[F6-PP] Peace and Quiet (Mari)

As the water glistened under the burning sun, renewed in its vigor overhead with the cloud coverage waning. It was almost blinding in its clarity. "I understand that thought, imagine trying to speak to someone. Anyone, and no matter what you do, or what you say it's always wrong. Almost makes you not want to speak at all." he looks down at the pool at the little fish eyeballing her toes as if they were worms. If it could it would be glaring.

Coming into view was a few amble fingers that cling to and remove the cup from his grasp, in a quick yet graceful swipe. Here he was reminded again of the fact they were sharing the utensil. Although it was making him flustered he could not refuse when they were finally mixing words, without having to scream at each other and he didn't want to ruin it with something she wasn't even aware of. Thrust back into his hands he takes another small sip as he wiggles his toes in his own shoes. Juiblex was picking up on how haywire it was making him, tightening around his chest like a form of a safety blanket.

"It really has a way of making one lose perspective, I am a realist. I would like to pretend that I have a higher life expectancy like somehow everything will just be alright. But the truth is I am the first one in and the last one out, that is what it means to do what I do. There is no room for cowardice, no room for error. My chances of surviving this are lower than nearly everyone's. I have a plan B, and that is Freyd and the guild. leave behind a playbook so that way. If it happens, they won't need me." He takes a drink again, ushering it back toward Mari leaving roughly half swashing around in it.

Looking up into the clear blue sky, that same gentle breeze still playing on them both as if this was paradise. "I keep worrying that if they all get too comfortable, these events, these little fun distractions. They will forget that this is a prison, that everyone's life, their lives are still hanging in the balance. A guillotine waiting to fall. Or worse, they forget the real world and all their loved ones. They leave here and have nothing to return to." muttered back as he looks at her cleanly, clearly, and with eyes that matched her flaming head matched with a genuine smile from a man that hardly ever gave one. "I told you, you gave me a gift. You reminded me that there was somewhere I needed to be, somewhere I needed to go. When no one else would listen, when no one else could hear me. You did, you tussled my hair and played me a song. You were the phantom from my past that was real, and when all I saw was torment and my own slipping sanity you were the flame that helped guide me home."