Party Limit: 4 | 20 + posts
Repeatable for standard page rewards.

dd0olm7-93d60d33-c95b-4152-ac0e-141b7daba8bd.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 300 Experience Points
  • Unlock access to <<Martial Arts>> skill 
  • Unlock access to <<TECH-F>> collected sword art

Requirements:

• Roleplay the climb up the mountain (3+ posts)
  • Must complete all three tasks provided by Master Yunxiang.
  • Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Damage bonuses from consumables and Combat Masteries apply. Damage bonuses apply from Damage/DoT enhancements on <<Martial Arts>> weaponry, but not from your weapon skill rank or mods, nor can you use any Sword Arts. 

Summary:

Atop a mountain on Floor 2, there is rumored to be a martial arts master that has taken residence. According to the information gathered, if you can prove your determination and fortitude the master will train you in the ways of martial arts.

Outline:  

After roleplaying the climb of one of the tallest mountains of Floor 2, at about three quarters of the way up the player will find themselves at a dojo. As they enter the grounds, an old monk will emerge from nearby and inquire as to the reason for their arrival. The player will need to explain that they want to learn martial arts from a real master, to which the monk will reply, “I will only train those who can prove to me that they are ready.”

The monk will introduce himself as Master Yunxiang, and will explain the three trials required to obtain what the players seek.  All three must be successfully completed in order to learn his secrets.

First Task
Master Yunxiang explains that the body must be honed if it is to become a weapon, therefore they must train it to be ready. Each player must succeed on a natural CD 8+ as they train their body in various workout routines (these are up to each player to describe as they please). Each successful attempt (up to two) will grant the player +2 additional final damage per successful attack against <<The Boulder>>. After two attempts, successful or not, the player may move on to the Second Task. These roll attempts may be collated under a single post, separated from performing other tasks.

Second Task
Next, the player(s) must train their mind, as it must be as strong and focused as their body. While sitting and meditating under a waterfall, each player will need to succeed on a natural LD 13+ while attempting to maintain their concentration. Each successful attempt (up to three) will grant the player +2 additional final damage per successful attack against <<The Boulder>>. After three attempts, successful or not, the player may move on to the Third Task. These roll attempts may be collated under a single post, separated from performing other tasks.

Third Task
For the final task, the player must use what they have learned in past two tasks to destroy a large boulder. Using only their fists, they must punch the rock until its HP reaches zero, and it shatters. Normal combat rules apply to the BD roll (i.e. 6-8 success, 9 minor critical +1, 10 major critical + 2). However if on the same roll the CD is a natural 12 or the LD a natural 20 the player may subtract an additional 5 HP from the boulder. Once the <<Boulder>> is destroyed, the trials will be complete and the player will unlock the <<Martial Arts>> skill.

NPCs:

b24d133df726437aae9dbe5bbc69c683.png

<<Master Yunxiang>>

Enemies:

o3mxo4I.png

<<Boulder>>
It wants to be punched.

<<Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 75/75 | EVA: -2

Epilogue:

Spoiler

Upon completing the three tasks set by Master Yunxiang, he will congratulate the player. “You have harnessed your inner strength and learned to channel it outward, proving your worth.  I am proud to call you my student.” The monk bows and invites you inside his dojo for tea and to rest after your hard work.