[F01-10] <<Dragon Hunter Anthology>>

650776-dragon-fantasy-art-artwork-dragon

The Dragon Hunter Anthology

Welcome to a saga unlike any other that Aincrad has ever seen. The newly reworked DHA is an epic journey packed with rich lore, fearsome enemies, dependable allies, and plenty of different routes for your character to choose. As you work through this ten-part questline, please consider the following:

• Each quest must be completed in order. You cannot skip around, and you must meet all requirements and have your thread closed before moving on to the next.
  • Pay close attention as you work your way through. The formatting for the quests makes them seem deceptively similar, but there are many variables that change from quest to quest. Be sure to double check things like party size and quest rewards.
  • In each quest, you'll notice a new subsection titled "Dragon Hunter's Journal." Finding these journal entries IC, and reading the lore contained within the spoilers, are not required steps for quest completion. However, they add incredible flavor to the story, and all players are encouraged to utilize the mechanic.
  • All quests are repeatable for "standard thread rewards." These are the basic experience and col you earn from writing any thread on the site. You cannot earn the bonus rewards (additional EXP, blessings, etc.) again.
  • The tenth and final part has two different options - standard quest, and raid. You are welcome to do both, and in no particular order. However, you will need a full raid party and staff approval before beginning the raid. To join, visit [the sign-up thread].

Floor 1
<<DHA 1: Diary of The Dragon Huntsman>>
Party Limit: 3 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard thread rewards.

image.png

Quest Rewards:

• 500 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Topaz Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's an orange topaz which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly spherical. This has to be of some importance, but exactly what I'm not entirely sure. Maybe more of these journal entries will reveal the secret."
  • Unlocks <<DHA 2: The Demon of the Mountains>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay meeting and speaking with Fuzziel
  • (Option) Obtain Fuzziel's blessing.
  • Roleplay searching for the hidden dragon nest.
  • Defeat Carsar the Egg Snatcher.
  • Retrieve the topaz dragon hatchlings and egg.
  • Roleplay reunion and hatching of the topaz dragon.

Summary:

On a random day as you strive to finish a quest, slay a mob, open up a chest, pick an NPC's pockets, perform the fishing skill, or simply just trading with the wandering NPC merchant, you encounter an item drop the likes of which you've never seen before. It appears to be a scroll, at first, with old drawings, maps and runes written into it. After messing around with the 'scroll' for awhile you discover that it isn't a scroll at all, but is actually two separate sheets. The first is a map, while the second appears to be a journal entry with the page number barely visible. While what you assume to be the date is indecipherable, the general text already appears to have been translated.

"It didn't take much time for me to locate my first target. After all, I've been studying dragons since I was a young child. I always knew it was the job I wanted. Now I'll be doing more than I ever imagined. The task I'd set for myself was a grand one indeed. Nevertheless, I've drawn a map of the area to ensure that I don't get lost, and will likely need to draw more in the future. The dragon's lair should be close. I only pray that the creature is sleeping..."

After reading the text, the map makes more sense.  Further inspection makes you suspect that you know where this map may be leading. As you finish reviewing the note and map, a prompt appears before you:

Quest

<<Diary of the Dragon Hunter>>
Accept Quest?

X

Upon choosing accept, you are left to locate the dragon's nest. To find the dragon's nest, the player(s) must roleplay searching for the dragon's hidden nest, which requires  an LD roll of 18 or higher, or making 5 posts roleplaying their search.  Five failed LD rolls achieve the same result.  Reaching the dragon's nest, you discover a long dragon with topaz-colored scales curled up in the center of the lair. A few pieces of gold are scattered across the den, but little else other than stone, rubble, cracks and claw marks. The dragon's eyes open as you enter.  It immediately stands up to roar at you, revealing an empty nest with cracked eggs, a dead topaz dragon behind her, and several wicked wounds visible on her underbelly. The dragon makes threatening noises towards you, but does not make the first move. Should the player(s) enquire as to what happened,  she tell them her tale in hopes of gaining their help. She will also reveal where her hatchlings and remaining egg were taken. If the player(s) heal her wounds with healing hands or potions, she will bestow her blessing breath (see below) on everyone, excepting any orange-cursor players. Her wounds will take time to fully be restored, but she will be whole upon the player's return.

Arriving at the specified location, the party catches sight of the missing topaz hatchlings, as well as a dragon egg.  A different topaz dragon rests nearby. The surrounding landscape consists of uneven stone ground, sloping upward in several areas with large stalagmites overhanging steep cliffs and ridges. Many boulders also litter the area. The player can choose to either sneak the hatchlings away (must beat Carsar's detection rating for 2 posts; sneaking to the hatchlings and sneaking back), fighting Carsar head on, or attempting to converse with him and persuade him to give the hatchlings up. If the player(s) fight and slay Carsar, they can roll to find his treasure trove (LD 15+ to succeed) of 5000 col and 15 materials. If the player chooses the stealth option they can still roll to find it, but must make another stealth roll in addition to the LD roll.  Any failed stealth rolls will cause Carsar to attack. The players can roll to find his treasure as many times as needed.

Regardless of which option the player(s) choose, they end up coming across another journal entry from the Dragon Hunter. This one seeming to have different locations written down with 'X' and 'O' marks. Oddly enough, there is also one location on each of the next eight floors in Aincrad...

Dragon Hunter's Journal:

Spoiler

During this quest alone, players have access to a unique loot system allowing them to obtain more pages of the Dragon Hunter's journal. This has no mechanic benefit and is mostly just for lore collection and achievement purposes, and as such completely optional. Journal pages can be recovered by slaying loot level mobs (does not need to meet player's level to drop), opening chests, picking pockets, or by using the fishing mechanic. The chance of a journal page appearing varies based on the difficulty of the method used (LD bonuses do not count towards this):

Fishing Skill - Drops on 18 LD or higher
Opening Chests - Drops on 17 LD or higher
Picking Pockets - Drops on 15 LD or higher
Slaying Mobs - Drops on 13 LD or higher.

SPOILER WARNING

If you want to discover the journal entries IC as you go along as opposed to reading them before encountering them, don't open this spoiler. Only open it if you aren't afraid of spoilers or if you dropped a specific entry.

Spoiler

1st journal entry found
     Once again the journal entry's text has been translated, but the date remains unknown. The page number appears to have faded away as well.

Spoiler

For future hunters, please note: Do not underestimate an amethyst dragon's agility, nor the strength of it's tail. Both are unnaturally great and quite dangerous to avoid. However if you are able to match it's speed, try and target it's wings or neck. It's hard scales cover it's underbelly as well as it's backside unlike other dragons. If you want to kill this dragon, that's your best bet.

2nd journal entry found
     Once again the journal entry's text has been translated, but the date remains unknown. The page number appears to have faded away as well.

Spoiler

I fought my first dragon. It happened as I traversed the forested mountains. The fierce monster didn't hesitate to knock me off of my wagon, cutting me deep with it's long talons. I quickly drew my sword and swung it just as it went for another dive, forcing it to fly higher to avoid my swing. At first glance I think it was a he. I quickly ran to the sides of the cliff to provide myself some cover, causing the dragon to launch it's breath attack at my shelter. The stone began to collapse on top of me. Hopefully I don't die in this rubble.

NPCs:

Topaz Good Dragon.jpg

<<Fuzziel>>
Like others of her species, Fuzziel is capable of human speech. A kind and loving motherly figure, Fuzziel's wrath is quickly defused when dealing with younglings, or kind looking individuals who appear injured. With her hatchlings having been stolen, and having received deep wounds herself, she is desperate enough to accept help from any others willing to offer it. If it is clear the players do not care for good deeds, she will angrily promise them the treasures of the one who stole her children so long as they bring the hatchlings back to her. For humble players with green cursors she will gently breathe on them, giving them her blessing (+1 EVA for this thread. Stacks with normal EVA).
Topaz Hatchling.jpeg

<<Topaz Dragon Hatchlings>>
There are a total of six hatchlings being held by Carsar. They don't dare move without someone there to protect them for fear of Carsar's wrath. One of the hatchlings appears to have received a long scratch along its side, and another walks with a limp. Each of the hatchlings will huddle close to the player(s) for safety the moment they are near, and will hide behind and under rocks if the player(s) confront Carsar, whether via conversation or physical combat.

Enemies:

Topaz Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Carsar the Egg Snatcher>>
Carsar will attack any non-dragons on sight versus talking, but he will entertain negotiations if outnumbered (i.e. not a solo thread). Carsar was jealous and hateful towards Fuzziel's mate. He stole her hatchlings, killed her mate to gain dominance over her and stole her treasure for himself. If the player(s) push for a non violent solution he will demand no less than 2500 col as compensation.
In battle, Carsar is relentless and vicious. He attacks with claw, tail and tooth and isn't afraid to use his flight to his advantage. He is intelligent and capable of identifying the greatest threat to him, targeting them first. His strategy more or less focuses on destroying the greatest threat to the least threatening, but depending on what the players do he will change his tactics to gain any form of advantage.

HP: 350/350 | DMG: 65 MIT: 40
This boss uses its own BD roll when attacking.

Abilities:

• Natural FighterCarsar can make three attacks in one round; once with his maw, once with his tail, and once with his claws. All deal the same damage.  If fighting against a party of three, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. Against a party of two, each will be targeted once, followed by an AoE attack that targets both. Against a solo party, the player will be targeted by all three attacks.
  • Aerial Combat | At any time Carsar feels overly threatened (losing more than 100 points of his health in one round) he takes to the skies to increase his mobility. While airborne he has +2 EVA, with a penalty of -1 ACC (-2 ACC at 200 or less HP, and -3 ACC at 100 or less HP). Carsar will land, ending this effect, if he takes 50 damage or less over two rounds. 
  • Breath Attack Activates on an BD 9-10.  Carsar has the ability to use a breath attack which emits a large paralytic gas. The attack gains +35 DMG (replacing crit bonus) with this attack and targets all players in the battlefield, inflicting Paralyze on contact. Make separate attack rolls for each additional target beyond the first.  Carsar he can only use this twice in a single battle before he cannot do so anymore.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

With the hatchlings and the unhatched egg rescued, the player(s) return to Fuzziel. Overjoyed at the return of her children she thanks you dearly. She ponders for a moment before drawing forth a small gemstone half an inch in diameter. The gemstone appears to be a topaz, and seems to be almost perfectly spherical. You wonder what its purpose might be...

Floor 2
<<DHA 2: The Demon of the Mountains>>
Must have completed <<DHA 1: Diary of The Dragon Huntsman>>

Dark Clouds.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 1,000 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Amethyst Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's an amethyst which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly spherical. This is the second gemstone you've obtained, and it seems to react strangely when brought near the topaz gemstone. You must find out what these stones mean."
  • POTENTIAL REWARDS:
    • Ormi's Blessing - Only obtained if village isn't attacked.
      • "A silver ring with an amethyst gemstone in its slot. This ring was found and blessed by the amethyst dragon Ormi. When worn it grants the wearer incredible agility."
      • Increases EVA by +2 for one post. Can be equipped outside 3 slot limit. Has a 5 post cooldown. Stacks with other EVA. Has 3 charges. Does not stack with other blessings.
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 3: Lost Blessings and Ancient Evils>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay finding the nest.
  • Roleplay conversation between Player(s) & Gianna.
  • Hunt down and defeat Gaindogrig.
  • Protect Taran Village / Stop goblin assault.
  • Rescue hatchling & return her to Ormi.

Summary:

After traversing towards the outskirts of the floor, deep into the rough mountains where the NPCs of the floor are too scared to venture, you finally reach the coordinates where the next dragon's nest should be. The player(s) must roleplay their search in order to actually find the nest, and must either roll an LD 10 or higher to find it, or make 3 posts roleplaying their search. They will find it after three failed rolls, regardless. 

Upon discovering a surprisingly well-hidden cave entrance into the mountainside, you slip in and travel down a long winding tunnel until you reach a massive, domed cave that looks to have been carved rather than forming naturally. Multiple eggs sit in the center, but the dragon is nowhere to be found. As you ponder this, you feel a blade against your back and hear a woman ask you what you are doing here. After you confirm that you are not here to harm the dragon she will lower her blade and ask if you can lend your aid as adventurers. She leads you outside where a massive amethyst dragon (Ormi) glides down and speaks to you through Gianna.

You are told that Gaindogrig the Demon, named so by the floor inhabitants for his appearance, has grown more restless and confident ever since players slew the former floor boss, known as <<Armadelon the Crusher>>.  Gaindodrig now seeks to increase his own influence and power over the sentient beings of this land. She explains that he's intimidated and bribed a local goblin clan into serving him, and has slowly been bringing others under his leadership. 

Ormi believes that Gaindodrig is planning to send them to raid and pillage Taran village. She asks the player(s) to help the village for Gianna's sake, but also wishes to see Gaindogrig defeated for capturing one of her hatchlings that accidentally wandered into his territory.  The hatchling hides, but Ormi would see her daughter returned safely to her side. Gianna further explains that Ormi, while massive and still a dragon, has no talent for combat.  She has lived her life in secrecy.  Not even Gaindogrig is certain of her existence. She cannot aid the heroes. Gianna, however, willingly offers her assistance and asks the player(s) to help her defeat Gaindogrig and save her village.

After the players accept, Gianna will explain further that the goblins have already been sent by Gaindogrig, and are camped a few miles out from Taran village.  They are preparing their raid.  If the player(s) don't attack and defeat Gaindogrig first, he will come to the goblin's rescue. She asks them what they intend to do, and an assignment menu appears before you.  On it is a list of different missions you can give to players or Gianna to complete, each with a chance of success based on skills and abilities.

• Fight Gaindogrig - Players who wish to sneak attack Gaindogrig must first attempt to sneak past the goblin camp outside the town in order to catch Gaindogrig off guard. The goblins are too scared of Gaindogrig to run away from the fight.
    • If all players and Gianna fight him, the town will likely suffer damage from the goblin raid during their absence.
  • Fight Goblins - Any player (or Gianna) assaulting the goblins can either choose to attack head on or attempt to assassinate them all secretly. If assassination is desired, players must roll stealth versus each target. The goblin is considered to have been killed on a successful roll. If the player fails, the goblin evades the attack and combat initiates normally. 
    • If the players fight the goblins without killing the dragon, Gaindogrig will join the assault against the goblins immediately after the goblin chief is attacked.
  • Warn the town - Players given this assignment won't be active in combat for 5 posts as they will be making a return journey. However after 5 posts roleplaying the journey back, they player may jump in and join combat with their comrades, whether it be against the goblins or Gaindogrig.
    • Gianni will refuse to go. The town cast her out for her adventurous ways, and therefore, no one will believe her.

After the tasks are completed, should the player not have found the hatchling by then, they can continue to search the area until they find her.

Dragon Hunter's Journal:

Spoiler

During this quest alone, players have access to a unique loot system allowing them to obtain more pages of the Dragon Hunter's journal. This has no mechanic benefit and is mostly just for lore collection and achievement purposes, and as such completely optional. Journal pages can be recovered by slaying loot level mobs (does not need to meet player's level to drop), opening chests, pick pockets, or by using the fishing mechanic. The chance of a journal page appearing varies based on the difficulty of the method used (LD bonuses do not count towards this):

SPOILER WARNING

If you want to discover the journal entries in character as you go along as opposed to reading them before encountering them, don't open this spoiler. Only open it if you aren't afraid of spoilers or if you dropped a specific entry.

Spoiler

1st journal entry found:
     The journal's date and the page number appear to have faded over time and are now unreadable. The journal entry however is intact.

Spoiler

I finally found a way to dig my way out of this little cave in without making the rubble so unstable as to collapse it further, crushing me in the process. From what I could tell, the dragon had no idea that I was keeping dragon eggs in the wagon and just took my horse. I'd have to kill the dragon before I could safely take the eggs the rest of the way past the mountains. I climbed the side of the mountain, in the hopes that I can catch the beast off guard.

2nd journal entry found:
     The journal's date appears to have faded over time, and the page number has been scratched out. The journal entry however is intact.

Spoiler

It took a while, but I found the hidden home of an old knight; a legendary one at that. After telling him of my goal, he agreed to train me. I've never been much of a combatant, but I've performed enough physical labor to have the strength. All I need is the skill. It's been a month since I started learning from him and we're already nearly done. It can't be helped, I don't have much time after all. But he did give me a book he wrote for me, so that I can continue working on his lessons while on the road.

3rd journal entry found:
     The journal's date and the page number appear to have faded over time and are now unreadable. The journal entry however is intact.

Spoiler

While restocking, I heard stories and rumors around town and discovered two things. The first was that there was a ruby dragon nest not far from here, which is likely the home of my next target. The second was very disturbing news indeed. The dark dragon was finally pushed to the point where he paused his carnage, but at the cost of five of the nine dragon knights. They are quickly trying to find new recruits to fill in their depleted ranks of dragon hunters. I guess that's why the town seems so empty...

Outline:

There are roughly a hundred goblins at the camp, but players need only concern themselves with fighting the chief and his 8 closest guards. Whether they state they snuck around, scared them off, or killed a great deal of the goblin horde is little concern so long as they fight the 8 goblins and their chief in the camp.

Using a post action, immediately after Gaindogrig has been defeated, players can search for Gaindogrig's treasure horde. Success requires an LD of 10+ or higher (LD bonuses apply). Players may search as many times as needed to find the hoard. Upon being found, the treasure horde will grant a standard treasure chest to each player in the party.  Each player must roll to open their own chest as a separate post action. 

Once Gaindogrig has been defeated, players can also search for Orsyn (aka Ormi's hatchling).  Success requires an LD of 10+ or higher (LD bonuses apply).  Players may continue to search for Orsyn until she is found.

Allies:

Adventurer.jpg

<<Gianna>>
Unlike the other NPCs on this floor, Gianna desired to explore the world as much as she could. After training in combat and hunting, she began to adventure outside the borders of their protected settlements, much to the anxiety of her fellow townsfolk. She often brings them back tales of adventures and discoveries, though they seldom believe her, choosing instead to believe she would have died if she ventured farther out, and thus her tales must be false. She loves sharing and hearing stories, but isn't overly chatty and won't pry into the party's personal business.

HP: 350/350 | DMG: 85 EVA: 1
Gianna makes stealth rolls with a +2 stealth rating.

Abilities:

• Bow & Arrow | Should Gaindogrig take to the skies, Gianna will switch to her bow and arrows. While she has this equipped, her attacks are not affected by the evasion buff Gaindogrig obtains while airborne.

NPCs:

Obsidian Good Dragon.jpg

<<Ormi>>

Despite being massive in size and appearance, Ormi is an incredibly kind and loving individual. She will not hesitate to comfort and console those who are struggling or suffering emotional trauma. She has the ability to communicate with other entities (players included) via telepathy but only if they've earned her friendship and ultimate trust.

Obsidian Hatchling.jpg

<<Orsyn>>
Orsyn like her mother, is capable of telepathy with other entities, though her vocabulary and grammar will be equivalent to those of a toddler. Very open and trusting, she will attempt to befriend the player(s) and will follow their instructions to the letter, especially during combat. When not in danger, she will want to perch on an entity's shoulder (either Gianna or one of the players). If, for some reason, the players must camp for the night while Orsyn is with them, she will choose a random player and curl up beside them before falling asleep.

Enemies:

Goblin.jpg

<<Goblin>>
Normally loathed to leave the confines of the crystal caves, or the immediate lands surrounding it, their fear, respect and greed making up their relationship with Gaindogrig drives them to the settlements for the sole purpose of raiding and pillaging.
Goblins are not expert fighters, typically resorting to wide and wild slashes with their long daggers, or reckless rapid shots with their bows and arrows. While individually weak, goblins will often concentrate their efforts on one individual per group to get the most effect out of their numbers.

HP: 150/150 | DMG: 75

Abilities:

• Quantity over Quality | Unlike most mobs, the goblins will attack the players in groups of eight as opposed to the normal pack of four. Thus in normal combat the players must face up to eight goblins at a time.

Goblin Chief.jpg

<<Ubwaba>>
Given charge of the many other goblins thanks to Gaindogrig's authority, Ubwaba fiercely leads his fledgling horde. While reckless himself, he's more than capable of understanding and using battle tactics. Ubwaba loves the thrill of combat, having become known for causing, then brutally ending, fights back in the crystal cave.  He won't hesitate to join the eight goblins on the frontlines to take down the party, as opposed to those who would normally lead from the rear. He will always choose to fight the DPS players (players with highest potential raw damage output) first before taking on the less ferocious players.
While his bloodlust is great, his greed can also hardly be quenched. Thus the players can attempt to bribe Ubwaba into calling the assault off by offering a minimum of x col (though Ubwaba will bargain upwards). Ubwaba will tell the players that if they leave the gold and can kill Gaindogrig, then he will call off the assault. Ironically despite his lust for battle, he is known among his people as being extremely honorable when making deals.

HP: 350/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 50
This mob uses its own BD roll when attacking.

Abilities:

• Dual Wielding | Ubwaba, wielding twin axes, can attack twice in one post, though his second attack will be with a -2 on his BD. When dual attacking he can strike one target twice, or two targets once (if two players have the same highest potential raw damage output).
  • Ruthless Endeavor | On an BD 9 or 10, Ubwaba applies the bleed status effect, dealing 12 points of damage to the player for two posts. Additionally, he deals an additional 10 points of damage on an MD 9, and an additional 25 points of damage on an MD 10.

Obsidian Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Gaindogrig the Demon>>
Strong, massive and powerful, Gaindogrig is tired of living in the shadows, and is eager to establish his dominance upon this floor at long last. Originally content with snatching treasures from passing carriages and raiding the goblin's own treasures, he now seeks to be the one and only overlord of this floor. Hating anything good or just, he intends to level and utterly destroy at least one of the settlements in order to send the humans into a mad mix of fear and anger, sowing chaos among them. He will not negotiate or be placated.  His only desire is the power to break the will and spirits of those who would dare stand against him. Gaindogrig is capable of using telepathy, and should he discover Ormi's existence, he will loudly declare his hatred towards her, swearing to kill her hatchling in front of her before tearing her to shreds. While he has no love for the goblins, he needs them as fodder for his conquest.  If the goblins fall under attack and blow a horn to call for his aid, he will race there immediately unless already in combat himself.
When fighting, Gaindogrig will use everything to his advantage. He fights with talons, tooth, tail, horns, even using the environment itself, in order to overcome his foes. He uses his renown agility and speed to surprise his opponents and throw them off their guard whenever possible. He isn't afraid to make the most terrifying and gruesome threats either. If he can use his evil, cruel, and toxic nature to his advantage during a fight he certainly will.

HP: 400/400 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 2

Abilities:

• Might of Gaindogrig | On an BD 9, Gaindogrig will ram the player with the most hate using his horns, dealing an additional 15 points of damage. On an MD 10, Gaindogrig will shatter a portion of the cliffside, sending boulders hurling down to the party dealing 115 points of mitigatable damage against all them. If hit by the boulders, each player must roll an LD as a Free Action. If the LD is 5 or below, the player in question is stunned for one post.
  • Conquerer | Gaindogrig can make four attacks in one round; once with his maw, once with his tail, and twice with his claws. If against a party of four, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. If against a party of three, each Player will be targeted by an individual attack, followed by an AoE attack that targets all three. Against a party of two, each will be targeted twice. Against a solo party, the Player will be targeted by all four attacks. He also has an additional +1 ACC against the player or players (if matching) with the most hate.
  • Aerial Combat | At any time Gaindogrig is overly threatened (losing more than 100 points of his health in one round) he can take to the skies to increase his mobility. While airborne he has an additional +1 EVA, with a penalty of -1 ACC (-2 ACC at 50% health). Gaindogrig will land, ending this effect, if he takes 50 damage or less over two rounds.
  • Breath Attack | Every fifth turn, Gaindogrig has the ability to release an incredibly intense and potent sonic blast of incredible volume against the whole party. This attack deals 150 damage as an AoE attack at +2 ACC (the EVA stat does not reduce the BD for this particular attack). Each player must roll an LD to determine if they are paralyzed for the next turn or not: LD 10 and lower indicates paralyzed. This attack however is very strenuous on Gaindogrig, and thus he is only capable of using it twice in a single fight.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

After finding and rescuing Orsyn and bringing her back to Ormi, the party will hear the amethyst dragon's telepathic voice thanking them all for bringing her hatchling back safe and sound. She will sense the presence of your topaz gemstone and mention it before producing an amethyst gemstone of the same size and shape. Showing it to the party, she will explain that it's been an heirloom since ages long lost, and that she no longer recalls where she obtained it. When the gemstones are held side by side, a spark flies between the two and the two shine a little brighter. Perhaps there's more to these gems than you know...

If the village is saved (goblins do not attack village) Gianna will approach the party to thank them for helping her village, and asks that the party keep Ormi's existence a secret from the rest of the floor. She will also give the party a thank you gift for their aid called "Ormi's Blessing".

Floor 3
<<DHA 3: Lost Blessings and Ancient Evils>>
Party Limit: 3 | 20+ Posts
Must have completed <<DHA 2: The Demon of the Mountains>>

Underwater.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 1,500 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Sapphire Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a sapphire which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly sphericle. Like the other two gemstones this one has some sort of reaction when near the others, only this time the reaction is greater."
  • POTENTIAL REWARDS:
    • Qeozze's Blessing - Only rewarded if Qeozze is still alive and treasure located
      • "Lightning dances across my weapon, alive with energy. Its power fills me with strength, but my enemies will feel it's fury."
      • On any successful hit, the player may activate this blessing, instantly paralyzing the target and stunning up to 3 other enemies with its chain lightning ability. 5 post cooldown. 3 charges.
      • Does not stack with other blessings. If applied to a weapon already blessed by one of the other dragons, it will override the previous blessing.
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 4: True Family>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay hearing rumors spoken by the Faun and traversing through the Forest of Wavering Mist.
  • Roleplay encounter and conversation with Nukal.
  • Destroy Qeozze OR neutralize him.
  • Roleplay traversing through Flora town and finding a home for Mirvel.

Summary:

Following the Dragon Hunter's map through the third floor, the players find themselves passing through the Faun town of Flora. As they do so they can hear multiple rumors if they listen in on private conversations, or asking questions to the Faun. The different rumors players can hear are: "I heard there are evil spirits haunting the forest of wavering mists. Is that true? Or is it more Fae trickery?" "The forest feels weaker somehow recently. Are the Fae to blame?" "They say there's been some strange rumbling sounds below Aruyt." As time goes on the players continue to follow the map and must roleplay their journey into and through the forest of wavering mist until they at last locate and reach the dragon's nest. However in order to actually find the nest, the player must roleplay their search for it, and must either roll an LD 12 or higher to find it, or make 4 posts roleplaying their search. Upon arriving the players find the corpses of two dragons. Viciously mauled with a few sections of their bodies twisted by dark magics. As the party gazes upon this atrocity, Nukal speaks to them from behind.

She leads the party to a hidden grove where her daughter and her remaining two eggs hide from the Fae. If asked about what happened, how the Fae wished to perform their terrible experiments on the dragons and that she and her spouse didn't give them the opportunity, defending their eggs and hatchling to their last breath. However she also says that the Fae aren't the biggest threat at the current moment. She explains to you that the last fully grown dragon dwells in the lake below the Faun populated settlement known as Aruyt, and that he is struggling to escape it's great depths. Nukal asks the party to please prevent this from happening, by any means necessary. Mirvel herself asks a small request of the party: to see if they find a way to prevent his escape without killing him, as while he is dangerous, he is still dragon kind, not to mention his attempts at stealing knowledge of magic from the Fae, only to be forced into the lake by them later. Before the party departs, Nukal breathes on the party, blessing them with the ability to breathe underwater for a short time (until quest ends). If asked about the forest becoming weaker, she will explain that she and her mate would always breathe their blessings into the forest and keep the Fae from going too far with their mischief wherever they went before they were killed.

The party must roleplay traversing from the forest of wavering mist to, and into the lake below. The party travels and explores the lake below, encountering all manner of marine life and discovering a deeper section of the lake that was impossible to explore without water breathing. During their exploration the party can encounter many large columns of stone which seem to support the deeper section of the lake. After the party has explored a good length of time, loud rumbling is heard and every creature flees into hiding. Qeozze emerges from an opening which leads into a deeper underwater cavern, and gives an almighty roar before charging at the party.

Dragon Hunter's Journal:

Spoiler

During this quest alone, players have access to a unique loot system allowing them to obtain more pages of the Dragon Hunter's journal. This has no mechanic benefit and is mostly just for lore collection and achievement purposes, and as such completely optional. Journal pages can be recovered by slaying loot level mobs (does not need to meet player's level to drop), opening chests, pick pockets, or by using the fishing mechanic. The chance of a journal page appearing varies based on the difficulty of the method used (LD bonuses do not count towards this):

SPOILER WARNING

If you want to discover the journal entries IC as you go along as opposed to reading them before encountering them, don't open this spoiler. Only open it if you aren't afraid of spoilers or if you dropped a specific entry.

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

I want to go back home so badly. Heck even the winter lands would be better than this scortching desert. I need to find someplace to restock my supplies. I need more food and water, specifically water, or I may die out here. And I can't. Not with the task I have ahead of me. But this is the worst. The cart got stuck in the sand three times now. I can't take much more of this...

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

All our hope has died with Jonnid, the Champion. When that dark monster struck him down, despair filled the land. Unmatched, and unchecked, the dragons now ravage the land with a great fury. Nearly every week our towns and cities are being raided by several of them at once, each of them seeking to feed their greed by hauling off treasures of all sorts. Not all is lost however. I've heard that they've been gathering fierce warriors to combat the dragons and drive them back. All matter of warriors like samurai, knights, assassins, magicians. Let's just hope it will be enough...

3rd journal entry found
     The journal's date appears to have faded over time, and the page number has been scratched out. The journal entry however is intact.

Spoiler

Is this the feeling the other dragon hunter told me about? The adrenaline? The excitement? Knowing what you're about to do, despite the vast difference in strength and skill between you and the dragon? He said nothing of the terror and dread of having to face such a creature. I've had far more safer encounters with dragons in the past, but never in my life did I ever think I would be doing something so treacherous... And so wrong. And yet, I must do this. I am, after all. A dragon hunter.

4th journal entry found

Spoiler

My next target was in the fae forest. Interestingly enough, I had an encounter with one and they were incredibly helpful. Once they knew what my intentions were they eagerly helped me out. They led me to the sapphire dragon's nest and waited for me to distract the two dragons. Actually there were three of them, which turned out to be a real problem for me, but a few of the fae helped annoy the dragons enough to give me opportunities to strike them. And so I fought the dragons off while the fae retrieved my prize from the dragon hoard. With the blood of three more dragons on my hands, I left with my prize.

Outline:

Using a post action, the players can attempt to locate and find Qeozze's treasure horde after having neutralized him. The treasure can be found on an LD 16+, awarding the players one <<Qeozze's Blessing>> each. Only one attempt her thread.

The alternative to slaying Qeozze is to seal him in the lake by destroying the columns. There will always be two columns times the number of players. Each column has an MIT of 100 and HP of 350. Qeozze will fight the party consistently until he's ether slain or every column is destroyed.

During the entire fight with Qeozze, the party has -1 EVA and -1 BD due to sluggish movement underwater. Additionally due to the darkness of the depths of the water, the party will also suffer penalties of darkness unless carrying a Glowstone or using Night Vision.

NPCs:

Sapphire Good Dragon.jpg

<<Nukal>>
Her lineage having learned a bit of Fae magic during their years on this floor, Nukal is capable of manifesting her spirit in the physical world for short periods. While she is kind and wise, she is also fierce and quick to act. She does not seek vengeance for what happened. She only wishes to see this floor and it's denizens safe from the carnage of Qeozze. Having lived with the Fae for a long time, she is extremely wary, and prefers to take no chances with Qeozze's death than take the chance of failure by letting him live.

Sapphire Hatchling.jpg

<<Mirvel>>
Still very young, Mirvel has not seen nor experienced much of this world. Her most recent tragedy involving her parent's demise was a scarring event, and she is still getting over it with the help of her mother. Whether due to the violent actions of the Fae or not, Mirvel wishes to show Qeozze mercy. She does not wish for anymore bloodshed and instead wants to find another way. Depending on what the player chooses to do will affect the impressionable young hatchling.

Enemies:

Sapphire Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Qeozze the Deep Dweller>>
Qeozze is the most unique and different of all the dragons you have faced thus far, but it is not due to his physical qualities or powers. It is because he seems to lack most, if any intelligence entirely. Acting on impulses, natural needs and the like, Qeozze will act more like a common animal than an intelligent and proud dragon. His wings appear somewhat disfigured, possibly due to dark magic, and his eyes are filled with a constant hunger which he seems to never be able to satisfy. Whenever he attacks, Qeozze is ruthless and violent, especially if he is somehow cornered despite all odds. He is unafraid to harm or devour anyone, regardless of age, gender or personality. As a result he cannot be taunted with non-violent methods.

HP: 650/650 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 85 | EVA: -1
(Qeozze's EVA cannot be reduced to less than -1)

Abilities:

• Natural Predator | Qeozze can make four attacks in one round; once with his maw, once with his tail, and twice with his claws. If against a party of four, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. If against a party of three, each Player will be targeted by an individual attack, followed by an AoE attack that targets all three. Against a party of two, each will be targeted twice. Against a solo party, the Player will be targeted by all four attacks. He also has an additional +1 ACC underwater, and +2 ACC against the player or players (if matching) with the most hate.
  • Vortex | Every fourth rounds after the battle begins, this ability ends, or if Qeozze's health drops below 50%, Qeozze begins to swim in fast rotation around the party, creating an underwater whirlpool. When Qeozze does this, instead of attacking the party must roll to escape the whirlpool. To succeed they must make an LD 15 or higher (add evasion modifier to the roll). If they do not escape the whirlpool, they will be immobilized for the next post, and will receive 75 unmitigatable points of damage this post, and 75 points of unmitigatable damage the next post.
  • Breath Attack | Qeozze has the ability to release a chain lightning attack. Once fired, this attack is nearly impossible to avoid due to the nature of electricity and water. Players with heavy armor are automatically hit by this attack. Players with medium armor may evade the attack if they successfully roll an LD of 17 or higher. Players with light armor may evade the attack if they successfully roll an LD of 13 or higher. Any player struck by this attack is dealt 100 unmitigatable damage points immediately, and 75 mitigatable damage points the next post. Qeozze will use this attack on a BD 9 or 10, but can only use it twice.
  • You'll Never Take Me Alive | If Qeozze is defeated, it will use the last of its power to unleash a concentrated beam of energy toward its treasure horde, destroying it entirely.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

Upon having ensured that Qeozze will never reach and assault the surface, you return to Nukal and inform her. She thanks you and tells her daughter Mirvel to give you your reward, which is the very last of their treasures. This is in fact, a sapphire gemstone, though by now you have come to expect this. When Nukal hears about the other gemstones and how they were given by her multi-colored cousins, she admits she was not aware of this, nor that there were other dragons. Before she departs to learn more about the gemstones and her mysterious other brethren, she asks you to take Mirvel to the Fauna, who will likely take her in and raise her with kindness. When you bring the three gemstones together, there are two to three sparks that fly between each gemstone, and the three glow brighter than they did when it was just the Topaz and Amethyst gemstones.

If Qeozze is still alive when the party returns to Nukal, Mirvel will approach the party after Nukal departs and thank you for sparing his life, determined now to grow up strong and caring, and to find a way to help find a way to change the way of the Fae. One day at least. With that she breathes on your weapon, granting it the ability to become imbued with Qeozze's Blessing. If Qeozze is dead when the party returns to Nukal, Mirvel will not give her blessing, and will be sorely depressed that the party was unable to find another way. She grudgingly accepts that in order to protect the Fauna and other peaceful inhabitants and travelers on this floor, the Fae may have to be fought against.

With this completed, the players then take Mirvel to one of the two Faun settlements, and leave the hatchling with them.

Floor 4
<<DHA 4: True Family>>
Party Limit: 3 | 20+ Posts
Must have completed <<DHA 3: Lost Blessings and Ancient Evils>>

Blizzard.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 2,000 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Pearl Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a semi-clear pearl which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly sphericle. Like the other three gemstones this one has some sort of reaction when near the others, only this time the reaction is greater."
  • POTENTIAL REWARDS:
    • Mekem's Blessing - Only rewarded if all three Ice Drakes are alive at the end of the quest.
      • "A frosty aura coats your choice of weapon or shield, chilling any who come in contact with it for too long."
      • Whether landing a successful or non successful hit with the blessed weapon, or being attacked (whether hit or missed) by an opponent with the blessed shield, your opponent receives a -1 to BD/MD and -1 to EVA for three posts. The blessing has a 5 post cooldown before it can chill an enemy again. Does not trigger until the blessing is activated; then it lasts a full thread before the blessing vanishes.
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 5: Of Greed and Avarice>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay searching for dragon nest in Glacier Cove.
  • Roleplay traversing through the mountains during the blizzard.
  • Fight and defeat Sorsi.

Summary:

Wasting no time after reaching the fourth floor, you follow the map to the Glacial Cove. The player must roleplay exploring the Glacier Cove, fighting off it's natural monsters, and finding the dragon nest. However in order to actually find the nest, the player must roleplay their search for it, and must either roll an LD 18 or higher to find it, or make 5 posts roleplaying their search. When the party at last reaches the nest of the pearl dragon, they find the den empty save for the frozen skeleton of an adult dragon with several of its bones broken. From behind you hear the movement of ice drakes, but before you can assault them you notice a pearl dragon among them. Mekem interrogates the party and once satisfied explains that his father and mother had been quarreling for a long time, the two of them becoming increasingly angered with one another. They had killed the evil dragon on this floor, but the father had only wanted to discourage him from assaulting them while the mother insisted on ending their reign of evil permanently. Eventually their argument turned into a fight when she struck him, resulting in her going mad with rage and guilt, leaving the cove and vanishing into the mountains.

Mekem tells the party that he's lived in the cove all alone for years now, and has befriended some of the drakes, but that he must still slay his mother. If questioned he simply tells them that she wishes to take him back to her new lair by any means necessary, and that she's let her anger corrupt her. How if left to her own devices she will become just as evil as the dragon she killed. The player must then roleplay following Mekam and his Drake allies through the mountains to find his mother Sorsi. No matter how much the players talk to Mekem his determination does not seem to waver. If asked about, Mekem will tell the players they can take the treasure hoard, and that he has no desire to keep any of it.

Dragon Hunter's Journal: 

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

The hunter and I parted ways the next day. And needless to say, I didn't exactly feel comfortable with what was said. I agreed that something had to be done about the dragons. But. They were treating their job of dragon hunting like it was a game. Something to boast about proudly to others. He wasn't afraid to tell me the names of the dragons he helped slay, and that he was eagerly awaiting the day he could deliver the final blow to one himself. This is... Wrong. The dragons aren't mindless beasts. They're intelligent like us. I have to do something about this.

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

As luck would have it, the creature was sleeping. I crept up to the monster as quietly as I could and thrust my blade into the underside of it's neck. The creature howled in pain and used it's tail to knock me away. It didn't even focus on me as it tried to pull the sword out, but with little success as it flailed about. I ran over to the boulders lying around and began to get to higher ground quickly. I leaped from above onto it's neck as it lurched it's head back, grasped my sword and swung it out, cutting it's head right off.

3rd journal entry found
     The journal's date and page number appear to have suffered damage, but the journal entry is still readable.

Spoiler

Praise the gods above and below for my success. I don't know how I managed it, but I was able to snatch the egg of a topaz dragon without waking it's parents. Not only that, but I actually managed to steal several of them. I now have in my lap, one of five eggs that I stole from them. I feel bad for doing so, but this is necessary. I can practically hear their roars of fury and wails of sorrow. Forgive me Emoim, Iozzie.. One day I hope you will understand.

4th journal entry found

Spoiler

Out of the blizzard and into the mountain range. This is not fun territory to cross with a cart filled with dragon eggs. However it's something I must do. Maybe I can find another wagon at a settlement.

Outline: 

Using a post action, the players can attempt to locate and find Sorsi's treasure horde after it has been defeated. The treasure can be found on an LD 11+, however it is seen below frozen ice. The ice must be shattered before the party can reach the treasure (1000 HP). The treasure horde will produce one standard treasure chest per player. One attempt to find the treasure horde per thread.

Allies:

Diamond Hatchling.jpg

<<Mekem>>
Unlike the previous dragon hatchlings, Mekem has grown a considerable amount, now around about 4'8. Already capable of speech equal to that of a mature adult, he thinks and talks in a very focused, analytical manner. Preferring to follow logic, law, and morality of right and wrong over that of personal attachment or personal emotions. As a result while he doesn't want it personally, he is willing to fight with the party to defeat and end his mother in order to preserve the pearl dragon lineage and their honor.
During combat, Mekem fights using a hit and run tactic. Choosing to rely on his agility and small stature to his advantage, Mekem will never take unnecessary risks even if asked, and will always be on the lookout for any weaknesses or openings that may appear.

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 50 | EVA: 3

Abilities:

• Raised In The Ice | Mekem is completely immune to any cold, frost or freeze attacks, and takes half damage from Sorsi's breath attack.
  • Tactical Retreat | If his health reaches 50%, Mekem will fly back, avoiding the fight altogether until he can recover his health. If left to his own devices, he will recover at a rate of 50 health per post. He will no re-enter the fray until at 80% health or higher.
  • Strategist's Eyes | Every round, if the player rolls an MD 9-10, their attack will be an automatic critical hit equal to a natural 9. Unique enhancements qualifying as DoTs will trigger on these unique hits, but normal DoTs (like bleed) will not be triggered. This ability will not activate if Mekem is out of combat due to <<Tactical Retreat>>.
  • Breath Attack | Activates on BD 10. Mekem is capable of firing a thin stream of cold at his target. While this cannot harm Sorsi, it does create a layer of frost and ice which shatters anytime she is hit. Thus after being hit by his breath attack, Sorsi receives a status called 'icebite' which has no duration. When Sorsi is struck by the player(s) while under this status, she receives 25 bonus points of final damage from the shattering ice per hit. After struck even once while under this status, 'icebite' vanishes the immediate next round. Mekem is capable of this breath attack twice only.
  • Carnal Rage | With each Ice Drake that falls, Mekem becomes more and more wrathful, losing his more analytical and logical side to his lost friends. Thus he gains a +1 BD and +25 additional damage when attacking, but also -1 EVA for every ice drake that dies. These buffs stack and are permanent until the battle ends.

Ice Drake.png

<<Ice Drake>>
Mekem's three ice drake friends, they are far less intelligent creatures than Mekem, and move and act with more of a primal instinct. While they have strong ties to Mekem they have none with the party, and thus if an ice drake is left alone with a player without Mekem, it may attempt to attack as if a normal monster. With Mekem these ice drakes are strangely very warm and friendly, cuddling with the dragon should the four be sleeping.
During combat these creatures fight relentlessly and without hesitation. Before facing Sorsi, Mekem will teach the ice drakes to follow specific commands which the player can repeat during the battle as they see fit.

HP: 350/350 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 50

Abilities:

• Command | The player can state one of three commands as a Free Action: Attack, wait, or retreat. When commanding the Ice Drake to attack they do so with no hesitation, attacking until stated otherwise. When commanding the Ice Drake to wait, the creature will hold off its attack for a maximum of 2 posts, then continue to attack (the wait command's cooldown is double the number of posts the drakes wait. Ex: if the drakes wait 1 post and are commanded to attack afterwards, then the cooldown is 2 posts. If the drakes wait 2 posts, then the cooldown is 4 posts). When commanding the Ice Drakes to retreat they leave combat for a maximum of 2 posts, then continue to attack (the retreat command's cooldown is triple the number of posts the drakes retreat. Ex: if the drakes are out of combat for 1 post and are commanded to attack afterwards, then the cooldown is 3 posts. If the drakes are out of combat for 2 posts, then the cooldown is 6 posts).

Enemies:

Diamond Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Sorsi the Heartless>>
While both intelligent, powerful and capable of perfect speech, she is unreasonable as she clearly has gone mad with grief and self hatred. Furthermore it is clear upon arrival that her form has changed: Her wings are now made of strong ice shards and frozen crystals crawl out from between her scales. She yells at the party to leave her domain or suffer the consequences even before they reach her den inside the icey cavern, her voice becoming more loud and violent the further in they go. The moment she sees the party combat initiates as her every action is driven by violence.
Despite having gone mad, Sorsi is still very much intelligent and knows how to take advantage of a bad situation. Thus she will target whoever is the greatest threat if being overpowered by raw damage, strike down the healer if her attacks are being beaten by the health she's receiving, and will only attack the tank if they are generating hate with the fighting spirit skill, not howl. Should any of the ice drakes perish however, she will recognize Mekem's increased fury and will target the ice drakes first (unless she is dangerously close to dying, in which case she will lower the risk factors first).

HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | THRNS: 30

Abilities:

• Expert Fighter | Regardless of whether the players use hide or tracking, Sorsi always makes her attack first when combat begins (benefits of tracking and hide are not negated). Sorsi can make four attacks in one round; once with her maw, once with her tail, and twice with her claws. If against a party of four, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. If against a party of three, each Player will be targeted by an individual attack, followed by an AoE attack that targets all three. Against a party of two, each will be targeted twice. Against a solo party, the Player will be targeted by all four attacks. Sorsi will always focus Ice Drakes and Mekem before the players. Should any of her rolls possess a natural BD 9-10, she will make a fifth attack with her wings. Her wing attack will be an AoE attack against the players.
  • Shard Volley | This ability activates on the first turn, and has a 3 round cooldown. Unable to use her wings in flight, she instead swings them violently in a wide arc, sending a volley of ice shards off of her wings towards the entire group, targeting every player, Mekem, and Ice Drakes that are currently in combat. These shards have a power of 100 DMG, cannot land a critical hit, but they do have an additional +1 ACC.
  • Born of Frost | Now infused with ice and having been raised by it, Sorsi is completely immune to any cold damage or freeze status. Additionally, any attack made with a weapon carrying such enhancements has it's damage reduced by 50%. Finally, any modified hits (unnatural BD 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc.) chill the attacker, reducing their ACC and EVA by 1 for the next round.
  • Breath Attack | Sorsi is capable of channeling one of two breath forms. Cone breath (activated on BD 9 and CD 10+) breathes a powerful cold attack on the entire party, dealing 100 points of damage and reducing EVA by -2 for two rounds. Focus breath (Activated on BD 10 and CD 10+) breathes an intense beam of ice and cold on the player with the highest hate, dealing 200 cold damage and freezing them for 1 post. These attacks will take the place of <<Expert Fighter>> multi-attack when procced.

Environmental Effect:

During the entire fight with Sorsi a mild blizzard blows, resulting in -1 ACC for the players (not for Mekem, The Ice Drakes or Sorsi), as well as an additional -2 energy per sword art used.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

As Sorsi dies, her last words, barely a whisper, can be heard by those who listen: "Thank you..." As his mother falls dead, Mekem bows his head for a moment or two in respect for his now deceased parent, the ice drakes (however many are left), following suit. Afterwards Merek notices a gemstone his mother had been guarding; the family heirloom which she took with her along with the other treasure. Beside this gemstone another page to the Dragon Hunter's journal (see below). Mekem again states he does not need any treasure, not even an heirloom, and gives it to the party. When the player(s) hold the four gemstones together, instead of multiple sparks flying between the gemstones, a single thread of electricity jumps from one gemstone to the next, before repeating the cycle, and each gemstone glows even brighter than before.

Journal Entry

Spoiler

As fate would have it the dragon wasn't guarding just it's hoard on this mountain. It was also guarding it's nest of seven eggs. I only took five like the last time, but admittedly part of the reason was that I could only carry so much. I spent a full day or two breaking down the wagon to make a cart which I could pull. Putting the amethyst dragon eggs into my little makeshift cart, I began to pull the eggs across the mountain.

If all three of the ice drakes are alive by the end of the fight, Mekem will thank the party members, stating that the ice drakes have become akin to his new family, and as a reward will breathe his blessing on either their weapons or shields (player's choice).

Floor 5
<<DHA 5: Of Greed and Avarice>>
Must have completed <<DHA 4: True Family>>

Oasis.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 2,500 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Jasper Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a brown jasper gemstone which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly spherical. Like the other four gemstones this one has some sort of reaction when near the others, only this time the reaction is greater."
  • POTENTIAL REWARD:
    • Avyss' Pendant - Only available if the player(s) give up the treasure hoard.
      • "A diamond shaped gemstone held by a golden frame and chain, a swirling energy can be seen within the stone."
      • When activated this stone can do one of three feats (each feat has one charge). When activated the player can either charm a single enemy, send a single enemy into a wild rage, or send up to four enemies fleeing. A charmed enemy (never a quest boss, event boss, labyrinth boss, or raid boss) will fight for you for a total of 3 rounds. An enemy forced into a rage will fight anyone (LD 1-10 = players, 11-20 = allies) for the rest of the battle (to rage a quest boss player must roll to attack with no BD bonus, and must succeed a roll of BD 6+. Bosses only hit allies on an LD 16-20. Boss's rage status ends after 3 rounds). When making enemies flee, they disengage from combat and run/hide, and are never seen again. Using this amulet is considered a post action (Does not work on floor bosses, mini-bosses, quest bosses, labyrinth bosses, or event bosses. Can work on field bosses).
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 6: Plagues and Decay>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay searching (and failing) to locate dragon nest.
  • Roleplay encounter/discussion with Tarek & searching for Avyss.
  • Choose to kill or subdue Avyss & defeat him.
  • Roleplay finding the oasis & Narrir; obtain the gemstone from him.
  • If Avyss is subdued rather than killed, roleplay finding the treasure hoard.

Summary:

Upon arriving on the fifth floor, the players may choose to roleplay stocking up on provisions (see outline) or immediately head out into the desert to find the dragon's nest. In order to locate the nest the player must either roll a natural LD 19 or higher, or roleplay searching for it for 6 posts. When the nest is found the party will be discouraged to discover that the cave the nest was made in is almost completely buried in sand. They then hear Tarek approach from behind them and must then roleplay their discussion with him. After learning about one another, Tarek asks the party for help in hunting a dragon and it's treasure hoard, and in return he will help the players find the hatchling and the gemstone, and even offer to share the treasure hoard with the players.

The players must then roleplay searching for Avyss, and either roll an LD of 15+ or roleplay three posts to locate him. Once found, Tarek will ask the players whether or not they should kill Avyss or subdue him, and mentions that subduing Avyss will be more difficult, but would make searching for the treasure less of a hassle. The menu then opens up and each player of the party must enter their vote on subduing or killing Avyss. When the majority of votes are in the players commence the fight with the chosen method. If it's a tie, Tarek will act as the tie breaker and choose to subdue Avyss.

Dragon Hunter's Journal: 

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

I always hated this landscape. Snow as far as the eye can see. I've lived in nice and warm forests all my life. This is not nice for me. Especially with a blizzard going on. Still, the blizzard gave me cover as I snuck through the snow. I think I heard the pearl dragon fly past me too, so that allowed me to sneak into it's den and out without much treasure. It had an impressive hoard for being so far from civilization too. But there was only one prize for me.

2nd journal entry found
     The page is faded and worn from years of sandstorms, but while the text is hard to read it is still readable nonetheless.

Spoiler

Several months have passed now. Several dragons have been slain by this point. Originally it started with the death of Turseth, the Searing Vortex. That was the day we announced the birth of the Dragon Hunters Association. Could have had a better name given to it, but their existence and their feats gave the people hope. And that's all we needed to keep going. Things really picked up after their third kill, and the dragons did their best to travel in groups rather than solo from then on. We had struck fear into the hearts of the arrogant.

3rd journal entry found
     The journal's date and page number appear to have suffered damage, but the journal entry is still readable.

Spoiler

Found a settlement. Unfortunately I found it at a distance and noted that it was under seige by jasper dragons. Well, at least that leaves me an opening to sneak into it's lair. My luck seemed to have run out though as the creature returned just as I was about to escape with my prize. Enraged at the audacious theft I'd just attempted, the creature immediately breathed it's flames at me which I barely managed to dodge. I picked up a nearby shield from a deceased dragon hunter and charged the creature, parrying it's flames with my shield before piercing it's heart. Good thing it was tired from it's previous fight...

4th journal entry found
     The page is faded and worn from years of sandstorms, but while the text is hard to read it is still readable nonetheless.

Spoiler

Note to anyone reading this: Don't do what I did in my encounter with this jasper dragon with other dragons. The only reason I could handle the jasper dragon's fire breath with a shield was because it's breath attack is much weaker than the others. The upside to this for the dragon is that it is capable of using it's breath attack multiple times before having to rest a while. That was likely the last one it had in it for the day after it's raid.

5th journal entry found

Spoiler

I reached the end of the desert, or at least one end of it, and entered the dense forest. Here I had the worst of it. I had to spend days on end hacking through shrubs and trees just to get the cart to fit through. Eventually I found the path and began to follow it, though this invited many monsters which I had to fight off. They were nothing like dragons however, so as long as I avoided those I had nothing to worry abo-

Outline:

Provisions
While at the main settlement of the floor, the players can stock up on a few provisions exclusive to this floor due to the intense heat and conditions. NOTE: Excluding water canisters, these can only be used during this quest!
     - Water canister: Can purchase or recharge water canisters. Cost: 500 col (recharge is 150 per charge)
     - Stamina Fruit: Reduces overall energy expenditure from skills and mods by -1 point for one battle. Cost: 1,000 col
     - Weathered Cloak: Reduces sandstorm effects by -20. Does not require an equipment slot. Cost: 2,500 col

Weather Conditions
Each post without a sandstorm the party must roll to determine if one appears and for how long. A CD of 9-12 means a sandstorm appears. LD of 1-5 indicates it lasts only 1 post. LD of 6-10 indicates it lasts 2 posts. LD of 11-15 indicates it lasts for 3 posts. LD of 16-19 indicates it lasts for 4 posts. And LD of 20 indicates it lasts 5 posts. While the sandstorm is active, all players receive -1 BD from visual impairing, an additional +1 to all energy costs, and receive 30 points of unmitigatable weather damage per post.

Finding the Treasure Hoard
In order to locate the treasure hoard without Avyss, the player must use the LD roller to search for it. Only a natural 17+ on the LD, as well as a 5+ on the CD will discover the treasure hoard. With Avyss, he simply leads the party directly to the entrance. Once inside the party sees a vast multitude of gold, gemstones, jewelry, armors and weapons, and much much more. If the player killed Avyss, they split the reward with Tarek and receive 10000 col each. If Avyss was subdued he will demand a portion of the treasure, including all of the col the players would receive, but offer them his amulet as 'compensation'. If the party refuses, demanding their portion of the col, Avyss will go into a rage and begin to tear down the cave, burying himself and his treasure as a result.

Choosing to Subdue, Not Kill
When choosing to subdue Avyss and not kill him, the party must use rank 4 sword arts or below and not rank 5, or they forego the choice of subduing him. Additionally, once his health reaches 0, the players must begin calculating damage to him as negative numbers. Ex: At 0 HP Avyss receives a hit of 112 points of damage and is now -112. For every -50 points of damage, the party gains a +1 LD to their subdue check. At the end of every round, roll the LD as a Free Action (with only LD modifiers from the negative health amount influencing the final result). If the roll is 18 or higher, Avyss is subdued.

Allies:

Adventurer 2.jpg
<<Tarek>>
Quick on his feet, quick thinker, and very quick with his spear and daggers, Tarek is a renowned bounty hunter who pillages old ruins, steals from the wealthy and bandits alike, and gives a portion of it to the people while keeping the rest for himself. For him this is a way of life, as he loves adventure, loves gold, and always gives a portion away in order to keep favor with the general public. He's loyal to allies and companions, but will almost always backstab traitors and cold blooded murderers most of the time (aka, will not harm or betray good players with orange cursors, only those with a murderous/cruel nature).
During combat, Tarek rides his camel as though it were a horse, and wields a seven foot long spear. He uses hit and run tactics when fighting with others, and for long distanced attacks he uses throwing knives. If his spear is lost or destroyed he resorts to two long curved daggers.

HP: 700/700 | DMG: 165 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 2

Abilities:

• Throwing Expert| After Tarek makes his initial attack with the spear, he pulls out and makes distance between him and the enemy. Example: Round 1 Tarek makes a mounted attack with his spear. The second round he pulls away and throws a dagger at his target. The next round he charges at his foe with the spear, and so forth. Once he's made enough distance (next round) he will use his throwing knives to attack the target(s). When attacking with the throwing knives he has 3 ACC but deals 125 damage due to the weapon being weaker than the spear.
  • Expert Hunter| Tarek is a pro when it comes to hunting. As a result, should the player land a natural critical hit (BD 9 or 10) Tarek will aim for the same area the next round, dealing double damage should he land a hit. If he misses however his window of opportunity will vanish, requiring the players to crit again for him to attempt this ability.
  • Thrill of the Chase | If the players require it, and are below 50% health, they can request Tarek distract Avyss for one to two rounds, allowing the dragon to chase him. This tires the camel however, resulting in a cooldown of three rounds before this can be used again.

NPCs:

Jasper Hatchling.jpg

<<Narrir>>
Appearing to be the exact opposite of Avyss, Narrir appears completely and totally content with his life. Despite knowing he's a dragon, and that once fully grown he could easily overpower others, he wishes to remain in the oasis in a life of solitude, peace and quiet. Narrir especially enjoys company and is very willing to help visitors with anything he can help with. If given the chance he will sit and listen to the adventures of Tarek and the individual players as long as they stay.

Enemies:

Jasper Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Avyss the Avaricious>>
A vicious and terrifying dragon, Avyss roams the vast desert in search for more treasures in which to hoard for himself, as well as food for himself to feast upon. Due to his nature of burrowing under the sand, he's gained the name and title of 'The Sandworm Lord' which he despises greatly for being mistaken for a common sandworm. Avyss will chase after anyone who has any shred of col, demonic, or unique item on their person. Even if one attempts to bribe him, he will simply state that he can kill them and take everything anyways. Avyss' greed is incredibly potent to the point where even if he is subdued, his actions and words will be driven by his sense of greed over loyalty.
During combat Avyss attacks in a hit and run style manner for the most part. Normally he will attack like most mobs, striking whomever has the most hate. However when he burrows into the sand, he will either strike at a random party member, or target the one who is currently the biggest threat. Even if he's at death's door, he will continue to fight for just a bit more treasure.

HP: 1200/1200 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 85 | ACC: 1

Abilities:

• Natural Fighter| Regardless of whether the players use hide or tracking, Avyss always makes his attack first when combat begins (benefits of tracking and hide are not negated), his first attack being a burrowing attack. Avyss can make four attacks in one round; once with his maw, twice with his tail, and once with his bony forehead. If against a party of four, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. If against a party of three, each Player will be targeted by an individual attack, followed by an AoE attack that targets all three. Against a party of two, each will be targeted twice. Against a solo party, the Player will be targeted by all four attacks.
  • Burrowing Attack| On a CD of 10-12 Avyss burrows into the ground instead of attacking, vanishing from view and exiting combat for one round. The very next round he emerges from below one of the party members (player or Tarek) with the highest Hate, dealing 200 damage to the target hit. The attack is always a hit unless an BD 1 is rolled, but an BD 9-10 results in the target being caught by his maw and carried off with him. If this happens, Avyss will glide through the air for a full round and deal this ability's damage to his captured victim a second time, unless another player frees the target by hitting Avyss. While gliding through the air, Avyss will have 2 total evasion. Upon landing again he will toss his target to the ground and combat resumes. Ability has a 2 round cooldown.
  • Spawn of the Desert| Avyss is completely immune to the sandstorms, and any fire based damage against him is reduced by 50% (rounded down).
  • Breath Attack| Activates on a BD 9-10.  Avyss' fire breath is far weaker than other dragon's, dealing 75 points of mitigatable damage against the target with the most hate. However if he breathes during a sandstorm, the sand in the air is turned into glass dust. As a result, in addition to the fire breath damage, the damage received by the sandstorm increases to 60 points per round until the sandstorm subsides. Avyss can use his fire breath up to a total of six times.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

After dealing with Avyss, the party makes their way to the oasis which Tarek leads them to. Upon arriving, the small jasper dragon glides it's way towards them and greets them warmly. Upon being asked for the gemstone, the dragon appears somewhat dismayed with parting from it, but shakes this feeling off rather quickly and gladly hands over the gemstone, as only Narrir knows where it is hidden. Once obtained and held with the others, the thread of electricity appears to be more stable and consistent this time around. And like the other times, the gemstones glow even more brightly this time around. To this Narrir makes a comment about how his mother told him there were supposedly eight of those gemstones, and that they were part of a set of nine. Narrir himself couldn't understand what she meant by a set of 'nine' when there were 'eight' gemstones, but tells the players to try and solve the mystery and tell him all about it.

Floor 6
<<DHA 6: Plagues and Decay>>
Must have completed <<DHA 5: Of Greed and Avarice>>

Jungle.jpg
Picture Edited by Elora

Quest Rewards:

• 3,000 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Emerald Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a green emerald gemstone which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly sphericle. Like the other four gemstones this one has some sort of reaction when near the others, only this time the reaction is greater."
  • POTENTIAL REWARD:
    • Izzalth's Blessing - Only rewarded if the players retrieve the antidote.
      • "A green, misty acidic aura flows from your armor, tingling your nerves whenever you touch it. Unless activated there isn't enough to harm anyone or anything. When activated however it deals 10*Tier points of unmitigatable acid damage to any enemy that attacks you, regardless if they hit or miss. Lasts for one thread when activated (or one fight for events, dungeons and raids) and vanishes afterwards."
      • Not stackable with other blessings
      • Non transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 7: The King and the Conqueror>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay search for Izzalth's nest (through male or female territory) and roleplay their encounter with the Amazonian they find.
  • Roleplay encounter with Izzalth and the interactions between the dragon and Amazonian.
  • Find Nethag and kill him.
  • Roleplay finding Cyness and escort him home.

Summary:

After appearing on the 6th floor, the party must begin searching for the dragon nest. Unlike before however, without a guide the players must roll an LD of 20 or higher to find the nest. To encounter a guide the party must roleplay exploring the jungle for 2 posts through one of the two territories: Krycim's side of the floor (Voscira) or Senimoh's side of the floor (Rokaver). The players must then roleplay their encounter and interaction with the Amazonian before they begin guiding them through the jungle. At this point the party must roll an LD of 15 or higher to find the dragon's nest with both their guide and the map. Once the nest is found the amazonian will react accordingly to discovering an area once unknown to them before.

Once inside the nest, roleplay the interactions between Izzalth, the Amazonian and the party accordingly. Izzalth will reveal to the party that she has been infected with the disease of this floor, and is only surviving it's effects because of her acid breath which she can activate internally as well as externally. She tells them that if she is to die she wishes for her daughter to be safe, requesting the players to find her at the Waterfall of the Sage taking a pilgrimage their family has made for generations, and bring her home safely, warning you to watch out for Nethag. She also asks if the party can look out for a particularly unique plant which can amplify her acidic abilities, granting her the ability to cure herself of the disease permanently.

The party must then roleplay their travels to the waterfall and finding Cyness. Roleplay her interactions with the party and Amazonian accordingly before making the return trip to Izzalth. During the travel, Nethag will attempt to launch a surprise attack against the party which initiates combat with him.

Dragon Hunter's Journal: 

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

It's been a week since my meeting with the hunter. Things have turn grave once more. The demon that slept deep below the earth was disturbed. We don't know why or how. But we do know that the dark beast has returned. And that spells out doom for us all. Even the dragon hunters have struggled just to slow it down. Only three encounters with it and the monster slaughtered twenty seven hunters. At this point they're evacuating villages, towns and even cities. I don't like where this is going. In fact. If nothing changes. This could mean the end times...

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

Turns out the townsfolk were so overjoyed that I killed the dragon they gave me all the provisions I needed for free. I told them they could keep the treasure hoard and they almost didn't believe me. Eventually I convinced them however. I am, after all, a different sort of dragon hunter. I don't seek the same prizes as they do. Honor, glory, fame, fortune, thrills. I aim for something higher. Something more honorable.

3rd journal entry found
     The surface of the page seems to have received a little bit of damage from a burning substance, but is eligible enough to read, though difficult.

Spoiler

Disaster was just around the corner. I'm pretty sure I jynxed myself too because an emerald dragon attacked out of nowhere. The creature's movements were more snake like than anything else, the way it weaved between the trees and snapped at me before pulling back again. It's acid spray nearly got me several times too, but I gained renewed strength when it shattered the cart. I finished off the beast before checking my eggs and to my great relief none of them were harmed.

4th journal entry found

Spoiler

I found the dragon's nest and gathered it's eggs. I ended up having to spend another day gathering wood to repair the cart, but it's worth it for the mission. I just have to keep going and cross this jungle. Just a few more and my journey will be over.

Outline: 

The plant Izzalth is in need of is known as the emerald bulb flower. The players can use a post action to search for this flower whenever they are traveling to and from Cyness' location, but cannot search for the flower during combat or when using a post action (including switching gear). It is found on an LD of 19+.

Allies:

Amazonian.jpg

<<Voscira>>
A lone wolf, Voscira prefers to operate in the shadows in silence and in solitude. She doesn't care much for working with others, especially men, but is willing to do so for the good of her people and her land. If there is something that could threaten her homeland she will gladly put any personal bias feelings and grudges aside to ensure the threat is neutralized. She isn't much for chatter and is always suspicious of males. Women however can find it a bit easier to get her to open up, as well as befriend.
When in combat she is more prone to vanish into the shadows and attack from a random direction in order to throw her opponent off. She prefers to use a spear, but also has a dagger at her disposal as well. When she's low on health she will vanish into the shadows and attack with throwing knives, not emerging until her health has recovered.

HP: 400/400 | DMG: 165 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 

Abilities:

• Skilled Stalker | When she wishes to (controlled by the players), she can vanish into the brush and darkness with a +7 to her stealth roll (her default stealth will never be lower than 16). During combat she can 'vanish' into the darkness using a stealth roll. If her opponent does not detect or notice her she can recover health up to 40 per round. If her health is 25% or lower she will not return to combat until it is back to 50%, though she will use throwing knives on her enemies (attacking while stealthed does not nullify her stealth ability, but does make the next stealth roll -5). Throwing knives deal 120 points of damage. The cooldown for her combat 'vanish' skill is 2 rounds after exiting stealth. Additionally she can use consumables while hiding in the shadows, allowing players to give her certain items she can use on herself, the party, or their target.
  • Ambusher | Only activated after Voscira is hidden with the <<Skilled Stalker>> skill for a full round: When attacking from the shadows, Voscira strikes her target with a poisoned blade that injects a potent paralysis effect for 1 full round, as well as dealing 120 points of damage. If both she and her target are currently hiding, if her stealth rating is greater she can attack her target, forcing them out of stealth. Whether or not that attack hits is still dependent upon BD. The activation of this ability is controlled by the players. After this ability has been used three times, Voscira will run out of her paralytic poison, and will not be able to use this ability for the rest of the thread.

Amazonian male.jpg

<<Rokaver>>
A proud huntsman, he is known in his village as one of the superior of the lot. Having never known the taste of defeat he fights with vigor and honor. Always treating women with proper respect, as well as treating them as one would a man, he greatly dislikes any aggression and ill will towards comrades. Should anyone display such emotions towards their party, he will use everything in his power, position, and skills to 'put them in their place' before continuing to act as a guide. With every kill he makes he honors the dead before harvesting his kill (or bury them in the case of the diseased).
During combat he fights from afar for the most part, but never hides his face. Using his bow he fights with precision, focusing on weak points of his target. He will gladly work in sync with the party, and adjust his strategy for the players if it makes sense to do so. If forced to fight up close he will draw a long and thick dagger and fight with that.

HP: 600/600 | DMG: 150 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 

Abilities:

• Ally Coordination | Rokaver can play cover, sniper or decoy whenever the party needs it. Cover involves attacks which only deal 120, but reduce his target's ACC by 1 for one turn. Sniper involves him entering stealth (static stealth rating of 15) and focusing all his attacks on critical strikes (regular hit on 6-7, critical hit on 8-10) dealing 220 points of damage on crit. After having exited stealth, the sniper role will be put on a 3 turn cooldown. Decoy involves normal attacks but with triple Hate generation, generating 3 Hate per hit (4 on crit) in order to distract the enemy. If he's at 25% health however he will fall back, reducing his hate down to 1 below the highest player's hate, and will not play decoy again unless at 50% health or higher. If Rokaver is not fulfilling one of these roles, he will attack normally every turn.
  • Combat Supremacy | Rokaver can make two attacks per round with his bow and arrow. One being a normal attack, and the other being his current state (cover, sniper or decoy attack), though double attack is not required. He has ten arrows in total, and should he run out of arrows (10 attacks) he will switch to his dagger and attack with that weapon, dealing 140 points of damage. He will not have <<Ally Coordination>> anymore, but his dagger applies a DoT poison of 24 points of damage for two rounds on a BD 8-10. He will retreat from battle if at 25% health and recover at a rate of 60 per round until at 50% during this stage.

NPCs:

Emerald Good Dragon.jpg

<<Izzalth>>
A gentle soul, Izzalth has a unique and creative mind which allows her to find multiple uses of her acid breath outside of destroying the life around her. In fact she created her den by the use of acid breath, making pathways for water to trinkle in, create a pool/pond for her and her young, before flowing on back into the river. She also uses her acid breath to combat the plague in her area, keeping the nest and the immediate land around it, purified and clean. She even calls herself a 'gardener' than a 'warrior' or 'beast'.

Emerald Hatchling.jpg

<<Cyness>>
Taking after her mother, Cyness wishes to avoid combat at any cost, preferring to help the world around her. After having first contact with an Amazonian, Cyness will wish to increase said interactions in the hopes that she and the Amazonians can work together to remove the plague permanently. Despite being young, she speaks with wisdom akin to that of an adult. Whether this is due to her possibly being a prodigy or the work of the waterfall's gifts, one may never know.

Enemies:

Emerald Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Nethag the Desecrater>>
An agent of carnage, chaos and anarcy, Nethag delights in seeing all life before him be torn, shattered, shredded, and decayed. He delights in the fear and screams of the Amazonians when a huge, unkown beast attacks them from behind before being devoured. His interactions with others are minimal at best, but not due to a lack of intelligence. Because he doesn't care about his prey, or what they have to offer beyond the sounds of their torment. The primary reason for this could be the fact that there is no treasure for him to quench his greedy desires, and thus he turns to the more extreme hobby of mass destruction. Despite his habits however, he is clever enough to do so in small quantities and with precise timing so as not to be discovered.
During combat he moves less like a beast and more like a serpent. With extreme agility and speed he's mostly a blur to normal people, and weaves in and out between the limbs, stalks and branches of trees. He enjoys playing with his prey unless it's clear he'll have a struggle with them, and prefers hit and run tactics where he vanishes into the darkness before striking again from behind. If seriously threatened or if low on health he will enter a berserk rage, going all out on his attacks. Whenever he talks it is to taunt, scare, and hurt his victims.

HP: 1350/1350 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 4

Abilities:

• Always Watching | Nethag has a stealth detection rating of +4, and will always roll LD to detect stealthed enemies before his attack. This is considered a passive ability, and will not interfere with Nethag's Post and Free Actions.
  • Berserker Fighter | Normally Nethag will make two attacks (three if any attack is natural BD 9-10): Once with his maw and once/twice with his claws. However once his health hits 25%, he will begin attacking with five attacks (six if any attack is natural BD 9-10): Twice with his maw, Thrice with his claws and if crit, once with his tail. These attacks will always be split throughout the party as evenly as possible, with players with the highest Hate values taking the first attacks and then whatever attacks remain after the entire party has been targeted once. Each natural critical hit, or BD 9-10 grants him a +1 accuracy bonus on his next attack roll.
  • Stalking Predator | Starting the second round of combat, Nethag will can into the thick brush and trees, entering stealth mode following a successful attack. He can activate this ability as a Free Action in the same turn as a successful attack, and will whenever he is able. His stealth roll must be made to determine stealth rating (SR never falls below 16). The following round if he is still unseen/undetected by his targets, his attack will have 4 base accuracy and each hit deals 200 damage. 2 turn cooldown.
  • Acidic Blood | Paralysis cannot be refreshed on Nethag as normal. Instead, once activated on him, players must wait another two rounds before they can reapply the status (similar to stun). If bleed is applied to Nethag, any player/NPC that attacks him with melee weapons will receive 35 unmitigatable acid damage until the status effect is lifted. Blight deals 50% of it's full damage to Nethag.
  • Breath Attack | On a BD of 10 and a CD of 10+, Nethag will channel a widespread acidic breath attack, striking the entire party as well as the environment itself. Targets struck by his acid breath receive 200 points of mitigatable damage immediately, and 35 points of unmitigatable acid damage at the start of the following two rounds. Additionally, the ground itself will be permanently affected, resulting in 20 points of unmitigatable acid damage per turn until Nethag is slain. Nethag can use this breath attack twice, and the effects of the attack can stack.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

After having slain Nethag, the party returns Cyness back to Izzalth safe and sound. As a thank you and reward for helping her child, Izzalth gives the party their emerald gemstone. Upon bringing it closer to the other gemstones, the electrical thread that generates between them appears much stronger, and appears to be following a pattern in which gemstone it leaps to before returning to the original (though it seems to spark unstably when it jumps from the last stone [emerald] to the first stone [topaz]), and as usual they all glow a bit brighter than before. If the party successfully found and delivers the emerald bulb to Izzalth, she will consume it and begin purging the plague permanently from her system. As thanks she breathes on and blesses any armor of the player's choice.

Regardless of whether Izzalth receives the treatment or not, if Voscira was the companion of the trip, Cyness will ask if she can travel back to her village in the hopes that she can learn from them and one day help purge the plague from the land for good.

Floor 7
<<DHA 7: The King and the Conqueror>>
Must have completed <<DHA 6: Plagues and Decay>>

Mountains.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 3,500 Experience Points
  • Each player receives:
    • Ruby Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a red ruby gemstone which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly spherical. Like the other four gemstones this one has some sort of reaction when near the others, only this time the reaction is greater."
  • POTENTIAL REWARDS:
    • 15,000 Col - Only earned if Giovanna is persuaded and Groviat is killed.
    • Groviat's Blessing - Only obtainable if the deal is made to Groviat.
      • "A burning flame engulfs and all of your equipment before dying down until activated. Can only be activated once, and lasts for a single battle. It increases all dominant enhancement's properties on all of the player's equipment by either 1 turn in duration or 1 tier 1 slot in potency. If the equipment has a balanced number of different enhancements, players may choose which bonus to receive on that equipment piece. During it's activation the player is engulfed in intense flames."
      • Not stackable with other blessings.
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 8: Keeper of Life & Death>> quest

Requirements:

• Reach Kevranth's Nest & Roleplay conversation with him and Idianth.
  • Roleplay journey through Mountain Ranges.
  • Fight & defeat the bandits. Fight OR persuade Giovanna.
  • Roleplay finding Groviat's Lair (skip if Giovanna's persuaded).
  • Fight and defeat Groviat.
  • Choose between finishing Groviat off or bargaining with him.

Summary:

After appearing on the seventh floor, the party begins to make their trek towards the dragon nest. Unlike any of the other floors however, this nest is not difficult at all to find, though every NPC (both friendly and not), try their best to keep the players away from the area. Even monsters are nowhere to be seen as the players get close. Once discovered, the players will see a large red dragon standing on the edge of a cliffside overlooking the rocky plains. He welcomes the players and admits that the only reason he did not ward them away was because he does not recognize them, nor their dress style or behavior. Upon hearing about the gemstones as well as the key he tells them that both are being held by a red dragon known as Groviat. When he hears the party wishes to regain them he states that Idianth will accompany them, as he is reaching the age where he must prove his worth.

The player must then roleplay traveling down through the stone valley as well as travel through the mountain range. During this journey the party will have one or more encounters of two bandits (one encounter per tier of the highest level player). These battles can stack, but the number of active bandits can never exceed 4. After the last encounter, the players will push forward and find the bandit camp with 10 bandits. Once 4 of them have been defeated, the bandit leader will join the fray and fight the party. Once at half her health, Giovanna will pull back from the fight to recover. Any bandits involved in this fight will stop attacking until Giovanna is either persuaded or begins fighting again. Once Giovanna has pulled back from fighting to recover, the players have the option of continuing to fight the bandits and kill them all, or call for a truce and attempt to reach an arrangement (roll an LD. If the natural LD is 13 or higher she agrees to the arrangement. Otherwise she will fight to the death. Players have 3 chances and can roll all three in the same post but must roleplay each attempt). If Giovanna is killed, or if an arrangement is made, the bandits will cease their fight with the players. The arrangement is that if the players kill Groviat they will share a portion of the treasure hoard with Giovanna and take the remaining treasure elsewhere, ending their raids forever.

After this encounter the players must either search for Groviat's lair or follow Giovanna there if an arrangement was struck. If they must search the LD requirement to locate it is an LD 17 or higher, or the players can choose to roleplay searching for the lair for 2 posts. Once found they will enter and see Groviat sleeping on his treasure hoard. Unless the players approach using stealth (and beat Groviat's stealth detection) Groviat will awaken and attack everyone immediately. Taking treasure while he's asleep also requires a stealth roll, and attacking him wakes him up.

Should the players reduce his health by 50%, Groviat will declare that he is impressed with their prowess, and starts a conversation by asking what they want. Upon hearing about the gemstone and the key, he informs them that he traded the key away to Zymirth the Wretched a long time ago, but he does have the gemstone. He tells them that he is willing to part with it but only if they offer a donation to his treasure hoard in return. He even offers his blessing to each of them should they offer even more. If the party accepts the terms he trades the gemstone and bids them farewell. If they do not accept the terms, or cannot meet them, the fight resumes until one or the other is destroyed.

Dragon Hunter's Journal:

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

My desire for vengeance for Ossal and Griato must, unfortunately, be put on hold. Zeonig is incredibly powerful, far more powerful than the two masters. There's no chance I'll be able to stand against him, let alone kill him. However he is not the only reason I must diverge my attention. The attacks his followers have been making haven't slowed down. In fact they've grown in earnest as Zeonig sparked the greed within their hearts. The only hope we've had so far of surviving this are those who oppose Zeonig and stand by us. However he's been coordinating attacks more frequently. I fear we will even lose that advantage soon enough.

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

My fight against the ruby dragon has been my greatest challenge yet. The beast is strong, fast, powerful, and it's flames are hot enough to melt stone. In the end I couldn't kill the beast. I nearly died just getting it to admit that it was a draw. Strangly enough, it seemed almost pleased to meet someone of equal strength, despite having evil pulse through it's veins. In the end instead of killing each other off, we made a trade. I handed over a powerful artifact and heirloom of mine (a special key), and he gave me two of his eggs. I had hoped for more, but I wouldn't dare cross him.

3rd journal entry found

Spoiler

At long last, I've made it to a forested area once again. I have to keep trudging on however, so I keep going until I make it to the swamplands. There I encountered my final target... Or rather, he encountered me. His decaying breath was terrifying, but I'd come prepared. All that deteriorated was my armor, and I could live without that. He wouldn't though after I decapitated him.

Outline: 

Groviat's Bargain

Price for Gemstone: 20,000 + 20,000 * Tier col
Price for Blessing: 100,000 + 100,000 * Tier col

Players can offer pieces of equipment or consumables in compensation of, or to reduce the total col requirement. Value of each item is described below:
Gear Rarity
     Uncommon: 10 * Tier col
     Rare: 100 * Tier col
     Perfect: 1,000 * Tier col
     Demonic: 50,000 + 1,000 * Tier col
Gear Attributes
     Normal Enhancement: 500 col each
     Unique Enhancement: 25,000 col each
     Cursed Enhancement: -10,000 * Tier col

Allies:

Ruby Hatchling.jpg
<<Idianth>>
A young adult, eager to prove himself, but at the same time with a unique sense of wisdom and logic about him. Idianth's morals are good willed but can be outweighed by logic unless the players attempt to persuade him otherwise (though the conversation would likely be long and tedious, and would not bear fruit right away). Idiath will not take kindly to being talked to or treated like a child, and will demand the same respect the players show towards each other. If the players bicker and argue half of the time he will attempt to assert his own dominance and act more like a leader, challenging the party leader should their ideals clash. Overall he believes evil should be purged without mercy.
During combat Idianth proves to be more than just a valiant warrior. He is a talented one. Idianth fights as if his honor and pride is on the line, and will not hesitate to fight alongside the players as if he were one of them. He will eagerly work with the party whenever strategies are given, and will he himself offer suggestions and strategies when fighting Groviat, as he knows the strengths and weaknesses of a red dragon. No matter what however Idianth will refuse to retreat unless he is at deaths door.

HP: 800/800 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 2 | KEEN: 1 | EVA: 2

Abilities:

• Fierce Fighter Idiath is a skilled and relentless combatant, and is capable of making two individual attacks with his claws and maw. He is also capable of fighting alongside another player to do combo attacks (2 post cooldown) which adds an additional +1 ACC and +50 final damage to both of their attacks while also reducing the cooldown rate for the player's Sword Art used by one. Unless comboing an AoE attack he will only attack opponents in order from strongest to weakest.
  • Aerial Supremacy Unless fighting another flying opponent such as Groviat, Idiath will have an additional +2 EVA and +1 ACC in combat.
  • Breath Attack | At the request of a player, Idiath can launch a stream of fire onto a single foe which deals a large sum of 150 points of damage, as well as leaving a T3 Burn effect on his opponent for two turns. This attack ignores mitigation, and can only trigger if Idiath rolls a successful hit. Otherwise he does not attack and instead waits. Idiath can only use this breath attack twice in one thread.

NPCs:

Ruby Dragon Good.jpg

<<Kevranth the King>>
Unlike the other dragons from previous floors, Kevranth stands before the players with the posture of a king, the gaze of pride, and a thundering voice that commands authority. While still a kind soul, he is far more firm and more serious than any of the dragons beforehand. He takes his legacy and lineage seriously, and sees it as his duty to oversee the floor and ensure no major threats ever arise like the crises the players put an end to. Knowing he will one day pass away like his mate, he sees the player's mission as a chance for Idiath to test his skills, and honor, out in the field without too great a risk of perishing. He will not hesitate to put any player who disrespects him or his son back into their place, and when speaking wisdom he does so with vague warnings and answers via fables or riddles.

Enemies:

Bandit.jpg

<<Bandit>>
Strong, skilled, and brutish, these bandits will fight in a berserk like manner. As if their very lives hinge on this battle with you. Each of them holds an immense fear of Groviat and his might, and will never betray him due to this intense fear. The only way they would ever do so is if Giovanna herself makes the call. Under his rule they pillage traveling NPCs and distant settlements on the outskirts of the floor, and bring any treasure to Groviat.
During combat they will fight without mercy, hesitation or regret. They will primarily fight using their spiked mace on a chain, attacking with long swings or thrust it forward after a windup. When attacked they will attempt to parry with their shield while counterattacking with their mace by swinging it over their defending arm. Should they find the need to, they can fight with the bone spikes inserted into their gauntlet. They will also resort to kicks, punches, headbutts and even biting to claim victory. They may also carry weapons they stole from dead npcs, and will automatically fight with any weapon stolen off of a player.

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

• Counter Attack Anytime a player attacks one of the bandits, the MD of that attack roll (Including additional rolls with AoE attacks) determines whether or not the bandit strikes the player with the bandit's basic damage. However their counter attack roll has an accuracy bonus of 1 instead of 3, and is still modified by EVA stats. A bandit that uses this ability will still get to attack on its own turn.
  • Berserker Rage | Once at 20% of their health, bandits go into a berserker rage. They can make 2 attacks each, 2 counter attacks each, have 4 ACC, 25 additional damage, and a total of -2 EVA. They cannot leave this state once entered.

Bandit Leader.jpg

<<Giovanna - Bandit Leader>>
Unlike the other bandits, while she still holds a great fear and respect for Groviat, she keeps a level head on her shoulders. Having grown up outside any settlement wall, she never cared for the 'quiet life' and relishes a good fight. Despite this however she is very tired of losing members of her 'family' to both Groviat and powerful warriors like the players, and isn't afraid to hop on board another individual's plan or solution. All in all she doesn't care about anyone other than her bandit clan. Should any NPC or player die she wouldn't blink an eye.
During combat she fights with a simple ax and shield, and/or a knife if she needs it. She uses her agility, maneuverability and flexibility to gain an advantage over her opponents, acting more like an assassin than an actual bandit. She is uncannily skilled with the ax as well, capable of matching even players with rank 5 1h or 2h axe sword arts, and even recognizes the name and pattern of the sword arts being used.

HP: 1000/1000 | DMG: 125 | ACC: 3 | KEEN: 1 | EVA: 3

Abilities:

• Born Warrior | Giovanna can make two individual attacks with her axe and shield. She will always target the two players with the highest hate, once with each attack. In addition her critical attacks can land on a natural 8-10.
  • Momentum | If she succeeds on an attack, her next attack will deal an additional 25 points of damage. When she fails to land a hit, this bonus damage is lost.
  • The Clan's Rage At 50% of her health Giovanna will pull back and oversee the fight for a moment. Once the players decide to continue fighting, or fail to strike a deal with her, she will enter a berserk rage of her own. During this rage her EVA is at 0, but her ACC is at 5 and her KEEN at 2. Her damage is raised to a 150 point base, and she will apply the bleed effect on a natural 8-10.

Ruby Dragon Evil.jpg

<<Groviat the Conqueror>>
The players will hear many stories about Groviat the Conqueror (or riddles if given by Kevranth), all of them about his strength, callousness, avarice and cruelty. Of how he is a demonic beast that lurks within the mountain ranges. Groviat is indeed fierce and easily offended and angered. He will not hesitate to slaughter any intruders without mercy, no matter who they might be. He shows no respect of the dead as he steps on their bones which litter his treasure hoard, and nor does he seem to show any slight shimmer of humility. Every movement, step, breath of his is made with grand pride, arrogance and prowess. His lust for treasure is great indeed as well, as he will slay a thousand men to return a single gold coin which was stolen from him. Despite this however, when conversing with him it is clear he respects the strong and those who take a stand rather than run cowardly. Groviat is tired of being the demonic conqueror of the mountains and wishes to be king as Kevranth is (meaning he wishes to dethrone him one day).
When fighting Groviat fights with the combined skill, talent, tenacity and prowess of both beast and warrior. He can quickly identify who his biggest threat is, even if they don't deal the highest damage, and identify who the strongest and weakest links in the chain are such as healers who keep the party energized and healed up, or tanks attempting to draw his hate towards them. Each of his attacks are made with the intent to kill. He will not speak to the players if they speak with silly words or foolish behavior, and will only speak to those who speak with leadership, strength, courage, seriousness and pride (all others he believes are not worth his time/effort). He is not a fool however, and if a fight is not going his way he will do his best to find an alternative.

HP: 1500/1500 | DMG: 175 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 4 | KEEN: 2 | EVA: 2
(Keen procs if any attack is successful, but only after issuing all attacks. Expires if any attack misses, but only after issuing all attacks.)

Abilities:

• Warlord | Groviat is an incredibly capable fighter, and is able to make up to four attacks. Twice with his claws, once with his maw and once with his tail. If against a party of four, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. If against a party of three, each Player will be targeted by an individual attack, followed by an AoE attack that targets all three. Against a party of two, each will be targeted twice. Against a solo party, the Player will be targeted by all four attacks. However on a natural 9-10 he makes a fifth attack in which he beats his wings ferociously dealing damage to all in the room. This attack automatically stuns Idiath and all of the players for one turn. This follows standard stun refresh rules.
  • Dragon of Pride | Groviat follows <<Warlord>> attacking conventions normally for the first two turns, but afterwards will choose two players to focus his attacks on depending upon the situation. The player with the highest mitigation will be ignored, even if they meet the requirements of the following targeting criteria. If the players are being healed faster through means other than passive health regeneration (Battle Healing, Regen, Holy Blessing, etc.) than he can deal damage, he will target the player who has actively healed the most health points for the party with two attacks per turn. The other two attacks will be issued to the player that has dealt the most damage so far in the fight, and this target will be changed if another player exceeds the total overall damage of the original player targeted in this way. If there are no players in the party actively healing health points within the party by way of items or skills, then Groviat will split his four attacks evenly between the two players that have dealt the most damage so far in the fight.
  • Delver of Flames | Groviat is immune to burn effects and any fire based enhancement. He is also able to reduce any unique fire ability's potency (damage for example) such as fire breath by 50%.
  • Breath Attack | Groviat is capable of making a breath attack which releases a cone of fire capable of hitting the entire party. This attack negates any evasion provided by consumables (only armor/trinket/mod EVA enhancements can work against this attack). Groviat will use this whenever he is able after Keen has procced. The breath attack deals 400 points of damage (split among the players of the party) that ignores mitigation, and leaves T3 Burn effect which lasts for three turns. He can only use his <<Breath Attack>> three times, and will only use his third if the players choose to kill Groviat rather than deal with him.
  • Imbuing Aura | Once Groviat's health reaches 25%, he will ignite himself in dark crimson flames which empower him: His damage is increased to 195 points per hit and 215 points on a natural 9 or 10. His accuracy increases +1, Keen increases to 3, and EVA increases to +3. Furthermore, players receive 25 points of burn damage anytime they successfully strike Groviat.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

There are two potential endings to this quest based on whether or not Groviat has been slain, as well as bonus endings for each based on interactions with Giovanna.

Groviat is Slain

With Groviat having been slain, Idianth announces their victory before helping the party find the gemstone. If Giovanna is alive and holds a deal with the party, she will enter and take most of the treasure for her clan whilst giving the players their portion of the reward before leaving. If she is dead, Idianth states that he and his father will return the gold to the settlements of mankind. With Groviat's death they can become more active without fear of disturbing or stirring his wrath, as a dragon war could devestate the land and it's people. Idianth will thank the players for helping him prove himself to his father, before heading back home.

Groviat is Alive

With a deal made between the red dragon and the party, the great beast hands over the gemstone. If they make the additional payment he will also breathe his blessing onto them (but will not bless players who did not contribute). Once the trade(s) are made he will bid the players farewell. If Giovanna is alive she will charge in with a fury. Declaring that she will not live another moment under his tyranical rule she will attempt to kill him. Groviat will begin to retaliate at this point, and the players can attempt to stop him and convince him to 'rule' a different way (however this will require a full post for each player working to persuade him, as well as his conversation with them before the party can declare his mind changed), though this isn't a guarantee. Otherwise he will use his fire breath if he still has it, or slash her to pieces with his claws, killing her instantly. Regardless of the method, Idianth tells the players after departing that he will never be like Groviat, and that he will do his best to learn more about 'morals and philosophy' in the future before leaving to return to his father.

Floor 8
<<DHA 8: Keeper of Life & Death>>
Must have completed <<DHA 7: The King and the Conqueror>>

Swamp.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 4,000 Experience Points
  • Each player receives
    • Dragon Key - Not Transferrable
      • "A very unusual key with eight slots for the eight gemstones the players have collected across the floors. When all eight gemstones are placed into the slots they hum with energy and glow as brightly as the sun for a moment before dimming down again. Only this time the gemstones are of a dazzling rainbow color. The glow of the gemstones changes color between topaz, obsidian, sapphire, diamond, jasper, emerald, ruby and onyx. Once inserted the gemstones can never be taken out again. (Note that two of the same gemstone can never be put into the same key)"
  • POTENTIAL REWARD:
    • Irress' Blessing - Only obtained if Potag lives in the end.
      • "Your weapon is coated in a thick acid which burns even by hovering over the blade. When used against a target, it's effects will not be usable on any other. When enemies are hit by a weapon with this effect, they receive 45*Tier points of unmitigatable acid damage and their mitigation is reduced by 50%, after which this blessing will expire. As it does not deal damage over several times, this blessing's effect is not considered a DoT. This blessing was created with one purpose and one alone: To kill Zymirth."
      • Not stackable with other blessings
      • Not Transferrable
  • Unlocks <<DHA 9: Cavity of Ruin>> quest

Requirements:

• Roleplay locating the dragon nest & speaking with Irress and Potag.
  • Roleplay the player's trek through the forests as well as their trip through Florenthia.
  • Roleplay traversing the swamp seeking out Zymirth the Wretched.
  • Roleplay encounter and conversation with Zymirth.
  • Defeat Zymirth and his undead.

Summary:

After appearing on the eight floor, the players begin making their way to the dragon nest. However this time the nest is relatively close to where the party emerges onto the floor, making it a relatively quick trip. Upon arriving at the location, which is a clearing on a relatively flat cliffside. The forest surrounding the clearing is very thick, making it difficult for others to find the spot without the map. There, two black dragons can be seen. A female resting on the edge with seemingly damaged wings and a young dragon running around. The elder gives a warm welcome and immediately enters conversation with the players. Upon hearing about a gemstone and a key she will frown, not wishing to talk about it. Eventually she gives in and tells the players that the items they are seeking are currently possessed by an individual known as Zymirth the Wretched, but refuses to tell anything more other than that he is pure evil. Before departing to find Zymirth, as locating him is the only way to retrieve the gemstone and key, Potag whispers to the players, asking if they would take him out to see the world for a bit.

Regardless if the players take Potag with them or not, the group must then head towards the coordinates Irress gave them. Their journey should take several posts to make as it is a long trek, and in the middle of their journey the players will run into Florenthia. Here they will pass many NPCs, merchants, guards and the like and have the opportunity to ask about Zymirth the Wretched. Should they do so, the general information they will receive tends to flip back and forth between positive, negative and neutral. Overall the players learn that he possesses dark magic which allows him to perform certain feats or 'miracles' for those in the floor, for a price. Many describe him as a horrifyingly disfigured monster. Some will tell stories of how he helped them in exchange for a strange object or certain information, and others will tell stories of how they were tricked by him and lost everything.

Eventually the group of players will reach the swamplands. The closer they get to the coordinates, the more dismal, dark, decayed, and ominous the swamp seems to get. Eventually they will reach the cave the NPCs had described. Black cords decorated with bones and skulls of all sorts, as well as dark gemstones and odd trinkets hang over the mouth of the cave, and are parted as Zymirth emerges and begins to converse with them. He does not seem to be hostile towards them, and upon hearing about the key and gemstone he states he would happily give them to the player, though it will come at a price: They must tell him everything they know about the gemstones, the key, and their connection to the dragons, admitting that he himself doesn't know the full truth and desires it greatly (he will know when the party lies or hides some of the story/truth). Zymirth will only hand over the key and gemstone (hidden in his stomach) after they share everything they know.

Key Appearance:

Spoiler

Key.jpg

After handing them over he will insist they insert the gemstone into the key, as he sees the unique reaction the gemstones give off when near one another. Once the gemstones are inserted into the key, an energy hums below them and Zymirth begins to laugh in trumph before thanking the players for showing him the way back to his ancient master. At this point he will summon undead warriors and attack the players, hoping to kill them off before leaving this land once and for all.

Dragon Hunter's Journal: 

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

This is several days after my meeting. It, breaks my heart to think about what had happened. The highest of their order, slaughtered by that... That thing. That abomination of nature. I write this several days after, and not immediately afterwards because that's not all that had occured. That dragon that killed them. It wasn't the only one. Attacks like this have been occuring all over the world. Dragons of all sorts have begun leveling villages and raiding towns. They've destroyed miles of farmland. And it doesn't look like they intend to stop. This treachery fills my soul with wrath.

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

Several months have passed now. Several dragons have been slain by this point. Originally it started with the death of Turseth, the Searing Vortex. That was the day we announced the birth of the Dragon Hunters Association. Could have had a better name given to it, but their existence and their feats gave the people hope. And that's all we needed to keep going. Things really picked up after their third kill, and the dragons did their best to travel in groups rather than solo from then on. We had struck fear into the hearts of the arrogant.

3rd journal entry found

Spoiler

Each of the hatchlings have begun to grow into fully fledged dragons. The dragon nests I pillaged were specially selected, as the dragons had begun pooling different eggs from different dragons in one area for safe keeping. They didn't always do this, only after Zeonig corrupted them all. Now grown up I told them what was happening in the world. I told them to find the places I had found where they would be safe and have children of their own. To keep their line going and continue to teach their children right from wrong. However I asked the eldest of the eight species to come with me. We had important work to complete.

4th journal entry found

Spoiler

Zhiset, the largest city built up to this date. Has fallen. The dark beast leveled it to the ground. Before he came into view he called forth hundreds of dragons and sent them ahead to wreck as much havoc and destruction as they could. They effectively distracted the main force of our armies, leaving him an opening to break through the city walls. To fight him was like fighting a sand demon. Sometimes his flesh was solid, hard as a hundred dragon scales. Then sometimes it was like dust, their blades passing through harmlessly. But his breath attack.. Nothing was left.

Outline: 

If the players choose to not take Potag with them on their journey, he will attempt to follow them regardless by making a stealth roll with +5. Only players with the search skill, as well as players who have reason to search for NPCs within the area (more likely in and around the settlement than in the forest) can attempt to spot him. Regardless of whether he is out in the open or hiding in the shadows when the party reaches Zymirth, he will be spotted immediately by Zymirth and called out on it. During the fight with Zymirth, his skeletons will attempt to kill Potag as well as the players.

NPCs:
Onyx Good Dragon.jpg

<<Irress>>
Acting and speaking less as a powerful dragon and more like an old fun, humorous and wise sage, she recognizes the players do not have any hostile intentions when they appear, and can quickly discern good and bad people apart. Other than her little one she has no company for the most part, and as a result wishes for the players to stay a while so that they can share stories, discuss philosophical theories, and so forth. She is a very patient woman, but tends to drag on a bit with her sentences. The second the gemstone and the key are brought up however, she immediately becomes close guarded, sharp, and stubborn. She believes that Zymirth's evilness has corrupted not only the gemstones and key, but the land itself, and does not wish for anyone to get involved with them.

Onyx Hatchling.jpg

<<Potag>>
An incredibly curious and energetic dragonling, he's never freely explored much of the floor. Despite loving the tranquility he and his mother experience in this region, he greatly desires to traverse more of the diverse forests, meet people, and overall go exploring. His mother is overly guarded however, and thus his only option left is to sneak out. He is still scared to go alone however, which is why he has yet to do so. Thus when the players arrive he is determined to go with them as they can protect him in his mother's stead.

Potag has the following stats when being attacked by the undead, but will never attack:
HP 600/600 | MIT: 75 | EVA: 2

Enemies:

Onyx Evil Dragon.jpg

<<Zymirth The Wretched>>
Zymirth is by far the largest dragon any of the players have met up to this point. One of the first dragons on this floor, Zymirth discovered a way to live forever through necromancy. In other words, he's made himself into an undead dragon. A cruel, evil, dispicable creature who isn't afraid to use his silver tongue to persuade, flatter, bribe, deceive, and the like. When first meeting the players he speaks like a businessman. 'Do me a favor and I do you one'. Should any of the 'horrible things he's done to npcs' be brought up he explains that he's had several cases where he makes good on his deal, but the npcs promised something they could not deliver, and as a result, they lost more than what they promised. If asked why he asks for the peculiar things he does, he simply states that he's a collector of knowledge and history for the most part. If asked about his abilities he openly acknowledges his necromancy powers, and even a bit of dabbling into voodoo, and even tells them about his lich-like state.
Despite speaking like a gentleman-like-businessman, his deep, echoing voice, soft cackle-like-chuckle, appearance and general feel and vibe he gives off sends chills down everyone's spines, an onimous feeling over all of them. Once the deal is made he drops his facade and mockingly thanks the players for their help. He immediately summons his undead warriors and initiates combat. Throughout the fight he boasts about all that he's done during his time here, finally glad he can get it out now that he will be leaving this land before long. He tells them of how he started the Treant vs. Elf war long ago in order to keep them from noticing everything he did. He laughs at all the misfortune and pain he gave the inhabitants all these years. But the one thing he boasts of more than anything is how he has, to this day, remained a faithful servant to Zeonig the Great Corrupter. And that soon enough he will return to corrupt not only this land, but every land.

HP: 2000/2000 | DMG: 250 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 4 | Stealth Detection: 18

Abilities:

• Necrotic Body While Zymirth's scales are all but rotten away, resulting in a pitiful amount of mitigation, his magic infused body makes up for it with the increased agility, but also powerful regeneration powers. Each passing turn he regenerates 50 points of damage, and heals himself for 25 points per hit he makes on the players. However he mostly lets his minions fight in his stead, only making an attack every other turn. Zymirth is immune to paralysis, stun, bleed, and poison enhancements. He receives double damage from fire based damage.
  • Dragon of Old Unlike any of the previous dragons fought, Zymirth is not a descendant of the ancient dragons, but is one of the ancient dragons. As a result, he possesses a voice of authority unlike any other, allowing him to create an almighty roar. This roar paralyzes the players for one turn, as well as reduces their accuracy and evasion by 1 point for the two turns following stun recovery. Finally it reduces final damage of the players by 10% (after mitigation, rounded down) for the two turns following stun recovery. This ability has a 4 turn cooldown (based on combat rounds, not the number of attacks Zymirth makes), and Zymirth will use it on his third turn in combat.
  • Undead Summoning Zymirth can and will conjure, summon and raise undead warriors from the marsh to fight as his minions. While this ability has no cooldown, Zymirth can only have 3 warriors and 1 mage on the battlefield at a time. In order to resurrect the dead he requires a Post Action. He will not resurrect his undead forces again unless half or more have been slain, and will always do so on a turn when he is not attacking. He can only use <<Undead Summoning>> 3 times.
  • Breath Attack | Zymirth's breath attack is a very powerful and deadly acid spray that can hit the entire party, Potag included. Should his breath attack hit, the victim will not suffer any immediate direct damage, but will receive 100 points of unmitigatable acid damage for 2 turns. While he is only capable of one breath attack due to his undead state, the acid will mix with the water in the marsh. Thus for each attack made (by player and monsters alike), they must use their LD (first LD roll in case of AoE) to determine if they step into the acidic marsh. If they roll an LD of 8 or lower, they receive 45 points of unmitigatable acid damage. Activates on a BD 10 and CD 10+.

Skeleton Warrior.jpg

<<Undead Warrior>>
Elves of various eras risen from the grave to fight for the dark dragon Kymirth the Wretched. Forced to fight with magic and longing to return to their eternal rest, the undead fight with less efficiency than they did in life, and with less determination. Often they will be seen resisting the urge to strike only to be forced to move by magic a quarter of a second afterwards. They bear a grudge against Kymirth for resurrecting them, but they also hold a grudge against the players for provoking him to do so. Their attacks are planned and strategize, but not followed through well due to the poor state of their limbs.

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 75 | MIT: 25 | EVA: -1

Abilities:

• Undead War Heroes | Debuffs such as negative evasion, negative accuracy, and negative final damage output are utterly useless against these minions.
  • One with the Horde | For each additional warrior present they gain an additional 25 points of damage to their attacks, 25 points of mitigation, and +1 accuracy. Preferring to act as a joint unit rather than solitary.
  • Fury of Old | If two or more of the players have taken the quest "Treant Rivalries" and are still on the quest, or have completed it, Zymirth will force a vision into their minds showing the players allying with the treants either now or in the future. This stirs an ancient and deep seeded hatred which amplifies their stats, causing their base damage to change to 75, their base accuracy to 1, their evasion to -3 and allows them to make two attacks in the same round. During this rage their maneuverability is almost superhuman, showing how powerful these summoned corpses can be should they have the passion to do so.
  • I See You | If Potag followed the players, and was spotted by Zymirth, the warriors will always target Potag with a secondary attack until they are all defeated or Potag is slain.

Skeleton Mage.jpg

<<Undead Mage>>
Similar to the warriors the undead mages dislike being brought forth from their cold sleep. However unlike the warriors, they have long since relented to their undesirable summoning, and simply work to finish the job as quickly and efficiently as possible. The mages act as the warrior's guiding hand, providing healing, and even performing supportive fire by launching airborne missiles of fire at their enemies. Like the warriors they will gain insight from Zymirth on whether or not the players have helped, are helping or will help the treants, and respond with the same hatred, though they gain no bonuses on account of their weapon being magical, not physical.

HP: 400/400 | DMG: 100 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2

Abilities:

• Rally of the Dead | While the undead mage is alive, he will give unheard orders and moral boosts to the undead warriors. As a result, so long as the mage is alive the warriors will target players who pose the biggest threat first. In other words: Hate is generated as such: attacks on the warriors individually and the usage of howl or focused howl generate 1 hate.  The usage of buffs, debuffs, or healing items/skills/mods generates 2 hate. The usage of AoE attacks generate 3 hate plus hate modifiers. And all attacks on the mage generate 4 hate for all mobs present plus modifiers (+2 if attack was an AoE). Additionally unless the undead mage is dead, the warriors are capable of piercing 25 points of mitigation per hit.
  • Necrotic Healing | If any undead warrior's health reaches 25% or lower, the mage will restore them back to full health. The mage can only use <<Necrotic Healing>> once per round, and can only use it every two rounds.
  • Greater Fireball | The undead mage's basic attack, fire missiles, is an AoE attack which aims at each player as well as Potag. However, every three turns, the mage is capable of launching a powerful fireball that deals an immense 200 points of damage to his target on hit, as well as 75 points of damage to the rest of the players and Potag (only if the initial attack hits its intended target). In addition to the damage, if the attack is a natural 9 or 10 on the BD, the target receives a tier 1 burn for 2 turns.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

Once Zymirth has been defeated, his body will fall to the ground but not shatter as most mobs do. Instead his body begins to transform into a disgusting black and dark purple ooze which begins to move away from the party. He simply cackles and states that no matter what they do he shall be reunited with his master soon, and tells them to finish the key by finding the final gemstone in the volcanic lands, held by wyverns. And finishes by stating he shall be waiting for them before cackling and disappearing into the marshy waters.

At this point Irress will approach from behind, frantically looking for her baby boy. If Potag is still alive she will cover him with her wings and nuzzle against him as she cries tears of joy. She will then thank the players for protecting Potag and for driving Zymirth away, but states that he is far from dead, and asks that the players find a way to kill him for good. As a thank you for saving Potag she will grant the players her blessing. If Potag does not live, she will be in a rage and blame the players for his demise before storming away.

Finally, upon looking inside Zymirth's cave the players don't find any treasure, but rather many tomes, books, scrolls, and hundreds of strange and weird artifacts and trinkets. Many of them look like objects players would use as equipment, and most of them bearing the same symbol: A dragon in flight with a sword crossing it's body. One page amongst the clutter appears to be one of the dragon hunter's entries:

"It's been a few months now and I've made even more progress. With the help of my friends down here, I've learned a bit of magic. I've managed to cast a spell so that when the gates to this castle are closed, only the key I left the red dragon will open it. But only when that key is fused with a gemstone to represent each of the eight species I've saved. Whoever is reading this, don't lose it. Without this key my plan will never be realized."

Floor 9
<<DHA 9: Cavity of Ruin>>
Must have completed <<DHA 8: Keeper of Life & Death>>

1000.jpg

Quest Rewards:

• 4,500 Experience Points
  • Dungeon Loot
  • Each player receives:
    • Golden Gemstone - Not Transferrable
      • "It's a translucent gold gemstone which appears to be half an inch in diameter and seems almost perfectly spherical. When inserted into the central hole in the key, a strange aura engulfs the key for a moment, and each of the gemstones glow consistently."
  • POTENTIAL REWARD:
    • Grand Hunter's Badge - Only obtainable if the players keep Vitalus alive and do not turn him in.
      • "A badge made of some unknown material that isn't affected by the elements with the symbol of a dragon in flight with a sword across it. This strange badge when worn fills the wearer with an unnatural sense of strength, honor and confidence, somehow knowing this is the badge of a leader during grand hunts and battles. The badge is treated as a trinket and will have any 3 normal enhancements of the players choosing, as well as the following bonus: When an opponent's attack applies a debuff roll an LD. If the LD is 11 or higher, all debuffs applied with that attack are negated entirely and one of three charges are removed. Once all three charges are gone this ability is removed from the item. These charges cannot be restored or recharged under any circumstances.
      • Not Transferrable

Requirements:

• Roleplay seeking the wyverns via scouting, rumors, questioning NPCs, etc.
  • Roleplay encounter with Vitalus and choose to employ his assistance or work alone.
  • Roleplay finding the Wyvern nest.
  • Slay appropriate amount of monsters in the dungeon & roleplay traversing it.
  • Slay the dungeon boss.

Summary:

Unlike the previous floors, the players do not have a map directing them to a specified location. Thus the players must roleplay searching the floor for the wyverns with whatever method they prefer; scouting, rumors, wandering, quest NPCs, etc for a minimum of 2 posts +1 per additional player. After obtaining the location of the wyvern's nest the players may then set out for it across the volcanic landscape. Along the way however they will encounter a man head to toe in plated armor who will engage in conversation with them. Upon discovering their current destination he requests that he join them so that he may aid in smiting the evil creatures he'd been fighting off for months now and cut them down at the root. To this the players can either refuse his help, or accept his help. Afterwards the players may begin looking for the dungeon.

Dragon Hunter's Journal:

Spoiler

SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1st journal entry found

Spoiler

I write this now in earnest because I have little time left. The black dragon is coming. He discovered Tyziss and is tailing him here. It will be close for certain, but I know Tyziss will make it in time. He brings with him the most precious thing I've ever kept in my life: The last two dragon eggs of the highest of dragons: The gold dragon. I've made it my sworn duty to put an end to the evil dragon's corruption. I knew he'd find me but I didn't expect it to be this soon. Nonetheless, preparations are completed. I shall seal the eggs in the main treasure room. When I'm done writing this, my friends will work together to help me release my spirit as Ossal and Griato had taught me. When that happens, I can help my friends stop the devil in his tracks.

2nd journal entry found

Spoiler

Whoever finds this journal. Whoever reads this. Please understand. If you take this task I leave for you, you face unimaginable danger. I ask you to fight to redeem the dragons. Free them of their guilt. End the lineage of all the evil dragons, and help to protect and free the others. If you make it to the end of the line, you won't be alone. Even if there are no good dragons left out there in the world, I will be there to help you. Zeonig must fall.

3rd journal entry found

Spoiler

After many years of searching. After so many years of tracking. Years of convincing, and even more years of bribing and hard work. I've done it. I've gained the favor of the dragons as a whole. It has been a long and tiring trial, but it has been worth the wait. I write this even as I await the majestic dragoness to invite me into her den. To speak with the highest of dragons! Such an honor has never been bestowed on any mortal before. Not even the elves could achieve this feat! I wish to make the best impression I can, and to learn all that I can from them. I hear her coming. Here goes...

Outline:

Dungeon.jpgDungeon

The "Wyvern's Lair" is a unique dungeon only discoverable and available during this quest. Once this quest has been completed it can only be used for roleplaying flavor from here on out. The minimum wait time to find this dungeon is 15 posts (can be shortened with search mods), but after this requirement is met the players can search for the dungeon every post afterwards. Other than this finding the dungeon follows normal rules.

The dungeon is located inside of a volcano that has never erupted according to records, as there is enough ventilation, cracks and holes to keep the pressure from building up. The entrance to the dungeon will be discovered outside the volcano and is a long hallway with pillars and unlit braziers that leads to the main dungeon section. Once inside the dungeon players will find themselves in a three dimensional labyrinth of buildings, towers, bridges, cliffs, hanging structures and so forth. Most of it hovering precariously over the lake of lava below, making the heat intense.

Most of the structures are made of stone alongside other materials that do not heat, ignite, or melt very easily. Throughout the dungeon players will find the walls and sometimes the ceilings covered in strange runes, walls of unknown texts, and even strange drawings depicting warriors, dragons and many fights between them (some ending in victory some in defeat). In addition to this, it will be very evident to the players that the dungeon, while structurally sound with no chance of buildings collapsing into the fiery depths below, has been damaged, some of it destroyed, by large creatures. Walls and ceilings will be missing segments to huge chunks of themselves, cracks almost cover most of the walls, ceiling and floor. Even the bridges have become somewhat unstable, with several having been seemingly shattered.

Players will encounter many of the rooms listed in the spoiler below as they traverse the dungeon:

Spoiler

Highway Corridor: While there are a great many hallways and corridors within the dungeon, there are a few of them that appear wider and far longer than the others, one or two of them even stretching from one end of the dungeon to the other. While this might have made traveling much faster, the collapsed rubble, broken bridges and so forth over the years have blocked certain sections of these corridors, forcing players to take more lengthily directions.

Armory: While this room isn't exactly large, there are an abundance of them throughout the dungeon. Each room is filled with a variety of weapons, armors, shields and the like, each wrapped in thick cloth and wool to protect one's hand from burning. The wooden handles of these weapons have been oiled and polished to protect them from combustion. Most of the weapons appear to be spears, especially throwable ones such as javelins, though their blades have rusted, broken or else melted long ago.

Bed Chambers: Once again an abundance of, the many chambers for sleeping are interestingly usually close to an armory or two. Most rooms have a minimum of ten and a maximum of forty beds, usually stacked as bunk beds closed in together for maximum usage. In many of these rooms there are small personal chests which may contain contents such as journals or personal belongings. Everything however will be burned, scorched, or simply aged beyond recognition.

Storehouse: A bit larger than an armory, and fewer in quantity, the storehouse consists of multiple shelving units, large chests and crates, and other such things for storing provisions. Any perishables will have been reduced beyond a rotten state, any gold will appear to have soften and reform into a state which makes it unusable, and so forth. There is however a small chance to find a chest made of an unknown material which seems to have preserved it's contents (usually perishables, never gold).

Courtyard: While very few in quantity, they are of a large size and can be found inside and outside. For the most part it appears to be nothing more than a large paved clearing, though there will usually be a balcony overlooking the courtyard from somewhere.

Prison: An unnaturally large room, there are a great many prison cells on one side of the room lining the wall. The other side of the room however will have two to three massive cages, each with bars two to three inches thick with two and a half inches distance between each bar. There are tool racks hanging on the walls not obscured by cages or cells, however the tools are impossible to identify due to the wretched condition they now appear to be in. Massive bones can be found in the large cells, as well as large scales littering the room.

Throughout the dungeon the players will suffer from intense heat unless they possess the <<Survival>> skill. Without the skill the player(s) will suffer additional energy loss from using the following skills: Sword Arts cost an additional 2 energy (4 if charge is used). Meditation can only recover 2*Tier points of energy when used. In order to clear the dungeon and reach the boss the players must face and fight 4 Lesser Wyverns and 3 Greater Wyverns in any order or combination of the mobs. Afterwards, the players will be assaulted by an ambush of 3 Lesser wyverns and 3 greater wyverns. After the ambush the players may continue on to the final room and slay the Grand Wyvern.

Just like every dungeon, the players will receive dungeon loot once the boss has been slain.

Boss Room: Only found after the ambush has been defeated. This circular room is massive, almost half the size of the entire floor. In the center is what appears to be a massive stone forge which harvests the magma from the volcano as fuel. As the players enter the room the grand wyvern will make it's entrance, accidentally stepping onto pressure plates, bumping into levers and the like, resulting in the forge coming to life and starting up. As it does so the floor begins to rotate at a steady peace. With the forge turned on vents open up, pouring lava into the forge and creating a moat of magma, as well as several lavafalls along the wall. When summoned, the lesser and greater wyverns will fly through massive circular vents along the ceiling which lead to the outside.

Allies:

Adventurer 3.jpg

<<Vitalus the Champion>>
An incredibly blunt man he seeks to be the floor's champion against any and all threats, monsters, foes, traitors and so forth. He will not hesitate to interrogate player killers, but will not push too hard, particularly if the player killer shares their desire to repent (if any desire exists). Acting like a true knight and champion, if the players mention the wyerns he will quickly tell them where they are, and ask to fight alongside the players to purge the nest of the plague once and for all, as he cannot slay them all by himself. He appears overly zealous about slaying evil, makes a lot of cheesy 'heroic' battle cries, victory cries and speeches, and is quick to speak ill of criminal activity, monsters and the like. He refuses to take off his armor, and explains that he wears a sash underneath which protects him from environmental heat, giving him an advantage and thus making him the floor's champion.
During combat he fights as one would expect a knight to fight. He will attack the strongest enemy first, weaker enemies second, and if need be he can play as the tank and cover for his allies every now and then. Despite sounding so cheesy, being extremely stubborn, and acting so rash, his fighting experience is beyond impressive, especially when he goes in for a killing blow.

HP: 200 * highest player's tier
DMG: 45 * highest player's tier
MIT: 20 * highest player's tier
ACC: 2

Abilities:

• Master Combatant | Despite wearing plated armor, Vitalus moves as if he didn't, showing just how strong and agile he is. Furthermore, he shows his incredible skill with the sword, capable of swinging, thrusting, parrying and countering, landing a total of two attacks per round. However he will prefer to attack a single opponent at a time rather than multiple at once.
  • Guardian's Protection | Vitalus can use his shield in three manners at the discretion of the players. The first method is to sacrifice one of his attacks to block with an additional 10*Tier points of mitigation (2 turn cooldown). The second is to sacrifice both of his attacks to block with an incredible 45*Tier total points of mitigation (4 turn cooldown). The third is the following: every two posts, Vitalus can sacrifice both of his attacks to rush over to one of the players in the party and take an attack that would have originally hit them, blocking with his shield for standard mitigation.
  • Blade & Shield Technique | Every three rounds Vitalus can use the blade and shield technique. When using this technique, Vitalus will attack once with his sword, but also slam his shield into his opponent, stunning them for one round (cannot stun them if their stun cooldown is still ongoing).

Enemies:

Wyvern 1.jpg

<<Lesser Wyvern>>
Unlike the dragons you have faced in the prior floors, this animal like creature seems to possess little to no real intelligence, acting on instinct and emotion. Very fast, and very wild, these creatures will attack from random directions and will do so using hit and run tactics. They are difficult to scare off, and will never be driven away by fear for very long. If a wyvern has dead prey in it's talons, the other wyverns might fight for it, ending up in a small fight between them for food. They are disorganized and usually uncoordinated. They are most scared of the greater wyverns however.

HP: 60 * highest player's tier
DMG: 45 * highest player's tier
ACC: 1

Abilities:

• Dive Attack | On a roll of BD 7+ and CD 7+, the Lesser Wyvern flies high into the sky, far out of reach from any weapon the players or Vitalus carry or use. It remains here for one full round. The following round it dive bombs down and slashes it's talons at the one with the highest hate. If it succeeds, it will deal an additional 15*Tier points of damage. Once the ability is activated for one of the wyverns, the others cannot use it until the cooldown of 2 rounds has passed.

Wyvern 2.png

<<Greater Wyvern>>
Somewhat smarter and more intelligent than the lesser wyverns, while they do not seem capable of intelligence of any human being, especially not capable of speech, they do appear to have a sense of strategy, albeit simple ones. Stronger and faster than lesser wyverns, these creatures are vicious and ferocious in their attacks. They will not hesitate to land onto the ground to get a better reach with the player, and will utilize their horns, the claws on their wings, their tail, and their maw to harm players in any manner they can. They do not work together as much, but if near lesser wyverns they can make them obey commands due to the fear their weaker brethren have of them.

HP: 175 * highest player's tier
DMG: 50 * highest player's tier
EVA: 1
ACC: 2

Abilities:

• Dive Attack | On a roll of BD 7+ and CD 7+, the Greater Wyvern flies high into the sky before dive bombing down at the players, grasping at them with their talons. They deal 15*Tier additional damage on hit, and on a 9-10 they grab the player/ally and haul them up into the air. While in the air, half of the wyverns (Lesser & Greater) including the one carrying the player/ally will attack the victim being held. While the player being carried by the wyvern can use Sword Arts against the wyverns attacking him/her, they will have no evasion while being carried. The players/ally on the ground cannot attack any wyverns carrying or attacking the player/ally being held. Once a full round has passed the player/ally will have forced/strategized/lucked their way out of the wyvern's grasp before landing on the ground again. Only one wyvern can activate this at a time, and no wyvern can use this ability while it's on cooldown (2 round cooldown).
  • Ram AttackOn a natural 9-10 the Greater Wyvern attacks with it's forehead and horns. If it lands a hit, it deals an immense 65*Tier points of damage. However if it misses it's target, it will ram into a wall, causing some of the ceiling or wall to collapse on the party, dealing 25*Tier points of damage to each Lesser and Greater Wyvern. If this attack activates the same time a player is being carried by wyvern, nothing will occur if the wyvern misses.

Wyvern Boss.jpg
<<Grand Wyvern>>
Massive, fierce and aggressive, the grand wyvern possesses a much higher intelligence than the lesser or greater wyverns. It isn't capable of human speech, however it has the potential to recognize what players may or may not attempt to do. While it is not the only one of it's kind on the floor, grand wyverns are very rare, and thus it is technically king of the greater and lesser wyverns. As such it fights as a king would to protect the land it has thus claimed. Especially when it is from attackers who have slain so many of it's subjects. The grand wyvern can be seen and described as an animalistic and tyrannical leader, and isn't afraid to command it's own lesser kind to charge at the players, even if it means their ultimate demise.

HP: 600 * highest player's tier
DMG: 75 * highest player's tier
MIT: 25 * highest player's tier
ACC: 3

Abilities:

• Wild RageOn the second round the Grand Wyvern makes an AoE attack. Afterwards it has a 2 round cooldown before it can be activated again. In addition, on a natural 8-10 it lands its attack a second time (applies to AoE attack as well).
  • Call of Supremacy | When the Grand Wyvern's health reaches 75% or lower, it makes a mighty howl summoning 2 Lesser Wyverns and 1 Greater Wyvern to fight by it's side. When its health reaches 25% or lower, it howls again, summoning 2 Lesser Wyverns and 2 Greater Wyverns.
  • Magma Scales | Every three rounds the Grand Wyvern will dive into the magma and reemerge again covered head to tail in magma. For two rounds it's attacks deal an additional 50 points in unmitigatable magma damage and players striking the Grand Wyvern receive 15 points in magma thorns damage.

Epilogue:

Spoiler

After the Grand Wyvern falls dead, the players watch as the forge begins to stop running. A small door opens and an object is pushed out and sent down a stone product slide, landing in a bowl. The size of the bowl indicates that items such as armors for tall and large built individuals can be crafted, but what rests inside is a single badge made of an unknown material. Upon picking it up, the players can feel a strange confidence and strength surge through them. Vitalus tells them to go ahead and take it, and that he won't fight for it. As thanks for what they've done for him. If asked or pressed about it, he will freely admit and explain to them that he used to be a criminal: a bandit who stole and killed. But after his own life was at risk and was saved by another, he wanted to do everything in his power to redeem himself, and only help others.

As the players search the dungeon's chests, (up to 4 chests equal to the tier of the highest player) they will find a golden gemstone which fits perfectly into the key slot. Inserting it into the key does not change it's color but makes it shine brightly, as if the key now had a living sun in the center of the handle. Laying in the same chest as the gemstone is yet another map. This one having been burned, faded, spilled on, and so forth, making it incredibly difficult to decipher. However despite it's difficulty, it is possible to read it and gain the coordinates of a specified location, though it is not labeled what this location is called.

• 3 months later...

Floor 10
<<The Dragon Age Crusade>>
Must have completed <<DHA 9: Cavity of Ruin>>

image.png

Rewards:

• 5,000 EXP
  • 10000 Col
  • 10 Materials
  • 1 Chest (Shared.  The player writing the final post rolls to open the chest and adds it to loot distribution as agreed upon by the group.)

Requirements:

• Roleplay reaching the ancient doorway
  • Roleplay discovering journal entries & opening the door
  • Traverse through the dungeon & slay 4 * party normal monsters & 2 * party elite monsters
  • Defeat miniboss
  • Defeat boss

Summary:

The players must roleplay their journey through the tenth floor searching for the doors. Once discovered they will find a single slot for one key. The keys will then glow and players can fuse them into one larger key which can be used to unlock the massive doors. In front of the doors is a journal entry which the players can pick up and read (in spoiler below). As the doors begin to creak open, the players can hear the dark words of Zymirth laughing as he flies overhead towards the open doors.

"Fools! You have only sealed your doom! My master awakens at last! And I his faithful servant shall lead his armies to desolate these lands! Ahahahahaha!"

Inside the doors is a massive dungeon with huge curved tunnels and oversized rooms for various uses. Many carvings and stories are etched into the walls as well.

Journal Entry: Warning! If you wish to avoid spoilers do not read this until your character picks it up and reads it

Spoiler

Whoever finds this journal. Whoever reads this. Please understand. If you take this task I leave for you, you face unimaginable danger. I ask you to fight to redeem the dragons. Free them of their guilt. End the lineage of all the evil dragons, and help to protect and free the others. If you make it to the end of the line, you won't be alone. Even if there are no good dragons left out there in the world, I will be there to help you. Zeonig must fall.

Outline:

Corridor.jpg

Past the doors is a dungeon which the players must traverse through is a labyrinth of corridors and massive rooms, both bearing plenty of room for massive creatures to maneuver through. These corridors are twenty four feet tall and are lit by glowstones hanging on the walls and in the water on either side. Runes and symbols line and decorate the columns, and the walls have art and depictions of different scenes from ancient times. Throughout the many corridors are drawings and carvings, runes and writings depicting what appears to be an ancient war against some dark entity which ruled over the dragons. It is impossible to translate any of them, despite the entire structure being perfectly preserved.

Upon defeating enough undead hunters and undead abominations, the players will find a large gate room. Inside this gate room are trees, brush, grass, and even magically generated sunlight. At the gate itself Zymirth can be found desperately trying to open up the gate. However upon finding the players he will viciously attack them for the sole purpose of protecting his master.

Enemies:

Dragon Hunter Undead.png
<<Undead Dragon Hunter>>
Having been dead, unburied and abandoned for countless ages, these ancient hunters no longer care what they do, who they serve, or why they fight. They resort only to instinct or to direct commands from Zymirth, and never feel or think anything of their own. Despite this their fighting nature, style, skill and expertise remain, resulting in an opponent who will never be fazed or fearful, show no hesitation or emotion, and fight with deadly skill and precision.
HP: 400
Base DMG (see Masters of the Art): 8
MIT: 50
EVA: 1

True Undead: Undead dragon hunters are completely immune to debuffs, paralysis and stun, and all DoTs save for fire based enhancements. Attacks from weapons with the fallen enhancement deal 10% less damage against them and Holy deals 50% more (rounded down). They are unaffected by any skill used to generate additional hate.
Masters of the Art: Every turn, the dragon hunters attack by using one of the following sword arts from the One Handed Straight Sword and Curved Sword sword art lists based on their CD roll:

• CD 1 - 3: Shadow Explosion (One Handed Straight Sword)
  • CD 4 - 6: Nova Ascension (One Handed Straight Sword)
  • CD 7 - 9: Legion Destroyer (Curved Sword)
  • CD 10 - 12: Butterfly Illusion (Curved Sword)

Master over Slave: During the fight with Zymirth, the dragon will command the Undead Dragon Hunters to intercept any succesful attacks against Zymirth. While intercepting attacks against Zymirth, the Undead Dragon Hunters have their mitigation halved (50 25) and receive double the final damage. They can do this once every three rounds, and can deal their attacks while protecting Zymirth.

Skeletal Abombination.jpg
<<Undead Abomination>>
This creature is a fusion of countless bones from both humanoids and dragons left scattered across the ground, as well as random souls forced into it to give it life. These abominations act with ruthless brutality, having minimal to no thoughts of their own as they are nothing more than a mass of souls and bodies forced into one. While this prevents the creature from thinking logically in any way sense or form, it gives the monster unimaginable willpower and rage. This creature attacks with reckless abandon, making wide heavy strikes, charges and rushes, with no hesitation or fear of it's own life.
HP: 600
DMG: 150
MIT: 50
EVA: -1

True Undead: Undead Abominations are completely immune to debuffs, paralysis and stun, and all DoTs save for fire based enhancements. Attacks from weapons with the fallen enhancement deal 10% less damage against them and Holy deals 100% more (rounded down). All hate generating skills and enhancements are doubly effective.
Wild Rage: Every three rounds, or anytime a player gains more than 4 hate in a single round, the undead abomination swings it's arms, legs, tail(s) and arms at everything around it dealing an additional 125 damage to each player in the party with the most hate.

Onyx Evil Dragon.jpg
<<Zymirth the Wretched>>
As before Zymirth will act primarily as backup and support for his minions, letting them attack the players directly for the most part. However he will also be more aggressive, choosing to attack the players from the skies whenever he has no need to ressurrect his undead warriors or abominations, or use his roar or breath attack. When he attacks it is vicious and filled with malice, but is also driven by fear should the players defeat him and somehow get past the gate itself. His arrogant personality remains, but he is more desperate, more vile, and more aggressive in his actions and words now.

When he begins channeling dark magic through his being, his body begins to decay even further. Now acting on pure desperation he strikes like a berserker, seeking to obliterate every player within it's gaze.
HP: 2700
DMG: 300
MIT: 25
ACC: 1
EVA: 4
Necrotic Body: While Zymirth's scales are all but rotten away, resulting in a pitiful amount of mitigation, his magic infused body makes up for it with the increased agility, but also powerful regeneration powers. Each passing turn he regenerates 50 points of damage, and heals himself for 25 points per hit he makes on the players. However he mostly lets his minions fight in his stead, only making an attack every other turn. Zymirth is immune to paralysis, stun, bleed, and poison enhancements. He receives double damage from fire based damage.
Dragon of Old: Unlike any of the previous dragons fought, Zymirth is not a descendant of the ancient dragons, but is one of the ancient dragons. As a result, he possesses a voice of authority unlike any other, allowing him to create an almighty roar. This roar paralyzes the players for one turn, as well as reduces their accuracy and evasion by 1 point for the two turns following stun recovery. Finally it reduces final damage of the players by 10% (after mitigation, rounded down) for the two turns following stun recovery. This ability has a 4 turn cooldown (based on combat rounds, not the number of attacks Zymirth makes), and Zymirth will use it on his third turn in combat.
Undead Summoning: Zymirth can and will conjure, summon and raise undead dragon hunters and abominations from dungeon around them. While this ability has no cooldown, Zymirth can only have four dragon hunters and two abominations on the battlefield at a time, and furthermore it takes one full round for the undead to make it's way into the chamber from the corridors outside. In order to ressurrect the dead he requires a post action, meaning he cannot attack, use his breath attack or roar, and has no evasion bonus. He will not ressurrect his undead forces again unless half or more have been slain and can ressurrect more than one at a time.
Breath Attack: Zymirth's breath attack is a very powerful and deadly acid spray that can hit the entire party, Potag included. Should his breath attack hit, the victim will not suffer any immediate direct damage, but will receive 100 points of unmitigatable acid damage for 2 turns. Before Necrotic Surge, he can only use this ability once. After Necrotic Surge, this ability gains a cooldown of 2 turns.
Necrotic Surge: As a final attempt to defeat the players, if his health reaches 15% or below, he will cancel the spell keeping the undead minions alive and will instead empower himself with dark magic. The result will restore his health to 25% and increase his stats as such: +2 additional accuracy, +30 damage, and makes Breath Attack an ability that has a cooldown of 2 turns. This only activates once and lasts the entire fight.

Epilogue: 

Spoiler

As Zymirth takes his final breath, he pleads his master for forgiveness. He then collapses onto the ground and his body begins to turn to dust. A secret compartment in the dungeon opens up, revealing a large chest and the rewards for clearing the dungeon and the quest. The great door, however, remains closed. Whatever mysteries, secrets, and monsters lie beyond it's doors, appears to be sealed forevermore.