[PP | F4] You're as Cold as Ice <<Absolute Zero>>

<<Absolute Zero>>

It had only been a few hours since Katoka had slain the ice monster known as Avalanche. Since then she had enjoyed a nice hot drink with her friend and fellow guild member Freyd. Shortly after finishing his drink he had excused himself, though she wasn't sure what for at the time. Taking this moment the samurai stretched and yawned, finding a large and comfortable chair to lounge in by the fire. The chair, covered in soft animal furs, was surprisingly soft. Draping her legs over one arm and curling up the rest of the way she stared, eyes heavy with sleep, at the roaring fire in front of her. Kat yawned once more before letting the blanket of sleep that hung around her finally settle for a moment.

It wasn't a deep sleep. This was more of a waking one, where she still heard the NPCs and players around her talking and boasting. Kat was aware more or less of those around her, with her being a young woman alone and seemingly in a deep sleep, this was wise. Still she half slept and had strange half dreams made of characters and faces that seemed familiar, their voices that of the current residents of the coffee shop.

Katoka | HP:640/640 | EN:64/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 | ACC:3 | BLD:24

Spoiler

Name: Katoka
Level: 32
HP: 640/640
EN: 64/64

Stats:
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 48
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Iridescent Edge (T2/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Bushido Haori (T2/Perfect/Light Armor) | MIT 2, EVA 1
Misc: Banded Ring of Warrior's Focus (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket) | ACC 3

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Katana [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:

Mods:
Katana Finesse R3
Katana Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions*3
Teleportation Crystal*5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

@Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Post #2

When Katoka finally awoke, a second figure had taken up the comfy chair opposite to hers by the hearth.  Freyd sat, watching the flames, a small, contented smile permanently pasted to his face as he sipped his coffee and pondered.  So much had happened in such a short time.  Why did everything always seem to happen in such frantic spurts?  The boss raid was looming large, and life seemed to get more hectic and complicated the closer it got. 

Wisps of warmth wafted up from his cup, dancing over his face.  Eyes closed as his attention was suddenly drawn inward to a recent, pleasant memory.  Everything else vanished from his mind in an instant.  Was this how real people felt?  It carried so much nuance, so many complicating factors, and yet such simple, utter peace and serenity.  The paradox was playing itself out in his head, circling round and round as if he still believed that some suitable answer might still be found.  At least the coffee was good.

Turning his gaze to matters at hand, he had a friend to thank.  Reaching out with his right foot, he slowly prodded one of Katoka's, bundled up beneath the blanket the barkeep had draped over her.  She must have been completely zonked to have slept for this long.  

"Wake up, sleepy head.  I don't have much time left."

Vanity tag: @Elora

Freyd Consumes: Super-Duper Anti Snake Sauce (Antidote 2, 179923) and leaves another out for Katoka (Antidote 2, 179924)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1690/1690 | EN:181/181 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 2/2

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 83
HP: 1690/1690
EN: 181/181

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 4
BH:84
VAMP OFF:169
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:5
Antidote 2/2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, VO 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Night Shades (T3-Trinket, ACC 3)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit R3 [Obtained]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Martial Arts [Rank 4]
Quick Change [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival
Meditation

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics
Night Vision
Vengeful Riposte

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Gungnir Shard: Haniel's Modesty (T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]*5
Flash of Rejuvenation (Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP)*5
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring: n/a

Through sleep blurred eyes Katoka saw Freyd sitting in the chair near her. Blinking once or twice more she realized she had dozed off a bit longer than she had previously intended. Sitting up with a start the blonde cleared her throat before speaking, "So. Uh. I wasn't sleeping." she shook her head, "Just uh resting my eyes." She grinned knowing the excuse would fall on deaf ears, "Alright it was a short nap. You caught me." laughing she pulled the newly acquired blanket off and repositioned herself. She noticed something different about the man before her. The way he normally carried himself seemed... Off. Not in a bad way though. He had a soft smile on his face that normally she had to coax out of him with a bad joke of some sort.

"What's got you in such a good mood there smiles?" she asked as she noticed a pottle nearby, "Oh this for me?" Kat pops the cork and knocks back the antidote quickly before turing her sights back to her mug of now lukewarm coffee. "So do you want to hit the next icey boy with me? I know this one hits a bit harder."

Katoka Consumes: Super-Duper Anti Snake Sauce (Antidote 2, 179924)

Post #4

"Short nap..." Freyd snorted, instantly deciding that he had to see how far he could take this.  "You've been out for three days, sunshine.  The barkeep charged me rent to let you sleep here uninterrupted.  And that..." he pointed at the pottle she'd just downed, "was a laxative.  Just in case.  Sitting for this long can bung you up something fierce, even in a digital universe.  The outcome is... unpleasant." 

Freyd downed an entire blueberry muffin in three bites, one of the big ones like they used to get at Costco, back when he was a kid.  His mouth so full that his cheeks puffed out on either side, and he wasn't sure if he could actually swallow, but it kept his face moving and made it harder to ready his intentions.

"Smo...iv du wmna go doo dm nest onve, im cwwwl mith dath."  He offered her a double thumbs up and went to help her out of the couch, then pulled back with an exaggerated look of concern, like she might barf on him, or worse.

Freyd activates Vengeful Riposte (-5 EN)

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1690/1690 | EN:176/181 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 2/2 | VENGEFUL

• 2 weeks later...

"THREE--" Kat had started but realized that Freyd had a visible smirk on his face. Usually his smiles were small, hidden behind his cowl, or so subtle you had to really look to see them. This one was almost on full display. She cocked an eyebrow curiously and held in a laugh as he talked with his mouth full, "Wanna try that one more time sport? This time without the mouth full of muffin?"

Standing up she popped the last of her danish that she had left on the side table into her mouth and downed her lukewarm coffee. "Alright, shall we get a move on then? I want to actually fight something. It's been a while since I've had a challenge." she said stretching a bit, knowing full well that her muscles didn't really need to be warmed up in this world. Katoka swiped open her game UI to check her gear once more before turning back to Freyd. "You get everything situated that you needed to earlier?"

Post #6

An unexpectedly goofy smile spread across Freyd's face upon hearing the question.

"Yeah.  Uh... that's a good way to put it.  Let's go with that."  Furniture scattered forcefully out of his way as he scrambled to snag another pastry and shove it into his mouth with all possible haste on his way out the door.  The blue samurai barely saw his black-clad arm beckoning from the doorway for her to follow.  The man didn't sit still for long at the best of times, it seemed, but intuition told her that this was something else.  

Hands tucked neatly into a discrete pair of pockets, the taller man jaunted down the street with surprising speed, dodging wayward children and their frigid ammunition as it flit through the air all around him.  A stray shot landed squarely on the side of his head, exploding into a frosty halo, and looking to any other observer like Freyd's mind has suddenly been blown.  Everything stopped.  Snowballs fell to the ground and mitts were instantly tucked behind backs as gasps echoed all around, followed by silence.  One kid with a beet red face and eyes like saucers stared at the Whisper like he'd somehow earned himself a death sentence.  Freyd's right arm pulled slowly out of his pocket and into the air next to his inappropriately coloured cowl.

*SNAP*

Two wisps of black lanced from his form.  The first was his shadow, that somehow detached itself from his feet, skittered across the ground and up the interior of the boy's pant leg.  The second lanced from beneath Freyd's cowl and wrapped itself like a bat on a honey-covered beehive around the boy's whimpering head.  Instantaneously, the breeches fell to the ground as his shirt was pulled up partly over his head with a flurry of sleeves that left them knotted together and covering his face.  Both shades returned to the lurking places as quickly as they'd departed.  Freyd took one step closer to the jerseyed, shivering child and pushed him lightly on the forehead with a single finger, prompting him to collapse spectacularly into the snow. 

A moment later, with hand back in his pocket, Freyd continued on his way with two words wafting in the wind behind him:  "Carry on."

• 2 weeks later...

Katoka walked up behind Freyd after he left the NPC child tied in his own clothes. She matched pace and pulled her hand back, bringing it down in a chopping motion, bonking him on the head. "Quit picking on the children and let's go you shadow dork." she walked ahead of him in the direction they had left town a few hours ago. Pulling up her notes while walking as she liked to do, Kat made sure to note the area close to the previous boss where this one would spawn. Closing her window she nodded to herself, "This shouldn't be too hard. I'm a lot stronger and I know you sure as hell are. Maybe if I'm lucky we can knock this out quickly and be back on a warmer floor."

The blonde pulled her scarf up over her face a bit more to block some of the bite the wind was giving her. "So when are you going to stop dodging the question and tell me what you were up to huh?" she grinned under her scarf. She had a feeling she knew what it might had been about after their last talk, but she wanted to hear him say it before she jumped to any conclusions. "You meet up with someone?"

Post #8

Freyd's eyes narrowed as a coy, knowing smile planted itself firmly across his face.  

"I met up with Elora."  He said it bluntly, the tone in his voice lilting upwards at the end, hinting at more.  "She.. uh... very thoughtfully had a cloak I'd loaned her mended and wanted to return it to me."  He clearly wasn't wearing one.  Freyd's smile still had that playful smirk pasted across it, but his eyes had grown distant and were lost in memory.  "She's struggling with a lot right now, I think.  You've known her long enough to realize how volatile she is inside.  There's a lot of insecurity in there." 

It was all true, and Katoka knew her friend well enough to have realized as much by now.  But, as a friend, she also deserved to know a little more.

"She ran off, overwhelmed and confused.  I watched her killed Avalanche by herself.  Impressive, really.  You have both grown so much stronger.  But, her passions were reaching a crisis point.  I... she... erm."  Freyd laced his fingers behind his head and stretched while searching for the right words.  "Well, let's just say that she has the warmest, softest lips leagues beyond  anything that I could ever possibly have imagined."  

Warmth flushed across Freyd's face.  He was still trying to figure out why.

Vanity Tag: @Elora

• 3 weeks later...

With each word that came out of Freyd's mouth, Katoka's hands moved closer to her face until she had covered her mouth with both of them. She let him finish talking before she let out a squeal and punched him in the shoulder, "I TOLD YOU. BOTH OF YOU!"

She giggled like a mad woman and danced around. She knew that she was probably embarrassing him but she couldn't contain her excitement. Two of her best friends had kissed each other and she had to celebrate somehow. After a few minutes she cleared her throat and composed herself, "I apologize for my outburst." She began walking stiffly ahead of Freyd in an attempt to get some distance between them so she could continue to grin like an idiot.

Turning around she attempted to hid the smile as best as possible, she did a horrible job, "The warmest, softest lips huh?"

Post #10

A goofy, wistful smile clung to Freyd's lips as he remembered the moment, nodding dumbly in response, making him look the part of the confused love-sick puppy that he was.  It was completely foreign territory.  Throw him in a pit full of three-header, fire-breathing mutant super-snakes, and he'd probably make it out alive.  But, one kiss from a pretty girl and the dumbass let his brain stall.  Freyd was utterly clueless in this arena, and it showed.  No, actually it advertised in major newspapers worldwide, rented banner planes, went viral on the net and wrote it in permanent ink on his forehead, then turned him into a mumbling idiot to boot.  That was much closer to the mark.

"Ummm... yeah."  The words barely qualified as a whisper. 

Pulling the cowl down farther over the upper reaches of his face was about all he could manage to conceal his growing discomfort.  Feelings, at all, but of this nature especially, were so far out of his comfort zone.  He groaned in awkward misery.

"Can we go kill something, please?"

Kataoka let out a giggle and covered her mouth trying to hide it. She motioned at Freyd to follow her, "Yeah yeah, come on. Let's take care of this ice man. I'm sure you could melt him with the heat from you cheeks blushing after all." Despite the teasing she was giving her friend the samurai felt relief. She was beyond happy that her friends could find one another while being stuck in the hellscape that they were in. She knew the warmth and anxiety that came with love, especially something new and blossoming. After the two exited the safe zone of the town and began trudging through the snow, Katoka finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry for picking on you, but you so rarely show emotion, let alone embarrassment. I had to tease you just a bit." she patted him on the back and smiled warmly, "I'm genuinely happy for you. Both of you. I think that you'll compliment each other nicely." She looked back at the snow that was collecting around them. The soft powdery wonderland was a gorgeous site to behold. Pulling her scarf up a bit to fend of the cold she longed to return back to Sam and hold her close in front of a warm fire.

Post #12

Gradually returning to his normal pallor, Freyd nodded in understanding. 

"I guess I deserve it."  He scuffed snow off the ground, spraying a gentle shower of flakes out in front of him as his eyes returned to their pensive norm.  "And I can't really blame you.  Thanks for being there, Katoka.  It means a lot."  A smile spread across his mood and curled towards the mischievous at the end.  A hip check followed without warning, gentle enough not to hurt, but forceful enough to send her flying face face-first into a snowbank

"But now we're even," Freyd added more loudly, laughing as he continued down the path, mildly thankful that there were no ranged sword arts available in the game.  Running would have been undignified, so he settled for improving the briskness of his pace as he walked away, knowing that a blue-faced miniature yeti armed with a katana and excessive cuteness was about to come rampaging at him from behind.

Worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Katoka smiled warmly at Freyd's reply, then she was face first in the snow a second later. Popping out gasping for air she started laughing hysterically before she raced after him. This was friendship. Being stupid with and supportive of one another. Scooping up two handfuls of snow as she caught up she smashed it on top of his head and then took off full speed to put some distance between them. Laughing the whole way she bounded through the snow covered path, knowing that Freyd would be close behind.

Rounding a tall embankment of snow Katoka saw large chunks of ice and enormous holes in the ground that looked like numerous craters from several impacts. The samurai stopped and stepped back a bit, being carful not to trigger the spawn of their opponent. Opening her map she saw that they had travelled a lot farther than she had thought. Sprinting that last bit had covered a lot more ground than she had anticipated. "Freyd? I think this is the place."

Post #14

Suddenly concerned that the compact cerulean storm at his side would trigger the boss and draw its ire too much to herself, Freyd threw caution to the wind and ran past.  Leaping left and right over ice shelves, he managed to gain some elevation and took a running jump onto the still-unsuspecting ice titan that was otherwise just stomping by.

*THUNK*

The blade bit between the big thing's eyes, and then stuck.  Freyd found himself dangling awkwardly between a massive brow of ice that suddenly teetered into a frown over the two cavernous hollows that purported to be its eyes.

"Well.. uh... this is a bit unexpected."  He wiggled fingers from one hand while still hanging by the other, soliciting a deep, rumbling growl as one of the golem's massive mitten-like hands threatened to crush him.  A swift twist and kick to the nose, dislodging him from his predicament, and allowed Freyd to fall out of the way while Avalanche punched himself in the face.  The Whisper landed with cat-like grace and Cheshire grin before calling out to his friend.

"You're up, Kat.  Show me what you've got!"

Spoiler

Freyd activates Charge.

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Rested 1/2; Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID #183206 | BD: 5+4+2-1=10 (hit, Charge +5).  DMG (13*25=325-75=250) to Absolute Zero

ID #183207 | MD:  7+3-0=10 (hit, Vengeful Riposte triggers).  DMG (200*0.5=100-79=21) to Freyd.  (CD 7, no proc)

Vengeful Riposte (200*0.5=100-75=25 damage)

Katoka | HP:640/640 | EN:64/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 (-1) | ACC:3 | BLD:24
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1669/1690 (1690-21) | EN:172/181 (181-9) | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 (0) | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 2/2 | VENGEFUL

[H:1,0] Avalanche the Absolute Zero| HP: 575/850 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 200 (250 on Nat 9; 300 on Nat 10) | Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 (850-250-25)

You must roll for this boss on a separate roll.
<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Post #15

A blur of black passed by Katoka and bounded up the ice and debris that surrounded the area, smashing headlong into what she had assumed was just part of the landscape. The sound of splintering ice filled the air as she saw Freyd now hanging from the face of their opponent. Avalanche's name and health bar appeared for Kat and dropped considerably with her friend's attack. She was surprised he hadn't managed to kill it in one blow. She watched as the monster attampted to hit the cowled man, but her dropped out of it's reach and landed on the ground with ease, letting it smash it's fist into it's own face.

An impish grin spread across her face as her heart thudded in her chest, adrenaline fueling her lust for battle. Her knees bent and her hand gripped her katana as she spoke a single word, "Rend." The sound of thunder clapped as she appeared on the other side of the towering beast. Several red glowing slashes now visible on it's leg pulsed in the night as Katoka returned her blade to it's home. She turned back to Freyd and gave him a similar grin. "Tag, you're it."

Spoiler

Katoka attacks with San Ge!

Rested: (1/2) | Finesse Rank 3 = -11 EN

ID# 183432 BD: 7 + 3 ACC + 2 = 12 HIT | 15 * 13 DMG = 195 - 75 MIT = 120 DMG to Avalanche the Absolute Zero

Katoka | HP:640/640 | EN:53/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 (-1) | ACC:3 | BLD:24
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1669/1690 (1690-21) | EN:181/181 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 (0) | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 2/2 | VENGEFUL

[H:1,1] Avalanche the Absolute Zero| HP: 455/850 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 200 (250 on Nat 9; 300 on Nat 10) | Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2

<<Grand Slam>> : On a CD of 12, this boss will raise its arm and slam against everyone in your party, dealing damage to everyone and freezing them in place.
<<Zero Degree Weather>> : The boss radiates negative weather that forces the players to have -2 in their evasion, this cannot be avoided with Survival.

Note: Link didn't post properly in perma roller for this post

Post #16

Even as Katoka turned back to prompt Freyd for his action, she saw two copies of him on the field.  The first attacked the ice monster head on, while the other lanced at it from the side, cleaving another chunk of frost from its legs and dropping its health bar firmly into the yellow range.  The mob was more than a little miffed at his duplicity and constant nattering bites.  Reaching down, it grabbed the shattered wreck that was its right leg, ripped it off and held it high overhead.  Everything went still for an instant.  Both players marveled at the madness of what the mob had just done, while it glared at them for their insolence before smashing the giant hunk of ice down at both of them.

"Katoka!  Get dow-"

Freyd's warning was swallowed by their foe's namesake as an avalanche of snow and ice swept the battlefield, encompassing them both.  His black figure crawled out of the snow an instant later.

"Damn."

Staring back at him with sky-blue skin and a look of shock upon her face was his diminutive friend, nearly flash-frozen by the boss' attack.

"This is why we came prepared.  You should...uh...think of Sam?"  That ought to steam things up and get her moving nice and quick again in no time.

Vanity Tag: @Sam

Spoiler

Freyd regains 1 EN at start of turn.
Freyd activates Disguise (EVA +1)

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Rested 2/2; Finesse 3) = 9 EN

ID #183433 | BD: 3+4+2=9 (hit).  DMG (13*20=260-75=185) to Absolute Zero

ID #183434 | MD: n/a (CD 12, <<Grand Slam>> proc)  attack becomes autohit AoE effect

Damage to Katoka: 200-48=152 [Freeze effect negated by Antidote]

Damage to Freyd: 200-79=121 [Freeze effect negated by Antidote]

Katoka | HP: 488/640 (640-152) | EN:53/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 (-1) | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | Antidote 1/2 
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP1569/1690 (1669+84[max]-121) | EN:163/181 (172+1-9) | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 (1) | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 1/2 | [VENGEFUL RIPOSTE 1/3] | [PARRY 1/2] | DISGUISE 0/3]

[H:2,1] Avalanche the Absolute Zero| HP: 270/850 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 200 (250 on Nat 9; 300 on Nat 10) | Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 (455-185)

Post #17

"When the hell did he learn how to make shadow clones?" Kat said aloud to herself as she cocked her head to the side watching Freyd flip and jump around. In that moment she knew she fucked up. With a crunch the titan ripped it's leg from it's own body and smashed it into the ground, sending a ripple of snow and ice towards the players. Despite their fast reflexes the two couldn't avoid the damage and were hit with the avalanche of snow and ice. Wincing at the slight pain from the damage she gritted her teeth and rode the wave as best she could.

The effects of the antidote kicked in to prevent them both from being frozen, but Freyd's comment was enough to make her melt any ice that could have formed around her. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN JUST FOCUS ON THE ICE MAN!" she yelled in embarrassment. Taking the opening that Avalanche gave them, Kat jumped off of falling debris and once again flashed to the opposite side of the ice monster. It's face now covered in similar glowing wounds as it's leg. "You're up Freyd! Think Elora thoughts!" she retorted, hoping to get a bit of a rise out of him

Spoiler

Katoka regains +1 EN
Katoka attacks with San Ge!

Rested: (2/2) | Finesse Rank 3 = -11 EN

ID# 183442 BD: 9 + 3 ACC + 2 = 14 CRITICAL HIT | 15 * 14 DMG = 210 - 75 MIT = 135 DMG to Avalanche the Absolute Zero

Katoka | HP: 488/640 | EN:43/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 (-1) | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | Antidote 1/2 
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP: 1569/1690 | EN:163/181 | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 (1) | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 1/2 | [VENGEFUL RIPOSTE 1/3] | [PARRY 1/2] | DISGUISE 0/3]

[H:2,2] Avalanche the Absolute Zero| HP: 135/850 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 200 (250 on Nat 9; 300 on Nat 10) | Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | BLD: 24 (0/2)

Post #18

Racing up the busted fragments that were once the beast's leg, Freyd moved like a cloud's shadow as he streaked across fractured bits of uneven ice.  Behind him trailed a thin line of black that flashed forward at the last moment, just as the Whisper leapt for the titan's chest.  Its entire torso cracked as Samael's Pride tore through its frozen core, unleashing a thunderclap so powerful that it bent every tree within a hundred feet back at ninety degrees.  Several snapped, unable to recover from the stress.  Avalanche exploded into a massive barrage of pixelated motes that burst into the air like a hundred sudden blizzards, then just as quickly disappeared.  From the last of the lingering flurries emerged a figure in black, dusting a bit of snow from his shoulders as he approached.  The slightest hint of a grin curled the corners of his lips.

"That was good advice."

Spoiler

Freyd regains 1 EN at start of turn.
Freyd regains 84 HP from BH.

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Finesse 3) = 10 EN

ID #183449 | BD: 3+4+2=9 (hit).  DMG (13*20=260-75=185) to Absolute Zero

Katoka | HP: 488/640 | EN:43/64 | DMG:13 | MIT:48 | EVA:1 (-1) | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | Antidote 1/2 
Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP: 1653/1690 (1569+84) | EN:163/181 (163+1-10) | DMG:20 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 (1) | ACC:4 | VAMP OFF:169 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:5 | BH:84 | Antidote 1/2 | [VENGEFUL RIPOSTE 3/3] | DISGUISE 2/3]

[H:3,2] Avalanche the Absolute Zero| HP: 0/850 | MIT: 75 | DMG: 200 (250 on Nat 9; 300 on Nat 10) | Freeze: 2 (Will Freeze on Natural Rolls of 8-10) | ACC: 3 | EVA: -2 | BLD: 24 (1/2) (135-185-24)

Post #19

Katoka returned her katana to it's saya and watched as the polygons of the monster burst around them. She plopped down into the now on her behind and began to laugh, a deep belly roll that overtook her. Two hits from each of them. Four all together. Had she really grown that much? It had only been a few months since she had finally decided to leave the town of beginnings. Sure, Freyd had done a lot more damage than she had, but she had grown. She felt it deep within herself that the old anxious girl that hid away in hotel rooms was gone.

After a few moments she stood up and brushed the snow off of her and stepped up to Freyd, holding out her fist for him to bump. "Thanks for always being there and teaching me that I'm a lot stronger than I think I am. You're a good friend Freyd." She smiled warmly and patted him on the back, "Now lets get back to Javalanche, I need something to warm me up."

Freyd matched her fist, proudly.  He'd always felt that she had a raging storm inside of her, just waiting for her confidence to grow enough to let it manifest.  It just had.  

"If I was back home, I'd have to jersey you for something like this, but maybe this time we'll let it pass."  A wink passed to confirm the jest and sentiment.  Katoka's power would only grow, and he looked forward to seeing her power blossom.  She was a good woman, a cherished ally and a fine friend.  With luck, they had many more such outings left before them.  Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he hurried alongside, the cold not seeming to bother him at all. They walked along, sharing their perspectives on the fight and teasing each other about the madness of it all.  It was strangely... fun?  Yeah.  Fun.

A sudden hip check sent the newly dubbed Cerulean Storm flying face-first into the nearest snow bank while a whispering shadow cackled like a madman and ran as fast as he could to save himself from her inevitable fury.

Thread Summary:

Katoka receives:

6 SP (1 page, +1 event, +4 quest)
2900 col
Zero Degree Icicle (T2 Rare Weapon of Choice) - Freeze / Accuracy - Permanent weapon

Freyd receives:

2 SP (1 page, +1 event)