[F5-PP] Going the Distance (The Traveler)

Freya slept for an entire day after what happened with Freyd. She woke in the break of the sunrise as she stretches in her cozy bed. Sitting up she decides that today she would take it easy. Getting up and walking to her kitchen she prepares 2 meals of eggs, toast, and bacon. She was getting in the habit of cooking for Gaius now and she hadn't heard many complaints from him for it. Taking the time to create these meals she quickly eats her own before traveling next door to set a dish for Gaius on the table for when he wakes. A small note - I made extra bacon for your little friend, Enjoy-.

She walks out of the shop as the sun was just showing. She wanted today to be easy, relaxing but she also wanted to continue with the leveling aspect. She heads to the warp gate and travels to floor 5, hoping that there was some quest there that wasn't too hard. 

Arriving in the 5th floor's main town she goes through the quest board and finds the Traveler... "Hmm this could be easy, only one way to find out," she says snatching the quest off the board. She didn't think being alone right now was the best option so she sends a message through the guildhall chat saying:

To: Firm Anima Guild Chat

I am doing this traveler quest on floor 5. Join me if you want to...

With the chime of her HUD as the message was sent, she closes it from view. She wouldn't wait long because she hated sitting idle, but she would for a bit...

Using Advanced Slime Farm on this thread +2 SP (1/4/21)

Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 15
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grim Reminder - Sorrow (T2/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter (Rank 1)

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27
Silver Band - Farore's Wind: (T1/Perfect/Trinket) Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Freya

A single hammer blow rattles the chamber, a bit of kindling flame stoking the back of his and as its slammed down. A spray of sparks as the weapon shapes to his desired length. "My girl, boy I will tan your ass." Griswold was furious still, Gaius had only barely avoided his clutches. There was no breakfast, he'd allow the rest of the team to celebrate before he whooped that kids ass. 

Another slam of the mallet causes the flames upon his hand to scatter, Vulcan lapping away at his own molten stone. A liquid pouring from his gullet in trickles. Griswold heads to the grind stone and begins to peel and shape the head of a polearm in wide curves. It begins to become more thin, vibrant in red color. A rod from his side, he places the head through the socket and anchors it with a pair of pliers.

A flash of light blue, then a faint pulse of purple. A perfect, as expected of a smith that was quickly becoming unmatched. Spinning the scythe in his grip, drawn and complete a single sweep cuts a wooden mannequin in twain. "Good." Griswold barks out as a prompt floods his HUD. Fighting with it to get the damn mechanic menu up, he fat fingers out a barely legible message back to his little Freyja.

Mega Slime Farm Triggered: +2 SP for Thread Closure

To: Freya

I'll be there girl, I have a gift for you. Just put the finishing touches on it.

Spoiler

Griswold, Fist of Anvil
Level: 37
HP: 770/770
EN: 74/74

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 84
THRNS:36
REC:2
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Reinforced Chisel Head [Tierless/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)
Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T2/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+54 Mitigation])
Misc: Titanic Wall - Foundation [T2/Perfect/Shield] Thorns 2 (36), REC 1

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
Howl [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter R3

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash
Athletics (Heavy)

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Fist of Gaia - Incline [T1/Perfect/Warhammer] Taunt, Accuracy 2

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Extended Mod Limit): +1 Rank to the Extended Mod Limit skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Griswold

Sitting on the ground with her back to the quest board post, she starts to nod off a bit before her HUD chimes and her eyes quickly open. Clearing her throat a bit she opens the message sent...Griswold. "Yeesh," a gift. All she could think about right now is facing him with Gaius in mind...The kiss that happened flashes through her mind. She didn't know if she should laugh and be scared.

She starts to send a reply before a mysterious figure walks to her, the shadow blocking the sun. "Yes?" Freya asked a bit confused about who this person was. "Walk the path, follow the trail. I need my precious treasure back at the end of the long road ahead," the figure coughs the other way before glancing at Freya again. "It is very important that you get this for me. 2 days, that is all the time you have to retrieve this or they become useless to me. Please help me..." she says again coughing the other way. Freya looks at her with a brow raised figuring that this talk had something with the quest that she just accepted. "Okay..." and with that, she was gone.

Taken back just a bit by her recent visitor she quickly composes a message saying:

Okay! I'll be waiting. See you soon daddy...

With a chime of her HUD, the message was sent as she gets to her feet watching the warp gate now that she knew someone was arriving.

Patting his familiar with an outstretched hand forces him to swell and rise, knowing now that it was time to go. A few minutes spent adorning heavy armor, unsure what he was to face within the quest Freya had invited him on. Grabbing the hammer from his anvil, the very same that played weapon. "Come boy." Griswold remarks in full cobalt plate, a tinge of orange flame ringing his shoulders through it.

A heave and a clutch to the large flattened stone that acts as a door, it slides and rolls to one side. Slid back it covers the forge hidden on floor 9, serving the part to keep him close to the metals he worked. Through the fire and brimstone, into the settlement, he barks a location and a flash of light activates the gate. A heavy crash as he lands, a familiar lunging from the platform having no issue with the heat. A desert paled to a volcanic mountain. "Freyja." He offers through steel coverage, and with a flash a tossed sickle polearm, her T2 upgrade. "Should do the job, but it's how you use it. It's a bit more of a monster, so I hope you prepared to wield it."

An appearance through the warp and almost instantly tossing a new weapon her way. Having no issues catching it she inspects it. A small tilt of her head at his last comment knowing fully that she would use it anyway even if she wasn't ready. Level maybe but she was still trying to figure out everything else. The blade part was extraordinary and the weight was even. "I will put it to good use, thank you." She shook her head a bit trying to get everything out of her head that she was trying to set aside.

She gives the Scythe a twirl in the air and catches it with both hands swinging downward to test its activity. A grin painted against her face as she instantly fell in love with it. "Oh man, I am going to have fun with this. It's heavier than the last." With another twirl, she places it on her back eager to figure out what it did. "Let's walk and talk, we have some catching up to do." She says this while opening her HUD and sharing the quest and sending a party invite. "So how have you been, not too angry I hope..." she says clearing her throat knowing full well that Gaius had a way of rattling his cage. A small cat with 3 tails pops out of the shadows now and starts messing with Freya's shoelace. "Ah, Ko there you are," she says picking up her 4-inch cat.

Edited by Freya

As Freyja plays with the new tool, Griswold nods at her claim to put it to use. "It's all a smith and a father can ask for." His eyes shift to the horizon and then down to his familiar. "Right up your alley boy, so." That gaze then slides on to the blonde girl. "What are we dealing with? Snakes, cactus?" And the sudden invite leads him to slide his hand a few directions, trying to get the damn thing to come open. As about as ungracefully as one can be, he finally manages to accept the invite. "I've been, busy." Griswold barks, not wanting to direct his ire at his daughter but rather at the damnable fool who despite saying he has no ill intention, now has her living with him. "That boy, you've taken a fancy too. You just tell me if he oversteps your boundaries." The smith threatened because he'd have no qualms climbing up his ass.

Edited by Griswold

"Ah busy...I know that all too well. Same here," she says petting Ko in her arms. "I got her, I call her Ko for short." He asked what they were dealing with in this quest. "I am not entirely sure. A creepy looking gal came up to me just before you arrive and said get her loot. Apparently, we have two days' time to do so. I hope you can still keep me company that long." She says as she looks to her map now with a green arrow facing where they should be going. Hearing him speak of Gaius now she did not want to anger him with the kiss notion, instead, she said "I think I can handle him but I will let you know. I punched him you know..." she knew that he would get a slight kick out of this. She sets Ko down and she runs to the thing that is nearly 10 times her size. Sniffing him her ears perk up and then she starts playfully nibbling at the fiend's ankles.

A small furball in white fur, the ittiest bittiest little creature. Griswold cannot find himself looking into it too closely, he was a big man, and something so small frightened him. He felt as though he'd crush it flat with any quick movement. "I suppose so, I am caught up on orders and they shouldn't need me for a bit." Griswold responds in truth, he was a very well-off smith, but weapons unlike food needed not a replacement on the regular.

"Good." Griswold barked out with a chuckle, seems as though the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The guild smith had also on numerous occasions decked the boy, not hard enough to deal damage but to get a point across. Vulcan takes one look down at Ko, and one solid huff causes all of her hair to stand on end. He wasn't sure how to respond as well, mirroring his owner as he whimpered in a way that said Get this thing away from me

She joined him in the chuckle as she looks back and sees Ko all puffed up and continues to chuckle. "Why can you never pick on someone your own size." Ko looks to Freya with a purred meow. She shakes her fur free of puff and spitfires a small ball of fire from her face at Vulcan. "KO..." Looking back at Freya with a pouting face now she perks back up and jumps on Vulcans leg, climbing him like a mountain while they all continued to walk. Eventually getting to his backside she curled into a ball and perked her head up. Freya just shakes her head and looks forward again. "I haven't trained her yet so she is really obnoxious right now. Sorry..." 

After a few minutes of silence, she figured that this was a great opportunity to get to know her father better without all the rage attached emotions... "So where are you and Anna living now, if you don't mind me asking?" She glances back to make sure Ko wasn't being too much of a hassle but she was just chillin there on his back. 

Edited by Freya

Vulcan seemed rather unenthused but the familiar was still running amuck despite what he wished. "At least she has guts, I'll give her that." Nestling between the warm stone crags that composed the frame of the beast. The flame kin looks to its owner, offering another whimper "Don't look at me buddy, guess you are just going to have to deal with it." With a spin of his hammer and a lift, they begin to enter the desert and the heat began to take hold but does little in the way to the smith. Torrential outraging sand does nothing against the steel that covers his frame, perhaps dulling its color but nothing more. "Anna and I live in germany, a small building I own. The ground floor is my workshop, for metalworking. Simple, easy and affordable." He wasn't sure if that was enough if that did it justice. But he knew not how to describe it as an outsider. It was his home and hers despite the size.

ID# 181055 results: Craft: 2 [Safe]

Edited by Griswold

She gives Vulcan a pat on the head to comfort him. "It sounds peaceful compared to where we live. Japan, in some form of Barracks I think. Most nights are loud as shit but our mother had banned us from going anywhere near the noise regardless of what we heard. School and home were all we were allowed to go. I snuck around with my friends to the movies and stuff while she was gone. She never seemed to notice." 

The heated wind seemed to come rather suddenly, she was not used to it. It wasn't burning yet but she was sure that it was going to start. Rubbing her brow now she asks "What exact condition does Anna have? You just told me she was ill and getting better." She wished she knew her little sister. But that was in the past now. All she could do was hope that they all got out of this game so that she could finally meet her. 

ID# 181056 results: Craft: 2 (Safe)

Edited by Freya

Pressing through the sands as they swelled and continued to attack their skin and eyes. "It is peaceful, lass. Japan is quite a way from me. Seems your mother fled to family, which I assumed." He comments in earnest to her own past as well as his own. He knew the mother was a foreigner, but given how their wedding was slapped together due to pregnancy and the simplicity of it made knowing her full past rather interesting. "Sneaking around? Why does it not surprise me that you'd be able to get away with that." He chuckled, but it was a slight insult to the woman that took everything from him. It would have been different with him around, no doubt. "She's racked with Leukemia, the treatments aren't cheap. But I make ends meet, and she's long outlived when she was expected..." His words fall silent, a thought he'd like not to dwell on.

ID# 181057 results: Craft: 8 [No Damage]

Edited by Griswold

"Fled to family...We don't know a single person in that building besides the kids that go to our school. Did..." Confused at the statement. Would they have to get their GED when they got back??? This made her a bit angry but she had to keep her cool...no ironic meaning behind it. She gave him a smile with a slightly nervous chuckle, "Yea I wasn't really the best child but it is what it is." Now thinking she wasn't sure she was the same person anymore. She could see similarities but nothing that was major comparatively. 

She could see that the Anna conversation was getting to him by the way his words dropped. Not able to see his face she says "I know that it is hard right now, but you will see her again. We will be a family again...Maybe minus mom...She doesn't deserve to know Anna." She didn't want to even see her face. The heat flared against her skin but she ignores it...

ID# 181058 results: Craft: 4 (No Damage)

Edited by Freya

"I'd like that, for you and Elda to meet Anna." Griswold mutters as he affirms himself against the pressing sandstorm, still struggling off its effects as it does nothing more then pass over his armor. If anything the forge master was playing the part of a beacon, the kindling upon his shoulders producing a faint bit of light. The heat was nothing compared to Mount Stygian. The glory of living on a floor made of fire is a little heat doesn't bother you. "Still no sign of whatever we are out here for." Griswold remarks in honesty, trying to keep his head on straight. They had something they needed to accomplish so although nostalgia and possibility were a nice addition to the journey, it had to come second to what must be done. Vulcan the very same seemed unfazed by the sand, as he opens his mouth and allows tons of the stuff to flow within its mouth. A nice coating of molten glass that pops like candy, while Ko holds to him like hell using one of his many layers as shelter.

ID# 181059 results: Craft: 9 [No Damage]

Edited by Griswold

Within the conversation, they were having she didn't realize till now that it was dark and who knows how long they have been walking. She found herself walking slightly behind Griswold now to shield her from the sand storm that seemed to be getting heavier the further they walked. Looking to her map at Griswold's comment she says "I am not sure we are close yet but we are walking in the right direction for sure." The green arrow had gotten a bit bigger since the last time she glanced at it. "I still owe you a meal. Like a real meal, not that green stuff," said with a chuckle. "What do you like, I know you said meats but any favorite. Wait, better question, what did you enjoy eating with Anna? Maybe I can recreate it." She glances back at Ko and Vulcan, Ko was making her own shield against Vulcan's coils, and given her size vs his, it was not hard to find cover.  

ID# 181060 results: Craft: 4 (No Damage)

Edited by Freya

"I have no idea where to begin." Griswold recalled all the food that Anna had made, a variable random mixture of who knew what. He was not a man meant to be in a kitchen clearly, steel he got but recipes and all the tiny measurements and requirements had a way of making his head spin. "I am sure that anything you make, I will more than enjoy Freyja. Just try to keep it as food, no weird spices or mixtures that your trying out" The emphasis was due to Anna and her odd creations that were not quite considered food once finished. Looking into the horizon expectantly, finding little more than more sand to meet his vision. "I hope we are on the right track, daylight is fading." Eventually, the day falls too long, and sight lacking forces them to wait for an early morning to continue. At daybreak, they continue the path they walked with renewed vigor and an ability to see.

ID# 181061 results: Craft: 2 [No Damage]

Edited by Griswold

"Okay then, I will make my best steak then," saying with a small chuckle as she thought of how similar she and Anna with the whole experiment aspect of things with food. Something not too bare with just the right amount of seasoning should be more than wonderful. They sit in the storm as Freya starts to nod off. Eventually, she leans on Griswold's shoulder and passes out for a couple of hours.

Waking up they continue the journey what felt like a lifetime in just walking alone. Glancing at the two familiars, they seemed to be doing fine. Ko was still holding on for dear life, still sheltered though. Glancing to her map now she sees that the green arrow was in the same view of where they were located. Looking into the distance she can vaguely see what looks like a large faded icon in the distance. "We are close, just over there..." she points telling Griswold as she found herself almost yelling over the storm that was getting worse. 

ID# 181062 results: Craft: 11

Edited by Freya

"Aye seems simple enough." Griswold remarks at the thought of something as a steak, that he could stomach at the very least. The sands had not let up, the renewed day offered little in the way of respite from the storm. It would appear that they were common practice on this floor, but are nothing more than a nuisance these days to Griswold, they may have posed a threat at one time. His thoughts shift to the plans that litter a table within the forgotten forest, and beneath his breath, he mutters. "What a grand scheme boy." As Frejya gestures to the distance, a single lump in of dark breaks the tan. "Hmm, you think that's it?" he asks of the girl, squinting beneath his visor to attempt to get a clearer look. It looked like a downed carcass with cargo latched to it, like a camel or something that had expired on the trip.

ID# 181063 results: Craft: 5 [No Damage]

Edited by Griswold

A smile was given now that she knew something so simple would be satisfying enough. They come across what looked like a large animal at one point given how large the bones were. A backpack latched to a corpse that was long expired. Glancing at her map, they were right on the icon now. "Maybe, it looks like the right place," she says as she tugs the pack off the dead. Both Griswolds and Freya's HUD chimes at the same time. "WOW, that was really it. A day and night journey here for this pack... We better get something good." She starts thinking now though. This time spent with her father was wonderful. Placing the backpack on one shoulder she looks to Griswold. Right then she runs to him and gives him a huge hug. Her arms almost wrapped around him, and even with his armor is was rather fine. "Thank you for coming with me, I love you Dad." She closes her eyes now enjoying every second.

ID# 181064 results: Craft: 7 (No harm was done this day)

Edited by Freya

"Guess so." Griswold remarks to the completion of the quest as it fades from his reticule, replaced with <<Deliver the Cargo>> as an updated quest. "Looks like we need to head back, but thankfully we can just pop teleports." The smith reminds the girl that it was much easier to return to a settlement. "I doubt we will get anything outside of what the guild can produce." It was what he believed, especially in regards to the second lessons where the smith gave him something he'd already long replaced with something better. It found a trash can faster than it was handed to him, but at the very least it was an experience. He'd gained something much more valuable that day as he more than likely had here. "Any time my dear Freyja." Looming over her he places a soft hand on the aryan topped weave upon her head. With no thanks to that mother of hers, she'd succeeded this. He was glad he was along for the ride.

ID# 181065 results: Craft: 7 [Indeed]

Quest Complete:
Freya:

5*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward, 2 Mega Slime Farm)
<<Survival>> Unlocked
Griswold:
5*SP (1 Thread Length, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward, 2 Mega Slime Farm)
<<Survival>> Unlocked
Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
400*Col (Thread Length)

Edited by Griswold