[F1-PP] A medicine, perhaps worth selling?

Lingering within the walls of the starting city, The black cat peruses the stalls available. She had become a bit of a regular addition here, looking through the wares they had to offer and constantly allowing Appraisal to trigger on repeat. The lotus seeking value, something beyond the standard rabble that most had to offer. But today seemed no luck, such was a fickle fortune. The reason why they were rare, was also making them difficult to obtain.

"A pity, no worth to me kind sir." She comments with a silver tongue to the NPC who was peddling. To the board, she was bored and needed something to occupy herself. Sam had the common affairs of the day to day handled despite some separate task she was working on the side. The twins made it easier to be certain, and there was a coin to be made. After Val Halla she was curious about her own capability.

A simple scroll and twist of its contents, she appears knelt with draping black locks. Onlooking males cannot help but drop a jaw.

Mega Slime Farm Triggered: +2 SP for Thread Closure

Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:76/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Cat
Level: 38
HP: 760/760
EN: 76/76

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 36
Evasion: 1
BLD:12
LD:8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [T1/Rare/Rapier] (Bleed 1 [9-10{12 Dmg over 2}], 1 Keen)
Armor: Dark Leather Bodice [T2/Perfect/LA]: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 5]
Picking [Obtained]
Energize [Obtained]
First Aid [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Assistant

Mods:
Hyperactive
Dismantling

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Misperception [T1/Perfect/Debuff/Instant]*3
Bird Seed (T2/Rare/Snack) Vitality 2*2
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T1/Perfect/Support/Instant] +60 HP*2
The Black Lotus - Expedition [T2/Perfect/Trinket] Recovery 2, Evasion 1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Plant]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Simmone

After her daily morning affairs, she decides to take a walk. The starter city seemed good as ever, a calm environment at the very least. She locks up her house and heads for the warp gate with Ko prancing behind her. She knew that floor one would bring back memories but she was taking the advice of people she cared about. Face her fears, for some reason, she was a bit concerned about being on floor 1 but she had to go there eventually. There were quests that had to be taken that she had yet to do. 

The warp gate flashes her to floor 1 with Ko and she takes a deep breath. Shaking her head she heads straight to the quest board and takes the first one that comes to view. "Look at that beauty...wow," she hears in the distance from some males. A few whistles attached to the comments. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at them. In a moment's time though she sees what the fuss was about. A female with long black hair, walking her way. Walking casually next to her Freya says "Looks like you have the attention of the entire area." A small chuckle escapes her. "I just took a quest, you are free to get out of eyes view with me if you'd like." 

Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:50/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 25
HP: 500/500
EN: 50/50

Stats:
Damage: 15
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grim Reminder - Sorrow (T2/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter (Rank 1)

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27
Silver Band - Farore's Wind: (T1/Perfect/Trinket) Loot Dice 3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

"A quest dear?" Simmone asks the blonde, she knew plain as day the eyes upon her. After all it was the intention, she took pride in her appearance and the gravity it held upon those that fancied it. "I appreciate the attention, it allows me to get what I want. But alas." She pauses as she shifts her attire in a twist and shade of violet. Into a black jumpsuit, that leaves much less than her yukata to the imagination. "They have nothing worth giving, I had no idea what to expect, however. They are nothing more than the commoners here, hiding from the world outside and what they find is usually of the same caliber." she pays them little mind, allowing them to oggle throughout the conversation.

"But you dear, look like you could handle your own. So, where too?" Simmone remarks with a bat of her lash, a new chance at reward had just fallen into her lap. Felix from behind her heel, was eying the girl's own familiar, a new companion? to get into trouble with no doubt.

Ko eyes the ladies familiar now. K was half the black cat size and yet...it didn't matter as Ko runs and jumps at the other Cat playfully. "KO...What the hell," seeing this Freya glances at her tiny cat as the other seems to be playing with Ko in the same fashion. She looks at the lady now with a small chuckle. "Ko is a huge hand full, always biting off more than she can chew." She instantly chuckles again at the ironic statement. She then sends the Lady a quest share and party invite. "Yea I am not too shabby, still rusty and weaker than I want but I am getting there."

The first statement said was oddly agreeable, flirt your way to what you want was something she knew well from back in high school. Suddenly a chill hits the back of her spine. She stops walking for a moment and thinks aiming toward HIM -Stop-... Taking a breath as the chill passes she continues walking. Another chill but this time much more intensified. -DAM IT WHAT THE HELL- she thinks toward him again. All the Lady would see was Freya biting her bottom lip with a squint of her eyes. 

Edited by Freya

Felix was reciprocating the same amount of playfulness, he was a bit of a little tyrant in his own right. "She's quite alright, Felix can take it. I had him get slapped off of my lap by something much larger and he seemed." Another signature pause as she searched her head for the correct phrasing. "Unfazed." Sliding her menu open with her off hand, to her right to left brings it up. A tap of the screen twice accepts both the quest and the party invite. "Now isn't that interesting. Simmoné Escheté of Firm Anima's Provisionalist Division, at your service." noticing the girls guild symbol immediately. "Every time I meet a new face, there seems to be a coin flip involved if they are a member of the guild." She quips at the fact they seemed to be an ever increasing number. "And you are?" The lotus asks with a porcelain white skin hand extends as a greeting.

Edited by Simmone

Glancing back to the playful couple she smiles. "It is nice that she has a playmate now." With acceptance, she glances at Simmone's icon. "Would you look at that? It is very nice to meet another guildmate. I am Freya Maruri... No title yet. Sorta new to the guild, unlike my twin sister. Eruda...You know her?" She takes Simmone's hand and it was very shocking. Static caused her to release Simmone's hand. "I am so sorry, not sure what the hell that was..." she then thought to him -Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you...- Giving a smile to Simmone. "I have only met a few people in the guild so far. Griswold my daddy dearest, Gaius which I share a shop with...Raidou...Freyd. Now you, I suppose. I wonder how many people are actually in this guild." She was now very curious about the count that was unsaid. She begins her way toward the icon slowly enjoying the conversation with her newfound guildmate.

Edited by Freya

"Freya then, something the matter dear?" picking up on the subtle twist in her demeanor, perhaps some figment of her routine bets still held to her fingers. "Hmm? Yes I know Eruda very well, we've been acquainted for quite some time now. A half-decent tank by the look of it, and I knew based on your face that you must have been the twin. Which given that you just called Griswold your father means that." She pauses as she weighs the possibility, Shiina would surely lose her mind if she were present at this moment. "Eruda's father is Griswold, I cannot say that I am surprised. Same temper, same likeability to a shield. Have you seen your old man fight? Or your sister?" Simmone switched straight from outward inspection to a more pressed interrogation on the flip of a dime. "You've met all the heavy hitters, but a couple.." The lotus offered coyly, knowing full well that Setsuna and Kasumi were not in her list and were in fact terrifying.

"Umm, Eruda I have but very little, she helped me with that Warg quest...but she didn't do much but block the dam things." Thinking back to if she had seen Griswold fight. "I don't think I have but I am sure I will eventually. The only ones that I have really seen fight are Gaius and Raidou which are both amazing. There are so many fighting styles and I really hope to see more." She had her own style she was racking up but she would save that for later. "What weapon do you use," she looks up and down Simmone for a moment before saying "You seem like you would use something elegant." The rolling bundles of fun bump into Freya's leg causing her to stumble a bit. "I use a Scythe, actually just got a new one. I am really excited to try it out." She didn't want to pull it out just yet. She didn't want to use too much energy for she still didn't know what exactly was causing her exhaust yet, she didn't want to risk it.

"They are aren't they, Gaius can be a bit of a handful though." Simmone remarks honestly, she knew first hand that although he's a bit of a pain in the ass he was effective when it counted. "There are all kinds my dear, mine?" She offers with a raise of her left hand to produce a rapier, of rather poor quality. "I really should get it replaced, but usually." The lotus lifts her right, a faint glimmer of gold played upon her index and thumb "This is my weapon, which plays out as someone else getting just a bit of a boost when it counts." Recalling just how much she was capable of sustaining the party of six, with a snap of her fingers that wasn't all that difficult to continue. "Then you're looking to get your teeth cut into, and by the look of it." A flare of her iris reads the statistics back to her. "It's your father's work, curious that names and gear all seem to come full circle. The question is when the time comes will you be holding my work?" Simmone remarked coyly in regards to how her craft brought out the best in the wielders.

She chuckles a bit at the Gaius comment. "I am sure that you would be pleased then when you see me and Gaius fight together. We actually make a great team." Rapier...she really was looking forward to seeing all the different styles. "Boosts, does that mean that you play in part of a support. I am still learning the terms." She thinks of her weapon that she got a little while ago that was also from him and the one now. "Yea it seems that everything he makes is brutal as hell at least from what he has made me." Will she be holding her work..."You don't seem like someone who would be into blacksmithing or tailoring. What else is there??" She was very curious to know. Knowing so little about the game itself she only knew of what Raidou did and what Eruda and Griswold did. What more was there... In the enjoyment of this conversation, she was shocked by another cold spike down her spine that caused her to jerk forward a bit...hopefully Simmone didn't notice. She continues to walk and tried to act as nothing happened...Probably a bad idea...

"Let's just say." A slight shift in Freya's frame catches her attention, but she decides to leave the girl be to her own strange affair. "What I make is basically everything they can, but occasionally. I find something that cannot be reproduced easily, about a 1 in 60 chance of getting something interesting. They even have lower odds of being multiple on the same weapon, and that is when you know you found something truly...powerful." Simmone did her best to explain a unique to the girl. "I am a merchant, the best in the business. There are some that come close, but when it comes to chances. It's best to tip the scales in your favor as much as possible." A support? the very notion got caught on her thoughts like glue. "Not quite but I could be called that, what I do is rig the field. Your energy, your health, your damage. I can alter it all, with a snap of my fingers. The damage I deal bypasses all armor, but only on chance. I deal in odds, rolling the dice so to speak. It's funner that way."

It was weird that such things would excite her but she found her eyes gleaming as she listens to Simmone talk. "Oh okay, so you are the one who keeps the team upright while they deal with the damage. Is there a healer in the game...I thought I knew things but I really don't know much at all. I hope to fight with everyone soon." She stops walking realizing that this entire time... she had not a clue where she was. "Ooops," she says laughing now as she checks the marker on her map. Glancing at her surroundings now compared to the map she looks to Simmone. "So I think we overshot just a bit..." as they were surrounded by trees in all directions. "The nav is back that way, I am simply just a cook. Nothing really exciting about that but I sure do love doing it. The looks on other people's faces when they eat my food makes me so happy." She began to walk the other way toward the marker now.

A single spark in the girl's eyes and Simmone knew she had piqued the girl's interest. "Precisely, the trick is knowing which member of the group to focus on. It's more difficult than support, what I do which is why I hesitate to claim it as such. In time, you'll meet them all I am sure. There are many faces you've yet to experience, and for some, I would say that is a blessing." The lotus played with the girl like a cat with a ball of yarn, but it was the truth. Shiina came to mind on that last statement, the girl was a regular dynamo of destruction you simply needed to point in a direction. "It's quite alright dear, just try not to get us too turned around now." knowing full well where they stood, she'd been here a few times before now. But not under this context so it was a curiosity that had no definition yet. In time she'd have what she wished, once the rules of the engagement had been made clearer.

Listening to the interesting content that peaks her ears she looks around for the things they are supposed to be killing. "Oh I'm not lost I don't think?" she says this as a question. Eyes darting around now she hears bushes in the short distance. "Aw see not lost," saying as she pulls out her new weapon just to see a bunny run out. "Fuck you bunny..." as another bush rustles near her now. Picking up a rock now she throws it toward the bush as an odd plant looking creature pops out. She stands there for a moment before 3 more moves toward this one. A grin forms on her face as a black glow and an oozed black mist illuminate from her body. Freya activated concentration as she prepares to attack. A slight mist of white coming from the weapon turns to black.

One spinning strike toward them all, 4 slashed of energy fly through the air toward them. Some faster than the others but popping each one in view. "Just waiting on the big guy..." Freya says sarcastically as she had hoped them to be just a bit stronger than that...

Activates Concentration and Whirlwind

ID# 181066 results: Battle: 3+4=7, Hit! vs Nepents #1, Dealing 15*2=30 Damage, Killing it!
ID# 181067 results: Battle: 9+4=13, Hit! vs Nepents #2, Dealing 17*2=34 Damage, Killing it!
ID# 181068 results: Battle: 5+4=9, Hit! vs Nepents #3, Dealing 15*2=30 Damage, Killing it!
ID# 181069 results: Battle: 9+4=13, Hit! vs Nepents #4, Dealing 17*2=34 Damage, Killing it!

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:43/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:76/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:
Nepents #1 | HP:0/7 | DMG:3
Nepents #2 | HP:0/7 | DMG:3
Nepents #3 | HP:0/7 | DMG:3
Nepents #4 | HP:0/7 | DMG:3

Edited by Freya

Redirecting and looking for whatever culprit waited for them during the quest they were on, to which Simmone was still unsure of the targets. "Adorable." Simmone remarks rather placidly as it rushes past, Felix quickly giving chase to it as it flees the blonde with a scythe. Rising from their flanks were droves of plants with vines for the appendage. "Our targets I presume?" She asks Freya rather loosely as she unsheathes the rapier from her right hip, but before she can attack one wide sweep from Freya reduces them to nothing.

"Well then, looks like your like Megitsune and Sam." Simmone quipped to the girl at her prowess, the weapon being similar and all. "A bit more to go before your quite at their level but a fair show. So secret medicine." She recalled the sheet of paper and its outline. "So this one." Spoken as a different colored one rose from the earth. "Has a drop that I can be some assistance in acquiring. My luck is also unmatched." A high pitched whirl and the nepent proceeds to dig below the ground. "And now we get to the annoying part."

ID# 181070 results: Battle: 2, Missed vs. Nepent Variant, -2 EN

MOB: 5-2=3, Missed vs. Simmone!

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:43/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:74/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:
Nepent Variant | HP:15/15 | DMG:10 | MIT:5

Edited by Simmone

"Oh yea I know Sam but the other I do not. I am not really sure what to think about that one." Commenting on the show Freya brought forward she says "Yea that wasn't even half of what I do but thanks for noticing. These are way too weak for my liking. To give you a full show I need bigger things to beat in the head." She says this with a smirk watching as the big thing comes out from hiding. It seemed as though it tried to attack but nothing actually happened. "What a joke. So let's see you dance lovely," she says with a small giggle as she stays right where she was. She wanted to see even just a piece of what Simmone could do. She twirls her weapon to her other hand watching the thing dig under and around with no real notion ta actually attack.

Freya takes no action

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:44/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:74/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:
Nepent Variant | HP:15/15 | DMG:10 | MIT:5

"I'll hold you to that." Simmone replies rather subtly while she scans the soil looking for her culprit, who continued to burrow outside of sight. It was as if it was frightened, somehow aware that both players involved were drastically over the required level to deal with it. A rapier in her hand she scanned, shifting her feet and keeping an eye peeled to the ground beneath her. Freya seemed to be patronizing her with her words, even if unintentional it was a bit unwelcomed. But the black cat had dealt with her sort before, it was no bother. It would only be a matter of time before the girl's life hung on her hands, being a member of the guild. It would be a shame if she was not healed during a fight when it mattered. The thought was as grim as it was a joke, or was it?

ID# 181073 results: Battle: 3 (Nope)

MOB: 3-1=2, Missed vs. Simmone!

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:44/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:73/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:

Edited by Simmone

Simmone said very little words, was she focused on trying to hit the creature, or was it something she had said...She places her index finger and thumb to her chin and looks slightly up trying to think... Freya's eyes widen a bit as she says "Oh god I didn't you to be the joke, I meant this thing in the ground. It can't make up its mind, I would never think such words of you." It was the truth, she thought Simmone was unique and after the conversation they just had... If the thing just stood still for a moment, just enough for Simmone to attack. She watches the thing under the ground going in what seemed like circles around them. Memorizing its patterns of movement now she gets to where it should be, smashing her hilt against the ground with enough force that causes the creature to burst above ground now. "Served on a platter, try that my lady," she says jumping backward now watching as it tries to get to its feet. 

Acts as a distraction dealing not damage...

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:45/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:73/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:

The girl could get the sense that she had stepped on a land mine. Good. "It's no matter dear." Simmone remarks but it was not so simple to forgive or forget, but she did respect her candor and her perceptions. A dismissal that tints her perspective with doubt, but the girl claims to mean well. Perhaps a more careful choice of words was in order, else she'd draw increased ire from one's with hotter blood. The girl had her uses and was still a member of the guild so just maybe that would allow the hatch an easy burial. As quick as the blonde forces it to pop up, it reburies and scurries away just as quick as it sprung. "Typical, for them to be so damn difficult to pin down. As is all things, unnecessarily difficult for no reason other than for difficulties sake. Our choices? High odds with low output, or low odds with high output. This way is simply more cost-effective."

ID# 181164 results: Battle: 1 (Nope)

ID# 181165 results: MOB: 2-2=0, Missed vs. Freya!

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:45/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:72/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:

Edited by Simmone

Freya watches the thing burrow beneath the ground again. "Shit," as she listens to Simmone. Freya just grins and says "Be that as it may, you fuck up and you get back at it knowing full well that what you did before won't do so you gotta switch it up just a bit. Watch this," she says with her eyes following the lump of traveling dirt. She realized it was going in the same pattern as before. She smiles and waits till it gets close, waiting, waiting, waiting...She strikes her hilt against the ground again but this time as it catapults from the ground Freya quickly shoulder checks the creature, slamming it against a nearby tree making it dazed for only a moment. "It takes only once with the will to do what needs to be done...Pick yourself back up and try again, but this time...strike it hard with that majestic weapon of yours." Freya tries to give words of encouragement... Like Gaius once did for her. She didn't know if she was any good at it but she had to try...

Freya acts as a distraction again...

Player:
Freya | HP:500/500 | EN:46/50 | DMG:15 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1
Simmone | HP:760/760 | EN:72/76 | DMG:1 | MIT:36 | EVA:1 | BLD:12 | LD:8

Enemy:

Edited by Freya