[PP-F22] Shocking Ending (SoTW - Tanuema)

STATS
Buffs Consumed:

• Gold Star Ticket 2/3 Charges Remain: +1 DMG
  • Kobe Steak(Filled): +3 DMG, -45 MIT
  • One Beast's Defiance: Antidote II
  • Udon with Veggies: +2 EVA
  • Ramen and Veggies: +2 ACC
  • T3 Divinity's Wait
Spoiler

Name: Hidden
Level: 65
HP: 1465/1465
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 24
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 5
Accuracy: 6
BH:73
VAMP OFF:146
HLY:8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Nato's Might>> (T2/Demonic/Dagger): HLY II, ACC I, VAMP OFF I
Armor: <<Shadow's Silence>> (T3/Perfect/Light Armor): MIT II, EVA i
Misc: <<Shadow's Blossom>> (T3/Perfect/Trinket): ACC II, EVA I

Skills:
One-Handed Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Hide [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit -

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
Athletics
Precision
Acrobatics
Assassin
Vanish
Ferocity
Blindside
Untraceable

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
T3 Cold Brew Coffee (+180 HP)*5
One Beast's Defiance: Antidote II *5

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

The time had come... the final quest of the group. A concentrated look remained on her face as her and Ayame stood on the quiet and calm Twenty-Second floor. She had almost met her end here before, to the boss of the floor. She had been saved by the very woman that was her sworn enemy. The woman had saved her life only to make it miserable. 

Clenching her fist, she would let out a heavy sigh. Her violet eyes gazed upon the younger girl, who was only slightly smaller than herself. "This time, we can't fool around. One wrong step and one of us isn't leaving this fight." She warned. As sure as she was of her own strength, this battle would be difficult. "Just... stay close and do your best." She grabbed the hilt of her dagger tightly, preparing mentally for the battle ahead. 

Bialas hadn't been easy at all, with its powerful paralyze attacks and immunity to bleed. The electric horse had been the perfect enemy to her current build at the time. Hopefully... the same fate wouldn't be met.

<<Taneuma>>

Advanced Slime Farm Used: +2 SP at end of thread

I silence fell between the two girls as the younger was caught up in her thoughts. After what happened in their last quest, Assassin was feeling awful. She couldn't help but linger on the problems that she was once having. It was clear that Nee-chan was taking this extremely seriously and she didn't want to cause more problems.

"I'll make sure that I don't do anything stupid like I did with the mean kitty." The child said as they made their way towards the quest location. "I remember you saying that we could have problems because the boss is resistant to certain things. My paralyze that I rely on won't work like usual, right? Well, I took the initiative and actually brought a different weapon with a different stunning effect! I'll freeze him solid so that you can hit him really good!"

Assassin held out the dagger she had gotten from the titan of ice. A shard of ice that looks as though it was ripped off the bottom of a ledge. "I won't let him hurt you!"

Spoiler

Name: Assassin
Level: 34
HP: 700/700
EN: 68/68

Stats:
Damage: 13
Mitigation: 30
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
FRZ: 9-10

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Zero Degree Icicle(Dagger): Freeze; Accuracy
Armor: Dark Cloak(LA): MIT II; EVA I
Misc: Fastening Belts(Tri): ACC II; EVA I

Skills:
Dagger [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival

Mods:
Athletics
Finesse <Rank 3>

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal*1
Shadow's Infection: Bld; Para V.; Phase

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Hidden heeded the younger girls words, giving a small nod of acknowledgement. 'Initiative is a pretty big word for a little girl.' Hidden thought, moving forward in silence. Her eyes drifted to Ayame, a slight worry rested in them. 'Am I strong enough to protect both of us? If it was just myself, it might be a different story with my vanish skill but every time I hide it brings her to the front of danger.' 

The battle was going to be decided on the sole fact if she could strike critically and activate holy and vampiric. The extra healing and damage would make everything run a lot more smoothly. 

Stepping through the wooded area, the air became more electric, she could almost feel her heart beginning to race a bit faster from the static in the air. "I am going into hiding now. I think he is just somewhere up ahead." Without a trace, the woman crouched into the shadows and left the visible world. 

181803 LD:3+5=8 Stealth Rating.

As the duo approached the lake where the fight would happen, Assassin could feel the electricity in the air, quite literally. The Taneuma had spawned and was waiting for their challenge. Hidden was doing her usual shtick of falling into the shadows. With how she was warning the girl Assassin knew that it would be best to wait for her to engage with the enemy before she did anything. With nothing else to do, she might as well attempt to move into stealth herself. 

It's something that she herself hasn't done in quite a while. The last time she tried to move into stealth she was pretty good at it, but seeing Hidden fail her own stealth check made her mess up her own chance. Thankfully the electric horse had yet to see them so they still had the upper hand in the fight. If Onee-chan could just get in close and hit it with a good surprise attack this will be easy. Especially if she could follow up with a freeze attack of her own.

image.png

Spoiler

Failed Stealth

As she crouched, the darkness folding itself to conceal her figure. She eyed the young girl beside her, who at least attempted to move into hiding. It was quite obvious that she wasn't doing it to well, the silver-haired woman didn't have to even look too hard to find her. 

The electrity-filled air brought an iron taste to her mouth, the sound of crunching called for her attention. She ducked further into the shadows as the figure of the lightning equine stepped forward. It released a heavy breath, purplish-eyes setting on the woods. Biting her lip, Hidden grabbed the younger girl by her collar and shoved her behind a tree, keeping her from the view of the beast. 

'Shhh'

Taneuma stamped its foot in challenge for its unknown guests, its eyes frantically searched for something that it couldn't see. After a few moments, satisfied with the idea that nothing was near, it turned and began to step away. Brandishing her weapon, a soft white glow began to gleam from the small blade. 

ID: 181972
LD: 15+5=20 Stealth Rating

Clearly having trouble moving into stealth, Assassin gritted her teeth. The Taneuma was searching for it's enemy, clomping around the dirt to keep itself alert. As it turned it's head towards Assassin, the girl was grabbed by an invisible figure: Hidden had slipped into the shadows when she looked away. She grabbed the child by the collar and shoved her behind a tree, shushing her quietly. Thankfully the girls weren't spotted.

One more time, Assassin would attempt to activate her stealth. She hadn't begun investing into that skill yet, so it was difficult to preform but still doable if she focused. Even as she took a moment to draw the energy that she needed to conceal herself, the effect simply rejected her input. She let out a quiet huff of frustration and reminded herself that she needed to invest in sneaking soon. The best she could do now was wait for her sister to go in first and follow up the attack that she makes with the icicle in her hand.

image.png

Stealth failed.

Hidden watched in silence as the girl continually failed to get into stealth. In a hushed voice, she promised Ayame, "It's fine. We'll do it now." She stood, sending her gaze on the large horse that slowly moved away, its hooves pounding in the dirt. Narrowing her eyes, Hidden focused on the target, on its right back leg. Perhaps she could immobilize it by taking out one of its legs on the first strike. 

Darting foward, with her speed she nearly melted in with the wind and shadows, a blur on the battlefield. A powerful slash aimed at its leg, a slash that met its target. However, the target didn't falter at all. A snort came from the beast, as if it laughed at her attempt to take it down. As if it had expected this. The Equine nickered and the electic became far more apparent in the air. A massive light surrounded its body, a wind suddenly pushed Hidden back. A powerful lightning bolt struck the creature, sending a shockwave effect that pushed the dagger-wielder back into a tree. As the light faded, Taneuma stood, lightning arcing around its body. It stood proudly as if awaiting their challenge. 

ID: 181988
BD: 1 (Stealth~Auto-hit)
Sword Art: Eternal Cyclone(x13) ~ 11 EN -1(Nat. Regen)-1 (Well-Rested 2/2)=9 EN used. 
DMG: 24+3(Assassin)=27*13=351-75=276 DMG

ID: 181989
MD: 7+2=9-5=4 Miss.

[1]Hidden | HP:1465/1465 | EN:121/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:146 | HLY:8 | BH:73 | Antidote 2/2
[0]Assassin | 

<<Taneuma>> | 1224/1500 | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

• Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

The child was nothing but backup for Hidden until she could get stronger. She tried again to get into stealth, panicking a little bit as she wasn't able to get it to activate. Hidden leaned in and spoke to her softly, obviously aware of her frustration. She assured her that could simply start now without the need to put herself into stealth.

She could only see blur of her older sister since she was in a party with her, but she was so fast. Assassin was fast, but not as fast as her sister. To keep up, she charged in the moment that Hidden made contact with the Taneuma. The cold steel in her hand was the trump card to fighting with this enemy. If she could activate her freeze, Onee-san could get the upper hand. Yet even though her blade connected things to her flanking attack, she failed to get the stun off the way she did with the Suterusu. Already she was missing Shadow's Infection.

image.png

[1]Hidden | HP:1465/1465 | EN:121/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:146 | HLY:8 | BH:73 | Antidote 2/2
[1]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 60/68 -(8) | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

<<Taneuma>> | 1130/1500 -(169-75) | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

• Conductive: If «Taneuma» rolls a natural attack roll of 9-10 and rolls a 6+ on the CD, «Taneuma» will knock the player with the highest hate into water, then cause a shock to go throughout the water, dealing 300 Unmitigatable damage.

She stood from her crouched position, wiping the dirt from her face. "I don't really care much for flashy entrances." The white-haired girl spoke coldly towards her opponent. It seemed that Ayame got the first move after the Equine had summoned its lightning. Perhaps she hadn't been pushed by the tempests created by Taneuma's lightning. 

"No more of your electric bullcrap." She muttered before charging forward. Instead of striking one of the legs, she slid underneath the beast and slashed at its soft underside. Taneuma snorted in discomfort and began to stamp its hooves to try and crush her underneath its powerful hooves. Luckily, her speed allowed her to avoid the strikes and come out unscathed on the other side. 

Hidden tossed her dagger into the air, catching it in a reverse-grip. "I guess it doesn't matter how powerful you are if you can't touch me." She said in an unenthused tone. Her eyes flicked over to Ayame for a moment, watching to see what she would do. The girl wasn't providing too much in terms of damage, so her usefulness was limited to how often she could get her Freeze activated. Of course, it didn't appear the boss would be hitting her all too often. Her healing would far excel its damage. Such was the nature of the 1v1 build she had created. 

ID: 181991
BD: 7
Sword Art: Eternal Cyclone(x13) ~ 11 EN -1(Nat. Regen)-1 (Well-Rested 1/2)=9 EN used. 
DMG: 24*13=312-75=237 DMG

ID: 181992
MD: 8+2=10-5=5 Miss.

[2]Hidden | HP:1465/1465 | EN:112/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:146 | HLY:8 | BH:73 | Antidote 2/2
[1]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 60/68 -(8) | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

<<Taneuma>> | 893/1500 -(169-75) | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

The two of them had already worked down about a third of the horse's health points in a matter of three consecutive attacks. Even if she couldn't get the freeze effect to work, she was still helping chip away at the Taneuma's health bar for her sister. The more she continued to fight, the less she felt like dead weight. Is this what getting actual experience in fighting is like? With her sword art of cool down she would go straight into another one, keeping up her damage capability as much as possible as to not fall behind. If she did, things could start looking bad for the both of them.

The horse was moving quickly with Hidden's motions, she needed to keep up. The icicle blade she wielded turned red and lashed out against the electric powerhouse. Barely catching it in her wake, she wasn't able to activate the freeze mechanic yet again. Luck really wasn't on her side this time.

image.png

[2]Hidden | HP:1465/1465 | EN:112/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:146 | HLY:8 | BH:73 | Antidote 2/2
[2]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 53/68 -(8)+1 | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

<<Taneuma>> | 797/1500 -(169-75) | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

Notice: Just realized my HP has been documented wrong, it is being fixed in this turn.

Hidden had grown accustomed the the current pace, careful avoiding the lightning and charges the boss produced. She supposed that was thank to her prior experience with Bialas. Her body almost danced around the beast, her being a maelstrom that threatened to consume the Equine monster in front of her. With a flash of orange light, another gash would line itself deep into the side of the monster. The conclusion was near. 

Until the battle changed gears.

The horse had been brought down to half, and suddenly its pattern changed. The beast stamped its hooves, embedding its print into the earth underneath it. With a loud cry of anger, it wildly flailed, sending its back legs into her chest. Sent flying back, she found herself landing in a small flooded area. Dazed for a moment, she was unable to react to the beast's continued charge. The boss reared, sending a large volt of electricity coursing through the water, which traveled directly into her body. Her teeth chattered for a moment as the static rose through her body. Her health took a dip, but no more than she was used to taking.

Wiping her cheek, a small smile came to her lips. "That was an attack that ripped through mitigation huh? Too bad it hardly does anything to those that lack mitigation. I might not take hits, but i'll heal through them.

ID: 182793
BD:6
DMG: 24*13= 312-75=237

MD: 10 CD:11
Conductive~ 300 DMG to Hidden

[2]Hidden | HP:1096/1330 | EN:112/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:133 | HLY:8 | BH:66 | Antidote 2/2
[2]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 53/68 -(8)+1 | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

<<Taneuma>> | 560/1500  | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

Assassin moved on the opposite side of the horse as her sister began facing it head on. Normally, getting on the hind-side of a horse wasn't a good idea lest you felt like getting bucked, but with the aggro mechanics working in their favor, Hidden was the one to get shoved off. As much as seeing her sister get hit pretty hard, she was somewhat relieved that it wasn't her.

The frozen dagger in her hand was feeling useless at this point, but if she had brought Shadow's Infection, it would have been even more useless. The Taneuma was approaching it's final moments. Even with that fueling her want to keep fighting, the system simply said no. Her attack passed right through the Taneuma without making a connection to deal damage. This game was really infuriating some times.

"Nee-chan, you're okay? Let's hurry and finish him off! Then we get that item you want really bad, right?"

image.png

[2]Hidden | HP:1096/1330 | EN:112/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:133 | HLY:8 | BH:66 | Antidote 2/2

<<Taneuma>> | 560/1500  | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

"Nee-chan, you're okay? Let's hurry and finish him off! Then we get that item you want really bad, right?"

The girl's voice averted her attention for a moment, the silver-haired woman's bloodlust fading. "I'm fine. He just got lucky to get me by surprise." She stood, the water rippling from her movements. She didn't enjoy the fact that she had gotten wet, but it would dry eventually. Hopefully it didn't ruin the fabric that hugged her body. The child that had made it was rather... unsavory. 

She stepped from the water, walking towards Tanuema. For a moment, the battle had come to a stop. "He is almost finished. Just keep attacking." Swiftly, she slashed forward with her dagger, however; the beast somehow deflected it by summoning a rush of energy to its front-side. "Interesting." she would tell it. There was no reason for her to be afraid of it anymore. She had now seen its worst. It wasn't even worth worrying over. A few more attacks and the battle would come to its conclusion. 

BD:1

MD:1

[2]Hidden | HP:1096/1330 | EN:91/130 | DMG:24 | MIT:79 | EVA:5 | ACC:6 | VAMP OFF:133 | HLY:8 | BH:66 | Antidote 2/2

Assassin sighed thankfully as Hidden confirmed that she was okay. There wasn't much reason for her to be worrying about her sister, though. She had a job she needed to do to help her out. Gripping the dagger in her hand and swapping it to and underhanded hold, she moved closer to the Taneuma. As she was making her move and her tagger was lighting up red like usual, lightning struck around the horse just in front of her. The girl screamed in shock and fell down on her butt, dropping her weapon right next to her. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment when she realized the scream that she just let out. She sounded like a little school girl getting spooked by a firework or something.

Quickly, she scooped up her weapon and clenched her teeth. She wasn't a coward. How wouldn't you get surprised when lightning nearly struck you down?

image.png

Spoiler

[2]Hidden | HP: 1096/1330 | EN: 91/130 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 5 | ACC: 6 | VAMP OFF: 133 | HLY: 8 | BH: 66 | Antidote 2/2
[2]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 53/68 | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

She stood, nearly face to face with her opponent. The opponent's attacks were... different. Most of them didn't appear to be physical, but instead electrical. Luckily for her, the hum that she could hear vibrate through the air told her exactly when these attacks were coming. She dodged backwards, the lightning missing her completely, but obviously surprising the small girl who had been making her attack. However, she couldn't focus on Ayame. There was a brief moment after attacking that the Equine would have used all its energy. It needed a bit of time to recharge after its electrical attacks. 

Striking with her dagger, its edge would slice through her enemies figure, sending red shards into the air. The horse reared, but Hidden was already several feet away, casually standing and awaiting the beast's next move. She had given too much thought to this battle. She supposed she was still far more than capable of defeating it, perhaps even without her countless buffs. "Yet again, another's life slips away. Your questline was simply painstakingly long." 

ID: 183140
BD:8
DMG: 24*13= 312-75=237

ID: 181992
MD: 7+2=9-5=4 Miss.

[3]Hidden | HP: 1218/1330 | EN: 91/130 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 5 | ACC: 6 | VAMP OFF: 133 | HLY: 8 | BH: 66 | Antidote 2/2
[2]Assassin | HP: 700/700 | EN: 53/68 | DMG: 13 | MIT: 30 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 3 | Freeze 

<<Taneuma>> | 323/1500  | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

Taking a second to recover from the shock of the explosive lightning, Assassin picked herself up off the ground and dusted herself off. They were almost done, then finally they could go home and relax for once. Well, uh... hopefully. Tightening her grip on her dagger, she would make a slash at her target again. The red beam of light was just short of coming into contact with her enemy.

"H-Hold still will you! I just want to activate the freeze!" The girl complained. "Gah! This weapon sucks so much. I miss Shadow's Infection!" It was clear that she was growing used to the paralytic venom that coated that dagger. It was an extension of Hidden's protection that she had relied on since the moment she got it. Without it, she felt completely powerless.

She quickly backed off again, making sure not to get caught in the sudden lightning striking. With any luck, by the next time she attacked this thing would be dead for good.

image.png

Spoiler

[3]Hidden | HP: 1218/1330 | EN: 91/130 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 5 | ACC: 6 | VAMP OFF: 133 | HLY: 8 | BH: 66 | Antidote 2/2

<<Taneuma>> | 323/1500  | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

'All right, Now it is time to bring this entire thing to an end.'  she would think to herself. 

She darted forward, her feet crushing the grass underneath her as she moved as quickly as possible to thrust her weapon into the beast. Her weapon met its mark, the blade sinking in to its virtual flesh. Its health dropped well into the red, sinking lower and lower. She felt the hum of air around her intensify, but she stood strong. Perhaps it would die before the attack animation finished?

Of course, she was wrong. Just like the previous time, a flash of light rained down from above, blasting the woman back once again. The laid in the water, her anger rising as her became a wet mop as she sat there. That would take a bit to dry. The Equine stood there, taking a massive breath, it turned to flee. "Damnit, don't let it escape!" Hidden called out the little girl. 

image.png

[4]Hidden | HP: 1218/1330 | EN: 81/130 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 5 | ACC: 6 | VAMP OFF: 133 | HLY: 8 | BH: 66 | Antidote 2/2

<<Taneuma>> | 86/1500  | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

The battle was drawing to a climax. Just as it seemed Nee-san was going to put an end it, the lightning horse was able to give her a rough kick right back into the water. The moment that it was able to breathe some fresh air from being surrounded, it looked like it was going to sprint off. Hidden called out to her younger sister, pressuring her to make sure that it didn't get away. If she didn't hit it, it would run. If she did, there's a chance she could get stunned.

Panicked and on a short time limit, her body moved before it could think. A quick burst of speed assured her that she would be able to mount the beast. Shocks flew across her body, jolting her from every angle. "You're not going anywhere!" She quickly raised the dagger as the horse sped off at high speed. Just as the dagger plunged into it, her body froze, the boss exploded into blue crystal and Assassin was flung at high speed directly into a tree. The prompt for immortal object appeared shortly as her limp body crashed into the ground. She laid there quietly, unable to move.

image.png

Spoiler

[4]Hidden | HP: 1218/1330 | EN: 81/130 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 5 | ACC: 6 | VAMP OFF: 133 | HLY: 8 | BH: 66 | Antidote 2/2

<<Taneuma>> | 86/1500 -(15x13)-75 | 275 DMG | 75 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | Stun/Para Immunity | Def. Paralyze (9-10)

Hidden watched with relief as the boss finally melted into Data Fragments, carried away by the wind. A sigh escaped her virtual lungs as she found herself finally done with the questline. A completion message appeared before her and she quickly closed it. Her eyes traced the area until she found the figure of Ayame, unmoving resting against the base of a tree. Her health bar hadn't been affected, so the white-haired woman wasn't too worried about her. "That certainly wasn't easy." Hidden said aloud, but quickly covered her bases. "Not the boss of course, just getting all of them done." 

Her eyes looked down to herself, her body soaking wet from the fight that had just transpired. Luckily, the matte colored fabric hadn't been tarnished. Thank goodness, she couldn't risk having to go and see that child again. Of course, that girl was one of Raidou's and therefore she (regrettably) had to ensure her well-being. 

A sound caught Hidden's attention, a light catching her eye. A hammer falling onto the body of Ayame.

I sat there, eyes widened as I watched the man strike the girl, knocking away from the tree and onto the ground. A smile played on the brown-haired man's lips, however; hesitance was obvious in his eyes. I stood, eyes darkening as the bore into the figure wielding the hammer. 

"Hey."

The words were cold, filled with hatred. I bit my own lip, hard enough to draw a steady stream of red shards to flow from it. 

"Get the F**K away from her." The venom in my voice matched my actions. I drew my dagger, dark smoke protruding from the weapon. 

"I'll kill you."

Three words were all I said before darting forward. My figure ripped through the distance between us, an explosion of white light bursting from by body as I prepared to strike down this man. The man that dared to touch someone I cared about. He turned his body, holding his weapon defensively. However, it was clear in his eyes that he was afraid. He felt fear. My dagger pierced forward, aimed at the point in between his eyes. A pressure met my side, and I was thrown into the ground. 

"Damnit Akari, that was way too close!" 

I struggled to lift my head, a paralytic venom coursing through my avatar's veins. My eyes caught sight of another girl, one that had been entirely unseen. "She moved faster than I expected." The man grabbed Ayame by the hair, lifting her small figure up. "Damn, all this just for a little girl." He spat, throwing the girl over his shoulder after ensuring she wasn't still carrying a weapon. "You can't question the money. Let's move, she won't be held down much longer" The woman's eyes traveled over to me.

I attempted to lift my body, struggling against the status effect that prevented me from reaching Ayame. I watched helplessly as they began to move away, taking her away from me. 'Why do they always take away the one's I care about? Why can't I have anybody?' I grunted as I pushed against the effects once more. 'NO. They won't take her too.'

"I'll KILL YOU! I WILL TEAR YOU TO SHREDS, BREAK YOU INTO NOTHING UNTIL YOU SOB AT MY FEET!" 

I shrieked these words, tearing at my own vocal cords. However, despite my own protests, I was held firmly still by the effects of the game. 

The shock of being slammed into a tree put Assassin into a daze. Sure there was no actual sense of pain in the game, but her vision was blurred and spinning. Thankfully, her attack sent the stallion packing back into forms of data. With that done, she could finally just relax. The girl dropped her head to the ground and just breathed.

Until the massive two handed hammer collided with her back. "Kah-!" Assassin spit on contact. Her health bar slowly dropped into the yellow and she could see the status marking her stunned. Her vision was still blurry. As she was picked up from her prone state, the child let her precious dagger slip, sinking into the dirt. She couldn't move no matter how hard she tried. Hidden would attempt to make a move to save her, but there was more than one. The woman paralyzed her. Weakly, she would hold out her hand to her sister as the goons began to walk off with her. "N-Nee-san... H-Help me..." And then, they were gone.

Spoiler

Rewards:

SP: 6 (4 quest; 1 page; 1 bonus)
Col: 6,200 each

Both Hidden and Assassin unlock the Scent of the Wilds totems