[SP-F6] The Same Raven, Nevermore <<Calming the Soul>>

Dazia had heard of a mysterious waterfall, so she was going to head over there. If it was as calming as she'd heard it was, perhaps she had use for it. She wouldn't go unarmed, of course. This was a death game. "Alright, might as well see if this rumor holds itself to be true..."

Upon arrival, she felt something strange, like an unnatural sense of serenity. "This is new..." She admitted aloud. The crashing sounds of the waterfall, the gentle white noise of the flowing stream that followed it... Dazia became uneasy over the clashing mentalities. She was tense and alert, but somehow she was being lulled into a state of rest... Against her better judgement, she sat down on a flat stone that was practically waiting for her, from what her new thoughts were suggesting. She felt the tension in her begin to recede, and she couldn't stop herself from closing her eyes...

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  29
HP:  600(Base[580], Athletics[20])
EN:  58
DMG:  11(One Handed Rapier Rank 5[+5], Shadowdance[+4], Athletics[+1])

MIT: 48(Raven Shade, Light Armor rank 3)

ACC: 2(Shadowdance, Corvid's Eye)

EVA: 2(Raven Shade, Corvid's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Shadowdance(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

[T2]Raven Shade(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

[Tierless]Corvid's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA)

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 3(+12 Mitigation)

Mods:

Athletics(+20 HP, +1 DMG)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness.

This was all she saw when she opened her eyes, it was like she had been asleep for hours, and now she was waking up, and yet seeing nothing. Darkness suddenly became a shadowed void, a mysterious form of space, with traces of dark red, dark violet, and other such colors, still few and minuscule in comparison to the vast black void. "...Where...am I...?" Dazia asked herself. She was indeed still on the stone she sat upon, but she could not tell if it was safe to step off, as it was the only surface she saw. Was there nothing else in this place? Was she simply dreaming or hallucinating? Suddenly, she felt the stone move, and she sat right down to avoid falling off and into the abyss. The stone she sat on continued to move for some time, and Dazia closed her eyes again, hoping this wasn't real.

Dazia opened her eyes again, but there was only the same void she was moving through, and the stone was still moving in a certain direction...but now there was something else in sight. A path of sorts, of gravel, soil, and black stone. The waterfall stone she was sitting on stopped at the beginning of this unusual path. Perhaps it was time to get off the stone.

She got off the stone, and it disappeared. No turning back now... She walked along the path for what seemed like half an hour, and then she saw a far more complex landscape ahead. There were many paths in many directions, floating black stones and dead trees, all on large chunks of land that seemed to be floating around in this shadowed void. This didn't look like it was a part of Aincrad, so where was she now? She still had all her gear equipped, so she must still be in the virtual world somewhere. Did she trigger a rare event that takes her out of Aincrad and into another world entirely? Is this all a glitch?

Dazia slowly continued walking until she reached the first floating isle. It was fairly flat, and had little other than dead trees, and gravel mixed with black sand littering the surface. Ravens were perched upon the trees, but how could they survive without a food source? One flock looked over to Dazia, as if they recognized her...but that couldn't be right. She continued exploring the isle, and found a strange figure off in the distance. This female figure looked shockingly like Dazia, but the hair was blonde and she wore white. Dazia rubbed her eyes and looked again, but the figure wasn't there, only a white raven with a blue aura flying off into the distance. She decided to follow the direction where the white bird had flown, as to investigate the unusual situation further. Maybe she would find out why and how she got here, and what she should do next.

Dazia continued on, but then she saw another figure. This one had blood red hair, and aside from the shadowed, fallen-reminiscent garments she wore, also looked a lot like Dazia. She could see the figure smirk, them gesture for her to follow, and suddenly the figure was gone, there was a shadowed raven with a blood red aura flying off... What was the significance of those birds? Did they have any connections to the figures she saw? She would follow the direction in which the raven had flown off, and find a floating stone. She would step onto it, and it would start moving. She sat down on it, and the stone would slowly bring Dazia to one of the other isles. This one was much larger, and might have more answers if properly explored...and yet, Dazia was uneasy about it all. Where even was she? Why was she going deeper into this strange world?

This larger isle might not have had much to explore as there was little other than the previous landscape surrounding some kind of miniature mountain, in which there seemed to be an entrance to it. There it was, a large wooden double door with two pillars near it, the metal on the doors were black iron, and two black creatures were standing guard. The creatures had crystalline eyes- no, they were literally made from deep red gemstones. These things also had ebony beaks lined with teeth, a grotesque, bulky figure, and instead of arms or wings, there were blades attached to black iron chains. The two creatures looked at Dazia, and for a moment she was frightened. However, the creatures did nothing but look at Dazia. Was she allowed to enter the room they were guarding? So many questions and too little answers, and what even waited for Dazia inside the isle? What even are these monsters that stood guard, and yet were not showing any form of threat or hostility towards Dazia?

Dazia kept her distance for about two minutes, before slowly walking towards the door, ready to leap back at a moment's notice. The creatures simply watched her. She stared at the door, unsure of what was inside. The creatures simply stared at Dazia. She opened the door just a crack, and peeked inside. The room was vast but empty, save for two doors and a dark figure. The creatures simply watched Dazia, they did not try to pull her away or push her inside. She entered the room, and the creatures did not close or lock the door. She let out a sigh of relief that these creatures weren't hostile. She then looked over to the two doors and the figure. What was this figure, and where did those two doors lead? "I've got a lot of questions." Dazia stated to the figure. "Where the hell am I, how did I get here, and how do I go back, or is there a better way out of the hellhole I was in before finding myself here?" She demanded.

The figure smiled, but the expression made Dazia feel rather uneasy, despite the fact that she and her own expressions refused to show it.

"So you've come at last...Yes, I'm sure you have many questions, but you must go. Enter one of these doors, and fight the creature that awaits you within. You have much to know, and much to understand, but you are free to simply rid this world of the creatures entirely, if you so wish. This world is in a state of conflict and turmoil, only you can help it to settle, at the very least. Turn the tide, make your choices, change this world, and quite possibly your own self." The figure explained. Whatever did it mean? Now Dazia had more questions than answers.

Two doors, each with a different design. One door had the image of a black falcon upon it, while the other seemed to depict a minuscule white raven. So many questions...but the priority question was a choice, and Dazia would have to think about this one carefully...

Which Door will Dazia open?

-The Falcon Door

-The White Raven Door

Selected: White Raven Door

Dazia thought about this choice. If there was a creature she had to fight, it might be better if she could understand her potential enemy. The falcon may be a worse opponent than the smaller bird, so it may be a better choice to fight the weaker creature first.

She opened the White Raven Door, and when she looked behind her after the door was closed, the door suddenly wasn't there. No turning back, it seemed. The area Dazia was now in seemed to have a violet, overcast sky, and the area around seemed to be some kind of alleyway...except it was some kind of rectangular arena styled like an alleyway. Thunder crashed, a purple light flashing from nearby lightning. Dazia heard some childlike sounds from a black brick wall that added more to the atmosphere of the area, it wasn't like it was a cheap, simple area that this was. "So...you wanted to face me, then?" A soft, female voice spoke. A tiny girl came into view, walking away from the cover the brick wall provided, and Dazia was confused.

"...What the..."

[Spawned Inner Demon 1b]

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 58/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Ariaphi: HP 150/150, 39 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Dazia

The tiny girl didn't smile, but it seemed like a situation where she should if she really was an enemy. "Not what you were expecting? Well, you will know soon enough." She remarked. the girl's shadow spread throughout the arena, and leaped out from the ground like several spears, and each point jabbed at the ground. "Don't think brute force alone can let you win. Weakness exists in everyone, but not everyone is willing to accept it..." The girl said as an HP meter filled up above her, the name being <<Ariaphi>>. Dazia realized that this girl was the creature she just chose to fight...so if it was a fight she wanted, it was a fight she would get. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Weakness is temporary." Dazia claimed. With that, she drew her weapon, and attacked with Over Radiation. The creature's HP hit zero before it had a chance to retaliate. "I knew it...you'd never accept it as long as you hold them all deep inside...stop hiding it...for your own sake..." The tiny creature shattered, leaving Dazia to her...surprisingly easy victory. "Well...how about that." Dazia remarked.

35 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

ID# 181961 BD: 7+2=9(hit), MD: 8-2=6(hit)

Over Radiation: 11x14-3=151

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 44/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Ariaphi: HP 0/150, 39 DMG, 3 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia would look around her, and suddenly a door appeared. Dazia would exit through the door with haste, but rather than finding herself back in the room she was in before, she finds herself on an entirely different area of this unusual world altogether.

The figure with the blood red hair was there, smirking. "Nice work back there." She remarked. "You taught that thing a lesson, that you'll never show weakness, no matter what happens. I'm impressed... But this is only the beginning, these guys are only going to get more aggravating. A word of advice: If you want to get ahead around here, try going for the Flock Door next. You'll thank me later." She added. With a cackle, she would jump off the land, and there was that raven with the blood red aura again, flying off from where Dazia last saw the mystery woman. What a suspicious individual she was, though...

Dazia continued along the path before her, the only one, in fact. Same dark space, different isles...granted, they were still consisting of black stone, loose gravel, black sands and dark trees which were rarely still living. On one of the isles Dazia explored, there was another figure. She did seem to look like Dazia, save for the violet hair and magenta eyes. Why so many figures looked like her was unknown, maybe she would figure all of this out soon. This figure was laying down in the black sands, but now she was getting up, looking Dazia right in the eyes. "Is...is it really you?" The figure asked. "Um...I think the question is, who are you?" Dazia countered. She looked this figure up and down, seeing on her a black hoodie with a violet star on its center, and a casual black skirt with pink accents. It was a fairly cute outfit, but even with the black, Dazia would rather not be seen in such apparel herself. "...Fair sense of style, though. Not like I'd ever wear that, but..." The figure chuckled. "Don't worry about it, relax... I won't reveal who I am just yet, it might be fun to let you figure it out." She said with a wink. This couldn't possibly end well...but maybe there were questions this figure could answer...

"Um, ok...but...earlier, I saw some strange things. Creatures with gemstones for eyes, and chains with weapons for arms...what...even are those? I mean, you're from around here, right? Do you know what they are?" Dazia asked. "Ah...you mean the Obsidians? Yeah, they're around for a reason...but you shouldn't have to worry about them, they've been guarding us for a while. The unending conflict has really taken a toll on this world, but it still looks pretty much the same. We built them, they keep this place from being overrun with conflict. It's been really peaceful around here as a result..." The figure explained. So that's what the creatures were...they did look like actual creatures, despite the chain-weapon-arms, the gemstone eyes, and the fact that this figure literally told Dazia that they were built...like...semi-organic constructs. How were they given consciousness? "So...they're all just guards, then?" Dazia asked. "You could say that...but there's this friend of mine who they don't like, they always try to scare her off, and attack when she stays anyway." The figure answered.

Edited by Dazia

"A...friend?" Dazia asked. "I've seen one and met another who look similar to you. One was blonde, and the other had blood hair." The figure was ready to answer. "Blonde, definitely the blonde one. Niguine is no friend of mine." She declared. "Niguine Sangrum, not a friend...was she the one you met, by any chance?" She inquired.

"Yes." Dazia answered. "Is that a bad thing?" She asked. "Not really, she's just not a friend of mine...yet. She has her own fun side, but she's more willing to kill Obsidians then my friend." The figure explained. "She's killing Obsidians?" Dazia asked, sort of concerned. "Yep, she kills them a lot. Ever wonder why this land isn't crawling with them? They were before, couldn't see any spot where an Obsidian wasn't patrolling...and uh, Niguine's actually an enemy of my friend, so you can see where that would make some complications..." The figure said with a smirk and a shrug.

"...Right...any clue where the next door is? I was recommended to the Flock Door." Dazia asked, trying to get back on track. "Wait, you're challenging the beasts' trusted Aides?" The figure asked. "My friend keeps rambling about the larger beast, how it's never really in check...I mean, it is one of the reasons the Obsidians exist, but many of them get killed when they try to restrain it." She explained. "Well, she keeps staring at the doors leading to where that beast's Aides wait for the challenge...in this case, it would be the Eye Door. It's actually right beside the Flock Door, so it's generally hard to miss if you're heading to where the Flock Door is found, anyway." She noted, while pointing in a single direction.

"Thanks for the help, I guess..." Dazia remarked. Suddenly, the figure wasn't there anymore when she looked back to say goodbye. Instead, there was a raven flying off, easily spotted due to the magenta light trail it left behind.

Beasts...what kinds of beasts were the opponents serving? Dazia had a bad feeling about this...and yet she pressed on, anyway.

She would step onto another floating stone, and would be brought over to the next floating isle. This one had more living trees, and there was some other creature aside from ravens, and the occasional Obsidian. This creature seemed to be a tiny Wyvern, and it stared at Dazia before casually flapping over to a tree, as if there was nothing to worry about. She would wander this isle until she found the door on its mountain, guarded by Obsidians like the last one. The Obsidians watched Dazia enter, and in the vast room, there was that dark figure again, the one from before. It was the same one, she was sure of it! 

Nevertheless, there were two doors, one depicting an Eye with wings, and the other depicting a Flock of Ravens. Another choice. She would need to think about this carefully...

Which Door will Dazia open?

-The Eye Door

-The Flock Door

This would not be an easy choice to make. Dazia knew that Niguine recommended Dazia opened the Flock Door, but with the other door being stared at by the other individual, well, what was there to go off of? Niguine was rather suspicious, yes, but Dazia hadn't even met the other. Could she really be trusted? Could the girl who befriended her be trusted? Both Niguine and the other killed Obsidians, the guards of this world...but...Niguine attacked them outright, and the other stood there until aggro was pulled...maybe she should give the other door a chance? ...No, she had to be rational about this. She knew she would probably be facing something far worse than the tiny girl that controlled her own shadow, regardless of which door she opened, but...it was a more difficult choice than she thought it would be... No, it was a choice she needed to make, and she needed to decide now. "Sorry Niguine, I'm opening the Eye Door."

Selected: Eye Door

-Route has become Neutral

Dazia walked over to the Eye Door, and opened it. No turning back, she'd made her choice. The room she was now in seemed to be some kind of...what kind of place was this? There were iron spikes all over the area, forming a ring that must have been the arena for the monster. She looked, and saw a grotesque atrocity with one large black eye, and four smaller red eyes. It also had six tentacles and the legs of a spider, not to mention the horns of a bull. "Ok...what the hell are you?" Dazia thought aloud. The creature looked down upon Dazia. "I am Uukatar, enslaver of all. Submit, or feel torment." Dazia scowled with disgust. "I will never do such a thing. No one will tell me what to do." She declared. "So the only one I respected is with you, and claims I should die? ...Perhaps this is a test of sorts, whether it is for you, or for me. I do not intend to lose, so you better give it your all if you are to keep this precious free will of yours." Uukatar remarked.

[Spawned Inner Demon 2a]

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 58/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Uukatar: HP 200/200, 52 DMG, 4 MIT

Edited by Dazia

A HP bar appeared over the monster, and displayed its name, Uukatar. Time to fight...

Dazia rushed in to attack with Over Radiation, but the monster's tentacles intercepted. One tentacle grabbed Dazia, another one disarmed her, and then the one that grabbed Dazia slammed her down on the ground. It probably would have dealt more damage if she was slammed down on the spikes, but the creature probably didn't want to risk taking damage from the spikes from making contact with the spikes himself. "Why don't you just throw me next time? Your damage is pitiful, at least make it a challenge for me!" Dazia called out, attempting to irritate the monster to acting irrationally. Unfortunately, the Uukatar was not fooled so easily. "Violet, you foolish girl, you really think I would fall for the tactics of rage, the same taunts you fall for? Service is its own reward. In fact, I will return your weapon to you...if you pledge yourself to serve me. I have hold of you, and you will not escape my grip so easily!" Dazia grimaced. "Damn it..." She thought. "Maybe I should have opened the Flock Door after all...."

ID# 181978 BD: 1(Crit. Miss), MD: 8-2=6(hit)

Dazia: HP 596/600EN 56/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Uukatar: HP 200/200, 52 DMG, 4 MIT

Edited by Dazia

How did this thing even know her name? How was it intelligible enough to see through Dazia's attempted strategy? "How the hell do you know my name?" She demanded.  "Yes....you are Violet, aren't you? Violet Grace. I should have known...perhaps I can finally be the master, for once! I will rule over all of The Nevermore! I will become the master now! So submit or perish!" The creature uttered out. "F*** you!" Dazia called out to the creature. It had pulled her close to its central eye, so she punched it, and the grip on her was loosened. She quickly got herself out of that mess, and Uukatar tried to use Dazia's own weapon against her. It failed miserably, as Dazia simply leaped onto the appendage and took her weapon back from the tentacle that handled it so poorly. A pair of arms with hands that bore sharp claws came into view. "Time to stop going easy on you, your little tricks will not save you now!" The monster claimed.

ID# 181979 BD: 3+2=5(miss), MD: 3-2=1(miss)

Dazia: HP 596/600EN 56/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Uukatar: HP 200/200, 52 DMG, 4 MIT

Edited by Dazia