[SP-F6] The Same Raven, Nevermore <<Calming the Soul>>

"This doesn't answer my question." Dazia declared. "You somehow know my name, my real name. How the hell do you know it?" She demanded once again. The large eye of the beast seemed to have glee. "Ha...aha...Hehehahahahahaha!!!!! You don't even know where you are! Ah, this is perfect! Surely all of The Nevermore will be mine! AAAAAAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!" The creature gloated. "Gloating, are you?" Dazia muttered. She smirked. "This will wipe whatever your smile is off your face...if you even have one." She then attacked with Over Radiation while her foe was busy laughing. With the amount of damage she dealt, the monster probably wouldn't be laughing any more. Its central eye started to glow, and suddenly Dazia was blasted by a dark energy. The damage was still minimal, however.  "You haven't seen the worst of me!" Uukatar claimed. "But I can show you the worst of me, if you don't accept this counteroffer..." Dazia warned, with hatred in her voice. "Accept that you will never rule over all, especially not over me, and maybe your soul, should you even have one, could be shown mercy..."

ID# 181980 BD: 7+2=9(hit), MD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Over Radiation: 11x14-4=150 Damage to Uukatar

Dazia: HP 590/600EN 43/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Uukatar: HP 50/200, 52 DMG, 4 MIT

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uukatar was showing signs of fear now, it had been intimidated. The Damage Dazia had dealt in her attack, and the threat of her fury, it seemed to be enough for the monster to become cowed. "P-please...spare me...I don't even need to rule The Nevermore, just spare my life!" The creature pleaded. Dazia thought about it for a moment, there was no need to use her strongest sword art to finish this battle. "Uukatar...you know I can't. If it makes you feel any better, I'll do it without anger...this was a fight of kill or be killed. We both knew the risks when preparing ourselves for this." The creature could hardly believe what it was hearing, and yet it was true. Dazia attacked using the Sword Art known as Neutron, and she did so with a smile on her face. When there was nothing to fear, she could remember...this was only a game. This creature...it didn't know any other purpose than whatever had taught it. Such is life, such is fate. But she knew that if it had only taken a different road, it wouldn't have come to this. "Goodbye, Uukatar."

20 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

ID# 181981 BD: 4+2=6(hit), MD: 1(Crit. miss)

Neutron: 11x5-4=51 Damage to Uukatar

Dazia: HP 590/600EN 39/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Uukatar: HP 0/200, 52 DMG, 4 MIT

Edited by Dazia

The Door opened, and Dazia returned to the strange world. She saw the blonde figure waiting for her. "You're the friend of the purple haired girl, right?" Dazia asked her.

"Indeed I am. I am Luxalba. Congratulations on showing Uukatar the error of his ways before destroying the monstrous shell that was the only vessel he ever knew. Umbra-ira Natus only wanted to hate him, and it showed during the battle. She never wanted him to rule over The Nevermore..." The figure explained.

"The Nevermore...what is it, by the way?" Dazia asked. "It is this world which we are in right now. It came into existence only twenty years ago. It is called The Nevermore because there is nothing like it, and there will never be such a world again." Luxalba answered. "...Makes sense, I suppose...but it's only been around for twenty years? How is that possible? Look at this place, there's no way it's only twenty years old." Dazia claimed.

Luxalba made a slight smile. "Not all things must be told, some must be learned. Not all treasures and gifts are simply given, they must be earned." She said in response. "The knowing will come. The choice is yours when you reach it, but if you wish to face one of my adversaries, open the Crow Door." 

With that, Luxalba bid Dazia farewell, and leaped off the isle, and there was that white raven with the blue aura again...were these figures turning into ravens, and then back to human figures again? The Nevermore really was a strange world... Well, Dazia had her next hint, the Crow Door...but rather than outright being recommended, Luxalba seemed fine with Dazia making her own choice. Was this genuine, or an attempt to draw Dazia towards her side with false trust? There was nothing more that the single path that led to the next isle for the moment, so there was time to ponder over what opinion to form about that individual...

In the next isle, there were jagged stones littering the land, along with all the prior traits of The Nevermore's isles, the black stone, the loose gravel, the black sands, the rarely living trees, the small wyverns, the ravens, and the Obsidians. As Dazia was passing by one of the jagged stone formations jutting out of the ground, she noticed another figure that she was passing by. This figure had silver hair, an indigo cloak, and, like the other figures, looked a lot like Dazia....but why? What did this all mean? "Who might you be?" Dazia asked, initiating conversation in hopes of getting more information on The Nevermore, as well as the creatures and potential enemies that dwell within. "Oh...n-nobody special, Violet... Ah, not that my name is Violet! I...well, it kind of is and yet isn't, I... S-sorry, Violet..." The figure uttered out. Understandably so, Dazia was very confused.

"How...do you know my name?" Dazia asked. "Oh...you must not know where you are...if only I could tell it to you straight, I would...but I'm not supposed to..." The figure noted. So The Nevermore, the scenery, the name, and the denizens that dwell within...they were the only hints. Dazia was getting rather suspicious of all this...this had to be some kind of dream...right? She had to be, she must be dreaming at the waterfall! ...But then wouldn't she be hearing the sounds of nature, the waterfall, the stream, and the occasional rustle of flora? She could hardly tell. As Dazia pondered the possibilities, and even the upcoming choice, suddenly one of the jagged rocks fractured and fell apart. Dazia was a bit startled, though not nearly as startled as the figure. The figure took a few seconds to breathe and calm down. "Ah...is there something you need help with?" The figure asked Dazia, looking concerned.

"The Nevermore. Can you tell me about it? What other creatures live around here? There are also two doors up ahead, which one would you think I should choose, and why?" Dazia asked. The figure was clearly not expecting this many questions. "A-are you sure you want to ask me all of these questions? I um...sure, I can tell you some things... The Nevermore...is a world of darkness, matching the soul of its ruler, who is...very wise indeed, and we're all content with her rule...but by her side is a beast who the Obsidians have trouble keeping in line, and the unending conflict began with a simple question...'What is the best way of life?' This question started the unending conflict, and there have been...invasive individuals. Some of them were welcome, but others were not...it would be nice if I didn't have to keep watching my back, especially not alone...Ariaphi usually met with me around this time, I wonder what happened..." She rambled.

This figure was awfully chatty when not having much to worry about, it seemed...and she also liked to share so much of what worried her. "Anyway, you wanted an opinion on the doors? Well, I saw one of my occasional assailants enter the Crown Door some time ago, m-maybe you could investigate there? ...Ah, I'm sorry for rambling on so much, but are you content? This is...all I'd be allowed to say..." The figure finished. "I'm content...enough...I'll just be on my way now, goodbye." Dazia stated, ending the conversation. The figure transformed into a raven and flew off, but was constantly dropping feathers. That couldn't be good for her in the long run... Well, it was time to move on. Not all of the questions were answered, but now sh knew what both doors were. The Crow Door, and the Crown Door. Someone who was harming the figure Dazia just met was last seen entering the Crown Door, so that might be reason enough to enter it, if she wanted to do some good for another...maybe. Then there was also Luxalba's suggestion. Figures, she was still left with another choice...

Luxalba was hoping Dazia would open the Crow Door, and the timid figure recommended that Dazia investigate the Crown Door. What could be next? With the possibility of foreign invaders to The Nevermore, who knows what would happen. The Nevermore seemed dark and mystifying, but perhaps it had a beauty of its own unique sort. Maybe she could get something out of playing a part in this unending conflict... She would continue on exploring until she found another floating stone for her to take as transport to the next isle. She sat down on it, and she would be brought over to the next isle.

The next isle actually had grass. It was a deep bluish-violet color, however, so nothing that was easily recognizable. Dazia would explore this isle until she found another double door guarded by Obsidians. They would watch Dazia enter, but nothing more. Another empty room, same dark figure, two different doors...and one choice to make. Dazia would need to think about this one carefully...

Which Door will Dazia open?

-The Crow Door

-The Crown Door

Selected: Crown Door

She thought for a moment, then she decided to open the Crown Door. When the door closed, she found herself in a very out of place room, like it didn't belong in The Nevermore. Invasive light shone down from above, and the materials making up most of the room were not black stone and iron, but white marble, crystals, silver and gold. The room looked very regal, as if a noble of sorts had made this their base, and this was its throne room. On the throne was a familiar blonde wearing an extravagant dress...no, it couldn't be... "Princess? What the hell are you doing here?" Dazia exclaimed. After some seconds of silence, the enemy spoke. "Darkness shall be purged, there will only be light. The Nevermore has no place in this Universe..." The foe got up from the throne, and a gleaming blade with a golden, jeweled hilt materialized in her hand. "This world has only caused pain for others, it must be destroyed, as it cannot see reason!"

[Spawned Inner Demon 3b]

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 58/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Krystalla: HP 300/300, 77 DMG, 6 MIT

Definitely an enemy, definitely an enemy!

A name appeared over the HP bar that filled up just before the enemy turned hostile: <<Krystalla>>. Dazia quickly drew her weapon, ready to defend herself. She attacked with Over Radiation, and rolled to the left to dodge her enemy's attack. Dazia's cursor color didn't change, so this clearly wasn't Krysta. Dazia decided to let her anger out on this false player. "You really think you can just destroy whatever you don't like? At least I make sure I have a valid reason to kill someone before doing so!" She called out to her foe. Krystalla glared at Dazia. "So it is you, Dazia...you murderous atrocity. I shall vanquish you!!!" The false noble declared. Well, if anything, this aggravating woman sure acted a lot like Princess... "Then just try and come at me, I'll kill you where you stand if you do!" Dazia warned.

ID# 182015 BD: 5+2=7(hit), MD: 4-2=2(miss)

Over Radiation: 11x14-6=148 Damage to Krystalla

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 44/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Krystalla: HP 152/300, 77 DMG, 6 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Krystalla readied her weapon, and attempted a flurry of attacks, even to the point where she was interrupting one of Dazia's attempted attacks. "Hold still so I can rid the Universe of you and your evil!" Krystalla called out. "Never, you bi*ch!" Dazia responded. "You've been nothing but an aggravating thorn in my side ever since we first met! You've always been trying to kill me whenever you had a legitimate chance! Well, now's the time for me to get my revenge! I will completely destroy you!!!" Dazia declared, her rage building. One vengeful Princess was more than enough, Dazia was getting rid of this copy, no matter what. Here she was, ready to destroy this creature that dared to call Dazia evil, after all that she'd done against Dazia and The Nevermore. She didn't even care that Krystalla recognized her, she just wanted her dead. No more running, just fighting.

ID# 182016 BD: 3+2=5(miss), MD: 3-2=1(miss)

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 43/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Krystalla: HP 152/300, 77 DMG, 6 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Hatred. There was nothing else for this moment. "I am going to enjoy this..." Dazia smiled, and charged up her attack. "You will be defeated, and The Nevermore will never bring harm or woe to anyone ever again!" The foolish copy of Krysta claimed. The full fury Dazia held against Krysta was now fully visible, along with much of her general hatred and fury. "You think you can kill me, but at the rate this is going, to continue your assault will only end in...death. In all honesty, I'll just kill you anyway. You're nothing but a childish little girl who could never get over her damn fantasies of 'Light and Purity'. They never existed to begin with. There will always be darkness, there will always be evil, and there will always be those who stand with or against it. There is no good without evil, but it is up to those who carry it who choose whether or not it will flourish. And you are among the few who unwittingly serve evil in your grand fantasies of perfection...so now...DIE." Hatred...pain...Revenge. "You will never prosper, Demon of Wrath!" Krystalla declared in response to Dazia's words. Dazia unleashed her hatred in her attack, and Krystalla wasn't simply defeated...she was destroyed to the point where there was hardly anything left.

And breathe....it was over... "I can only hope that my fury got its fill, and that I've vented out enough to stay calm..." Dazia thought.

It hadn't.

110 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

ID# 182018 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG), MD: 7-2=5(miss)

Over Radiation: 13x14-6=176 Damage to Krystalla

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 43/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

Krystalla: HP -24/300, 77 DMG, 6 MIT ERROR ERROR

Edited by Dazia

Dazia scoffed. "Not even the real Krysta would call me a Demon...though I could definitely see her calling me one..." The light of the arena faded, and it started to crumble. The place was collapsing. The Door appeared, so it was time to escape back to The Nevermore.

Dazia would find herself on another Isle of The Nevermore, and Niguine was waiting for her. She was watching a floating palace crumble into nothing; the arena Dazia had just won a battle in. "Hell yeah, it's about time!" Niguine called out. "Finally, The Nevermore is rid of that bi*ch! Thank you, oh, thank you!"

"I didn't do this for you." Dazia noted. "But hey, it's a win-win situation. We're rid of her, and so are you." Niguine remarked. "I'll leave the last decision up to you, though, I don't have any more targets for you to kill for the rest of the doors' linear path. If you want to become fearless, go into the Dove Door. If you want to have some last words with someone you haven't seen in years, be it conflict or peace, go into the Dragon Door. Anyway...nice work, again. Come see me when you've chosen and faced your next opponent, I'll be waiting for you, as I'll have one last favor..." After the explanation, Niguine cackled, and leapt off the isle, only to transform into a raven again and fly off.

Edited by Dazia

Just as suspicious as the last time...but she used the same trick as Luxalba did when giving her suggestion...maybe she had some use for Dazia choosing either opponent, she even gave some details... Courage, or the Past...that was the choice.

Regardless of what the decision would have to be, she would need to proceed on to the next set of doors to do so, or even get some more answers on The Nevermore. The pieces were slowly starting to fall into place, and there were already a few theories...all that remained was to take down one last opponent, and maybe, just maybe, Dazia would have the answer. The Nevermore...when Dazia pondered over it now, she saw it as...a subtle paradise. This world may have been full of darkness, and consisting of a bunch of isles floating around in a strange void...but...actually, this world was uniquely beautiful. It may have had a dark air to it, and hardly any of its trees were living...but the isles were more and more full of life the closer she got to the largest Isle, which may have been the center of all The Nevermore. Dazia could only faintly see it now, but she'd have sworn she saw a black palace in that isle...

Within the next isle, the new addition seemed to be creatures. One was a creature of the sky, soaring on large wings, and it looked like some sort of leather serpent with wings. Another was a glowing creature of the land. Bipedal reptiles with main bodies that glowed red, blue, and violet, and had the arms of  humans, but black, matching their reptilian scales' colors, and they also had the heads of what seemed to be Utahraptors. Had Dazia imagined creatures like these once? She also spotted another semi-organic construct. It was a creature reminiscent of an arachnid, it had sharp, point based legs, pinching claws, a glowing stinger, and a round head with a single Amethyst that appeared to be its eye. The eye would glow as it looked around it. Perhaps this was a sentry of sorts, another Guard creature.

What wonderfully strange life lived here in The Nevermore...

One of these newly identified semi-organic constructs stared at Dazia with its eye. It did nothing, but suddenly it moved to the left upon hearing some kind of call. A figure landed there, and she was holding a greatsword. "Come at me, come on!" The figure challenged. The creature seemed to be willing to accept challenges, as it let out a battle cry of sorts and attempted to attack with its pinching claws. The attack was dodged, and the figure struck the eye several times fruitlessly. The creature's tail would glow, and attempt to sting the figure. after several dodges, it would leap back and blast out a glowing liquid at the figure. This failed, as that was also swiftly dodged. The figure then attacked the main body of the creature several times, then the creature fell limp and was destroyed. "Whew...I need a better challenge at some point..." the figure remarked.

"Um...hello?" Dazia asked the figure.

The figure, once again, looked a lot like Dazia. This figure's apparel was reminiscent of a fantasy ranger's gear, and the figure also had blue hair and green eyes. "Ah, Violet, nice to see you! Word's just gotten around that you're challenging the doors. How have you managed so far?" The figure asked. At this point, Dazia was going to stop asking why all these people knew her name. "Well...I've dealt with a tiny individual who used shadows to fight, a strange monster with a large black eye, and now, I've recently killed an invasive being that was a lot like Krysta, an enemy of mine... Well, Niguine seemed to like that she's dead, and there was another who was constantly watching her back because of this being. Now I'm headed for the next two doors." Dazia explained. "Well, tough opponents are hard to come by sometimes, but I'm not even upset, 'cause Krystalla was an asshole." The figure remarked. "Are you, by any chance, having trouble picking your enemies? I can't tell you who or what they are outright, but I guess a half-riddle will have to do." She noted. 

The figure thought for a moment, as if constructing her words, then she spoke. "Well, if you wanna be tough the way I am, take on the Dove Door...but if you do, be ready for emotional pain. If you wanna end some conflict of the past, regardless of how, try the Dragon Door, there's someone there who you haven't seen in years...you'll know them when you see them." The figure explained. Dazia was not amused. "Ok...where am I, really? If The Nevermore is full of all these things, and yet people I know are around or connected with some of these doors, I mean..." The figure's eyes lit up. "Ah, so you haven't figured it out yet...don't worry though, I know you will, you seem to be on the right track..." The figure remarked. Dazia still had a few questions for this individual, though... "And what about the creature you just killed? It wasn't doing anything until you straight up challenged and attacked it." She asked.

The figure chuckled. "Simple, really. I don't say no to a good challenge, and neither do the Ebonies. That creature, an Ebony, is a soldier construct designed for combat, rather than restraint as the Obsidians are. An Ebony's job is nothing but fight, fight, fight, train, fight. They're always up for a challenge from one of the ones they serve, even if it costs them their lives." She explained. "But they're kind of everywhere, and appear far more often than the Obsidians, but they prefer to stay close to the main isle of The Nevermore." Well, that was quite a bit. So there were two guardian constructs.

"...Right...so...I guess I should be heading for the doors now. Goodbye." Dazia finished. The figure transformed into a raven, and flew off in search of another challenge. What a brave soul... Nothing left to do but move on for the time being. The isles looked a bit like an ecosystem now, with dark fields and hills, trees that were seldom showing leaves, and a few small lakes and rivers dotting the landscape. "It's...beautiful..." Dazia thought. Surely, she might even see more creatures before long.