[SP-F6] The Same Raven, Nevermore <<Calming the Soul>>

The more isles Dazia explored, the more beautiful The Nevermore became to her. So much to see, but there was so little time...if only she could return, she might even want to document this world in her records, and even paint paintings of it... The main isle of The Nevermore was now neighboring the one she was on, which had that same mountain found on all the isles that held the doors. She would need to make a decision soon. There was a patch of black sand among the rest of the otherwise diverse ecosystem of the isle, but it looked very soft and comforting. Dazia sat down on it, and it did in fact, feel soft, it wasn't even hard and grainy. She then realized she seemed a bit tired, and yet it all felt mental. She laid down and rested. The patterns in the Nevermore's sky were surprisingly interesting to watch, and she could have sworn she'd fallen asleep.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazia got up, and felt rested, despite not knowing if she'd even slept or not. She moved on to the double doors, once again guarded by Obsidians, but there were Ebonies here, too, seemingly having the same sentry task as the other constructs. Same room, same figure, different doors. One of the Doors depicted a dragon, while the other Door depicted a dove. While the choice would appear to be easy, it wasn't. There were all the previous experiences, and there were also the things said by the other figures...they all seemed to say "pick what you want" with this particular choice, it was like they all had something to gain from either one... One major choice lingered here. Dragon Door, or Dove Door. Dazia had no clue what was in store, save for the fact that Dazia would supposedly become fearless by challenging the Dove Door, and surviving the emotional pain that came with it, and that someone Dazia hadn't seen in a long time was waiting past the Dragon Door... She would need to think about this carefully.

Which Door will Dazia open?

-The Dragon Door

-The Dove Door

Selected: Dragon Door

Dazia had a hard time with this decision, she even began to think aloud. "If I go through the Dove Door, emotional pain might find me. I don't know if I'm ready for that. I should probably face and settle with what I know is the past, as I won't have that chance again. Who knows what emotional pain lies beyond the Dove Door... I have to open the Dragon Door, it is the only answer."

With her decision made, she opened the door.

When she arrived in the arena, she looked around. The place seemed to be a dark room lit only by unnaturally colored flames. The interior room she was in, it was made with obsidian and iron, and etchings and carvings of dragons could be seen. A familiar figure wearing a black fur cloak and a set of black iron armor turned around to see her...

"Violet...so you've come at last." The tall, dark man spoke.

"Father."

[Spawned Inner Demon 4a]

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 58/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 450/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

What an unusual reunion.

"Exactly how did you get here?" Dazia asked. Her Father walked up to her and placed his index finger upon her forehead. "I've been right here ever since I left. It was never my choice...you're here to fight me, aren't you? I will oblige for you, you have great potential, and this is but a game in the end, isn't it?" The man asked. He returned to his original place in the room, and an HP meter filled up, the name appearing above, <<William Grace>>. "Just know, I won't hold back. It must be a challenge, after all."

Dazia shrugged. "Understandable. I really don't know how you got into this world, despite whatever you meant by what you just said...but I'll accept the offer for a challenge. Sorry if some of my Mother's bias begins to play in, you weren't exactly there to give your opinion all those years..." She remarked as she drew her blade. She attacked with Over Radiation, and leaped back, following with a dodge roll to avoid her father's iron blade.

ID# 182023 BD: 6+2=8(hit), MD: 4-2=2(miss)

Over Radiation: 11x14-8=146

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 44/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 304/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia saw the blade, she recognized it from a picture she'd seen from back when she was little, poking around in a room that she'd sneaked into... The Blade was forged from black iron, with strange markings and symbols that were rather unnerving. She never saw any trace of the Blade's picture ever since her father had left...what significance did that pointed black metal stick even have? "Tell me, Violet, why did you hate me so? I gave so much for you and cared for you, and yet you showed me dislike and considered me an unwanted individual. Was this truly towards me, or to the world around? We are superior, Violet, superior to all who believe they can control everything. As humans, we are all equals, but we have the choices we make, and we are all affected by those...so are you simply taking your hatred out on me, knowing you wouldn't receive any hatred on your own end when giving the cold shoulder?" Her Father asked.

Dazia tried not to think about it, but upon her attack, she decided to speak the truth. "Yes. I am a coward who chose to show hatred to you. You were strange and abnormal, the people around have small minds that can't handle anything outside their pitiful norms. I took my hatred out on my own kin because I felt it was safe to do so, at a safe level of leakage. I remember what happened back when I first unleashed my fury. The fools who harmed others felt my wrath, they got what they deserved, but everyone else decided not to thank me for teaching those fools a lesson, and even sparing their lives...they called me a Monster! Do you even know what that's like?" She vented.

ID# 182024 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 4-2=2(miss)

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 31/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 158/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia's Father smiled, despite his battle wounds. "Exactly, they are pitiful fools who despise whoever they can't control. Humans are selfish creatures who try to control others rather than themselves. We are superior because we see past their small minds' limited vision, we can see worlds, timelines, universes...all without having to control it. You know that you can't control them, and you decided to control yourself. It was something I admired, Violet. Your determination to see them get what they deserve, after all they've done... In this world, you have power. Finish this battle, and gain the strength you need to bring judgement! Go ahead, practice on me, like you always have! We remind each other of how this world is..."

"..."

Dazia felt conflicted. She didn't know what to do. She agreed, and yet she didn't. She attacked him once again, and swept her leg under his, barely getting him to stumble and fall on his back.

"Mom was right about you..." She muttered. "And you played a part in making us all what we are today. Aurellius got your attention, and now he's the proud firstborn. Hern had an undying hunger that you dared to satisfy, despite his own methods of self-control preserving his health. Akemi was almost spoiled, but rather than just giving her everything, you taught her how to ask for everything. Hiraani fell into love and lust, you allowed her to pursue it. You went easy on Galen, who I took upon myself to manage in your stead, and Haimi's a self-centered, envious little sh*t! YOU did this! You did it all! And now...and now..." Tears were falling from Dazia's eyes, she was coming up with excuses to try and validate a reason to hate her father for being a terrible parent.

As far as she could tell, he wasn't the worst, but he wasn't the best, either...

"You...and the world...you'll...."

ID# 182025 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 1(Crit. miss)

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 18/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 12/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia's Father got up, and hugged her, despite that they were in the middle of combat. "I never knew how to be a Father." He admitted. "Clearly, you seem to think I've raised seven monsters, and not seven human beings. Go on, kill me. I deserve it. I simply know I wasn't there to help you with the rest of your childhood when your mother shut me out for my estranged behavior."

Dazia's crying didn't cease, and she shoved herself out of her Father's arms. "You'd never say that, you'd never say such things. You...you're not real...My father would never say that! He was proud of his eldest son, he cherished his spoiled little brat and her twin sl*t, he went easy on the lazy bum and ignored the family's envious threat, thanks a lot for that, by the way, and he even-"

"Loved his youngest daughter dearly." Her father interrupted. "Violet, your siblings had no place in our one-sided quarrel. I only wanted you to forge your own lives. They made their choices, they will learn soon enough if it ends poorly for them. I can't control them, they made themselves who they are, and you did the same."

Dazia roared out and lashed out a few reckless slashes that her opponent dodged.

ID# 182026 BD: 3+2=5(miss), MD: 6-2=4(miss)

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 17/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 12/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia's crying rage continued. "I made myself sensible and wise, I never asked to carry an emotional monster within me!" Dazia's Father shook his head. "Violet, 'Monster' is a relative term, and in most cases, so are the terms 'Demon' and even 'Devil'. To a Canary, a Cat is a monster. Those who control all are simply used to being the Cat, the unstoppable force, but they never met you until then, didn't they? They never found a monster because compared to those outside the norm, they were the monsters. It is up to you if you want a turn being one." He claimed. "Lies!" Dazia responded. "I can hardly restrain this hate anymore, it's starting to get out of hand! No one taught me how to control it, and self-control can only go so far, can't it?"

Dazia's Father stood still. "Finish me with wrath, or finish me with tears. The choice is yours." He said. Those last four words Echoed in Dazia's thoughts.

"I'll practice on you...I don't know how long I can chain the beast up any longer...one day...in reality...YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU F***ING DESERVE!" She roared out as the tears streamed from her eyes, all while she let loose Rip Ravine, rather than her strongest sword art, against her opponent. The battle was over.

"You aren't mad at me...you're just in pain." Her father remarked as his HP depleted to zero. "You kept your wrath sealed, Violet. I always knew you could...you can always make your choice. Emotion goes only as far as you let it...so be it's master. Tame it..." The apparition of her Father shattered, leaving her alone in the room.

ID# 182028 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Rip Ravine: 11x2-8=14

Dazia: HP 600/600EN 16/58 | 11 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA

Enemies:

William Grace: HP 0/450, 116 DMG, 8 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia dropped her blade, she could hardly handle it all anymore. She fell to the ground and cried. "I never wanted to hate you...I just wanted a better Father!" She confessed, practically to herself. Her own father was out of her life again, but by her own hand. "All those other children...had such golden father figures...I never had that luxury, and I saw you as a lax fool!" She vented to the empty room. She continued to cry, alone in the room. She could hardly handle what she'd just done, she couldn't tell what to do next, other than release her emotion and let it out before the void. She was certain she would never see her father again, definitely not after this encounter. Her cursor color was unchanged, but she only saw her father in that apparition. She had killed her own father...

"Father...I'm sorry...I hope...you can forgive me..."

15 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

50 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

Once her moment of pain had finally passed, it was time to continue on with this journey in The Nevermore. She saw the door appear, and she hesitated to leave.

She found herself on an isle directly in front of the main isle, and Luxalba was waiting for her. "The past...I can feel it repairing. They say healing carries both pain and weight, and you've just proven it, even if only to me and not yourself. Well done, and well thought." She remarked. What a confusing statement that was...

"I just killed my own Father. What kind of genuine healing would ever come from that?" Dazia demanded. "Did you? The weapon you carry does not bear the weight of murder. You passed a test, your determination and emotional strength managed to handle this trial...but now a duty is drawing close, for all of The Nevermore. Umbra-ira has awakened, come with me." Luxalba noted.

Luxalba gestured for Dazia to follow, and maybe it was for the best. The two would walk through this isle of The Nevermore, which was just as bountiful of an ecosystem as the last. "...I don't know if I'll ever see The Nevermore again if I leave, so I should probably take some screenshots, seeing that I'm still technically in the game..." She thought.

Five screenshots later, she slowed down as she realized the two had reached...another set of Doors. "You have got to be kidding me."

Luxalba walked over to one of the two doors, and Niguine was over at the other door. Each door was differently colored, sized and marked, in comparison to all the other doors. These doors were also out in the open, attached to two huge boulder-like stone spires jutting out of the ground, the doors being double doors as well.

The Door Luxalba had walked over to was made of black iron, with glowing red accents and marking, a strange eldritch symbol, too complex to easily understand.

The Door Niguine was standing by was made of a white metal, with glowing blue accents and marking, a symbol meaning "All".

Luxalba had something to say. "Umbra-ira cannot be defeated alone. I would like your assistance with restraining the beast. The Obsidians cannot handle it alone either, for there are too few that remain, and they are not being constructed fast enough." She explained.

"Uh, no. No she's not gonna do that. Besides, Umbra-ira is the right hand of The Nevermore's ruler.I told her that I had a favor to ask her, and it lies just beyond this door."  Niguine Interrupted. "The Collective is becoming a bigger nuisance around The Nevermore than we can handle, we gotta kill it together! Don't listen to her, she's just trying to gain power." She explained to Dazia.

"I am not." Luxalba claimed. "Umbra-ira Natus is a monster, it must be stopped."

Dazia was already tired of this. "Can the both of you shut the hell up and let me make my own decisions?" She asked. She would need to think about this carefully...

Which Door will Dazia open?

-The Eldritch Door

-The World Door

Selected: World Door

Dazia thought long and hard about this. "Niguine may be suspicious, but if Umbra-ira belongs to The Nevermore's leader, it would be treason for Luxalba to fight it unless directly ordered to. Besides, why would she even use Obsidians for the operation if she fought against them like that one figure said?"

Dazia was silent for a moment, then she spoke. "Luxalba...fighting against a creature that is owned and kept by The Nevermore's ruler...that would be treason, if you weren't commanded to do so by the creature's owner, wouldn't it?"

Luxalba looked shocked. "Violet...please don't tell me you're siding with Niguine."

Dazia crossed her arms. "If it means keeping The Nevermore in its proper condition as its leader chooses, then so be it." She decided.

Niguine came to Dazia's side. "Sorry, but she's right. If you don't have her permission, you'll be committing treason by fighting the very thing you carry a grudge with. Even if all you wanted was to restrain it, it's a part of The Nevermore, and its leader had been doing only what was necessary with it ever since the two were young. The Collective, on the other hand, is invasive and a more immediate threat." She claimed.

Edited by Dazia

Luxalba was silent for a moment as her expression became that of a controlled anger. "I have done nothing but try to help you, Violet. Please, reconsider, and avoid Niguine's poisonous ambition! Only blood and thunder awaits if you follow her!" She claimed.

"This decision was mine to make. You go ahead and try committing treason, if you're so determined, I'm leaving that door alone." Dazia remarked. She and Niguine began walking over to the door Luxalba wasn't at, but... Suddenly a bright blue barrier appeared in front of the door. Dazia turned around to see Luxalba's hand outstretched. "I will not let you open that door!" She declared.

A third eye opened on Luxalba's forehead, and a pair of white wings tipped with blue unfolded from her back. She began to glow, and a weapon made from some kind of blue light materialized. Markings appeared all over her skin, and her eyes became fire. She harnessed some energy, and poured it upon two approaching Obsidians. The two constructs became white, and they came to her side. An HP meter appeared over her head, as well as the name <<Luxalba Coercito>>

"You're not in this alone." Niguine reassured before drawing her own weapon, a cruel-looking blade.

(OOC: RP Combat initiated, stats will not matter)

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

Bleached Obsidian 1 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 2 [            ]

Well, here we go again...

The enslaved Obsidians roared out, and Dazia rushed in to dispatch one of them. Niguine attempted to go straight for the main opponent, but the other enslaved Obsidian lashed out at her, and its chains wrapped around her. Dazia managed to damage her target, and barely dodged the retaliation.

Niguine struggled against the chains. "Let me go, ya big slave!" She called out. Dazia would have helped if not for the Obsidian trying to restrain her. Luxalba took flight, then dove in to attack Dazia. "Creatures like Niguine and Umbra-ira need to be kept in check. Do not throw you lot in with them, I do not wish to harm you any further." She claimed.

"Says the thing that just stabbed me with a blade made of blue light!" Dazia countered. "What even are you, anyway? You claim that you're trying to help me, but you don't seem interested in my needs, but your own!"

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine [                       ] {Stunned}

Opponents:

Bleached Obsidian 1 [            ]

Before Dazia could kick Luxalba away and continue fending off the Obsidian she was already fighting, Luxalba poured some kind of energy upon said Obsidian, and its HP...was restored?? "Oh, come on!!!"

The opposing side had a healer. Wonderful.

Niguine managed to get herself out of the chains, and she rushed in to attack Luxalba from behind with considerable fury. "We will not be moved! We will not be restrained! We are true, we are ETERNAL!" She roared out between weapon blows. Dazia returned to fighting the Obsidians while Luxalba was busy with Niguine, and with two more strikes, she managed to finish off one...before getting bound in chains by the other. "Agh! Rrrrrggghhh, aaarrggghh, damn you!"

Niguine noticed Dazia's predicament. "I'll be right there with ya soon, don't worry, we've got this!" She reassured.

This was far more than enough fighting in The Nevermore for the time being, but it looked like there would always be more, regardless of what she thought.

Dazia [                          ] [                         {Stunned}

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

Bleached Obsidian 1 [            ]

Dazia continued struggling, and barely managed to get herself out of the chains before the enslaved Obsidian could clamp its beak on her. After escaping the chains, Dazia knew this Obsidian would be a nuisance if not disposed of in enough time. She attacked the Obsidian, and Niguine followed suit. The creature was destroyed, and there was only the first opponent remaining. Luxalba formed an orb of light, and blasted it into the air, like some sort of beacon. She then continued her counter assault on Niguine. Dazia looked around her, and saw Obsidians in the distance, following the light... "She's calling for backup, we've gotta take this chance to strike now and strike HARD!" Dazia realized aloud. She then let loose one of her own attacks on her opponent. "The Light is the only way. Once you know the Light, you will know peace..." Luxalba claimed.

What a fool, thinking that such words could convince Dazia of anything.

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

More monsters are approaching...

"I'll stir up a distraction, you keep fighting!" Niguine offered. She let loose a blast of energy in the air, and it burst continuously, constantly bursting over and over. Dazia noticed Ebonies off in the distance, taking notice of the sight. When the Obsidians were drawing close, Luxalba let loose her own energies to them, turning them white and to her side as she did the others. The Ebonies noticed the anomaly, and hastily quickened their pace as to engage combat with the Obsidians.

Dazia began a barrage of attacks on Luxalba, striking again and again, though sometimes miss. "I'm not letting a self-righteous individual force me to make the choice they desire!" She declared. Luxalba would retaliate, striking every time. "Oh, Violet...do you not realize this could easily have gone the other way around? We could have been fighting Niguine, rather than you choosing to harm yourself, and others, further than you believe..." She remarked. Two Obsidians that weren't stopped by Ebonies entered the scene of the battle.

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

Bleached Obsidian 3 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 4 [            ]

Edited by Dazia

Dazia let loose on one of the Obsidians, but she became winded. She was about to collapse, but then a hand was placed on her back, and her energy was being restored. "I might not be able to heal wounds, but I can give you a boost when you're winded." Niguine noted. A half-smile formed on Dazia's expression. "Thanks, I'm gonna need all the help I can get on this one." She said in response. Reinvigorated, she managed to dodge the Obsidians' attempts, and then attacked her target again, while Niguine attacked the other Obsidian.

Luxalba was weakened, so she let loose more energy, and Dazia's HP hit the yellow. Luxalba then took this moment to recover her own HP while her opponents were struggling to get back up. "This is getting annoying..." Dazia noted. If the door led straight to the next battle, she would need to take a rest before going any further. "I don't know how much longer I can put up with this..."

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

Bleached Obsidian 3 [            ]

Things were starting to look bad. "I know that Luxalba and I have been enemies ever since we were born, but the fact that I can't win even with your help tells me things are really getting out of hand here." Niguine admitted.

"Why am I always late to kick some serious ass?" A familiar voice called out.

"Ugh, oh now what?" Dazia muttered.

That figure from earlier, the brave soul who outright challenged an Ebony, came into view. "So who are we fightin', Violet?" The figure asked.

"Is it not obvious?" Niguine responded. "Luxalba's trying to restrain us."

The figure looked shocked for a second. "Restrain? Both of you? Damn, I thought she was cool. You look like you could use a little extra firepower. Parvumea's probably hiding, so I'll help you myself." She remarked. Well, guess this would make things easier? It was far better than losing, that was for sure.

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Praelia [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

Bleached Obsidian 3 [            ]