[SP-F6] The Same Raven, Nevermore <<Calming the Soul>>

The new ally would immediately focus on the Obsidians. "You first, you don't look right."

The enslaved Obsidians roared, only for the damaged one to be finished off, and for the other one to get kicked in its beak. Dazia turned her eyes to Luxalba, who was channeling healing energies. Time to intercept. She attacked with full force, and dropped her foe's HP into the red again with a critical hit. Niguine attacked both Luxalba and the other Obsidian, but looked a little winded after that. Chances were, it was an attack that couldn't be done multiple times. "Tell me, Luxalba, what do you have to gain from taking control of The Nevermore?" Dazia inquired. "I do not want The Nevermore. I want to help you." Luxalba claimed. "Cut the lies, you wouldn't be fighting us if you did!" Dazia retorted. "You want me to lie to you, so you can feel better by harming me... Your needs made me, Violet. You asked a question, and I was born. I am here because you need to find the right answer! Please, stop this now, before The Nevermore plunges into an era of eternal hate!" Luxalba exclaimed. Dazia didn't believe her.

"Congratulations, you're right and wrong at the same time. We may have been born from a question, but you could never understand real freedom. Hell, you're enslaving Obsidians to do your bidding! Just let Violet be free, dammit!" Niguine remarked.

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Praelia [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito [                                                    ]

Bleached Obsidian 1 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 2 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 3 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 4 [            ]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle was clearly drawing to a close, and the clashing Ebonies and Obsidians were all disappearing, clearly from their destruction. Luxalba healed herself again, and the time was now to strike the remaining enemies...and Dazia was confused as heck. "What the hell are you both talking about??" She asked.

"Don't worry about it too hard, Luxi's just moody. I'll help you put her back in her place. You haven't always agreed with her, so figures she'd be feeling this way." Praelia remarked. More confusion. "It sounded like a nice concept at first, slavery, showing fools their places, but damn, I really don't think we'd be up to the task. Just get a load of this nasty piece of white sh*t right here." Niguine remarked before finishing off a newly enraged construct. So much for being ready to rage.

Dazia readied her weapon after Praelia made her attack, and Luxalba let loose a shockwave that knocked everyone back. Dazia quickly got up and rushed in to attack. Luxalba's HP was struck to a dangerously low level, and with another attack, Luxalba was sent flying a few meters, crying out in pain as she did. After she landed, something appeared over Luxalba...

<<Immortal Object>>

Dazia was not amused, but the threat seemed to be over.

Dazia's Light Point Gains have been stalled for the remainder of the thread.

Dazia [                          ] [                         

Niguine [                       ]

Praelia [                       ]

Opponents:

Luxalba Coercito(Unconscious) [                                                    <<Immortal Object>>

Bleached Obsidian 1 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 2 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 3 [            ]

Bleached Obsidian 4 [            ]

Praelia ran off to handle the remaining Ebonies and Obsidians that still decided to clash, while Niguine decided to take a breather...and Dazia fell to the ground and groaned. "When is this constant fighting going to end, I'm tired..." 

"D-do you need some help?" Another familiar voice asked. "What does it look like to you...?" Dazia groaned out. "Ah, then here, let me tend to your wounds...I'm no good in a fight, but...I have my other uses...I guess." The voice responded. Dazia looked to the direction of the voice and saw the timid figure from earlier. The figure placed her hands on Dazia, and her HP would begin to regenerate more quickly. The figure then moved on to Niguine, and began helping her with her own healing. After this, she looked at the two who were previously fighting a tough opponent. "So...you're really going to do it, aren't you...? Fight the Invasive Legion, The Collective...I'm no supporter of the beast, I'm quite scared of it, really...but The Collective is scarier...please get rid of it..." The figure remarked. She then transformed into a raven and flew off.

"...Niguine, I have a question. What's the beast she was talking about?" Dazia asked, hoping some conversation might help the time pass for her HP to regenerate. "She simply calls Umbra-ira 'the beast', as she never knew her name. But she's right, The Collective is the real threat. Umbra-ira is only interested in destroying The Nevermore's enemies. I keep trying to find ways to reassure her, but she's just scared...I mean, I'm sure you'd be scared too if you were holding secrets...and well, we kinda know you are. I'll tell you why later." Niguine explained. "I...see. Is there anything you can tell me about The Collective?" Dazia asked. "The Collective...it's a bunch of invasive foes of The Nevermore, all merged into one. It tries to represent all, but it lies. We've gotta kill it before it destroys The Nevermore, and it's gonna attack soon. We should get moving, time's running short." Niguine answered.

Dazia's HP was fully restored, and the Positive Status effect disappeared. Time to enter the door.

Dazia opened the door, and a light that seemed alien in contrast to The Nevermore shone from the door...

She found herself on an empty isle far smaller than any of the ones she'd ever been on, and this one was floating higher, and seemed to be above the main isle. A grotesque mass began climbing up to the isle, and it looked like a strange horror. On its face, eyes and mouths were appearing and disappearing constantly. it had oversized hands that looked as though they were made from some slimy substance, and they pulsed in a variety of colors. The rest of this thing was semi-skeletal, but in its torso, there seemed to be a mass of lights flashing red all over one section where a heart should be...wait, how many hearts were in there? Its colors were similar to the other creatures of The Nevermore, but it clearly did not belong...

It stared at Dazia. "Hello, Violet. We are Eternal. We are all. So you've come for us at last... Are you here to join us, or do you want to kill us? We cannot be killed..."

So many voices...what the hell was this thing????

(OOC: RP Combat initiated, stats will not matter)

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine [                       ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

[                          ]

Edited by Dazia

"What the F***?!?!?"

That wasn't the only strange thing to occur. Niguine began to transform herself, but dark, leather wings unfolded, her figure became far more toned, her eyes became fire, her hair grew to cascade all the way to her waist, and she even grew two feet in height. "No more going easy, it's time to make a mess. Let's water the isle with this creature's blood...I can smell it already..."

Dazia was legitimately scared now, but she had to face this thing nevertheless. "I don't know what the hell you are...but I came here to get rid of you, The Nevermore has grown tired of your presence, so it's time to die!"

The Collective laughed, and it was like a whole multitude of people was laughing. "Foolish girl. What did we tell you? We cannot be killed. Did you come here thinking thatYou've always hated us, it's actually quite humorous! You'll learn your place once The Nevermore is ours!" The horror said.

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

Dazia rushed in to attack, but got swatted to the ground by one of the creature's hands. Niguine leaped onto the creature's "face" and started tearing into it. Dazia got up, and shook away the dizziness she felt from the hit. She then attempted another attack while Niguine was distracting the boss. She managed to strike the Vital points, but there wasn't much damage dealt. Maybe it was armored well enough that other parts would be the monster's weak points? "Damn, this thing's got real defenses..." She muttered. Niguine breathed fire on the monster, but the creature gathered itself together, and let loose a multi-voiced shout, and it was loud enough to make Dazia cover her ears. This thing is so...unnatural...and yet...it reminded Dazia of all. These voices, were they all familiar? Those eyes, had she seen them all before? "This whole thing is making my head spin..." Dazia thought aloud.

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

Why were so many enemies Dazia faced in The Nevermore so related to her life? She had to recognize some of those voices! "Why...do I remember those voices..." She asked herself.

The Collective chuckled. "Surely you must know each of us, you little monster. You can't win, you demon! You never had any hope from the start. You may not know us, but we know you. Our group soul is far stronger than your hatred for us. You are a freak. The only way to make peace with us is to join us, for we will rule over The Nevermore, and all other worlds! We will reign. And we will be the eternal dictator of all life that doesn't join us."

A group soul...it was starting to make sense. So many recognizable voices, were they all from her past? The four creatures she faced before making her way here, there was a reason they had relevance to Dazia. "You're the world."

The Collective had a flurry of mixed reactions. "Hahahaha, you figured it out! Little Violet, we will always rule. All will bow before us. Life is meant to be controlled. Join, or be destroyed." 

Dazia attacked the monster. "Shut the hell up!"

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

[                          ]

Dazia could feel her rage building, she was recognizing these voices at last. The Collective was a blend between the things which she hated, and the ones who carried it and used it against her. "I'm sick of this, I've always been, now die!" She called out before attacking the monster's hands as they tried to intercept.

"Hold still, little demon!"

She knew that voice, it was the one who had her expelled from that Academy during her Elementary days, back when she first unleashed her wrath in full.

"You'll get what you deserve!"

The bully who drew out the anger...

"You'll never win, you'll never be free from us!"

And even that bi*ch who thought she could rule over all individuals in the school she and Dazia attended, back in middle school.

It was all of the ones who both she and her Father hated. The fools who thought they could do whatever the hell they want as though they were entitled to. You never started with that, you had to earn your way, be it through work, knowledge, or even killing. Niguine seemed to delight in Dazia's growing rage.

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

Niguine resumed her assault on The Collective with glee, but the monster began a barrage of attacks. Both she and Dazia were damaged a fair amount, but then suddenly, Dazia heard a roar from below.

"Collective! Your time ends now!"

Wait, was that Dazia's voice? It sounded similar, but it was deeper, and more monstrous. A huge creature came from below and grappled The Collective, and lifted it up into the sky. It tore into, bit and scratched, and breathed some purple substance on it, and finally threw it to the ground. When it landed, it had a burn and was severely damaged. It was all a sudden blur... The creature was flying around, but it was moving too fast to be seen in detail. Nevertheless, the monster was still trying to get up, and this was an opportunity to attack. "I will destroy you!" She declared before her next attack landed.

Interception!

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>> }Burned{

[                          ]

Niguine rushed to Dazia's side to restore her Energy, then returned to the battle, tearing into The Collective pretty savagely. "So the Right Hand arrives just in time...a perfect opportunity to properly punish this mortal hive mind and send it to oblivion!" She declared. Dazia also attacked the monster as it struggled to get back up. "So much for all your gloating, you're going to fail in your plans!" She remarked between strikes. The Collective let out a mass of groans. "The Demon's awake! Our ancient enemy! We won't give up... We'll kill ALL of them! Prepare for defeat."

Well, how the tables have turned. This was quite the firepower, and it seemed that fury...was a weakness...Dazia smiled. "Ah...so that's it..." It was hate, absolute fury. Wrath. That was the solution. The creature flying in the sky let out an impressive display of that, so it was clear as day, in all honesty.

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>> }Burned{

[                          ]

The time was coming, time to end this. Hatred incarnate, it was actually needed...Dazia unleashed her fury in full, and she lashed out upon The Collective, dealing an extreme amount of damage to it, as Niguine did her part as well. The creature above swooped down to give its contribution to the battle, and it threw the enemy down when finished. The Collective let loose a burst of strange energy, and the beast was paralyzed, falling down into the void...

"Pitiful monster. We won't go down without a fight. Die already, we don't need you, just The Nevermore."

Dazia growled with hate. "I will keep fighting, and it is you who will die...all of you!" She let loose another barrage of attacks, tearing into the monster. It wouldn't be long now... All these foolish individuals, trying to gain power for themselves, all that was hated by Dazia, the constant strife they caused her, the reasons she believed the world was lost from the start...it was time to kill its incarnate.

Interception!

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

The Collective grew more arms. It wasn't giving up without a real fight...perfect...this is just the perfect scenario to get this all to end. Dazia must conquer it at its worst. The monster Let loose more shockwaves, and Niguine stopped it with a well timed interception. "Now, Violet, finish them, now's your chance!" Niguine called out. Dazia roared out as she attacked again. The Collective screamed out, all voices in unison, and suddenly it split into a legion of whispy shadows. The sands of this empty isle began to sink down, but the sands under Dazia revealed a stone as they fell. Dazia stayed on the solid ground as the loose sands followed the laws of gravity and began falling into the abyss below, as the isle was now away from the main isle. the whispy figures all began to panic as the sands began to take said figures down with them. Each one was sent down screaming into the abyss. One grabbed Dazia's leg, and looked at her with a pleading expression. The face rematerialized to reveal it was the woman who expelled her. "Have mercy on me, please! I don't- I'm not ready for eternity, please give me another chance!"

Dazia looked down to her. "I will show you the same mercy as you showed me, even though all I did was stand up for myself, and everyone else they tormented..." She kicked the woman's arm off her leg, and the woman was claimed by the falling sands and sent screaming into the abyss. At last, revenge was complete...

70 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal.

Dazia [                          ] [                         ]

Niguine Sangrum [                                                    ]

Opponents:

<<The Collective>>

[                          ]

The Sands continued to fall, but the large beast returned. It was a horrific creature, like a cross between an eldritch raven and a demonic dragon. It stared at Dazia with its four burning red eyes. "The deed is done. I am satisfied. I eagerly await my next calling. Come, I will take you to the Shadow Palace." The creature said. The Shadow Palace...well, it was time to get out of this falling isle anyway. Dazia hopped onto the grotesque creature, and it took flight. Niguine followed closely, flying with her own wings.

Dazia was taken high enough to see all of The Nevermore. It was indeed a mass of isles in a dark void...and yet it was beautiful. "Wow..." She breathed out. "Great view, isn't it? We do what we must for it, always. Now, the Shadow Palace..."

Dazia held on tight as the creature dove through the air, and down to the Main Isle of The Nevermore. It landed in front of a Palace made from a dark metal Dazia did not recognize. Whatever the case, it was a grand one.

Dazia dismounted in front of the timid figure. She was trembling before the beast. "Th-th-the beast...the beast..." She muttered. She looked like she was about to faint. The second figure she met walked up to the two. "So you made it! Did you figure anything out? What were your answers?" She asked. The brave soul jumped into the scene. "Damn, I wish I could've seen you kick ass back there, I don't even know what just happened!" She remarked. Dazia noticed that these figures...they were living traits. There was a reason they all looked similar to Dazia... "Happy, Timid, Brave...Oh, for the love of...how did I not realize this sooner?"

The Nevermore...it belonged to Dazia this whole entire time. She wasn't in some alternate dimension, this was a world constructed from an inner self. This was The Cardinal's impression of her mind. So...that would mean that the beast was Umbra-ira, her Right Hand...how fitting, it was the incarnation of her wrath. It was no wonder Luxalba wanted her restrained...

Unable to figure out how to leave, she stayed in the Shadow Palace for what felt like several hours.

She walked into the throne room of the Shadow Palace, and it wasn't more than it needed to be. The room had many ravens flying to and from certain positions, and there was a space behind the throne for something huge...Umbra-ira, perhaps. Dazia sat on the throne, it was hers anyway. As she sat on it, she could feel all of The Nevermore's energies...this world...perhaps it was uniquely beautiful because it was hers, because it reflected her. She was impressed with the work that the Cardinal had put into this. A whispy violet figure materialized before her. "Are you ready to return to Aincrad? Don't worry, it is possible to return here." The figure spoke. Three others came into the room. The happy and brave ones, and Niguine, were ready to see Dazia. Niguine was back in her previous form. She looked proud of Dazia. "So, happy you've cleared your head, so to speak?" Niguine asked. The brave one remarked, "We'll be here whenever you return, we can promise you that."

Edited by Dazia

The happy one had something to say. "Before you go, I've got something to help you with. There may be times where you need an extra boost in the heat of battle...but there's actually a way to come here halfway! We'll be ready to give you the determination you need!" She would walk over to Dazia, and help her practice with some demonstrations. Dazia then received a game message.

<<New Skill available: Meditation>>

She was unsure if she would need it, but it felt nice knowing that The Nevermore was more than willing to have her back. Dazia smiled, and said, "Thank you all, and I'll see you again...someway, somehow." Dazia closed her eyes, and she felt herself moving through the dark void. "Bye, Violet, see you later!" The voice echoed. "I'll help you regardless of your decision. You decide, I suggest. It will be so, as you have chosen." She heard Luxalba's voice state. 

The sound of rushing water could be heard, and Dazia opened her eyes. She was on Aincrad again, at the Waterfall of The Sage. A message appeared before her:

[Completed: Calming The Soul]

A quest...Dazia smiled at the craziness that just occurred. She had never been through anything like this. Ever. She stumbled off the stone, and looked around her surroundings. There wasn't much to be seen, hardly anything had changed...wait, what was the time and date displayed on her HUD? A slightly shocked expression appeared on Dazia's face. She had been in her mind for three days.

"I've been...gone for three days...how...am I still alive?" She wondered aloud. Well, there was no time to waste, she had to get back to the safe zone, and quickly. She tided herself over with some rations so she wouldn't collapse as she made her way to safety. What a wild ride this had all been for her...

ID# 182096 LD: 5(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia opened her menu, and to her surprise and relief, the screenshots she'd taken were still there... Such perfect inspirations to paint from, she'd keep this data with her as long as she needed to. She walked into the safe zone at last, and it was all over. She would have to return to her shop soon, but first, a breather, this was quite a trip she'd just been on. She was back in the world of pain and suffering, back where danger was always seeking her... It was actually kind of sad that Dazia wasn't able to stay in The Nevermore, it was such a beautiful place... She remembered its unique creatures, and the fact that she probably hadn't seen them all. She recalled the figures she saw, and how they revealed different aspects and sides of herself. She reminisced the experiences of exploring the isles, of resting in the sands as she watched the void... She sighed. "I already miss The Nevermore..."

Dazia may have been feeling emotionally better about herself, and the past weighed down on her less, but she still had her wrath, and her present problems. Guess that was always a given...she remembered the words of her Father, how he asked her to tame her wrath and be its master...well, she did seem to be, back in The Nevermore. She knew that there would always be pain, there would always be strife...but maybe she might do better from here on out. Maybe one day she could convince Princess of the truth, and that she could be comfortable with herself when others want to get to know her...but could she? "I still have so much to live for..." She thought aloud. "I will continue walking in my chosen path. To survive, by any means necessary." She got up from where she had sat down, and began the journey home.

She would be the same, Nevermore...

Summary:

Dazia receives:

7 SP(4 Pages completed[+4], Quest completed[+2], Quarantine Bonus[+1])

1600 Col(4 Pages completed)

Unlocked Extra Skill: Meditation