[PP-F1] <<SLAF>> Meet The Shielder

How hard can it be? slaying boars was easy in this kind of set-up. That's what newbies would say as they venture out the settlement, brimming with positivity while being wary of the death game that is always encroaching on everyone. It's a slow and insidious killer that's why Plini is always wary of what may come his way when it comes to battling them. His first lesson was easy but that's because Orca was there, she kept him company. Some might think that she protected him by merely being there, scaring the low-level mobs that roam the area.

He wasn't sure about Shirogane though. He had always been setting up defenses when it comes to flirty women, don't be rude but also never give in to their wiles. He was thought by his older sister, at first it seemed like the three of them just joking around but it turns out, Plini can actually use what her sisters has been throwing as jokes at him. He wasn't gonna lump Shirogane in that category but he wanted to be careful. Orca was helpful but the woman kept on egging him and asking for a date. Shirogane would be no doubt helpful, he can only hope she's not going to be the "ara ara nee-san" that her sisters parodies.

1295938816_images(31).jpeg.fdc3da90756da8c9ef538f85adea4703.jpeg

Plini
  | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8
  | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 0

Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Destrezas
    - A weirdly curved weapon, While it resembles a scimitar at first glance, the spikes that are placed as designs on the hilt act as a failsafe should the blade itself fail. 
    - Vanity weapon
  • Aegirian Polymer Jacket
    - EVA I / Savvy II
    - T1 Perfect Light armor
    -A coat with a combination of white and cream in color. It seems like a standard looking jacket that is issued to a certain kind of person. Made of lightweight materials which enables the wearer to fight with grace and achieve perfection with every move.
  • Caenis' Fist
    - MIT I / Regen II
    -T1 Perfect Heavy armor
    -A gauntlet that covers the hand up to the half on an arm. A gauntlet worn by a heroic spirit who is quite formidable in battle. Provides protection and decent survivability for the wearer.
  • Siesta shirt  (AUS)
    - Loot Die I / EVA I
    -T1 Rare light armor
    A gauntlet that covers the hand up to the half on an arm. A gauntlet worn by a heroic spirit who is quite formidable in battle. Provides protection and decent survivability for the wearer.

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

•  

Skills

Hide contents

Mod Count: 0/0

1. One-Handed Curve Sword| Passive | RANK 1/5

[Extra]

•  

Consumed Buffs

Hide contents
  •  

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  

"Right, I just have to help him gain some levels then we go to Nature's treasure quest" Shirogane played the same sentence inside her head over and over again so that she wouldn't lose cool in front of the new guy in their team. It wasn't a hard quest either, they were gonna do the boar quest. For her, it would be another time to face her fear of killing animals despite them being mobs inside a game. Crozeph already told her of his initial impression of Plini "the guy is a bit on the calculative side, he listens intently and he seems to not like wasting time doing things that aren't giving merit" Shirogane sighed "so he's a serious type, I don't know..."  she walked towards the location that they agreed upon while she was cooking in the kitchen of Crozeph's store "I'm used to senpai being serious but I don't know if I can handle another who seems to be worse than him" she uttered.

It would be an easy quest, not sure if she can at least give a good impression at him.

Stats:
HP: 200/200 I EN: 20/20 I DMG: 3 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 17 I TRNS: 1
Equips:
Ko-Naginata [DMG II] I Armor of The Sands [thorns I/MIT II] I Belladona Haircomb [ACC I/LD I] I Shielder gloves [vanity]
Skills:
2HAS [R1] I Heavy Armor [R2]

Edited by Shirogane
no damage stat written

There she is approaching...

Plini had been waiting for half an hour, he wasn't upset about it though. One has to understand certain things when it comes to setting up a... quest. He was already going to say it was a date as a joke but seeing how Shirogane seemed to be having thoughts about how to approach him was already enough for Plini to think that she would take it the wrong way and turn red. His curve swords strapped behind him, making sure he was no hostile. thinking about it, a lot of players are quite curious about how ornate his sword is. 

It was meant to be, he was no fan of weapons with unique effects in them. All he wanted was the best armor he could craft or get for himself. "You must be Shirogane, I'm Plini..." he stretched his hand to her for a handshake "nice to meet you, relax yourself or you'll stiffen more" he added.

Edited by Plini

Shirogane drew nearer, she wasn't sure what to say to him. "I need to say something nice before he sees that I'm nervou..." she was surprised to see Plini stretch out his hand. He even followed it with a bit of advice with his calm voice. Shirogane nodded, took a deep breath, and shook his hand "nice to meet you too, I'm Shirogane" she then held her spear and placed it behind her, mimicking his gesture of strapping his weapon behind. "I think you have an idea now of what we are going to do right?" she asked him. 

For some reason, she felt at ease despite the sharp look in his eyes  "I guess I misunderstood senpai's description of him, he is trying to make the most of his time with how he looks at me" she thought. The open field was littered with boars, the numbers enough for them to take them down one by one and have less worries of getting too much aggro "so what do you have in mind? do you have some sort of plan?" she asked him.

Edited by Shirogane

Plini took a deep breath and gazed in front of him, it would be nice if they could try to take on a lot and get the tusk faster but he knew that his stats are not enough for it. "How about we take on two at once? I don't know if I can dodge fast enough yet but I'll try" he told her. It would be easier if Orca were here, she is strong-looking but Plini had a feeling that asking for her help holds dangers to his personal space.

He walked forward, finding the right targets, two boars, that should be enough "so? let's begin" he did it as fast as he could or how much can his stats allow him to. A boar pup was startled, anyone would be if they saw someone wielding an ornate curved sword with glaring eyes coming at them. 

A clean-cut to the side landed perfectly. He was striving to keep it simple "it's all about the finesse of the movements and not the flashy stuff," he thought as he moved past it. Quite disappointing though because the boar pup managed to live with one health point left "tch" he muttered.

ID: 182875 BD: 7 [success] MD: 3 - 2 EVA = 1 [fail]
Plini dealt 2 x 2 [Rage Blow] = 4 damage to Boar Pup
Savvy activated +2 [BD] until the next success BD

Plini | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 1
Shirogane 
HP: 200/200 I EN: 20/20 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 17 I TRNS: 1

Boar pup: 1/5 

Edited by Plini

Shirogane saw Plini dash off to face a boar pup, she wasn't expecting him to be that nimble. She followed him, her naginata ready in action "I'll try to take on two of them, you can try to finish them off with an AoE attack" she told him. It was the least of her problem now, she raised her defenses high enough to be able to take less damage from these kinds of mobs. 

She pointed her spear forward, grasping it with both hands aimed at two boar pups who came to the rescue of the one Plini attacked. "This is trouble if thy gang up on him" she thought. Shirogane jumped forward and as soon she landed, she pivoted her hips and spun around. The tip of the naginata struck the two boar pups, now she caught their attention. The two mobs attacked but Shirogane was able to fend them off as they charged towards her "now finish them of Plini."

ID: 182876 BD: 6 + 1 = 7 [success] MD: 1 [fail]
ID: 182877 BD: 5 + 1 = 6 [success] MD: 2 [fail]
Shirogane dealt 3 damage to Boar Pup A & B

Plini | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | LD: 1
Shirogane 
HP: 200/200 I EN: 15/20 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 17 I TRNS: 1

Boar Pup A I HP: 2/5
Boar Pup B I HP: 2/5

Edited by Shirogane

Plini wasn't expecting Shirogane to actually be a bait for the mobs. "Woman are you..." he quickly left the place where he was facing the boar he struck earlier and dashed towards Shirogane. There was nothing special with the attack he made, he made a downward swing at the boar pups neck. It landed and he made sure that the boar would be dead with that strike. Both of them heard a squeal and then the creature shattered into fragments, the fate of every mob slain by the players.

The fight wasn't over yet for him, the boar from earlier was already charging towards Plini "tch, I got careless this time" he thought. The boar tried to ram him with its tusk but Plini was able to parry it with his curved sword. It missed by an inch and fortunately, none of them was damaged by that parry when it was redirected "Sorry Shiro, I have no AoE skill yet" he told her.

ID: 182946 BD: 5 + 2 [Savvy] = 7 success MD: 7 - 2 = 5 [fail]
Plini dealt 2 damage to Boar Pup A
Savvy activated +2 BD until next success roll
ID: 182947 LD: 17 +1 = 18
Boar Pup tusk acquired [1/3]

Plini | HP: 80/80 | EN: 8/8 | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 0 | LD: 1
Shirogane 
HP: 200/200 I EN: 15/20 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 17 I TRNS: 1

Boar Pup HP: 1/5
Boar Pup A I HP: 0/5
Boar Pup B I HP: 2/5

Edited by Plini
edited EVA stat becuase I forgot to put it

"Eh?" Shirogane almost lost track of their current objective. If Plini didn't have an AoE attack then she would have to deal with it all. Not that it would be a danger, she had enough defense. "O-Ok change of plans, I will attract two more but that's it then you try to deal with them one by on..." Shirogane got flustered. It felt like Plini was relying on her when it comes to strategy but now she can't think of what to do other than attract more mobs.

A boar pup charged at her but she managed to dodge it, it was a fortunate thing she could still move away from their attacks. She wasn't scared of the damage they could deal, she was worried that her thorns might kill them off.

Then her worries came true as if it was an unwanted wish granted

The boar pup from earlier and the last one she struck charged towards her. She raised her arms to guard her chest, using her spear to push them back "oh no..." her thorns began kicking in and it was strong enough to obliterate the two boar pups "I-I'm sorry Plini I didn't mean to..." she pointed her spear at the remaining boar pup in front of her "stay away! l-let Plini land the killing blow!" she yelled.

Shirogane used <<Sonice Charge>>
ID:182948 BD: 1 [fail] MD: 5 [fail]
ID:182949 BD: 6+1=7 [success] MD: 7 [success]
ID: 182950 MD: 7 [success]
Shirogane dealt 3 damage to Boar Pup D
Boar Pup D dealt 3 - 17 MIT = 1 damage to Shirogane
Boar Pup D is damaged by thorns [9 dmg]
Boar Pup B dealt 1 damage to Shirogane
Boar Pup B is damaged by thorns [9 dmg]

Shirogane 
HP: 199/200 I EN: 10/20 I DMG: 3 I ACC: 1 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 17 I TRNS: 1

Boar Pup HP: 1/5
Boar Pup B I HP: 0/5
Boar Pup C I HP 5/5
Boar Pup D I HP 0/5

Edited by Shirogane

"Hmm?" Plini almost lowered his guard as he saw Shirogane shoo away the boar pups. It was an interesting effect, return damage. It would be viable for someone who is tanking shots but it seem to be not newbie-friendly. Add the unfortunate factor of the tusk nothing dropping anytime soon, Plini had to come up with something effective because clearly, Shirogane's shyness is enough to kill the boar pups.

The first boar he attacked tried to ram him with it's tusk but Plini shrugged it off and slashed at it with power enough to split it in half. The boar died but no tusk again, how sad. Plini sighed "we can always find another way to team up but for now..." he raised his Destrezas "try not to waste energy." It was what he could think of at the moment, now he needs to figure out how to land blows and get the last hit.

ID: 183329 BD: 9 [critical] MD: 4 - 2 [fail]
ID: 183330 LD: 7 + 1 = 8 [no tusk] [1/3]
Savvy activated [+2 BD until next successful attack]

Shirogane 

Boar Pup HP: 0/5
Boar Pup C I HP 5/5
Boar Pup D I HP 0/5

"Ok!" she exclaimed. Plini was right, there was no need to waste energy gathering a lot of boar pups. Lure one and let Plini take the last hit, that way she won't be wasting a lot of energy for AoE attacks.  Shirogane synched her movement with the remaining boar pup who charged at her. She still had the aggro and it would mean Plini can land a hit after it attacks her

The tip of her naginata clashed with the tusk, she aimed just right to stop it from skewering her but at the same time it was rendering her attack useless. The moment she shift her weight is the moment she loses the chance to land a successful attack. The clash continued and she was hoping she could chip away half of its health.

ID: 183386 BD: 4+1= 5 [fail] MD: 3 [fail]

Shirogane 

Boar Pup C I HP 5/5
Boar Pup D I HP 0/5

"That's no good" Plini sprinted towards the boar who seem to be doing a sumo duel with Shirogane. She had the strength but it was a bit on the defense side despite having a deadly-looking spear. It took only less than five seconds and the two of them are trying to push back the boar pup "why the hell is this one persistent?" he asked.

The boar pup pushed them both back, what an embarrassing turn of events. Plini landed on his back and Shirogane on top of him "one boar is becoming more than trouble for us..." Plini held Shirogane's arms and rolled over wit her as the boar went past them "can you pin it down again? it seems to be agitated because we killed a lot in a short span of time" he told her while helping the lady stand up by wrapping his arm around her, holding his sword on the other.

ID: 183389 BD: 2+2 Savvy = 4 [fail]

Shirogane 

Boar Pup C I HP 5/5
Boar Pup D I HP 0/5

"Pin it down then!" Shirogane shifted the weight of her spear downwards sending the tusk of the boar to the ground. Since a lot of force was applied the tusk buried itself easily "persistence ends here" she uttered before slicing at the neck of the boar with her spear. The attack was rather too effective as it killed the creature so quick "a-a critical hit?!" she thought.

It seemed like a splendid attack but she had other worries, now both of them might end up in a stalemate of tactics. "I can't tank it because my armor itself can kill them so..." she couldn't think of a way "come one Shiro, think of a plan. Don't look dumb on him" she thought as she scratched her head. Plini seemed attentive and she thought that it wouldn't take long before the guy finds out that they'll be having a hard time gathering tusks.

ID: 183463 BD: 10 [critical success] MD: 2 [fail]
Shirogane dealt 3+2=5 damage to Boar Pup C

Shirogane 

Boar Pup C I HP 0/5
Boar Pup D I HP 0/5

Edited by Shirogane
  • 2 weeks later...

"Is she flustered? or just pressured because this looks like a senpai-kouhai situation?" Plini wasn't sure how to respond. It would seem that they can only try to keep the battle in the smallest scale possible because if Shirogane tanks, the boar pups die at the might of her armor which makes looting difficult for him. "How about this Miss Shiro" Plini pointed his sword at one boar pup.

The wild animal quickly recognized the threat that Plini is trying to impose and charged at him "ah too hasty" he placed his free arm behind him and gracefully dodged the tusk attack. He then swung his left arm, sword in hand and sliced from the head to its tail. The boar flinched, a sliver of HP left "step in if the situation gets dangerous, but for now i don't think this one can toss me up like a salad."

ID: 184482 BD: 10 [critical success] MD: 2 - 3 = fail
Savvy proc [+2 BD until next success roll]
Plini dealt 2+2=4 damage to Boar Pup

Shirogane 

Boar Pup: 1/5

"O-Ok but are you sure?" she asked as Plini laid down another plan for them. A threatening pose was enough for Plini to gain the attention of a boar roaming. It was probably her imagination but the player just did what seemed to be a fencing stance. "He knows fencing? or maybe he was just letting the sword art flow like one" she thought. It was kinda subtle unlike how she sees her senpai unleash attacks with references to kendo. 

She held her spear tight as Plini and the boar clashed, it ended quickly though as Plini remains true to his goal. "Step in when things get ugly just like he said" she thought. She kept her breath steady and held her spear in a defensive stance "the first thing to do is defend him from any fatal attacks" she wasn't sure if that can happen seeing as Plini seemed good at counter-attacks "built like a solo player, or a scout" she uttered.

[Shirogane stands ready]

Sword pointed forward
Eyes on the target
Make it swift, don't dawdle

Perhaps the boar has already made its point and that all Plini needs to do is conclude this battle. The boar bucked at him with such ferocity that it felt like the last leg of the battle. "Quite a willpower for an AI" Plini muttered. As Shirogane stood ready for anything dangerous, Plini kept his breathing steady "less movement, fatal stri-" the boar tried to impale him, an attempt that could've been deadly if Plini was slow.

If Plini was slow...

A step back,eyes meeting at a short distance, and a quick strike to the head of the boar. It looked like he attacked with a blunt weapon but rest assured, Plini slashed at it. The animal let out a shriek and exploded into fragments and what as left is a piece of its tusk, a fine addition to his quest collection.

ID: 184565 BD: 9 [critical] MD: 1 fail
Plini dealt 2+1=3 damage to Boar Pup
ID: 184566 LD: 17+1=18
Boar Pup Tusk acquired [2/3]

Shirogane 

Boar Pup: 0/5

• 3 weeks later...

Shirogane lowered her spear a soon as she saw the boar die. "Are you ok? w-well you seem to have taken less damage so keep at it" she told him. The girl opened her inventory to see if she had something that could help Plini but unfortunately she was less equipped for this. She took a deep breath and looked at the player. Plini's playstyle was quite fascinating. Incorporating fencing with his sword arts despite his low-level, Shirogane wouldn't suprised with Crozeph actually doing kendo moves because his level speak of it but for Plini.

"He seems to know a lot of stuff but lacks practice of it. This virtual world must've been a nice practice ground for things he read" she thought. His build leans to being nimble too, lightweight over heavy attacks. "I can do that also with my spear but I'm planning to switch it with martial arts so-" she saw another boar approaching, tusks sharp as a newly-sharpened pencil.

Now that Shirogane is on standby, Plini can worry less about the mobs getting killed too quickly. it would be a bit tedious but better than him not getting the last hit and get his quest items. He only needed one anyway, that means killing this boar pup charging towards him is his last chance to get it or another gateway to another fight.

Right arm on his back and his left arm forward, Destrezas in hand. He wasn't sure if it would be a successful strike, luck is not on his side always but at least he's got the stats to face off with this kind of mob. Plini received the blow as the boar reached him, it almost felt like a powerful attack but it turns out, he was just hit hard enough to flinch back. A lost opportunity, maybe the battle with still take longer with this.

ID: 186859 BD: 2 MD: 10
Boar pup dealt 3 damage to Plini

Plini | HP: 77/80 | EN: 8/8 | ACC: 0 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 9 | LD: 1
Shirogane 

Boar Pup 5/5 | DMG: 3

Shirogane was almost ready to attack when she saw him flinch "hey, are you- nevermind" she said. Plini seemed fine except that he lost the chance to deal damage with how powerful the charge was to make him flinch. She held her spear tight as she watched, Plini moving and dodging while dealing attacks at the same time, it was as if he's controlling the pace of the battle despite getting pushed back earlier.

"He does seem to know how to handle his weapon, it's just weird that it's a vanity one" she thought. Most of the players she sees has a well crafter weapon, loaded with enhancements that gives them an edge either on farming or fighting powerful creatures. Plini was different or rather the first one she saw as different, his weapon was a normal one yet he handles it with enough grace. "I wonder what his reasons are for having an equip like that."