[PP-F1] Forced Acquaintances - <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

"Oh, I heard about the dragons." He said, his eyes sparkling beneath the hood. "I know they're supposed to be dangerous, but damn am I excited to meet one!" After saying that however, his thoughts lead to another mob he mentioned, and his body relaxed in disappointment. "That giant bat I already saw though. One of the beginning quests. He wasn't much fun to fight." When he gave the signal to head off Akio kicked off the rock and landed on his feet. The journey through the forest was rather boring. Neither of them really knew what to talk about, and he was constantly on guard in case the other player tried anything.

And then they found the variant. Well.. All that worrying for such a short period of time.. "Eeeeww. Who designed this for a boss? Maybe it's looks are to make up for it's stats?" As he looked over the creature however, he noticed what he was guessing was his ovule. Akio wondered if that was his weak spot or something. Well, only one way to find out. Taking his stance, he waited until the monster set it's sights on Spencer. Once the creature swung it's vines out at the player, Akio charged forward. When he did, he slashed it's ovule which sat inside the creature twice, and stabbed it from behind as he passed before sheathing his hidden dagger again.

Akio grinned. "Hah. Piece, of..." The menu he was waiting for wasn't popping up. "...Damnit, we're going to have to fight more of these guys to get the drop, aren't we?"

[Nepent Variant] [15/15] [5 MIT] [10 DMG]
[
ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10
]

[ID# 183444] [BD: 10+3=13=hyper critical hit] [6+2*4-5=27 DMG] [Target: Nepent Variant]
                            [MD:
5-0=5=miss] [Target: Spencer]
[ID# 183445] [LD: 6=No Drop]

-----------------------------------------------

[Spencer] [Lv. 27] [H: 5]
[DMG:_4//MIT:_74//THR:_2//REC:_1//REG:_1]
HP:  [
                    ] (540/540)
EN:  [
                    ] (46/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10] [H: 0]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03]

HP:  [                    ] (250/250)
EN:  [       
             ] (20/20)
XP:  [
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepent's Ovule { Iron_Lion }: 0/1]
[Nepent's Ovule { @Spencer }: 0/1]

Edited by Iron_Lion

"Perfect We- Damnit indeed." Spencer groaned softly as he watched the creature explode into blue crystals, but not leaving behind the item the two of them needed to complete the quest. "Well, that's depressing." He muttered and looked around, trying to spot four more Nepents. "We are going to have to go after another four, but I think we should get them done and over with. I'll Howl. You can fight them without fear. If they hit me they die, and when I have an opening I can also strike. Does that work?" He had done the first four lessons quests by himself so he understood that these things could take a while. However, the quest being such a lower level than him made him irritated that the two of them couldn't get it done faster. Well, lets become a full fledged tank and get everything going, shall we? He thought to himself.

He spotted four Nepents and set off, readying his shield and mace. He did something similar to how he called attention from the, but this time it had a little bit of irritation mixed in with it.

Used: Howl [3 EN, 3 H on each enemy]

[Nepent 5] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]
[Nepent 6] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]

[Nepent 7] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]
[Nepent 8] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27] [H: 5]
                    ] (540/540)
                    ] (44/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10] [H: 0]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

Well. Looks like they weren't going to be getting much of a break now. They had only just killed the variant and now more nepents were coming after them. Did that mean that killing one drew the others towards them? He'd have to remember this so that he could write it down. Even still... "Yeah well keep your eye out! I think the variants draw more towards them. Not sure if it's when they die or an ability when they're alive, but it's no coincidence these guys are here immediately after killing the variant!" He took his stance and drew his hidden dagger before charging forward to take on one of the nepents. The creature didn't even have time to register Spencer's howl before the kid made his move, taking his blade and thrusting it where the varient's rare drop was, and just as he suspected he landed a critical hit. The creature screamed and Akio pumped his fist into the air. When he turned to boast about his kill his excitement altered as he saw two nepents shatter upon biting him. "Woooaaah! So that's what thorns can do! That's amazing! You just have to yell at them and they kill themselves!"

[OOC_Note: Each <Nepent Variant> can appear after 2 nepent kills. Thus both Iron_Lion & Spencer alike have their own. By killing four more nepents, both players may fight up to three variants before they are forced to summon another pair of nepents.]

[ID# 184026] [BD: 10+3=13=Hyper_Critical_Hit] [6+2*2=16 DMG] [Target: Nepent 5]
[ID#
184027] [MD: 1-0=1=miss] [Target: Spencer]
[ID# 184028] [MD: 7-0=7=hit] [3-74=1 DMG] [-18 HP [Thorns]] [Target: Spencer]
[ID# 184029] [MD: 7-0=7=hit] [3-74=1 DMG] [-18 HP [Thorns]] [Target: Spencer]
[ID# 184030] [MD: 3-0=3=miss] [Target: Spencer]

[Nepent 5] [0/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]
[Nepent 6] [0/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]

[Nepent 7] [0/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]
[Nepent 8] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop][Spencer: H3]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
[H5: 5] [H6: 5] [H7: 5] [H8: 5]

] (540/540)
                    ] (44/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[H5: 0] [H6: 0] [H7: 0] [H8: 0]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepents Slain { Iron_Lion} : 1/2]
[Nepent's Ovule { @Spencer }: 0/1]

Edited by Iron_Lion

Spencer smiled slightly when Shiroe was happily surprised about the Thorns. "Yep! Thorns actually really comes in handy. Drawing hate then having them attack me is a really good pattern that I need to increase even more. Luckily, with my familiar, I can hold off on mitigation for now on my armor and focus on armor and other things akin to that." He smiles a bit while he talks about his build and his familiar. "I don't think I've asked, but what is your build? I'm assuming you are going more so towards DPS, but I could be mistaken. DPS is always a good build. I know.. a lot of people who are going down that path." He shrugged and smiled.

Spencer then turned to the last Nepent and readied his War-Hammer, waiting for an opportunity. However, the enemy was moving a lot faster than he was expecting. Spencer shook his head and tried to swing upwards to take it out, however the Nepent dodged. "All you, can't seem to make a good swing on it."

ID: 184420 BD: 3 CD: 11

[Nepent 8] [7/7][3 DMG][No Drop]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
[H5: 5] [H6: 5] [H7: 5] [H8: 5]

] (540/540)
                    ] (43/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[H5: 0] [H6: 0] [H7: 0] [H8: 0]

] (20/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepents Slain { Iron_Lion} : 1/2]
[Nepent's Ovule { @Spencer }: 0/1]

Edited by Spencer

"Hate huh? That's what draws attention of the monsters right?" Tanks distract the opponent due to focusing on defensive capabilities and strong armor to protect themselves. Specifically heavy armor and shields, though there are some others. 'I didn't read up on any of the enhancements other than DPS ones... But.' 'Akio's eyes narrowed in deep thought. 'Always read up on the latest equipment to know what you're up against.' His fist tightened in self-scolding for such an obvious mistake. 'If I ever have to fight a tank, it would benefit me to do research on the subject...' With that said, or thought rather, he was already making up for it by studying this player. While he couldn't see the player's status menu due to them being separate players and not in a party, he couldn't know for certain, but glancing at Spencer's health bar, he was willing to bet there were additional hate points that generated after the howl skill. If Akio built up hate points against the nepents that exceeded those, then he'd be attacked instead... But then Spencer would just howl again and the whole thing would repeat.

"Huh? Oh I'm trying to train enough to become an as-" catching himself before he gave himself away, Akio coughed to try and cover what he just said off. "a DPS. Sounds more fun don't you think?" Akio crossed his fingers in hopes that Spencer didn't catch that. Wanting to get this over with and move on from this quest, Akio took his stance and charged forward. He almost tripped and fell as he stepped on a loose stone, forgetting for a moment about his environment: the forest, which had loose objects everywhere, but the system's accuracy mechanics adjusted his footing which enabled him to strike all the way through, shattering the nepent. Though he did stumble forward a few feet trying to regain his balance. "Woah.. I'm ok!"

[ID# 184494] [BD: 3+3=6=Hit] [6*2=12 DMG] [Target: Nepent 8]
[ID#
184495] [MD: 3-0=3=miss] [Target: Spencer]

[Nepent 8] [0/7][3 DMG][No Drop]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
[H8: 5]

] (540/540)
                    ] (43/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]
[H8: 0]
[DMG:_06//EVA:_03//ACC:_03]

] (16/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepent's Ovule { Spencer }: 0/1]

[POST COUNT: 25]

Edited by Iron_Lion

"Yep! Hate is the main trigger for Aggro. Some monsters have AOEs much like how players have them, which can usually ignore Aggro from it attacking multiple individuals. So having Mitigation is always good no matter if you're a DPS or a Tank." He shrugs and smiles, keeping an eye on the last Nepent. Luckily for the both of them, it died rather quickly at the hands of Shiroe. He smiled and clapped his hands together. "Well round two of fighting the Nepents went well! Shall we start looking for the Variant to try and end this quest?"

Spencer picked up Noot and held him for a moment, not wanting the familiar to get lost, even though he really can't get lost as he is an AI that is programmed to follow him. "Also, commenting on the DPS remark from earlier. A DPS does indeed look fun. I don't have the best timing so being able to stand here and take blows is a bit better for myself." He shrugs a bit. "However, you seem to be rather good with your timing."

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
                    ] (540/540)
                    ] (44/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (16/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepent's Ovule { Spencer }: 0/1]

[POST COUNT: 26]

"I mean... Yeah, defense is nice and all... But I'd rather not be hit at all. Plus, having heavy metal armor isn't the way I wanna go." He said before looking down at his armor, and then proceeded to stretch his arms in different directions. "I prefer armor that I can actually move around in myself." With their conversation and their fight having ended, Akio gave a firm nod with an excited gleam in his eyes. "Yeah! That stupid variant is gonna give me it's ovule one way or another!" And with that the two went off on their adventure yet again. And of course, as before, Akio was brimming with child-like energy. As they walked through the forest, Spencer went on about how part of being a DPS was timing and how he didn't have the hang of that. Akio hummed in thought. "Mmmmmmm... I don't think you'd have a problem like that in this world. I mean. Against players, yeah definitely. But I found that the system helps players get the timing right against monsters. I mean, how else would non-experienced players be able to... Well... Play?" 'Of course, I don't exactly have the right to say any of that. Given that my mother trained me to defend myself.'

It didn't take long for them to run into the nepent variant. As they approached it, Akio took a stance. "If I can't kill it in one hit, you draw it's hit, k?" Akio was determined to take this sucker down and get that ovule this time. With that, he pushed off of the small mound of dirt he'd made when he took his stance, pulled out his hidden dagger and attacked. While his timing was perfect, he had forgotten to take one variable into account. "D-the dumb thing dodged it?!" The variant stepped to the side, narrowly avoiding Akio's hit, who barely managed to catch himself and avoid falling flat on the ground. Luckily the creature wanted to attack Spencer instead of him, and rushed over with it's vine like feet. However, it's sense of timing was bad, as it made it's attack before it even reached Spencer.

[ID# 184841] [BD: 1+3=4=Miss] [Target: Nepent Variant]
[ID#
184842] [MD: 5-0=5=miss] [Target: Spencer]

[
]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
                    ] (540/540)
                    ] (44/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (17/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepents Ovule { Iron_Lion} : 0/1]

Tag: @Spencer

[POST COUNT: 27]

Edited by Iron_Lion
  • 3 weeks later...

Spencer readied his mace and was prepared to attack the Nepent Variant. He was honestly very surprised that it was able to dodge Shiroe's attack. However it wasn't even able to hit Spencer, which made him laugh just a little bit. "Okay, well this one doesn't seem too bad. Dodgy but its accuracy is terrible." He nodded to Shiroe and raised his shield, slamming it down and letting out a loud yell. A red aura flowed over Spencer, his Focused Howl ability activating to draw the attention of the creature.

He slowly circled the creature, making sure its line of sight was being pulled away from Shiroe and primarily just on him. "Maybe this will help? I'm not sure how dodgy it is with being focused on me. But hopefully when it strikes me, the basta- the awful creature will die and we will get the item then. If not, we have round three on our hands unfortunately." He laughed and sighed, not really wanting to deal with ANOTHER one of the Nepent Variants. "Prepare though, we may be out here for a long time." He said with a bit of bitterness on his tongue,

Using [Focused Howl] for 5 Hate Against the Nepent Variant

[Spencer: H 5]
[
]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
                    ] (540/540)
                    ] (40/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (17/20)
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepent's Ovule { Iron_Lion} : 0/1]

Akio growled at the monster. This stupid thing was being annoying. It couldn't hurt them, so it should just give up it's rare drop already! They didn't have time to do this over and over again! "I don't care about it's stupid accuracy!" Akio said, a bit of his frustration seeping through. "I just want to find them quickly. Kill them quickly. And get the stupid drop! Should they all have this thing if it's part of their body? Why didn't the last one drop it?!" Akio took a deep breath and let it out slowly as he took his stance again. He didn't have time to get angry. "Fear keeps you alive. Love pushes you forward. Anger makes you stronger, but reckless. Be cautious not to be consumed by it." He watched as the monster made it's way over to Spencer and tried to get his timing right. Adjusting his footing, unsheathing his dagger and holding it in his hand. He took a deep breath. Activated the sword arts without moving. And charged. He aimed not for it's weak spot, just in case that's what lost him the ovule last time, but close to it. With a fearsome thrusting slash, he landed a solid hit and killed the Nepent Variant. After the strike, he spun his dagger in his hand before sheathing it and heard the shattering of it's body. He closed his eyes and crossed his fingers.

.......Bing!........

He opened his eyes, and was delighted to see that he'd finally received the Variant's Ovule drop, and had received the final objective of returning it to the quest givers in the town. He shook with excitement before jumping up into the air both fists pumping upward. "Alriiiiight! Finally!" He turned to Spencer and pulled out the Ovule with a big grin on his face. "That's mine down! And according to our agreement, it's a partnership. So I won't head back until we find you yours. But at least we know it's not that bad. Now we just need to find you a-" He heard something rushing towards them and turned just in time to roll out of the way as another nepent rush at them. This one was a weak one however, so Akio just threw his dagger at the creature, having activated a weak sword art, and took it out. "...Can we just go now before we get stuck in another battle?..."

[ID# 186715] [BD: 8+3=11=Hit] [6*4-5=19 DMG] [Target: Nepent Variant]
[ID#
--------] [MD: ?-?=?=miss] [Target: Spencer]
[ID# 186716] [LD: 14] [+1 Ovule -> Iron_Lion]

[Nepent Variant] [0/15] [5 MIT] [10 DMG]
[
]

[Spencer] [Lv. 27]
                    ] (540/540)
                    ] (44/54)

[Iron_Lion] [Lv. 10]

] (14/20) -4+1
                    ] (0/3)

[Nepents Ovule { Iron_Lion} : 1/1] [Objective Complete!]
          [New Objective: Return Ovule to Town:
0/1]

Tag: @Spencer

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer was more than happy once he realized that the fight was over and the two of them were able to finally finish the quest. "Yes, lets get back to the city. While I like fighting as much as the next guy, knowing how long that battle just took really... really makes me want to be done." The battle did not take that long, but Spencer wasn't really in the mood to constantly play lawn mower to all of these lower leveled mobs. "Well, glad our work here is done." He sheathed his mace and began walking with his companion back to the city where they got the quest in the first place.

While the two of them walked, he debated on giving him advice, but eventually decided to, knowing that he could put his foot in his mouth any way it went. "Hey Shiroe... If you don't mind me saying. You have a good skill. However, I worry that your anger about things might cloud your judgement..." His voice trailed off for a moment. "If people underestimate you, that can be an advantage. Let them expect little and get hit by a lot." He smiled and entered the city, happy to be done.

Rewards
500 XP To Both [Quest], 600 XP to Spencer [Pages], 200 XP to Iron_Lion [Pages]

200 Col to Spencer, 200 Col to Iron_Lion