[F17-PP] Master Chef to be (Challenge of Olympus)

Post Counter: 1

After an interesting day of lion hunting, she glances at the clock on her top right next to the map. It was just after 6 pm and she knew that she needed to do this Challenge quest before the day was up. Before she headed out this morning she already got the quest and excepted it but other things presented themselves. Freya was now ready to take on this quest. She opens her HUD and opens the Challenge of Olympus quest and tracks it. Eyes meet her map and she was still a ways away from the marker that is provided. With a sigh as she was already sorta tired from her earlier adventure, she begins to walk the decently long track that was ahead of her. Now that she was alone she would take this time to think. She pulls out the wooden carved horse that her father gave her for her birthday.

Freya | HP:840/840 | EN:82/82 | DMG:16 | EVA:2 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:1

Spoiler

Freya
Level: 41
HP: 840/840
EN: 82/82

Stats:
Damage: 16
Evasion: 2
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Grim Reminder - Sorrow (T2/Perfect/2HBA): Damage 2, Bleed 1
Armor: Dark Embrace - Sacrifice (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): Evasion 2, Recovery 1
Misc: Bringer (Tierless/Perfect/Trinket): Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Axe [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Charge [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter (Rank 1)
Survival (No SP used yet)

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Resistance Plate - Lily (T1/Perfect/HA): Mitigation 27
Silver Band - Farore's Wind: (T1/Perfect/Trinket) Loot Dice 3

Housing Buffs:
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 2

Her eyes focus on the edgings and it really was a great piece. She was wondering how long it took to make such a precious memento. She was very curious because Griswold had huge hands and it was so small. It would have taken a while to get it just right. Freya smiles and holds it to her chest as she continues to walk through the warm floor. It was clear that Griswold would do anything for his twins but she felt a bit bad that Anna was left alone in the real world. This place was really beautiful and she wished that Anna had the chance to see it. Hell, she wished that she had a chance to meet Anna now that they were all grown up. Her mind starts to wonder when Griswolds and Anna's birthday was. Griswold did say that he saw some of her in Freya and it pained her to know that she wouldn't be able to see her if they didn't get out of this game of hell. 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 3

She was deep in thought now when she suddenly feels a tug on her pant leg. Glancing down it was Ko. "What are you doing here and how did you get out?" Freya came to the conclusion that maybe Gaius had opened the shop door and Ko just darted out. It didn't explain though how she got here... Familiars are a weird thing and assuming she just teleported to Freya knowing where she was with the bond that they had and the really wanting to be with Freya at the moment. Picking Ko up now she says "You can't just run like that. That is how you make people worry about you." Meeting Ko's eyes, her ears go back like she was sad. "Aww Ko," she says with sad eyes. Taking a deep breath she rubs her face against Ko's now. "I can't stay mad at you, just don't do that again okay. I really don't know what I would do if I lost you."  

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 4

Ko gives a purr as Freya places her forehead against Ko's now. "This is what Setsuna was saying. You are unpredictable, and if you want to come to battle with me, then we had to be on the same page all the time. Hmm," Freya starts to think... "We need a keyword so that you know when I need you to grow big. A simple word..." Setting Ko on her shoulders now she continues toward the Nav marker. "Eruda's is flame-up which causes Raserei to react and do her thing. Hmm," Freya starts to remember a book she read, it was a culture book with different language inforced within it. "What do you think about the word Aufladen. It means to charge up. Whenever I say this word while in combat you turn big and spit fire at my weapon to give me that boost. If we are slick maybe you can even help give me an opening to attack." 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 5

"What do you say? Would you be interested in helping me like that?" glancing to Ko at this point as she looks very excited at what Freya was telling her. Ko jumps of Freya's shoulders and runs a bit into the distance. Freya takes her weapon out watching Ko. She was completely focused on Freya and what she was doing now. A grin forms on Freya's face as they connect their eyes with one another. She focuses on Ko, she needed this to work if they had any chance in working together in battle. She didn't want to keep leaving Ko in the back lines while she stood there and fought. She wanted Ko with her... "Aufladen KO," as she says this beneath both their feet, a green circle appears. She could feel the warmth of her bond with Ko now and instantly Ko turns into her larger form with a burst of flames around Ko where she stood.

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 6

Freya wanted to see how good of an aim Ko was so she starts running and as she passes Ko her Scythe glows a gold color before a spitball of flames hit her weapon. "AGAIN," as she pivots to the left trying to make Ko miss but the flames hit the weapon again. This time she was going to purposely try to move out of the way to see how Ko would react to it. Freya turns toward Ko while back peddling backward saying "Again," as Ko spits another small ball of fire. Freya waits till it gets closer and then moves out of the way quickly. Ko instantly shoots another toward Freya's weapon causing it to connect. Ko runs to Freya to catch up leaving a trail of burnt grass in her path. "So when you miss you keep firing till you hit. That is nice to know and this is huge progress Ko." Before she knew it she comes upon a mountainside. I was huge and the path guiding up was long. 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 7

She would use this as a training section until she had to do her challenge for this Goddess. Glancing up the trail Freya sees a boulder that was larger than her. "Get ready Ko," Freya says as she activates her sword art toward the large rock's bottom surface. With a crash against the ground, the boulder starts to tumble down at a large speed. Freya readies her Scythe as Ko runs at the target. Ko smashes her body against the large rock and changes its course as it flies into the sky. Freya then runs past Ko and jumps against the rocky wall. Pushing herself off the wall she carves her Scythe into the boulder. Upon impact, the rock explodes sending jagged rocks and pebbles in every which direction. Freya lands on the ground and covers her face from the raining pebbles now. "Ko that was great. I can't wait till we have an actual target to practice on."

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 8

Ko being excited does a back flip in place. Freya chuckles saying "Let's get up this mountain trail so that we can get this done. I need to figure out what to cook for this person." While she walks, Freya looks up to the sky putting a single finger on her chin. "I could make steak but that would be way to plain. I need something exciting. Hmm," Thing that she needed to start with a base. A constant taste that would be noticeable with each course. Maple maybe, you can't go wrong with maple. "OH shit. I need to sent Freyd the daily message..." Quickly opening her HUD before she get to far up the mountain. With the message sent her HUD chimes and Freyd moments later falls from the black circle of glitchyness. "Welcome back," A simple "Thank you," as she stands and waits for him to collect himself. A few minutes pass before he heads off to do his own thing. Freya smiles happy to help as she continues up the mountain side.

Vanity Tag: @Freyd - The Whisper in Shadows

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 9

As they walk up the mountain path Ko walks next to Freya, they were taking a break from the training that they were doing as she knew that a thin path was not a very good place to do such things. A few more strides upward as a frame comes into view. A large Minotaur, very curious but assumed that it was part of they quest. Why else would something like this just show up out of seemingly no where when just seconds ago nothing was there. "You here to guide me up big guy," Freya says to this creature with a smile. Ko's ears perk up seeing him. "You seem confident, its a nice refreshing pace from the others Iv'e brought up this path. Come, follow me and I will bring you to you challenge and my mistress." The large guy turns and starts walking up the path. "Be careful moving forward. It can be a bit rough around these parts." Freya gives a small chuckle but walks behind him with Ko by her side.

Post Counter: 10

After a while more of walking up this trail and a few dodging movements from rubble that fell from the rocky walls that surround this path, they finally come to the top. In view now, something she was unable to see from the bottom of this mountain, was a very large Cathedral type building. Windows surround the building exterior with the height of the building. A large set of metal fabricated doors reveal the entrance into this building. The Minotaur walks to these doors and opens them with ease. Freya walks past him without a word. Looking inside the building now, it was beautiful. Glancing to the windows that she saw from the outside, they more amazing from the inside. Unique designs littered each glass with patterns that swirls within each other. It was unlike anything that she had seen before. A table like the one in the Guildhall but much larger was placed in this large room. 

Post Counter: 11

In each chair around this table sat a shadowed figure, in all but one which revealed a smaller figured female with a red robe. The hood covers her face, but as she stands and approaches Freya, she pulls the hood from her head to look at Freya. Her green eyes meet red concealment. Freya simply smiles, saying "You must be Hestia." Smiling back "And you must be Freya, Welcome," as she waves a hand through the air around presenting the wide open space. "This Challenge will make or break your attempts at being a perfesional Chef. Make something that will fancy my taste buds and maybe I will let you have what I have to offer you. Fail and well you can just consider yourself useless to me." Hestia walks to a table that had a few ingredients and tools places upon it. "If you need more that what is here just think it and it will appear in your grasp." She scoffs a bit as she walks back to her chair and takes a seat. 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 12

"Well, you don't know me very well if you already have deemed me to fail your little test. Just wait, what I am about make you, it will blow the shit out of your mind," Freya says with a grin now. Her eyes shift around her surrounding and just to the right was a wide open kitchen. Making her way there she investigates what is available to her. Finding everything that she could possibly need for dishes, she starts pulling stuff out. At this point she didn't care about the mess just that she proved the Goddess wrong about her. Walking back to the table after pulling everything out she contemplates on the food materials that would be needed now. A large steak appears before her and she smiles as more ingredients make themselves visible in her view. Taking all the stuff to the kitchen now she thinks about exactly how she was going to create this...

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 13

She remembered this recipe from a cookbook that she used back home. She hadn't actually made it before, but today that was exactly what she was going to do. It was something that she wanted to make her father if she ever met him again. Freya would perfect it here and make it for her father in the soon future. Wiping down the counter surface with a wet hand towel, she places the large steak slab on the clean counter top and takes a fork in hand. Stabbing the exterior of this softly as she wanted it to soak the flavors easily. Setting this aside, she mixes a bunch of liquid ingredients together and uses a whisk to properly blend it together. Placing the steak in a cooking oil soaked glass pan she pours the contents of blended liquids over the steak slowly. Flipping the steak a few times in the pan, she makes sure that the steak is nice and soaked.

Post Counter: 14

Letting the steak sit for a while in the marinade mixture, she gets her glaze ready. Preheating the oven now, it has been 20 minutes since she set the steak in the mixture. It was sure to be well and soaked by now. Freya sets the steak in the oven and sets a mental timer for 10 minutes. Washing her hands now she cleans up the mess that she made and all that remained on the counter top now was a bowl of Honey Teriyaki glaze. Glancing to Ko, she seemed to be licking up something that dropped on the floor. Freya shrugs and allows it. Her eyes looked at the time, she gets the hot pads out of the drawer and takes the steak from the oven. Taking a large paint brush looking this for just this thing, she dips it in the glaze and coats the steak with it. Using the tongs to flip the steak she coats this side in the same matter. Placing it back into the oven, she waits another 15 minutes. While she waits, she cooks some Jasmine Rice and fries up some whole uncut asparagus. Simple salt and butter to give it some flavor. 

Post Counter: 15

Freya takes the steak out and brings everything off the burner the moment it was done. With the steak still in the pan, she takes a steak knife and cuts it into long pieces. Freya smiles seeing that it was a cooked medium rare. Placing each long slab on the plate in a professional design, she takes a scoop of rice and places it next to the steak slabs. Freya drizzles this with Teriyaki Sauce. Taking the tongs she grabs a clump on the Asparagus and sets it on the plate. Taking a deep breath as she turns the oven off, she grabs a fork and spoon with a  steak knife. She grabs a soft fabric and folds it in half as it was intended to be used as a napkin if needed. Setting the plate in front of Hestia now she says "Don't tell me I can't do something because it will just make me want to succeed even more. Enjoy," Freya says as she walks to the counter and starts cleaning the rest of the dishes that she had left.

Post Counter: 16

Hestia stares down at the food and thinks it looks wonderful, but she wasn't going to tell Freya that, at least not yet. She takes the fork and knife in hand and cuts through one of the meat chunks. Cutting through is neatly, "The steak is soft." Freya rolls her eyes not looking at her, not sure if it was meant as an insult or a compliment. Hestia takes the first bite and it was mouth watering. The texture and taste was both sweet and spicy. They blended well together. Taking another bite, her eyes gleam with excitement. She sets the fork and knife down and picks up the spoon. Taking a bite of the rice now, just enough sauce was added to where it wasn't too sweet. Just enough salt and it was by all means not bland at all. A small hum of tastefulness as she sets the spoon down and picks the fork back up. Taking a bite of the Asparagus now she closes her eyes, giving another hum of improvement. "Did you even have issues doing any of this, it is very well portioned out with the tastes."

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 17

Freya gets done with the dishes. Wiping her hands on the towel, she turns to Hestia. "No..." in reality, though she did. She had trouble at first getting the marinade mixture to taste right. She put to much of one thing in and it through everything else off. She almost burned the rice too. Freya wasn't going to tell her though because she was here to complete a task and learn from it and she definitely did. Not everything will go her way in the kitchen and sometimes things will need to be redone and remixed. Fire was a possibility too, but she knew enough to prevent that sort of thing in the kitchen, that and Gaius would kill her if she set his home on fire. The bottom line was that she had a great teacher. Gaius really knew what he was doing and by taking tips and advice from the man that she could have very possibly loved, it would make her a better Chef in the long run. 

Post Counter: 18

Hestia seemed to be really enjoying it. Freya leans against the counter top watching as Hestia ate the entire plate. Setting the utensils down, she stands, clapping her hands together. Walking to Freya now lifting off her seat saying "You are remarkable at what you do. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. " A smile peers on the edge of her mouth. "I am happy to present you with this, symbolizing your worth in this Chef world. It's a shame that you have to waste your talent here though," she says with a smirk. Freya at this point knew exactly what she was talking about, but she was not wasting it by any means. She was cooking breakfast every morning for the one she cared about. She was putting smiles on other people's faces like Freyd with the effort she brought into it. She was making people happy above all else. 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 19

"With all do respect Hestia, I am not wasting my talent here. I am putting smiles on faces that would normal be frowning. Soon I will be helping my guild out more than they could ever imagine and with this flame of yours, It will help me be better. I have a great teacher and huge support from the people that I love most in this world and that is all I can ask for. Thank you though, but I don't need to be criticized first before telling me that I am amazing. All the bad things in my life are not worth the bother. " Hestia hands Freya the Flame wide eyed. Freya puts it in a small case, placing it in her bag. Freya leaves it at that and walks through the large metal doors with Ko at her feet. She was working so hard on balancing the bad from the good and the last thing she needed was to be talked down to. 

Edited by Freya

Post Counter: 20

She knew she was a great cook and she was there to show Hestia exactly that. It was her passion back home when she wasn't hanging with her friends. Eruda would help her cook, but it just really wasn't her thing in the end. What most people don't know is that when she made something that was completely gross in every way possible, she would force herself to eat it. It was her way of learning what went wrong and how to fix it next time so that it never happened again. A reminder of the everything she would do differently for that specific meal to make it great. She was going to expand her recipes and make them the best she ever has. 

Freya and Ko walk down the mountain trail now. Freya was determined to get to the shop and start creating the perfect meals to help her guild out in every way she could. It was the only other way she could think of doing so rather than just fighting her way to success.

Quest Completion:
Freya
:
3 SP (1 Page Count, 1 Event Bonus, 1 Quest Reward)
Hestia's Flame: (+1) CD Tool

Simmone (Guild Treasury):
400*Col (Page Count)

Edited by Freya