[PP-F13] Friend Finder. <<Feeding your Enemy>>

Weed was doing his usual amount of foraging on the thirteen floor. The floor grew interesting herbs that were helpful as he tried to power raise his alchemy. “Hello young man!” Weed stopped the flash of the axe that was about to fly at the old lady. He may be under leveled but years of field work made him slightly sensitive.

“Hello.” It was all he said as he was unsure if the current NPC was friendly or not. “You have a strong aura about you. I would say you would make a decent tamer. Here is some food. Go out and make a new friend.” A quest showed up in his log. A flash of surprise showed up on his face. It was a quest his guildmates told him about. It was why he kept the pheromone bottle in his storage. He took it out and gave himself a quick spritz.

Deciding that he may need help. He posted on the adventurer’s channel. He was fully decked on in his armor to keep himself from danger. An extra layer of protection could never be too much. He specifically kept the request to people that already had a familiar. As to keep the ones without from trying to jack his potential familiar. He decided to wait before going any deeper into the floor.

Spoiler

Name: Weed
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats (After Consuming):
Damage: 1
LD: 11
MIT: 9
REC: 2

Consumed Items:
Yui's Grace: +1 SP upon completion
Familiar Sight: +2 LD 158164
Loot Food: + 4 (with Filing) 175856-1 
Pheromone: +1 CD 148625-1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon 1HAxe:  Silver Horn Left [170447]- Taunt, Bleed 2 (8-10)
Heavy Armor: Silver Hide [173390] - Mitigation 1 (9), Recovery 2 (2)
Item: Nocturnal Ear Cuff [173405] - LD +3

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Beginner Starter Potions (3): (Heals 50 HP)
Spyglass: 2/3 Charges

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Skylight Searcher: +1 Expertise to declared utility skill (that being searcher).
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Weed: HP: 20 | EN: 2 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 9 | LD: 11 | Rec: 2 |  

Spencer yawned a bit and took in the sunlight the floor provided. While he loved the floors that don't offer as much sunlight, he would much rather be in the sun most days. He held Noot, his penguin, between his arms as he walked the cobble stone path ways. "What should I do today..." He muttered to himself as he approached the adventurer's channel to see if some people needed help. He looked at a couple postings and decided that he would go and help out a man named.... Weed. He almost laughed at the name but kept his composure. Okay, I suppose I will be doing this one today. Not to find the man. 

He searched for only a moment before finding a tall, fully armored man standing around with a name that matches the request board. "How could he need any help..." He muttered to himself before approaching the huge man. "Hello. Are you Weed? I'm Spencer. I accepted your quest support on the adventurer's channel." He tried his best to look up at the man and he friendly, he's only had to look up at someone a handful of times.

Weed was glad he was not drinking at the moment. If he was he would have been able to do a classic spit tack. When the companion accepted the request and approach he did not pay too much attention as he was lost in thought. Upon the announcement of his name Weed could have choked on air. He lost track of his favorite toy/lover upon arrival in Aincrad. He never thought he would have found him under these circumstances. This was one time Weed was glad to be wearing full armor.

“Why, yes. Hello! Thank you for accepting my request. Your help is greatly appreciated.” Weed was using the fakest customer service voice he had. He wanted to play around with Spencer. That would require him not giving himself away too quickly. “I have already accepted the quest and received the food. You can help me search in the areas clear of corruption.”

Spencer did not expect the very soft and friendly voice to be coming from a tall, built, suit of armor. He could tell it was a man, but beyond that he did not perceive much from him other than that he was probably a male. "I'm happy to help in any way I can. Got this lovely guy so I hope you can find one too." He smiled and held up the familiar in his hands. The small black and white bird (a penguin) waves at the other man and let's off a soft "Noot" before climbing on to Spencer's shoulder. "I must warn you, I'm not particularly familiar with large portions of this floor. But I will try my best to assist in finding your familiar. Speaking of which, what kind are you going for? Species that is." Spencer is wearing a smile and trying his best to come off as nice and approachable. It had been a while since he assisted a lower leveled player in questing so he was happy to start now. "I don't believe I caught your name. Is there anything you'd like me to call you by?" 

“Why, yes it is an adorable fella.” Weed was feeling like not just a tool but the entire box. Speaking like this for a long period of time would give him the urge to punch stuff. It was the main reason why he could never work in customer service. Weed would have long hauled off and punched annoyance. At least as a soldier things that annoyed him never lived long.

“Weed is fine. It is a short enough name as it is good Sir. I am also an alchemist. So a familiar of a plant type would be the most useful I believe. Finding one such creature should be easy. As I have heard, none-corrupted plant type beasts are fairly common on this floor.” Weed started walking in a general direction. He was getting tired of talking like that but was slightly nervous he would be found out if he did not. “Just inform me if you spot something and keep stuff from killing me.”

Spencer felt like he was talking to someone from Walmart, but he knew that judging him based on his voice, was not the most friendly of things to do. However, the mention of his name being 'Weed' made him cock an eyebrow for a moment before quickly lowering and acting as if everything was normal. Weed?! Who goes by Weed??!? He ignored his thoughts and nodded. "Weed it is. Well it is nice to meet you. For plant type creatures, definitely further into the forest would be the best bet. There are some creatures in there but they are not the worst thing in the world to take care of. It primarily just matters where you go." With that, Spencer began leading the way into the forest.

Spencer was keeping a look out for any possible creature that fit the man's interest, and decided to spark up a conversation with the man. "So, Weed." He still couldn't quite accept that as a good name, "what prompted you to start looking for a familiar? Wanting something to talk to? Or more of the statistical advantage?"

Weed shuddered as he prepared to use his fake voice again. He thought it was about time for him to try and flirt with Spencer to see how the guy was going to react. “I heard that the plant type creatures are useful when it comes to Alchemists. I plan on crafting often and I thought having one such creature would be useful. If it works I can get potions out to the front line faster.” 

Weed trailed behind as they walked allowing Spencer to lead the way. It was time for him to set his plan in motion. “Whoa. Look out!?” Weed suddenly raised his voice as he tripped himself at a decent timing. His tall stature should have him fall on top of Spencer from behind. Giving a perfect chance to touch the man's booty. Weed could only chuckle inwardly as he fell. It would be the second time that Spencer managed to get him to fall for him.

"Crafting is a great idea! I know I used to craft, but I quickly fell off of it when... Anyways." He sighed a bit and quickly changed the conversation. He set his familiar down on the ground, and the penguin waddled around, looking around the area. Spencer took a breath of fresh air. However, the sudden yell caught him by surprise, and he quickly spun around, mace in hand.

However, the man was already crashing down upon him. Spencer gasped and hit the ground with his back against the dirt. He was pinned down by the man's large body and the armor on top of it. "Sh*t! Are you okay?" He quickly says and tries to get up, but he can't fully lift the man. How much does this guy lift? Jesus Christ. He the man hand mostly of his body down, but his right arm was still free. He placed it on Weed's shoulder and tried to push him, but didn't fully move him, only allowing Spencer a couple inches of wiggle room. "W-What did you see?" His fear turned back on after the realization hit that Weed was worried about something coming.

It was a good thing Weed had his face covered. The flash of annoyance could be kept off it as his plan failed. Weed flashed an evil smile in his helmet before apologizing profusely. “I am so sorry. Excuse my clumsiness. The armor can be ever so difficult to move in.” He pretended to try and stand only to slip and come back down. Keeping his body on top. “Excuse me, this armor is heavy. It may be easier if you help me up.” Weed grabbed Spencer and rolled over placing himself on his back, with Spencer on top. Weed made sure to cop a feel on Spencer as sneakily as he could.

“That was a total accident, good Sir. I ask you to forgive my indiscretion. Allow me to make it up to you. Perhaps with a decent meal or something similar of your choice.” He was not pushing Spencer to get off of him at the moment. He wanted to see how the man would react on his own.

He sighed, happy that nothing was wrong with his companion. "Oh you're okay-" He grunted and winced from the phantom pain. He didn't realize this man wanted to break his ribs. "Jesus, you can't really feel pain in this game, but man that phantom pain is a b*tch." He chuckled and gasped, feeling his body rolled on top of the man. He was not expecting the quick movement from someone who was so clumsy with his armor, but he ignored it. However, he felt a red hue on his face grow as he realized he was laying directly on top of Weed. He paused for a moment, not really sure how to react. Well, he knew how part of him was reacting but he forced that out of his brain.

"I- Yes let me help you up." He took in a small breath and slowly got up, his heart and body feeling a certain type of way after being on top of a tall, built man. "Sorry about all of that. Here" He gave Weed is hand to help him up. Even though Spencer has become more confident, pieces of his shy, flustered personality are still able to peak through. "Maybe you should go about getting some more armor, or at least a bit more practice in it." He laughed a bit.

“Yes. I should practice more in this armor.” Weed was not feeling pleased by Spencer’s reaction. In a way it was nice that Spencer was not as shy at the moment. It meant that he had no reaction to Weed. Weed was just unsure if the little bit of blush Spencer did produce was from embarrassment. If it was an invitation and Weed just did not push hard enough…….. Weed had to cut the thought of as an unpleasant feeling built in his chest. He had to stop from making himself jealous of himself. He considered Spencer as his toy and he was not a fan of letting others touch his things.

Weed accepted the hand and stood up quickly. It was a shame that he was not as leveled as Spencer; he would have pulled the man into his arms. “I thank you for your assistance. I hope your girlfriend will not get jealous.” It was time for him to alleviate any suspicion for a moment. When he revealed himself it was going to be by jumping on Spencer.

The girlfriend comment caught him off guard. "A girlfriend?" He paused, then let out a loud laugh. He smiled and blushed a bit, surprised at how funny he thought being with a girl was. "Oh lord. Sorry. I'm gay. And single. So nope, never." He sighed and calmed a bit. "Sorry. No one has asked me that in a long time.... How about yourself? Any partner to speak of? And if you don't want to speak of them you fully don't have to. No pressure." Even beyond the strange voice to body ratio, the man was nice to talk to.

Noot waddled over to Weed and hugged his leg softly, looking up at the tall man and Nooting. "Sorry about him. He likes people." Spencer gets down on to his knees and picks up Noot, who is kind of fighting to break the hug. "Oh God. Sorry." He muttered and tried to pull on the penguin, still on his knees in front of the man.

Weed kept an amicable smile on his face. How dare Spencer say he was single. I mean they did not have anything serious enough between them but he should have at least thought about it. “I do not mind. I tend to like animals and pets.” Weed bent down to pet the adorable little penguin as he spoke. He changed his mind and picked up the little creature. “No need for you to be down by my knees.” That position is served for keeper.

“I never caught this feller's name. Before I forget I am single as well. Also I have a preference for men as well.” That was how Weed would normally describe his sexuality. He was not one to usually label himself. If he had to he would say gay because it was the closest.

A thought occurred to him. The best way to see Spencer’s surprised face would be to set him up for a surprise. “Since you are single. How about going on a date with me after I find my familiar?”

Spencer blushed softly at the comment of being at Weed's knees. He looked up at the man before standing up, brushing off his pants. Weed had a similar vibe that he has had with one other person, so he could feel himself being drawn to that type of feelings. He's kind of cute... I haven't even seen his face. He blush worsened for a moment before he pushed the thoughts away. "His name is Noot. Found him on the fourth floor like.... A year ago."

The mention of Weed having a preference towards Men made the man smile ever so slightly. He wasn't used to meeting so many men that had an interest in men. "Not to be rude. But wow, this game brings out a lot of people who aren't straight. I met/talked to.... Two people who weren't straight that were male identifying in the real world. Very refreshing to meet so many people like me in this game."

The mention of a date caught him off guard, but he wasn't against the idea. "You know what, it's been a long time since I've had a date. Why not. I'd be happy to have a date with you kind Sir." He was smiling brightly. "Lord knows what we will do. But we can figure it out while we walk." He was feeling overtly excited over a date.

Thank the high heavens for helmets was all Weed could believe. If his facial expressions could talk it would be asking ‘who the flying f*ck was this other man you met outside of SAO. I couldn’t find you for years and all of a sudden I wasn’t the only one outside the game.’ It was irrational jealousy but it was still jealousy. Weed only calmed down when he remembered that Spencer agreed to go on a date with him.

A rustle in the grass caught his attention. Weed did not believe it was a monster as the giant red cursor would have made for a decent giveaway. He pulled the grass back to notice an emerald green mouse. It has leaves growing out of it and looked pleasant to see and gazed back at Weed serenely. Weed felt the overwhelming desire to make it his familiar. Whenever he got like this he knew he had to have it. “I got it. I am going to try and tame this little mouse.” In his excitement he switched back to his normal voice. He placed Noot down to focus.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
183735 6 12 9 4 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Searching for familiar 2021-02-23 14:19:56

LD: 9 + 11 = 20 (Familiar Found)

Edited by Weed

Spencer smiled happily and walked with the man. It was nice to have decent company. He didn't feel much pressure for anything crazy to happen with the two of them. It was a date after all.

The rustle in the grass made Spencer draw his mace and shield, moving to try and get between the noise and Weed. Luckily he didn't make it far enough and Weed found his familiar. "Awww they're adorable!" He said to the creature. His eyebrow perked up when the voice changed, making his body react a very different way when he heard the voice of what sounded like Nathaniel. "If I may ask, Weed. Where are you from? Also, for the individual I'm going on a date with. Can I see your face? No worries if you don't want to show just yet, I just like to know who I'm having a nice time with." It was innocent enough to ask. He was curious about it before hand, but now the voice peaked his interest even more. If he was wrong, he was wrong. He didn't believe it was Nat, but he never knew for sure.

Weed gazed at the mouse with a serious expression. He did not notice the previous slip up he made. Weed took the food the old gypsy gave him out and approached the mouse. He waved the food as if he was trying to tempt a stray cat to come to him. The mouse fixed him with a stare before crawling up to the treat. The creature nibbled it and climbed up his hand. Weed picked up the small creature and examined all the stats.

“A dryad mouse. Since my name is Weed, my brother's name was Sage, and you are a plant as well. How about Lily?” Weed switched back to his disguised voice. Catching the last bit of what Spencer asked.

“Hahahaha…. I guess I must have slipped up. Well this should make interrogating you easier.” He opened his HUD and took off his helmet while speaking normally. “It has been some time. It is a good thing you have not forgotten me. So who is this other guy you met before getting trapped in the game. I have questions.” Weed used his full height as he got to Spencer this time wrapping his arms around the man. His cow ears betrayed his annoyance. Even if he was trying to make his facial expression calm.

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
183737 5 10 10 5 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Familiar taming attempt 1 2021-02-23 15:14:15

CD: 10 (Successful Taming of the Dryad Mouse Lily)

Edited by Weed

He looked at the mouse, smiling softly. He smile dropped a bit when his voice swapped back to the more disguised one. Did i imagine it? He briefly thought, but those thoughts changed when the man, Nathaniel, decided to finally reveal his identity. 

Spencer tensed up a bit at the hug from the larger man, but he slowly melted into it softly, his body betraying his irritation. The face above him made him vividly remember everything that happened between the two of them before game started, and how they hadn't really seen each other since. "Hey. I'm a bit irritated with you. So maybe not act like business is usual." He couldn't hide the smile that was growing on his face with seeing Nat, but he did have some issues. "Why did you hide who you were? It's obvious you knew who I am. I'm happy to see you Nat. Obviously. Just, why?" He eventually broke the hug as he said all of that, taking a step back from him. "Also the other guy I met. He was before you, obviously. Way before you."

Weed’s tail started to flick as he was feeling better. “I thought it would be fun to mess with you. I also wanted to see how you would react to finally being able to see me. It was more interesting to probe you as well.” His hand started to travel all over the other man's body as he spoke. “Besides even if you are crossed you are sure to forgive me right.” Weed was not really asking but making it sound more like a statement as he took an ample amount of liberties.

Weed stopped and let go as his new pet Lily started to squeak at his ear. He did not verbally understand her but somehow got the gist. “She is right. We should get out of here and catch up. I am sure you have as much to ask as I do. So how about we head back and find a place to eat and discuss it?” This was more of a question that could be answered. However Spencer decided to answer Weed already made up his mind about the nighttime games.

He smirked slightly when Nat mentioned he was going to forgive him. Yeah.... Yeah I probably will. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He shook his head at the entire situation and laughed a bit. "I was just properly catfished." He rolls his eyes and adjusted his clothing, all the sudden feeling as though he was being watched more intently than before. Mostly notably, however, was the cow features that Weed possessed. He was definitely going to talk to him later about that.

He smiled a bit at the new animal and picked up his own penguin. "The familiars are adorable in this game. Glad to have them here." He pets Noot softly and listens to Nat suggest getting food and talking more. "Hmm. I guess I can slide food into my schedule. I suppose." He laughs a bit more and sighs. "Let's see how this meal turns out, shall we?" He gives a sly wink and walks with Nat to where the two are going.

Rewards:

2 SP - Spencer

4SP - Weed

200 Col - Spencer

200 Col - Weed

Familiar - Weed

Edited by Spencer