[PP][F01] <<The first few lessons are free>> Let's get down to business

Magni sat at a table in a tavern on the first floor, around him people were celebrating and laughing, but today wasn't a day of joy for Magni today was a day of mourning. Two years ago to this day He held his son in his arms as the life faded out of him and he disappeared from SAO forever. Reaching for his pint Magni looked around the room again, normally he would be the loudest man amongst all of the patrons. With a sigh he took his mug and drained it all in one go, that was one thing that would be weird to him about SAO, the taste, he could never manage to get anything to taste quite like what it did in the real world, he would have to practice more he thought.

Grief may have been all that was on his mind, but his eyes wouldn't betray that, his golden eyes were full of fire and intent. Today Magni had decided that this game was over, enough was enough and he was going to beat this game himself if he had to. Magni made his way to the door, lost in thought, thinking about the past and the future all at once. His reverie was interrupted though when he ran into a tall slender man, though not quite as tall as himself, knocking him to the floor. "Are you okay?" He asked extending his hand towards the man on the floor "I hope I didn't hurt you." Magni's thick Icelandic accent wasn't easy to understand and so he talked slowly being careful to make every word clear.

Spoiler

Name: Blizzgard
Level: 1
HP: 20/20
EN: 2/2

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 26

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Bear Claw(Tier1/Vanity/2HSS)
Armor: Winter's Guard(Tier1/Rare/HA)[MIT 2]

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 1]

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*3

@Spencer

Edited by Blizzgard

Spencer yawned a bit and sat at the tavern table. He was mostly just sipping on water and relaxing. There was not much for him to do, and he very much wanted some time to himself. He had his familiar on the floor next to him and idly patted him on the head while he relaxed in the tavern. He didn't frequent these places often, but he knew that this was where he would meet friends, and possibly another guild to join. After the Holy Dragon Alliance died off after the mansion incident, he knew that finding another group of people was going to be rather difficult. He shrugged slightly and looked around. He slowly stood up and made sure his equipment was all on him. He rubbed his eyes and made for the door, on his way out-

WHAM he felt himself getting hit by a very tall and built man. He briefly thought of a similar event that happened in the real world, but he quickly pushed that thought away. He shook his head once to clear it as he looked up to see a man standing over him, black and white hair and a beard. His eyes quickly looked over the man and he took the hand offered to him. "I'm okay. Sorry I just didn't expect that." He chuckled a bit and used that man's hand to help him stand up. He smiled a bit when he heard the accent, not sure where it was from. "No hurt on me. How about you? You okay?" It was a pretty normal question, but it wasn't often that someone randomly just ran into someone else. "Also, I'm Spencer."

Spoiler

Level 28
Health: 560 HP
Energy: 56 Energy
Damage: 4
Mit: 74

Skills:
Block R3 [12 Mit]
Howl [10 EN: 3 Hate, Up to 4 Targets]
1-Handed War Hammer R2 [2 DMG]
Heavy Armor R1 [8 MIT]
Familiar Mastery R3 [54 MIT]
Survival

Mods
Focused Howl [5 Hate on One Target]

Equipped:
Uncommon Warhammer [1 DMG]
Heavy Armor [2 Slots of Thorns]

Perfect Shield [1 Recovery, 1 Regen, 9 Mit]

Magni pulled the blonde-brunette up from the floor, glad to hear that he was completely fine, Magni knew that he was a large man and getting run over by him couldn't be the most pleasant thing in the world. "I think you  took most of the force of that tackle."  Magni laughed heartily, maybe a bit too much, but a laugh is always good on a hard day. "Names Magni, it is good to meet you Spencer." he said extending his hand once again, but this time for a shake rather than picking him up off of the floor.

"Where are you heading off to?" Magni asked looking the lean man up and down. Not too much muscle on him, but you can tell he works out Magni noted along with the very charming smile on his face. Magni had already distracted himself from why he was here at this tavern, which was something that he was glad for.

"It is good to meet you too Magni." He shakes the mans hand and smiles at him. He thinks for a moment on the man's comment while taking in his appearance and stature. A man with large muscle mass and height, not to mention a very stoic face. "I'm not positive at the moment. Today is a free day for myself, so I'm allowing myself to do just about whatever my heart desires at the moment. How about yourself?" He returns the question to the man. It was nice talking to someone by chance, especially someone that was quite different than those in his life right now. 

Spencer's Penguin Noot ran up and waved at the man, looking up at the man's face and almost falling over from the height difference. Spencer looked down at the black and white bird and smiled softly. "Seems like my familiar wants to say hi. This is Noot, I've had him for... about a year." Spencer picks up the bird, who is waving and smiling the best he can at the man.

"As you can see I am new to this whole, questing thing." Magni answered gesturing to his low level equipment and the fact that he was only level one. "So I'm heading out to do the first few steps, figured it was time I stopped sitting at home making pastries and time to start actually doing something." Magni continued a determined look growing on his face. He was going to become strong enough to avenge his son and stop this madness of a game.  The patter of webbed feet on a wooden floor interrupted his thoughts as a penguin came waddling up seemingly to say hello.

"Noot? What an adorable little bird." Magni reached forward to pet the penguin looking at Spencer to make sure that that was okay before ruffling its small head with his bearlike palm.  "Reminds me of my home, didn't have any penguins there, but it was icy so this little guy would probably like it just fine." His icelandic accent coming in thicker the more he talked, it was a struggle to talk clearly and he really only did it when he met knew people.

The thought of pastries made him miss cooking, but he ignored that while he listened to Magni. He actually was enjoying the man's accent, even though at times he could not fully understand every word, but he tried his best to pick apart the sentences and his accent. When the man reached to pet the penguin, he happily allowed the man to do so. Noot yawned and nuzzled the man's hand. Noot quickly climbed on to Aquan's should and sat there, wiggling to climb into Aquan's cloak.

"Well, if you would like some help with questing, I am more than happy to assist! If you're taking part in the beginner quests, I've ran those with some people a couple times so I'm some what knowledgeable in that realm of game. But if you would rather do them yourself that's pretty understandable." He smiled and made it known that he did not want to force the man to go along with a companion. "Besides, you look like you could fight a train... Hopefully that was not too insensitive."

"I don't know about a train, might have some trouble with that. A semi truck though no problem." Magni smiled a very large grin appearing on his face, one that seemed like it found its way onto his face naturally and often. Magni wasn't young by any means and the years weren't all that kind. he had lines that one could tell were caused from smiling and laughing a great deal in life. "I would love some company, especially from a strong young lad like yourself." He graciously accepted the help because he knew that his stature wasn't what mattered in the game, and that this man with his high level would be a much better combatant than he. "I honestly don't really know what I am doing." Magni told his new companion, Spencer. "My son was always the one who would head outside the village exploring, I only went with him a few times."  Magni didn't at all mind admitting his shortcomings that was, after all, a part of being human.

Spencer chuckled softly at the semi-truck comment. "Well, I'm happy to join you. The first quest is rather time consuming but nothing combat related. Primarily you just gather materials and craft them. The quests that are further down the line take some combat, but by then you should some ability under your belt to take them on." The comment of the man's son caused him to pause for a moment. He didn't see anyone with him and he could only fear the worse when he talked about him. "Well, I hope you are able to adapt like your son did. There are wonderful things out there to see and it would be a shame to miss them." He was hoping to not be rude about the man's son, this was definitely a newer experience. "But, if we wish to start this quest, shall we head out Magni? I don't want you to be out all day looking for materials that could be the size of a pinecone... or smaller." He looks irritated, as if he dealt with things like that. "Besides, no time like the present right?"

"And I would be glad to have you join me, Spencer." Magni smiled, the smile staying put as he continued talking, it seemed as though Magni smiled a lot naturally and that his brooding earlier was very unnatural for himself. "well if there is no combat I guess there won't be any issue at all." Magni was slightly relieved, he hadn't yet gotten into a fight in the game, and he was somewhat nervous about what was in store, though his nerves didn't stop his determined attitude. "I wish I could say i am anything like my son was, but he was a true master with a blade, I fear I cannot live up to that image." Magni thought about his son's fighting, the way he danced around his enimies with his rapier, he hadn't seen anything quite like it, and sadly he never would again. "Heading out sounds nice, The present is always the best time time to act." With that Magni walked to the door ducking to fit underneath the doorway.

He continued to have a light hearted smile as he followed the man out of the door and into the world around them. The mention of his son's image made his heart hurt slightly, assuming he was dead more than ever now. "Well, one can be anything they want if they try. Just look to see what you want to be and you'll become it. Like for example, I'm going a tank build, I definitely do not look the part, but knowing I can help save someone some day makes me happier than I expected. And besides, the shields and armor look pretty cool." He laughed slightly. He took a look at the man again and realized how much older the man truly was. He was taller by a couple inches, but he looked about 10 years older than himself. He was built like he worked out, but his hands showed sign of some age. Even his hair had some coloration to it that showed his age. "May I ask about your life before SAO? I don't mean to pry, but your accent is very nice and I'm curious as to where you're from."

"Well you know how it is, can't teach an old dog a new trick, and I am definitely an old dog." Magni joked with his new companion stepping outside of the tavern into the crisp morning air, it was shaping up to be a very nice day, perfect for going out like they were planning. "I was thinking tank myself, to be honest. I am not much good at the intricate swordplay." Magni explained, he knew that his talents lied mainly with his bullish stubbornness and his ability to take a beating, something that aligned perfectly with being a tank.

"Oh don't worry about it lad, you aren't prying at all." Magni didn't mind talking about the real world, everything that had made that world special to him was long gone, he only wanted to beat the game so badly now to avenge his son, and to stop others from meeting the same fate. "I was born, and lived, in Scandinavia." Magni wasn't sure whether Spencer wanted to know more or whether he was just curious about where he was from, so he opted to wait for him to ask more questions while they made their way into the plains outside of town. 

"Scandinavia? Oh wow! I've... I've never been. I wish I knew more about the area to relate to you, but I only know the United Kingdom and the Mid West of the United States. Both of which do not sound as awesome as Scandinavia." He smiled and laughed slightly. "Also, you don't seem that old. Older for sure, but not ancient by any means. Besides, you are intimidating so people wont care about your age." Was he flirting? He couldn't quite tell himself, but he chose to keep those thoughts to himself before he thought of this man in a more romantic light.

"Tank is a really good build. It allows you to have some reassurance that you can protect yourself when it comes down to it. I know I didn't want to be a tank when I first started out, I was going to go primarily a DPS. However, I realized early on that I probably wanted protection. It made me feel secure, so I decided to follow that path. I'm not that high of a level, mind you, but I can take care of myself enough."

"That was a lot of words all at once. Sorry about that. I can get passionate about these types of things." He blushed slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh Scandinavia isn't that special, just think snow, and bears and that's just about it." Magni smiled, he truly loved his home, but to him isn't wasn't remarkable anymore, he had already seen all of the sights to see, and they lose their luster after forty years. "Maybe not ancient but I am in my forties. Which is by no means young, unlike you it seems." Magni was fairly blunt about it he knew he was getting old, and the person in front of him couldn't even be thirty yet. "Intimidating? I thought I looked like a teddy bear." Magni laughed flexing his arms, which were incredibly muscular and toned. 

"I chose tank to keep my son safe mostly, but i don't think he really needed that, he did fine on his own, definitely too fast for an old man like me to keep up." Magni smiled warmly, the loss of his son may have hurt still to this day, but he was still proud of him, he had fought bravely to protect those he had learned to care about, and nothing could be more honorable than a warrior dying in battle. "Don't apologize for passion lad, passion is what drives the world forward ." Magni reassured the man before him."

"The artic is beautiful. I still believe you are lucky to see what you saw. While it may have been boring, I would be in heaven to see the Northen lands of the World, the real world that is." Spencer gets a slightly wistful look, but shakes it off and smiles at Bliz again. His face flushed red when the man flexed, not expecting the definition and large amount of muscle on his arms. "Yeah, if the Teddy Bear Lifted everyday of its life." He laughed a bit and tried to ignore the fluster on his face. He could feel an attraction to the older man, but he did not want to push it too far.

"Your son was lucky to have you, Magni." He smiled at the man, and looked out the door, smiling even brighter at the passion remark. "Well, shall we have you start searching for materials? I know that this quest can take some time, and I don't want to hold you up too long. I know we both probably have things we need to get done during the day."