[PP-F8] Ironclad

"People say that justice is blind," Alkor said, the irony not lost on him. "I can't. I can't see another human being and disassociate that from my actions. Regardless of what someone deserves, I have seen people loving their lives and suffering around me since I was a kid." He hated them, if he was being honest. Thom hated all of the people around him who were truly living their lives, enjoying the everyday things that in his childishness, he'd eschewed. Games became his reality, and the only conduit he had for social interaction. He hated all of those people because he envied them. If his parents had reached through and pulled him out of the pain he'd been in, maybe things could have been different. Maybe he wouldn't have just wanted what they had. He would never know what would have happened. Alkor could only know what was. "They make their choices. Some of them are glorious, others are tragic. That doesn't give us the right to make decisions about their fate. We're not gods."

He looked to Setsuna with a heartbroken, soft gaze. "This world has filled you with hate and rage," he said. "But that's not what justice is, Setsuna."

The swordsman closed his eyes and bowed his head. She asked what might have happened; but the sad truth is that they would never know. Alkor had robbed Uriel of any future. 

"Killing doesn't end killing," he told her, "because for as many of them as fall, there will still always be one killer left. Can you live with yourself, if they all die and you're left, the one person in the world with blood on their hands?" He thrust a thumb to his chest. "Where does it end? Do you kill anyone who's taken a life, or just the ones you think deserve to be killed?" Alkor was staring at her now, eyes like liquid fire. "That's a heavy cross to carry."

Thread Complete!

Alkor receives 1+2+1= 4 SP and 2200 Col and 

• Kumatetsu Statue: A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.

Setsuna receives 1+2+1= 4 SP and 2200 Col and

• Kumatetsu Statue: A small statue [Uncommon Item] that can be placed in a home, proving that you defeated the Ferocious Kumatetsu. If used within a thread, it gives +1 Base Damage for a thread. When touched, it can give off the smell of the deep forest, the moss-covered logs and the smell of the morning rain. The distant sound of the three rivers can be heard, giving a soothing and seemingly peaceful area where one can rest. It can also be taken to group gathering to give an atmosphere.
Edited by Alkor