[F1-SP]- First Lesson Ft. Zachariah

Post Counter: 1

The morning was bright in the town of beginnings as Tron made his way through the streets of Aincrad, still scratching his head as to why the random shop keep threw a sword at his head, it was the workshop of Zachariah, an NPC that provided a basic quest that some people found to be an easier way of leveling up then to look upon the fields of boar that was past the gates of the starting town. Tron though sighted as he remembered one day or another he would have to start, and the past few years had been nothing but living off the street or with friends he had met along his travels. The solo player turned to the shop, feeling the sword he had on his back he walked in. An alchemy workshop is what the place seemed to be, and in the town of beginnings no doubt. Tron smiled as he looked at Zachariah, the man squinting at a bottle before peeking his head up to see Tron, standing at his door, as the player was to start this quest. The old man had a smile on his face along with the long grey hair he had, of course it seemed it was once blonde, only in the past decade of his "supposed life" would it be reaching fully grey. 

Combat Stats: 1 Base + 3 Damage (Sword)

Inventory: 
  -The Blackstone Shard (Damage +3)
  -Vanity Armor 
  -2,500 Col

Skills:
  -1H SS Rank 1

Mods: N/A

Consumables:
  -3 Starter Healing Potions

Housing: N/A

Guild: N/A

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 2

The old man smiled upon Tron, giving a warm feeling of comfort as he looked at the boy. Zachariah putting down his things as he walked towards Tron the smile never going away. 
              "You know, its rare I see people come in here anymore, let alone a level one. Although I'm sure you have plenty of question to ask m-" Tron though through all of this kept a straight face, a slight smirk as the old man assumed he needed assistance. The player crossing his arms, as he looked upon Zachariah, the boy not impatience but kiddy of all things actually, it was apparent as Tron gave a side grin. 
              "No actually, I'm good on questions, could I help you somehow Zachariah?" Tron said, playing along with the quest he had been told about. Past this point though he didn't know much more of it, but it would lead him to someone else after. Six years of none stop studying made him understand the game, but not the in's and out's, that would be madness.

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 3

The old man, somewhat thrown back as he looked at Tron, his face blank as he seemed to process what just happened but almost immediately went back to a smile on his, face, scratching the back of his head as he chuckled at Tron. 
              "So it seems that I've become popular now hasn't it? Well then, I was just about to ask for your assistance actually, you see I need Materials for a project of mine and I was wondering if you could help a poor man out? The sun beats down on me to hard for my old age and I don't think I could really go outside the walls. Anyway... if you could collect those items, I would be utmost grateful for your help young one." 
       Tron nodded as he looked at the old man, Zachariah smiling back towards Tron, giving a great amount of warm energy towards him that made Tron almost think he wasn't an NPC, the realism was on key, the hand movements and emotions on point. The player though was possibly thinking to much on the idea as he stared blankly at Zachariah. 

Post Counter: 4

Starla woke up, stretching her arms and legs. She was a bit tired from the previous day, but she had gone about her days doing basically nothing. She was enjoying the time she had in the Town of Beginnings, but she figured it was time to get off of her own sorry butt and do something for once. She gripped the dagger she had on her hip and she donned the light armor that she had. She thought it was a good idea to try and head out for some quests. After all, those were the bread and butter of most RPGs.

Exiting the small inn she was staying in, she headed out. She figured she would probably bump into something. Level 1 quests normally were in a few places and there was always something to do to get you off your feet. Maybe she would go visit an apothecary or something. She was in need of some more potions, especially since potions were a key part of survival if you got yourself in a pinch. But that was beside the point now. She headed in the direction of a store that bore the name of Zachariah. He seemed to be a potionmaker that she heard the name of a few times in her time spent in the Town of Beginnings. Starla entered the quaint store and saw that someone was interacting with him. Ah I see. Looks like I might have a companion for this first quest. That'd be nice. Make things go a bit faster.

Starla walked up to the two and smiled. "Hi, I heard you're in need of some help? What can I do? Fight some monsters? Collect some grass?" Starla seemed oddly excited to collect grass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 5

Tron peaked around as he saw another figure enter the room, you see the quest wasn't going to activate until Tron left as it was an early quest for people who probably had a million in one question's. The girl walked in just as Zachariah seemed to walk back to his table, but the player in question walked over to him, giving a smile. He knew this was gonna be easier with two people and probably have more rewards as he thought he had heard some talks of getting something extra. 
              "Hey, do you mind if we party up? I think it might work out for both of us, and it seems that you are also..." He would look at her armor and then back up to her, "Level one similar to me, but It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Anyway, I'm Tron, but if we ask he how to do the quest you can join me in the quest. We're just gonna gather some materials so it shouldn't be too hard to do. What do ya say?"

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 6

The person who was with Zachariah turned to her and addressed her. He seemed to want to party up, which was perfectly alright with Starla. She was happy to go on a quest with someone, especially if it was something as easy as gathering materials. If there was an extra reward for being in a party, she was always happy to join someone else. An extra reward never hurt anyone, after all. Starla smiled at Tron waving her hair over her shoulder. "I'd be happy to party up with you! Should make things go a bit faster since I won't be doing it alone. Talking always makes things go by much quicker, doesn't it?" Starla browsed her party menu for Tron's name before inviting Tron to a party named "Zachariah's Little Helpers". She held in a little bit of a laugh as she sent the invite. She was very much hoping that Tron would get some entertainment out of the name, especially since she was so proud of her naming sense.

A window popped out in front of her with Zachariah's quest. She pressed the O to accept the quest and she turned to head out of the door. "Need anything else while we're here?"

Post Counter: 7

Tron smiled as the quest notification appeared in front of him, 'Zachariah's little helpers' it read. Tron grinned and press the blue O, immediately looking back to the girl, and to the top left of his field of view. Tron was reading the name of his new party member, guildless of course, just as himself. Her name was Starla, at least her user name was. He proceeded to follow the girl out of the workshop, and to the streets of the Town of Beginnings. 
               "Nope, not a thing" Tron said as they walked out to the street, Tron making a right and heading for the Gates out of town. It would be a bit of a walk, but thankfully the workshop was basically on the outer wall. 
       Tron though, waited for Starla as moved quickly out of the workshop and onto the street, if she started walking he was going to walk besides her once she did. "So how come you never did this quest? I personally haven't done a single quest before this in the last 8 years, but I have more knowledge then you'd think" Tron would say as the two walked, once Starla made her way remotely near Tron. He was looking at nothing but the road ahead as he spoke, little to no people passing through them and the only thing to be heard was music coming from NPC somewhere in the town.

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 8

Starla was happy that Tron had accepted her party invite. They seemed to be a decent person, especially since they laughed at her little joke with the party name. Tron said they didn't need anything else inside the shop, but Starla took a moment to take in all of the things that were inside of the shop. Herbs hanging from the ceiling, all kinds of potions and liquids brewing different vibrant colors. All the reds, greens, blues, and yellows made Starla's eyes almost spin. I couldn't imagine being an alchemist or a potionmaker, all of that stuff just goes over my head. I would probably just blow up the whole building trying to make a healing potion.

When she was done taking in the little details of the shop, she headed out with Tron. Tron was kind enough to walk with her, which made her feel like this person was someone she could keep around for a little while. As she walked with Tron,  they asked her what she had been doing for the last 8 years. "Ah..." Starla rubbed the back of her neck and laughed nervously. "Honestly... I was just spending all of my money and being lazy." It was hard. I realized I couldn't go back home... "I mostly kept to myself, but I've finally gotten up the courage to go out there to the front lines. I imagine it's gonna take a while since I'm behind by quite a bit, but... I wouldn't have it any other way. This is my own adventure and I'll do whatever I can to help those along the way. Well... That's what I tell myself anyway. I just can't wait to get out there and start hunting some stuff. But... Gathering quests like this are good too. Materials are a necessity if you want to get good gear and start heading up the floors." Starla looked at Tron. "And what about you? Studying for 8 years is a lot. Anything else keep you from moving up? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?"

Post Counter: 9

"6 years actually, I spent the first two mourning. I probably shouldn't have done that but I think you understand what I mean about how hard it is to basically give up an entire life. I realized years ago I needed to get to the frontlines, but the act of which wasn't going to be easy ya know? I was so over my head at the time, I already know that this quest leads to a delivery or something at the end, but I don't know if that connects to the second lesson. I talked around for years, and I never spent my money, although the sword speaks to differ but I kid you not a blacksmith came at me, chucked it at my head, and said 'Stop being a noob' or something... either wat it's got a good amount of damage on it ya know?"
       Tron now though looked up as he passed the towns gates, his heart getting a little anxious as he walked out towards the plains and outward to find these materials, eventually the two would find them, and it seemed it would work out great for them. Starla though seem slightly curious to Tron's life, he was far to quiet though about that, sensitive you could call it, or PTSD to him...

Post Counter: 10

Tron seemed to be in a similar boat to her. He had spent a long while worrying about his life that he couldn't go back to and he couldn't get himself to do anything because of it. Starla had led a life of comfort and now things were... Not so comfortable. Games were an escape, but not from a world that provided everything for her. Now that she had been cut off from that, she held a deep resentment for whoever decided to trap her and everyone else here. She was determined to get back now, but her fear held her down like a cage. This first quest was like the key in the lock to that cage and talking about this to Tron seemed to make her realize that people would help her move on in her journey. She could have good allies who help her along her way. She hoped Tron would help her out at first, but she was hopeful for him. He seemed to have a spirit to him that made her comfortable.

As she exited the town, she caught herself breathing a little heavily. You're fine. You're just collecting some materials. Nothing too scary or crazy. Don't get worked up. Starla breathed deeply as she kept trodding forward. She hoped it wouldn't take long to find these materials. If she was going to get to the front lines, she really needed to step on the gas pedal. "Alright, let's get to looking for these materials! Ah! I just had a great idea!" Starla smiled. "Let's have a race to see who can collect faster! How does that sound? That way we can make this go a bit faster! And I'll even throw some Col into it if you win!"

Post Counter: 11

Tron shook his head as he looked at Starla, "No col, but I'll challenge you to be the first to get the five materials. You win and dinner's on me and you pick the restaurant. Vice versa for myself of course." Tron started running out towards the fields, looking back at her as she stood there in front of the gates. "There's this really good place in the north side, you're going to love it!" Tron said as he ran to the field looking for some sort of material. And then it caught his eye something in the field, he started running towards it and slid in to find, nothing, It was just grass shining off the reflection from the son, Tron started to look around again as he looked for the next thing he thought was material. 

ID# 183214

LD: 9

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Starla looked around in the area she was in, but it was to no avail. Guess it wasn't easy to find stuff when you've got no idea what you're looking for. Starla started looking in near the other area where she was, but still nothing. Maybe the drop rate for these kinds of things was low? Maybe she just didn't have a good eye for these kinds of things either. She didn't have any skills to help with her finding items either. Maybe she would've had more luck if she had decided to get a skill that wasn't useful in combat. Either way, she was a bit disappointed she couldn't find anything. While looking, she decided to agree to the terms of Tron's agreement. "Sounds good to me. Better get ready to pay for a meal!"

ID#183215

LD: 2

Edited by Starla

Post Counter: 13

Tron frowned as he continued to look around, suddenly he saw a rock in the ground. It couldn't have been more then 10 meters away. The player though walked up this one, seeing as Starla was also having no luck finding anything. He turned it over and found nothing either under that one but a comment coming out from Starla. He wasn't annoyed by the comment, but messing around with her was somewhat fun, he knew that he needed to up the pace, even if she didn't find anything though, he was going to pick that dinner, hopefully.
              "Oh whatever, you know I'll find them quicker then you!" Tron chuckled as he looked around one more, this time another few rocks peeking towards his interest, yet again maybe 10 m out, although deeper into the plains as he looked for possibly flowers... "maybe these one will do the trick" Tron thought as he ran over to them... 

ID: 183216

LD: 5

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Starla looked around harder. She really really wanted to find these materials so she could get a free dinner out of it. She hadn't treated herself to some nice food in a while and food always tastes better when it's free. She looked in another spot, hoping that a window would pop up or something that would show her that she had found a material for the quest, but she kept looking and looking and looking and... Still nothing. Jeez. She didn't realize this was going to be so difficult. It might take her all day if she wasn't careful.

"You're welcome to think whatever you like Tron, but I'm not going to lose!" She searched more desperately. Please let me find something quickly!!

ID - #183217

LD: 3

Edited by Starla

Post Counter: 15

Tron ran down the hill side as he looked onward for some type of material, he now stumbled across some sort of rocks. He sighed as he turned them all over, every... single... one. Just to find that they where rocks, the comments from Starla didn't matter to Tron anymore as he looked onward to the field, needing to find these things as soon as possible. The need to speed up didn't help at all as he ran onward to the hillside. Needing to find more things to turn over, or possibly look for something other then rocks. He was not, though, finding a single thing around here... 
        The only thing that kept him calm at the moment was knowing that Starla was also not finding anything as he looked onward to the hillside. He was slightly annoyed, but also not that hot headed as he continued to look for these materials... 

ID: 183218 

LD: 5

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 16

Starla found a little patch of tall grass that seemed like maybe there would be something hidden there. As she approached, she peeled the tall grass back. The sun reflected into her eye and she swore that she had seen something. She got excited and dashed forward, but... It was just a small puddle of water. Nothing. Again. Goodness... By the time I finish this, I might be too old to move.

Tron didn't seem to find anything, so that gave her hope. They were at equal pace it seemed. Unfortunately, the pace was... Not existent.

ID - #183219

LD: 2

Edited by Starla

Post Counter: 17

Tron smirked as he neared yet another rock, "This has to be it", he thought as he grabbed the rock, black crystals coming out of the bottom. that was below his feet now. Shining he grabbed it, and poked the outside of it, the item popped up as a "Tier one Material". Tron scream for a short second, "YES, I found one!", the player then proceeded to press the blue O, it disappearing and being put in his inventory. The player in question ran right, trying to find a rock similar to that one, or to find something just as similar. He didn't know if he would find one, but he was he was certain he would now, and in no time. Tron was now trying to run through the field as quick as he could, running near mock 20, or so it felt, to find all of these rocks or whatever that would come back a tier 1 material. He wasn't going to wait to figure out if Starla would find one. 

ID:  183220 

LD: 16

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 18

Tron smirked as he ran towards the next shiny thing in the fields, thankfully no monsters spawned this close to town. Tron though slid down the hill side as he found a flower, not normally present every 2 feet. He poked the thing, similar to rock, and it showed up yet again as tier one materials. Tron smiled cheerfully as he pressed the blue O that was below the description of the item, and he watched as it fizzed away into his inventory. He was now feeling great as he looked around yet again to find something in the area that would provide him the last three materials he needed. He was stopped though as he looked down, and then to the top right of his field of view. The party he was in seemed to have been dissolved, either Starla had grown bored, or she had to be off somewhere. Either way didn't matter to Tron as he pressed the blue O with a sigh and looked up again towards the fields, knowing he would have to finish the quest alone. 

ID# 183255

LD: 11

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 19

Tron smiled once more as he perked around and found a rock maybe a few feet away. It seemed that these drops for loot where more common then he thought, but figured that it was going to be only tier one material for probably the next ten to twenty five floors before the materials increased, or perhaps less seeing as people had strong loot that definitely wasn't just made from flowers or rocks right here on the first floor of Aincrad. The player though made his way to the rock, checking to see the description as the tier one materials he needed, and smiling as he pressed the blue circle once more and the item vanished to his inventory. Tron would only need two more, so he started his trek back up the hill, back towards the Town of Beginnings. His hope was that he had maybe missed something as he was looking before from the rush of competing and hopefully it would work out for him. 

ID# 183256

LD: 16

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix

Post Counter: 20 \o/

Tron sighed as he walked up the trail, not finding a single thing. The sun though still pushing down on Tron. He had a small amount of determination that ran through him as he walked up the hillside. His hands in his pockets and his eyes thin as he yawned, the weather was nice and the air blew through the area so calmly, he could've taken a nap if he wanted to, but he continued to look around the fields looking for these materials. He didn't know if he was truly going to get to the front lines in time, it seemed like the community had done so much to try and get to where they where now, and the time it took to get all the way up their is something else. He figured though they all had to go step by step, and waste time doing who knows what, he could easily get to the top with the information he had gathered, as long as he he did it right. 

ID# 183257 

LD: 4

Edited by Tron Vs Matrix