[PP-F1] Better Now Than Never <<SECRET MEDICINE>>

Secret medicine, secret medicine... it sounded so familiar, she could have sworn she did this before. The woman swiped on her HUD and pulled up the quest details. She deadpanned at its absurdly easy requirements. She chalked it up to something she skimmed in pursuit of shinier rewards. Nonetheless, the quest could be knocked out of the ballpark in no time. She contemplated a solo run until she figured she could use the extra company. With her heavy hits, she could take the chance to aid other guild members who had yet to accomplish this quest. She fired a message to the guild and made haste for the rendezvous point. She'd wait for a little while and go off on her own if nobody showed up. She hoped they would. 

She crushed a crystal and teleported herself to the haven. As crowded as always, commonplace for the safest place in Aincrad. A feeling of security graced these cobblestone paths, from a page of a storybook in some medieval fantasy. She propped herself against a water fountain at the heart. Hopefully her guild members could find her out in the open here.

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 71
HP: 1450/1450
EN: 142/142

Stats:
Damage: 25
Mitigation: 34
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 6
BH:72
HLY:6
BLD:36
BRN:36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Phase, Keen, Bleed
Armor: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit Rank 3 [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Fighter 3

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify
Barrier Rank 2
Field Medic
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

Weed was out hunting down monsters when a request in the guild channel caught his eye. A quest two hunt down monsters and collect medicine caught his eye. He decided to take up the quest when he finished reading up the details and looked up the sender. She was a reputable person in the guild and since he had free time he went for it. The threat of death was always present in the game. It was just with the presence of a team that the risk at least lowered.

A person walking into a tavern in full armor in Aincrad, was as common as seeing a Mickey Mouse at Disney. No one turned to give him a second glance. “Hello. You must be the quest sender. I accepted the quest. I may be a tad weaker at the moment but I will rapidly catch up.” Weed paused before giving his name. “ The name is Weed by the way.” Adding his name was a last minute thought as he never officially introduced himself. He sent a party invite as he sat down to wait.

Spoiler

Name: Weed
Level: 3
HP: 60/60
EN: 6/6

Stats:
Damage: 1
LD: 2
MIT: 9
Rec: 2
Bleed: 2
Thorns: 18

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Silver Horn Left [170447]- Taunt, Bleed 2 (8-10)
Shield: Silver Horn Right [170167]- Paralyze, Thorns 2 (18)
Armor: Silver Hide [173390] -  Mitigation 1 (9), Recovery 2 (2)

Skills:
Searching [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:

Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Beginner Starter Potions (3): (Heals 50 HP)

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Skylight Searcher: +1 Expertise to declared utility skill (that being searcher).
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Weed: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 9 | LD: 2 | Thorns: 18 | Rec: 2 | Bleed: 2 slots

“Put her down!” Valentine was asking the chicken headed beast as he relaxed at home. His love stepped out for a moment so Valentine was checking out requests. A simple one that he never got around to doing showed up. He decided to accept it as it was a relatively simple quest. He made his way down to the first floor to the designated meeting area.

As he walked in the tavern he spotted the blue haired guild member. “Hi hi! Glad to meet you. My name is Valentine friends call me Val and…..” Valentine stopped mid sentence as he spotted the other person sitting with her. A current of tension could be felt as Valentine took his seat. Trying not to meet the other man's eyes. A deep wave of guilt and sadness crashing into his body. He thought he put that kind of pain behind him. Seeing the familiar silver horns meant that the face similar to one that he was intimate with was underneath it. The chances of a second person wearing those horns with that build was slim to none. “Long time no see. Weed.”

Spoiler

Name: Valentine
Level: 31
HP: 620/620
EN: 62/62

Stats:
Damage: 8
Mitigation: 5
Evasion: 2
ACC: 2
REC: 2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Fury of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Curved Weapon)[DMG 3]
Armor: Blood of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Light Armor)[EVA 2][REC 1]
Trinket: Smile of Sekhmet (Tier 2/Perfect/Jewelry)[ACC 2][REC 1]

Skills:
Curved Sword [Rank 1]
Light Armor [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Energize
Fishing

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Healer [Rank 1]
Meditation 
Concentration

Mods:
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(+50 hp)*1

Housing Buffs:
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Working: +2 EXP to crafting attempts
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing 

Guild Hall Buffs:

Valentine: HP: 620/620 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2 

A moment passed and the women felt her stomach squeeze. "Oh, this won't do," she sighed. A quick perusal of her inventory showed a lack of any sustenance or drinks, other than water. Water was good, but it wasn't favorable to a nice cup or cider, or say, a smoothie. Golden eyes rested in the direction of a tavern across the street. Yes! She would have a quick drink while she was here. She ambled to the shop's entrance and secured herself a booth. Moments later, a cold glass of apple cider rested on the table. She took a swig and cleared her throat, the cool fluid soothing.

A distinct, horned figure approached the woman. With his questionable choice of headwear..? He stuck out like a sore thumb in the tavern. She watched with mild amusement as the horned man approached. "Afternoon!" Haine greeted, an amiable smile curving her lips. "Welcome to the squad weed." She gestured to the chairs beside her. "Have a seat. I'll be a moment. Just gotta finish this..." She took a larger swig of her cider, coughing as the carbon went down.

Not long after, another figure approached. A white haired man with tan skin and familiar red eyes, though she couldn't match a name to a face. A guild member she rescued from a disastrous boar incident a long while ago. "Welcome to the squad, Val, Val...entine?" The other's expression turned tense for but a moment, something observed by the woman, though disregarded. A growling of her stomach prompted an awkward laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm a little hungry I guess. Have you guys eaten yet?" She scratched her head, observing the tension in the air.

"Sandwiches to go? It'll be my treat!"

Edited by Haine

Weed was debating the benefits of making a scene. He debated it for a moment before going to launch a punch. “How dare you show your face in front of me!? After all you’ve done. You useless piece of trash.” Like a mad bull Weed was trying to engage in combat. The rules of the safe zone made all that he was doing completely pointless. He was just so enraged at the mere sight of Val. Even if all that happened was not his fault.

He sat down after a moment of trying. Weed already believed he made a bad impression on the higher up of the guild. Not that he cared too much, with Valentine in the same guild he debated about leaving. Weed felt like he had to bring his attention back to the task at hand. He was just too furious to say anything else. He sat there in his own feelings. His thoughts were a chaotic whirlpool of a mess.

Valentine was a professional. He was able to pull himself together and gave Haine a smile. It was all he could do before a giant man meat wall tried to pummel him. The game settings stopped the beating. Not that he would have been nervous, Weed was under leveled by a lot of standards.

After allowing Weed to vent for a moment he sat down as well, pretending like the previous moment did not happen. “Yes. I ate a bit before leaving the house so I am decently filled. Weed will most likely prefer a blt with guacamole as an extra.” Val remembered that Weed had a similar taste to his brother Sage. He would not expect a thank you from the man. No one told Val to blame himself for what happened. If Weed was capable of beating him to a pulp he would have still accepted it. 

“I am all ready to start this quest. The three of us should be able to knock it out of the park.”

• 1 month later...

Haine isn't the keenest, but it isn't hard to see that the bull horned man held something against the silver haired man. Her invitation for a meal goes unnoticed by the one who seems the most wired up, springing out of his seat to throw hands with the other. Haine gasps and covers her mouth, watching dumbfounded as the scene unfolded. What an interesting turn of events. "H-Hey--" she attempts to reason, gesturing a pause with both hands. Her attempts were too calm and passive, but perhaps the sight of others staring at them was enough to deter any drama. Even if push came to shove, it was near impossible to get away with a full on brawl here. There was some net of security to be thankful for in the safe zones.

Haine folds her hands together and stares with wide eyes until the man named Weed settles down. She fixes her attention on the calmer of the duo, Valentine. "... That's good! Then we're all ready to go?" She gestures between the two. Maybe a small meal break would do more harm than good for the situation here. Better to give them something to do, less talk and more work.

She clears her throat and continues. "So it's an easy quest, no doubt. Kill a few nepents, get to the big bad guy. No real strategies, I think it's overkill with this team. Ready to roll when you guys are!" She nods in confirmation and folds her hands in her lap. She waits for a response from the other two, for any questions or other formalities before the quest begins.

“Yeah. I am ready to go. May as well get this quest out the way so we can talk Val.” Weed was giving Val a dirty look as he spoke to Haine. He got up and walked out to make his way towards the field. If it was not for the fact that he was aware he could handle the quest alone. He probably would have already left. Viewing Val as a failure made him not want to leave his back to him. "This is no offense to you miss Haine. We just have a relationship that can be considered complicated to say the least. His last lover was someone important to me."

“Since you have a spear you can take the first shot at it. I know how you love running into battle.” Weed did not see a spear on Val but just worked under the assumption that he had it stored away. He would not have expected the white haired man to become a healer instead. It would have given him the same impression as Voldemort running a children's hospital.

“We can easily do this quest. I doubt the three of us would have a problem.” Valentine chose the path of not commenting on Weed anymore. It would conflict with the quest and he did not want to leave a bad impression on Haine. It was why he swallowed his words when Sage was brought up.

Valentine made his way to the in a marching motion. The quest they were doing was relatively easy as the monsters were considered somewhat weak. “I no longer use a spear. I actually used a curved blade now. A one handed weapon works better for me since I am a healer now. Pretty renown if I say so myself. Still I shall try out my new combat skills because I want to. Not because you said so.” Valentine rushed towards the nearest Nepent and used his sword out. It was successful as the monster's health bottled out to zero. The rest of the Nepents became more alert as the battle officially started.

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
186429 7 3 14 10 Valentine http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Rage blow on Nepent 1 2021-03-25 14:58:54

BD: 7 (Success) = 8 * 2 = 16 DMG = 7 - 16  = 0, It dies.

Haine: ??????? 
Valentine: HP: 620/620 | EN: 60/62 (-2)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2
Weed: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 9 | LD: 2 | Thorns: 18 | Rec: 2 | Bleed: 2 slots

Nepent 1:   HP: 0/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 2:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 3:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 4:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 5:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3

Edited by Valentine

"Yes, let's." She crossed her legs and spared a brief moment to wait for any commentary. What an odd pair. She remained composed, and her eyes sought between the two to draw some conclusion. Nothing uttered except a word of confirmation from both. She wished not to sit among those two in silence. "Alright then! Let's get a move on." She nodded her head and slid out of her chair. She moved to the entrance and propped the door open for the two. The walk into the forest was silent for a couple minutes, with Haine enjoying the pleasant town view on the way over. City walls thinned into thickets and conversation finally sprung.

She cut in when she found a chance, spear manifested in her grip. "I don't think any order will be necessary," she note, with a pep in her step. "Consider it a free for all!" Her shoulders relaxed and she moved in front of the group, letting the others share a moment of whatever underlying animosity they had. Commentaries from before went across her mind as she tried to connect the pieces, though her train of thought was cut short from a barrage of nepents. "Here they come! Look alive!" she played along, twirling her glaive. She moved at a leisure pace between the two and whistled. A group of four tunneled underground and sprung at her from all sides. She pivoted on her heel, swiping clean through them.

Spoiler

Haine | HP:1490/1490 | EN:142/146 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:1 | ACC:4 | HLY:6 | BRN:36 | PHASE:1 | BH:74
Valentine: HP: 620/620 | EN: 60/62 (-2)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2
Weed: HP: 60/60 | EN: 6 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 9 | LD: 2 | Thorns: 18 | Rec: 2 | Bleed: 2 slots

ID: #187469 | Sonic Charge VS. Nepent 2 | BD: 3+4=7 (hit)
ID: #187470 | Sonic Charge VS. Nepent 3 | BD: 4+4=8 (hit)
ID: #187472 | Sonic Charge VS. Nepent 4 | BD: 10 (OP)
ID: #187473 | Sonic Charge VS. Nepent 5 | BD: 9 (OP)

9-4 (finesse)-1 (rested) EN

Nepent 2:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 3:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 4:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3
Nepent 5:   HP: 7/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3

Edited by Haine

ph

Spoiler

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
187488 4 4 14 6 Weed http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Basic Attack vs Nepent 6 2021-04-01 06:43:22

BD: 4 (Miss)

MD: 6 (hit) = 3-9 = 1 DMGE = Thorns activate for 18 DMG killing it.

Haine | HP:1490/1490 | EN:142/146 | DMG:19 | MIT:79 | EVA:1 | ACC:4 | HLY:6 | BRN:36 | PHASE:1 | BH:74
Valentine: HP: 620/620 | EN: 60/62 (-2)| DMG: 8 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | MIT: 5 | REC: 2
Weed: HP: 59/60 (-1) | EN: 5/6 (-1) | DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | ACC: 0 | MIT: 9 | LD: 2 | Thorns: 18 | Rec: 2 | Bleed: 2 slots

Nepent 6:   HP: 0/7  |  MIT: 0 |  DMG: 3

Edited by Weed