[SP-F8] Vigi Kong VS Monkey Kong! <<Monkey King>>

Vigilon never thought he'd be the victim of one of the many schemes of those two...actually, he'd actually anticipated that day would come, and he always feared it...you're probably wondering how he got into that situation in the first place...well then, let's start from the beginning...

"You want me to what?" Vigilon asked his two friends, Kanari and Taika.

"Why not, Alex?" Taika responded. "You need the experience, plus, you've got nothing to worry about! You've destroyed glass cannons before, you can do it again." She said with a mischievous smirk that Vigilon knew of. "I was in a party when dealing with most of those monsters, Thalia. Besides, what you're talking about a big bad beast that can do it's HP in damage, from what I've heard." Vigilon countered. "Ever thought of carrying a Teleport Crystal to every fight, Alex? It would be a smart move, especially when going solo." Kanari added. "She's got a point." Taika remarked. Vigilon grimaced. She really did have a point.

NPC Player faceclaims:

Spoiler

Kanari:

Spoiler

Kanari_Kakaze.thumb.jpg.83d28c0c8cecaf5511b33e9bb9e93327.jpg

Taika:

Spoiler

Taika.png.226638d8477d070631b9dc1bc38eecd1.png

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  43
HP:  860
EN:  96(Base[86], Energist[10])

Damage: 15(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6], MA Ferocity[1])

MIT: 48(Silver Night[36], LA Rank 3[12])

ACC: 2(Leather Strikers, Dragon's Eye)

EVA: 2(Silver Night, Dragon's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Leather Strikers(Accuracy, Bleed, Paralyze)[Equipped]

[T2]Silver Night(Mitigation[2], Evasion)[Equipped]

[T1]Dragon's Eye(Accuracy, Evasion, Loot Die)[Equipped]

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Energist

Gatherer

Searching Rank 2

Light Armor Rank 3(+12 MIT)

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Meditation

Mods:

MA Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Martial Arts)

MA Finesse Rank 3(-3 EN cost when using MA Sword Arts)

Edited by Vigilon

"Why can't you two tag along for this?" Vigilon asked. "We've got things to do, so we're leaving this to you." Kanari answered. "Yeah, Amelia and I have some important matters to attend to. Sorry Alex, but you're on your own." Taika added.

"Look, under normal circumstances, I'd be a bit reluctant for this..." Vigilon began. "Bu the both of you are smirking an are clearly up to something, and therefore my answer is no." Vigilon decided, quickly getting up from his seat at the table and preparing to leave. "Oh, Vigilon," Kanari began, in a bit of a louder tone so others could hear. "Don't you think these people would need some help dealing with that terrible beast?"

Everyone in the room turned their attention to Vigilon and Kanari, and Vigilon needed to think fast to get himself out of the social trap Kanari placed him in. "Gosh freaking darn it..." He thought.

Edited by Vigilon

This tavern was clearly full of people who had good hearing. "Well I'd need some allies for that, and you seem kind of busy, like you said you were." Vigilon responded.

Among the few players in The Sparrow's Roost, Vigilon could only hear things like, "Same here, I'm busy", "Nope, too low level", and even "I'm tired for the day, sorry". So much for a backup plan to get through this mess, so he'll just have to leave instead. "I'll see if there's anyone outside, then." He decided as he left. This may have been a bit early in the morning, but dawn was approaching, and all the late nighters and all nighters would surely be going to their beds or something. Maybe Vigilon should find some other rest since he was woken up by those clearly plotting players. "I really don't know if I can find anyone else awake at this time, unless they somehow couldn't sleep...this is gonna be a big problem..." He thought aloud.

Vigilon did indeed try, but he found no one. So he decided to head over to another floor. He began making his way over to the teleport gate, but when he got close, he got tackled by Kanari. She must have gone straight there in case Vigilon decided to leave the floor for whatever reason. She helped him up on his feet, but kept him from going anywhere. "Amelia, please stop, you're looking really suspicious to me now, and I know your smiles of mischief when I see them. I'm getting out and waiting for the afternoon so I can get more party members." Vigilon said in an irritated tone. "Sorry, but this is kind of an urgent matter and we needed someone with Martial Arts for the job." Kanari responded. "What job? what are you even talking about? No, I'm not doing it, I'm not getting involved in one of your-"

Plonk!

"Gotcha!" Taika called out upon capturing Vigilon by placing a Wooden Barrel over him.

"What the- What are you- LET ME GO, LET ME OUT!!!!" Vigilon reacted as he attempted to struggle inside the barrel. Kanari and Taika would hastily lift the barrel in a way that kept Vigilon inside, and the lid of the barrel was placed back onto it and locked, there wouldn't be enough space to try any attacks on it, and then the barrel would be carried by the two players. "Like we would do that now that we've got you. Now let's go, you've got some glass to shatter." Taika told Vigilon. Vigilon continued to struggle, but to no avail, as the barrel was too small to sustain very much damage from the inside from a player his size. Vigilon eventually stopped from exhaustion, leaving him at the mercy of his new captors. "You're never gonna hear the end of this from Jewel, you both know that, don't you?" Vigilon asked. He had no idea what kind of grand scheme he was going to be the victim of, aside that it involved him taking on a boss on his lonesome, but he might as well give himself a chance to discourage them.

Vigilon would find himself stuck in the barrel for some time, waiting for Kanari and Taika to release him. Eventually, the barrel was turned right side up and placed upon solid ground. He had no idea where he was, and frankly it was getting on his nerves. "You're free to get out when you agree to do the quest." Taika revealed.

Vigilon waited for what felt like half an hour, then he decided to bust himself out. He wasn't hearing a thing, anyway.

He struggled, he moved himself against the very closed up wooden interior of his prison, he even tried a few punches. He didn't have much success, but that didn't stop him from trying. He continued to struggle against his wooden prison, and it felt like almost an hour as he persisted to break out of this thing. Eventually, he managed to burst out. He felt like the forest that lay before him was a land yet to be tamed, as there was a quest to do. Most typical warriors would beat a weapon against their shield, so he beat his weapons against his protection...meaning he beat his chest with his fists.

Vigilon received a message from Kanari.

To: Vigilon

Subject: Quest

You get out yet? If so, just proceed ahead, your opponent is waiting for you.

-Kanari_Kakaze

Vigilon sighed. "Guess I'll have to play along with this." Oh, how little did he know of the gauntlet that lay before him. 

Vigilon would look in front of him, and there were...many trees. he would have to jump from tree to tree if he was to go straight as he was suggested to. "Right...never been the best at climbing, so I guess I'll have to make sure I don't slip up..." He thought aloud. Well, tree leaping it was gonna be, he'd hate to have to climb because of a badly judged jumping distance. He began with one tree, then another. "This better be worth my time, and I better come back alive." He thought. His new goal was simple: Survive the duo's shenanigans, as well as the quest.

Tree jumping didn't seem to be Vigilon's best skill form his in-game experience, but he seemed to manage fairly well...mostly. Sure, he had a close call here and there, but the branches were easy enough to grab onto.

Once he managed to reach the lower trees, he found himself tree jumping to a low canopy that was sure to lead him deeper into the forest. Wasn't there a settlement above, in the taller portions of the deep forest's canopies? Whatever the case, there was more to do. He saw something that looked player-made blocking his path. He believed it was player-made because the item didn't exactly fit in with the floor, so clearly it didn't belong here. Only one kind of entity could make something so out of place: a player.

Vigilon looked carefully at, and examined this unexpected wooden blockage. "The heck is this doing here?" He thought aloud.

Vigilon soon received a message from Taika.

Subject: a little help

Hey, so you might want to know this. There are a few wooden blockages around the area, might as well break them if they're in your way. Some scouts reported that some fruit has been falling to the ground, either ripe or about to be ripe, and there's someone out there who wants them. We can give you some ores for them if you'd like. Also, someone's gone and made a bunch of items(or, at least, we think they're items) of similar design to the blockages, and dropped them all for reasons unknown...and one of the local Kobold Tribes seems to have taken the items for their own and equipped them. Be careful if they disrupt you on the way to the Monkey King.

-Taika

Vigilon sighed. He didn't anticipate this...but it was all so sudden, too coincidental... "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Vigilon decided to break down the strange wooden object, its designs being better off for an island or jungle, rather than a forest. Maybe he would seek out these fruits he could exchange for materials as he made his way to the now identified quest target. He kept an eye out, and spotted a-

..Well, what kind of "Monkey King" would this quest target be if there were no bananas? Wow, this felt really strange. Sure, most monkeys and apes were omnivores, but this was really pushing it. Like, was the system ok with this, or was this...planned? Whatever the case, he could still trade it for an ore. If it works, it works. This couldn't possibly be the weirdest stuff Vigilon had seen, he knew he'd seen weirder stuff. He continued along, hoping none of the Kobolds Taika spoke of in her message would show up.

ID# 183614 CD: 3, LD: 12+3=15(Found 1 T1 material)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon soon stopped as he heard something moving through the foliage. He turned around to see a bunch of Kobolds, and they didn't look like the usual kind seen around this floor. Yup, they'd stolen gear. But it was quite ridiculous how they even looked. "I have no idea who's responsible for it yet, but clearly your impromptu supplier didn't think about what's alien to this world and what's not." He muttered. The gear that the Kobolds stole seemed to be apparel, though it was probably of vanity quality, otherwise how the heck would they have gotten their hands on it all? The Kobolds raised their weapons. Yeah, they were itching for a fight. "Take those dumb 'helmets' off your heads, you look ridiculous and they barely even fit you." Vigilon remarked before beating down the first one to try anything. "You gonna continue?" Vigilon asked the other two Kobolds. They looked at each other, and then came rushing at Vigilon, who simply used All Might on one, after jumping on one of them for a boost, then after the second Kobold was taken care of, he handled the third with Acupuncture. A simple solution to a ridiculous problem.

The Kobolds hadn't done very much damage, so it was probably just all vanity gear that they'd gotten their hands on. He heard some rustling to his left, but when he looked he didn't find anything. He looked back to the pilfered vanity helm that clearly didn't belong. He shook his head. "There's no such thing as tiki tribes on this floor...might as well clean things up while I'm doing the quest." He said before tearing the item in half, causing it to shatter and disappear. There was balance to restore, and a glass cannon boss to slay...and maybe some out-of place items to gather up and some Kobold bandits to beat up, too. Might as well keep his eyes open for any of those fruits, too... So far, there didn't seem to be any in sight. Now Vigilon was wondering why he was going through this. It was all too much to be coincidental, but maybe it was. He still had his suspicions, however...

ID# 183620 LD: 11+3=14(nothing found)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon would continue to make his way to the quest target, not finding very much, but he did find quite a few Kobold bandits with the gear, and a few out of place obstacles. "This forest is too big to clean up on my own...I should get some help." He decided. He thought of some players he could try messaging, and all but one who he messaged claimed they were busy. There was only one player left who he messaged. That one kid he met, the only other player aside from Astralin and that other guy who he assisted in their attempts to gain the Martial Arts skill. The youth really looked up to him, it was sad that there was even a subsection of kids that got trapped around here. The response he'd gotten from this younger player was, "On my way".

Vigilon simply continued on, he was sure to run into his new ally...but first a rest, he needed to have enough energy for the battles ahead.

ID# 183691 LD: 6(nothing found)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon rested until he received a message.

Subject: Small favor

I'm trapped in a barrel, I didn't even see my captors. Last I remember, I was close to where the Monkey King was said to be, there was a huge tree nearby.

-Vurin

The poor kid.

Vigilon would shake his head. Time for more than just a cleanup of the floor. "If you two turn out to be the reason for this..." Vigilon began, thinking of Kanari and Taika. "You will owe this little guy immensely." He decided as he began to climb a smaller tree to try and see where the larger tree was. He saw something on top of the tree, but when he tried to grab it, he lost his footing and fell down, the various branches of the tree resetting his fall distance, therefore breaking his fall. Well, at least he saw the big tree that Vurin told him about.

ID# 183706 LD: 1(if applicable, you could say it was a critical fail)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon knew which direction to go now, so he made haste to where his ally may be waiting, keeping an eye out for anything, just in case. 

Just because he wasn't seeing anything didn't mean this was over. In fact, he had much to do. Find his ally, slay monsters, clean up a mess, slay the Monkey King...yeah, he had a lot to do. He ended up having a run-in with regular Kobolds, but they weren't too much to handle. He would soon see something in the distance. it looked like something wooden with a marking on it. Whether it was another one of those out-of place objects, or the barrel his ally was trapped in, Vigilon was likely to try and destroy it. "I really hope there will be some compensation for this..." Vigilon thought aloud. He didn't want to wander all over the floor after dealing with the quest target.

ID# 183746 LD: 2+3=5(nothing found)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon made his way over to the object. It was indeed a barrel, and it had "V.K." painted on it.

Vigilon was not amused.

He looked around the barrel to see if there was anything around, but there wasn't anything. He then walked up to the barrel and began trying to pull it apart with his hands. The durability of the barrel would begin to decrease, so Vigilon must have either grown strong along his adventure, or this was just his Martial Arts skill giving him a boost. Both, maybe? Whatever the case, he eventually managed to break the barrel, and his ally would get up after the barrel's remains shattered.

"Master Vigilon, thank you so much for getting me out of there." The boy said.

Yeah, about that...Vigilon let this boy know about the experience he'd grown in the Martial Arts skill, and that he'd helped another player gain the skill before...and the boy decided that he would be Vigilon's apprentice in terms of the Martial Arts Skill.

ID# 183767 LD: 7+3=10(nothing found)

Edited by Vigilon

If only Vigilon could tell this kid...how he was intending to drop the skill. Maybe he could keep the skill until the younger player's training was completed. Vurin's progress was pretty good, but seeing that he was mostly a scout build, it would take some time for him to max out the skill, unless he was already a level similar to Vigilon's.

"Right...well, need any help before we get to it?" Vigilon asked. "I'm kind of exhausted, I used up my energy trying to get out of this thing..." Vurin admitted.

Vigilon would help the boy up onto his back, seeing that the boy was only 4'8" in height. Surprisingly a bit heavy, but, oh well. "Ok, what a way to improvise...anything else you can tell me?" He asked, despite being pretty sure he'd quickly get tired of this piggyback he was attempting. "I know that some hostile animals have been gathering a certain material that was kind of booming around for a short time, and that they'd be gone soon, from what some could tell. I don't even know if any of the gathered up piles are still around, but I trust your informant, Master." The boy explained.

Vigilon could quickly get tired of this, he really couldn't see this boy as an apprentice, nor himself as one of those Martial Arts Masters who trained others in the skill.

"And this material is?" Vigilon asked as he continued along with the boy on his back. "Unfortunately, he didn't know what it was exactly, but he knew it was a cook's ingredient; A fruit. Since he himself is a cook on his spare time, he is offering a reward to me for any piles I manage to gather." Vurin explained. Vigilon had a feeling as to what it was, but he wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. He would keep an eye out for anything that he either had a use for, or could exchange.

Nothing much besides a single...banana. Of all the fruits, why bananas? Why couldn't it have been multiple fruits of the forest that were in season? Did the eighth floor have different seasons for each fruit, or was this just around the regions of the forest at or near where the Monkey King spawned? ...Or was this all planned? Only one way for Vigilon to find out.

ID# 183768 CD: 3, LD: 14+3=17(found 1 T1 material)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon stared at the fruit in his hand. "So, Vurin, what reason would lead someone to believe bananas could grow on this floor? I mean, I know this floor is home to many different kinds of forests, but is there even a climate on the floor that's tropical enough for some to survive, or is this just game logic?" He asked. "That's a fair question, Master. I never studied botany enough to answer this, so I can only assume it was a mistake of the game makers, or maybe just game logic." The boy answered. Well, this would be something to think about. "If it was rare and came from much hardier trees of its species, then maybe I could understand." Vigilon remarked. "So, I hear you've been studying the various styles of Martial Arts as to improve your form, right?" He asked Vurin. "Yeah, I've been looking into the different styles. I wish to learn Dragon Style, but some say that one must learn the others in order to properly train in this." The boy answered.

"...what?"

"Ah, well, those are all from one type of Martial Arts, it's all a broad category of combat, and most of the attacks in this game are done via Sword Arts, as you probably know by now...but I can still see applying such things to the Sword Arts' activation, or if you wanted to go above and beyond for your own personal reasons." Vigilon remarked on what the young player said.

Some time later, there would be a bit of an arena-like clearing with a few trees around. Arena-like clearing...

A fair number of weaker monsters came into view, but that's not all that awaited. The weaker monsters seemed to be after a pile of...ok, how could there be a whole bunch of bananas just sitting there on the ground? were they gathered? Dropped? Fresh from a tree that's clearly dead? Whatever the case, Vigilon helped his ally to the ground, and Vurin rushed off to the pile. There was his mark. Once Vurin had reached the pile, the weaker monsters turned to face him, while something else came down to where Vigilon was...

It was a massive monkey(or was it an ape? He couldn't tell), with red eyes that stared daggers at Vigilon's.

Well, there was his mark.

[Spawned Monkey King]

Vigilon: HP 860/860, EN 96/96 | 15 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Monkey King: HP 250/250, 240 DMG, 50 MIT, Strikes and stuns entire opposing party while dealing half Damage on MD 9-10

Edited by Vigilon