Extra Skills
>> Familiar Master: Fighter III
>> Survival

Inventory
>> T2 Demonic Katana <<Tsuki no Hikari>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> T2 Perfect Light Armor <<Shadow Chance Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regen]

Battle-Ready Inventory
---

A black coat fell at Tala's feet, the heavy leather thumping on the ground. The same coat he'd worn when Tala had first stumbled into his shop.

"Put that on." Koga demanded, "And take off your accuracy trinket."

It hadn't been particularly hard finding Tala, now that her and Noct's locations were beginning to appear on his map again. An odd glitch in the system, but one he didn't care enough about to worry over at the moment.

No, right now, his only concern was dueling his sister. As children they'd both taken martial arts and kendo together. It was one of the few things that they both shared equal prowess in. And so, whenever they'd gotten into arguments that couldn't settle with words, they'd donned their gear, picked up their shinai, and fought each other until they'd settled whatever argument they'd had. They'd fought the first time Tala had sabotaged Koga's relationship. And the second. By the third, he'd given up.

This was different. It wasn't just about Tala fucking him over again. It was about all the pain she'd created for the last year. All because of her stupid decision.

@Tala

Giving to Tala:  T1 Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regen]

Spoiler

Tala
Level: 17
HP: 340/340 | EN: 34/34 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | Bleed: 12 | REGEN: 5

Equipped
Yurushi [Demonic T1 Katana [Cursed // Bleed // Bleed // Paralyze]]
T1 Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regen]

Skills
» Katana - Rank 4

She hadn't made it back far once her brother came storming up. She knew the coat that he threw at her, and she reluctantly picked it up. She looked at him, before looking at the jacket, unequipping her current one, throwing the new on one, and unequipping her necklace. She felt naked without that accuracy, and she had a feeling that this wasn't about to go in her favor. He hadn't even said her name, and she knew what was about to happen.

She knew that look, she really had royally messed up, and bad. This wasn't good really, and she knew that all too well. Between the reunion, if it could be called that, with Yukiro and now Koga being this angry with her, she just wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Akame on the other hand, could tell just how mad Koga was and started to lowly growl at him, before Tala lightly touched her head. "No Akame, you're nor trained, and he's too angry to care what gets in the way it seems like."

On her hand was her engagement ring still, though it carried more weight than she wished to admit right now. Making sure that everything was ready to his standards, she looked at her brother. "Rules?"

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 183929
LD: 8

Edited by Tala

As Tala donned the gear, Koga sent her the duel invitation. A first strike duel. It wouldn't have been fair to go half-loss. The level difference was so large, he would've defeated her in only a few moments. And a win like that meant nothing. A win due to stats alone meant nothing.

No, Koga wanted a real fight, where the only thing that mattered was how quick they were, how precise, and how skilled. That was the only this would have any meaning for them. For him.

"If you beat me here, Tala," Koga addressed his sister, "then that's it, I'll be yours, and yours alone. That's what you want, isn't it?" Koga spat the words out, his voice dropping with anger. "But if I win, you won't interfere with my affairs ever again. Is that clear?"

Perhaps reason had left him. But there were no other possible reasons Koga could imagine that Tala would hurt him like she had time and time again. There were no other solutions he could think of. He was at the end of his rope.

@Tala

ID: 183974
LD: 5

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

TalaHP: 340/340 | EN: 32 (34-2)/34 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | Bleed: 12 | REGEN: 5
Koga | HP: 840/840 | EN: 82 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

Tala attacks Koga with a basic attack and misses!

Spoiler

ID: 183975
BD: 4
DMG: Miss

She stared at the duel invite, a single strike duel. She was still staring at the invitation when he spoke again, and she could actually be seen physically cringing from the anger in the words. Yeah, she messed things up really bad. She sighed though and pressed accept on the invitation. "Even if I win, I'm going to leave you be brother." But then, she had a feeling that he didn't believe her at all right now, she has said that in the past after all. But, if he could drop the anger for just a moment, he would be able to realize that there was no joy or anything in her voice for this.

She felt horrible, and while he and Yukiro might not believe her, she knew the truth, she just needed to find a way to prove that she felt horrible. "If I win, you tell me how I can make any of this up to you and Noctua. If you win, you won't have to see me again." She made her own amendment to the end of the deal before the count-down finished, and she made her move. She didn't bother with sword arts, it wasn't worth it, but she knew that if Koga thought she was trying to purposely throw the fight, it would just anger him more.

So, she tried, and she missed, because her heart and mind just wasn't in this fight. She watched as her blade missed that targeted area of her brother's right leg, only for her to end up behind him instead with the katana just showing that she wasn't into this, but her hands gripped tighter onto the hilt as she turned to try and see if she was about to lose this or if she was still in the duel.

@Koga

Edited by Tala

As the counter ticked down, Tala made her statement, a phrase Koga had heard time and time again. Time and time again had she gone back on her word. There was no point in replying, she already knew he didn't believe her. Nor did he have a response when she changed the terms of the duel. Whether or not there was a way that Tala could do anything to  make amends was far and beyond Koga's scope. His rage prevented walled off any emotion he would have otherwise had, not seeing her again.

The fighters drew their swords, and Koga waited for Tala to make the first move. He scowled at her half-hearted attempt, stepping to the side, and swinging wide himself. "C'mon, Aki, put some heart into," he challenged,  taking a step back and raising his katana into a guard once more. "You better not be holding back out of self-pity or something."

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala HP: 340/340 | EN: 32/34 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | Bleed: 12 | REGEN: 5
Koga | HP: 840/840 | EN: 80/82 (82 -2) | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

Round #1
Koga attacks Tala
Koga misses!

Spoiler

ID: 184033
BD: 2

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala HP: 340/340 | EN: 32 (32+1-1)/34 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | Bleed: 12 | REGEN: 5
Koga | HP: 840/840 | EN: 80/82 | DMG: 16 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 18 | BRN: 24 | BLT: 24 | FALN: 4 | REGN: 10

Round #2
Tala attacks Koga
Tala hits!
Tala is the winner!

Spoiler

ID: 184043
BD: 6 (8-2)

He didn't believe her at all, she could see it not only in his eyes, but the mere fact that he didn't answer her at all. When he stepped away from her own attack, she easily saw his attack coming and was able to move a little to make it swing wildly wide. It was her nickname that made her cringe once more, along with the still irritated tone in his voice. She sighed lightly and straightened herself up. If he wanted her to truly try to win, then so be it.

She didn't need to do much, she was fast, and small, and she used them to her advantage. He had six inches on her, he always had, and just the mere fact that she hadn't even tried, proved that he remembered her speed in these battles between them. Fine. He wanted her to try, to make sure that he didn't win, then so be it. She didn't like it, but she rushed for him, aiming her blade right for his left arm, and it hit.

The duel was over, and the winner badge above her head. "There, your duel is over, and as I said, I'm not going by your terms, nor mine. I can tell that there's no getting through to you to be able to actually try and make amends. Fine. Tell Yukiro that I'm sorry I failed, and if you see Noctua again, I hope she doesn't see this side of you again. If you left her looking like this, it's fully broken what was left holding that woman to you."

You know that strong face that Koga puts on when he isn't so deep in his anger or anything, well, that was the very face that Tala had on her face. The very face that was proving that she was going to stay as strong as she could. Akame, knowing that the duel was over and that her master was distraught, walked over to Tala and gently nudged her. But Tala couldn't even be bothered to make sure that the wolf knew that she was alright, and instead, just stared at her brother, her eyes locked with his.

She did do one thing though, and she unequipped the armor that he had thrown at her, and she threw it back, it landing in front of his feet this time.

Returning to Koga:  T1 Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regen]

@Koga

Edited by Tala

Tala straightened her back, and a faint smile appeared on the man's lips. This was the fight he was hoping to get. His grip on Tsuki tightened, and he waited for the next attack. And yet, he'd still be surprised. Tala rushed forward with a speed he had never seen from her before, and he moved a moment too late. Her blade went right past his parry, and he felt the blade dig into his arm.

The victory banner appeared over their heads, declaring Tala the winner. Koga stood there in shock.

He'd expected a long drawn out fight. Or maybe he'd expected some amount of vindication. Whatever it was that he'd thought would happen or wanted, this wasn't it. Not for it all to come to an end in mere moments. Koga's arms fell to his side as Tala said her piece. Not that Koga heard it. It wasn't until he heard the coat fall back at his feet that he returned to reality.

"Keep it," he said to his sister, "it's not like I need it."

@Tala

He didn't hear a damned thing that she just told him. She just stared at him and shook her head. "You didn't hear a word I just said, did you?" She ignored the coat, she didn't need it, she had one that had been doing her perfectly well since she got it. Leaving Akame where the wolf was, she walked over to Koga, and just stared at him. That was when she noticed it.

"You aren't actually in there anymore, are you? I know that things have gone bad, and I'm to blame, but really, this isn't you at all. You don't just challenge me and lose that fast. You don't just willingly attempt to hand me the reigns to your damn life. I know I've messed up a lot of things for you in the past and I royally screwed this one over, but still, to see that you've willingly let Noctua out of your life like this, that's not you. I bet you didn't even notice the pain you put Noctua in when you left her did now, did you? Or the pain that you're causing yourself by not even attempting to talk to anyone about anything. I know that our way has been to fight things out, but you can't do that with her. I'd say she's too soft, but, you know, she's probably given up."

The fact that she's standing here, within slapping distance now, lecturing her older brother on his actions after what she did, was a miracle. She knew that there was something that he would want to read, that would probably get Tala slapped, but someone or something had to knock sense into this man. So, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a note, handing it to him.

@Koga

There was a complete and total lack of recognition in Koga's eyes. A hollowness and an emptiness that Tala would have never seen before. Surprisingly, Koga found that he no longer hated his sister. In fact, he felt nothing at all for her. How strange.

But the way she spoke. As if he didn't know how much everyone was hurting. Yukiro, Noctua, him, her. He knew all too well how much pain they were in. It was impossible not to. But what could he do about it? He didn't want to talk about it. He didn't want to think about it.

The girl reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to him. The man looked at it, the only spark of recognition since Tala's fateful strike. Koga held the note back out to Tala. "I already know what it says," he told her quietly. He didn't need to hear it again.

@Tala

Edited by Koga

There was nothing in his face, that wasn't right, nor normal, and just plain... scary? Yeah, scary. She was very surprised though that he hadn't thought about striking her down, she was right there after all. This really wasn't her brother anymore. She just stared at him, trying to find some trace of her brother that was hopefully still in there. But, she wasn't finding anything, at least, not until she showed him the note. "If you know what it says, then perhaps you should stop beating yourself and Noctua up about it. This isn't her fault, it's mine. If you're going to blame and hate someone, make it me." Alright ladies and gentlemen, the world is obviously ending because Tala is trying to fix what she broke. That's not normal, and this can be easily seen.

But, she also meant it, and she was going to find some way to make sure that her brother doesn't fall into some dumb pit of despair. That would be bad for all parties involved. But, she took the note and put it back in her pocket. She just stared at him, hoping, praying, wishing that she had gotten through to him. She just had to wait and see now didn't she?

@Koga

"I don't hate you," Koga whispered, before brushing past Tala. To where, Koga didn't really know. His legs just began to move of their own accord. He still blamed her of course, but he didn't hate her. Even if he didn't understand.

The man stopped walking for a moment. There was something he still wanted to ask. "Why do you do it, Aki?" Masato asked, not even looking in her direction. "I never really understood. Why made you do it?" Maybe that was a question he should have asked a long time ago. It wasn't like the answer would change anything now, but still. He wanted to know. Maybe he needed to, too.

They'd always been close, ever since they were little. He'd have done anything for Akiara. He figured she'd do the same for thing for him. Maybe that was asking too much. Either way, this had always been the one thing that didn't make sense.

@Tala

She stared after him as he brushed past her. If he didn't hate her, then who did he hate? She was figuring that at this point, he had to hate someone, and she honestly wished that it was her, because at least then, she'd know that someone innocent wasn't getting the hatred.

But it was the question that came that made her sigh. Was he going to believe her was the question. She had a feeling that what she did, didn't look anything like what she was about to tell him, and that much bothered her a bit, but there was no changing anything. "You've been hurt enough. Even before I made sure that they weren't going to hurt you. I saw the note, and I knew that she was just going to run off again when she saw you go after her. There was no redeeming her, at least, not until I saw how she treated herself."

He wasn't looking at her, so there was no point in trying to make him look at her. She had gone and messed up, and it was high time that she admitted that. "I know I messed everything up, I can see that. But I can also see just how you actually meant to her. I've seen her not sleep, Mas. I've seen her actually disassociate herself with the world. Perhaps only because all she did was stay in an inn." Now was the golden question on if he believed anything that she said, and honestly, she wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

@Koga

Masato listened. He did his best to understand. Some desire to protect her brother from anyone else who'd hurt him. Wasn't it his job to protect her though? Mas sighed, and Akiara could see his head droop forwards. The man turned around to look at his sister, "How'd Yuki take it?" he asked. He needed time to process everything else. Maybe they'd talk about it again. But for now, it was best to move on. Besides, Aki had problems of her own now.

"Not well, I imagine?" Koga could still remember how Yuki had been when he'd shown up on his doorstep. They'd both been raw. Healing, but raw. They'd found solace in a brotherhood with each other, and a shared pain. Now, Koga reasoned, they shared another pain. He only hoped that the younger man was taking it better than he was. And that he wouldn't do something stupid or run off again.

@Tala

"He... he was mad. Called me pathetic, called me the villain, and he's not wrong." There was more to that, but she didn't want Koga to know about it yet. She didn't want him to think that he had to accept her apology and her guilt just to make it so that Yuki will talk to her again. That... that wasn't how she wanted to fix things this time, or ever again really.

"I am sorry Mas, I just didn't want to see you hurt, and instead, I managed to hurt you more. Hell, I hurt Yuki again too, so I honestly don't expect him to want to talk to me anymore." She looked at her hand and sighed as she reluctantly slid the ring off of her finger, putting it into her pocket. "I'd understand if you don't want to see me again either. I messed things up beyond repair this time I think."

She looked at Koga, a strong facade clearly on her face trying to not break. "Just promise me one thing? Talk to her. Give her a chance to actually explain things."

@Koga

For a moment, the old Koga reemerged, and he wanted to ask who Tala really was, and what she'd done with his sister. But the moment was brief. Instead, Koga sheathed his weapon, and walked over to the solemn Tala. He simply stood there for a moment, staring at her with a sad expression before pulling her head into his chest and planting a soft kiss on the top of her head. "You're an idiot," he said, "and a selfish one at that. But you're not a villain." People made mistakes. Big ones. Some just took longer to learn from them from others. Besides, she was his sister. They were inseparable, always. Even when Koga wanted to beat the ever-loving piss out of her sometimes, she was still his sister.

"I'll talk to her," he promised. "Or...I'll try. We both know I'm not good at that...and it might take a while...but you should talk to Yuki too. You need to."

@Tala

She looked at Koga when he walked over, and she just watched him. Now was going to come the slap upside the head right? It wouldn't have been the first time he's done that. But that hadn't happened, instead, she was being hugged. That was slightly confusing, but she took it. "Yes I am Mas, I hurt you worse than I have before. That makes me a villain, the bad guy, the one who doesn't deserve to be forgiven."

There was more that could have been said, but she didn't say it. She just thought about Yuki and pulled herself away from her brother, shaking her head. "No, I don't. There are things that I have to do to get him to talk to me again, and there's no way that I'm meeting those conditions." She gave her brother a small smile though, "I'll be fine, I always am, remember."

That denial was strong, but, she was determined and stubborn. "And don't you dare try to talk to him for me, got it." There was a soft, but stern, tone to her voice with that. She didn't need her older brother fighting her battles for her.

@Koga

This time Masato did slap her on the back of the head. Not hard enough to incur an orange cursor, but Aki definitely still felt it. "Do you feel bad for what you did? For real this time?" He already knew the answer. This was the first time in Masato's like that he had ever seen remorse like this in Aki. He didn't need to wait for an answer. "Then that's all it takes to deserve forgiveness." One of his few moments of wisdom, he supposed. Or maybe it was naivete.

"I won't say anything to him," Masato promised, "but, you will have to talk to him eventually. Even if things don't go your way." It was something she'd have to do for herself, even if she didn't realize it. Even if he forgave her right now, he was willing to wager Aki still needed to forgive herself. Maybe she'd grown up a little since she'd disappeared.

@Tala

She rubbed the back of her head and nodded, "Yeah, and I guess...." She didn't exactly believe him on the whole 'feeling bad deserves forgiveness'. But, that was just her, if he wanted to forgive her now, then he could. That doesn't mean that she was going to forgive herself as easily. She thought about Yuki though, and she sighed, shaking her head.

"I want to talk to him, I just don't know how or what to say." She paused for a moment and looked at Koga, a small smile cracking on her face, "Look, I sound like you." The smile was soon gone though as she just sighed lightly. "I just feel like I've messed up everyone's lives enough, it'd be better for him if I don't try to talk to him. Be better for you and Noctua if I just stay away." Alright, now she might be cracking a bit in her facade, but she was holding that back still.

@Koga

Koga gave Tala a look that told her he knew she didn't believe him. "Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed at you," he said, "but you're not a villain. Whether or not you choose to believe that is up to you, I guess." There were somethings that Koga knew he could never  convince Tala of, some things she just needed to figure out for herself.

"Yeah, you do," the man said with a small smile that fell away as quickly as Tala's. "It sounds to me like you're running away though." Maybe Koga wasn't the best person to be saying that at the moment. But neither of them were the kind to give up. It didn't suit them. "I know you need time. But you can't just walk away. You can't leave him, me or Noct behind 'cause you're ashamed. Or because you think we're better off without you. You make yourself better for the one's you care about, right?"

@Tala

She ignored the part about her having to believe that she wasn't the villain, that might take a bit in her mind after all. But, she did raise an eyebrow and just gave him this disbelieving look. "You're telling me that I'm running away, and yet, here you are? No Noctua behind you, which tells me that you pushed her away." Ouch Tala, that's a bit low, isn't it? But she had a feeling that she had a point, and she was going to leave that there.

"I can guarantee that Noctua isn't going to want me around her at all. You, I'll let you tell me when you want me around. Yukiro, I... I'll see what I can do to not feel horrible while being around him." She didn't know how to make herself better, which was the bad part about all of this. She just wanted things to right themselves, but no, she had to do the righting herself. But, she gave him a nod, "I'll work on that Mas. I'm going to go and train Akame and do some thinking."

The black wolf walked over to Tala when she heard her name, and, while Tala wanted to hug her brother good-bye, she didn't want to press his current mood. So instead, she walked away with Akame, already hating where her mind had taken her.

@Koga

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Everyone:
2 SP (1 Thread & 1 Quarantine)
200 Col