[F01 - PP] Name This Thread <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 1: the Emerald Hatchling>>

She really wanted to just laugh and play it off that she had been joking, but she hadn't been, and that's the bad part. She just stared after him as he pushed past her, and there went that forgiveness that she tried to give herself. Well, she really just messed that up again, and it made her sigh as she jogged to catch up with him. Furthermore, she wanted to say something, but she just didn't know what to say at this point. Not only that, but she just seemed to say the wrong thing each time. "Whelp, since I can't seem to say the right thing ever, I guess now is the moment that I should say thank you for the help." She sighed lightly, and pulled her own ring from her pocket, grabbing his arm for a moment to put the ring in his hand.

"We both know that I don't deserve this anymore. Not with how much I hurt everyone this time." She stilled smiled lightly, though it was a sad one. "Before you ask, yes, I think I made amends with Koga. I almost forgave myself, thinking that you were happy, but you aren't, so I can't exactly forgive myself yet." She let go of him with a shrug before she started to walk ahead of him, thinking on her own words for once. She really was growing up, too bad it was at the worst time possible.

@Yukiro

Yukiro let out a heavy sigh, waving off Tala's thanks. "Don't worry about it. Just... Seriously, where did you even get that idea?" He scratched the back of his head, not quite sure how he felt. Disappointed, for sure. Still angry at her, but not nearly as much as before. It was nice to get to spend time with her again, but something was seriously off with her. 
As he felt Tala grab his arm, he paused and turned a bit to look at her. She put something in his hand, and Yukiro recognized the ring immediately. It was an exact match to the one he was wearing, albeit made for a smaller hand. 
...Is she... Trying to tell me that she's over me..? 
Why wouldn't she deserve it? Well, actually, Yukiro could probably answer that pretty easily. But that wasn't the point; why didn't she want it? 
"A-ah," he finally said dejectedly, "I thought..." Instead of finishing, he just looked at his own ring. After a moment of consideration, he slowly slipped the metal band off his finger. "S-sorry, I... Thought you still wanted..." he almost whispered. He shook his head, gritting his teeth. No, he should have seen this coming. He wouldn't let himself cry at a time like this. Tightly gripping the rings in his hand, he put on as brave a face as he could and walked to catch up to Tala. This time, he grabbed her arm, and put both rings in her hand. 

"If you wanted it back, you could have just asked," he said, stepping away quickly to make sure Tala couldn't give the rings back, "I, um... Thank you for the chance you gave me. If you need my help again, please ask," he finished with a quick bow, "I'm sorry I wasn't who you wanted." 

Yukiro stood up straight, taking a final look at Tala, before he turned and walked briskly back toward the Town of Beginnings. 

@Tala

There she went again, saying the wrong damn thing, and chasing him away, again. She stared at the rings that were in her hand and she closed her hand, feeling the rings actually start to dig into her palm. There was the familiar sting of tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Then she heard it, a howl from Akame before the black wolf bolted toward Yuki, stopping directly in front of him. "A-akame?!" Tala ran over to them, if only to make sure that the wolf hadn't hurt him. Instead, she was just laying in front of his feet, whining.

By the time Tala reached them, she gave up on stopping the tears, and looked at the wolf. She knew what Akame was trying to do, and it hurt. The wolf was trying to fix Tala's mistakes for her right now, and it made Tala shake her head. "Yuki... I...." She had to stop to think of the words that she wanted to use. She didn't know what she wanted to say, but she knew one thing that she could do. She grabbed his ring from her palm, ignoring the red, stinging circles that were in her palm before she hesitantly grabbed his hand. Not only that, but she gently placed his ring back into his palm. "Don't leave... please. I... I wasn't trying to say that you weren't who I wanted...."

A pause, more thinking needed to be done, mainly because her mind was just a giant mess from this now. "Listen, I'm an idiot, we both know this. I screw up my words all the time and things like this happen. I don't want you to leave, I... I was merely just stating that I wanted to earn your trust back to be able to wear my ring without it feeling heavy, like I'm doing things wrong. I wanted to know that you thought I did deserve to wear it, and instead, I just... screw things up." She let go of his hand slowly, waiting to know if he was still going to leave her or not.

@Yukiro

It had been a long day. And a pretty overwhelming one at that. After almost tripping over Akame, Yukiro heard Tala coming up behind him. He wanted to keep running. It wouldn't be hard. He just had to take one step, and he could keep going. 
Just... Just one step, and he wouldn't have to face this. He could get away, he knew he could. But something kept his feet from moving. It was like they were suddenly rooted to the ground. Tala's hand took his, and he closed his eyes, unsure of what to expect. But, of all the things he could have expected, feeling Tala put his ring back in his hand wasn't one of them. 

He didn't move from where he was standing as she spoke. Not even an inch. It was hard to take it in; he felt like he'd been dumped and proposed to by the same person within the span of ten minutes. A part of him was still hurt, another was overwhelmed with relief. But what took him over was a hopeful agony. Slowly, he took Tala's hand and held it without turning around. The ring was pressed between their palms. Using his other hand, he wiped his face to make sure he wasn't crying. 

"...I don't want to leave," he shakily said, "I never stopped trusting you. Trusting you to trust me. It was so hard, to keep it on when you left... And when you came back." Something broke in his voice, and he paused. Taking a deep breath, he continued with a bit more control. "If I trust you to wear it, I need to know that you'll keep it on even though it's heavy. I need to know you won't give up because it's hard. That you'll come to me because you need help. That you'll help me because it became too much for me." He turned to look at her again. "...I don't want you to prove that your worthy, I want you to try your best to be there for me. Neither of us can do something like this alone..." 

With a small sniffle, he added, "...Idiot."

@Tala

He wasn't running from her, that was a good sign, right? She looked at their hands, slowly wiping her face dry with her other hand, it still clasped around her ring perfectly. She looked at him and nodded lightly, "Okay, but um... to put it on, I kind of need my other hand, unless your putting it back on my finger for me." She smiled lightly, taking the chance to step closer to him at this point. Akame, feeling accomplished, moved from her spot and found some shady cover a few feet away.

"You know, the same goes for you, if you need me, you just need to send me a message too. I'm sleeping in my shop, so I'll be nearby, I think. I don't know where my brother's house is...." She looked from him to their hands once more. That was something that kind of hurt to admit. Koga had left so mad at her, that she didn't know where his house was. Hell, he didn't even tell her that he had a house. "How about, we go to town, and get some ramen?"

@Yukiro

"Oh, right. Um," Yukiro almost stammered, "Sorry. Right, uhm, I guess..." Yukiro went to turn around and help Tala with her ring, but he was still holding her hand behind him, so he just awkwardly rotated the pair a bit. Eventually, he let her hand go so that they could put their rings on, but because they were holding his ring between their hands, he dropped it into the grass. With the sun setting, it took a long while of the snow-haired boy's panicked searching before he found it. 

Yukiro nodded to Tala's instruction to seek her out. "I will, so be careful. Um, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to tell you where Koga's house is. He'll be the one to tell you. Yes," he said before Tala could say anything, "He will. Maybe not soon, but he'll forgive you eventually. I promise." With that, the couple exchanged rings for the third time that day. At Tala's offer of a date, Yukiro gave her the first honest smile he'd shown her since her disappearance. "Yeah, let's do that. You're paying tonight!"

Spoiler

Thread Summery

Tala: 450 col, 3 SP (1 from quest, 1 from thread, 1 quarantine bonus), Rhaegal’s Emerald [Vanity Quest Item]
Yukiro: 450 col, 2 SP (1 from thread, 1 from quarantine bonus)

Edited by Yukiro