[SP-F3] Captured Again <<Escape>>

Krysta had heard of a group of bandits roaming about the third floor, so she was making preparations in the floor's local safe zone as to find and stop them. They were likely to be near some sort of establishment, as simple travelers alone couldn't possibly sate these brutes in terms of wealth that they dare to pilfer. Krysta had her whole inventory with her, but there was much to be done. Perhaps she could start with a minor investigation, and return with allies once she had the enemy pinned down. Were they around the forest, or out in the grasslands? Krysta was not so certain  as to where their hideout was, but she decided she would find it eventually. The most dangerous of the common monsters around here would surely be no match, as they would only be at the strength of a level fifteen enemy.

"Now that I'm ready, It is time to go." She thought aloud.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  35
HP:  700
EN:  70
DMG:  12(OHR Rank 5[+5], Yolviinsil[+6])

ACC: 1(Nightshade)

Paralysis: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

T2 Bleed: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

Mitigation: 54(Lumino Regalia, Lux Regalia)

Thorns: 36 Damage on successful enemy attack rolls of 6-8(Lux Regalia)

Recovery: Recovers an additional 2 EN on Natural CD rolls of 6-12(Lumino Regalia)

Battle Healing: Recovers 6 HP per turn

Equipment:

[T2]Nightshade(Rapier: ACC, PAR, BLD)[Equipped]

[T2]Lumino Regalia(Light Armor: 2 MIT, 1 REC)[Equipped]

[T2]Lux Regalia(Shield: 1 MIT, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

First Aid Rank 4

Battle Healing Rank 1

Extra skills:

Meditation[Unskilled]

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 3

Mods:  None

There was an unusual NPC said to know the whereabouts of various enemies or places of interest around the floor, but he was also rumored to be quite mad. Hopefully, he would be helpful. Keita was a good informant, but she was directly involved in an urgent matter and had no time to investigate in Krysta's stead. She made her way to the forest of wavering mists, where this informative NPC was said to be. Most of the NPCs she saw seemed to be the Dark Elves that wandered in this forest, who were often the targets of a quest Krysta had already taken. Quite a few of them glared at Krysta, but were willing to keep their distance if Krysta kept hers. Eventually, she came across a tiny clearing full of mushrooms, with a hollowed tree in the center, the hollow having a door and being only the size of one single room.

Krysta drew near the hollowed tree, and the door burst open. A man in ragged, crude coverings over most of his body came out of the tiny room that the hollow was. "Oi, I ought'a teach those- Oh! You aren't a creature, are ye?" The man asked Krysta. Before Krysta could introduce herself, the man spoke again. "Are ye one of those Mist Maidens? Always wanted to meet one of 'em."

Krysta blinked a few times, confused over this...awkward scenario. "I...Haven't the slightest clue what you speak of. My name is Krysta, and I seek to speak with someone named... Arfin, was it?" Krysta calmly inquired.

"Eh? So yer Krystal the Mist Maiden, eh? Lovely meeting ye! I'm Arfen Mushbark, I live here with my garden of mushrooms! Wisdom mushrooms!" The NPC said before bursting into a chuckle and plucking a mushroom, proceeding to stuff his face with it.

Goodness, he truly was mad. Completely bonkers, in fact.

"Ok... I'm seeking to put a stop to some nefarious brigands somewhere in this land, there was a group of them, and I was wondering if you knew of their whereabouts." Krysta explained. 

"Ah, them big men with their pokey sticks? They been causing trouble 'round this forest, I'd get why a lovely Mist Maiden like ye would want to teach 'em a lesson, eh? They come from them grassy valleys, took big rocks and the trees they chopped, made a big uh....thing they all stay in. They pretty dumb though, who'd be dumb enough to not want at least one of these mushrooms? Heh heh heh heh haaa!!!!" The mad NPC explained.

Well, she at least had an identified biome as a possible location, the valleys. "And, erm, might I ask which direction?" She questioned.

"Right, right, Mist Maidens only good at directions as other creatures, heh heh! Yeah, they of'en come from thatta way, over yonder near the river." The madman answered. "I used to go there fer fish, if those bears didn't beat me to it first, but them big men yer chasin', they be a real pain, whackin' with big stick, lookin' fer sparkly stuff they call 'col'." The NPC rambled.

That was good enough, river, valley, it all made sense, really. If it wasn't a safe zone, it could have been who Krysta was seeking out. "Thank you for your words, I must be off now... Farewell..." Krysta said before leaving. "Farewell! Heh heh, lovely Mist Maiden..." The NPC trailed off with a smile on his face, before tending to the smaller mushrooms.

With that awkward encounter out of the way, Krysta left the forest and searched its boundaries for a river. It was about twenty minutes before she spotted the river. As mad as the man was, he did seem to get the directions right. Of course, Krysta preferred Keita's intelligence to this NPC's maddened luck, and she was unlikely to speak with that individual again. She began to follow the river, but five minutes later, she began to hear sounds. She looked to her left, then continued on. She heard sounds and turned to her right, still nothing. When she knew she heard something a third time, she was going to turn around while drawing her blade to face whatever was coming for her, but as she began to do so, she was suddenly struck with some kind of arrow. She took out the arrow, and it was...surprisingly narrow, kind of like a pencil point. Her vision began to fade, and she realized she'd been hit with an arrow slathered in tranquilizing poison.

Before she knew it, her vision faded to black.

Krysta awakened, feeling as if she had awakened from a strange substance. She got up, and noticed she was in some kind of cell.

She had been captured. Again.

She reached for her weapon, but it wasn't there. She checked her inventory...and it was completely empty, save for the tattered rags that were apparently equipped. She looked at herself, and was suddenly flustered.

"Oh, dear..." She thought.

She had to get out of here with all due haste before her captor returned. She hastily looked for possible ways out, but she came out absolutely empty, save for the cell's gate. She looked past it and saw a storage crate. It must have had all her missing items and gear. She backed up as she heard footsteps. She falsely laid down, her back to the gate. "You think she's stirring?" A male voice asked. "Could be. Did we forget to give her more of the stuff? You know, to keep her asleep." Another voice considered. "Well, then, go on then, give it to her." The first one responded. "Do I look like I brought it with me? I thought it was your turn." The second one claimed.

The first one groaned. "Then go get it, you fool!" He snapped. "I'll let the boss know about the girl. She's not likely to wake that soon, I don't think..."

With that, the footsteps dispersed and faded. Krysta looked back towards the gate, saw no one there. She saw that the gate, despite being made from metal was fairly weak, and it was likely to shake when moved. She had to get her gear back, she shan't allow herself to be put back into whatever slumber she was under before. There was no time to message someone, and no time to waste. She had never trained her fists, but she was fair at delivering kicks, particularly in a region that was highly sensitive. Maybe some of that practice will come in handy here. She slowly walked backward, and then rushed forward to kick one corner of the gate. the metal shifted slightly, but it wasn't enough.

[Krysta attacks the Gate]

Gate durability: 75%

Krysta sat down and took a look at her leg and foot. She didn't seem to suffer any damage, but there was definitely some tingling, and it made sense, for there was nothing covering her foot at the moment, as the rags covered only the necessary areas. She got back up, and thought about whether or not she should continue. She already checked her inventory and found no item she could use to bash open the gate, for she only had the rags. These brigands, were they the ones she had been looking for, or was this another group? The evil clients of her previous captor? She was not certain as to who her current captors are, but she would rather not stick around to find out what they wanted with her, or if they plotted to do anything while she was asleep. She used her other leg and struck the other corner. More tingling, but the same result as the last time. At least there was progress.

Gate durability: 50%

So then, where would Krysta strike next...? She'd attacked two corners, but she'd have to jump in order to reach the other ones. Sure, it was possible, but she would need to strike swiftly and with force if she was to do so successfully. She would strike the next corner, and there would be more tingling following it. Hopefully she wouldn't be too weak to carry on when she was free from this accursed cell. She really didn't feel comfortable in these rags, and would rather be in her gear once again. She would need it to fight off any enemies that came her way, regardless. "I mustn't allow this to continue, I will have my freedom from this place. I will break down this door, no matter how long it takes." She thought. She still hoped that she could be free before those buffoons came back with more of that tranquilizing toxin.

Gate durability: 25%

Krysta heard footsteps approaching, and quickly returned to the position she was in the last time she heard someone coming. "Eh? What's all the racket? ...Is someone there? ...Where are you..." The voice said. Clearly they weren't looking for Krysta. She let out a relieved exhale, but that caught their attention. "Eh? Wait...she's waking up! That blasted fool, I knew we shouldn't have trusted him..." The voice exclaimed before running off.

Well, they were sure to be wary when Krysta escaped. It was now or never, the opportune moment had come. She quickly got back up and prepared herself to attack again. She jumped and struck the last corner, and all she needed to do now was to finish off the gate. She gave herself a bit of time of course, just in case bruises, sprains or even fractures were a thing in this game.

She then struck the gate in the center, and the connecting areas of the gate all were separated from the walls that cracked and crumbled. While the structure still stood, the gate did not. It fell upon the ground and shattered.

Gate durability: 0% Gate Destroyed!

Krysta hastily grabbed the chest and dragged it over to the open cell, as she would prefer some privacy when getting back into her original gear. She opened the chest and selected the option "Take All", then the first thing she would do would be to equip her Battledress. Krysta breathed a sigh of relief. There, that's better, and far more modest than those rags. She then moved her other items into their proper places within her inventory, and she then equipped her weapon. She looked for her shield, and equipped that last. She was now ready to face her enemies. "You have all made a mistake you all shall now regret for the rest of your days." Krysta declared. Time for some retribution.

She walked out of the open cell, and looked to her left and to her right. One of these paths had to be the one leading towards the exit.

[Krysta has recovered and equipped her gear]

Krysta chose the left path. The minute she'd made her decision, she saw two of her captors over in the right path. One of them dropped some kind of mixture, probably what they were using to keep Krysta unconscious. "She's awake, she's awake!" The two said as they scrambled around, looking for weapons to use against her. Krysta ran off in the left direction, and her escape would begin. She would waste no time, and if she was to encounter anyone, she would be ready to fight. She saw two armed brigands at the end of this hall, so she would need to find another path somewhere along this one. One of the two armed bandits tapped the other's shoulder, and pointed over to Krysta. "Blast!" the newly awakened bandit exclaimed. "Sound the alarm, the girl is free!" He called out towards a small opening in the wall, probably alerting the bandits to Krysta's condition.

Krysta found a T-intersection, and made the turn as to not head straight for the other bandits. She continued along that hall, but it appeared that this place seemed like some kind of maze. There were rooms, but also some cells. This place...was poorly constructed, but the maze aspect might make it troublesome for anyone who hasn't been here before...so that was where the bandits would have their advantage. Krysta stopped at another T-intersection, and she looked towards the two directions...both led to rooms. She would have to backtrack. She would begin to do so, but she kept her eyes peeled for anything that could lead elsewhere. She saw a room that had another door, did it lead to the other halls? She entered, but when she tried to open the door, she realized it was locked. She turned around to see two bandits arrive. Krysta readied her weapon, for combat was inevitable.

Krysta prepared her attack, and rushed in to strike with the Sword Art known as Neutron. The enemy dodged the attack. "So, that's how it's gonna be, eh? Hate to hurt a lovely one like yourself, but so be it." The bandit decided. "Your fiendish plot ends here, you foul brigands!" Krysta declared. She raised her shield to deflect her enemy's attack, and upon striking Krysta, the bandit would be killed by thorns damage...these foes were surprisingly weak. Despite it all, she wasn't going to just stand there and do nothing, she was not a Tank. The remaining Bandit Guard tried to aim away fro Krysta's shield, but he couldn't find a spot Krysta would move her arm to. "Move the shield, would you??" The Bandit Guard demanded. Honestly, it wasn't like Krysta knew any other way to have its thorns activate, even though the other attack actually hit Krysta.

ID# 185117 BD: 6+1-2=5(miss), MD: 7(hit)

ID# 185118 MD: 3+1=4(miss)

Thorns Damage: Bandit Guard 1 takes 36 Damage

Krysta: HP 699/700, EN 68/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 1: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 2: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

"No, I don't think I will." Krysta decided. "Besides, you may be spared if you'll just let me through." The Bandit Guard didn't trust her. "Here's the thing, girl, there's no such thing as trust in this world. Believe me, any of the others would cut me down if it got them something in return. So, no, I can't let you through." He explained. "So that is your decision, then. Well, suit yourself." Krysta remarked before activating her sword art again. Her opponent managed to block the attack with his spear, but his footing had become rather loose in the process. Krysta bumped her opponent with her shield, and the Bandit Guard fell on his back, and his weapon rolled away a few feet. He'd have to get up before he could do anything else. "Oh, for crying out loud..." The Bandit Guard groaned out. So far, this was turning out to be an...interesting issue.

ID# 185124 BD: 6+1-2=5(miss), CD: 11(Recovered an additional 2 EN), MD: 1(Critical fail)

Battle Healing: Krysta recovers 6 HP

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 69/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 2: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Krysta held her blade up to her enemy. "I shall give you one last chance. Surrender and leave now, or I will finish you off." She warned. The Bandit Guard rolled his eyes. "Did you not hear what I told you earlier? If you don't kill me, the others will. It doesn't matter what happens if I can't beat you, I'd be dead either way." He revealed. "Besides, I'd rather have your face be the last thing I see then my 'allies'." He admitted.

Krysta was conflicted, for she knew she would have to finish him off here, but having her on his mind during his final breath, well, that had its own complications now, didn't it? ...But then again, thoughts were only controlled by those who had them, it's not like Krysta personally had anything to do with it. Therefore, despite her reluctance, she attacked, and the Bandit's HP would drop to zero.

ID# 185125 BD: 8+1-2=7(hit), CD: 11(Recovered an additional 2 EN), MD: 2+1=3(miss)

Neutron: 12x5-20=40 DMG to Bandit Guard 2

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 69/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 2: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Krysta found a key on the ground, where one of the two Bandit guards had died. She picked up the key and unlocked the door she was initially trying to get through. The key shattered upon being used, and Krysta opened the door.

"Blast, wrong door."

She said this just before the grain supply within poured out over her and into the other room. She'd unwittingly opened the lower door to a supply silo. Why was it here, of all places? She got herself out of the seedy mess, shook herself off, and brushed herself off. There, now most of the grains were off of her. But why were these bandits stealing if they had all this grain, some of which they could have possibly grown? Krysta was puzzled over this matter, but it was time to move on, before the other Bandit Guards had a chance to find her.

ID# 185127 LD: 1

(OOC: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

[Until next Search: 1/3]

[Until next Fight: 1/3]

Edited by Krysta

She would leave this hall, for it was truly just a dead end. She looked to her left and to her right. The Right path would take her back the way she came, the other would bring her to the intersection where the two Bandit Guards she battled previously were. She might as well take that path, the other Bandit Guards were certain to be heading her way from the path that would have been backtracking further. Honestly, she was already growing tired of this place, it truly seemed to be a maze. Was this from poor construction or layout of their base, or was this intended as to keep any prisoners within from escaping, or even finding their way? She stopped at a cross intersection, there were three paths to take, and they all looked similar. Wonderful, this was just wonderful...now where would she go that didn't bring her adversaries closer?

[Until next Search: 2/3]

[Until next Fight: 2/3]

The paths all looked the same...there better not be mirrors at the ends of these! Which one of these paths seemed to be the closest to the exit? That was the question to focus on since they all looked the same...if there was an opening leading outside, like some small window, over in that T-intersection, then perhaps the one closest to it might potentially have the exit that Krysta had been searching for? She was then able to use process of elimination to select a path to follow, but it so figured that there were Bandit Guards following her now, and when she reached a room with another door, the door was...locked.

"Blast, locked again."

Another locked door, and two bandit guards were already on their way to reach Krysta. She drew her weapon, as they would be upon her soon.

I think we all know where this is going. Combat, obviously.

The Bandit Guards arrived in the room. "Now we've got ya." One of them chuckled. Krysta was unwilling to let them think they've won, or that they were even close. "If you even think you have won just because you have found me, think again." She responded. She then attempted to strike using the Sword Art known as Neutron. Unfortunately, these Bandit Guards were proving to be just as agile as those accursed Rain Minions, she just couldn't seem to actually strike them as much as she needed to. Perhaps she needed better accuracy? Whatever the case, she prepared herself to defend against her enemies' attacks...and they would prove to be less precise than Krysta. One of them would have their weapon deflected, while the other would be bumped by the first one staggering back, and would fall backward. This was...already getting old. Similar scenarios were happening for Krysta, but this time it was becoming absurdly more frequent.

ID# 185218 BD: 2+1-2=1(miss), MD: 2+1=3(miss)

ID# 185219 MD: 1(Critical fail)

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 68/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 3: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 4: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta