[SP-F3] Captured Again <<Escape>>

Krysta was honestly growing tired of this "miss, miss, miss" charade. It was time she stopped playing around. "I'm through playing around here, I've had more than enough of this. Neither of you are willing to surrender, are you?" 

The two Bandit Guards looked at each other. "Is it not obvious?" The first one asked. Krysta sighed. "Then may God have mercy on your souls." She declared, despite that these were NPC enemies who clearly lacked souls. She immediately attacked the first of the Two Bandit Guards, and he shattered upon the attack. The other Bandit Guard looked shocked at the one-shot Krysta had pulled, and attempted to attack Krysta. Sure, he managed to hit her, but once his weapon made contact, he suffered thorns damage and shattered.

Well, that both escalated and ended quickly.

Now Krysta needed to return to the task at hand, now that these two have been dealt with. Chances were, there would be more enemies on the way...

ID# 185229 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base Damage, Ailments inflicted), MD: 1(Critical fail)

ID# 185230 MD: 8+1=9(hit)

Neutron: 14x5-20=50 Damage to Bandit Guard 3

Thorns Damage: Bandit Guard 4 Takes 36 Damage

[Enemies defeated, search may now continue]

Krysta: HP 699/700, EN 64/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 3HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 4: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Another key dropped by the bandit guards. Time to use it on the locked door. She picked up the key, and walked over to the door. She unlocked it, and the key shattered. No turning back now. She opened the door...and it still was not the exit. Krysta was no longer in the best mood. Scratch that, she wasn't in the best mood since this whole thing started, now it was just worse. She was hoping to find the exit, but instead she opened the door to see a closet, of all things. She just wanted to find the door that led outside of this infernal place, was that really too much to ask? Was it like it was all up to chance? "There better be more keys, if they break upon usage....this is already getting old." She muttered. Honestly, a maze like this would be problematic for both captives and captors, at this rate.

ID# 185231 LD: 6(Failed)

(OOC: [Insert angry emote here])

[Until next search: 1/3]

[Until next fight: 1/3]

Edited by Krysta

Krysta may be searching for the exit, but if she was to find it, well, chances were, it may be locked like the other rooms she'd opened up. Each locked door would therefore be...a gamble. As much as she hated to admit it, it was indeed a gamble.

She would return to the cross intersection and take one of the other paths she hadn't tried yet. She made another turn there, and she would wonder if she was really going in the right direction at all. She saw a few cells, but there didn't seem to be much else. She searched down that hall carefully, but it seemed that there was nothing there but a dead end. Krysta sighed, aggravated, and she backtracked back over to the path she was originally taking. Surely there had to be more on this path than two dead ends.

There just had to be.

ID# 185256 LD: 15(Found a Treasure Chest) [roll voided due to quest rules declaring "permacombat". imo, it breaks all logic of the game]

[Until next search: 2/3]

[Until next fight: 2/3]

Edited by Krysta

This blasted maze surely was quite a mess indeed. The walls seemed to be made of cobblestone, as the floor of this structure was, and there was wood for its structure...she wondered what would happen if the wood was to be destroyed. Would the integrity of the building crumble? Krysta did not know, but she was unwilling to risk breaking the wood and being buried under rubble. It wasn't like she could damage wood, anyway, for she used a rapier, and not an axe. She reached yet another end, but there was indeed a door. She looked behind her, and, as anticipated, there were two Bandit Guards that had spotted her and were headed her way. Krysta stood firm, ready to face them for the key they might be carrying, as the door may be locked. A scenario as repetitive as this one would surely grow tiring fairly quickly, but it was more tedious than anything, in all honesty.

[Until next search: 3/3]

[Until next fight: 3/3]

Edited by Krysta

The two Bandit Guards approached Krysta. "Nowhere to go, girlie!" One of the two claimed. "Surely one of you has a key, correct? Hand it over and there shall be no need for me to harm you." Krysta responded. "I have already slain four of your allies, I highly suggest you surrender the key, if you wish to live." The two Bandit Guards looked to each other, and one of them pulled out a key. "What, this 'ol thing?" The Bandit Guard asked. "The only way you're getting this is by winning in combat, meaning, eh...." The other Bandit Guard would interrupt with, "You'll have to kill us for it!" all of a sudden. "Yeah! That!" The Bandit Guard who was originally speaking responded. Krysta sighed, and attacked the first one with the Sword Art known as neutron. Her target shattered, and the other Bandit Guard ceased his attack, staring at his fallen enemy. Krysta looked over to the remaining Bandit Guard. "You were saying?"

ID# 185292 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, Ailments inflicted), CD: 11(Recovered an additional 2 EN), MD: 7+1=8(hit)

ID# 185293 MD: 3+1=4(miss)

Neutron: 14x5-20=50 DMG to Bandit Guard 5

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 65/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 5HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 6: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

The Bandit Guard stood there in silence for a few seconds. "H-how did... did you just... in one hit, you just..." 

Krysta had an expression on her face which showed that she was not amused. "Yes, he's dead, no, this is not the first time this has happened. You will die next unless you surrender the key and leave. Now that you know what you are up against, you have a choice to make, so please choose wisely." She explained.

"Wisely." The bandit guard repeated. He raised his weapon. If Krysta had a free hand, she would be facepalming here at this very moment. The Bandit Guard then attacked Krysta, and he shattered upon contact. "I cannot believe you could be so...stupid." She remarked. Granted, these were NPCs, with limited AI function...but if they could be modified to be complex, couldn't they all at least have some ability to reason?

ID# 185295 BD: 3+1-2=2(miss), MD: 5+1=6(hit)

Thorns Damage: Bandit Guard 6 takes 36 Damage

Krysta: HP 699/700, EN 64/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 6: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Another key dropped, another door to unlock. She picked up the key, and unlocked the door. Just like with the other two times she had done so, the key shattered after it was used. She would open the door, and...figures, it still wasn't the exit. Nothing but barrels that reeked of some kind of oily substance. Maybe the contents of the barrels in that room? Clearly it was time to move on. Krysta found herself backtracking...again. She would walk this time around, and she had her weapon drawn again...because this had become a tedious process and she kind of hated it. She made her way back to the cross intersection, and she knew which one to take...the only one she hadn't taken. "This had better lead to the door I am searching for, I would hate to be repeating this process over and over for who knows how long..." She thought.

ID# 185303 LD: 3(failed)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta walked down the last remaining path of the intersection. She wondered if this place could simply be walked out of at all. It seemed like it was entirely up to chance otherwise...and that did not exactly sound right or logical in any way. All buildings have solid layouts, there was no way this complex could possibly keep her trapped forever, it was not like this was an actual, full sized labyrinth...was it? Now that Krysta was no longer running through the halls, she was able to pay more attention to detail. Perhaps one who had enough strength would be capable of destroying this whole complex, if it were weakened by the destruction of the wood. Perhaps this complex was old, and that was why the gate was so weak. She hadn't struck a single object that said it was an immortal object, but she hadn't tested it, either, for her weapon was better suited for piercing enemies.

For such a complex place, the bandits' base of operations seemed to be a surprisingly frail place. A blade could not destroy it very well, but perhaps a well-planned attack with the right tools and the right strength just might be able to pull it off. It would not be long before Krysta would find that this path had split into yet another T-intersection. Well, now she had to choose another path, but this time, there were two options. She decided to go left, and she would soon begin to hear footsteps coming her way. It was then at this moment that she quickened her pace, and by the time she found a door, she turned around to see two more Bandit Guards coming her way. Well, another door, probably locked. It was likely that one of these two foolish bandits had a key. Well, there was only one way to solve this problem, from what it seemed to be...

The Bandit Guards arrived where Krysta was. "We've got you cornered, now! So surrender or face the consequences!" The first of the two claimed. "Funny, I would have said similar words to you both." Krysta remarked, despite that she wasn't even smiling in this moment. "How so?" The second of the two asked. "I've killed six of you, do you want it to become eight?" She asked. The two looked to each other, then back to Krysta, then back to each other again. "Do you think she actually killed them?" The first asked the second. The second one shrugged. "I mean, she looks a bit tired. That gear of hers might mean business, but do you think she's wearing out?" The two stared at each other before taking up arms. Krysta rushed in to attack one, but this attack was dodged, and the first of the two bandit guards attacked Krysta, who blocked the second one's attack as the first one shattered.

ID# 185304 BD: 3+1-2=2(miss), CD: 8(Recovered an additional 2 EN), MD: 6+1=7(hit)

ID# 185305 MD: 2+1=3(miss)

Thorns Damage: Bandit Guard 7 takes 36 Damage

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 7: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 8: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

The second of the two Bandit Guards stared at where his ally just was. He then looked over to Krysta. "I might not know what to say about this, but if there's one thing I can guess...you aren't tired or worn out at all...physically. I wonder if the same effect will happen if you're uh, how do they say this...mentally tired?" He remarked. Krysta breathed in, and she breathed out. "It's just tedious at this point, that's all. Now let me go, give me the key, and you will live. Simple, right?" Krysta asked, holding her weapon up to the bandit guard, ready to strike at a moment's notice, and to show that she wasn't in the mood to fool around any further. The bandit guard raised his spear, only to use it to knock Krysta's weapon out of her hand. "Or I could just do that." He remarked. "You're right, it really was simple."

ID# 185309 BD: 1, MD: 2+1=3

Krysta: HP 699/700, EN 63/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 8: HP 30/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Disarmed again...that was getting old, too. Krysta held up her shield, ready to guard in case there was an attack before she grabbed her weapon. Surprisingly, she managed to grab her weapon before her opponent tried to attack. Krysta would swiftly unleash her sword art, neutron, against her opponent. She wasn't playing around, not this time. She was going to escape. "I told you...but you wouldn't listen." She said while shaking her head. Well, that was over, and there had better not be any more repetition of this whole charade. More Bandit Guards down, another key obtained, this was getting really old really fast. Chances were, this key was going to break upon usage as well. She slowly turned around to face where she was originally headed, before those bandit guards had shown up in the first place. "This had better be the exit door..." Krysta thought aloud, hoping she wouldn't need to endure any more of this.

ID# 185310 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG,ailments inflicted), CD: 8(Recovered an additional 2 EN), MD: 10(Critical! +2 DMG)

Neutron: 14x5-20=50 damage to Bandit Guard 8

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 61/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 8: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta

Krysta took the key, and unlocked the door. As usual, the key shattered upon being used... Krysta opened the door...and she groaned in quite a way that just might show all the mental pain and stress Krysta was under. Perhaps it matched my own pain, too. I mean, if whether or not a door led to the exit or not depended on a twenty-sided-die in which your chances were like, twenty percent or less, you would be mad too.

But anyway, it would seem this whole thing was going to continue. "This cannot be happening..." She muttered, close to tears at this rate. This door did not lead to the exit. In fact, it simply led to a particular room with...a stronger cell.

Well it was already time to leave, no need to stick around here!

"....Nope." She said before bolting away from the room, back towards the T-intersection. Left had already failed Krysta more than once, it was time she took the right paths!

ID# 185312 LD: 4(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta went on straight through over from the left path to the right path, hopefully this one would do the trick. She already knew a fair amount about this complex and its weaknesses, but such intelligence could not assist Krysta here, she lacked the physical strength to break out in such a way. She knew that this was some kind of maze, but she could no longer tell if it was on purpose as to keep captives from escaping and/or to keep infiltrators from finding their way, or if it was simply poor planning. Whatever the case, it had Krysta stuck in some kind of loop.

Some kind of loop...

This certainly was no time loop, but what kind of loop would it be, then? What could Krysta possibly do differently in this repeating scenario? Surely there had to be a method, but there only seemed to be the maze, the locked doors, the bandit guards and the keys...

Edited by Krysta

Krysta continued along the path. She began to walk again, and this maze of corridors didn't seem to change very much. Patrolling and seeking out intruders must be difficult and tiring in a place like this. how many more bandits remained, even? There didn't seem to be many around, but that was possibly just in here...or perhaps they were all trying to follow Krysta's steps, only some managing to find her faster than the others? They did seem to come in waves of two, now that she thought about it. She would soon reach two rooms, one with a door, the other without. Did the one with the door lead out of the complex? There would be only one way to find out. Just in case, she tried to open the door. It did not budge. "Yep, locked." She sighed.

She would walk outside of the room, and as if on cue, two bandit Guards in pursuit would arrive.

Edited by Krysta

The two Bandit Guards had only just approached Krysta, and they would hear from her, "...Let's just get straight to the point and get this over with." She said before activating her sword art and killing one of the two bandit guards. The other bandit guard seemed to be a bit hesitant. "Clearly...you've had more than enough of us...but definitely not enough to stop you. ...screw it, I'm pretty much dead anyway, I'm better off dying while trying than dying as a coward." He remarked. He raised his spear, but when he thrust his spear at Krysta, he shattered upon contact. Another duo of Bandit Guards gone, another key dropped. "This...was...actually, the fastest I've ever dispatched a duo of them. This shield has carried me far in my battles against them, and it is even more helpful the more accurate my foes are...but I may need something else someday. For now, I am content with my gear serving their purposes." Krysta remarked.

ID# 185314 BD: 7+1-2=6(hit), MD: 6+1=7(hit)

ID# 185315 MD: 6+1=7(hit)

Neutron: 12x5-20=40 damage to Bandit Guard 9

Thorns Damage: Bandit Guard 10 takes 36 Damage

Krysta: HP 699/700, EN 59/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 6 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Bandit Guard 9: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Bandit Guard 10: HP 0/30, 30 DMG | 20 MIT | 1 ACC | 2 EVA

Edited by Krysta