[SP-F4] Raven of Wrath

This floor...it was more than simply a land of endless winter. Many conflicts between players happened here in this floor. Dazia decided she was going to find out what exactly was going on. "Why here, of all places..." She thought out loud. The Town of Snowfrost wasn't like the harsh wilds of the floor. Blizzards were rare here, it seemed. She looked over to her left, then to her right. It was high time that she get herself an informant she could trust. There were two possibilities she knew of who were at this one tavern near the edge of the settlement, so that's where she was headed. There, she would seek out two leads for this mystery, and potentially figure out who her informant would be. Quite a few players have been getting ahead of her, or even outright trying to track her down, due to having informants. This time, she would get herself an advantage in intelligence.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  30
HP:  620(Base[600], Athletics[20])
EN:  60
DMG:  12(One Handed Rapier Rank 5[+5], Shadowdance[+4], Athletics[+1], Rapier Ferocity[+1])

MIT: 48(Raven Shade, Light Armor rank 3)

ACC: 2(Shadowdance, Corvid's Eye)

EVA: 2(Raven Shade, Corvid's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Shadowdance(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

[T2]Raven Shade(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

[Tierless]Corvid's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA)

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 3(+12 Mitigation)

Mods:

Athletics(+20 HP, +1 DMG)

Rapier Ferocity(+1 Base Damage when using Rapier)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazia would wander the town until she found the place she was looking for, The Frozen Owl's Perch. She would enter the tavern, and would look for the table she was supposed to meet one of the potential informants at. Upon finding it, she would find...two players, neither of who were the player Dazia was looking for, but both of whom Dazia recognized. "Hiraani...Yinangi...what are you both doing here?" She asked. Valna shrugged. "Got some information out of him, turns out he was a spy for your enemies. He's trapped in a snow mound now, right outside, in case you're wondering." She noted with a smirk. Dazia facepalmed. "Guess that means I'm already going to the other one, then...unless..." 

"Don't worry, Dazia, Seline's cool. We had a nice chat with her." Yinangi reassured. "She's really smart."

Well, it looked like the answer had already been made for her, so... "...Thanks, I guess..." Dazia said with a half smile.

Valna:

Spoiler

Valna2_0I2.jpg.0fec5c5e5925a97161dbbfa3d63d3529.jpg

Edited by Dazia

Yinangi smiled. "No problem!"

Valna nodded, silently agreeing with Yinangi. Dazia would then leave that table, to seek out the other one. There were a fair number of cloaked individuals around this tavern, but it was admitted to her as preparation for contact began, that this other informant would be a challenge to find.

The only clue was a phrase of sorts. "Birds of all fathers flock back to the nest". She looked around, it was difficult to see where anything linked to such a phrase would see...within this room. Maybe that was it, as plenty of taverns in this game had inns as well...Dazia's eyes turned towards the staircase that most likely led to the second story, where the rooms were. She made her way up, then looked around the hall. On one of the doors was some kind of decoration, defined by many feathers. "So one would need more than just half a brain to figure this one out..." Dazia remarked under her breath.

Weeding out the weak, what a way to do it. Informants often traded intelligence to anyone, no matter how dumb, but this one seemed to be more...selective. Dazia knocked on the door, and there seemed to be a sequence of chimes being rang, as if someone had made wind chimes into a playable instrument. Was this a signal to enter? Dazia opened the door, and saw someone there. A female, with her head caught up in some notes, by the looks of it. She held a book in one hand, and her other hand had just placed down a stick. Near the newly free hand seemed to be a set of wind chimes, deliberately arranged to be played by something other than wind. This woman did not seem to fully acknowledge Dazia, so perhaps she was waiting for something...

"Birds of all feathers flock back to the nest." Dazia said.

The woman smiled. "Long have I waited to hear that phrase again..." She said before finally looking over to Dazia and putting her book down. She looked Dazia up and down, as if analyzing her silently. After some silence, she spoke again. "You don't seem to be those who I was originally seeking out, but you'll do just fine. You're here for intelligence, aren't you? You've passed what was meant to filter out everyone else, so you now have my attention. What is it you need to know?"

The Informant:

Spoiler

38-kousaka-reina-anime-screenshot.jpg.20e876c1a202d6583bdf0ef282c00346.jpg

Time to ask. "I'm looking for the location of this floor said to be where most of the conflict between players is said to take place, I intend to investigate it and find out why." Dazia said, answering the woman's question. 

"Ah, I see...you are not the first to question the nature of this floor, and it is unlikely that you will be the last. There are multiple locations on the floor that might answer your question...but beware of the glacial depths, not only has combat ensued there, but there had been a disappearance there. One who had spoken to me about that which you are investigating traveled there, but never returned. Her name still remains untouched on the monument, but no one has seen her for a long time..." The woman explained. "Are you willing to introduce yourself, though? I am Seline."

Dazia was reluctant to answer, but if she was to be her informant, an exchange of names would be necessary. "My username is Dazia." She answered.

"So, these 'glacial depths'...I assume they are located in the cove?" Dazia asked. "Indeed. Many powerful enemies lurk within, but those who are above level twenty shouldn't have very much trouble delving in." Seline answered. "I won't stop you from going there, but if you happen to see a player named Ithena, please, at least let me know, she was a former guildmate of mine before she disappeared..."

Dazia thought for a moment. Most informants take payments, so perhaps she could turn it into a favor...if this Ithena wasn't an issue to deal with. Chances were, having survived this long in a monster infested area would be quite a feat, and she wasn't dealing with a fool if she were to try and rescue this player. "I'll keep an eye out for this player if I go there." Dazia decided. With that, Dazia now had enough to go about her goal, as she was handed a slip of paper that was essentially a miniature, hand drawn map of the fourth floor, showing the locations of reported conflict.

Dazia would leave the tavern, it was now daylight, despite the fact that most of the floor seemed to be in an overcast. Valna and Yinangi followed after. "So, what's the plan?" Yinangi asked.

Dazia looked over to the young white haired player. "This is a dangerous task, it involves investigating known locations of the floor where there was strife between players. I'm trying to find out why it's almost always this floor." She explained. She pulled out the small map, and let Yinangi and Valna take a look at it. "How about we split up to cover more ground?" Yinangi suggested. "That's a terrible idea, this floor is dangerous enough as it is. Besides, you'd need to be level twenty and not taking any quests to have a chance of holding your own out there against the toughest monsters." Dazia quickly responded. "She's level nineteen, so she's pretty close. If you're still that concerned, I can help her out a little longer, still able to cover some ground for you." Valna reassured.

Dazia was not convinced. "I know you've got a cloak on, but seriously, you'd need extensive fortitude against this freezing environment if you're to avoid taking damage from hypothermia wearing something like...that." She remarked. "Oh, come on, what's wrong with looking hot? I've got the survival skill, I'll be fine." Valna noted. "You have a child with you, Hiraani." Dazia countered. "Touche." Came Valna's response.

Yinangi did not look amused. "I'm not eight, nine or even ten, Dazia." She noted. "I was twelve when this game began. I might still look like I'm twelve, and have the physical traits of a twelve year old, but I'm not exactly twelve anymore." She said with her arms crossed.

Dazia facepalmed and sighed. "But I'm pretty sure you're still too young and innocent for-"

"You know that she's gonna know about it someday, Violet." Valna interrupted. "Why do you want her to not know?"

Edited by Dazia

Yinangi was already tired of this. "Mom talked to me a few months before she died."

Silence, accompanied by both Dazia and Valna just staring wide-eyed. "She apparently had been unwilling to tell me until I was much older, but since she acknowledged she might die, she told me anyway on the off chance that she didn't make it to tell me and I lived." Yinangi added. "It took adversity to get her to tell you at the right time?" Valna asked. "Smart woman, considering about the future..." Dazia remarked. Despite these comments, Dazia and Valna still had very surprised expressions on their faces.

Valna's surprise transitioned into a comfortable smirk. "...So...she's had the talk after all...so that means I'm free to talk about-"

"Absolutely not." Dazia interrupted. "Now let's not get off track, I have to do some investigation, if you'll excuse me..."

Dazia left the two players, and began walking toward the first area she would be heading over to investigate.

She had only started on this whole trip, and already she wasn't in the best mood. Valna was the kind of person who usually meant well, but her...thirst could get ahead of her...way too often. Dazia shook her head. "It's not like she's gonna change, anyway. No one ever listens to the youngest..." She thought aloud.

She checked the minimap she had on the slip of paper, and compared that to her actual map, marking potential spots or areas. She soon planned a route and she would be on her way to the first spot again. It wasn't long before she came across a snowy clearing in the floor's forests. "Looks like this is one of them..." She decided. She began to look around, wondering exactly why this place was the site of conflict. It was a clearing, so it wasn't very strategic unless there were particular reasons why... The fact that Dazia was currently coming up empty as to a potential answer did nothing good for her mood, but her mood didn't worsen, either.

Dazia soon saw someone approaching the area. It was a player. Dazia kept her left hand on the hilt of her sheathed weapon, just in case.

This player began to look around the area, and soon spotted Dazia. It wasn't like she was hiding, after all. The player noticed that Dazia seemed to be wary, ready to fight at a moment's notice. "Oh, it's alright, I don't bite." The player said as an attempt to reassure Dazia. "You say that, but all it takes is for a player to turn around and the next thing they know, they've been stabbed in the back." Dazia countered. The player smiled. "I'm not going to fight you...unless you want to. I only came here to see why people fought around here, but I'm always up for a spar." She noted.

Dazia was not convinced just yet, but the player was coming closer anyway. "I'd keep my distance if I were you." Dazia warned.

The NPC Player:

Spoiler

pink-hair-anime-girl-14.thumb.jpg.b67cc2d7356d6faf3d96cd44b3440e8e.jpg

The NPC Player had a sympathetic expression on her face. "You must have gone through a lot. You have nothing to worry about! I'm Koharu, nice to-"

Dazia had to stop this chick right here. "Did you just tell me your name? As in, your real name?" She inquired. Koharu chuckled. "Oh, no, it's just a username, I felt like using a character name...I get this a lot, it's not unusual." She explained. "So, may I ask what your username is?" Dazia hesitated, due to the rumors. "I go by Dazia... My only intention in this game is to survive, by any means necessary." Koharu looked Dazia up and down. "Maybe that explains why people who haven't met you already see you in a suspicious light. Some say you're cruel, some say you're just troubled...but there are few who say that a fire burns in you." She remarked. "But it's hard to expect such a personality like what the rumors suggest from such a cute little thing!"

Snap.

"...What did you just say?" Dazia asked, the growl in her tone being a warning.

Koharu really wasn't expecting that, judging by her expression. "I mean, despite the apparel you wear, you look kind of cute. Oh, wait, maybe it's because you're small..." She noted.

Little embers formed in Dazia's eyes. "Don't." She warned softly. Koharu giggled. "It's hard to not notice, though. I can understand if you'd rather be taller, but why not embrace who and what you are?" She said reassuringly. Dazia was trying so hard not to get upset over this. "Like that would be easy for someone like me." Dazia remarked. "Do you need to blow off some steam? You look irritated." Koharu asked. "Well, gee, I wonder why..." Dazia remarked sarcastically. "Well then it's settled, how about a half-loss duel? I haven't fought many players, so this could be interesting, maybe even fun!" Koharu suggested. "Which of us should send the request?"

Dazia wasn't sure what to think. "You...want to fight me...because you think it'll be fun?" She asked, kind of confused. "You send it, I don't trust you very much yet."

Koharu chuckled. "Understandable, I'll send it." She agreed with a wink. Dazia wasn't too sure about this... "Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little practice, but I prefer to 'blow off steam' fighting actual enemies who aren't going to live to tell the tale..." She noted. Koharu sent the duel challenge anyway.

Dazia looked at the challenge in front of her. She accepted it, and set the victory conditions to half-loss. Hopefully she wasn't going in over her head on this one. The floor was dangerous, and if she was to lose another duel, someone might attack her while she was weakened...but she'd already accepted the challenge, there was no going back. Hopefully she wasn't weaker than Koharu, that would be devastating, like the battle against Princess all that time ago, on this very floor. She really didn't want her HP to go into the red again, and she didn't have a healer to save her ass this time...

-Koharu has challenged Dazia to a Duel!

-Dazia has accepted the duel, and set victory condition to Half-Loss

Koharu's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  30
HP:  620(Base[600], Athletics[20]
EN:  60
DMG:  12(Katana Rank 5[7], Gleaming Star[2] Katana Ferocity[1], Athletics[1])

MIT: 30(Dawn's Light[18], Light Armor Rank 3[12])

Equipment:

[T2]Gleaming Star(1 DMG, 2 ACC)

[T2]Dawn's Light(1 MIT, 2 EVA)

[T2]Sakura Charm(2 REC, 1 LD)

Spring Kimono(Vanity Clothing)

Skills:

Katana Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 3

Mods:

Katana Ferocity

Athletics

Dazia took position, and began to analyze her opponent silently. Koharu also took position, and drew her weapon, a Katana that gleamed in the light. Oh, brother...

"This could be a difficult battle. Her appearance suggests that she specializes in speed and damage. She may prove to be an absolute nuisance in terms of my aim, so timing and prediction are likely to come in handy here... So, she wants to play Samurai with that gear? No sign of heavier armor, and a Kimono...definitely evasion-based defenses. Pairing good aim with that Katana would make her a dangerous opponent, I'll have to think fast, be precise, and strike hard if I am to win this." Dazia thought. She tended to strategize less and focus on pain when she gave in to her fury during battle, so she would have to hold off on her anger and find no reason to unleash her hatred as long as she could.

(Dazia)ID# 185395 LD: 7

(Koharu)ID# 185396 LD: 11

-Koharu has won the initiative roll, and will be going first.

Edited by Dazia

Once the duel began, Koharu attacked immediately. Dazia wasn't fast enough to dodge this one in time. Her opponent unleashed a flurry of rapid slashes upon her, finishing with a vertical swing that topped it all off. Dazia was sent flying to the trees upon that last hit. She looked at her HP, it had taken a fair beating, but it wasn't even halfway to yellow just yet. "Impressive, right? San Ge, the most powerful I've got. I personally feel like it makes a good first impression." Koharu remarked.

Dazia got up, and was ready to make her opponent pay. "Well then...you sure aren't f***ing around here, so if it's a fight you want...It's a fight you'll get."

Dazia opened her eyes, and chased after her target. From the expression that struck Koharu, it would seem that she'd became aware of what she was dealing with. She moved swiftly, but Dazia found a pattern in Koharu's movements and exploited it, striking where she would be, rather than trying to follow her to no result. She might not have left as much damage as she was hoping, but this would do for now.

(Koharu)ID# 185398 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

(Dazia)ID# 185400 BD: 6+2-2=6(hit)

San Ge: 13x15-48=147 Damage Taken

Over Radiation: 12x14-30=138 Damage to Koharu

[Turns left: 14]

Dazia: HP 473/620EN 47/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (147/310 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Koharu: HP 482/620EN 45/60 | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 REC | 1 LD (138/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia

To say that things went smoothly from here would actually be a lie.

Constant dodging was how it started. Now that each player knew what they were up against, they were doing everything they could to avoid being hit. Koharu's movements were no longer predictable, and Dazia was having trouble trying to both aim and keep herself moving at the same time. This went on for a bit of time, then both players rushed in to attack. At the speeds they were going, it was all up to who struck first, as either attack, should they land, would interrupt the opponent's attack. Dazia and Koharu charged up their Sword Arts, and then it happened.

Dazia was sent flying into a tree by Koharu's San Ge attack.

"This is worse than I imagined..." Dazia groaned under her breath. Exactly how was this woman stronger than her? They seemed to be equals, so what was the issue here? The situation was dire now, any swing of Koharu's blade would end this duel in defeat.

(Koharu)ID# 185401 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG), CD: 11(Recovered an additional 4 EN)

(Dazia)ID# 185402 BD: 3+2-2=3(miss)

San Ge: 14x15-48=162 Damage Taken

[Turns left: 13]

Dazia: HP 311/620EN 46/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (309/310 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Koharu: HP 482/620EN 35/60 | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 REC | 1 LD (138/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia had only just gotten up, and the next thing she saw was Koharu's blade. Dazia staggered from the attack and fell into the snow, defeated.

"Whew, that was quite thrilling! You were faster than I expected, it was fun." Koharu claimed. "Damn you..." Dazia muttered weakly, her words muffled by the snow. She slowly got up, feeling slightly dazed. "I'm pretty sure you only had 'fun' because you won." She remarked as she pulled herself together. Koharu looked at Dazia sympathetically. "You don't duel for fun or practice very often, do you?" She asked empathetically. Dazia was silent for about fifteen seconds. "...Every duel I've ever been in...was an actual battle. I fought for my life, I fought for someone else's life, I fought for the rights to a quest exclusive item...I've never really sparred for practice or pleasure at all, now that I think about it." Dazia admitted.

(Koharu)ID# 185407 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG), CD: 9(Recovered an additional 4 EN)

(Dazia)ID#

Basic Attack: 14-48=1 Finishing Damage Taken

[Duel Ended!]

Dazia: HP 310/620EN 47/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (310/310 HP Depleted) DEFEAT

Opponent:

Koharu: HP 482/620EN 35/60 | 12 DMG | 30 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 4 REC | 1 LD (138/310 HP Depleted) VICTORY

Edited by Dazia

Koharu looked concerned. "That sounds terrible...it must be hard for you." She responded. "Damn right it is. What makes it even worse is that after I fought for my life against another player for the first time, little Princess came around and she's been doing everything she could to try and have me killed...she's tried to kill me herself once or twice, actually." Dazia added. Koharu looked carefully at Dazia. "Well, everyone has their reasons for doing things, even if those reasons lead them astray..." She noted. "She's got a reason, all right...but it's really just a vendetta." Dazia revealed.

"Well...would you like to add some fun practice into the mix? I know I won by speed, but you were still a pretty good opponent. What's your level, by the way? Mine's thirty." Koharu offered. Dazia hesitated, but Koharu had already shared. "Mine's thirty as well...why do you ask?" Dazia questioned.

[Recovered 20 HP and 1 EN]

Dazia: HP 330/620EN 48/60

Edited by Dazia

Koharu's eyes lit up. "Wait, we're equals? So it all boils down to skill, then! Well, in that case...how do you feel about us being rivals? We can push each other to greater heights in friendly competition to be better than the other! Well Dazia, what do you say?" She offered. Dazia was reluctant to answer. Sure, she was all for growing stronger in non-lethal combat and competition, but...she just got her ass kicked by this random pink chick, and now she's asking for a rivalry? "Us...rivals...you're kidding, right?" Dazia remarked. "She could be a real help or a real nuisance later on, I'm not so sure about this woman... She is a fast and dangerous opponent, It could give me chances to improve...but that will mean frequent contact with her, and if she knows someone who's plotting against me, she could prove even more troublesome...I'll need to think about this carefully." She thought.

What will Dazia do?

-Accept the Rivalry

-Flee

[Recovered 20 HP and 1 EN]

Dazia: HP 350/620EN 49/60

Edited by Dazia