[SP-F4] Raven of Wrath

Dazia got up, with some difficulty due to the ice, and saw Arnemis charging at her. She rolled to the side, but slid on the ice. She was prepared for so many different combat scenarios, but as it would seem, she was unable to fight very well in these sunlit ice caves. New terrain means new strategy, and that was always something to consider. "I will show what lurks deep within me, do you have such feeling?" Arnemis called out, just before striking Dazia the moment she'd gotten up, sending her sliding on the ice after some more freezing velocity in the air.

"Oddly enough, I think you're just trying to act like you're tough...you haven't seen what can fester and boil within one's soul..." Dazia remarked once she got up again. Then would come the clashing of blades. Dazia might not have been the best at deflecting large axes with a rapier, but she at least knew the better areas to strike if she was to try and parry(no, not the skill parry) her opponent's attacks.

(Arnemis)ID# 185586 BD: 10(Critical! +2 Base DMG)

(Dazia)ID# 185587 BD: 2+2-1=3(miss)

Explode Catapult: 14x14-48=148 Damage Taken

[Turns left: 12]

Dazia: HP 324/620EN 56/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (296/310 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Arnemis: HP 620/620EN 28/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Fallen (0/310 HP Depleted)

Edited by Dazia
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazia needed to find the right moment to unleash her anger, but if she acted too soon or recklessly, this fight would end worse than expected. She was also having trouble fighting in this slick terrain, which she was never prepared for. Koharu was swift and difficult to predict or aim at, but this opponent, Arnemis, seemed to have some sort of raw strength and power, not to mention the dexterity to easily handle her large weapon. Dazia leaped back, needing a different strategy. She was slipping on this accursed ice, and she couldn't last much longer in the fight like this. Maybe if she ever saw this player again after some time, she should demand a rematch and prove herself as the better fighter. Nevertheless, her opponent came charging at her, and with a spinning attack that struck Dazia three times, and struck her with a dark energy of sorts, it was over.

Dazia had lost...again.

(Arnemis)ID# 185588 BD: 7+2-2=7(Hit, Fallen Activates!)

(Dazia)ID#

Crimson Blood: 12+4x6-48=48 Finishing Damage Taken

[Duel Ended!]

Dazia: HP 276/620EN 57/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA (334/310 HP Depleted) DEFEAT

Opponent:

Arnemis: HP 620/620EN 23/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 4 REC | 1 Fallen (0/310 HP Depleted) VICTORY

Edited by Dazia

This was just getting ridiculous...to have lost again like this, and even worse than the last time. Arnemis stared at Dazia for a few seconds. "Pathetic." the young woman remarked. Dazia, irritated, scowled and said, "You haven't seen what I can do, the ice was just unfamiliar terrain. I'll show you one day...no matter how long it takes..." Arnemis took a deep breath, then looked around her and claimed, "I doubt that we'll be in any terrain other than this one, unless we both have teleport crystals...You might have done poorly in that battle, but maybe another time we could see about that so-called skill of yours..." 

Dazia did have a teleport crystal, though she didn't know if this would be the best time to use it. There was a missing person case, after all, and she did not want to just leave before the time window for her original goal could be accomplished would close...

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 16]

Dazia began to consider her options,then she received a message from Koharu.

To: Dazia

Subject: Are you okay?

Hey, just wanted to check in and make sure you were ok! Have you found a way back up? Where you slid down looks to slippery to climb up, so let me know if you can't find any other way out, I'll see if I have anything in my inventory that might help you climb back up the way you fell!

-Koharu

Well, with that, Dazia would need to investigate the area for a way out. "Might as well." She thought aloud. Arnemis would find that instead of teleporting away, Dazia would begin to walk throughout the other corridors. "So I take it you don't have a teleport crystal, then?" Arnemis assumed. "Oh no, I've got a teleport crystal all right, but I'm trying to see whether or not there's a way back up somewhere in this depth." Dazia explained. 

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 15]

Arnemis shrugged. "Enjoy the disappointment while you can, then. There is no other way out, all that connects here is one-way due to the slick ice. Believe me, I've tried." She remarked. Dazia didn't believe her. "Stop trying to think you can fool me. I won't believe it until I see the evidence with my own eyes." She responded. With that, Dazia ran towards one of the other round ice corridors, determined to prove the woman wrong. Arnemis shook her head at what she's seen and heard. "What a sore loss she experienced. Maybe she's just mad that she lost. She sure seemed to be as she came up with an excuse." She thought aloud.

Dazia entered one cavern room which was a bit darker than the others...either that, or it was starting to reach the end of the day. Had all that time passed quickly, or was Dazia simply delving deeper into the floor itself and away from sunlight?

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 14]

Dazia would wander throughout these small ice rooms, and eventually, she found one corridor that was blocked off by what seemed to be some kind of ice statues upon close inspection. Arnemis walked into the vicinity. "What are you staring at the ice for? It's just jagged, like the rest of the walls in this particular room of the depths." She asked. Dazia spoke after a short silence. "They're statues...the jagged walls might be hiding something. Maybe there is a way out after all." She responded. She drew her weapon just in case, and she touched one of the statues. Color was definitely a factor in this, as it all seemed to be made of ice. Suddenly, Color flashed in the eyes of the ice statues, and red cursors appeared above them.

Figures, they were monsters.

Dazia leaped back, and Arnemis jumped in front, her weapon at the ready. "You've recently lost a duel, fighting now wouldn't be the best of ideas. I'll handle this, you rest up." She called out.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 13]

Edited by Dazia

Dazia watched as Arnemis Charged up her strongest Area of Effect Sword Art, Explode Catapult, and devastated her enemies. One of the three statues was destroyed, due to the fallen energy on Arnemis's weapon. The other two were severely damaged and would not last another hit. Maybe there wasn't that much suspicion on Arnemis after all. The next issue, though, was...well, there might have been a chance that Ithena was around here somewhere, trapped without a way back up...but that theory could only hold true if Arnemis's words turned out to be true even through this corridor...which was being puppy guarded by these sentient ice statues. They seemed to be strongest standard, otherwise they wouldn't be capable of barely surviving Arnemis's attacks. Arnemis would then unleash Trample Act to finish off these three enemies. Well, it was safe to pass now. "Let me guess, you're interested in seeing where that goes now that you know it's a path and not a dead end?" Dazia asked.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 12]

"Yes. I'm strong enough not to worry about enemies here, so I can investigate further. You, on the other hand, are still recovering, and you shouldn't go alone for some time if you intend to remain outside the safe zone. Are you even ready to fight a single monster in this area?" Arnemis answered, and counter questioned. "I'll prove myself against a monster if I have to. My level's thirty, so it shouldn't be too hard." Dazia claimed. "So in level, we were matched, then. Skill, however, is another matter. New terrain or no, you clearly haven't proven yourself to be a better fighter as of yet." Arnemis remarked. Dazia felt like she was being mocked, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the times when others pointed out how small she was. It made her feel weak, and it wasn't even her fault. She never asked to be short, and everyone thought that tall was better...

ID# 185698 LD: 12(Nothing found)

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 11]

Edited by Dazia

Dazia crossed her arms as she huffed. "You're close. New terrain isn't always an issue, but when its aggravating like this...no, skill had nothing to do with it, the ice compromised most of my strategies, and I couldn't come up with a way around it fast enough. You're a swifter opponent than I anticipated. More dexterous than I believed you were, too." She claimed. Arnemis seemed to receive mixed feelings from Dazia's words. "So you admit to your opponent's strengths, despite still being a sore loser and blaming the environment, and the environment alone for your failure? You don't live with it very well, do you? ...Granted, I'm not the best loser myself, and there are sore losers much worse than you..."

Dazia took a deep breath. "Is that supposed to make me feel better? Why don't we just get moving so we can get the hell out of here."

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 10]

The two players would enter the previously blocked off area, and this time, it was easier to see the ice monsters blocking the next ice corridor. There were four of them, and their cursors turned red. Once they advanced, a fifth, heftier looking one came out of the corridor, and took position behind the other four. These living ice statues were becoming a real pain. Dazia rushed in, slid between two of the four typical ice statues, and readied herself to attack the stronger looking one. "Dazia, what are you doing??" Arnemis called out. "I'm going to prove my strength, by sending their best over to the depths of hell!" Dazia answered, releasing her hatred. She might not have been fully used to the ice just yet, but she would manage soon. The Ice Sentinel she was fighting wasn't the best at aiming for Dazia, as she dodged his attack fairly easily.

[Combat initiated, HP Recovery stalled]

ID# 185699 BD: 2+2=4(miss), MD: 5-2=3(miss)

Dazia: HP 416/620EN 58/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

Ice Sentinel: HP 200/200, 60 DMG, 30 MIT

Edited by Dazia

So it seemed that neither of the two combatants during this fight were doing very well against the other...because it would seem that all they could do was dodge or block the other's attacks, not really succeeding in much else. The Ice Sentinel had yet to fight a player like Dazia, and Dazia still wasn't used to this slippery terrain. Maybe there was a reason this place was among the toughest areas of the floor. At least she wouldn't need to go through this shit in the next and final planned destination, the Peak. For now, she just had to keep avoiding attacks, and be able to handle this adversity...while Arnemis would begin combat with the four weaker Ice Statues.

"Just because I haven't hit you yet doesn't mean I won't...mark my words, I will destroy you." Dazia said to the Ice Sentinel with a growling tone dripping with seething anger.

ID# 185700 BD: 2+2=4(Miss), MD: 2-2=1(miss)

Dazia: HP 416/620EN 57/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

Ice Sentinel: HP 200/200, 60 DMG, 30 MIT

Edited by Dazia

It was a clash of metal and ice, The Ice Sentinels began to fall, one by one. Arnemis managed to destroy two of them in one area of effect attack, the other two barely survived. They wouldn't last much longer... Meanwhile, Dazia finally managed to find a way to keep a good foothold on this ice, and she struck the Ice Sentinel she was fighting with her strongest sword art, Over Radiation, and the attack had enough force to get her target to stagger. One more attack should do the trick here, she just had to figure out her next move...and quickly. "That was just the beginning..." Dazia remarked. She was pleased to know she'd managed to get over this issue. She had been missing everything in combat for the past hour or so, and she wasn't having the best of days. It was good to see a change in pace for once.

ID# 185701 BD: 8+2=10(hit), MD: 4-2=2(miss)

Over Radiation: 12x14-30=138 Damage to Ice Sentinel

Dazia: HP 416/620EN 45/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

Ice Sentinel: HP 62/200, 60 DMG, 30 MIT

Edited by Dazia

The Ice Sentinels were destroyed sooner than first anticipated. Arnemis finished off the other two she was facing, and it was then that Dazia attacked again and utterly destroyed her target. The Ice Sentinel fell into pieces and fragments before shattering. Dazia took a deep breath, then another. Arnemis stowed away her weapon. "You...handled that one better than I expected. Most of my opponents are pitiful even against monsters like these...perhaps it was unfamiliar terrain that affected you after all...maybe later we can have another duel and see where your strength lies." She remarked. "Yeah...we'll see..." Dazia added. The silence that followed this moment stated one thing...an inevitable rivalry, as each of them wanted to prove themselves better than the other. At any rate, the battle was over. Dazia sheathed her blade, and now another ice corridor was unblocked. The way out would just have to be through it, right?

ID# 185704 BD: 6+2=8(hit), MD: 4-2=2(miss)

Over Radiation: 12x14-30=138 Damage to Ice Sentinel

Dazia: HP 416/620EN 33/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

Ice Sentinel: HP 0/200, 60 DMG, 30 MIT

Edited by Dazia

Dazia and Arnemis no longer carried too much suspicion on one another, so they took this route at the same time. They would find nothing but a dead end...with a small indent sloped downward and what looked like a staff connecting the slope's ice surface, the slippery floor and its ceiling. At the bottom seemed to be a collapsed figure... Dazia's eyes widened at the realization. "Grab the staff when I toss it up to you, hold it out so I can pull that one up with me. The slope is short, I might be able to cover the distance." She decided before sliding down the short slope. Dazia grabbed the staff as she slid down, using momentum to pull it out as she was sliding down. Turns out, the staff was actually a two handed spear. When Dazia reached the bottom, she tossed the weapon up to Arnemis, who would grab it, then position it for Dazia to grab hold of. 

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 9]

Dazia would attempt to lift this collapsed person, who was a player, due to the green cursor floating above their head. It would be difficult, and Dazia was unable to completely carry this player. She was able to drag her over to the spear, and grab onto the weapon while still holding onto said player. "Pull!" Dazia called out. Arnemis would have some difficulty pulling it off, but the physical strength she gained from using such a heavy weapon helped her to pull through this. Dazia and the collapsed player were pulled out of the slope, and the two players decided to carry the unconscious one to one of the rooms.

Dazia pulled out a glass jar filled with water, and tried to give this player what she probably needed. "Wake up, are you alright?" Arnemis asked. The player was stirring now, and she was likely to wake up soon.

70 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 8]

The Rescued NPC Player:

Spoiler

1357030-bigthumbnail.jpg.693fed14c365a5393aeae3b1e8c586db.jpg

The player opened her eyes. "Who...are you two?" She asked. "I am Arnemis. It was the actions of This player here, Dazia, that led to you being rescued from that slope, where we found you unconscious." Arnemis explained. The awakened player then looked at Dazia. "Thank you, Dazia, for helping me out of there...those monsters were getting to be major pain. I go by Ithena, and I-"

"Ithena?" Dazia reacted. "So you're the missing player... Seline has been worried about you since you haven't returned." She told the player. "...But we're all trapped here, there's no way out. I used my last Corridor Crystal To help someone else, but the monsters prevented my getaway. I'm more of a supporter and a strategist than a fighter as of the moment..." Ithena explained.

"Not exactly." Dazia reassured. "There was someone next to me when I stumbled in here. She has a spare teleport crystal, so if we can't get out through any other means, she can slide the spare down for you, and we can use our crystals to escape."

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 7]

Dazia pulled up her messenger, so she could let Koharu know about the situation.

To: Koharu

Subject: Rescue

I haven't found a way back up. Do you have any other methods? I've also found the missing player, as well as another who had recently slipped down here.

-Dazia

Dazia would wait for a short moment, and she would receive a reply.

To: Dazia

Subject: Rescue

I managed to peg a long cloth string(you know, one of those ropes of cloths tied together?) down on the ice in front of where you slipped down. Is it long enough to reach you? You should be able to climb it if it is.

-Koharu

Dazia closed up her messenger. "Guess we're not trapped here yet. Koharu has pegged a rope of cloths down so that it would remain still if we climbed it. I'm gonna go check and see if we can reach it. If we can't, I'll ask her to send in the spare crystal." She explained.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 6]

The three players would walk over to the spot where Dazia had originally fallen in, and as it turned out, behold, there was a cloth within reach...of the tallest player. Dazia would need some trust in her current allies in order to get out without using her teleport crystal. "Damn, I can't reach it." She muttered. Arnemis didn't seem to be much taller than Dazia, but the one who definitely was taller would be... Both Players looked over to Ithena. "Are you well enough to help us up onto the cloth rope? I don't think we can reach it." Arnemis asked. Ithena took a moment to stretch. "Perhaps, I'll see what I can do. You both helped me, so the least I can do in return is help you." She decided. She started with Arnemis. She would pick up the player, and hold her out towards the cloth rope. Arnemis managed to grab on to the cloth rope, and would start climbing up.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 5]

After waiting for a bit, Ithena would pick up Dazia next. This was obviously a necessary action, but Dazia didn't have to like it. Ithena would lift Dazia up to the cloth rope, and she would grab on to it, then she would climb up to the next cloth. She looked back to Ithena, and realized that she was only tall enough to bring others to it... She held out her hand. "Give me an end of your spear, I'll try to pull you closer to this rope." Dazia told Ithena. Ithena would lift her spear up to Dazia, who would grab it with her main hand, while still holding onto the rope with the other arm. She began to pull upwards, and Ithena would grab onto the end of the cloth rope. Both could climb it now, Dazia only needed to make sure that she wasn't making the cloth rope unstable below her.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 4]

There would be no further issue with climbing the cloth rope, and the two players would make it back to the upper level of the glacial depths. "There's no further need to investigate this place, let's get the hell out of here." Dazia said to Koharu. Clearly, the other players were also in agreement, for they didn't want to get stuck down in there again. The players would make their way back over to the Glacial Cove, and would begin heading for the exit. Not many of the monsters had respawned, and there was still a way out that didn't draw monsters' attention. It was a good thing the players were leaving now instead of later...

While the players were making their way over to the nearest way out of the Glacial Cove, Arnemis and Ithena became acquainted with Koharu, who explained Dazia's situation to them. "Up next just so happens to be the Peak." Koharu added.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 3]