[SP-F4] Raven of Wrath

Arnemis seemed to be in thought for a moment. "The Peak is a bit of a large area to investigate, so maybe a full party splitting up there might be helpful..." She thought aloud. "As long as we don't encounter any hostile players, we should be fine." 

The players would leave the Glacial Cove, so now it was time to climb up the mountain, and reach the Peak. Hopefully Dazia's height didn't hinder this trek. Then again, Ithena or Koharu might be able to help if Dazia couldn't reach something if she had to climb instead of walk. It wouldn't be long now...

The snowfall was now slowly transitioning over to a blizzard, so time was running short. This was the chance that needed to be taken. If Dazia didn't make it in time before the snowstorm was at its worst, any chance to investigate the Peak would be lost.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 2]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About half an hour of mountain scaling passed, and the players were now reaching the Peak. "We've only got so much time before this damn blizzard worsens to the point where it obscures our vision, this may end up being a quick investigation." Dazia remarked. She then heard a familiar voice. "Hey!! Dazia!!! Where have you been?" The familiar voice called out. "Yinangi? Why are you here? I thought you left the Peak to me!" Dazia asked. "Couldn't find you, you didn't respond to my latest message either." Valna answered as she came into view. There were now six players, ready to investigate the Peak before time ran out. "Dazia, are you finally making some more friends??" Yinangi asked Hopefully. "Just a new rival, an acquaintance who fought me, and the acquaintance we rescued." Dazia answered. "Friendship isn't instant, it takes time to form." Yinangi smiled. "Yeah, it's not instant... Friendship is Magic." She said with a wink. "Ugh, no..." Dazia thought as she facepalmed. "You do not need to be referencing that, Yinangi..."

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 1]

Yinangi laughed at Dazia's response. "I knew I could count on you to react!" She remarked. Valna patted the young player's head. "Ok, well, enough making fun of her reactions, Yinangi. This place is gonna be filled with an icy gale that will cloud our vision soon, so we might as well try to get this over with." She noted.

The players discussed where they would be dispersing to as to cover the most ground in the quickest amount of time possible. It was decided that Dazia would take the summit of the Peak. Well, there was no time to waste just standing around, so she got moving as soon as she knew what she would be doing. There was still daylight, but the overcast from the snowstorm was present, and if the blizzard worsened, her vision would be affected. It was now or never, she needed to make this count.

[Posts remaining until HP full again: 0]

This investigation came up mostly empty, then she reached the top...it seemed that the area was a bit like a small arena, and she wondered if monsters were battled here, it would be too coincidental otherwise. There was a cloaked player standing in the snow within that area, and Dazia stopped in her tracks...even though her last step crunched the snow and was very audible.

The cloaked player turned around. "I knew it...So you've come at last, just as I anticipated...the one place I knew the others would never look. Here you are." He remarked upon spotting Dazia. Dazia drew her weapon. "Who are you?" She demanded. This player's cursor was green, but what he said seemed to make Dazia believe he was in league with one of her enemies. "Me? I go by Derenze. I often scouted out for three players, the four of us were told about you and your killings, Dazia...but it looks like I was the only one to catch you..."

Dazia had her blade drawn, but she would not attack this confirmed enemy just yet. She needed to find a way to get rid of him...that didn't involve duels. She didn't know if teleport crystals worked within duels just yet. "...Let me guess, you want me dead." Dazia remarked. "The four of us know that we'll have a higher chance of receiving Krysta's favor if we help her do this deed for all of Aincrad, of course you know why I'm here." Derenze responded.

Ah...so that was the fools' reasoning...Dazia did what she could to hold it in, but then she decided not to. Dazia laughed. "Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Ahhh, You don't even know! Ah ha ha ha ha..." Derenze was confused. "Why are you laughing?" He asked. "Krysta's taken, you idiot!" Dazia revealed. Derenze looked shocked. "Wha- Y-you lie! who could have possibly won her heart?" He questioned.

Derenze's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level: 26

HP: 520

EN: 52

DMG: 8(Dagger Rank 3[3], Shining Dagger[4])

MIT: 23(Leather Vest[18], Light Armor Rank 1[5])

Equipment:

[T2]Shining Dagger(2 Damage)

[T2]Leather Vest(Savvy, MIT)

Lucky Ring(3 LD)

Skills:

Dagger Rank 4

Searching Rank 4

Light Armor Rank 1(+5 MIT)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia thought the answer was obvious, a fair number of Aincrad's players knew, from what she could tell. "Vigilon." She answered. "...Vigilon...? Wasn't he the...no, how could a fool like Vigilon have what it takes to win her heart? You must be joking!" Derenze claimed. "He's stronger than you, I bet. What level do you think I am, care to guess?" Dazia asked. "I've been certain that not much has changed, I guess that we are of the same level, twenty six."

Ok, now Dazia needed to hold in her laughter over this idiot. "Bingo, you surprised me there." She lied. "I guess you'll never be able to prove yourself better than Vigilon, though...his strength far outdoes yours, he's been in difficult battles, he's no pushover...need I say more? You'll never win..."

Such tactics may have pissed off Dazia, but maybe she did have use for Haimi's provocation strategies after all...

Derenze growled. Her sister's tactic was working. "What? Don't like that you can't get the girl you desire? Killing me won't help, and you can't possibly hope to best Vigilon either, as I've said before." Dazia continued, with a mocking tone.

"Rrrrrrggghhh.........SHUT UP!!!"

Derenze swung his blade at Dazia, damaging her for a single point of health. Success...

"I can't believe you fell for something that stupid." Dazia remarked. She then glared at Derenze. "Congratulations...you've just committed assault. you can't kill me without going orange permanently, and if I kill you here while your cursor is orange, mine will stay green."

Derenze's eyes widened at the realization that he had been tricked into making the first attack. "So it was all a lie?" Dazia had a sinister grin that went well with the anger within her eyes. "Don't get me wrong, Krysta is indeed taken, and Vigilon is her boyfriend...but you could never guess my actual level."

[Dazia takes no action]

(Derenze)ID# 185713 BD: 9(Critical, +1 damage)

Basic Attack: 9-48=1 Damage Taken

Derenze's cursor has turned orange!

DaziaHP 619/620EN 60/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

DerenzeHP 520/520EN 51/52 | 8 DMG | 23 MIT | Savvy | 3 LD

Edited by Dazia

Dazia's expression returned to a hateful scowl. "Now prepare for the last lesson you'll ever learn..." Her eyes flared up with the wrath that she held deep within, and it was time to deal with this life threatening pain in the ass. She readied her Sword Art, Over Radiation, and attacked Derenze mercilessly. The force of the attack sent her enemy flying a few feet, but it could have easily been yards. Derenze now knew what he was up against. "You're no pushover...but I even if I die as a martyr, my life will mean something! I'll keep fighting!" He decided. He retaliated with Cross Edge, but of course, That Dagger still has a ways to go if it was to do any real damage. "How often did you train? That gear seems to hardly be anything!" Dazia pointed out. Derenze growled. He couldn't tell if she was giving typical criticism on one's combat abilities, or if she was straight up mocking him.

(Dazia)ID# 185714 BD: 8+2=10(hit)

(Derenze)ID# 185715 BD: 8-2=6(hit)

Over Radiation: 12x14-23=145 Damage to Derenze

Cross Edge: 8x8-48=16 Damage Taken

DaziaHP 603/620EN 47/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

DerenzeHP 375/520EN 45/52 | 8 DMG | 23 MIT | Savvy | 3 LD

Edited by Dazia

"I will not answer you! You shouldn't have the right to criticize me like this!" Derenze called out. "And yet I have the right to kill you and not be punished during this moment...do you really think you're in the position to keep going?" Dazia questioned. Dazia would unleash another devastating Over Radiation attack upon Derenze, who's HP would drop into the Yellow. Two more good hits ought to do it. "You'll never win in the long run, people will know how dangerous you are! Everyone in Aincrad will become your enemy!" Derenze claimed before attacking Dazia again, using Cross Edge like last time. It may have done more damage this time, but it was still pitiful in comparison. "Oh, Derenze...you don't understand... The World has always been my enemy." Dazia responded to what he'd said. "You all disgust me, aggravate me, and think you all can do whatever the hell you want, as if nothing ever mattered."

(Dazia)ID# 185716 BD: 5+2=7(hit)

(Derenze)ID# 185717 BD: 10(Critical! +2 Base DMG)

Over Radiation: 12x14-23=145 Damage to Derenze

Cross Edge: 10x8-48=32 Damage Taken

DaziaHP 571/620EN 35/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

DerenzeHP 230/520EN 39/52 | 8 DMG | 23 MIT | Savvy | 3 LD

Edited by Dazia

"I lost hope in all of you, as you all couldn't get over your hypocrisy and self-centered idiocy. I did something for another and was called a monster...well, if you see me as the monster, you'll get one...and only all of you are to blame, this was your doing!" Dazia ranted. She then moved from one position to the other, and confounded her opponent with swift movements. Derenze's gaze darted from place to place, trying to predict when Dazia would strike. He failed in this, and was hit with a more damaging attack as a result. He would retaliate with his sword art, but it still wasn't much, and his HP was now in the Red. "So...you've been putting the blame on others for what you became? Even if someone had done horrible things to you, it was you who chose to become the monster you now are..." Derenze remarked.

(Dazia)ID# 185718 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base Damage)

(Derenze)ID# 185719 BD: 8-2=6(hit)

Over Radiation: 13x14-23=159 Damage to Derenze

Cross Edge: 8x8-48=16 Damage Taken

DaziaHP 555/620EN 23/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

DerenzeHP 71/520EN 33/52 | 8 DMG | 23 MIT | Savvy | 3 LD

Edited by Dazia

Dazia's burning hatred didn't cease. "You and the people of this world, and the real world, were all the ones who made the choices that led to mine. Your words mean nothing at this point." She responded. "Go ahead, kill me...you'll only make your situation worse if you don't stop..." Derenze said. "Oh? But you would probably keep fighting me, or get backup from your allies, if you were to live...sorry, but you've already made your choice, the choice that forced my hand...goodbye..." Dazia responded. With that, She would attack once more, and Derenze's HP would drop to zero. "It would seem that we both made poor choices today...I'll see you in Hell, then..." Derenze's Avatar then shattered. it was over.

Dazia took a deep breath. "What a nuisance...at least he accepted the consequence of his actions." She thought aloud as she started to slowly calm down from the rage she unleashed.

115 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's journal

(Dazia)ID# 185720 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base Damage)

(Derenze)ID#

Over Radiation: 14x14-23=173 Damage to Derenze

DaziaHP 555/620EN 23/60 | 12 DMG | 48 MIT | 2 ACC | 2 EVA 

Enemies:

DerenzeHP 0/520EN 33/52 | 8 DMG | 23 MIT | Savvy | 3 LD DEAD

Edited by Dazia

It was done. Now to investigate this Peak before the storm really hits. Dazia looked around the summit, looking for anything unusual, or even something of value. After some time, it would seem that there wasn't anything around. There may have once been a powerful enemy here, but it was either a one time thing, or it took a long while to respawn. The winds picked up and the snow clouded Dazia's vision. The Storm had let loose in full now. Dazia struggled to stand, and then she slipped and slid down the summit, down the mountain for what seemed like five minutes. Soon, her sliding was stopped by a stone jutting out of the snow slope, for her head had hit it. She saw some of the other players heading towards her just before she was rendered unconscious. What a day this had been, all to find nothing but coincidence all around, in the end...at least she'd gotten rid of an enemy, and rescued a player who was probably innocent.

ID# 185722 LD: 8(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia woke up, and saw that she was in the Town of Snowfrost. The five players who she'd split up from to investigate better were surrounding her, as if checking to see if she was fine. "Hey, sis, you're awake!" Valna acknowledged. "What...what happened...?" Dazia asked. "You were kind of blown by the blizzard and slipped down the mountain, took a bit of damage when you got knocked out. Did something happen?" Yinangi explained and asked. "...so there was nothing after all, was there? Well, at least there were two important matters handled, done and done..." Dazia said.

She started to get up, though she paused when she sat up, and then Koharu continued the explanation. "We carried you back to the safe zone together. Two of us would carry you, and Arnemis would work with the other two to defend against any threats. Shifts were taken to lighten the load and offer a change of pace during the trip back here."

Dazia got back up, and was ready for the rest of this day...or so she hoped. "Right...well, I know where Seline was last, let's see if we can get you reunited with her, Ithena."

The players would head over to The Frozen Owl's Perch, and Dazia would bring Ithena over to the room where she had spoken with Seline. The feathers were still on the door, so there was a good chance Seline was still there. Dazia knocked on the door, the same wind chime tune was played. Dazia opened the door, and Ithena would walk over to Seline. "Birds of all feathers flock back to the nest." Seline would get up and hug Ithena. "Ithena, my sweet child, you've returned..." 

Um...ok, this was unusual. Seline was a young woman, right? ...Wasn't she too young to have a child Ithena's age? Then again, Dazia was only making a guess on the two players' ages.

Dazia decided to leave the two players so that they might have some time, chances were, they had a lot of things to catch up on.

Dazia returned to the table where she had spotted Valna and Yinangi earlier that day. It would seem that the two had returned to this table. "So, the others left?" Dazia guessed. "They both explained their experiences fighting you, and watching you fight other things. They're about to duke it out to see which of them is the better rival, if you're interested in watching that unfold from the safe zone's edge." Valna answered. "...Am I to assume that you came up empty?" Dazia asked. The two players' faces fell on the table as they groaned in exhaustion. "Yes..." Yinangi said, with a tone that very clearly showed how much she was fed up with the recurring result. "Did you find anything on the summit?" Valna asked. Dazia's head drooped as she exhaled. "No..." She groaned.

"That must have been tough, knowing that this was all just some silly coincidence..." Yinangi remarked. "To make matters worse, I got into a fight at the summit...a pretty bad one, too." Dazia admitted. "But..we didn't see anyone at the summit...was it a monster?" Valna asked.

The only response Dazia gave was a grim expression paired with silence. The players read each others' expressions and understood one another. They all knew what happened now... Dazia slowly made her way to the door, and left the Tavern.

She walked through the snow as she wondered who among Dazia's new rivals would come out on top. But first, she needed to find them. She walked around the edge until she spotted two players about to fight...it was Koharu and Arnemis, from the looks of it. One with a pink and white outfit, pink hair, the other player having darker-looking apparel, with white hair that had streaks of pink? Yeah, that was probably Arnemis.

Well, this scene was surprisingly easy to find.

Dazia walked over to the two players as they drew their weapons, and she would watch it all unfold. Once their duel started, Koharu attacked with San Ge, giving quite the impression on her opponent. Arnemis followed with Explode Catapult, and would return the favor. Who would win? A dark, axe wielding warrior(despite her size), or a pink chick with a katana? Only one way to find out.

Koharu would begin doing what she could to deflect Arnemis's heavier blade, though her dexterous opponent proved to be well knowledgeable as to how she would do the same against her attacks. Koharu's next swift attack would prove difficult to avoid, however. Both players seemed to have fair amounts of intelligence, from what Dazia could tell...but Arnemis seemed to be more strong and dexterous than wise, and Koharu seemed to be more spunky and swift than clever. Dazia might not have had this power and courage, but she would learn them one day...

"You're pretty strong, I'll give you that. How do you think you'll fare against this??" Koharu remarked before implementing another strategy. She used her speed to confound her opponent, and she managed to deal a critical hit from behind. Arnemis retaliated with an attack that carried the dangerous fallen energy, and Koharu would take a considerable amount of damage. Both players were close to the yellow now, so it was time to see who the victor was. Dazia watched this not only to see who would come out on top, but to analyze their strategies and plan a way to turn things around in the end. She may have lost to both of the players when she battled them, but in what could easily become a three way rivalry, she would go for the gold position...

Dazia watched as the two dueling players attacked each other once more. Koharu was faster than her opponent, and in this clash of blades, it was Koharu who came out on top.

"Looks like I won this one. Don't worry though, you and Dazia were great opponents! I can't wait to see how well we've grown by the next battles." Koharu remarked. She then looked to the side and saw Dazia standing there. "Oh, hi Dazia! How was the two players' reunion?" She asked. "It was...nothing like I expected." Dazia admitted. "Seline seemed to act and speak as if Ithena was her, erm, child...I honestly don't know how to respond to that, they both look like adults to me."

Dazia soon received a message from Valna, something about having to head over to the Tavern, and quickly.

Turns out, Koharu and Arnemis were going to return to the tavern anyway, so the three players went together. Ithena was heading over to them, and Dazia had to ask, "Quick question, why did she call you her child? You don't really look that young to me, so I'm just trying to understand what's going on." 

Ithena chuckled. "Seline is more than just the leader of our former guild. She is also the eldest of us, and has quite the motherly personality. She'd essentially, *ahem* 'adopted' us into her guild. We are like her children, in a way, as a result...it's kind of complicated." She explained.

The players would reach the tavern, where a cloaked player was standing in front of. "So, Dazia, right? I've heard of you, and what you look like...I go by Auren, but I'm sure you know me by another name..."

This mystery player would take off the cloak that had obscured the rest of his gear and appearance, and Dazia would recognize him. "Aurellius??"

Auren:

Spoiler

Auren.jpg.cfed2f617f73c72462f49708412fb35e.jpg

"What the hell are you doing here??" Dazia asked. "Simple. First VRMMORPG ever? Chance to be a renowned individual? Sign me up! Sure, we're all stuck here due to a big surprise but hey, we're all here, aren't we, Violet?" Auren responded. "You know this man, Dazia?" Koharu asked. "Of course I do...he's my brother." Dazia answered. The three players looked to Dazia, then to Auren, then to Dazia again. "Wait...you're siblings...? Your um, heights seem to differ greatly." Ithena questioned. Dazia looked over to her, unamused. "Can you not?" She asked.

Auren chuckled. "Yeah, she doesn't like admitting to her height. Anyway...Violet...I've heard plenty about you, some good, some bad...some say you're like a raven in the night, Mom would be proud...of course, there's also been some...unsavory rumors..." Despite the seriousness of this, he still had a smirk on his face. "You released...didn't you?"

Dazia was silent.

"I'll take that expression of yours as a yes. Well then, Violet...or should I say, Dazia...you've earned yourself quite the reputation, comes along with another name at times. Just thought you might want to know, since Hiraani told me you were Dazia... You've made a name for yourself, Dazia, players have began to speak of you under another name...Congratulations, sis, Aincrad has decided that from that moment forward, you are...Dazia, Raven of Wrath." Auren revealed.

"Raven of Wrath...it's intimidating...to be honest...I like it." Dazia muttered.

Well, there was no going back from here...what's done is done.

Summary:

Dazia receives: 5 SP(4 Pages Completed[4], Quarantine Bonus[1]), and 1600 col(4 pages completed)

An Orange Player, Derenze, has been player-killed by Dazia