[F7-PP] Two Headed Snakes, Great <<Case of Wurms>>

Spoiler

Nephthys
Level: 19
HP: 380/380 | EN: 38/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1

Equipped:
» Mahklab [Perfect T1 2H Assault Spear[DMG 3]]
» Hawk Bracelet [Perfect T1 Bracelet [ACC 3]]
» Qadhaf [Perfect T1 Heavy Armor [THORNS 2 // HEAVY MOMENTUM]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
» (5) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
» 1 Fish with +1 Vitality snack (+2 Energy Regenerated in Combat for one Thread)

Skills:
» Two Handed Assault Spear - Rank 4

• Finesse - Rank 3

Extra Skills:
» Familiar Mastery: Protector - Rank 1

It hadn't taken long for them to get to the seventh floor. She took a quick moment to see if she might be able to learn anything else. Nephthys looked at Chase once she was done making sure that she was one hundred percent ready, and she smiled lightly. "I'm all set if you are, and truly, thank you for the company." She felt like she needed to say that more, perhaps it was because she didn't truly know too much more about social interactions anymore.

"So, a two-headed snake?" There was a bit of disdain in her voice, but that was something that she could easily just get past. Killing the snake would be good therapy. "When you fought this boss before, how hard was it by chance? I just want to make sure I'm making a somewhat suitable game plan in my head." She liked making sure that she was going to not die or fail anything. Plus, having a game plan is something that helped her feel a little more prepared for the fight.

The repeated thanks felt weird- then Chase realised he would probably do the same if it were him in her place. He had done that with NIGHT and Shay a lot, right? So he had no say in the matter. As for his previous encounter with the boss... That's when he'd come to do it with Freyd, huh? Blech. "Uh... It's not tough. I was with someone else slightly higher level than me, but... you can probably even do it alone. Let's not get you hurt though."

Chase DBP Silent Guilty.pngAlthough he clearly remembered coming here with the O&I Captain, he remembered the boss next to none at all. "The boss should be easy. I barely remember it.", he muttered and nodded to himself, letting out a low sigh and looking towards the safezone's exit. "Let's.", he gestured towards the gate and began to head right on over. There was nothing the two would have to be worried about, neither in the quest nor on the floor to blue's knowledge. It was just a calm trip back, to think about all the memories from being a ton levels lower and going through this for the first time. He'd be able to reflect much better now that he was a veteran by this point, even if it was only so long after. The most important part was helping Nephthys though. He didn't need self-reflections, he needed company. That's what would really do him some good.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 84
HP: 1710/1710
EN: 168/168

Stats:
Damage: 20
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
BH:85
VAMP DEF:85
PARA:1
HLY:12
HLY BLS:16
LD:5

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T3/Perfect/2HSS): PARA I, HOLY II
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 4]
Charge [Rank 5]
Hiding [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Obtained]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Extended Weight Limit [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise
Meditation

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity
Focused Howl
Surprise Attack (Assassin)
Vanish

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Gugnir's Shard (T3/Instant/HP REC III)*5
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Kumatetsu Statue: +1 Base Damage for a thread

Wedding Ring:

It was starting to feel like she might be able to just do most of these quests alone at this point. But, she wasn't going to point that out right now. It was probably already known after all. She was getting stronger as they went on doing these quests. She nodded though, "Must have been that easy if you don't remember it." There was no doubt now that she might be able to finish this quest pretty fast. She didn't mind that really, easy quests to kill were good, because that meant that she didn't need to worry about it taking forever.

His worry about keeping her unharmed though was sweet in its own little way, and it was something that she wasn't going to say aloud either. Some things were meant to just stay silent. Plus, her frequent thanks to him was probably already annoying enough. She quickly followed after him as he headed toward the exit for the safe zone. "I'm probably asking too many questions as we walk toward these bosses, but, is there any kind of signifier of the boss like with Byakko?"

"Signifier?", he asked out loud somewhat surprised at the choice of words, but he understood what she meant. If memory served him right... "It's at some flat mountain top, the ground will shake and then it'll appear. I don't think we can notice from a distance.", he replied somewhat uncertainly, scratching the back of his head and letting out a deep sigh. "Yeah, sorry. I don't remember almost any."

Chase DBP Silent.pngAnd things were back to awkward, quiet. In a (somewhat) desperate attempt to start up a conversation once more, Chase looked over at her and saw the spear once more. "How come a spear?", he asked and offered a small grin, trying to show some form of curiosity for Nep. Company wasn't good on its own. They'd need to have some form of dialogue, obviously enough. "I chose two handed swords because they'd be heavy. Heavy means it hits harder. Or it should. And it does. I think.", he tried to give his own response for his choice of weapon, then giving her some space so she could breathe it in and get the ball rolling.

She had been about ready to explain what she meant, but Chase was already trying to remember what it was that would show them where the boss was. She waved off his apology though with a smile, "It's alright. I honestly don't expect you to remember everything right away." She wanted to help him feel better on that front, it wasn't entirely his fault. Who knows how long it has been since he had last done this quest.

She looked at her spear and thought on the best way to explain what her inspiration had been. "When I got the game, I had been in the process of studying Egyptian Mythology. Nephthys is an Egyptian Deity, while Bast was named after the Egyptian goddess of protection and cats. Spears had been the choice weapon of the guards, and well, it just seemed to fit my theme when I started the game." That was the moment that she realized she might have talked too much, but, he wanted an answer, and she was more than willing to tell him the answer.

"Your weapon choice seems to work perfectly for you, plus, you have an amazing weapon to go along with the choice." She always liked seeing people who have the best weapons to go with their choices of weapon skill. Most of the time, they just seemed to pair perfectly.

While remembering things would be handy, there wasn't anything of real importance to add to this even if he did remember it all. Then came a nice explanation he didn't expect. The only form of history that Chase knew were tidbits about ancient civilizations, like the Ancient Greek one over on the 17th floor. But this was relatively new (if not completely) to him.

Chase DBP Silent Awkward.png"So you also had a theme going for yourself? That seems like what everyone else did.", the boy murmured before remembering about the fact he just added an R to the end of his name and called it a day. That's how 'videogames worked', to him. Before stepping in, it was all about 'hiding your identity' and 'playing a role', but as soon as things got real he gave up on any form of secrecy. This might as well be his new life for a fair long while. On the topic of his weapon though, this broken mess of a blade was only the final sword he agreed upon using. The previous one... "... My previous was an actual two handed sword. All the time. Freeze one.", he tried to explain before deciding to look through the menus and before much looking, his stone sword disappeared and a handle appeared before him, grabbing it and holding it firmly to reveal a sword almost his own size. Its blade was made out of ice and its edges jagged, sharp enough to cut one badly even on top of slashes or stabs with it. "Had freeze and bleed. Worked very well with Blizz and my colors honestly.", he finished, only to hear the pangolin chime in from atop his head with a croak.

He was murmuring something, and she didn't know if that was something for her to reply to, so she didn't. Instead, she focused on attempting to see if she could find where this snake was. Would it be bad if she imagined that this two-headed snake was her ex-best friend? Because honestly, that was how she might look at it. Neph knew that she wouldn't be able to actually harm Lethia in any kind of way, so perhaps this truly was the best form of therapy for her right now.

She looked at him when he talked about his old sword, "I don't know, I think this one works well with your colors too. The bright white from the sword gives an interesting contrast to your blues." Okay, so perhaps she shouldn't have gone into alchemy in the game and instead tailor or something, but she still liked the chemistry feel that she kind of had with her alchemy. "I actually haven't made a true color scheme for myself, though I'm starting to think it's going to have some black in it because of Bast."

There was a slight shrug with her words, a color scheme hadn't been something that she had truly looked at when she started the game. She just started with the basic colors for a new character and that was that.

The color scheme that Chase stuck with was for two reasons- first, his jacket. Second, the hair color he picked going in, and the one he brought back as soon as a vanity item that could do that emerged. No way he was staying with that stupid chestnut color that Kayaba forced him to have after looking into the pocket mirror he gave to everybody.

Chase DBP Default.png"Black huh? Nothing unusual. Haven't seen anyone purple honestly.", he began to nod to himself and looked to the side, knowing fully well some basics- Gaius was borderline green, Yuki pink, himself blue, NIGHT pitch black, Alkor usually brown or gold... There really was noone purple in colors after all, huh? "... Purple is kinda lame.", he huffed and continued to walk forwards with Nep, feeling something almost running right under them but continuing quietly. They weren't quite there, that was just the snake moving about the area. Anytime now, they'd be wherever it had set up its nest this time around. And now, it wouldn't be Chase's turn to zonk it out of here, but Nep's. He had his shot and any time he felt like it, he could always come back and give it a beating- as if that would do anything but kill a bit of time though. He was so high level, he probably would lose EXP for it more than win any. "Actually, hey. Where did you get your stuff?", he asked her and coursed his eyes up and down her figure once more, looking at her gear with an eyebrow raised. 

"I've seen the girl that hangs with Koga use purple sword arts." She mused the thought out loud as she walked, her gaze was more looking around, still trying to see if she could find this snake, but there was nothing just yet. "I honestly think mine might go a mixture of black and brown, or white and brown, it all really just depends I think. I've been trying to decide a certain look, but just haven't really had the mindset to do so."

She had turned away, so she didn't notice that Chase had looked over her and her gear. But when he asked about it, she looked back at him, "Actually, I had my spear and armor made by Koga and my bracelet was by his partner, Noctua." She didn't know the true relationship between those two, so she wasn't going to assume anything. She thought for a moment, wondering if she should ask him where he had gotten his gear. After a few moments, she settled on asking, "What about you? Where did you get your gear?" She was now hoping that she wasn't over stepping any kind of unspoken laws for conversations.

This was one of those times where Chase's filter for 'stop talking' completely went off, and he just started without stopping. And so he did. "Ah, my starter gear I got from somewhere around the first. I was mostly window shopping but with the help of the girl that helped me start out, we went and bought anything we could with my starting money. As for the ones I'm wearing right now..."

Chase DBP Happy.png"I made my chains and used the help of a friend to make them demonic. I'm an Artisan, so I craft trinkets like these. Then I got my coat early on when doing a quest for a witch from some mushroom monsters I had killed, and my sword from killing uh... 'Ents'? Tree people. I had to use an item from a dungeon to get it a second holy enhancement. I've got plenty of other cool gear but I don't know how to use it yet if I'm being honest.". Given how much he talked, it would be worrysome if at any point he wasn't being honest. And then it struck him that he was borderline monologuing, dropping his smile and wearing a somewhat pained expression. "S-Sorry. I don't tend to speak much. Like this I mean.". Who knew? Some time all alone and suddenly he was more than just a sucker for conversation. As for the boss... they were probably reaching it. Any minute now, it would erupt- just a few steps ahead and there it was, waiting to strike. Underground, of course, but there nonetheless.

Boy, when he wanted to talk, he could do just that, and it didn't bother her in the slightest. Instead, she just intently listened to everything, and smiled. "It's okay. I think it's cool that you can make trinkets. I'm an alchemist, so I just make potions and stuff." She chuckled lightly before looking around. It wasn't until she felt some kind of rumbling on her feet that she felt like they were getting close. "Did you feel that?" Of course, that could just be her nerves getting to her about fighting a snake. It was a little too close to home as a reminder after all.

But, the rumbling under her feet stopped soon enough, and she just looked around. She was starting to think that she might have just imagined that. "Either we are getting close, or my imagination is getting the better of me today." She wasn't sure which one it was really, but hopefully Chase could help determine which it was.

Chase could see as much, or little, as Nep could. But he knew that he had also felt the shaking, so it couldn't have been just her mind playing tricks on her. "No, we're close. Eyes out, it'll jump out any minute.", he warned her and took his own sword out of his sheathe, keeping it in front of him silently, ready to counterattack any strike. He was surprised that he had to keep such a battle-ready stance even now, but best leave his partner feeling safe than in danger.

Chase DBP Default.pngAlthough his eyes scanned ahead to try and determine where the monster was about to come out from, nothing. Not that it would make a big difference for the duo but it was good to always know. It'd give them the edge on this fight at the very least. Then again, he didn't want her to feel like he'd been ignoring her relatively short response to his monologue. "Alchemists are pretty nifty. You guys make most of what I need. Trinkets are a bad deal, cause I can't make them unique.", and that much was true. Alchemists were, on the long term, way too useful in comparison to trinkets, weapons or armors that one could craft. There were only so many pieces of gear to use, after all.

Okay, so she wasn't going crazy, yet at least, so that was nice to know. She nodded lightly as she moved her spear so that it was in a better position to attack. She doubted that she'd have a good counterattack rate like Chase, but she could still at least just hit the darned thing. While they both had a different stance, it still showed that both were ready for anything. There was another rumble, this time closer to her feet, and her grip tightened on the spear.

"Oh? Feel free to stop by at any time, then. If I don't have it in stock at the time, I'm certain that I could get it made." She was giving him the offer, because it only felt right, plus, she needed some kind of business to come by. She probably should have picked a more noticeable place than where the shop was, but that could be dealt with at a later time. "Right now, my best work in potions, but I'm still learning the others." She would have continued talking, but the ground burst in front of them.

The two-headed snake finally showed itself and seemed to just stare at them, so she decided to go first. "Here goes nothing..." The words were muttered before she went for the snake, but the sand under her feet started to shift as the snake moved, so she adjusted her footing and still managed to stab the snake, dealing some damage. "So, the ground moves, perfect." She said that loud enough for Chase to hear as she moved to be out of his way.

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 380/380 | EN: 30 (-8)/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 3 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1

ChaseR: HP: 1710/1710 | EN: 168/168 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5

[0,0] Amphis Serpens: HP: 120 (-55)/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigatable DoT [20 DMG] effect that lasts 5 turns.
Due to the shifting sands and movement of the boss, players take a -1 penalty to Accuracy and Evasion.

ID: 186426
BD: 6 (4+3-1)
DMG: 55 (10*10-45)

>>Vent Forth hits Amphis Serpens<<

Edited by Nephthys

The fight was already well on the way. The offer that Nep made was nice, having his 'personalized' alchemist was going to do him a lot of work, as if Bistro didn't already extend her help to blue boy often enough. But it was much appreciated regardless of how well he'd make use of it. "No worries. You'll get better with time and materials."

Chase DBP Silent Unsure.pngThe snake stood there even after Nep's attack, seemingly waiting to strike whenever it found an opening. But it didn't. Chase approached it, and agitated as the monster was, it hissed and threw itself right at the man. He grabbed it with one hand and struck it with the other, holding his sword as he cocked up an eyebrow. "Amphis... As in amphi-dexterous, right? Two heads? Two hands; amphid... No, it's ambidexterous...", he began to wonder upon inspecting its name, but snapping back to reality the monster took a bite both at him with its other hit and then stretched to Nep, leaving them both lightly poisoned. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, watch your shit!", he hissed back at it and practically rammed his shoulder right into its throat, throwing it back and growling. "Nep, you good?"

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Back Rush! (BD: 4+2=6)
20 * 5 - 45 = 100 - 45 = 55

Amphis Serpens attacks ChaseR! (MD: 10)
70 - 43 = 27 [ChaseR]
70 - 9 = 61 [Nephthys]

Nephthys: HP: 299/380 (-61-20) | EN: 30/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | EVA: -1ACC: 2 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1 | DOT: 20 (1/5)
ChaseR: HP: 1663/1710 (-27-20) | EN: 167/168 (-1) | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5 | DOT: 20 (1/5)

[1,2] Amphis Serpens: HP: 65 (-55)/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing normal attack damage in addition to inflicting an unmitigatable DoT [20 DMG] effect that lasts 5 turns.
Due to the shifting sands and movement of the boss, players take a -1 penalty to Accuracy and Evasion.

Having some kind of confidence thrown her way for her craft was kind of nice. Now, she just needed to believe it herself really. "Thanks." She smiled as she thanked him for that small boost of confidence, only for it to vanish in time. She was glad that Chase had hit the dual-headed snake, but at the same time, it apparently felt like hitting them both in the same attack. It actually caught her by surprise, so she hadn't been prepared to defend herself in any way, shape, or form.

She looked at Chase and gave a quick nod, "Probably as alright as ever when getting that surprise attack." Man, that shit actually hurt a bit, and this poison wasn't going to help much in that regard either. She just sucked that up though and took her turn, rushing right for the snake before she quickly hit it. It was almost dead now, perfect. As she moved away from it, she checked her health and status, this poison was going to last for a while and probably even after the boss was dead. At least she had the health to be able to survive that.

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 299/380 | EN: 23 (+1-8)/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | EVA: -1 ACC: 2 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1 | DOT: 20 (1/5)
ChaseR: HP: 1663/1710 | EN: 167/168 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5 | DOT: 20 (1/5)

[2,2] Amphis Serpens: HP: 10 (-55)/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45

ID: 187123
BD: 6 (4+2)
DMG: 55 (10*10-45)

Edited by Nephthys

It was good, better than ever to hear that Nep could still hang on. And now Chase was angry- he'd said he wouldn't let her get hurt and held back, but it only ended up being a detriment as he failed to keep her safe. She got bitten and poisoned, when he should have been the one to take all the damage. So moving backwards and charging right at the snake, with all of his momentum he tried to slice it down in half, but he failed.

Chase DBP Glare 1.pngThe boss moved around too much, and the damn ground kept sinking right below his feet, moving about and making it more than simply troublesome to get a good shot at the snake. "God, damnit!", he growled and jumped back when the boss tried to bite him again, hoping there was at least a good enough opening that Nep could take advantage of. It should be easier for her, granted she had her better reach and whatnot, considering her spear was three or four times longer than his broken weapon.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer! (BD: 3+2=5)
ATTACK MISSED

Amphis Serpens attacks ChaseR! (MD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Nephthys: HP: 279/380 (-20) | EN: 23/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | EVA: -1 ACC: 2 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1 | DOT: 20 (2/5)
ChaseR: HP: 1710/1710 (-20, +85+85+16) | EN: 167/168 (+1, -2) | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5 | DOT: 20 (2/5)

[2,3] Amphis Serpens: HP: 10/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45

This dual headed snake was starting to really get on her damned nerves. She was happy to stay out of Chase's way to make sure that he had the room to be able to attack the thing. But of course, the shifting sands was not helping either of them at all. She watched as Chase's attack missed the snake, and she even heard the curse that he growled at the snake. She waited, and watched, waiting for the perfect moment.

There. She charged for the snake, and quickly hit the snake. She was expecting it to miss, but instead, she managed to keep her footing and she hit the snake. The true sign that it was dead was the fact that the snake vanished in the pixels that signified death. She waited a few moments, waiting for the sand to stop shifting with the snake's presence gone. Once that was settled, she looked at Chase, leaning against her spear a bit.

"Well, that was... intense." She managed a small chuckle before walking over to him.

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 279/380 | EN: 16 (+1 -8)/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | EVA: -1 ACC: 2 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1 | DOT: 20 (2/5)
ChaseR: HP: 1710/1710 | EN: 167/168 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5 | DOT: 20 (2/5)

[3,3] Amphis Serpens: HP: 0 (-55)/175 | DMG: 70 | MIT: 45 >>Dead<<

ID: 187428
BD: 6 (4+2)
DMG: 55 (10*10-45)

Edited by Nephthys

Chase DBP Silent Guilty.pngAnd finally, poof went the snake, breaking into tiny crystals and floating away with the rest of his worries about the fight. It was a small monster he could take on, but he'd been running things entirely on his own for so long, he forgot some monsters have much more destructive capabilities than just 'kill the tank'. "Yeah... Sorry for letting my guard down and letting it hit you. The poison is still on us, but... you're alright. Right?", he checked with her worriedly, furrowing both his brows and sheathing his blade with the snake now dead. He wasn't expecting its second head to pull the sneaky move on them and literally stretch over to Nep and bite her in the rear- the last part wasn't that literal. Hopefully. "I didn't even know the snake had that move, and... its poison is still going on. That's... long...", he groaned and shook his head, raising a palm to his forehead and huffing. This was going to take a while, but they were out of the woods for now.

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 259/380 (-20) | EN: 16/38 | DMG: 10 | MIT: 9 | EVA: -1 ACC: 2 | THORNS: 18 | HEAVY MOMENTUM: 1 | DOT: 20 (3/5)
ChaseR: HP: 1710/1710 (-20, +85)) | EN: 167/168 | DMG: 20 | MIT: 43 | EVA: 2 | ACC: 2 | BH:85 | VAMP DEF:85 | PARA:1 | HLY:12 | HLY BLS:16 | LD:5 | DOT: 20 (3/5)

She looked at him, honestly surprised as all heck that he seemed to truly be worried about her. She knew that they had agreed to do some quests together, but this level of worry was new to her. She nodded though, a soft smile on her face, "Yeah, nothing that won't end on its own. Are you good?" She didn't want to be the reason that someone else was hurt too badly, though, looking at his health bar, he was better off than she was. "It's okay, I'm just glad that I had help with this one. I might not have faired this well solo." That was the honest truth there. She knew that if she had gone solo, she might be dead. That wouldn't be a great story to have told to her family. Well, they wouldn't know how it happened, just that it happened. Okay, those thoughts aside, she looked at Chase again. "We should head back to town and rest for the night. Perhaps we could pick up a new quest tomorrow?" Yes, she was inviting him back out, but only if he felt like it.

Chase DBP Silent Unsure.pngShe seemed to be cheery as ever, and not in any trouble at all. Honestly, a wave of relief brushed over him as he nearly slumped his back and gave her a thumbs up. Her offer was nice, it's just that he'd need to be sure the bosses they were going to be fighting wouldn't smack Nep around or poison her like they did today. "Yeah, sure thing. Tell me when you need me to come over, and I will.", he accepted her proposal and with the two heading for the settlement again, as they got closer, Chase lifted a hand to start rubbing the back of his neck. "So... Good night. I hope I helped out.", he waved her goodbye and began to head towards the teleporter, taking it to the twenty first as soon as he got on and disappearing towards his home. Not a long day, but a day with enough food for thought for him to reevaluate how lax he really could be, even with lower levels where he had everything under control.

Spoiler

Thread Rewards:

• ChaseR: 2 SP (1 page, 1 event), <<Snake Venom>>
  • Nephthys: 5 SP (1 page, 1 event, 3 quest), 400 Col, <<Snake Venom>>