[PP-F4] Getting Back what was Earned <<Essence of Steel>>

Dazia had already been through more than enough today, but since the weather cleared up enough since her search had failed, she decided to handle a painfully obvious and present issue while she was still on this floor...the fact that an Essence of Steel had been taken from her, due to that blonde, Astralin, for taking a neutral siding that would prove to be a thorn in her side, though it could have been worse. Well, now she needed one again, and it was time to make her way there. This day didn't seem to be over just yet, there was still daylight. "Princess may have stolen it from me, with that wannabe mage's approval...but I'll get what I deserve, even if it means fighting for it more than once!"

She knew where the destination was, but knowing how many fights she'd already gotten into on this day alone, she might as well look around the settlement for potential backup since her allies and acquaintances were busy for the time being.

@Crozeph

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  31
HP:  640(Base[620], Athletics[20])
EN:  62
DMG:  12(One Handed Rapier Rank 5[+5], Shadowdance[+4], Athletics[+1], Rapier Ferocity[+1])

MIT: 48(Raven Shade, Light Armor rank 3)

ACC: 2(Shadowdance, Corvid's Eye)

EVA: 2(Raven Shade, Corvid's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Shadowdance(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

[T2]Raven Shade(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

[Tierless]Corvid's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA)

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 3(+12 Mitigation)

Mods:

Athletics(+20 HP, +1 DMG)

Rapier Ferocity(+1 Base Damage when using Rapier)

It's always the snow...

He didn't mind the cold now and he wanted to visit Mari to check up on her but he knew that going there without letting the woman know can be risky. Crozeph won't be as lucky as he was like the few visits he made unannounced, this time he might get stuck out in the cold again. Having the Survivai skill ensures a player's safety in harsh environments but it would still feel like a bitch if one is to be complacent and so he decided that he would just free roam for now.

"Let's see..." Crozeph made his way to the settlement's gate and gazed at the snowy field outside. A new katana is strapped on his side while his black cloak kept him warm. he placed bot his hands inside the pockets of his trousers and began waiting, he's sure that someone is bound to ask for help. It's not like he's an NPC loitering around.

@Dazia

Cro icon.jpg

Crozeph [Level 56]
  | HP: 1150/1150 | EN: 106/106
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45
  | FRZ: 0 | BRN: 0 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | FLN: 1

Total SP: 252
  Allocated: 252
  Remaining: 0

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
**Kumatetsu Statue +1 base damage

Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Dun Scaith Revenant [T3 Perfect]
    -- Fallen +1 

-- ACC +1
    -- Keen +1 Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
    -- A sword is meant to kill, be it in defense or not. So the wielder must know the pain it causes when holding it in battle." Forged within the Land of Shadows, it has been used by its ruler, deemed powerful enough to gain her approval of its existence. The katana is imbued by the fallen souls of where it has been made. It sports a barbed hilt, with its edge split into two colours; a steel as black as night on its dull front, and a blood-red streak on its sharpened end. Repeated uses are required of its user to hone the blade's accuracy in battle. It is said to have brought madness to its previous owners -- if not insanity, then an ecstacy for the thrill of the kill.
  • Cloak of the  Evening Bells [T3 perfect]
    -- MIT +1

-- EVA +2
    -- 
    "Once worn by a king or a monarch, whichever it was it doesn't matter for anyone who dons this cloak is tasked to take the head of anyone who dares to cross the line and kill, be it humans or monsters." A black cloak with fabric at the collar. It is worn to cover the dominant hand of the wearer and put up an air of monarchy. It can also serve as a protection against attacks though not as efficient as heavy armor but boast its lightweight features to add speed to the wearer.
  • Ars Paulina
    -- Recovery +1

-- ACC +2
    -- 
    Description: "There is a time for everything and to that there is also an end but there is no need to fret for it is to be accepted." A pocket watch made by a powerful mage who possesses ten rings. This silver watch has no intricate designs outside yet its structure inside is powerful enough to restore energy and even make time dilate making its user see things slightly slower than the usual. 

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack: katana?

Skills

Hide contents
Spoiler
  Hide contents

Mod Count: 4/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 5/5
    > Field Medic > Barrier R2
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Hiding | Passive | RANK 1

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  

Dazia didn't seem to find many others around the settlement, so that often meant it was time to wait for someone to happen by the gate. She would make her way from where she last looked, over to the settlement's gate, and there she would see...

Never mind, she wouldn't be waiting after all, there was someone there. Hopefully he wasn't one of those players who thought badly of her, she'd had enough crossing blades with other players for about a week. She walked up to the cloaked player, and tugged on the cloak. "F***, I HATE being short..." She thought. "You. I need your help, if you're able." She told the player.

She was either really tired of this day's events, or just mentally strained to the point of being reckless. Whatever the case, she needed the essence, and she was going to get it...and this time she didn't want any fighting on the way there, she'd had more than enough of that. The only fighting she wanted to do now was against the Frost Beast.

@Crozeph

The scenery of snow was calming for Crozeph, the humming wind, the bustling of the few people inside are enough to keep him calm. Most of the times he hates the crowd, the noises of people chattering and the yelling they make to call on someone or get their point across, it was all annoying but times have changed for him. Living with someone taught him the value of every moment that passes by. Should there be someone in need of help, then he would never hesitate on that moment, unless motives are turning out to be something bad.

Crozeph felt a tug on his cloak, enough to put his daydreaming to a stop. He then saw a girl, black hair, quite short, and the tone on her voice seems to indicate that the day hasn't been good for her and what's more, she's asking for help. "Yes I am able, what do you need young woman?" he asked her. Surely it is too early to conclude today as a bad day and Crozeph might just be able to turn it around a bit.

The cloaked player looked at her and said he was able. He also asked what it was she needed. How to put this... "I had fought a boss for an item some time ago, but it was taken from me shortly after I won the battle, by a vengeful Princess who's been a thorn in my side for a ridiculous amount of time. Well, now I'm going to fight the Frost Beast again, but I'm going to need a bit of help this time around...and the only condition I have at the moment is, the item, the Essence of Steel, is mine. I already lost it once, even though I was the one who earned it, but I'm not letting another one slip by my fingers." She explained, saying the last part pretty sternly, for she wanted to make that clear. After all, she wasn't in the best mood, and she just wanted to get the essence, and be done with this day.

"Sounds messed-up" he replied to her. Crozeph knew too well what the Essence of Steel quest does, it was a surefire way to upgrade an item to a higher quality and he had two of it just a few months ago. Now a girl who seemed to have lost it because someone was being a nuisance. "I can help you with that, I have no need for the item. I just happened to have plans to visit someone but cancelled it in the last minute so now I have nothing better to do-" he pointed at the snow-covered field outside the settlement "we should get going, I hate walking on the snow at night."

Crozeph led the way despite knowing that the girl knew the area, it was just common courtesy and he wanted the girl to at least feel at ease. "What's your name?" he said as he walked "I rarely hear someone lose an item after a boss battle, you should be careful with your items next time. I may have been at the right time when you needed help but that won't always happen. In fact, it's rare." He scanned the path ahead just to make sure they don't run into a pack of wolves or direwolves. With the girl around, it would be hard to fight as efficiently as he can.

This player seemed to be willing to let her have the Essence. Good. "I'll be making sure you're holding to your word when the battle's over..." She warned, in case he had any funny business planned. The player remarked that he hated walking in the snow at night. Well, Dazia hated having to fight at night, it messed with her vision, so the two were at an agreement...of sorts. 

This player would lead the way, and Dazia let that slide for the time being. After all, being the youngest in a family often led to being all the way in the back fairly often...so she would have been willing to tolerate this anyway, as she was used to it...enough. The player then asked for Dazia's name. She hesitated. "I don't see why knowing my name would be so important...unless you're just making conversation...ok, fine, it's Dazia." 

The player would also remark about how players rarely lose an item drop after a boss fight, then suggested that she "be more careful with her items next time". Dazia's left hand shook a bit. "Being careful was my intention, but of course, there was that vengeful Princess, and then that blonde wannabe mage let a half-loss duel be the deciding factor of who got to keep the item, because it was 'fair'...honestly, letting me keep what I got from the boss would have been fair." She ranted. "And I had to hold my end of the bargain so Princess would spare my life." She growled. She then took a deep breath, she really didn't need to make her mood more bitter than it already was.

"Ok then, nice to meet you Dizzy" he said, completely unaware that he said her name wrong. It was normal for him, it's easier to remember people for him if he's the one giving names. It didn't turn out good sometimes but at least he isn't forgetful. "Yeah I don't have any use for that item, I'd rather have someone craft me a weapon of my preference than to get a steel that puts another enhancement or changes it." Crozeph got the loot item twice simply because of his katana "see this katana-" he opened his inventory and took out his three foot long [Lamina De Skadi - Alter]. A weapon that is identified as a katana yet its feature where more akin to some kind of an anti-infantry sword. "I've placed the item you on this twice simply because it had a unique enhancement. After than my next few weapons are either identified or crafted."

Dazia's story of how he lost the item was amusing for him to listen until she mentioned a wannabe mage which made him laugh as if he heard a terrible dad joke. "A mage?" he laughed again after saying it "oh man I wanna see that guy, watch him go Merlin in the battlefield. I've seen a lot of players do that and it's amazing" he showed her his left hand and made an insignia of a dragon "this happens when I try to cast support skills, I call it Dead Count Shapeshifting but it's all just fancy stuff" he told her. "Well a piece of advice, what's yours is yours so don't give it away. By that I mean if a mage made a sketchy way to determine who gets a loot you so deserve-" he returned [Lamina De Skadi - Alter] to his inventory "you stay away from them." 

"Dazia." She repeated, once the player got her name wrong. Did this mean he hadn't heard of her? Well, this could be good...until he hears those damn rumors. The player showed Dazia his Katana, and explained it in fair detail.

This player laughed at Dazia's story, primarily because of the wannabe mage, it seemed. "...Astralin is a girl." Dazia corrected. "Though, I wonder... Merlin...Astralin...they both...end with the same three letters." She realized. She then had a short laugh and said, "You know, in that case I actually think it would be hilarious if she had a Morgana to face." 

The player then made his suggestion. "Don't get me wrong, Astralin was trying to be peaceful, despite her mistake. I'm pretty sure I would have been able to keep the Essence if Princess hadn't shown up." Dazia responded. "She wants to kill me, after all. Not Astralin, Krysta...the girl I referred to as Princess. Ever since I fought for my life, she's blamed me for the death of her cousin and wanted me dead. Honestly, her cousin was long gone before I even tore apart that senseless husk."

It might have taken them a few hours to reach the destination

"Sounds rough" he told her nonchalantly as the wind blew stronger "I've had a lot of PK encounters so vengeful peeps are easy to run into here in Aincrad" he added. As they reach higher altitude just to look for a skull, Crozeph just remembered the last time he was here two twin guardians attacked him. He grabbed the hilt of his katana and keeps his eyes and ears peeled "having a Morgana face sounds terrible, people look at you and think you're a schemer right away."

"Meh, if the person was a senseless husk you could've just let them rot but then I don't know a lot about the story. You would've saved a lot of time without someone like Princess breathing down your neck with her revenge tendeci-" and there it was. Crozeph heard something coming and much worse they were so near to the area too. "All right Dazzle, maybe you didn't encounter this one but I defeated twin guardians before I got to the monster, and they're strong too." He looked before him and saw a figure approaching, a tall woman holding a spear. Her features where more akin to a frozen undead yet still retaining the features of a maiden. "What no twin today?" he uttered to which the maiden quickly dashed forward aiming at Crozeph's neck.

There was a flash of crimson red and black and the Frozen Maiden went past Crozeph who already pushed Dazia out of the way. His katana was also already unsheathed. A faint malevolent aura came out of the sword and Crozeph turned his head to Dazia smiling "well she's stunned, go get a hit in" he said as he pointed at the staggering Frozen Maiden. The Frozen Maiden gave a look of rage at him and soon enough her body began crumbling, eyes full of fury "looks like your twin didn't survive" he told her before the maiden exploded into fragments. "Now let's get going, we might run into another one or the twin."

ID: 186311 BD: 7+4+1= [success] CD: 10 [+3 EN]
Keen triggered [+1 BD on next turn]
Fallen proc [+6 base damage]
Crozeph dealt 275 damage to Frozen Maiden

Crozeph | HP: 1150/1150 | EN: 106/106 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | FLN: 1
Dazia | HP640/640 | EN: 62/62 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Frozen Maiden | HP: 0/200 | DMG: 60 [stunned]

"Are you hearing anything I'm saying?" Dazia asked, irritated. She was really tempted to slap this player, it might realign some of those scrambled brain cells. No, maybe slapping is too light, she should really punch this dumbass, but she didn't want to risk an unnecessary infraction. "Are you drunk? Sleep-deprived? Retarded?"

It wasn't long after those words, when a monster showed up. The player eliminated the creature, but he pushed Dazia out of the way like she couldn't handle it. While the player suggested that the two get moving, which was the obvious course of action, Dazia got up from the snow, straightened her gear, and glared at the player. "You didn't have to push me away like that, I can handle the typical monsters of this floor easily. Just...don't make me regret asking you to come along."

The frozen wastes were close now, so it wouldn't be long.

"Retarded is slow, am I slow?" he asked her "that thing could've grazed you but you told me you can handle them soooo-" he turned his head and tried to remember where the skull was. The instructions of the quest was pretty clear to him until now, strike some skull or skull-faced thingy and a monster will show up. They kill it and Dazia will get the essence of steel she needs. Clearer than fresh water, Crozeph sheathed his katana and scratched his head "not gonna lie, I'm quite sleep-deprived this past few days, it can make someone who is used to sleeping outside restless with the comforts of a cozy home" he told her.

As Dazia brushed off some snow and glared at him "there it is, the ferocity you can always see on players of-" he turned around and uttered a phrase soft enough for her not to hear "-your height." The eerie sound of the blowing wind may or may not covered it but Crozeph was just trying to lighten up the girl's mood with how she's pissed on doing the same quest again just because someone took what was hers before "you may have regrets but I do my job quite well so fair enough."

Dazia saw the skull in the distance, she knew what to do. The player Dazia was traveling with admitted that he'd been sleep-deprived for a few days, but blamed his environment. "Ugh, you almost sound like Galen." She muttered. The player seemed to remark on Dazia's Glare, but there was one thing he said almost inaudibly. Dazia didn't hear what he said, but she had a few guesses. "Were you about to call me short?" She inquired, her glare not fading. "You know what, forget it." She said as she turned around, and walked over to the bone and skull, proceeding to hit the skull with the bone, so hard that the bone shattered upon contact with the skull. Nevertheless, the target monster was awakened, and Dazia would draw her weapon, ready to fight. She charged up her sword art, and let loose her Sword Art, Over Radiation.

She missed.

ID# 186982 BD: 3+2=5(Miss)

Dazia: HP: 640/640EN: 60/62 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

Crozeph | HP: 1150/1150 | EN: 106/106 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | FLN: 1

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 250/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

Edited by Dazia

♪Breathe, breathe in the air...♪

Crozeph was singing when Dazia struck the skull and the beast appeared. "I don't know who Galen is but he sounds like a bucket" he told her. Crozeph watched as Dazia tried to attack the Frost Beas with her weapon. A clear miss, no amount of snowfall can cover that blunder and Crozeph shook his head while his arms are crossed.

"You gotta learn meikyo shisui, you hot-blooded shojo"

Crozeph told her, the japanese influence resurfacing as he looks at the Frost Beast who is about to attack them. "A clear and calm mind will not fail, especially when-" the Frost Beast lifted its arms and that was the cue for the samurai. Crozeph grabbed the hilt of of his katana, took one step forward. A slight tap of his right thumb to the tsuka of the weapon and quickly drew out is blade "Kenjutsu Muzou..." he uttered.

Multiple red lines appeared before him and pierced through the body of the Frost Beast as it also converged at the same second. A quick draw technique, it was clear enough that he landed the attack successfully and the beast shattered before him "...Kenzen Ichinyo."

As the fragments of data was swept away by the cold wind, an item dropped from it and landed on Crozeph's hand. The samurai quickly tossed it to Dazia "well, looks like you have your item now."

ID: 187082 BD: 8 + 4 = success | CD: 4
Fallen proc [+6 base damage]
Crozeph dealt 25 x 15 San Ge = 375 damage to Frost Beast

Dazia: HP: 640/640 EN: 60/62 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 48 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2
Crozeph | HP: 1150/1150 | EN: 94/106 | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | FLN: 1

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 0/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

The player would give his opinion on Galen, even though Dazia had muttered those words, and hadn't told very much about him, either. "I don't know about that, but I'll say he's convinced himself that he's always tired...sleeping for two years, I never thought it was even possible..."

When the battle began and Dazia missed, the player made several remarks that made no sense do Dazia. So many terms she'd never even heard of. He also had the nerve to steal Dazia's kill...but she could let that go since he held up his end of the deal by tossing the Essence of Steel over to her. "Now all that's left is to get back to the safe zone without running into any trouble." Dazia noted. "What was all that you were even saying, though? I was focused on planning my next move, so I didn't see any translations on whatever you were talking about." She added. She wasn't too knowledgeable on Japanese terminologies, anyway. She may be clever, but she didn't know that much.

"I can convince myself that I'm tired or sleepy too but that doesn't last long." Crozeph began taking steps with the intent of getting back at the settlement while at the same time protect Dazia from any danger "well Dozy, meikyo shisui is simply a state of being so calm like a still water, still enough to see your reflection clearly" he told her "and in that way you know where you're lacking and from there you can work out something good for yourself..." he thought hard for a second. "Well that was all I could learn from it after being scolded by a certain woman."

He wanted things to be better for the girl now that she has her item, maybe he could visit Mari after this and thoughts like that kept him preoccupied throughout their walk back to the settlement. Before they could enter, Crozeph turned around and reminded Dazia of something "I hope you take good care of what we got, I'll smack your head if you lost it again. Don't let other people talk you into agreements that makes you end up losing something."

Dazia? Calm as still waters? Like that's ever gonna happen.

"Do you know what else is still and capable of showing a reflection? Ice." Dazia remarked. "Sharp spears of ice that can pierce those who think they can get past me, or destroy me." She thought, unwilling to speak the rest of her opinion on the matter. "Who was it that scolded you? I'm actually curious to know." She asked after hearing the player's next words. The player told her not to let herself be talked into agreements that make her end up losing something. She needed to not laugh at this. "Did you seriously think I had a say in that matter? My hand was moved to the accept button against my will. It didn't count as a violent action, but at some point, there's gonna need to be some form of mild payback..." She explained. Hopefully it was crystal clear in this player's head, and he wasn't too tired or stupid enough to misunderstand it.

Crozeph burst out a short laughter and tried to hold it in only to fail and let out a laugh like he was some kind of puppy. "Ice? clear? pierces?"  he laughed again that some people in the settlement began looking at them. "That was a good one Daza but..." Crozeph lifted his index finger and pointed it at Dazia "ice melts and shatters, it's only strong at extreme temperature so in the end if the place isn't favorable to your ice spear..." he poked her forehead lightly "you'll still lose."

"Calm yourself and that will enable you to see your weakness and your enemy's weakness, even shady duels" he told her as he scratched his cheek. "The woman? yeah it was Ariel who scolded me, a woman born form a really nice family and trained in both eastern and western style of swordsmanship. With that I mean fencing and kendo, she's also a champion and made her family proud of her. You should take a few notes from her, Ariel's grace and boldness adds up to her beauty."

It seems that there was no way he can explain his point more clearly, Dazia got tricked and for that she needs to learn to smell something wrong a mile away.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out, Dazia had slightly muttered her thoughts, and this dumbass made a show of it. Agitated, she glared at him, hints of the infernal Wrath showing within. "I share no affinity with the element of water, unless it is a torrent that destroys. You think I haven't tried various methods? What you speak of may be foreign to me, but it changes nothing." She whispered to the player in a growling tone. She took a deep breath before listening to the next thing the player had to say.

This Ariel person who the player spoke of seemed to be held in high regards from his opinion... Dazia raised an eyebrow and had a smirk on her face. "Quite the description you gave there...tell me...do you like her?" She asked, hoping for a reaction. As far as she knew, high opinions of women, coming from men, especially if appearance was complimented, often came from feelings towards those women. It wasn't always the case, but she wondered if it was with this player here.

"Do I like her? no."
"Do I admire her? yes."
"Is she beautiful? yes."

Crozeph answered Dazia's question after her short growl at him about her methods. "It's hard to deny her looks and skills, also why would I lie?" he added. Ariel was quite capable back when they went on their first quest together. Now she's a well-known person in the ranks of the Frontlines and Crozeph may not be family to her, he is proud of what the lioness has achieved.

He gave her a reassuring smile "I'm sure you'll find new ways for that Dewy, maybe now is not the time for you to know about it" he told her "you also need to work on that wrath growing inside you, maybe mowing down monsters around who aren't players would help." As people began to appear with them drawing nearer the settlement, Crozeph tried to think of a way to pass the time before returning to his wife in one piece "Do you know a place where I can eat something different? I've been to the same tavern many times their roasted duck already got me wanting a different dish."