[SP-F4] Frost and Venom <<Essence of Steel>>

Krysta made haste to the Fourth floor of Aincrad, for she had need of something. She may already have one essence within her inventory, but she would need another in order to optimize this weapon she had bought from a merchant. She knew exactly where to find the Frost Beast, and now that she had witnessed how the creature was brought forth, she knew how so summon and challenge the beast. She had her gear ready, and a teleport crystal in case of emergency. She had a course of action, it was time to follow through with it. There was no turning back from her choice, so it was off to the tundra for her.

"All I need is one essence...that is all I need for this weapon now." She reminded herself. "This wondrous weapon in my inventory...I must empower it, now that I know I can. I shall not give up, now that I have started this."

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  35
HP:  700
EN:  70
DMG:  12(OHR Rank 5[+5], Yolviinsil[+6])

ACC: 1(Nightshade)

Paralysis: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

T2 Bleed: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Nightshade)

Mitigation: 54(Lumino Regalia, Lux Regalia)

Thorns: 36 Damage on successful enemy attack rolls of 6-8(Lux Regalia)

Recovery: Recovers an additional 2 EN on Natural CD rolls of 6-12(Lumino Regalia)

Battle Healing: Recovers 7 HP per turn

Equipment:

[T2]Nightshade(Rapier: ACC, PAR, BLD)[Equipped]

[T2]Lumino Regalia(Light Armor: 2 MIT, 1 REC)[Equipped]

[T2]Lux Regalia(Shield: 1 MIT, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

First Aid Rank 4

Battle Healing Rank 1

Extra skills:

Meditation[Unskilled]

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 3

Mods:  None

Krysta would make haste towards the place where the monster could be summoned, she had no time to waste if she was to do this right. 

Unbeknownst to Krysta, there was someone else near the location, seeing her enter the general area where the skull and bone were. "Hmm...I do wonder... Ehehe, maybe I could...nah, I shouldn't be that cruel...ehehehe...."

The player who had seen Krysta would move back for the time being, to watch this unfold, assuming that Krysta was after the frost beast...which, she was actually right.

Krysta would walk over to the skull, and she would remember the last time she was here. The encounter with Astralin and Dazia, Astralin's neutrality to the situation, How she had defeated Dazia, despite Astralin giving that monstrous murderer the means of remaining alive and escaping. She now understood that she couldn't blame Astralin for that, not that she did. Astralin knew hardly anything about the issue to begin with, so she must have found both sides of the story hard to believe.

Krysta found the bone, and would strike the skull with it. It was time to battle this creature, and she wouldn't be going easy on it, for there was really no need to do so. The player in hiding watched this battle unfold with anticipation. Krysta would toss the bone aside, and draw her weapon. The Frost Beast glared at her as if meeting an enemy they'd met before. How this just so happened to be a thing, Krysta could not tell. Whatever the case, Krysta would ready her weapon, and activate her most powerful Sword Art, known as Over Radiation. She attacked with considerable force that inflicted Paralysis and even the Bleed status ailment. "Regardless of whether or not you know of me from before, it changes nothing. If you have memory of me, surely you must know why I am here." She had one goal for this day, and it was to obtain an essence and leave.

ID# 185879 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 8(hit)

[Paralysis refrains Frost Beast from taking Action]

Over Radiation: 13x14=182

Bleed Damage: Frost Beast Takes 24 Damage

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 57/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 7 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 44/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

Edited by Krysta

The Player who was hiding saw the damage done, and how the Frost Beast was all but helpless against Krysta. The Frost Beast clearly didn't understand what Krysta had said, but if there was one thing it understood, it was how enraged it was at her. Krysta readied herself to attack once more, and once more, the sword art she activated would be her most powerful one, Over Radiation. The Frost Beast's HP would drop to zero, and it would shatter. Krysta had won the battle, and the Essence was now hers. Her goal had been reached, and it was time for her to head back to the safe zone.

The player who was in hiding seemed gleeful about what she saw. "Ah, yes...she may be challenging...but if she is, she'll be a worthy opponent...ehehehe....I'll surely win this one, anyway, it's not like she stands a chance..." She mused to herself.

ID# 185898 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed), MD: 8(hit)

Over Radiation: 13x14=182

Krysta: HP 700/700, EN 45/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 7 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD

Enemies:

Frost Beast: HP 0/250, 160 DMG, [Partial Phase]: <<Frost Beast>>'s attacks always deal a minimum of 24 DMG instead of a minimum of 1 DMG when calculating Mitigation. 

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would begin making her way back, but what she didn't know, was that she was being followed. She knew the route that she would be taking, she was heading right back to the safe zone, for she had other business to attend to.

The player who was watching was considering when to strike. She wasn't going to try and steal the essence, nor was she interested in killing Krysta. No, she just wanted to fight a better opponent.

"Now that I have the Essence, I must prepare myself to empower the weapon, so that I may rise above even further." Krysta thought aloud. "Leif...you will be avenged...That evil murderer will fall...Alex, I do hope you can understand...you see the good in others who I do not, and vice versa..." She continued as she reminisced. 

The player who was watching Krysta smiled, and rubbed her gloved hands together with glee. "Oh, she's got it all...someone she lost, someone she fights, maybe even someone special...?"

Krysta continued along the path, still heading to the safe zone.

The player who was in hiding continued muttering to herself. "Well now, maybe it's time I show my stuff, and show this one who the better girl is...and I can't wait to see her fall in defeat!" She failed to keep that last word entirely down, so she had to get moving, quickly.

Krysta stopped, sure she had heard something. She drew her weapon. "Is someone there?" She asked. "Where are you? Show yourself!" She demanded. She looked to her left, and to her right, even behind her. She had investigated the area where she heard the sound from, but she didn't find anyone, for the player who was hiding had already gone. Krysta sighed. "Perhaps it was simply my imagination." She then returned to walking along the fairly clear path back to the safe zone.

Krysta would stop in her tracks again when a young woman came into view. This young woman, who was the player that was hiding, was walking towards her. "Hello, who might you be?" The player greeted. "My name is Krysta...who are you?" Krysta responded, proceeding to counter question after she gave her answer. "Oh...you haven't heard of me yet? Ah, that's ok, you'll know of me now!" The young woman said with a wink. "I am Evelina!"

Evelina:

Spoiler

KRI4.jpg.c029fd55c93ee217435f8fe23866fe18.jpg

Edited by Krysta

This player seemed to be wearing an elegant battledress that seemed to be in the light armor category, quite regal, too. This sleeveless dress appeared to primarily purple in its coloring, had a V-neck neckline, and an asymmetric skirt. It wouldn't have been light armor if it wasn't for the leather on the torso area of this battledress. Regardless of the leather armoring's toughness, it was clearly surfaced by the soft, sleek kind of leather that gave off a sheen, and the rest of the dress was made from rather lustrous cloths that also shone in the sunlight. This player also wore fingerless gloves that covered the forearms, and a pair of wedges on her feet, not to mention what clearly looked unmistakably like a tiara. This obvious tiara was made of silver, and decorated with amethysts and aquamarines. Finally, to complete the outfit, there seemed to be a rose made from gemstones(clearly the detailed work of an artisan) attached to a necklace.

...Exactly who was this woman who seemed to be flaunting herself along with her introduction? Krysta could only blink twice at this, she didn't know how to properly respond to this, other than "Well then, pleasure to meet you, Evelina."

Evelina decided to get straight to the point. "You look like you're a pretty good fighter, and I've been hoping to test my skill..." She said as she pulled up her menu and sent a duel challenge to Krysta.

-Evelina has challenged Krysta to a duel!

Evelina's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  35
HP:  720(Base[700], Athletics[20])
EN:  70
DMG:  14(OHR Rank 5[5], Rosetta[6], Rapier Ferocity[1], Athletics[1])

ACC: 3(Venomous Fang, Amethyst Rose)

EVA: 2(Twilight Regalia, Amethyst Rose)

T2 Envenom(Offensive): Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Venomous Fang)

T2 Toxic Venom: Activates on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Active Consumable: Vyperian Venom)

T2 Envenom(Defensive): Activates on opposing natural rolls of 9-10(Twilight Regalia)

Vampiric(Offensive): Recovers 72 HP on natural BD rolls of 9-10(Venomous Fang)

Mitigation: 30(Twilight Regalia, Light armor Rank 3)

Equipment:

[T2]Venomous Fang(Rapier: ACC, Envenom, Vampiric)[Equipped]

[T2]Twilight Regalia(Light Armor: MIT,  EVA, Envenom)[Equipped]

[T2]Amethyst Rose(Jewelry: 2 ACC, 1 EVA)[Equipped]

Items:

[T2] Mitigation Crystal(+30 MIT) x1

[T2] Vyperian Venom(Toxic Venom) x5 x4 [Applied 1 to Weapon]

[T2] Sweet Tincture of Life(Restores 120 HP)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 5

Light Armor Rank 3

Charge Rank 1

Extra skills:

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 3

Survival

Mods:

Rapier Ferocity

Athletics

Edited by Krysta

Wait, this was happening a little fast. Was this woman talking to Krysta only because she wanted to fight? Krysta was a bit flustered at first, but she set the victory conditions to half-loss, nevertheless. "So you only wished to fight, then? Fine...but let this be a test of skill alone." She suggested. "Oh, like, we don't use any consumables?" Evelina asked, probably for clarification. Krysta thought for a few seconds. "Sure, we can do that." She decided. The players would then take their positions as the timer began to count down. Evelina pulled out a rapier, one that was dripping with poisons...perhaps it was the "Envenom" enhancement that Krysta had heard about. This was unlikely to be an easy battle, so Krysta could only hope that she could win against this opponent. The more battles she won, the more likely she was to overcome and Vanquish Dazia one day.

-Krysta has accepted the challenge, and set victory condition to half-loss

(Krysta)ID# 185955 LD: 14

(Evelina)ID# 185956 LD: 8

-Krysta has won the initiative roll, and will be going first

Edited by Krysta

The word <<Fight!>> Appeared between the two players, and then the battle began. Krysta would make the first attempt to strike. She readied her sword art, and her opponent would prove to be a swift one who would be more difficult to strike, as she would realize when her attack was dodged so easily. Krysta turned around, and her opponent would attack with her own sword art. While the venom did not reach her, Krysta still took a considerable amount of damage. She then felt a tingle in her ankle. She looked towards the area, but there was only a trail of snow that was burrowed under. The movement of the snow traced a pattern of movement made by... "A Snake!" Krysta realized. She didn't know if this snake was a monster or a familiar, but whatever the case, she would need to be ready for the next attack.

(Krysta)ID# 185957 BD: 4+1-2=3(miss)

(Evelina)ID# 185958 BD: 8+3=10(hit)

Over Radiation: 14x14-54=142 Damage Taken

Thorns Damage: Evelina takes 36 Damage

[Turns left: 14]

Krysta: HP 558/700, EN 68/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 7 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD (142/350 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Evelina: HP 684/720, EN 57/70 | 14 DMG | 30 MIT | Vamp(Recovers 72HP on BD 9-10) | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | T2 Toxic Venom | T2 Envenom (36/360 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta had to quickly and carefully plan her next attack. A cheery, soft smile formed on Evelina's glossed lips. "You haven't seen the worst I can do...but all it will take is a little poison!" She said with a wink and a giggle. Was there really any valid reason for Evelina to be flaunting herself this way? Is it a habit of hers, or was she possibly even taunting Krysta? Despite it all, the two players were currently dueling, and Krysta needed to take this time to attack. She managed to strike with Over Radiation before her opponent could continue flaunting, and Evelina would retaliate, also using Over Radiation. Both players jumped back, and Evelina seemed to be rather upset for being interrupted...though she quickly hid it under a smile and turned her focus back to the duel. Something wasn't right here...but exactly what could it possibly be? This was combat, not performance.

(Krysta)ID# 185960 BD: 8+1-2=7(hit), CD: 8(Recovered an additional 2 EN)

(Evelina)ID# 185961 BD: 3+3=6(hit)

Battle Healing: Krysta recovers 7 HP

Over Radiation: 12x14-30=138 Damage to Evelina

Over Radiation: 14x14-54=142 Damage Taken

Thorns Damage: Evelina takes 36 Damage

[Turns left: 13]

Krysta: HP 423/700, EN 58/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 7 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD (277/350 HP Depleted)

Opponent:

Evelina: HP 510/720, EN 45/70 | 14 DMG | 30 MIT | Vamp(Recovers 72HP on BD 9-10) | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | T2 Toxic Venom | T2 Envenom (210/360 HP Depleted)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta prepared herself to attack once more, and her opponent was ready to dodge...but if only her attempt to dodge hadn't become predictable. Krysta unleashed her most powerful Sword Art one more time, and would deal a well-placed strike against her opponent's predicted movement. During the attack, however, Krysta felt something, and it was something...off... The Duel ended, and Krysta was the victor of this battle. Evelina found herself unable to move, but once she was able to move again, she called out, "Rosetta!" As she held one of her hands out towards the ground. The movement in the snow made it to the hand, and a Viper emerged from the snow, proceeding to slither up her master's arm.

"I didn't think you would be one to have a Viper for a familiar, at first, but you should have told me you had one, or had it on you before releasing it to the ground before the duel. I could have mistaken it for a common monster." Krysta noted.

(Krysta)ID# 185962 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, Inflicted Paralysis and Bleed)

[Paralysis refrains Evelina from taking Action]

Battle Healing: Krysta recovers 7 HP

Over Radiation: 13x14-30=152 Damage to Evelina

Envenom(Defensive): Krysta has been poisoned!

Bleed Damage: Evelina takes 24 Damage

[Duel Ended!]

Krysta: HP 430/700, EN 58/70 | 12 DMG | 54 MIT | 36 Thorns | 7 BH | 1 ACC | 2 REC | PAR | T2 BLD (270/350 HP Depleted) Poison(Envenom): 4 Turns, 12 DMG VICTORY

Opponent:

Evelina: HP 334/720, EN 45/70 | 14 DMG | 30 MIT | Vamp(Recovers 72HP on BD 9-10) | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | T2 Toxic Venom | T2 Envenom (386/360 HP Depleted) Bleed: 1 Turn, 24 DMG DEFEAT

Edited by Krysta

Evelina chuckled. "I could have said similar about your little fire-breather there." She remarked. Krysta noticed that her HP was...still dropping? She then saw a status ailment symbol...she had been poisoned? "Why...how am I poisoned?" She muttered. "Ah, offense isn't the only way one can be poisoned. My Battledress here can poison attackers who land critical blows..." Evelina said with a snicker. "Oh...I...see?" Krysta responded, a bit confused. "Don't believe me? Well, it would have been worse if it was me who got the critical..." Evelina replied. Krysta wasn't too sure about that, but she'd dwell on that later. "I doubt either of us are in the best shape to go on alone. I was about to return to the safe zone, but did you have any other plans?" Krysta asked, offering to stay near her, for the sake of both players' safety, or at least until both players recovered from all damage and ailments.

Edited by Krysta

At first, Evelina wasn't sure about letting Krysta tag along with her, or vice versa...but she did have a point, and she'd also lost the duel. ...maybe there was something else she could beat this girl at... she suppressed a sinister grin as she thought about this. She might not have won this statistical duel, but maybe there was another way she could fight and win?

Krysta didn't see the suppressed grin, but she did look over towards the young woman. "We don't have to stick together if you don't want to, I'm just making a suggestion that will likely help us both." Krysta noted upon the apparent hesitation Evelina seemed to have. "N-no, I don't mind...I just didn't have many other plans for today, though I wanted to." Evelina responded. Yes, this will do nicely. She would be near the girl, ready to seek out a potential weakness, or something she can do to fight her without using her rapier.

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would begin traveling back to the safe zone, with Evelina tagging along. The walk was surprisingly quiet, but it was peaceful, too. When the two players arrived in the safe zone, the Town of Snowfrost, well...Krysta might not have had plans, but Evelina had an idea... The purple haired young woman  would form a snowball, for it was time to return to the more classic, and peaceful fights.

Krysta would stop suddenly as a snowball flew by her. "First to twenty hits wins!!" Evelina called out from behind. Ok, so this was how it was going to be. She made a dodge roll to avoid another incoming snowball, and she had to find cover so that she wouldn't get pelted while she was making her own snowballs. "So...you still want to fight? Fine then, we'll fight with these..." Krysta muttered, before she began forming a fair number of snowballs. 

Krysta only had to lift her head to find herself with a snowball to the face. She shook herself off, and would throw two snowballs in her assailant's direction. One would land on Evelia's shoulder, while the other would fly by her head. Krysta began to move in search of better cover, but she got hit with two more snowballs as she did so, and she retaliated equally. Krysta made her movements more erratic as to try and avoid being predictable, but when she found cover at last, she dove in, despite her leg being the landing spot for yet another snowball. Krysta had managed to land three so far, but her opponent managed to get four hits. Krysta began forming more snowballs, but she knew her opponent would be out to find her soon. "You can't hide forever!" Evelina called out. This was true, mostly because Evelia knew where she was.

Edited by Krysta

Krysta needed a plan of sorts, for her opponent was already in the lead. Then again, her opponent had the advantage of having first initiative to bring herself to the lead. Had she been planning this the whole time the two were walking back to the safe zone? Was this all some elaborate scheme to get back at Krysta somehow? No, it couldn't possibly be that bad, even for the tamer of a viper. Krysta tried throwing two snowballs above her without aiming, despite throwing them towards her opponent. ...She probably missed. She lifted her hand up, and pulled it back right after it got smacked with a snowball. Maybe she should try to catch it next time. Nevertheless, she got up, got the side of her face hit by another snowball, and she then threw the snowballs she'd made while she was behind her cover. She only managed to land three of the seven snowballs she threw at her target, on her target. The two times she hot hit while doing this didn't make it any better.

Krysta managed only six successful hits so far, but she had been hit by about eight snowballs herself. her opponent was in the lead so far and that was a problem at the moment. Not a dire one, but a problem nevertheless.

Some players and NPCs in the area stopped by to watch these two young women who looked like princesses duke it out in an old fashioned snowball fight. Honestly, at some point there could be some bets being placed, as to who of the two lovely ladies was gonna win.

Krysta would manage to form four, and when Evelina came and showed up at her cover, the two just tossed snowballs at each other in short distance. Both players threw all their snowballs, and both only managed to get three hits on their opponent. Three hits exactly. Now Krysta had managed to get a total of nine hits against her opponent, but Evelina had still successfully thrown eleven snowballs at her.

She needed to retreat, find new cover, and find better ways to get snowballs on her opponent and be hit by less. She would manage to find new cover, but it wasn't long into the attempt to reach it that snowballs would start flying again. She dodged all but one during this quick run to the next spot of cover. Krysta hastily formed some snowballs, but only six of the eight she tried forming were good enough to use. Krysta got up and let loose a barrage of snowballs, while her opponent would begin her assault as well. Four of Krysta's snowballs would manage to reach Evelina, the other two would simply clash with some of Evelina's thrown snowballs and fall. One of Evelina's snowballs, however, managed to strike Krysta. The two players were tied now, and the small crowd began betting even more. The scores were now thirteen to thirteen...

Evelina retreated to some other cover, giving both players the time to form snowballs in hopes of breaking this tie. The two players' familiars, throughout this whole snowball fight, simply watched their masters throw snow at each other, and they were unsure of what to do. Neither creature knew even the concept of a snowball fight, and thus could not come up with many options as to what they should do.

When the two had their snowballs formed, it was time for this impromptu battle to continue. Both players threw snowballs and did what they could to dodge the snowballs thrown by their opponent, and when both players retreated to their cover once more, Krysta had been hit by two snowballs, but she herself managed to land three on her opponent. She was now in the lead. Score of fifteen to sixteen. The bets were going up, as well as the tension in this snowball fight.

It continued, the throwing of snowballs and the dodging of each others' throws, and it was now the climax of this little snowball fight. Krysta had managed to form a much larger snowball, and she was surprised to find she had this much time at all...maybe Evelina had also formed a large snowball? No, she probably made a simple barrage. Krysta and Evelina managed to land enough snowballs on each other to even the scores to nineteen total each.

Then it was time for the big snowball. Krysta returned to her cover and picked up the snowball, one large enough to be a fragment of a snowman. She then threw it with both hands, hurling it at Evelina...who had also apparently had the same thought. Both players would be hit by the oversized snowballs, and it was clearly over... Both players got up, and Evelina looked to the crowd that formed(after straightening her tiara, of course). "Which one hit first?" She asked them. "They hit at the same time." One said. "I think it's a draw." another remarked. Well, it looked like that was the answer, then. "So we both won, then..." While this meant the small crowd would have to flip coins in order to get paid for their bets, it shouldn't be a problem for Krysta and Evelina...or so Krysta thought. Evelina came over to Krysta, and would whisper into her ear. "Listen carefully...this is far from over. In fact, from this point on, we are rivals...and I assure you, I will come out on top next time, Blondie..." She said, her whispers dripping with venom. She then left Krysta standing in the snow, surprised that Evelina had taken this so poorly...

Summary:

Krysta receives: 2 SP(1 Page completed[1], Quarantine bonus[1]), 400 Col, and <<Essence of Steel>>