[PP-F1] Hiraeth

The night before was the hardest to endure.

Kiluia returns from work to a silent home, a dejected fiancee, and two familiars cowering in the corner. Try as he might, but he couldn't spill a word from her. All he receives is a plead for some space and explanations for it later. He reluctantly obliges, and Haine spends her time seeking distractions. She's with Asmura, sprawled on the loveseat in her bedroom. There's something relaxing about watching her in her element, oblivious and at peace. It gives her some semblance of escape from her thoughts, idly sitting by and playing with watercolors. Her work lacks any inspiration, a series of ill blended splotches. Time ticks on and she spends the whole night tossing and turning.

Dawn breaks over the horizon, an acceptable time for somebody to be awake. She doesn't want to be alone with these thoughts anymore. She needs clarity and can't rest until it's ascertained. Her mind wanders to her dear friend Eruda. The woman confided in Haine, and through that they'd grown closer. The woman would be there to support her friend, that had been certain. But what had Eruda known of Haine's personal struggles? The bluenette kept those emotions under lock and key. They weren't appropriate to air around if she could sort through it with her own resolve.

That had been her perspective until it'd been too much to bear. She just needed an ear, somebody to confide in lest she act upon her own irrational judgments. The bluenette rubs her puffy eyes and yawns. A few swipes produces a menu and her friend's PM's.

Eruda. Are you busy? I need some advice. Can we meet when you're free?
- Haine

Spoiler

Name: Haine
Level: 73
HP: 1490/1490
EN: 146/146

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 79
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 4
BH:74
HLY:6
BRN:36
PHASE:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: HLY, BRN, PHASE
Armor: Mitigation 2, Evasion 1
Misc: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Searching [Rank 1]
First Aid [Rank 5]
Extended Mod Limit Rank 3 [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Energize [Obtained]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Fighter 3
Meditation

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Precision
Athletics
Purify
Barrier Rank 2
Field Medic
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Basic Training: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by Haine

It was early and Eruda was taking a break today. She found herself in a dessert shop sitting at a table eating Frozen Strawberry Yogurt. It was something that she had never tried before and today was going to be a day of new things. She needed it... A chime of her HUD gets her attention. It was Haine, her dearest friend that she could call a sister. Sending a message back saying where she was and that she could join her there, a chime of her HUD as the message was sent. She gets from her seat and gets another Frozen Strawberry Yogurt. After a moment she sits back down and starts eating hers again. She started wondering how Haine was doing. It had been a while and Haine had to yet heard the news about her and Raidou. It was all very exciting, but she would wait till her dear friend says what she had too. Hopefully she was okay and Eruda hoped that she could provide the information that Haine would seek from her... Whatever it was...

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 45
HP: 930/930
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 147
Evasion: -1
BH:37
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 4]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Protector (Rank 1)

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Edited by Eruda

Luckily, Haine doesn't need to wait long. A chime gathers her attention and she perks up. A set of coordinates attached near a location for Froyo seemed tempting enough. Haine fires back a message of confirmation at rapid speed. She swipes away her HUD and glances across the room towards the figure snoring peacefully under the covers. Asmura cuddles with the polar cub, arms squeezing around Mishka tightly. It was a peaceful sight to witness, and Haine didn't want to interrupt that. She slowly inches off the loveseat and tiptoes out of the room. She moves to the bathroom and tidies her appearance and makeup so she could at least seem half alive. Her unusually blotchy concealer makes it evident that she's in a rush or trying to hide a disastrous case of dark circles. She fixes her hair in a ponytail and throws on a comfortable pink tunic.

Moments later, she teleports to the Town of Beginnings. A flurry of blonde tufts catches Haine's attention at the rendezvous point. She notices her dear friend through the shop window, enjoying a cup of strawberry yogurt. The bluenette musters a half hearted smile and knocks on the window to call the woman's attention. She waves playfully and rounds the corner, stepping into the shop. Moving to the set of chairs, she pulls out the one across from Eruda and settles in. "Sorry to bother you so early, Eruda. Froyo for breakfast huh?" Haine crosses one leg over the other and places her palms on her lap. There's something off about her tone, like she's visibly out of it. A zombie that could definitely use some extra sleep.

A chime of her HUD and shortly after knock on the window next to her. It was Haine, she smiles back as she sits. Eruda pushes the frozen yogurt the got for her across the table as Haine spoke. "Oh, it's really okay. I was taking a break today anyway. Today is a day of trying new things." A deep breath and a bite of the froyo enjoying her treat. Paying more attention to Haine now. She seemed on edge, sad even. Setting her cup down now she scoots her chair closer to Haine around the table. Taking Haine's hands in hers now she looks into her eyes. There were tears in them, "Haine what's wrong, start from the beginning." It seemed that her day was going to shift but that was okay. It pained her to see Haine hurt and she wanted to be there for her in any way she could. Her grip tightens around Haines hands to show that all eyes were on her now. 

"Yeah?" Haine comments, absently. She's there in person, but physically, her mind is a swarm of these turmoils. She doesn't meet Eruda's eyes, gaze affixed at nowhere in particular. The dejected tone doesn't match her half hearted expression, and suddenly, she's too off guard to feel the way her eyes begin to well. It's like a haze, her inhibitions lowered from a lack of sleep. She brings her hands to the table and lays them flat. It's then that Eruda's keen senses catch on that something is amiss with her typically bubbly friend. She lacks that happy go lucky exterior, she's short of words. The blonde's hands clasp over her dear friend's. The gesture of kindness pulls Haine away from her foggy thoughts and towards the woman in front of her. Haine's teary eyes meet Eruda's and the sincerity in them. She's afraid of opening up with these thoughts, but she had to. She didn't know what else to do about her predicament.

Haine gulps and tries her best to blink back those tears, ignore the way that her throat seems to constrict as she finds it harder to breathe. "Eruda I..." She doesn't even know where to begin. "I'm so lost. I don't know what to do." Haine breaks the eye contact and looks down at her lap, hands pulling away. "I feel like I messed up I--" Haine's words die down as her brain short circuits.

Edited by Haine

Haine pulls her hands away like her herself was pulling away. Tears were dripping down Haine's face now and Eruda takes a deep breath. Eruda puts a hand to her cheek and wipes the tears from under her left eye. She puts that same hand under Haines chin and raises it up almost forcing Haine to look into her eyes. She was not going to let her friend break down. Haine had helped her rise at one of the illest times of her life and she would be that for Haine too. "You must of had a reason why you messed up. One doesn't just make a mistake without a certain reason behind it." Eruda pauses for a moment and takes her other hand wiping more tears from her face. "So Haine, I ask you. What was your reason?" Eruda still holding Haine's chin up and looking into her eyes with nothing but sincerity. She could remember a few times that she had messed up, but she always got back up and learned from them. With help they would all survive this... 

Haine sniffles and the tears begin to spill over. She casts a brief glance about the shop. It's empty for the most part, just these two and an NPC behind the counter, a permanent smile fixed to his face. He doesn't seem to have any care for the source of distraction. She feels her shoulders slouch a little more, relaxed at some semblance of privacy. A soft hand on Haine's cheek pulls her back to the moment when she'd just begun to pull away, almost hesitant to go on. Eruda's expression is reassuring and comforting, of full and undivided attention. Haine's tears spill onto the countertop and her breath is shaking. "What else could I have done?" Haine looks into Eruda's eyes and grabs her hand which was wiping her tears away. She holds it for a moment, not able to rationalize in the midst of her emotions. She just knows that holding Eruda's hand is comforting that moment.

"My sister. She was stuck there. Like me -- for years." Haine breaks into a sob. "I didn't think... she was going to ever make it." Haine shakes her head in disbelief, her shoulders shaking. "She's back and I feel for her. Everything's changed. Everything." Haine's head hangs low and she stares at the cup of melting yogurt. In a good mood, she would've stolen a few bites of that cup already, like a kid in a candy store, excited to try it all. "I was honest with her, but I pushed her away."

A weird feeling crossed over her. She thought about what Freya had told her. Where she was trapped for years that couldn't be taken back. All that time she just thought that Freya had abandoned her for that Rin kid. When she got that nagging feeling that Freya was in trouble, she knew that was no longer the case. Her no contact had a reason to it and a dam good reason. 

Eruda's chest got heavy just thinking about this. It was time that she revealed something that might help... Eruda's eyes narrowed a bit as she spoke, "Before this game, and during our youth ages, Freya and I were inseparable. High school began and Freya became detached from me and left me to be the sky girl that everyone made fun of. When SAO came around, we became close again and promised each other that nothing would happen to either of us as long as we were together." Eruda takes a hard breath as she explains, "Freya met a guy and completely vanished from my existence. I got so mad at her that I decided that if she ever came back that I would push her away and keep it that way..." A small tear fell down Eruda's face now. "I hated her so much because I thought that she just left me again like before and broke that promise we made..." Eruda took a deep uneven breath now as another drips down her face. "When I found out where she had been... What she had gone through all in the same time that I was hating her... I broke down..."

Eruda takes a moment to gather herself. What was done was done and there was no changing the past. Eruda was still not over this even though her strength would show otherwise. She began to wonder if the cavern that Raidou found Freya was something similar to where Haine and her sister were trapped. So that was why Eruda never saw Haine around...

"Making a life for yourself, here is nothing more that you trying to move past the pain, not a replacement... You deserve to be happy too, and if you mourned on your sister never coming back than that would have never happened. All you can do now is keep trying to make her see that and that alone... Stay with her and let her know that you still care. She will need that more than anything. I know Freya did when she first got back..." 

Her lips quiver after an earnest confession. She isn't one to wear her heart on her sleeve. For every burden she faces, all she knows is to suppress. Her priority had always been to protect her loved ones, give them her all and remain close. She was the comforter, the protector, and she wouldn't have that any other way. A middle child feeling lost among her siblings, being the mediator was almost a task that naturally fell on her. Opening up felt therapeutic, though dangerous as her grip of these emotions loosened. She swallowed hard to fight a sob as these burdens pulled into her consciousness. It's then that Eruda begins, to pull Haine away from this mess, hopefully to give her some clarity.

The bluenette's head hangs low, blue bangs framing her eyes like a curtain. She listens to the other's experience, and as time went on, she clicked the pieces in her head. She thought it almost eerie how similar their experiences aligned, near identical though Haine hadn't divulged the details. It was a hypothetical side of Ruri's perspective, emotions of a sister who felt betrayed by another. Over some guy, though maybe she hadn't been present to witness the other's plight. How could she have possibly known?

Haine's head slowly raises from her lap, eyes searching Eruda's as they tear up. A drop or two falls onto the counter as she pours out her past, and for that, the woman feels a sense of comfort, similarity. They both had their demons. The advice ends on a brighter note, open ended, though leaving room for more questions in Haine's head. "Making a life for myself," she comments, a rasp in her tone from straining her voice. "My life here was those two." Haine feels a tear tickle the corner of her lip and wipes it away with haste. "My siblings."  She never mentioned her brother to anyone, it never came up. She didn't like to dredge up the past. Keith would be gone and she was already accustoming herself to the harsh reality. But to lose them both? She would've fallen apart if Ruri didn't come back.

"If or when Ruri forgives me, I'll be there for her." Haine thinks of this mess. The girl had always been territorial over her sister, out of a fierce sense of protection and belonging. "But how? How can I make her see this from my side? She has every right to assume the worst of me." The woman pushes her bangs back to have a clearer view of Eruda.

Edited by Haine

Eruda wipes the wetness from her eyes. It was a similar topic from her past that she was trying to forget and move passed. Maybe she would need to have that conversation with her own twin after all...

She was trying to understand all the details so that she knew the right things to say. Haine also said -my siblings- and though it was confusing, one thing at a time. "You said you and Ruri were stuck, but you are here. Where has she been? Who found her... You guys?" Eruda knew from Freya's capture that Raidou had found Freya in that cave from what she was told by her. She really wanted to help Haine because seeing her in so much pain, it made Eruda sad. "I want to help, but I feel like I need the whole picture. Anything you say to me will stop with me Haine. You can trust me. Just breath and try to remember..." Looking into her blue eyes with her own light blue, she let her know that this was a safe place. That she could talk freely without fear of someone else knowing.

Then comes the questions. With Haine's inhibitions lowered, she doesn't seem to care about spilling her thoughts as much. Would Eruda mind this side of Haine? It might have come across as whiplash, unsolicited airing of her grievances. Haine props her chin against her palm and lets out a ragged sigh. She somehow manages to stifle an outburst. The conversation seems to placate these emotions, therapeutic in a way. "This won't make sense to you, but I'll try to explain." Haine sniffles her runny nose and wipes it with her sleeve.

"We were in this... cave? We were trapped and these things---" Haine tilts her head and tries to piece together her words. "These creatures attacked us. The last thing I remember is Raidou and Kiluia finding me." It was traumatizing to think of the dark, of the sounds of things skittering while she was trapped in some cocoon, unable to breathe or move a limb. Her consciousness slowly fading, suspended for what felt like an infinite amount of time. She willed her brain to shut down, and finally, it did. When she awoke, the world didn't stop for her to play catch up. She's still afraid of the dark, the sound of eerie skittering playing in her mind whenever she was left alone in it. "Kiluia and Ruri were trapped too, but we found Ru much later." She feels her nose running again and fishes for a napkin in her inventory. She blows her nose loudly and sniffles.

"We found her, but she was trapped in a coma for almost a year. We didn't think she'd make it but Raidou---" Haine's eyes begin to well up. "He saved her. I owe him my life." She did. He was a virtuous man to go through such lengths to help a friend. After the news of her sister's coma, the woman couldn't rest. She pushed everyone away in her grief, feeling responsible for what happened to her. If only she'd been strong enough to protect her. If only she could break her out of this spell. Raidou was perceptive, read her mind like a book. After much convincing, she let him shoulder her pain. All of the responsibility of seeing to her survival. She hadn't known what went on behind the scenes, but she knew he was working hard. Week after week, researching cures to save her until one lucky vial did the trick. Were it not for him, would she have ever woken up?

Edited by Haine

Listening to Haine and hearing Raidou's name... Eruda's heart sunk just a bit. She knew he was a private guy, but all this time she never once heard Ruri's name come up. Why would it though. Everything that Haine has said has panned out. The reason why she never saw Haine or Kiluia around up until just recently. How Raidou knew how to find Freya, he had been to that same cove once before for them. Were the other two in a comatose state when Raidou found them too... Freya was... Raidou was a very busy guy... 

Eruda gets from her seat and grabs a few coffee's them. Sitting back down, she pushes the second coffee to Haine. "Did Raidou know Ruri before this all happened and how did Raidou save Ruri besides the obvious. How is she awake after all this time?" Eruda knew that these questions might be to up front, but she really wanted to know. She really hoped that after this conversation that she could help Haine ease some of the pain she was feeling. She also hoped to god that she Haine would still want to be her friend after all this... She hoped that Haine wouldn't be mad at her...  

A moment of silence lingers, though not uncomfortable. An exchange of eye contact and some time for them both to absorb the situation, the information exchanged. Haine uncrosses her legs and they dangle off the tall chair. She swings them about to give herself something to do. There's a slight fidget to her posture, a way to release her anxiety. Haine's stomach growls and squeezes, loud enough to break the silence. Eruda takes the moment to stand up and excuse herself to order some coffee for them. A moment later, she returns with the usual flavor they often have. "Thank you." Haine wasn't hungry or thirsty. Her stomach twisted and turned from her own worries and overpowered any lingering hunger until her body tried to work against her. She needed to raise her sugar levels so she wouldn't feel so nauseous anymore.

Haine swirls the cup of her favorite latte, staring at the pretty heart shape drawn into the center. The delicious smell causes her mouth to water, spiking her appetite. She brings the cup to her lips and takes a small sip. The warmth of the drink soothes her dry throat. Eruda continues, and Haine's attention perks at the question. She sets the cup down, a milk moustache above her lips. "She always followed me, she was bound to meet him." Haine swirls the drink with her straw, watching the milk mix with the coffee. She sighs. "But I don't think Ru and Rai were that close."  She releases the straw and looks up at Eruda. "But I'm sure he wanted to help me as a friend. As a leader of the guild." A momentary pause and she comments with a half hearted chuckle.

"To think this could all be solved with some potion."

Edited by Haine

Eruda couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Potions of course. If anyone could find the perfect blend, it would be him." Eruda paused for a moment, thinking. Something didn't add up... "Raidou most likely spent his nights working on this and most days trying to figure this out." Thinking out loud now she looks to her cup and swirls her straws in the liquid. "He may have done it because he knew how much it would mean to you alone if he were to figure it out. But I feel like there is something more to it..." Pausing again, she thinks about that day that she spent with Raidou. He was full of passion and excitement and it was a side of Raidou that she thought was long gone up until their date. "Was there ever any times that Ruri wasn't with you, maybe they hung out without you knowing... I mean Raidou is a very secret person as you already know." 

The tears for the most part from them both had stopped, but she knew that Haine was still hurting. This entire conversation hurt, but she would help push through this knot that they were both feeling...

One particular line sticks in her memory, about many days and nights spent in efforts of a cure. "Probably," Haine adds, with a weak smile. Eruda had a point. He worked hard, carried an entire guild under his leadership. She was proud of him for coming this far, for growing from the cryptic, anxious being he was. She missed a good chunk of the ride, seeing the guild grow along with his presence. She just had a feeling it was monumental. He would've worked hard to protect most anyone under the wing of this guild, even if Haine were somebody else. He was just too virtuous.

But then again.

She looked into it more. It'd been a whole year and he always kept her posted on his experiments. This was far too much effort and sacrifice for what it was worth if he were truly doing some good deed. Either he had some connection to Ruri she was oblivious to, or he deeply valued their friendship. She squeezed the cup and furrowed her brows in thought. Haine took another sip of the coffee and nursed it in her lap. "I'm really not sure. If they did spend time without me, I wasn't informed." Her emotional state stabilized, the tears having long dried. All that remained was her expression, zapped of its usual energy. She spaced out, short of words. Thinking of nothing in particular besides how fried her brain felt.

Eruda watches as Haine started to almost drown in her sorrow. No tears, no feelings, just numbness. Eruda knows that look. She was in that state just months ago for almost 2 weeks straight. She gets to her feet and walks behind Haine and rubs her back softly with her hand. "I think you need to rest. I think it will do you some good. I'll take you to my shop." Haine just nods as Eruda helps her to her feet and walks her out of the dessert shop. The cups left on the table where they sat.

Arriving at Eruda's shop she unlocks the door and leaves Haine at the doorway for a moment. She takes a small amount of time to move some things around and sets two bedrolls in the corner for comfort. Walking back to Haine she helps her to the bedding. Eruda sits in the corner spot and ushers Haine to come lay down. Eruda laying Haine's head on her lap with a pillow between. Pulling a comforter over them both, one that she had made herself. Eruda sits still with Haine's head on her pillowed lap now. Placing a hand on her back, as she gently rubs it till Haine falls asleep from exhaustion. 

Eruda would let her sleep a bit, it was probably well needed. Feeling like she did was exhausting... Eruda ponders the conversation that they had/ Thinking about the words that Eruda would say when she woke...

She's barely coherent at this point, slipping into the comfort of a tired haze. She stares at nothing in particular and feels her eyelids droop. She doesn't notice Eruda standing up until she places a palm on her back, soothing it affectionately. Haine jumps, blinking wide as she snaps back to reality. "I'm really sorry." Her reply is soft and raspy, barely audible as she turns her head around. Her eyes meet Eruda's which are fortunately understanding. Haine accepts the invitation with a nod nonetheless, letting the woman help her up to her feet. Their cups of coffee are half full and long since cold.

Haine steps into the shop, but for the most part she takes in nothing. Just beige walls and a blur of furniture and fabrics as she leans against Eruda. She steps into the room and sinks against the wall, taking a seat on the floor while the other fixes the bedding. Moments later, she's helped to it and tucked in, head laying on the blonde's lap. She tries to fight for consciousness, blinking to no avail as the feeling of her back being soothed relaxes her. An airy "thank you" is all she manages before her head lolls to the side, fatigue taking over. She's finally reached that point of exhaustion where she can't process anything, just the feeling of her consciousness slipping out. The room goes dark and she drifts away.

Moments later, the woman's consciousness returns. A dark blue filters through the room, a soft light illuminating her skin. She tilts her head to the side, stretching her limbs. She yawns and wills her eyes wide open. A glance at the window reveals it's already late at night, with nothing but the moon's soft shine to illuminate the room. She groans and tosses to her side, laying there a moment. She stares at the closet, her mind drawing a blank. Her head is empty as she basks in that fleeting moment of peace before she feels unsettled. It's dark.

Haine feels her skin crawl and her heart lurching in her chest. She hates it here. She can hear those sounds in the dark again, a skittering from behind her. She shoots up and gasps, head whipping to each side. She sees... nothing. She knows there's nothing. But she's afraid even still. She always keeps some sort of night light at home. She hates the dark, hates sleeping alone. "E-Eruda?" She calls out. She hears nothing but a sound of shuffling from the distance. "Eruda?!" A little louder this time, pulling the covers tight around her. It's that feeling like she can't breathe, no matter how hard she fights for air.

Edited by Haine

Eruda was sitting there for hours making sure that Haine stayed asleep. The window edges turn dark as the sun set. Eruda decides that she needed to grab some food. She slowly gets up as Haine shifts for a moment with a small disturbing noise. Eruda rubs her back as she fades back into slumber. Eruda walks into the other room and kneels to one knee in front of Raserei. "If she wakes you go to her okay," she says in a low voice. Raserei tilts her head a bit with a small coo. Eruda gives her a pat on the head and steps out to grab food for the two. She would go to her sister for this favor.

The moment that Haine starts calling Eruda's name, Raserei perks up and at first though it was Eruda. Peaking around the corner in the dark and not seeing her owner, she looks to the corner. Haine was pushed up in the corner almost hyperventilating. Raserei puts her head low and ears go back. Walking slowly to the female, she had seen a few times before now, Raserei was much larger than when Haine last saw her. She was full grown now but still the passionate pup she was before. Raserei licks Haines hands and then presses her nose under a hand to force Haine to pet her. She pulls Raserei into a hug after she realized who the doggo was.

A few minutes later Eruda walks in seeing Raserei laying on Haine's lap getting pets. Eruda smiles as she brings in freshly made steaks with mashed potato's. Orange juice in her arms. She sets the dishes on the floor. "I didn't know when you ate last so I had Freya make us something. Please eat, you need to." Eruda sits on the floor next to Haine about a foot away and holds the plate out to her.

Haine's frozen with the covers wrapped around her. Her suspicions heighten at the silhouette of a large wolf at the corner of the room. As the animal tentatively approaches, she squints, peeks up from under the blankets. She can hardly recognize the silhouette of a wolf until it approaches, licking her hands affectionately. The presence of some other life is reassuring, calms her down a little more. She's still on edge, trying to recover from it, hands skimming over the animal's fur. She leans in and distinguishes its features, drawing the lines. "Ra...serei?" The wolf's ears perk at the sound of its name. "It is you." She sighs a ragged breath. "How big you've grown. Do you remember me?" As if to confirm her question, the wolf crawls into her lap and lays down. The warmth and the feeling of a rhythmic heartbeat relaxes her and she wraps her arms around them.

Moments later, the blonde woman approaches, platter of food in hand. The light switches on and she feels an instant weight off her shoulders. Her frame relaxes and she gives a nod of acknowledgement. The platter is set on the floor and Haine frowns. She doesn't have the appetite. Even the smell of steak is lackluster to her depressed state. "I..." she starts, though her reasoning falls flat. It's incredibly rude to reject something as a guest when offered it. She smiles and looks reluctantly at the plate. "I guess I'll have a little." She pats Raserei's butt as if to get it to move from her lap and brings the plate close. She takes the glass of juice and sips, setting it down on the floor. "I'm sorry for the ruckus," Haine admits, earnestly. "I'm just afraid of being alone in the dark." A move to the plate of food, she scoops small portions and chews them slowly. There must be some magical property in them to recover her appetite. A well crafted blend of spices and textures melt in blissful harmony. Haine closes her eyes and hums. "This is... really good."

She feels a bit better seeing Haine eat. "Freya made it, she says Hi." Eruda takes a few bites of her meal. It was clear that they were both hungry. The freshly made orange juice even hit the spot. It was nice...

After a few minutes, Eruda gets done with her meal. Setting the plate on the floor to the side she looks to Haine as she stretches her legs out. Raserei moves and sets her head across Eruda's legs. "Raidou seems like the type of person that will put his heart and soul into everything he does. More so if it is someone that he cares about." Eruda takes a deep breath before continuing letting her meal settle in her tummy. "I am sure that he didn't help get her out of death's door just to have you guys fight." Eruda thinks to the many fights that her and Freya had before saying, "Sisters can be difficult and over tempermentle at times but they are your family. You tried to move forward with your life and left the hard stuff to Raidou and knowing him, he was glad to take that burden from you. You moved forward, yes, but you never forgot about her. You just couldn't do anything helpful for her. Raidou could and he did." Taking another sip of her orange juice with a small hum. "You need to make sure she knows that. You got a second chance with your sister and so did I because of Raidou. Don't waste it. Miracles only happen once in a blue moon Haine." Eruda eyes meet Haine's blue to blue with compassion, with a smile of gratitude painted on her face.