[PP-F9] Carry on, Through the Flames <<Gatekeeper of Fire>>

He had been needing to do this for a while.

Vigilon had managed to hear that there was an item that could replace one enhancement with a unique one, but figures, it was a quest that was the frontlines' level, so he'd heard. The third tier...on the ninth floor. He never expected such a thing. Regardless, he really wanted that enhancement. He now had the skill he needed to have immunity to the environmental effects, but he needed allies.

The ninth floor, in such a case, would need to have some Tier three players around, if he was gonna ask for a carry like this. He was close, but not quite, to level fifty. He still had six levels to go in order to reach the third tier...maybe he was just the right level for a carry like this. Whatever the case, he wandered the settlement, hoping to find some players willing to help him get that item. He didn't know if it was last hit or anything, but it was his chance, and he was gonna need some help.

@Lessa @Crozeph @Alkor

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  44
HP:  880
EN:  98(Base[88], Energist[10])

Damage: 15(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6], MA Ferocity[1])

MIT: 48(Silver Night[36], LA Rank 3[12])

ACC: 2(Leather Strikers, Dragon's Eye)

EVA: 2(Silver Night, Dragon's Eye)

Equipment:

[T2]Leather Strikers(Accuracy, Bleed, Paralyze)[Equipped]

[T2]Silver Night(Mitigation[2], Evasion)[Equipped]

[T1]Dragon's Eye(Accuracy, Evasion, Loot Die)[Equipped]

Items:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Energist

Gatherer

Searching Rank 2

Light Armor Rank 3(+12 MIT)

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Meditation

Survival

Mods:

MA Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Martial Arts)

MA Finesse Rank 3(-3 EN cost when using MA Sword Arts)

Edited by Vigilon

Soot, lots of it and it's an inconvenience

Crozeph was back here again, Floor Nine, a floor where he tried farming the phoenix feather like it can be puked out. It was also the place where he spent time with Yuki for the first time as party member for a quest. Reminiscing this memories was quite fun, he wasn't expecting to have a lot of fun times now. Ever since his guild hopping days ended, Crozeph spent his time being part of a guild, with Yuki, and even duel with Night. Now he's back to where a new chapter in his life started, not expecting anything, just the usual free roaming he's doing.

Oh let's not forget this is where Hidden got clapped by the evolved Cerberus but lived to tell the tale, he even saw the bad blood slowly forming between her and NIGHT.

His usual garb was quite good as camouflage for the floor. A black cape over his shoulder, his Meiji-era aesthetics clearly seen on his clothes, and on his side a katana strapped and is ready to be unsheathed for danger. "Now I wonder what this place has for me today, I have a lot of time to kill. Maybe I could try something like teaming up again with random players."

Cro icon.jpg

Crozeph [Level 56]
  | HP: 1150/1150 | EN: 106/106
  | ACC: 4 | DMG: 19 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 45
  | FLN: 1 I REC: 1 | BH: 30 | LD: 1 | Keen: 1

Total SP: 252
  Allocated: 252
  Remaining: 0

** Rank 3 Merchant - The Night's Watch
** WARNING: Mitigation cannot fall below 0!
**Kumatetsu Statue +1 base damage

Hide contents

[Equipment]

• Dun Scaith Revenant [T3 Perfect]
    -- Fallen +1 

-- ACC +1
    -- Keen +1 
    -- "A sword is meant to kill, be it in defense or not. So the wielder must know the pain it causes when holding it in battle." Forged within the Land of Shadows, it has been used by its ruler, deemed powerful enough to gain her approval of its existence. The katana is imbued by the fallen souls of where it has been made. It sports a barbed hilt, with its edge split into two colours; a steel as black as night on its dull front, and a blood-red streak on its sharpened end. Repeated uses are required of its user to hone the blade's accuracy in battle. It is said to have brought madness to its previous owners -- if not insanity, then an ecstacy for the thrill of the kill.
  • Cloak of the  Evening Bells [T3 perfect]
    -- MIT +1

-- EVA +2
    -- 
    "Once worn by a king or a monarch, whichever it was it doesn't matter for anyone who dons this cloak is tasked to take the head of anyone who dares to cross the line and kill, be it humans or monsters." A black cloak with fabric at the collar. It is worn to cover the dominant hand of the wearer and put up an air of monarchy. It can also serve as a protection against attacks though not as efficient as heavy armor but boast its lightweight features to add speed to the wearer.
  • Ars Paulina
    -- Recovery +1

-- ACC +2
    -- 
    Description: "There is a time for everything and to that there is also an end but there is no need to fret for it is to be accepted." A pocket watch made by a powerful mage who possesses ten rings. This silver watch has no intricate designs outside yet its structure inside is powerful enough to restore energy and even make time dilate making its user see things slightly slower than the usual. 

[Battle-Ready Inventory]

• Blessed Marble [+1 EVA +1 Life-Mending]
  • Regis Arma: Skadi Alter T2 [FRZ/BRN/ACC]
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Dimensional Backpack: katana?

Skills

Hide contents
Spoiler
  Hide contents

Mod Count: 4/8

1. Katana | Passive | RANK 5/5
    > Finesse R3 -3 EN on SA > Precision +1 ACC
  2. Light Armor | Passive | RANK 4/5 
    > Athletics +1 base damage I +(10*Tier) HP
  3. Battle Healing | Passive | RANK 3/5 [+27 HP regen]
  4. Curved Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  5. First-Aid | Active | RANK 5/5
    > Field Medic > Barrier R2
  6. Extended Mod Limit | Passive | RANK 3
  7. Hiding | Passive | RANK 1

[Extra]

• Survival | Passive I +15 Regen OOC
  • Meditation | Active I +10 EN
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter | Passive | RANK 3/3 +6 base damage

Misc. Buffs

Hide contents
  •  Relaxed | Passive | House buff
    >  
  • 2 weeks later...

"Gatekeeper of Fire," Lessa read aloud, studying the new quest prompt. The popup had populated in front of her face without warning, nearly startling a squeak out of her. She had never even heard of the quest, let alone received a request to take it. I guess this is what I get for avoiding the ninth floor like the plague. The ninth floor had volcanoes. Volcanoes were hot. Lessa hated hot.

She had half a mind to simply reject the proposal and run back to the teleportation gate. The shop she had visited had been a bust, so what other reason did she have to remain on the hellish floor? But something about the unknown quest intrigued her. Besides, what else did she have planned today? Bahr and Baldur, her go-to quest partners, had likely already taken this one (it seemed that they had taken them all). Maybe someone else from Tarot? Of course. If there was anyone who hadn't already completed Gatekeeper of Fire, it was the guy who had lost a few years to the void.

Pausing, Lessa composed a quick message to Alkor, sharing the quest details with him, and inviting him to join her.

Spoiler

Name: Lessa
Level: 65
HP: 1390/1390
EN: 130/130

Stats:
Damage: 19
Mitigation: 126
Evasion: -1
Accuracy: 3
BH:41
THRNS:54
H.M.:1
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Arcturus (T3/Perfect/2HSS): Damage 3
Armor: Galaxy Armor (T3/Perfect/Heavy Armor): Thorns 2, Heavy Momentum 1
Misc: Neutron Star Necklace (T3/Perfect/Jewelry): Accuracy 2, Recovery 1

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
Howl [Obtained]
Fishing [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Battle Healing [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Familiar: Protector
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Ferocity
Athletics
Finesse (Rank 3)
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*5
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:
Helping Hand: Lowest-leveled guild member receives +2 bonus SP at the end of the thread. At least half of the thread's participants must be guild members. Limit one use per month, per character. [1/1]

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

As Lessa surmised when she'd sent the message, Alkor hadn't completed the quest she contacted him about. When he glanced over it, he muttered something about how the Ninth Floor just couldn't seem to leave him alone. Then he replied. 

>Lessa

Lessa: I got a hot tip about a quest. It's on floor 9. That's why its hot.
Alkor: I should have stayed dead. 
Lessa: Are you in or not?
Alkor: I'll head that way now. Meet you at the teleporter.

The exchange between them lasted no more than two minutes, maybe three minutes, and they were in total agreement. Alkor activated the teleporter and made his way to the Ninth floor, then looked around for Lessa. True to form, she didn't stray far from the designated meeting place. Finding her turned out to be the simple part. Next came the more difficult portion- they'd seek out the Quest. He started to speak up when he eyed a guy dressed like a Historical Otaku. Alkor tilted his head slightly. "Well, there's something you don't see everyday," he mused before his eyes found the Guild Leader once more. "Is it just us?" he asked. It seemed like overkill for two higher leveled Players to do a quest on floor 9, unless there were something about it he was unaware of.

But he'd let Lessa fill in the gaps.

Spoiler

Alkor level 51

1050/1050 HP 115/115 EN

15 DMG/12 MIT/3 EVA/4 ACC/24 BLT

Blightsteel t3 Demonic CS [2Damage/1Blight/1Cursed]

Cowl of the Wandering Warrior t2 Perfect Light Armor [3 Evasion] 

Eye of Osiris t1 Perfect Trinket [3 Accuracy]

r5 Curved Sword 

r3 Light Armor

Athletics

Precision

r3 Finesse

r3 Fighter Familiar

Survival

Extended Mod Limit

Finding tier three players to help him out would probably be difficult. Like, aside from that scaling quest he'd heard about, and the quest he'd needed to take, exactly what would possibly bring tier three players to a place like this? Most players that were of the third tier might already have full parties, or might not be willing to carry him...but maybe there was someone who was? Well, he'd have to find them fast, 'cause even with the survival skill, this place was worse than a sauna in terms of temperature. He wandered throughout the settlement, but eventually he decided it would be best to wait near the teleport gate. "What was I thinking, anyway? Wandering the settlement when tier three players are rarely on the tier one floors?" Vigilon thought.

When he reached the area near the teleport gate, he saw three players. One seemed to have the Meiji aesthetic, judging by his apparel. One had a cowl, and the third was a female player wearing armor. If they were tier three, this might be his chance. Well, only one way to find out. 

He walked up to the two who may be a party of two already. Hopefully, he wouldn't be interrupting something important. "Excuse me, are you two tier three? I've been hoping to take on a stronger form of a certain boss, as to get my hands on what it drops, but the problem is...well, it's a tier three monster, and I'm only level forty-four. I'm hoping to find some tier three players who could help me out there..."

@Lessa @Alkor

@Crozeph

"Just us," she confirmed with a quick nod. "Though maybe I should look for a partner who appreciates my puns." Pausing to give him a quick wink, just in case he actually believed her, Lessa pulled up her HUD. "So here's what I've got." After jabbing her finger at a few different buttons, the quest was whisked away to Alkor. Sharing the quest was easy enough, and she gave him a brief minute to read over it. "It shouldn't be too difficult, especially with us being higher levels. I know floor doesn't always equal difficulty, but that's generally been the case, so I'm willing to bet this one won't give us much fight." Her blue eyes danced across the words as she re-read the quest text for herself. "Sounds like a standard tank and spank, so-"

The arrival of the other player startled Lessa, and it took her a moment to fully digest what it was he was asking. When he finally did, she gave him a nod, and then a smile. "Hey, yeah, we're both tier three. I'm level sixty-something, and he's level fifty-something. I think." Recognizing her uncertainty likely did not reassure him, she forged ahead. "I'm up for some help, so long as Alkor is."