[F6-PP] Another Step (Deforestation)

The heavy slams against an anvil bleed sparks into the interior of his shop, creating small flashes of light that illuminate the place with each. The sword was taking hold pending Raidou's order, a sudden request for a katana had him working away at it. Folding the steel made these blades some of the hardest to create. Dropping it into a pool to cool, he peels it clean and reveals an unfazed blade of pure steel. It was ready, and once it was sharpened it would be finished. A moments respite to clear his head. He sends a message with quite a bit of difficulty to the rest of the guild, moving floors after equipping his plate armor. A small sprint into his own affairs would be best, give him a sense what he was fighting for. The man was just getting a grip on his own fire, his own weird skills. Just one more push.

Griswold | HP:930/930 | EN:90/90 | DMG:9 | MIT:84 | ACC:2 | THRNS:36 | REC:2 | TAUNT | BH:18

Spoiler

Griswold, Fist of Anvil
Level: 45
HP: 930/930
EN: 90/90

Stats:
Damage: 9
Mitigation: 84
Accuracy: 2
BH:18
THRNS:36
REC:2
TAUNT

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Fist of Gaia - Incline [T1/Perfect/Warhammer] Taunt, Accuracy 2
Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage - Juggernaut [T2/Perfect/Heavy Armor] (Mitigation 3 [+54 Mitigation])
Misc: Titanic Wall - Foundation [T2/Perfect/Shield] Thorns 2 (36), REC 1

Skills:
One Handed Warhammer [Rank 1]
Block [Rank 3]
Heavy Armor [Rank 3]
Howl [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Fighter R3
Survival

Mods:
Mark
Shield Bash
Athletics (Heavy)

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Reinforced Chisel Head [Tierless/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Extended Mod Limit): +1 Rank to the Extended Mod Limit skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

"No no not that one the other one..." as the little blue-haired girl runs back into the room and grabs another document Sam had asked for. Presenting it to her. "Thank you," as she sets it down on the table. She starts to right some scribbles in her little black book. It was almost full and she would need to get another here really soon. Her HUD chimes, a message from Griswold. She smiles as she gets from her seat and places the document back where it came from. "Simmone, I'll be back later. Don't have to much fun without me." She grabs her weapon knowing that the statement was bland because they have had no visitors for some time now. It looked like everyone that wanted something from them had gotten what they needed already. She was glad to be a part of that help. Closing the black book and placing it in her bag. Before she gets back home today she would grab another book. Sam heads to floor 6 to meat Griswold wondering who else would be joining today.

Sam | HP:840/840 | EN:82/82 | DMG:16 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Spoiler

Sam
Level: 41
HP: 840/840
EN: 82/82

Stats:
Damage: 16
Accuracy: 3
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Serrated Guillotine - Bloodlust {T2}: Bleed 1, Damage 2
Armor: Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Misc: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Hiding [Rank 3]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD
Teleport Crystal*1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabana]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Edited by Sam

A screech toward them both "Hi There!" as she notices both Sam and Griswold following the message, rushing for them across the city. Watching Sam peel something off the board meant that it was another adventure between the three of them. That was pretty boss ngl, she was going on idea overload. Excitedly accepting the invite from Sam and the quest share, she was so outwardly eager to begin. What were they fighting today. A giant mongoose, a dragoon, a giant living fondue fountain. The ideas flowed through her head one after another like gasoline through a fuel line. The girl rushed toward the gates and waved around like a lunatic. Someone had some sugar earlier and it showed on her face, you could swear if you looked close enough that her eyes were huge like on drugs. That and her eyelids weren't quite blinking together, giving her almost a creepy aura.

Shiina | HP:840/840 | EN:84/84 | DMG:1 | MIT:89 | MENDING:1 | REC:4 | LD:3

Spoiler

Shiina, The Resonant Valkyre
Level: 42
HP: 840/840
EN: 84/84

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 89
MENDING:1
REC:4
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Wings of the Valkyre - Spring [Heavy Armor] (T2/Perfect) +54 Miti
Armor: Ancient Larissa Leaf Necklace [T2/Perfect/Trinket] Life Mending 1, Recovery 2
Misc: Sapphire Hair Clips [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 LD

Skills:
First Aid [Rank 5]
Energize [Obtained]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Sharpness
Field Medic
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Lullaby 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff/Instant] -2 Evasion*2
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T1/Perfect/Support/Instant] +60 HP*3
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*5
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*5
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*3
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T2/Perfect/Support/Instant] +120 HP*4

Housing Buffs:
Skylight (Extended Mod Limit): +1 Rank to the Extended Mod Limit skill.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Edited by Shiina

Griswold stirs for a moment, noting that Shiina had answered the call. The girl was welcome along, but she was a bit harder to handle at the same time. That meant he had to be on the ball keeping an eye attached to her back if anything had gone awry. Checking the board and after some struggle manages to take one he'd not yet. "Some flame hound on floor 6." He reads it back as he fights to send them invites and quest shares. "It looks like." He squints reading from the tiny screen. "That we should look for burnt grass and trees." That seemed as good as a direction as any, as most of floor 6 was a ripe forest with rich and dense foliage. It should be quite simple finding what it was they were after with that to go on. Hard to miss black in a sea of green.

A twist of her wrist as she pops up the quest in question. "A fire tiger, there was not much in Raidou's notes. I should be pretty easy, but we should still be cautious. There could be more than just this out there." Glancing to Shiina as she looked like she was on crack. I was clear that she had way too much sugar today. Eyes shift to Griswold as he fights with his menu just a bit. She was wondering if there was a way to make his screen bigger. She starts shifting through the options in her HUD. After a moment with relative ease she finds a selection that made all the content larger. The energy keys more available and extended for such a large man. (Like a zoom function on a phone) She smiles and walks to his side saying "Here try this," as she starts walking him through the process to do just this. "This will make it easy for you. Bigger the better right." 

"NGL, girl but a fire tiger sounds lit." Shiina extrudes with the obvious pun making her snicker. The girl was ready to go, full stop no brakes. The rest of the conversation simply drifts by like a hand full of confetti in a storm or a piece of paper out of a window going 50 mph. She does however watch Sam begin to teach Griswold about his menu, making it grow larger. The dude was so obviously old, watching him just lose his mind as everything was made larger as if it was some sorcery. A giddy bouncing as she stuck near the gate, waiting for the players to finish their respective exchanges of tutelage. "YOU COMIN!?" Shiina extrudes with a screech, practically having her skeleton peel itself out of her skin she was so damn ready to go. She had to be patient even though it was basically an impossibility for the child to perform.

A nod to Sam in her own break down of the quest they had to undertake, the girl had since read the notes provided. An excellent recollection and further deciphering of what they would face, was always welcome. But it was then she stopped, noticing his trouble. After a few moments of her attempts to show him what it was she meant, Griswold begins to follow the steps provided. The screens on his UI began to gain size, as if someone had dragged everything up a few steps.

It blew his mind

He could see, and the buttons were now significantly larger. Reopening the quest board and doing the same upon it, Griswold could now see and actually read through its contents. The old man didn't even know this was a thing, and Sam had been the first to actually show interest in showing him how it worked. "I uh, what?" Griswold was dumbfounded by this new development, sliding through the screens quite a bit easier although still a bit difficult depending on what he was looking for. But at the very least he could actually hit what it was he was trying to hit.

Showing Griswold the works, he looked like he was almost in shock from being able to work his menu now. The super active Shiina was desperate to get out and going. Sam couldn't help chuckle at the both of them. It was amusing at the very least. "Happy to help," she says looking to Shiina now. "Okay, no more sugar for you little miss. You are right though, lets get moving. This quest won't do itself." Sam starts to walk out the gates as she pulls out her book full of different context. It was clear that she had still a lot of quests to do and this was one more step toward the final step. She needed to push herself just a bit more to gain those levels needed. So she would be able to wield something larger that this Axe that Griswold had made for her. Maybe she would change her other gear too when this happened to fit her new skills she was planning on getting. She hoped that he would make her next weapon, or at least reinforce it to her liking. She follows the marker toward their destination while reading her book, but keeping her eye on the map.

"RIGHT, also NO!" Shiina extrudes in a rather abrupt outburst in her confusion. They were going to get started, and Shiina didn't want her to take away what she was smuggling. Excluding the weasel, that she could take if she could handle him. A floundering skip of her feet across the stone like the rhythmic beating of a drum at about 140 Bpm, clacking and pounding against the stone as her legs almost looked as though they were blurs. Sanic. Out into the jungle ahead of the pack with a rustle of the brush. A solid *ffth* as she vanishes into it. It became almost immediately dense, finding herself tangled in the vines and junk just beyond the other players vision. "Little help?" She squealed before a rather girly grunt. *empf* She ushers for a moment rocking back and forth as she lay suspended like in a swing set. Stuck.

A solid tug at the vines wrapped so heavily around Shiina's frame sees them break, She grins and pats Griswold's arm. How she had managed to get herself so tangled in that mess that fast was absurd. It was straight up a net of christmas lights wrapped around her face and arms. She scampers off as his attentions shift back to Sam, making sure she wasn't get consumed by the forest around them as well. This place brought back an early memory with direction from the boy in red. The very first thing he did was bring them here to face their demons, and even still they were discovering the effect that had had on their development. It was as if he was still with them no matter where he went. Like a nagging voice in every players skull ushering them in the right direction like a cricket on their shoulders, or a conscious leading them onto the correct path. The very same wanderer that he saw an unbelievable determination against some wargs at his behest. 

Russling of the bushes around them, this place was all too familiar. A different texture of the ground below them as Shiina runs right passed it after getting herself all wrapped up. Sam takes her weapon out as she gets to a knee and observes the ground. Darkened leaves, she plucks one as they turn to dust in her fingers. "This is the place. Shiina," she calls out. No answer as she looks forward standing to her feet. Sam sees Shiina who wasn't paying any attention... Just meters from her the bushes and branches we being pushed away by something large and it was heading right toward Shiina. "SHIINA," Sam screams out panicking just a bit as she vanishes.

Appearing between Shiina and the large tiger looking creature, her Battle Axe goes straight for his chest and kills him out right. It bursts into data as it was literally inches from biting at her. "What the hell were you thinking. Running out here with no one with you. I don't care if you have armor or not you are not a tank. What if there was something out here larger than what were aiming for or worse. You are not invincible even with those heals of yours..." Sam yells at her in desperation and hope that something got through to her. This was a dangerous world be in alone... The players on the monument proved that, hell her no longer living friends proved that...

Using Concentration, Explode Catapult [x14] -13 EN [14-3 (Finesse) + 2 (Hits 1)], Concentration CD [0/3]

ID# 187407 results: Battle: 3+4=7, Hits! vs Byakko Dealing 16*14=224-40=184 Damage, Killing it!

Players:
Sam | HP:840/840 | EN:69/82 | DMG:16 | ACC:3 | BLD:24 | REC:2
Shiina | HP:840/840 | EN:84/84 | DMG:1 | MIT:89 | MENDING:1 | REC:4 | LD:3
Griswold | HP:930/930 | EN:90/90 | DMG:9 | MIT:84 | ACC:2 | THRNS:36 | REC:2 | TAUNT | BH:18

Enemy:
Byakko | HP:150/150 | DMG:60 | MIT:40

Edited by Sam

A tap of her hand to her face, and a gleeful smile. "Nope, I actually am. I have 840 HP and if I cast Field Medic with this armor on." She raises a finger and begins to run the numbers. No one had ever asked if the girl was book smart, they just assumed she wasn't due to how she acted. Turns out writing music has quite a bit of math along with its artistry. "I heal 184 on that amount, even more when I get stronger." A twist of her hands toward Griswold "With his armor he made me, that I still cant put on all the way some times. I reduce incoming damage by 89. Add them together and I can recover a third of my HP in a split second, and when compounded with my music." A sharp inhale to continue to talk. "I can do that like 8 times with my other effects, without stopping at all. More than enough time for you guys to kick its butt or get hate or whatever." Shiina didn't pay a lot of attention, but what she did manage to hear, was written forever in that noggin of hers. She may not look it, but the girl was a genius. And with that revelation as Griswold's jaw drops for a second time, the songstress continues to smile.

Edited by Shiina

Sam's eyes widen just a bit as she listens to Shiina explain everything... She was wondering why Raidou had put her in O&I, well she just found out why... Sam was wrong and as much as she wanted to deny this factor, she couldn't. Sam gives a sigh, saying "Okay, well that was very unexpected. I am sorry for I guess judging you. I should know better, but I guess not." Sam chuckles a bit. She now knew that Shiina was a very huge health monkey that was amazing with numbers, which Sam would have figuring all of this out if she took the time to run the numbers herself. "Will you forgive me if I get you another batch of cupcake overflowing with tiny candies of yumminess?" She hoped that Shiina wasn't too butt hurt about her very bad assumptions. She was now wondering who all knew about this little thing that Shiina seemed to keep to herself. Who else had judged her for being the way she was... The questions just seemed to rack up one by one the more she thought about it.

"Psh don't worry bout it. I wont" Shiina dismisses her apology completely, as she never needed one. A couple steps forward offers a pat of her hand against Sam's boob "Yes, I will. I love cupcakes." On her face was a completely serious face with the absurdity of the statement not matching her demeanor. Straight back to her quirky nature, she detaches and begins to head for the gate and the settlement it was trapped in. "YOU COMMIN!" She yells in a screech, the birds in a nearby tree flip out and take to the sky. A scattering of leaves fall loosely from their departure, as Shiina begins to bounce where she was standing. A piece of armor on her shin comes loose and clatters to the ground beside her. "Dang it, frickin..." Picking it up and slapping on there and pulling on a strap hugs it close to the back of her leg.

Sam just lets the boob thing slide. She was going to be a married woman soon, the thing that bothered her is that it didn't bother her... Why. Was it because is was Shiina and she does whatever, whenever. Watching Shiina run off, but toward the settlement this time she gives out a small huff. She starts walking and meets up with Griswold. "So little Shiina is a pure healer/ tank and amazing with numbers. Who knew right... I promised her cupcakes. You want to tag along. I could get you something hardy to chew on..." She gives the offer out as she starts to walk in the direction that Shiina went. That girl is smart, but when it came to caution of any kind, she was something else. 

Sitting at the table while Shiina bangs on the table in demand of little cake treats, she gets a waitresses attention to do just that. "So Shiina, do you have any brothers or sisters. Please tell me they are not like you." To be honest that would be a bit terrifying. Sam thinks about little Shiina's running around the house that never stayed clean...Ever...  

A chuckle once the confusion wears off unsure how to process what had just transpired between the two girls. Shiina was much smarter than she appeared to be, always playing the fool so it was easy to misunderstand her. "Sure Sam, I guess she had us all fooled huh?" He replies to the raven haired string bean of a girl, clattering behind the lengthy girls strides. The group finds themselves into floor 2's diner, being waited on and promptly Sam makes due on her promise to Shiina with an order. Seconds later a plate of varied color pastries hit the table and begin to disappear with gobbles. Griswold cannot help but shake his head, that girl would be so fat outside of here. Which begs the question how she wasn't already if she ate like this on the regular. Her parents must have cut her off, or she had the metabolism of a burning sun and nothing would stick. Either way, it couldn't be healthy the way she was attached to sweets.

A fierce jam of the newly arrived cupcakes into her jaw, smattering the crap onto her face. Frosting dangling on her cheek as she paid a wide grin to both other players present and to a shocked waitress. This is all she really wanted in life, have fun and eat tasty treats. Anything else was purely unnecessary baggage. It was true that everyone seemed to underestimate her on the regular due to how she acted, but that was Shiina. Her personality did not mesh well with her skill set, always a disjointed and jarring pairing once someone would look under that rug. That was their problem, because Shiina wouldn't take any offense or help to make it any easier. A handful of containment wrappers find the surface of the plate as the girl would raise her hand again to beckon the waitress that had just escaped to come back and get some more. Thrusting the plate toward the NPC "Moar please!" she smiles as a sprinkle falls from her face and bounces on the platform beneath her.

Sam shakes her head as well. Even though she was at her computer all the time, she never really ate unless food was brought to her. Perfect teeth came naturally because of this. Sam never was very fond of sweets to be honest. She orders a chef salad and a steak for the big man before the waiter leaves. "So Griswold, you working on anything," she knew that everyone was hard at work. Sam was busy getting out in the open trying to get her level higher and practicing the new skills she gets as they roll into her inventory. It was a nice change of pace from when she got her. Sitting around doing nothing but looking for her friends. It was a complete waste of time, but she was glad to hear from Lium when she did. Her heart still hurt from the news of the murder fest, but she would always remember them

A twist of the cutlery into the slab of beef in front of him, with a rather gentle precision. Although he may not look it, Griswold was actually racked with quite a bit of finesse. "I always am, currently a sword for Simmone. Some curved sword that was almost rusted through. It's been quite some work restoring the thing to optimal condition. It's yet to be finished, but I won't give up on it either." He offered her question with an honest response, before placing a small cube of the meat into its gullet. Eying Sam's meal, a salad. Figures. Girls always are trying to watch what they eat. Well excluding Shiina. They were usually concerned with their figure, and Griswold wondered how it was that they were not malnourished as a result of eating so little protein. It didn't seem to matter too awful much within the confines of the game, however. He'd been sustaining himself on plain white bread rolls for quite a while.

Another plate finds its way in front of the devourer of all things made of sweet. Like a gluttonous dragon, she begins to cram them into her gullet. Like a squirrel with acorns they begin to fatten out her cheeks, puffing up as bits of cupcake are crammed into them. "ShyO GewD!" Shiina exhumes with a hamster like appearance, the sound a bit muffled through how much was in her mouth. Both Sam and Griswold turn to look at her as she struggles to chew. She had broken honest table talk with her sudden outburst in jubilant glee. Even some other patrons within the building turn to stare at her, but she didn't care in the slightest. Some may have been uncomfortable. But Shiina was used to being the center of attention, both inside the game and out. Such was a performer, always expectant of all eyes to be on her at some point. Stage fright was a long forgotten part of her past.

Quest Complete:
Griswold:
5*SP (1 Thread Closure, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Reward)
Sam:
Shiina:
Simmone (Guild Treasurer):
400*Col (Thread Closure)
3*Tiger Rage