3.0 | Quest/Floor/Lore FAQ

867nXnh.jpg

[3.0] Quest/Floor/Lore FAQ

To ease the transition from 2.6 to 3.0, all questions regarding quests, floor, or general lore will be handled here.
Post your queries in this thread, and check the below list to see if an answer has already been provided.

Q: I have a bunch of threads started before the 3.0 update! How long do I have to finish them?
A: The big cut-off date for 2.6 threads is July 1st. All quests, raids, events, sub-dungeons, and grinding threads, must be completed by that date. Anything submitted after will only receive standard thread rewards (EXP and col for length). Any loot or quest items earned will disappear after that time period. What this means is that you don't need to rush social threads, but anything with combat, or formal quests, need to be finished in the next three months. Also note, enemies cannot be spawned into 2.6 threads anymore (with the exception of quest mobs). So wrap up what you've already started, get it submitted, and get ready to move on to the exciting new system!

Q: I took a quest before 3.0, and now I want to take it again. Can I, and what rewards can I get?
A: Yes, all quests are repeatable in 3.0! Check the following table to see what rewards you qualify for. Remember, this is if you completed the quest before 3.0, and claimed those rewards. If you did did not complete it before the update, you can have all of the rewards. 

Spoiler

Quest Eligible Rewards
DHA 1: Diary of the Dragon Huntsman Standard page rewards & Topaz Gemstone.
Earning a Living Standard page rewards & profession change.
Making Vows Standard page rewards (only in event of divorce).
Redemption Standard page rewards & green cursor.
SotW: Keepers of Nature New quest, all quest rewards.
SotW: Mother Nature New quest, all quest rewards.
The First Lesson Standard page rewards.
The Second Lesson Standard page rewards.
The Third Lesson Standard page rewards.
Breaking the Unbreakable Standard page rewards.
DHA 2: The Demon of the Mountains Standard page rewards, Amethyst Gemstone, & Ormi's Blessing.
Let There Be Light Standard page rewards.
The Poisonous Warg (Previously Venomous Warg) Standard page rewards & Bizarre Antidote.
Captured (Previously Escape) Standard page rewards.
DHA 3: Lost Blessings and Ancient Evils Standard page rewards, Sapphire Gemstone, & Qeozze's Blessing.
Search for the Hoya Standard page rewards, Hoya of the East, Hoya of the West, Hoya of Minos.
Absolute Zero Standard page rewards &  <<Frozen Hide>> extra skill.
DHA 4: True Family Standard pagerewards, Pearl Gemstone, & Mekem's Blessing.
NK: Harbringer of the Night New quest, all quest rewards.
NK: The Night's King New quest, all quest rewards.
NK: The Night's Shadow New quest, all quest rewards.
Arabian Nights - First Night Standard page rewards, Dungeon Map: Cave of Wonders, Cassim’s Ring.
Bloodstained Land Standard page rewards, Terra Firma Scale, & <<Assault Mode>> extra skill.
Butcher of the Sands Standard page rewards.
DHA 5: Of Greed and Avarice Standard page rewards, Jasper Gemstone, & Avyss' Pendant.
The Traveler Standard page rewards.
Calming the Soul Standard page rewards.
DHA 6: Plagues and Decay Standard page rewards, Emerald Gemstone, & Izzalth's Blessing.
The Gemini Standard page rewards & to switch extra skill.
Arabian Nights - Second Night Standard page rewards, col, Sorcerer’s Armor, Sorcerer’s Cloak, & Mask of the Inferno.
Case of Wurms Standard page rewards & ability to use Rig as a safe zone.
DHA 7: The King and the Conqueror Standard page rewards, Ruby Gemstone, & Groviat's Blessing.
DHA 8: Keeper of Life & Death Standard page rewards, Dragon Key, & Irress' Blessing.
Elvish Rivalries Standard page rewards.
Elvish Treaties Standard page rewards.
Monkey King Standard page rewards, Monkey Agility, & <<Shatter>> extra skill.
SotW: Ferocious Foe Standard page rewards.
Treant Rivalries Standard page rewards.
Bandit Camp Standard page rewards.
DHA 9: Cavity of Ruin Standard page rewards, Golden Gemstone, & Grand Hunter's Badge.
Guardian of Fire Standard page rewards.
The Gatekeeper of Fire Standard page rewards, Cerberus Etching, & <<Blazing Bite>> extra skill.
The Iron Guardian Standard page rewards & Crystal of Support.
DHA 10: The Dragon Age Crusade Standard page rewards, col, mats, & chest.
SotW: Leeching Nightmare Standard page rewards.
Arabian Nights - Third Night Standard page rewards, col, Jathoom's Spine, Qarinah's Blood, & Shard of Diablos.
Cleansing the Corruption Standard page rewards, quest col reward, & Horseman drops.
World of Corrupted Fire New quest, all quest rewards.
SotW: Fighting Fish Standard page rewards.
The Swashbuckling Buccaneer Standard page rewards, Pirate's Treasure, & <<Lady Luck>> extra skill.
Challenge of Olympus Standard page rewards & new crafting item (only if you have changed professions).
Just for the Halibut Standard page rewards.
Keep Calm and Ki'raion Standard page rewards & <<Photosynthesis>> extra skill.
SotW: The Colossal Shadow Standard page rewards.
SotW: Pouncing Puma Standard page rewards.
Betrayal of the King Standard page rewards & <<Forgotten King's Authority>> extra skill.
The Hidden Village Standard page rewards & potential additional EXP.
Trouble in the Mines Standard page rewards & bonus col.
King of Lakes Standard page rewards.
SotW: Shocking Stallion Standard page rewards.
What We Fight For Standard page rewards.
Witch of the West Standard page rewards & Witch's Bew.
FS: Escaping the Underdark Standard page rewards & Fonsa's Song.
FS: Search and Rescue Standard page rewards.
Incognito Analysis Standard page rewards.
Incognito Assassination Standard page rewards.
Essence of Titanium (Previously Essence of Steel) Significantly changed, all quest rewards.
Nature's Treasure Standard page rewards & all materials gathered.
Feeding The Enemy Standard page rewards & replace a familiar.
Saying Vows Standard page rewards (only in event of divorce).
Training Your Friend Standard page rewards & retrain a familiar.

Q: I see extra skills were added! If I already took a quest that now offers an extra skill, do I get it by default?
A: Not necessarily. As most extra skills include success criteria (for example, defeat the mob using a special move), you cannot be given it automatically. You will need to retake the quest to earn the new extra skill. However, if you already have an extra skill, you do not lose it. That means that if you completed Calming the Soul, The Traveler, Betrayal of the King, or The Gemini prior to 3.0, you automatically receive the extra skill. You do not need to retake the quest to acquire it. In the case of The Gemini, you are given the extra skill you possessed before 3.0. You will need to redo the quest in order to change it.

Q: I completed a quest before 3.0, but I'm finishing it after the quest. How do I know what rewards I get?
For the most part, you will receive the rewards from the old quest. You can see what those are by finding the thread in the [2.6 Archives]. Of course, you will not be able to earn SP after 3.0, so that portion of the rewards should be excluded. Instead, you should give yourself the experience points listed in the new quest. There are a few exceptions, as a result of changing quests and the introduction of Field Bosses. Double check the below list to see what experience you would earn in this case. We know this is a bit of a messy process, but these are unavoidable growing pains, and will only last for the first three months!

Spoiler

The Fourth Lesson is Actually Free - 500 EXP
Essence of Steel - 500 EXP
Secret Medicine of the Forest - 500 EXP
Long Live the Queen - 500 EXP
Worn out Welcome - 500 EXP
Avalanche - 500 EXP
Blood in the Sand - 500 EXP
Deforestation - 500 EXP
Burning Phoenix Feathers - 500 EXP
Wail of the Banshee - 1000 EXP
Lord of the Seas - 1000 EXP