[F12-PP] A Beast Beyond the Swampy Seas (Lord of the Seas)

Another day shines through her shop window. She had just finished her quilt and she was excited to get it to the rightful owner. Setting it inside a box, placing the lid on it. She would deliver it later tonight. Gathering her items she pets Raserei saying "You have to stay here today. Where I am going is not for you." Raserei gives a small whine lowing her head. "I'll be back later, you can help me deliver this gift later, okay," touching her hand to the wolves face as she gives a small coo, Eruda heads out. After some walking time she ends up on floor 12 with a flash of light. Heading straight for the quest board she takes the quest intended and sents a message to Shiina and Sam telling them she needed them for the quest she took and to come prepared. She knew that it was going to be a fight, but she believed strongly in her team for the support.

Eruda | HP:970/970 | EN:94/94 | DMG:3 | MIT:147 | EVA:-1 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%

Spoiler

Eruda
Level: 47
HP: 970/970
EN: 94/94

Stats:
Damage: 3
Mitigation: 147
Evasion: -1
BH:38
BLD:24
TAUNT
THRNS:36
REC:1

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Unforgiving Edge - Malice T2: (Bleed 2, Taunt)
Armor: Reinforced Plate - Lily T2: Damage Mitigation 3 (+54 Mitigation)
Misc: Stalwart Defender T2: (Thorns 2, Recovery 1)

Skills:
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]
One-Handed Curved Sword [Rank 2]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Block [Rank 4]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Protector (Rank 1)

Mods:
Stonewall

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal
Ebon Tether - Beauty (+3 Loot Dice)

Seeing the message from Eruda, the slight scratching of a pencil on a slip of paper simply stops. She was constructing a song regarding the complete decimation of Ugzeke the mighty. "Oh bruh" She exclaims as she pops it open and reads it. Her pencil rattles and falls, rolling slowly until it finds the edge of the table. A hasty clattering of words missing letters sent back to the blonde tank. It would read:

To: Eruda

Henlo, I b dere kk? Gimme a sec, N I put on metal junk. brt ttyl.

The message flies off on the wind, and Shiina basically falls out of her chair to the floor. The paper stays where it was left, as Shiina begins to dig around and slap pieces of her armor on as if she was looking for a missing sock. Moments later she punches out into the birth of floor 22, making her way for the warp gate to join Eruda on her quest. Adventure!

Shiina | HP:940/940 | EN:94/94 | DMG:1 | MIT:89 | MENDING:1 | REC:4 | LD:3

Spoiler

Shiina, The Resonant Valkyre
Level: 47
HP: 940/940
EN: 94/94

Stats:
Damage: 1
Mitigation: 89
MENDING:1
REC:4
LD:3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Wings of the Valkyre - Spring [Heavy Armor] (T2/Perfect) +54 Miti
Armor: Ancient Larissa Leaf Necklace [T2/Perfect/Trinket] Life Mending 1, Recovery 2
Misc: Sapphire Hair Clips [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 LD

Skills:
First Aid [Rank 5]
Energize [Obtained]
Heavy Armor [Rank 5]

Extra Skills:
Concentration

Mods:
Sharpness
Field Medic
Hyperactive

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystal*1
Lullaby 2 [T1/Rare/Debuff/Instant] -2 Evasion*2
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T1/Perfect/Support/Instant] +60 HP*3
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*5
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*5
Flash of Rejuvenation [T1/Perfect/Crystal] Mass Heal*3
Vocal Augmentation - Resonation [T2/Perfect/Support/Instant] +120 HP*4

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Extended Mod Limit): +1 Rank to the Extended Mod Limit skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Out in the middle of a forest, vanishing connecting her weapon against a tree as her new found skill activates. Tree's couldn't bleed, but she felt it activate. She grins and goes again. She was practicing her new skills to make sure she knew what she was doing when she entered combat again with the guild. After a few more rounds she hears a chime from her HUD. Breathing hard, stopping to look at the message. It was from Eruda... Another quest. "Perfect," she says closing her HUD and doing the rotation one more time. 

Heading to the guild hall first to grab a few buffs. Walking out and munching on them quickly. She didn't have time to waste right now. Heading to floor 12 now, the swamp lands, fun. She knew where she was heading after this quest. A step to the gate as she lands to floor 12. Seeing Eruda, she gets a quest share and a party invite. She was on her game today. Without a word and by the fact that Eruda wasn't moving on yet, she knew that she was waiting for another person.

Sam Consumes:
Titan's Strength (+3 Damage) 184167-2
Well Done Steak (Protein 3 Filled) 184276-1
Poached Eggs (+2 Accuracy) 180407-1

Sam | HP:980/980 | EN:96/96 | DMG:22 | ACC:5 | BLD:24 | REC:2

Spoiler

Sam
Level: 48
HP: 980/980
EN: 96/96

Stats:
Damage: 22
Accuracy: 5
BLD:24
REC:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Serrated Guillotine - Bloodlust {T2}: Bleed 1, Damage 2
Armor: Assault Division Bracelet: Rec 2, Acc 1
Misc: Fire Brand - Din: Accuracy 3

Skills:
Two-Handed Battle Ax [Rank 5]
Fishing [Obtained]
Light Armor [Rank 3]
Hiding [Rank 4] +1

Extra Skills:
Concentration
Familiar Mastery: Fighter R1

Mods:
Finesse Rank 3
Ferocity
Athletics
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Trickster)

Battle Ready Inventory:
Resonance of the Grave- Incarceration Masterpiece/Instant: 179995 {Doubles the Damage of each dot applied on creature}
Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3
Silver Band - Farore's Wind +3 LD
Teleport Crystal*1

Housing Buffs:
Well Rested: -1 energy cost for the first three expenditures of each combat
Squeaky Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 25% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Hiding): +1 Rank to the Hiding skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabana]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

One after the other show up. "Good, Sam you got those damage boosts," Sam simple nods. Sending the quest share to Shiina and a party invite. "Let's walk and talk," she says as she starts heading toward the destination. "Lord of the Seas. It is one of the more difficult ones. Sam you are the only damage so keep on him. Shiina, I have seen how much you can heal. I will need that from you today. Keep my health up. I will keep the creature at bay." She looks back at Shiina as she skips behind. "I will treat you with anything you want after this quest is over and only then." This was going to be a new experience for Eruda. They did more damage that anything that she had come across as she needed them to be calm and focus. "Can you guys do that for me?" A twist of her head back to Shiina as her feet splash in the swamp water. 

"Word, I gotchu!" Shiina exhumes with excitement as they trailed off into the field. Scampering in behind the other two, her tiny legs not making it easy for her to keep up. The splashing pools of water were matched by her joy, the promise of treats after being an excellent motivator to get her to focus. The faster the thing disappeared the faster she could get at that junk, and that was cool. A large blue and white danger noodle with tiny legs emerges from the water. "That" Shiina points toward the thing, assuming it was the target. The thing roars in refusal of the players intrusion, irritated and aiming to kill them for the trespassing. Shiina wasn't even remotely concerned, flashing it a thumbs up. "Cool" and as she turns her hand from an upward thumb to a downward one facing the ground she sticks out a tongue and begins to sing. The thing languishes as a giant ring pulses out from her very feet.

Shiina casts Sharpness on Sam [+2 DMG over 2 turns], -12 EN, Sharpness CD [0/2]

Players
Shiina | HP:940/940 | EN:82/94 | DMG:1 | MIT:89 | MENDING:1 | REC:4 | LD:3
Sam | HP:980/980 | EN:96/96 | DMG:22(+2/2) | ACC:5 | BLD:24 | REC:2
Eruda | HP:970/970 | EN:94/94 | DMG:3 | MIT:147 | EVA:-1 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%

Mobs:
Sea Wyvern | HP:300/300 | DMG:300 | AoE: 300 (9-10)

Edited by Shiina

Walking with the team toward the destination, keeping pace without a word to any of them. She was lost in thoughts that had over come while she was sitting idle. Sam looks around, hearing a huge out roar of nothing but anger. Snapping back into reality, she knew that it was what they were here for. Walking Shiina walk toward the beast, some hand movement. She was not really worried about Shiina going upfront any more. After that conversation that was had between them just the other, she just smiles watching her as a pulse across the waters and a glow of her weapon. She grins and vanishes. Ending up right in from of Shiina, face to face with the creature now. A shift of the large head inches from her face, Sam grabs and anchor point attached to it's head and swings herself on top of it's neck. Sam strike downward and very hard right between its eyes. With that the giant creature shatters causing Sam to land on her feet with a huge splash that gets Shiina soaking wet. Sam puts a hand to her mouth muffling "Sorry..."

Using Concentration, Explode Catapult [x14] -13 EN [14-3 (Finesse) + 2 (Hits 1)], Concentration CD [0/3]

ID# 187476 results: Battle: 8+6=14, Hits! vs Sea Wyvern Dealing 24*14=336 Damage, Killing it!

Players
Shiina | HP:940/940 | EN:82/94 | DMG:1 | MIT:89 | MENDING:1 | REC:4 | LD:3
Sam | HP:980/980 | EN:83/96 | DMG:22(+2/1) | ACC:5 | BLD:24 | REC:2
Eruda | HP:970/970 | EN:94/94 | DMG:3 | MIT:147 | EVA:-1 | BLD:24 | TAUNT | THRNS:36 | REC:1 | BH:38 | DoT -25%

Mobs:
Sea Wyvern | HP:-36/300 | DMG:300 | AoE: 300 (9-10)

Edited by Sam

With very short work it was over... That was way too easy. Shiina stands there soaking wet now. She couldn't help but chuckle softly. Walking the Shiina she pulls out a soft thin blanket. It wasn't much, but it would help. "Let's go get cleaned up and then we can get those treats I promised." She walks with her arms around Shiina's shoulders rubbing them to keep her warm. Eruda was really amazed how quickly it went down. They were both clearly getting stronger, Shiina with her music and Sam being able to handle that weapon of her better. Soon they would be ready for harder things. She soon realized that she really didn't know anyone in the Firm Anima guild, only how they fought. Maybe it was time to do just that... "Where do you guys live outside of this place." Just basic questions for simple answers. She wanted to get to know her family...

"Blegh." Shiina extrudes drenched to the bone, before being dabbed with a blanket like a towel. "Tank you." as she was being nursed by Eruda. "Oh me, I live right next door to Raidou. In nagasaki, japan" Shiina just drops the bomb without a care in the world, completely unattached to the statement as she ran the blanket through her hair to try to get the funky smelling water out of it. Her head was still dead set on sweets. And Eruda promised them. Just wiggling like a dog with that hunk of fabric, her hair fuzzes up like an afro. "Ok Treats now." Shiina just blew it out like it was barely being contained. After all she held up her end of the bargain, a few splashes as she scampers back toward the settlement against the waves. That giant boss whatever was kinda a dork, couldn't really do anything to stop her at all anyway.

"Oh wow, what a small world. That is where I live too. I was wondering why Raidou put up with you." After this she chuckles as she brushes down her hair. The afro was not a good look on her. Since they were going to do the whole 20 question thing now, she would need a cup of coffee to get ready for it. They make there way in the gates and find the nearest food area. Eventually finding one she walks in and sits at the first clear table. This place was sorta crowded. Sam frequented in places like these a lot as of late. She blamed Shiina and her love for sweets. Every quest she had done with her as ended in one of these. She didn't mind though because she found herself forgetting to eat and this was a great way to keep track of that. She raises a finger to get a waiter but they were busy. It would surely take a moment.

Eruda just stares at Shiina blankly. Her world just turned upside down..."Wh... what did you just say?" Shiina responds saying "What the Raidou thing, Yea I," Eruda interups her saying "No the other thing..." responding with "Blegh, wait what were we talking about?" she says in a question. Eruda face palms as they walk into the food area. Glancing to Sam as she points at the waiter. Sam shrugs as Eruda walks to the front counter in a rush. She figured that Shiina's brain was on only one thing. She would get that for her and maybe she would be a bit more focused. The front man takes the order of 2 coffees, chef salad, a steak, and a butt load of cupcakes with sprinkles and sugar cookies. Walking back to the table, taking a seat with the others. "The mini cakes are coming. I meant where you live" responding back "Oh Nagasaki, japan" Eruda says "Yes, that what area, landmarks, anything..." Eruda was freaking out a bit now. How could she not though...

Rocking back and forth in her chair with excitement, it was clear where her mind was at. Sugar, and a lot of it. A quick shift of her eyes back to Eruda who seemed so flustered for some reason. "Hmm, well there's a clock tower, and uh a couple big schools. A dojo. A grocery store. I dunno woman, I DON'T PAY A LOT OF ATTENTION." Shiina didn't know what Eruda was after, unless she was trying to GPS her or something for a visit. I mean that could be cool, if she could figure out how to log out. A rattle of a plate hitting the table before Shiina face plants it like a rabid animal, and again she does a rather fair job of horrifying both the waiter and a few patrons that were looking on. Shiina was always an easy center of attention, given she was a fire cracker that was as loud as she possibly could be.

Shiina was getting antsy. Eruda gets up as their order was ready on the counter, they just were short staffed she guessed. The guy nods as she approaches the counter. Eruda takes the multiple plates in both, lining her arms with plates. Back home the job she had was being waitress so this came easy to her. Carefully setting each plate of sweets and food on the table, she sits back down handing Sam her salad. Sam just stares at Eruda in amusement. "What I was a waiter back home. It was the only job I could get," saying this with a shrug and turns back to Shiina. "Shiina, I live next to a clock tower and two huge schools. There is a grocery store down the block. Shiina, think really hard. Did this dojo you speak of have disconnected barracks just outside it. Blue buildings, 2 stories with purple edgings." Eruda's chest was pounding. That slight 1 in a million possibility that they could live right next to each other was nerve racking...

"Oh, right yeah." Shiina responds rather quickly scooping up the dessert item and cramming it into her face. Through muffled words. "Now that you mention it, I think so." She responds truthfully to the blonde tank, having no reason to veil the truth from the woman. After all her and Eruda have been through thick and thin together after all this time. It was only natural that she'd give her what she wanted. "It was a big building with a huge wall, I always met book boi there in the morning before school." Shiina recalled, which is when she took to calling him that. Given every time she would see him, he'd have a nose crammed into a book while he walked. It was rather amazing watching him avoid poles and junk while he was reading during his travels. No one had ever really questioned why she called him that so often, just assuming it was a nickname with no meaning.

Eruda didn't know whether to feel sad or happy. She had lived there for years, more half her life. "My mother told me that the only rule when we moved to those buildings was to not go past those walls. I never understood why..." Eruda's heart sunk just a bit. If she broke the rules, if she went in there just once than there was a really good chance that she would have met Raidou and Shiina... Just once and her life would have been much different than it was. "Which school did you go to? The red brick one or the on with lots of windows?" Her voice was a bit sketchy now. What else was her mother hiding? Just the entire thought made her furious. "Sam you too, what school did you go to?" Her voice was soft, like she was fighting back something inside that she didn't want to release.

Another pastry crammed into her gullet with a healthy yet disturbing smack of her lips, damn near finishing the rest of the plate already. "Oh uh, the one with the windows." Shiina extrudes, finding it weird. So Eruda lived near them? that was an awfully big coincidence. But then again life was weird like that some times. Something amazing could be hiding under a rock, or in a book. Right under your nose. The songstress knew that first hand, which is why she was always disturbing every rock and trying to see the big picture on the daily. "Weird." Shiina responds scooping up another, and beginning to peel back the wrapper at the bottom. Another solid bite sees her left hand to her jaw, she was in some sort of heaven where they would never end. Until of course they did, and then it would suck but she could dream.

"I never went to school. I got my GED when I was really young. Tried to go to high school, but the teachers thought I was way too smart." She wasn't going to mention why she never went to school, like the main reason because even thinking about it was too painful. "I had my face stuck to my computer for a lot of my time." It was strange to think that they all lived near each other yet never crossed paths until now. Right now it felt like almost fate that they found each other here. Like this group of people that was still growing, came into this specific game at the same time. She didn't really believe in the whole fat thing, but this game is becoming weirder by the second. Sam takes a few bites of her salad... Staring at the cookies sitting there... "Why the hell not," as she grabs one and starts chewing on it... 

"Oh word?" Shiina eyes Sam's hand as she steals a cookie, debating if she should take it back with a puff of her lips. But she lets Sam have it, she supposed that was ok. "Weird, because now we all have our faces stuck in a computer." The irony wasn't lost on the songstress, looking at them both trying to get a sense of what was going on here. "So you guys both lived near us or like one of you or somethin'?" Shiina asked with another crunch and some loud chewing. The plate was running out, and Shiina was starting to feel it start to provide gasoline to her rampant nature. A bit of earnest wiggle in her chair, she looked at them with almost puppy eyes. Wondering if there was going to be another adventure coming soon. They'd straight up obliterated that last guy without any trouble. What was next?

Edited by Shiina

Sam giggles at the face Shiina makes when she stole a cookie. Any other time she would have gotten her hand slapped. "Well, I live on the opposite side of that clock tower a few blocks south. That is really funny to think about though. I spend pretty much my entire life on a computer and now I am in one. What are the flippin odds of that." Shoving the rest of the cooky in her face now she glances to Eruda. She seemed on edge now... Was she really that close to Raidou that it bothered her this much. "Well, just think, when we get out of here, we can all spend time together. Now that we know that we exist to one another. It will be fun. Of course I would have to love on my parents and finding Katoka would be my first priority, but after that, I can't see why we couldn't all be friends... Right?"  

"Exactly." Shiina spoke before noticing her plate empty, to which she looks for the waiter. "MOAR PLEASE." She shrieks into the distance rather abruptly to force the person to get her more pastries. Her goals were simple ones, as everyone around her was aware by now. "We are all friends, and we can all hang out in the real world and get into trouble. I know all the good hang out spots. Like that one tree in the park that branches keep falling off of. People pokin' sticks." Shiina had her share of issues IRL, bothering the locals enough that she had to be escorted home a few times. But it was all in honest fun, so much that the officer. Geno, knew her by name and always smiled and shook his head once he realized it was her. In a way the guy was now like an uncle to her.

"Sounds great you guys," Eruda says getting up from her seat. "I have to go do something. I'll umm..." clearing her throat a bit, "I'll see you guys later." She walks out of the building and places a hand on her arm rubbing it softly. The feeling stuck hard and it hurt. She makes her way to her shop on floor 1. Walking in, Raserei is sleeping. She grabs the box that she placed the quilt in. Holding it tight against her chest and grabs the note that she wrote along with it. Walking out the door, closing and locking it. She makes her way to the guild hall. She was sorta hoping that Raidou wasn't there. Given the time of day, though, he most likely was not. She didn't know if she could face him just yet. 

Getting to the guild hall calling out to making sure no one was here, she walks up the stairs and opened a door. It was Riadou's room, she takes a deep breath, setting the box on his bed and the note on his pillow. She takes another deep breath as she knew that once she placed this and left that there was no going back. Leaving the items in the room she walks out and closes the door. With that, she walks out of the guild hall and heads to her shop to take the rest of the day off.

Raidou,

Every name on this edge stands forth as your family, the symbol of Firm Anima as you will always have a safe place to return to. I hope that you feel the same warmth and safety that I feel when I am with you. Use it how you'd like, but I will always be your safety net.

Love, Eruda

Quest Complete:
Eruda
:
5 SP (1 Thread Count, 1 Event Bonus, 3 Quest Reward)

Shiina:

Sam:

Simmone-Guild Treasure:
400 Col (Thread Count)
3*<<Lightning Rod>> Grants a weapon a one turn paralysis effect on a critical hit. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.