[PP-F1] Wait... This Profession exists now?!?!? <<EAL: Gatherer>> (Dracul)

"Wait. What?!" Aquan stood outside the campsite he found on the first floor, looking incredibly confused. It had been about a day since he woke up after the Storm washed through the floors, but yet... He was still alive? He checked multiple times to make sure he was still living, but all the tests came out to be positive. "I'm not dreaming, what is going on." He had mused to himself when he finally awoke.

He shook his head and looked around the area, it looking a bit different than it had in the past. "The storm basically updated the game... That makes sense I suppose. The ability to add continuity to a game where people can't log off or get kicked off the server. I wonder what this campsite consists of." He approached the lady, Giovanna, and began the dialogue with her. Through talking with her, he began to look very, very excited. "A Gatherer profession?! That is amazing! That's exactly what I want to do!" He said to himself, his eyes glinting in happiness. He took a breath and looked around. "Okay, now I need to start a party, complete this quest, and get my profession." He gave himself a to-do list and went to the announcement board, putting up a listing for someone to join him on the new quest.

Spoiler

Level: 20

• HP: 400
  • EN: 58
  • LD: +5
  • SD: +5
  • Dmg: +4
  • MIT: 20
  • Chest LD: +3

Skills:

SP: 97/100 Used

Utility:

• Lock Picking: Effect: +1 LD per rank when picking the locks on chests. [RANK 3: 15 SP USED]
  • Searching Rank 5: +5 LD, +5 Stealth Detection [RANK 5: 30 SP USED]

Weapon:

• 1 Handed Straight Sword Rank 4: +4 Damage with a 1 Handed Straight Sword

Armor:

• Cloth Armor: Effect: Gain Mitigation based on your rank in Cloth armor. You can only benefit from one armor skill at a time (the respective armor type must be equipped). Your mitigation is capped at 1 equipment slots. [Rank 5: 20 MIT. 30 SP USED]

Equipment

• 1 Rare Tier 1 1HSS: Bleed, Paralyze 
  • 1 Uncommon Tier 1 Cloth Armor: Evasion
  • Red Omamori | TIER 1 PERFECT TRINKET | LOOT DIE III | ID:17798

Aquan | HP: 400 | EN: 58 | LD: 8 | DMG: 4 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 20 | CHEST LD: 3 | PARA | BLD

Edited by Aquan

Information was essential for progress, that fact was confirmed even here in Aincrad countless times. That is why the first thing I did after waking up was to read everything available after this new update. It took a while but with the help of my assistants and a certain lioness, we managed to brainstorm and piece together the parts. How it all happened was beside the point even if what the lioness told me help shape the overall image.

And as for what to do next. For the blonde amazoness, it was acquiring the katana skill, of course a muscle brain like her would go straight for that. I myself saw past personal power gain and sought something more important, the extra profession that became available. After all, alchemy and gathering work hand in hand and while I wasn't particularly hyped for the actual gathering itself, the last rank opened the door to a new enterprise. I predict that those Shards and Scales will become in no time the most sought after items. I needed to get ahead of the rest.

After a typical exchange with the quest NPC I came across a particular announcement. "Perfect." I mutter with a small grin. Today I dismissed my assistants as they still needed time to help set up and maintain our spot in the new household we moved in recently. So naturally I needed someone to do the quest with, so that I do the least amount of work needed to complete it. I message the individual who put up the request and agree to meet up with him via DMs.

HP:380/380 | 56/56 EN | DMG: 13 | MIT: 12 | LD: +3

Spoiler

✠ Level: 19  ❤ Health: 380  ✽ Energy: 56  
 Damage: 13  ♜ Mitigation: 12 

✿ Equipped Items:

Spoiler

≪Blue Rose#58993≫
T2: Damage | Damage | Damage (2HSS)
An elegant two handed straight sword with a bluish blade and a rose placed on top to the side of the hilt. (pic.)

≪Rose Shirt#32879≫
T1: Mitigation | Mitigation (LA)
A simple light armor item that has the form of a white shirt, its accompanied by a red tie with a blue rose near the end. In front of the left breast pocket it has a crowned logo imprint.

≪Feline Helper#134536≫
T1: Loot Die | Loot Die | Loot Die (Plusie)
Custom made plushie in the form of a white lioness. A small crown logo marking its origin at 'The Lion's Den'.

☑ Battle ready:

✚ Buffs: House buffs edit later

Edited by Dracul

Aquan was elated to have already received someone who wanted to complete the quest with him. He started messaging him back and forth a couple times before the two of them finally agreed to meet in the central square of the first floor. Aquan got up from the bench he was sitting at and made his way to the meeting location.

Aquan looked over and saw Dracul approaching the meeting point and he waved to the man. "Hello, are you Dracul? I'm Aquarian, but you can call me Aquan if you want. Do you know much about this quest? I don't remember it every existing, but all of the sudden it became available in that area of the First Floor. I've been in that area before and I don't fully remember something like that existing before the Storm." His face soured at thinking about the storm, but he quickly pushed it away. "Anyways. Would you like to head out now? Or do you need to complete something in this area?"

After a brief exchange, we set a place to meet and I started making my way towards it. From what the npc said we shouldn't need to do any combat but I still equip a light armor with some mitigation and my 2hss just to be on the safe side. The 'armor' in question was nothing more than a white shirt (with a crowned lion logo on its breast pocket) and the weapon wasn't visible, i decided to keep it on stand by stored inside the inventory system. Soon enough I'm greeted by new assistant partner for this quest, he seems a little overenthusiastic and the chatty type. Unfortunate like not unexpected, he fits in the pattern of most of the people I've encountered.

After the barrage of questions end I show half a smile and reply: "Nice to meet you Aquan" I lightly chuff, presuming the n 's role at the end: "An interesting choice of name." I add then change the subject: "One could find materials without the need of a profession before the update, it probably changed to help aid the introduction of the new items." I reply with a dismissive wave. This much was the conclusion of my brainstorming with the rest. "We should get going, from what I gathered this quest can either take a while or we'll be finishing it in no time. We can talk more while doing it."

Edited by Dracul

Aquarian doesn't really react much to the name comment. "Thank you. I decided that shortening my name to around 1 syllable would be the best for some people. Also, some people did call me that in the real world so I assume it should be a good nickname." He nods and smiles, starting to walk when the other individual suggests that the two of them start walking.

He pulls out the magical compass that the two of them have and  studies it for a moment. "It is rather strange that we use items in quests that have magical properties, but we as players can't use magic outside of just these items." He pauses, using the compass to lead the two of them. "I rather enjoy the repetitive nature that is gathering, so having a profession that suits that play style sounds wonderful. Besides, it gives me something to work towards on my gathering excursions." Aquarian looks around the floor, not exactly sure a good place to start looking. "The First Floor feels the same but different since the.. Storm. Did you fair alright during that event? I know everyone survived it. I just worry that some people are not very comfortable with the change to the game. I find it interesting to know things have changed and developed in different ways."

Aquan pauses and picks up a rock, identifying as a material. "Unfortunately not the quest objective, but at least it's something."

ID: 187598 LD: 20 + 8 = 28 [1 Material] CD: 3

Demonic Shard: 0/1
Materials: 1

Edited by Aquan

A genuine smile appeared on my lips as I heard that he had an inclination towards knowledge: "A kindred spirit, my associates and I mulled over this new update moments after we woke up. My assistant and I were on a stroll on the 22nd floor, not too far from our residence when it all happened. I don't remember anything worth mentioning that happened in the meanwhile" I replied honestly but with a well rehearsed poker face, omitting the emotional rollercoaster we had and the futile actions we took. I take a deep breath and continue: "We all woke up inside the estate that we recently moved in, afterwards each of us added their recollection of the events and pieced together what happened. As it turns out, the raid party had no idea what was happening outside as much as the rest of us had no idea what was happening withing the boss room." I let out a long breath and slightly shake my head. It was after I talked with the blonde and learned of what transpired inside the boss room, that I felt so inconsequential. I instinctively ball my right fist and slightly frown, not realizing that my metaphorical mask was starting to crack.

"I for one embrace the new changes, even if I didn't there is nothing I or any other player can do about it except learn, adapt and use the new systems to our advantage." Seeing him take out the compas, I'm reminded that I have myself so I materialize it in my right hand. It moves around, pausing for a couple of seconds at times, without showing any a specific direction. Thinking that maybe it needs t be in closer proximity I lower myself to the ground and pick a medicinal herb I've used before. No luck, the compas didn't point at it either.

ID# 187599  LD:13+3  CD: 11

Edited by Dracul

He listened to what the man had to say with an interested look on his face. He frowned a bit when he mentioned that he did not have much of a memory of what happened. Aquan's thoughts immediately went back to what happened on floor 7 and the danger he was thrusted in with another handful of players. He thought at the time that everyone was dying, and plummeting from that mountain after saving Jevi was something he did not expect to live from. He tried his best to push those thoughts away and continue to focus on Dracul's speech about the newest content they are able to access and the way the game has changed.

"I have not had much experience with the new update. The last thing I remember from the storm was rather jarring, and waking up in my home really messed with my mind for a while. However, if this quest gives me any hope to the future, I'm excited to see what else is out there! I was already gatherer a lot more in the past, but now I can get even better at it... It's nice to think." He beams happily and continues to walk.

His compass starts to spin, freaking out as if he was right on top of an item. "Hmm." He made a soft noise and looked down at the ground, noticing something flowing in a bush right next to him. He reached his arm in and pulled out a small, metallic looking object. "I think I found one!"

ID: 187603 LD: 18 CD: 9
Demonic Shard: 1/1

Edited by Aquan

"Yes, I was confused when I woke up too but the thirst for knowledge took precedence over anything else at that moment." he chuckled, remembering how the in the first minutes after waking up, his room got stormed by a worried pair of siblings that almost burst in tears when they saw him. "Luckily I was in good company afterwards." I added with a smile and redirected back to their topic: "Improving AND making a fortune while doing it!"I was getting a little excite and you could notice it slip through my voice tone. I stop myself and cough a couple of time then continue in a neutral tone: "Or improve your own gear to have it be on par with even the strongest frontliners." I claimed as I ceremoniously extended my arms in front of me. Then I follow behind Aquan and gaze at the little metal object he's holding. "It doesn't appear anymore special than other materials." I mutter as I get my own compass out and notice that it is pointing at the item in his hand. I click my tongue audibly: "I'll have to keep a more vigilant eye an mine from now on." It was foolish of me to assume it would work from inside the inventory.

ID# 187606  LD:10+3 (NO Loot)

Edited by Dracul

He shrugged when he commented on the special abilities of the material. "Who knows. This game can be quite unique when it comes to what things can or can't do." He pocked both the item and his compass. He was not going to abandon his new companion to do the quest alone, and it was nice to explore the surrounding area in order to get a feel for what the storm and changed and kept the same. He placed his hands in his pockets and continued to walk, thinking of things to talk about. "Do you see yourself possibly becoming a front liner in the future? I like the idea of going to the fight and assisting in progressing the game. However, my interests lie primarily with gathering and things like that. I would much rather craft and create rather than fight monsters. Hence, why I'm doing this quest..." he paused for a moment, "are you a crafter? You mention fortune which makes me think that you make things. If so, what is your profession? I'm a cook, but I haven't crafted much lately. I've been trying to progress in more quests."

Returning to my normal composure, I instinctively wanted to pocket the compas again but realized it and tightened my grip around it. One can appreciate the durability of items in this game, not many non-animated things can be destroyed by a player's strength alone. Raising his gaze from the item, he meets Aquan's Who posed a couple of very interesting question that luckily he already had the answer to. "I have all the respect for those who pursue that route but it simply isn't my calling." I momentarily look at the ground as I continue: "I can't afford to die in this game, I have more important matters on the outside." My momentary frown dissipated and my voice returned to normal as I continued after a sharp inhale. "However I do wish to become of a relevance similar to that of a front liner. While I cannot offer my life, I can offer my council and my work's results." I let out a grin as I make my segue. "Which brings us to your second question for which I answer, yes. And similarly to you I like working with precision for I am an alchemist." I straightened up and wanted to adjust my tie out of habit. Too late did I realized that I wasn't wearing formal attire and my hand was left standing midair below my chin. I let out a couple of embarrassed coughs the add: "To increase you level? I can relate to that as well as I myself am of lower level. I tend to avoid combat as much as possible while not working in my lab."

Remembering that I still have the compass at hand, I take a quick look at it but to no avail.

ID# 187617  LD:6+3 (NO Loot)

Edited by Dracul

Aquarian did not expect such a long and well thought-out answer from Dracul, but he appreciated his partner's ability to speak and the amount that he did speak. He nodded and smiled when he related to Aquan's ability to make things with precision. He looked a bit confused at the man's hand movements to his chest but he ignored it for the moment. "I think I can relate to how you operate in this game. Recently I've become more accustomed to fighting but that is not something I rapidly seek out. I primarily just have my gatherer skills and my skills with my sword and armor. I haven't built myself up yet in order to attack enemies well or protect myself well." He shrugs and continues the walk with Dracul. He frowned a bit when he realized the man still had not found the item. However, the two of them had not be walking for long, so he couldn't blame him for lack of effort. "When you speak of your allies, what do you mean by that? If you don't mind me being nosy about your personal life."

"One step at a time." was my initial reply to his words. We cannot expect to excel at all things even if it was somewhat possible before the update, if one possessed an overwhelming amount of SP. But contrary to others I enjoyed the new update's more limited amount of points. "I think we'll se more specialized individuals rather than aces of all trades like it was common before. Here is where we, non-frontliners, get a chance to shine. " I add with a smile. Then I start to ponder on how much should I reveal to Agua. By no means was I, the lioness or my assistants, going to great lengths to hide our identities. On the opposite actually, Ariel had plans to start promoting her newly founded 'school' that the rest of us were already members of. If people would come out there there was also a high chance they'd notice my alchemy lab on the school grounds, next to her tailor shop.

With a nod to myself I start replying while taking a loot at the compass: "No trouble at all, quite the contrary some of us would gain from spreading the word about our... intentions. My ally, if you want to call her that, is one of the frontliners that fought in the 26th floor raid, Ariel 'the crowned lion'. " I decided to add small air quotations to her nickname with an amused expression. "Then there are also my two lab assistants. We moved in with her after she purchased an estate on the 22nd floor and decided to open a martial arts school there."

ID# 187628  LD: 8+3  CD: 12 (NO Loot)

Edited by Dracul

Aquan had never heard of Ariel before, but they sounded like a pretty interesting individual, at least to him. "I do not think I've heard of Ariel before. However I only interact with a small group of people right now. I am apart of a Guild, Firm Anima, however I do not speak to a lot of them much. I tend to keep to myself more often than not." He smiled and continued to walk with Dracul. It was nice to meet someone new, someone who was not immediately connected to Firm Anima. "Are you a part of a Guild? It sounds like you already have a grouping with three other people... Also, I had no idea that education institutions would spring up in this game. It is surprising the lengths people will go to make sure that real life and the game mimic each other." He paused his bit of rambling. "I apologize if I ever talk too much. I have a habit of rambling." He frowned apologetically and had a slight blush on his face.

"I'd be surprised if you did!" I gleefully admit. "She had a habit of not really mingling with others outside her inner circle of friends, unless it was some sort of big event or floor raid." I add as I raise a finger. Something clicked, a little later than it should've, when he mentioned the guild name. "That's a welcomed coincidence, your guild master and her are friends. In fact he helped her gather the funds to buy the land and estate where the school is. And while I haven't seen it myself, I'm told your guild's base in right in our back yard! Nice to finally meet one of our neighbours!" I added with a slight bow. My worries eased up a bit knowing that he is part of our 'sponsor' guild, so to say.

I then lightly shake my head and dismissively wave my right hand. "No need for apologies, you are not the first or the last to do so. Unfortunately I've grown accustomed to it and it doesn't bother me as much as it did once." I take the opportunity to check the compass some more while scanning the area around us. I pick another herb I recognized and bring the compass next to it. "No luck again..." I mutter.

ID# 187638  LD: 14+2  CD: 2 (Material found!)

Materials: 2

Edited by Dracul

Aquarian's face lit up a little bit when Dracul mentioned that he was connected with Firm Anima. Even though he would rather have someone to hang out with that was not connected to the guild, he still was making a friend with similar ties as to his own. "Oh wow! I've only been to the Guild Hall a handful of times so I'm not entirely sure all the buildings around it, but that is really interesting. I did not realize how close some of the player-owned buildings were to each other." He smiled and nodded after he finished his statement.

Dracul's statement about becoming used to people talking a lot made him falter a bit. He was saying it was okay, but it seemed like he did not enjoy it all that much. I should keep my talking to a normal conversation level. He thought to himself and sighed inwardly a bit while the two of them walked.  There was a bit of silence between the two of them before he finally spoke again. "Beyond gathering and crafting, what do you do for fun?"

" I enjoy reading and the occasional fishing trip." I downcast my gaze as I continue, once more pausing to check the darned compass. "But most of the books here are in a language I don't understand so it's hard to find a something, readable. Not to mention something that is more of my taste." I admit a little dishearten. "But recently I had a struck of good luck in acquiring alchemy books. Most of their content I already knew from the profession. But it's interesting to read about the NPC alchemists of this world and how they tried, fruitlessly I might add, to make gold out of copper, or their numerous tries and fails to make a panacea that cures all diseases. And don't get me started on their search for immortality." I lightly snicker, remembering the foolish attempts which cost them their lives and the lives of many elves upon which they experimented. "If you want I could lend you some copies. They make a fine light reading." I stop myself and examine another herb that crossed out path, yet again the compass denied me. I was starting to lose heart.

ID# 187641  LD: 14+ CD: 11 (Material found!)

Materials: 3

Edited by Dracul

His eyes lit up when Dracul mentioned letting him borrow some of the Alchemy books that he was reading. "I'd love to! There is not a lot of reading material so it's a bit difficult at times in order to pass the time without grinding levels or going gathering. I really appreciate the offer to read that." He was full smiles again. The last time he read the book, it was from his friend Grimm and it was about the monster lore. "I have a book on Monster lore if you would like to borrow it? I've already read it, I would just need it back eventually." He smiled and opened up his inventory. "It talks primarily about the more 'unqiue' monsters, like dragons and magical creatures. Explains why they are there, and just some fun facts about each creature." He pulls out the book and shows it to Dracul. "If you want to read it, I can see you again some time in the future and I can get it back from you. We are near each other geographically with my guild's hall and Ariel's house, so it should not be too terrible to see each other."

A little taken aback by his enthusiasm, I recoil forward as he produces a book of his own: "Interesting... " I mutter as I examine it at first glance. "This could help further our understanding of mobs and what makes some materials more special than others." he brings forth the compass he had been using for a while and mutters. "Maybe even invalidating the need to use this item. I think not even mother or father used to hold my hand as much as I've held it today!" I add with a smile, riding along the nice atmosphere that was currently between the two of us. "I'll gladly take you on that offer though.

And with a few precise hand gestures on my left, I send Aquan a friend request. " We can better keep in contact this way." I added as I next summoned my inventory and materialized in my left hand a couple of dark leather bound books about alchemy. Initially I found them untitled so as I made these copies, I named then 'Fool's gold rush' and 'Bloody immortality' . "These are for you, they are copies of the original manuscripts, so you can keep them.

ID# 187645  LD: 14+3 CD: 1 (Material found!)

Materials: 4

Edited by Dracul

Aquarian was very, very happy at that moment. "Really?! I can keep them?! Thank you so much!" He gladly took the books and looked at both of their covers. He was tempted to start reading it now, but he put it away into his inventory before he was TOO tempted. "The book primarily gives stories and history, however there may be some info that I did not find in there about materials and hunting! It would be interesting if monsters gave unique materials than just a standard base array of them." He paused, taking a breath and realizing that he was talking a mile a minute. "I'll make sure to let you know what I think of these books." He says in a quieter tone, accepting the friend request at the same time.

He pulls out his compass again, realizing that it was no longer working because he had already found the item he needed to finish the quest. "I wonder if magic will ever become something that players can use. It would make things much more complicated."

"That's what i'm hoping for too!" I mutter with a smile. But I notice that he kept cutting off his own enthusiasm. "Please, don't mind my words from earlier. You don't need to hold yourself back. It's better for me if you act as you please. " I hold up the item he just gave me and slightly bob it forwards and backwards. " I've studied body language for the better part of my life. And even after spending a little time together, I'm starting to get a read on you too." I wanted to tell him that it's useless and he's like an open book but decided against it. Need more time study him before I can make a bold statement like that, that might upset him.

"I can tell you're trying to make a good first impression but I'd like you to stop. I appreciate it more when people are true to their desires." I add with a small grin and proceed to store it in my inventory. Another glance at the compass, another disappointment. I let out a small sigh at the sight. 

ID# 187648  LD: 9+3  CD: 3 (NO Loot!)

Materials: 4

Edited by Dracul