[PP-F1] Wait... This Profession exists now?!?!? <<EAL: Gatherer>> (Dracul)

Aquarian was not exactly sure what to say or do when Dracul told him to stop holding back his personality. The man was right, Aquarian was holding back and talking less than normal so he did not worry the man, but it has been a while for him since someone was accurately able to call that out on him. "Thank you Dracul." He says quietly, returning the grin he was given.

"What would you do when it comes to magic? In the real world I traveled a lot and helped my parents take photographs of nature, so I think I would go something more natural, like druid craft. The idea of conjuration and divination are very interesting, but I'd rather stick with what I know in that aspect. However, it would be interesting if you could learn any type of magic, no matter what you started in." He almost apologized for rambling,  but cut himself off before he could finish the word. "What type of magic would you use? I'm not very good at reading people so I can not tell from my perspective."

"That's better." I mutter with a small grin as I mentally braced against the barrage of questions. "Aren't we already using magic?" I asked as I circled through some junk items in my inventory and materialized them, one after another in my left hand. "Not to mention the skills and mods let us push our bodies over the normal human capabilities. Our weapons are capable of burn, poison, bleed... how else can u explain those effects if not magic. If the NPCs of this world would be sentient, most of the things we do would seem magic to them." I knew this was a more pragmatic way of looking at it but it was how I saw it. 

"Now imagine if our ancestors saw our civilization back in the real world. metal carriages that move by themselves, big metal birds in the sky capable of carrying dozens of people at a time. eh?" I ask rhetorically while raising a hand. "You get what I’m saying? to them and us, everything that we have yet to understand seems like 'magic'." I lightly chuff and take a deep breath afterwards. "But to answer your question. I'd use anything that allowed me to gain more knowledge of the world." I take a few steps forward, looking at another material that caught my eye then turn around and open my arms ceremoniously "After all, knowledge is power! Do you want me to be more specific?"

ID# 187652  LD: 15+3  CD: 3 (Material found!)

Demonic Shard: 0/1
Materials: 5

Edited by Dracul

Aquarian paused for a moment. He realized he never really looked at what they could do already as magic. "I suppose you are right, what we can do with our skills and accessories does seem to be magic." He was really enjoying this conversation. He liked the way Dracul's brain worked and it only furthered his happiness with questing with Dracul. Thinking of technology and advancement as technology. "I know if I lived during the Salem Witch Trials and saw a phone, I would immediately call it witchcraft." He mused to himself with a little smirk.

"So, you would fit the archetype of Wizard quite well.... And you do not have to be more specific if you do not want to. Magic for knowledge does make sense. I suppose that is something I enjoy, but the prospects of flora and fauna draw my mind away from anything like that." He nodded and continued the walk, taking in the day. "Do you believe something like the Storm will happen again? It seems as though an expansion was put into the game, but I am curious to see if it will happen again. I can not think of anything to add. Well, maybe throwable weapons or an expansion to guilds.... But beyond that I'm not sure." He shrugs and looks to Dracul for his answer.

Resting my chin on my left palm I ponder: "Wizard, I think that can work." but then I stop entertaining more in-depth thoughts than that. Unlike my companion, I am no romantic, never had the time or opportunity to be. Next up he brings up something I didn't have time to plan for. I snap my fingers and gently pop my index in front of my face. "A welcomed change if you ask me. However I'd rather it happen without any of the drama this update had." I really didn't enjoy being lost in the fog then swallowed whole by a dark tide of ink-like liquid. I'd be surprised if any of the played did.

"I haven't explored the systems of this... world, deep enough to give you a educated guess." I almost said game but it became painfully obvious since day one that this wasn't a game anymore. Not for us. "Personally I'd like to see some sort of apprenticeship system for profession. Having one individually is nice and all but I'd like a some more options and benefits and less restrictions from working with my assistants." I watch once more as the needle of this vile compass moves all over the place.

ID# 187768  LD: 10+3  CD: 6 (NO loot!)

Edited by Dracul

He nodded a long while Dracul talked. His face dropped ever so slightly when it came back around to talking about the dramatics of the storm. "Yeah... The storm was not so kind to me and others who tried to fend it off on the 7th Floor..." His voice trailed off as he continued to listen to him. He did not know the high end pieces of the Crafting system, but it would be interesting to have multiple people working together on projects. "The work would definitely go faster if multiple people were working together."

He thought more on what he would want to be added. "I suppose I would want Guilds to become more of a big deal. As of right now they are worth it some what, but after joining a guild there is no real incentive to continue working with the guild. If you are looking for party members, it is easy to go to the community board and reach out, as what I did today and how we met to do this quest. Maybe Guild exclusive quest or more unique buffs to being apart of a guild."

Guilds, yet another gray area that I barely scratched. Yet this time, I can bring my own view on some of the presented points, so I take the opportunity to interject: "Technically, I have been part of one of the biggest merchant guild in Aincrad. Past tense, mind you. I can 100% claim that I have not even once stepped inside the guild hall. Even for registering as a member, I did that via DMs. " I lightly chuckle as I remember how convenient if was to reap the benefits of the guild just by being a member with nothing to give in return. I've never been interested in interacting with other outside the 'job', even on the outside world I have attended high society balls and meetings because 'it was my duty'. 

"Seeing guilds become a more important social structure could be something positive, but then again m experience is limited in that regard." I lightly shrug, making sure to diligently check the compass.

ID# 187769  LD: 10+3  CD: 8 (NO loot!)

Edited by Dracul
  • 2 years later...

We continued to chat a bit more and make our way through our gathering quests. Aquan proved to be more attuned to this type of work and meet the quest requirements far more earlier than myself. As I was in no rush we agreed that he could go about his day and after a few more friendly exchanges we said our goodbyes for the day with a promise to reunite for some other occasion. He was a good fellow and I almost had to force him to leave, explaining that he simply had better luck than me in meeting the requirements for the «Forager» title. He reluctantly went back to return Giovanna's «Cursed Compass» after I reiterated to him the fact that it was for the best if he could go now. 

With my own cursed compass in hand I continued the search for this elusive Demonic Shard in solitary.

Continuing my quest for herbs and plants in the expansive world of Sword Art Online, I can't help but reflect on how the task has become at least ten times more tedious since I set out alone. The surroundings are serene, with occasional glimpses of the local wildlife, but encounters with them are disappointingly brief. These creatures seem to regard me as an imminent threat, scurrying away hastily as soon as they catch sight of me. I've tried various gestures and expressions to establish a non-threatening presence, but it seemed futile.

Contrary to the seamless integration of some creatures into this virtual realm, there exist anomalies that disrupt the carefully crafted illusion of Sword Art Online. These beings, wandering out of the shadows of meticulous design, appear as if they were plucked from another dimension entirely. It's as though Cardinal's usually meticulous hand faltered, leaving behind entities that defy the established harmony.

ID# 218747  LD: 4+3  CD: 4 (NO loot!)

Edited by Dracul

These outliers stand out like anomalies in the code, their movements less fluid, their appearances less refined. Their behavior diverges from the expected patterns, almost as if they are glitches in the system rather than intentional inhabitants of this fantastical world. In the dappled light filtering through the virtual foliage, I can't shake the feeling that these creatures are remnants of a forgotten algorithm or perhaps the result of an unexpected variable in Cardinal's grand design.

Yet, despite their apparent dissonance, these anomalies contribute to the overarching mystery of Sword Art Online. Each awkwardly crafted entity sparks curiosity, inviting contemplation on the complexities of Cardinal's creation. As I navigate this virtual wilderness, these out-of-place beings serve as a constant reminder that, even in this meticulously designed realm, elements of unpredictability persist, adding an extra layer of intrigue to my exploration.

As I meandered through the digital foliage, my musings interrupted by the buzzing of my pocket, I instinctively reached for my left side. Retrieving the vibrating object, I chuckled at the absurdity of my reaction—old habits retained even in this fantastical realm. Holding the device to my ear, I listened to the phantom vibrations for a second, a reminder of a time long gone.

Glancing at the location marked on the compass that surfaced from the depths of my pockets, I discovered an unexpected find. Nestled in the underbrush was an oddly shaped object, resembling a tooth or, perhaps, a horn from a different perspective. Intrigued, I picked it up and examined it more closely before tossing it into a designated quest inventory. This was the Demonic Shard Giovanna sent us to find!

ID# 218748  LD: 20+3  CD: 8 (Demonic Shard found!)

Demonic Shard: 1/1

Edited by Dracul

Continuing my journey back to the quest giver, I marveled at the peculiarities of this world. The digital wilderness echoed with mysteries, blending the magical and the mundane. As I approached the cozy campsite, Giovanna, the woman in green, awaited. Her emerald eyes sparkled with curiosity as I handed her the enigmatic find.

"So, you've found a Demonic Shard! You continue to impress me. I'll confess, you've learned all that I could teach you through this single quest. Trial by fire has always been my preferred style," Giovanna declared with a grin, extending her hand. "As payment for your troubles, why don't you keep the Shard? I will be needing the compass back, however. Next time you hunt for a Shard, you will have to earn it the hard way—with your own skill!"

With those words, a sense of accomplishment surged through me. I had acquired the <<Forager>> profession, a testament to my journey through this digital wilderness and the knowledge gained from an unexpected find.

Thread Rewards:

Word count: 6266 (link)
(Word Count / 10) * (Player's Tier) * (Group Factor)
6266/10 * 2 * 0,7 = 877

Dracul:

• +1177 EXP |  877 [Thread] + 300 [Quest]
  • +400 Col [Thread]
  • +1x Demonic Shard
  • +5x Materials
  • <<Forager>> Profession

Aquan:

• +1177 EXP 877 [Thread] + 300 [Quest]
  • +400 Col [Thread]
  • +1x Demonic Shard
  • +1x Materials