[SP|F01] <<EaL:Fishing>> Angling 101

Lucas had finally made his way as far out as he could fathom, considering his current level. Maybe his recent interactions emboldened him, or maybe he was just now working up the courage to go out in the field now that he had worked his way up a few levels. It's not like he had been in trouble where he was, but he was definitely not fond of being in danger. "Maybe I'll actually go out and get a job, might be easier to make money that way." The boy would remark as he walked up to the janky shack overhanging a lake. The man walks up and speaks to Lucas, making a remark about what most people would expect when looking for an angler. "No no, I heard my dad liked to fish so I don't picture old men when I think of fishermen." The boy explains, forgetting he's talking to a mass of code.

The man quickly explains what to do and Lucas decides he has nothing better to do, so why not take a shot? Besides, a rainbow fish sounds really cool so it could make a cool story for him to tell his new friend. Lucas grabs a fishing pole and walks outside to the lake before looking around and setting down on a rock. The bait sits in an opened tin as the kid struggles to put some on the hook. His brother taught him how to bait a hook when he was a wee lad, so Lucas had some experience in this regard.

And the first bit was cast, Lucas couldn't help but feel antsy, wondering if he was going to catch anything scary. It was almost as if he wanted something crazy to happen. Monsters were great fun to fight, if he could handle them. He didn't like hurting things though, so most of the time he found some lower level players to help him. This time though he was by himself and his friend he had just made was sitting in his shack.

As Lucas slowly reeled in the line he felt a snag, but nothing really bit so he would have to reset his cast. "I wonder if I'll be allowed to keep the fish I catch." The young boy would say, quietly of course, wouldn't want to scare away the fish he was hoping for. A quick wind up and flick forward would set the cast a good 20 feet from shore and Lucas would sit for a moment. 

"I hope the fish are tasty here, I used to love Salmon back home."

--------------------------------------------------------

ID: 187600

CD: 1 (fail)

Edited by Lucas

Lucas's line sat dormant for a moment, floating in the water like a log, so the boy gave it a light flick. Maybe he could get a bite if he was a bit more patient. As of right now though, it might be better to just recast and hope for the best. His brother's tricks might not help a lot in this world, but the boy was hoping they could. Might be nice to keep a bit of home with him as he goes. He always said, "take a bit of smelly bait, a nice comfortable pole and a wonderful day, and you'll catch a lake's worth of fish in no time." He knew so much about the world it's hard to believe I can ever survive here without him. Memories of the pranks his brother always pulled came flooding back as Lucas watched the light reflect off of the water.

"Oh shoot."

His hand grasped the reel and started working, pulling the ruined bait in and inspecting the line. Bait can't survive forever, even if it was prayed over by a priest.

ID: 187602

CD: 7 (fail)

Edited by Lucas

Putting another tiny bit of bait on the line and pulling it back, Lucas thought about his older sister, how she used to always cheer him up when life was getting a bit rough. One time after Lucas had broken up a fight, getting hurt pretty badly in the process, he came home to a table full of his favorite foods. His sister stood smiling over the mess of junk food without asking him anything about what happened. She knew if he was going to tell her what happened he would, but for now celebrating such a good deed would suffice.

He did eventually tell her and she hugged him for being a brave little bird. He hated the nickname but she wouldn't stop calling him that even if he'd asked nicely. Not a mean bone in his body and that's thanks to his loving family. The line reached the shore with the idle sway of the water to match his thoughts. His bobber floated up gently to the cane pole he was growing very fond of.

ID: 187604

CD: 2 (fail)

Edited by Lucas

As yet another empty hook seemed to crush the boy's spirits, Lucas only sat in wait. The weather was cool and the wind kissed the boy's cheeks gently. How could he be upset on a day like this. Mama used to say, "Why frown while the Earth is smiling so bright?" And if Lucas was being honest, just the thought often managed to cheer him up so quickly. "Guess it's time to try again." He would mumble to himself as he wound back for yet another wonderful cast.

Hopefully this time such a wonderful cast would bring something in. Slowly though, his high spirits would be eaten away slowly as the empty hooks piled up. If only these fishies would bite so I could go get some snacks, or take a walk through town. I guess I'll have to sit here and just keep going until Sunset, then I can take a nap and try again after. The water remained dormant but the fish were certainly stirring beneath.

ID: 187605

CD: 2 (fail)

Edited by Lucas