[PP-F8] Wayward wandering <<Monkey King>>

Cerulean eyes open as she gazes about the floor and the first thing that strikes her about this is the vast change from what she could remember about how the place use to be from last she had wandered these great forests and its canopy of beasts and tree top towns. With herself however where there was once villages only obscured by the trees or small towns hidden to avoid detection from the predatory creatures that wandered this world there is now a sprawling town as she slowly gazes around surprised at such a change and the vast changes that must've occurred. Her brows furrow as she takes a few tentative steps forward wearing her armor wreathed in fire with her shield rested upon her back held there by straps that wrapped around her armor with the strap made of leather around her neck being a snowglobe that holds forever falling flakes of what would seemingly be actual snow. With only ever so slightly below the snowblobe being a crescent moon necklace that she had gained from the queen of floor twenty three before she died. By her side being her monochromatic familiar as the inquisitive female player makes her way into what looks like a vastly dense elven populace that use to not be on this floor from what her memory is trying to tell her.  How did players not got harmed during the transition? What if they were walking around minding their own business, or something. She asks herself softly while gazing around her eyes catching an interesting site walls surrounding the city like that of a kingdom, watch towers, and lastly a great tree that seems to be trying to overshadow the town itself.

@Hirru

Combat info:

Spoiler

Skills

Spoiler

Combat Skills

[36 SP] BH rank 5 MOD: emergency (45 HP, 90 emergency)  mod eng cost=10

[10 SP] Fighting Spirit [passive]

[15 SP] Howl+ADDON Focused howl [+4 aoe, +6 single]  [2eng CD:2, 4eng CD:4]

Armor Skills

[36 SP] HA rank5 MOD: iron skin (+15 mit, 60 HP)= 50 mit, 60 HP

Combat Mastery

[13 SP] Mitigation:6*tier mit=72 mit

Familiar skills

[10 SP] Protector familiar: 10% final damage free action CD:3

Extra Skills [tier* total]

[52 SP] First aid [15 eng, post action]= 20% max health of target   (costs 2 slots)
MODS:
Barrier=ENG: 15, CD:3, post action=15% party final damage reduction
Field Medic eng 15, CD:3, post action=heal party 25% max hp
Energize: post action, eng 10  [restore 8 hp] ADDON:hyperactive (post action, eng 5, CD:3)=passive regen of target +3

ACTIVE MODS: Iron skin, rampart, barrier, field medic, emergency

Equipment

Spoiler

<<Lun'Rael's Insignia>> (Unique Vanity Item)A small badge bearing Queen Lun'Rael's seal: a crescent moon with a single twinkle of starlight. The pendant is quite ornate, decorated with a single diamond gemstone.

Item Name: Winter's Dream
Item Tier: 4
Item Type: Trinket
Item Enhancements: Life Mending+2, +1 accuracy
Description: A small snowglobe that can be worn around the neck that gives off a faint sensation of calm like a winter's dream from so long ago.

Name: Aegis
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 8
ID: 98814
Roll: 9
Item Type: Shield
Quality: perfect
Tier: 4
Enhancements: +2 Thorns, +1 Recovery
Description: A shield modeled after the Aegis shield of Athena with jagged bits of metal along it in the form of teeth.

Name: Prometheus' Blessing
Tier: 4
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Flame Aura / Taunt / Heavy Momentum
Description: A constant light aura of flames wraps around the armor like a cape of flames. The armor depicting Prometheus giving humanity their flames of intelligence and creativity.
Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/16227-f17-rank-5-merchant-valkyries-ascension/?do=findComment&amp;comment=572872 

Stats:

Spoiler

Hestia: HP:900/900 EN:102/102  Mit:163[FA:16] Thorns:80[FA:8]  BH:45  emergency:90 when 225 hp or lower  Recovery: +4 eng CD: 7+

Paragon bonus=col equal to 10% exp reward, +3%EXP gain

House bonus= Attic(storage)=+5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests,  Master bedroom(-1 energy to first three expendetures in combat)

A great change had taken hold over the floating castle, Aincrad.  After the Catastrophe, many floors geography and mapping have changed, or mixed together from other floors.  This would be the case in, what used to be, the jungle floor.  It has now become a verdant tapestry of elvish fauna and flora.  Sprawling towns, once simple tree houses interconnected by wooden bridges, have now become ripe with unusual architecture.  Elves, and Treants, now populate this floor, where they once resided together only around the 3rd floor. 

Was everything thrown back together in haste?  Was this something that happened a lot in 'video games'?  How could this have happened?

Hirru had not had time to regroup with his trusted friends: Baldur, and Shield.  With the chaos that erupted from the 'update,' that forced everyone into a new way of life, to onslaughts of new areas and quests having different rewards.  There wasn't much time to think things through any more.  There was no time to hesitate.  He needed to find people he could build trust with.

Leaning over the gated fencing that covered most of Florenthia, about the only town that seemed to keep its old architecture.  Even if most of it is on the ground level now.  Looking down into the undergrowth, where the Monkey King once called home, the green haired Jade Hunter could only the little huts that dotted the area.

"This place has changed too.."

He sighed, drooping his head to the fencing, allowing a silver crescent moon symbol to dangle slightly out of his armor.

Combat Stats @Hestia

Spoiler

Hirru Lvl 31 (PL 26)

720 HP (+100 PL)
90 Energy (+10 PL)
2 Accuracy
1 Evasion
20 Base Damage (23 w/ Ferocity & Impetus) [28 w/ Charge]
107 Mitigation
Paragon Bonus:
Col equal to 10% Exp Gain, +3% Exp Gain

Equipment

Betrayal of the Last Knight ........ // +12 Damage
Spirit of the Jade Dragon .......... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Bulwark ............................ // +72 Mitigation
Blades Cloak ....................... // Vanity
Dimensional Backpack ............... // +1 B.R.I Slot

Battle Ready Inventory

<Teleportation Crystal> x1 ......... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>

Skills

Two Handed Straight Sword .......... // Rank 5: +7 DMG
Heavy Armor ........................ // Rank 5: +35 MIT
Search and Detect .................. // Rank 5: +5 LD | +5 Stealth Detect
Charge ............................. // Rank ?: +5 DMG on successful first strike

Extra Skills

Concentration ...................... // +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown
Survival ........................... // Heal 45 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage

Skill Mods

Reveal (Add on)..................... // +2 to Labyrinth searches|Post 15 searchs
Detect ............................. // +1 to Labyrinth searches|+2 Stealth Detect
Impetus ............................ // +1 Dmg
THSS Ferocity ...................... // +2 Dmg to all THSS Sword Arts
THSS Stamina ....................... // -2 EN to all THSS Sword Arts

Edited by Hirru

She carries herself through the floor gazing around at the architecture that had changed from rural towns that barely functioned to a grand kingdom made of elves she looks around not noticing any spiteful looks like their dark elven halves did back up on floor twenty three. Making her way through the area she just keeps her ears open trying to see if any information would slip about what is going on in this war from those that she would pass by as she made her way towards the western gate of the village to exit this place and explore the rest of the forest with due vigor and exploration.  Some things slowly filter towards her in the noise of the town and while making way one thing has become apparent children are either non-existent or they are within their homes or at some type of school at the moment since unlike the other floors where it would be usual to see a child running about every now and then there was none to be seen.

With that has come also the information that apparently the monkey king had still lurked within this forest though it sounded like that of a much more distant trouble then what it was before though from what she can gather it might be due to being in a different village entirely where one could get the quest.  She also heard whispers of activity towards the east and heard the name treant be dropped in regards to that as her mind stopped trying to pull up information that had occurred as she walks forward trying to remember why this sounds so familiar to her the noise of the town and the babbling of the river and wind blown through the trees serving like a white static as she just thinks on that. Vague memories fill her mind of having fought against Treants on a floor that was not as densely packed with forests, but with the war just as old and spiteful from what she can try to remember.

Exiting the town and making her way towards the monkey king she remembers floor three is where it once was and with that comes with the knowledge of not just the floors' settlements have changed, but even their old lore and ways of existing have vastly changed and with that maybe even the quests have changed fundamentally. She makes her way towards the other town towards the west Florenthia making her way through the forest keeping her hand against her chest to pull her shield free if any creature tried to jump at her a slowly dawning realization just how bad she would be without any weapon at her side. 'I really should have at least put one point into a weapon so that i can defend myself, but from that one mob i fought at least they don't seem that hard to fight so the quests probably aren't that bad either. Doesn't mean other players jumping me isn't any less terrifying.' The thought of someone as strong as a frontliner trying to kill her is a rather bone chilling thought since she really couldn't grasp what motivates player killers to any extent.

Making her way into Florenthia after time of walking into silence the one thing that makes her stop at the town's edge is the sight of treant and elf alike living peacefully with one another during a time of great strife and war. A small smile appears on her face at seeing that a gentle hope of peace in the future and seemingly from the state of the homes looking like they worked hard to keep this place functioning. Though she can't help but notice the slightly wary looks of the Treants when they see her, as she looks confused at first before noticing that her armor is surrounded in fire.

Edited by Hestia

Information gathered seemed to tell that the NPC that gives this quest is some researcher.  He will talk to those that answer the call of help from some of the towns people.  That was what fascinated Hirru now.  From his old knowledge, he could just go out and find the Monkey King on his own.  There was no need to talk to anyone, or anything.  Now, the world has become quite louder than usual.  Voices and conversations could be heard here and there, and NPCs would run to you, out of nowhere, and request aid.  Although, they used to do that before, now they seem to have more lively issues about them.

His mind was buzzing with questions, and there were barely any answers that could avail it.  All of these beings were not alive.  They were not people, but things called A.I., Artificial Intelligence.  They could talk, but only to a point.  Hirru could still tell that some of the overheard conversations were beginning to repeat themselves.  Every so often, the same three elves would run by, notice Hirru as an outsider, and ask for aid.  He would turn down every one, and with that, the quest would never start.

It wasn't that he didn't want to do it.  He just wanted to wait for another.  He had not made any arrangements, but he wanted to wait and see if any other players would come by.  If he could possible find one that had not heard of his betrayal; or, at least, someone he could gain trust with.  His list of trusted individuals plummeted down to two; or was it, that they were raised to two?  Could he let them 

As he thought, Hirru saw irregular movement from the entrance to Florenthia.  It would seem that another player had entered.  Immediately, Hirru sharpened his gaze with all Search skills and modification that allowed his sight to be amplified.  Although they were not magnified, his sight could still tell a familiar face when he saw it.

Bolting down a stairwell that hugged a tree trunk, he would race past several onlooking elves and treants, his signiture green hair flailing in the aftermath.  He would stop feet away from someone that he had not seen in the disaster.

"Hestia?!"

She just gives an awkward wave towards the treants and gives them the space that they clearly want not wanting to make things worse for these people that clearly just wantto live in peace and be left alone by the dangers of this floor and world that they had come to be left in. Gazing around she watches the people of this town trying to get a good idea of what they are living for and what their lives are like just glancing around at the various npcs and finding guards few in number seemingly to just function with maybe four that she can see right away? There is most likely a few more walking about or maybe there is even a guard post that holds a entire troop ready to be deployed. Though she can't find that likely if these two races are living harmoniously at least from how she can see they are acting, but maybe it is more likely to say the people keep themselves in check and have more hunters then they do designated guards standing and looking menacing.

Making her way through the town at a steady pace familiar at her side she suddenly finds someone that is most definitely not an elf in front of her having green hair like that of the forest and a cloak and clothes around them. Wait....Hirru? She says curiously that then turns a bit to excitement at being able to see that someone that she knows is here as well the raven haired tank giving a friendly and happy look towards her fellow frontliner. How have you been? I know things were kinda rough for saying the least since last i saw you around. She says in a gentle tone of voice as she gazes towards the man as she then realizes she still is holding her shield as she puts it back onto her back with the strap going around the handle of the shield so that it can hang slightly loosely on her back. So why are you here? I heard that the monkey king is still around so i was curious if he changed at all seemed like it'd be a fun challenge to get myself back into this game with everything that has changed.

It was definitely her.  Although they had only really met once or twice, Hirru could still say that Hestia was one of the few frontliners that he could probably trust.  That is to say, if Baldur could trust her, then so could he.  The first time he truly met her, he was introduced through Baldur, before the hunter collapsed from exhaustion.  Other than that, he mostly knew her from all of their raid battles on the front lines.  An excellent tank, and proper leader when the going got rough.  It was mostly her that tried to talk the 23rd bosses down, until he..

"I've been.. not so good."

He chuckled weakly, before exhaling heavily through his nostrils, letting his shoulder sink into a heavy sigh.  Could he really tell someone that barely knows him, that he barely knows himself?  Could he really say, 'I don't remember the other side.'  to someone other than Baldur, Shield, and Beat?  Those were the only ones he could slightly trust anymore.  He had failed all of the front lines, by not truly understanding.

"Let's just say, since.. that day.  I've been trying to figure some things out."

He then gestured slightly to his right.  Though, it could be more of a gesture to everything around.

"That is, until all this happened before I could understand anything, but I'm about to go off on a rant.  Yeah, I'm more looking into the differences that are occuring in each and every floor.  This quest was one of them, but I would rather not go it alone, so I've been waiting for other players to join.  Though, I don't know how well information has spread about that day..  I don't think people will join a tra.."

<<Traitor>>

Sinking back into his slightly old routine, the gave a slightly brighter smile.  A quick thump of his fist to his chest, mirroring a more boasterous man.

"So, how have you been?"

Her smile goes to a slight frown upon hearing his words as her mind floats into different prospects of what could have occurred from what happened since then as she can have a view guesses of what could've been going on for the green haired man. The way that what occurred dividing the frontlines and subsequently caused issues amongst its ranks.  From what she can tell it impacted the man a lot that or he was always not feeling that great within this game it's hard to tell when she had only really met him upon the frontlines during where they risked their lives. It's hard to tell if the tiredness one might see is due to running about and taking hits or just due to some innate exhaustion they carry always from some unexplained cause that she wouldn't really try to assume whatever they are going through.

She nods her head in as much understanding as she could gleam from what was said getting the idea that people might've talked to Hirru during his time away or after she left about his actions that made him think stuff over. Well if it's any consolation towards you Hirru i agreed with what you did. Maybe not for the same reasons you had, but i agreed with you the entire way and still do till even right now.  The raven haired girl says with confidence and conviction a fiery look in her eyes when speaking upon that subject as her right hand lightly taps the crescent moon pendant upon her neck two fingers lightly wrapping around it habitually.

Though in regard to your question i've been kinda tired really so i took a break from the frontlines for more then just being tired. Other factors pushed forward that reasoning  to needing to take sometime to myself. She says with a light smile and a shrug of her shoulders her mind wandering to her meeting with Shield, baldur, and macradon upon floor twenty four. The following floor boss meeting and how it boiled over into chaos all because she wanted the frontlines to stand strong and remain safe. Even if certain precuations in her mind had to be secured that costed them some members in the end.  Overall though getting better which i'm thankful for, and if you need a friend for this quest then might i suggest myself? I have stuck with the tank and healer thing. As you can probably tell from a lack of a scabbard or sheathe at my hip i kinda don't have any weapons. She says with a nervous laugh and smile as she rubs the back of her head. And from what i can tell from a little test fighting monsters they kinda all got stronger and healthier soo i'm kinda out of a solo gig.

His grin fell straight to what was being told to him.  Baldur had not told him any of what happened after the 24th Labyrinth Guardian.  It seemed like there was some heavy complications and consequences for his own actions.  There wasn't much that could be now, but he needed to hear from the grand samurai.

"Listen.. I.."

"Are you strong adventurers?!  Please help us, against the ever encrouching Monkey King!"

A young elf had shouted out behind Hirru to his dismay.  It was a matter of time before the next NPC would come up, but it was for the better.  They were both here on a mission, and it was here awaiting them.

"We'll have to talk about that later.  These guys have been barking at me to start this quest for a couple hours now.  Also, don't worry about DPS?  Is that the right term?  Anyway, I took a page from Mac, and upgraded to Two Handed Straight Sword."

He sighed while sending Hestia a party invite, before looking back towards the elf.

"Yes, we are.  Is there someone we can talk to?"

The elf NPC's eyes shone in understanding, but could it really be such.  Too much has to be questioned about what is alive and what is not.  The elf pointed them to a little hut near the edge of town.

"Please, see our zoologist, <<Remington>>.  He and Captain Sewallus were the last ones to see it."

Once more another sentence cut short either due to his own hesitation of what he could be sharing that could be a bit much for him to say outright or maybe the npc had really just been that loud. In either case she shifts her gaze to look beyond Hirru towards the elven male that had spoken out towards them as she nods her head a bit at that knowing that at least the npcs have come to them to point them in the direction rather then herself and hirru having to wander around aimlessly to try and find this monkey king. Her eyes widen slightly when hearing the amount of time Hirru waited which to her is surprising waiting for more than hour was already kinda mind numbing if it was in anticipation for something to be happening. More than that and she would've started messaging people to see if anyone would've been okay with joining her on this quest to try and save on time, but maybe people were just busy all over aincrad with their own quest of choice or talking to people about the changes? I think that's the correct term i'm not much for using the game's terminologies damage is damage and i'm not much into games this is kinda like my fourth or fifth one i've ever played i think. Maybe more but it's hard to remember precise details of the real world. She says with a small shrug of her shoulders not caring all that much about precise terms since at the end of the day all that needs to matter when communicating is the simple understanding of one can tank the other can hit things good. The more precise numbers could be saved for the frontlines where that matters far more greatly then a simple quest.

She hits the accept on the party invite given to her by hirru as she then looks towards the npc as a bit of information peeks her interest about how quests are and floors are being handled seemingly. Wait we have to go talk to someone, and they have actual jobs. That's pretty cool actually. She says rather excitedly and walks over towards the npc and gives a friendly smile upon her face and pats their shoulder. Don't worry we'll handle this and soon the threat won't be bothering you anymore. A hollow promise one that she sadly has to accept since doesn't matter if she kills the monkey a thousand times, it'll always be here a million times more lurking ready to finish them off if an event decrees it so.  Her cerulean gaze then turns towards the hut and makes her way over there patting the side of her leg two times rather quickly as her familiar gets up from his spot upon the ground and walks over towards her to walk by her side on the left of the tank. On the way she turns towards Hirru with a curious gaze. So what were you going to say if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Hestia

Coming to the hut of Remington, the zoologist, Hirru was asked by the curious girl beside him.  He had forgot that she was just like him, a seeker of knowledge in any corner of the world.  Was she like this in the other world too?  It seemed from what she said earlier that she was having hard times remembering things from the other side too.

"Oh that.  I've just been having trouble with some of those details, as well.  Terminology and slang that everyone keeps using.  At first, I was mostly rolling with it, as sometimes it didn't all matter.  Though, as time went on and I got stronger, everything kept getting more serious."

Gesturing to everything again, before 

"To become part of the front lines, I had to join parties and guilds to keep alive and keep getting stronger.  I had to keep track of not only my own stats, but everyone elses.  It felt like I had to keep all this information to heart, or else become consumed by something more."

He sighed before coming to the entrance to the hut.  

"I got consumed by that knowledge after too long, because I thought it would give me what I wanted.  Instead, I only found pain."

From inside the hut, you can hear someone rummaging through some papers before they could hear a man's voice come from inside.

"Took you long enough!  I heard you were the adventuring type, not the time wasting one.  Come in!"

She nods her head understanding what he had said since it is something she feels close to understanding quite a lot as well from her own experiences within this world that has become her home and prison. Her glaze looks towards her own health bar, and energy and subsequently just all her stats that she knows like the back of her hand, and then with how hard it was to get uniques from other individuals. Though she can't help but wonder what he meant by the idea of being consumed by information of what he was learning and how such information could bring pain. I get that. She says the only words she is able to get out before the voice of a man comes from inside as she just offers a smile towards Hirru with a quick nod of her head. We can talk about this on the way when we go to fight the king or afterwards if you want, but for now seems like it's time for business. She says in a gentle tone of voice of understanding before opening the door and entering into the hut that is the home of the zoologist with the room looking rather orderly with the sole exception of the man's work area which has papers that he is working on from what she can see as she offers the elf a polite smile. The scent of smoke hitting her nose as she tries to find a fireplace around, but there being none that her eyes could spot then as if to confirm it she sees a puff of smoke leave his lips a few seconds after. Sorry for the wait sir the name is Hestia, and sorry for taking up your time more then what was needed. We are here to defeat the monkey king and i'm curious if you can provide any information. She says as politely as she can waving away any smoke that gets close to her face as her kind eyes would slowly grow to annoyed the longer she stayed in front of this smoking elf. Her familiar staying next to one of the windows of the hut making sure to enjoy the pure air.

The man known as Remington sat on a wooden chair of unusual craftsman ship.  Not exactly crude, but most of his furniture was roughly made, as if they were all hastily made some time ago.  Shuffling around his chair from his desk that held many different documents, probably about his job.. 

'What does a zoologist even do?'

The thought came to his mind before having a puff of smoke nearly sufficate him.  He only knew of a couple NPC's on other floors that would smoke, but always outside.  This placed reeked to high heaven!  Though, it felt.. it felt..

"So you are here to take care of the King, huh?  Seem capable enough to not die out here, so I guess you'll have to do.  I'm Remington, the town's zoologist.  I keep records of the forest's creatures, including behavior, habits, and distinguishing patterns."

He pulls some documents off the table, and hands one of them to Hestia, since she took the inititive to introduce herself.  Looking over at it, it seems to be written in an odd language.  Hirru didn't understand any of it, probably the elvish written language.  However, it seemed to have some different descriptions and sketches of the Monkey King, at least, that's what the hunter could take from it.

"Uh.. I don't think we can read that?  Could you just tell us what the creature was like?  If there was anyone else there that could also recall what happened?"

"How have you survived without learning our.. never mind."

He grumbled before taking the document back.

"The primate in question, Monkey Cor'Quessir, or as you commoners call it, Monkey King, had been a rather peaceful guardian of the woods.  However, ever since the Great Separation, it had become enraged and attacked any that entered its territory.  It didn't become a problem until the current war started, and we started leaving that blasted environment for a peaceful land.  Unfortunately, Florenthia was founded and built next to its territory.  If we don't take care of it, it will destroy the entire population in minutes.  Elves and treants, trees and homes.  Our lone river will become a lake from it's devastation."

He stamps his cigarette into a stone basin, the smoke seemed to grow before being snuffed out.

"Captain of the Guard, Sewallus, was with me when we went to check on the creature.  I still don't know how we got away with our lives, but I can't be keeping you long.  You have a creature of madness to take care of, and I'm sure the Captain could help you more than I could.  He should be stationed at the first hut before the town's gate.  Now leave me to my work!"

She nods her head gently while listening to the man speaking as she takes the documents that get handed towards her while gazing down at them with a curious gaze looking at what is just a foreign language for her that would take time to get right to even a marginal degree what each little symbol could possibly mean.  Though knowing that the man keeps tracks of the various wildlife's behaviors and mannerisms does spark a bit of curiosity within herself wondering what type of things he has gathered from the various mobs, or maybe even the monkey king himself if he has had the opportunity to observe the beats itself.  However, gazing at the image itself she can see that to the average person the beast itself looks like it dwarfs most combatants by a large margin looking like it's at least five to eight times her size maybe even more if it stands up upon its legs. However, based on her memory it seems for the most part the beast has stayed the same in appearance with its rather large face and seemingly rather bulky looking arms that could crush a building.

Upon hearing the woods of Hirru and the response from the zoologist she hands the document back with a polite smile having learned enough for herself at the very least visually that their will be no surprises from this enemy. Her eyes widen a bit when hearing what the man says about this as her mind recollects as much as she could about the previous quest which seemingly just made it sound like a very big and aggressive ape that was just encroaching on their home, but not it seems to be the opposite humans coming in and taking residence in its territory. 'Though as far as we might know, maybe the territory of the monkey king might just be an excessive amount to start with.' She thinks herself. Well i thank you for your time sir and don't worry before the end of the day we will have dealt with your monkey problem we are more than just capable in dealing with this. She just gives a polite wave and would make her way out of the hut doing a short but quick whistle to call her familiar over towards her, and as soon as she leaves the hut she takes a deep breathe of the fresh air with a happy sigh glad to be out of the smokey hut.  Herself not finding much issue with the quest and based on what she heard the only thing that might be different is the strength of the creature since nothing else sounds that different at first glance with the zoologist.

Welp guess we got to go now towards this Sewallus guy we should try asking him about the ape's combat capabilities if he is the captain of the guard makes it sound like he would be more knowledgeable on what it can and can't do. She offers with a shrug putting her thoughts out there when hirru would come out of the hut as well. She then makes her way towards the hut that Remington pointed them towards gazing at the various npcs with a content look upon her face enjoying the peaceful vibe that this town has. I'm glad these people are able to find their peace within this area.

Following Hestia out of the hut, he began to rack his brain around what used to be part of the quest.  This Remington was not apart of the last quest, nor was Sewallus.  Whatever happened must have reset quite a few things to a more nature feel.  Was that something that could happen?  Could a game be made to become something more than it already was.  This <<VRMMORPG>> must be something else, if it can build entire civilizations and cultures artificially.  Hirru could only fathem the amount of rational information that he could find in just a single quest, but none of it helps him anymore.  The entire castle could fall apart, and the hunter would still be stuck where he was.  Alone in his thoughts, and lost to his memories.

"We'll see what he has to say, but I don't think there is much that probably changed.  It looks like this quest got quite a bit of information added to it.  So much that was filled in, instead of going and bashing a giant creature."

Hestia brought up that these people were finding peace.  How could one see them as people anymore?  Were they not NPC's?  Hirru was being confused on two fronts now.  He was sure that Baldur and Shield said that every being in this world, that wasn't a player, was artificial.  Yet, here she is; talking about how lively and peaceful artificial beings were.

As they approached the hut, the two of them could see a tall elf in rather unusual armor.  Could be elven in nature, but it seems very earthy and natural looking.  Though, it does show him in the light of a Captain.  He looked formidable.

"Captain Sewallus, I presume?"

"Yes, I am."

"Could you tell us about Monkey Corekuaysir?"

Hirru butchered the heck out of the elven language, and it showed on the guards visible frown.  

"Remington has told you enough about the Monkey King.  There is not much else I can say."

Not taking no as a no, Hirru pressed further.  This man was not one for words, it seemed.

"Is there any information on any abilities or how you guys survived.  Remington did say that the Monkey King was powerful, and destructive.  How did you two live?"

"Not by much more than a miracle.  The Monkey King was distracted, by what, I don't know?

She shrugs slightly at Hirru's words not finding much to put forward after that since their was not a lot to go forward with since they were both in the dark with about what they will find out during this quest. When reaching the guard's hut she looks at the captain and takes a moment to process the armor since it certainly was out there in terms of appearance not being anything she would ever come up with in a million years by herself, and certainly doesn't feel like it's based on another player's armor. Based on the visual asthetic it definitely feels like it's meant to blend into the foliage around here while with all the light spiked ends along it has this feel of being like a porcupine maybe as a defensive measure if they were to be hit. Tuning back into the conversation she would hear about a lack of information and seemingly the beast was faster compared to the last quest's lack of details at the very least but that might just be due to stature and how much ground it could cover.  Okay so something is in the forest possibly that could serve as bait then if it was valued more than you two possibly, maybe if we go back to where you saw the monkey king divert towards we could try and spot what it left behind if anything. Either it'll find us or we'll lure it out and attack it while it's distracted with what we used to bring it towards us. She offers as a possible plan as she looks towards the captain of the guard with a curious look upon her face wondering what he would respond to with this. Me and Hirru could handle it ourselves in terms of fighting, but if you want we wouldn't mind a guide to its territory or more accurately where it disappeared off to if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I can understand if you say no though since being the captain of this town i imagine you got more important things to do then survey an area with two outsiders. She offers politely as possible keeping in mind the possible responsibilities a person of his rank would have if they were real and the time that would need to be dedicated to keeping track of things and keeping things stable if something would occur. Though more terrifyingly the prospect of the king coming to this village instead of herself and hirru.

Sewallus nodded in agreement.  It seemed he was going to leave the two of them to it, as he walked back into the hut.  Hirru shrugged.  Hestia was right that they would be alright dealing with the issue without the Captain of the Guard.  The hunter turned to his comrade before noticing a third health bar pop up with them, under the name <<Sewallus, Captain of the Guard>>.

"Wait.. wha?"

Turning back, Captain Sewallus had came out with a rather large two handed axe carried over his shoulder.

"I will fight.  I will show you where we were last attacked."

He stated calmly before leading them out of the town gate and into the wilds.  Following his lead, Hirru would look back to make sure Hestia was keeping up.  This was quite a bit of difference from the old quest that he could remember.  Now they had a companion with them, which was heavily odd for the hunter.  He had heard of the quests on some of the lower floors that had NPC's joining with them, but had not had time to start them.  Since everything had changed, he wondered if they would be any harder than what he heard about.

Looking back to Hestia, he was slowly thinking that he should trust her more.  He let three people know, so far, but three people wasn't enough to say that he was trusted anymore.  Though, did anyone really remember that event other than those that it heavily affected?  Hestia seemed to remember, and she seemed to agree with him, in some way.

Before he could say anything about it, Sewallus stopped us.  Before them lay a land of desolated forestry; the trees were torn from their rooted earth and thrown, the earth was broken and cracked.  In several areas, one could see the footsteps and handprints of a large being smashing the ground.

"This was where we were last attacked.  The creature will come for us soon."

No sooner does he say this than the cracking of bark and shreding of foliage could be heard from the other side of the desolated crater.  A large howl came forth from the woods before a giant ape, <<Monkey King>>, appeared within its territory.

--Combat Start--

Almost immediately, Hirru heard a loud warcry come out of Sewallus, and a red aura appear around him.  Looking to his status bare, it seemed that he had an ability like Hestia and Shield.  <<Howl>>, the ability to gain the attention, or hate, of an enemy.  With that, the hunter pulled out his newly changed two handed blade, and charged.  Just as he was doing so, the Monkey King would also do the same.  The hunter hit hard, which made the Monkey King fail its attack on Sewallus.

"This won't take long!  Stay with us, Captain!"

[ID:188289] [BD: 6+2=8] [Hit]
[Sword Art: Galaxy Destroyer -12 EN] [Charge Activated] = (23+5)x17= 476-75 Mit= 401 Dmg

@Hestia

Spoiler

[H:1]<<Hirru>>  HP:720/720 | EN:68/80 | Mit: 107 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
[H:0]<<Hestia>> HP:900/900 | EN:102/102 | Mit:163[FA:16] | Thorns:80[FA:8] | BH:45  emergency:90 when 225 hp or lower | Recovery: +4 eng CD: 7+
[H:5]<<Sewallus>> HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1

<<Monkey King>> HP: 249/650 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2

Edited by Hirru

She would be rather happy when seeing the captain agree to serve as their help, or possibly diverting the work towards a lesser guard to guide them towards the location. However, her surprise was written upon her face when seeing the third health bar something she had never seen before from a quest in all of her time during Aincrad which possibly means this is special towards some quests or a general thing in all quest from here on out. Making that a mental note to write down alter into her Aincrad journal to keep things updated with all these changes that have come to this world that the npcs have a will to fight for the land that they live on now and willing to fight during quests and maybe even events possibly. You don't have to fight with us sir, but if you wish to do so i guess we can't stop you feel free to lead the way. Her tone of voice showing the surprise on her face as surprise would be replaced with a bit of excitement to see where this is going a grin upon her face as she would follow along keeping pace with both Hirru and the captain gazing at the captain's axe and figuring he must be some kind of DPS based on how that weapon looks. Though from what she knows of how Zandra fights it's more suited towards AoE most likely if things had stayed the same sine 2.6.

Making their way through the forest that might be more close towards a jungle of some kind she would keep her focus upon her surroundings taking things in with each step that would be taken as if trying to find any difference within this world. Many little rivers flowing through this side of the forest with her catching sight of some wildlife here and there taking some sips from those rivers, and then within the distance a land torn apart appears as they get stopped once they were within this area. Before she could question what the elf is talking about the idea of letting the ape come towards them did the rumbling of the ground and the sound of toppling trees echo throughout the forest as she would alongside Sewallus let out her very own howl to draw the hate towards her. She would raise her shield towards the large Ape as the hate would go towards her winning out by only a slim margin the ape would reel back a hand and slam into her shield the impact causing her to stagger slightly, but in the end hold her ground against that assault. Not trying to push back the beast as it would pull its hand back with a howl of pain from the attack it had taken followed by piercing his own hand on the jagged metal of her shield. Finish him off Hirru! She shouts over towards her quest partner with a grin upon her face as she gazes towards the monkey king and awaits for the next attack if hirru somehow missed.

Action: focused howl #188292 MD:5+2=7 80  200-163=37dmg  THORNS: 80 dmg  @

[H:1]<<Hirru>>  HP:720/720 | EN:80/80 | Mit: 107 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
[H:6]<<Hestia>> HP:863/900 | EN:98/102 | Mit:163[FA:16] | Thorns:80[FA:8] | BH:45  emergency:90 when 225 hp or lower | Recovery: +4 eng CD: 7+

<<Monkey King>> HP: 169/650 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2

@Hirru

Edited by Hestia

With Hestia taking over the attention of the <<Monkey King>>, Hirru could more than easily say that they were way too powerful for this quest.  Even with their stats dropped down from this <<System Update>>, they were still doing higher damages than they used to around the same level.  Though, at this point, he thinks that they're actually much stronger now.  Was it the two handed sword?  I could have been, but it may be due to the new tier unlocked for all of them.  Even with the hard set cooldown sword arts, there wasn't much that could go wrong.  Except, maybe missing.

"We have the beast on its last legs!"

Another shout from the Captain came, but this time it seemed like he was going for the attack.  Hirru joined in kind.  Ready to take the creature out, and earn them their rewards.

Sewallus dug in deep with his axe, which seemed to envoke some sort of extra power, as his hit seemed to make a large hole in the creatures natural armor.  Hirru took advantage of that opening and plunged several strikes into the heart of the beast.  It roared one last time, before shattering into millions of pieces.  After the battle concluded, the hunter turned to the elf.

"That was a useful ability.  Wish I could use it."

Sewallus comes over and gives a surprising smile.

"Thank you for helping Florenthia and her people.  Take this scroll, and it will reveal my technique." 

He would then bring up shoulder his ax as a quest window comes up for both Hestia and Hirru.  It was the quest rewards, but since Hirru and Hestia had already completed this quest there were only the small amount that they gained from killing the Monkey King.  However, something new came up.

Extra Skill Unlocked: <<Shatter>>

@Hestia

[ID: 188318] [BD: 8] Hit! -- Sewallus does 15 dmg (Shatter Active: -15 Mit / 3 turns)
[ID: 188317] [BD: 10] Crit +2!
[Calamitious Disaster x15 | -10 EN] -- (23+2)x15= 375-60= 315 Crit Dmg
[CD: 3] Odd loot = 2 Mats & 1950 Col

[ID: 188320] [LD: 1] Nothing Looted :O

[H:1]<<Hirru>>  HP:720/720 | EN:59/80 | Mit: 107 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1
[H:6]<<Hestia>> HP:863/900 | EN:98/102 | Mit:163[FA:16] | Thorns:80[FA:8] | BH:45  emergency:90 when 225 hp or lower | Recovery: +4 eng CD: 7+

<<Monkey King>> HP: 0/650 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2

Edited by Hirru

Hestia lets out a whistle when seeing the damage that is caused by the elven captain as sturdy fur and muscles of the monkey king got injured weakening the beast for HIrru to finish it off with one more strike with his blade.  That was really cool how did you get that strong Sewallus? She asks the captain of the guard while taking the scroll that was given to her as she unfurls it and sees the extra skill name and seeing how the technique is performed and how it applies to the game itself. Looking at the skill she would swipe open her menu and see that the skill is listed as extra skills meaning that for her this is outside of her use be it as tank or healer.  Looking towards Sewallus when being thanked Hetsia would give a smile and extend her hand towards the npc for a handshake. For myself i am glad to have been able to help you all out in keeping that peace you so desire, and thank you for teaching us your technique we'll be certain to use it to keep the peace in this land and far off ones. She says towards the captain of the guard as her gaze would then turn towards Hirru with a excited gleam within her blue colored gaze. So, what is your plan now that this is kinda over unless it points us elsewhere. Want to see if we can find something a bit more challenging, or you calling it a day and making your way elsewhere? She asks curiously as she fastens the leather strap around her shield's handle before wearing the self made holder for her shield hoping that she'd be able to spend some time more with him since it's nice to have a partner.

Interested in this armor breaking technique, the hunter would attempt to open his menu screen before stopping in his motion.  Who taught him this?  It was so ingrained in him to this point, that he forgot that there should have been someone or something that would have taught him how to open this important tablet.  Sliding his fingers down, the very familiar bubbles opened up before him.  Tapping on Inventory/Equipment, he followed the bubbles that led to his skills.  There he looked at all of his skills that he had reset.  Frankly, they were all the same as he had before the update, except now he had limited slots for extra skills instead of regular skills.  How odd for that to change with everything else.

"Well, I'm going to be investigating every floor anyway.  I'm sure there are other quests on this floor.  Subdungeons to find, and chests too."

Hirru said while holstering his longsword to his hip scabbard.  Shrugging his shoulders, he gave a small grin.  

"Though, I could use a little more of a test of this skill.  What are you suggesting?"

He would have taken a look around here for a subdungeon, but that would defeat the purpose of trying to get better.  This floor was still Tier 1, or was it Tier 2 now?  The <<Update>> made things so much more confusing.  He wished he could look for a chest too, but everything would be well lower than what he could use.  Better to go to a higher floor to do such a thing.

@Hestia