[SP-F6] Mental Renewal <<Calming the Soul>>

What even happened the other day? It was all a blur. He knew that he woke up in his bed, unsure of what just happened...aside from the fact that he felt sick to his stomach. This nauseous feeling that chilled him from inside hadn't receded, even when he tried to get along with the day by heading over to another floor, the one below his current home.

Back in floor 6, he was pretty sure he was having some sort of nausea based hallucination, even though it clearly wasn't. He would find some difficulty navigating the settlement this time, though he blamed it on this chilling sensation within. When he finally left the safe zone, he felt the chill rising up. Vigilon tried the best he could to hold in any unusual actions, but he retched and coughed, despite his attempts. The chilling feeling left Vigilon, as a dark fluid came out, and bubbled into into some kind of wispy fog that slowly disappeared. What even just happened?

Vigilon was starting to recover from the nausea, and he was starting to trust his senses...but the sights that he saw, oh, everything he knew about this floor...it was like a maze had swapped out all its parts and made it into a new labyrinth. "I have no memory of this place..." He muttered.

Retaking quest, only standard thread rewards may be received in the end.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Main Stats:

Level: 31
Paragon Level: 13(paragon stat bonus totals: +40 HP, +4 EN, 10 SP)

Paragon Rewards:

Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 10% of EXP earned in that thread.
Lv. 10 | +3% EXP Gain.

Battle Stats:

HP: 700(Base[660], Resolve[40])
Energy: 84
Base Damage: 21(THSS R5[7], Combat Mastery: DMG[12], Meticulous[1])
Mitigation: 78(Silver Night[+48], Light Armor R5[+30])
Accuracy: 4(Draco Fury[2], Dragon's Eye[1], Resolve[1])
Evasion: 2(Silver Night, Dragon's Eye)
Loot Die: 6(Searching R5[+5], Dragon's Eye[+1])

Additional conditions:
-2 on all stealth rolls(Light Armor Rank 5)

Equipment:

[T4]Draco Fury(2 ACC, PAR)

[T4]Silver Night(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

[T1]Dragon's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA, 1 LD)

Consumables:

Teleport Crystal x1

Skills:

Two-Handed Straight Sword Rank 5(30 SP)

Light Armor Rank 5(30 SP)

Searching Rank 5(30 SP)

Extended Mod Limit(10 SP)

Charge(10 SP)

Extra Skills:

Combat Mastery: Damage Rank 3(13 SP)[Active]

Familiar Mastery: Rending(10 SP)[Active]

Survival[Active]

Meditation[Active]

Mods:

THSS Ferocity(6 SP)[Active]

Meticulous(4 SP)[Active]

Night Vision(3 SP)[Active]

Detect(4 SP)[Active]

Addons:

Resolve(6 SP)

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vigilon

This natural labyrinth of flora proved difficult to traverse, as expected, so he kept his eye out for anything suspicious or dangerous as he continued on his way eastward, to who knows where. After a fair amount of time, he would find a place that he found to be very familiar...

"Well, at least I know this is still here..." Vigilon thought aloud as he saw the waterfall. He walked over to the familiar spot, and he would once again feel a sense of peace, of serenity. Maybe it was time for Vigilon to return to his Mindscape. He slowly walked to the stone that he'd sat on so long ago, when he first discovered his mindscape, and he would settle down and sit upon it. He took one deep breath, then another. He felt himself slipping away, and all he could hear was the sound of the calming, soothing waterfall.

Everything was dark. Then everything began to show.

Vigilon saw land appear in the void, around the stone he was on. He was definitely in the Mindscape, this change in land couldn't possibly be the waterfall's serene stone grounds. The world he saw began to unravel around him, and it all seemed to have changed since his last visit, as the floors did. "It was like a nightmare, falling, falling, falling...into darkness, into void." His past thoughts echoed. Those thoughts, he had them when he woke up earlier this day...why did it all feel so significant? "Into Nothing..." So many changes, it's like he'd gone from one world to another, or maybe a different timeline, or even an alternative universe...man, it was all so confusing!

He couldn't dwell on that for too long, he knew there was a brave new world to explore. And it was unusual, though not entirely alien...probably because Vigilon was aware that this was his mindscape. It wasn't like red grass was strange...right?

Red plains, had he once thought of such things before? When he looked around, it looked like he was in some kind of Fantasy setting, but out in the wilds...and the grass was red. Ok, so he had a new starting point, but he needed to get to the central area, or whatever Keep he was in the previous times he was in his mindscape. He began to make his way through the strange lands, and at one point, he managed to find the Keep on the horizon, but it was kind of far. Could there have been a faster way to reach the Keep?

Vigilon began to ponder this question, and then he saw a dragon flying towards the Keep, as if retreating from something. This dragon was silver in color, and Vigilon could have sworn he'd seen it before in the mindscape...the last time this dragon was in trouble, he needed to fight weird things. What would he be up against this time?

A door appeared, like, out of nowhere.

"A Door? Here? What in all of...oh, no..." 

A dragon in trouble, a strange door...all that needed to show up now was...ah, yes, there it was. The figure...it looked different, and had that same smile on its expression. Yup, looks like Vigilon would be doing this again. "Don't tell me, let me guess, 'Go. Fight. Win. Save the Dragon.' ...Right?" Vigilon remarked. The figure's expression didn't change, but the figure's head shifted enough to be seen as a nod. So, yes. Vigilon sighed, and looked to the door. The door had something on it...an image, depicting a dragon under attack by common warriors, the burly, heavily armored kind who seemed awfully boastful.

He wondered if getting through this door would help him reach the Keep at a faster rate. Sure, he was likely to encounter a fight if he entered the door...but he'd fought in his Mindscape before and won, how bad could it be?

Vigilon opened the door. He believed he was ready. He might not have fists this time, but he had a sword, and a darn good one, too.

"Ok...let's do this...again." He said as he entered the space the door led to.

How exactly did Vigilon find himself in a place unlike any other...or, at least, a place he'd never thought he'd find within his Mindscape. He looked in front of him, and saw a person wearing your average, designed-to-intimidate-yet-not-exactly-evil iron armor. This person was male, and green flames were lit in his eyes. Such green flames were quite familiar. "So...after all this time, you come back?" The figure spoke. "I feel like I'm supposed to know you, but I don't recognize you. Did you change along with everything else?" Vigilon responded. The figure laughed. "The world around us changes, but people don't change, they grow. You may have grown, but I'll be the one to kick your ass this time."

[Spawned Inner Demon 1]

Vigilon: HP 700/700EN 84/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Enemies:

Elverond: HP 175/175, 70 DMG, 6 MIT

The area where Vigilon and his opponent were, it was so familiar...had he been here before? Was this arena a memory? "Who or what would you call yourself?" Vigilon asked. The figure chuckled. "I am many. Evan, Leonard, Vincent, Emmet, Roy, Otto, Nell, Damien."

Vigilon had an unamused expression on his face. "You're Elverond, except you're all one person. How does that even work? How did you guys even get that armor? Isn't one of you female?" He questioned. "Shut up!" Came the sound of a female voice, despite that the combined being wasn't actually speaking. "So, I only caused actual trouble for four of you, if I recall correctly..." Vigilon thought aloud. "Your sudden burst of courage was unexpected." Elverond admitted. "What else did you expect I was gonna do? You were about to hurt a friend of mine, so I took the hit and retaliated lightly." Vigilon explained in response.

Elverond laughed, and poked Vigilon with a spear, though it was not forceful enough to deal damage. Vigilon pulled out his sword, and struck with Back Rush. "You want to repeat history?" Vigilon warned.

ID# 188005 BD: 7+4=11(hit), MD: 2-2=1(miss)

Back Rush: 21x8-6=162 Damage to Elverond

Cooldown Tracker:

Spoiler

Back Rush: 2 Turns

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 76/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Enemies:

Elverond: HP 13/175, 70 DMG, 6 MIT

Edited by Vigilon

"Oh, so you're fine with repeating history?" Elverond asked. "How about we rewrite it."

Suddenly, a familiar voice could be heard. "Alex!! Help!!" 

Vigilon's eyes widened. "Ayaka?? Hold on, I'm on my way!" He called out. He shoved past Elverond and ran towards where the sound was coming from. He saw Koharu there, on the ground, weakened. Suddenly, Elverond was right beside her, the blade of his speat at the girl's neck. "Surrender, Alex. Surrender, and we free her..."

This was an obvious trap. Vigilon would need to be clever. He sheathed his blade. "Fine. You want to rewrite history? So be it. There, my hands are empty." Vigilon said to the collective being. "Alex...don't do it...don't listen to-" Koharu's words were interrupted by Elverond. "Shut up, you outlander!" Vigilon wasn't liking this. "I'm over here, it's me you want." He stated as he came closer, trying to divert the enemy's attention. 

Elverond stabbed Koharu, who fell limp to the ground. Vigilon immediately pulled out his sword and let loose several strikes. He grabbed his opponent by the armor, and lifted him up to the best of his ability. "I should have known...you played me like a fool, and I thought I'd escaped it by trying to stall you...I don't even understand why you would try to kill her, over nothing...you're merely a representation of what could have been, aren't you? Well? Aren't you?"

Elverond smiled. "You can't squeeze blood from a stone, nor words from a corpse..."

Elverond then shattered.

ID# 188010 BD: 4+4=8(hit), MD: 1(Crit. Miss)

Basic Attack: 21-6=15 Damage to Elverond

Cooldown Tracker:

Spoiler

Back Rush: 1 Turn

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 76/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Enemies:

Elverond: HP 0/175, 70 DMG, 6 MIT

Edited by Vigilon

Each fractal of Elverond's remains became burning green embers that faded away, and Vigilon was left alone in this strange arena...alone, with Koharu. Vigilon would then rush over to Koharu. "Ayaka, are you alright? Please tell me you're ok..." 

Koharu lifted her head, looked into Vigilon's eyes, and smiled weakly. "This is not...your fault..." Her eyes closed, and she fell limp again. "Ayaka...Ayaka, open your eyes, open your eyes..." Vigilon didn't know what was going on. She was limp, yet she wasn't shattering. this feeling, it was very haunting for Vigilon and there was the uncertainty that she might shatter at any moment...

"Nothing is without a price..." A voice sounded. "You won, but at what cost?" The voice asked.

"...This was all a trick from the beginning...Elverond knew they couldn't kill me...so they targeted someone else instead...did it really have to be someone I knew?" He said, with anguish towards what he saw as a failure.

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 77/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Edited by Vigilon

The arena's environment began to shift, and Koharu seemed to disappear. He then looked and saw a familiar door. He knew this door, it was one of the doors that led inside or outside of the halls of the middle school he attended...

A boy with brown hair and red eyes burst through the doors, his red colored cap had been turned around. The jacket was unmistakable, the cap was familiar, and Vigilon knew exactly who this young boy was...it was him, when he was younger, when he attended this school. He was about...twelve and a half, maybe thirteen, during this fateful day. A younger Allen came out the doors too, but he looked genuinely concerned for his friend. "Red Eyes, you can't take them on like some kind of hero! You'll be killed!" He called out fruitlessly. If there was anything that Vigilon knew about his younger self, it was that he cared about every friend he had immensely, due to his lack of friends...and when he felt like he could do something, and a friend was in danger, snap.

He would shift all focus to the issue on his mind, ignoring all else.

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 78/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Vigilon watched his younger self rush off in his friend's hour of need, and he arrived at a scene where the tension was thick.

Four kids, Leonard, Vincent, Roy, and Otto, had young Ayaka surrounded. Vigilon remembered when he confronted Nell, how she said that she actually didn't agree with the motive for targeting Ayaka...and proceeding to tell him that a "crybaby" like him couldn't stand up to her friends...he decided to change that. Vigilon watched as his younger self quite literally jumped in the scene and told the four to stop. "What's a kid who wallows in sorrow gonna do about it?" Otto remarked. Leonard kept his gaze on Ayaka, and the other three shifted their attention to young Vigilon. They began to try to scare him and taunt him, but young Vigilon wasn't willing to run this time.

It was only when Roy punched him that the scene quickly escalated, like a lighter falling onto a pool of highly flammable liquid.

Vigilon could only watch the inevitable as it played out.

As soon as the first fist landed, it became a maelstrom of non-lethal violence. Young Vigilon immediately retaliated, tackling and surprising his opponent. This was followed by Otto and Vincent attempting to grapple young Vigilon, who rolled to the side, got up, and shoved Vincent with his elbow. He then grabbed Otto and Roy by the shoulders, one hand for each, and knocked the two kids' heads together. Leonard shifted his attention to young Vigilon, shaking his head, while Vincent, surprised by this burst of courage, decided to flee. Otto, despite being dizzy, rammed himself into young Vigilon, who fell on his back. Young Vigilon would then get back up rather aggressively, using his arms to help him launch himself at Roy, striking him with his legs. Both crashed onto the ground, and young Vigilon would find his arms being grabbed by Otto and Leonard. They lifted him up, and Roy would glare at him.

"So, you thought you could beat us?" Roy asked, before kicking young Vigilon. "Did you?" He demanded, before delivering another kick. Young Vigilon gave no answer. "Dumb kid." Roy remarked before punching young Vigilon's face. Roy stepped a little closer before punching again. Young Vigilon retaliated by kicking the boy in the groin, and the two who were holding him loosened their grip as they hoped to see that Roy was ok. Young Vigilon then took this chance to try and flee.

Vigilon found it a bit hard to watch this scene of the past. His younger self had only begun to flee because he couldn't keep going, and because he already helped out his friend, who escaped once all attention was off of her. This would lead to a short chase that ended with young Vigilon tripping, and getting grabbed by his foes. "You're not getting away after what you did." Leonard said. "Come on, guys, let's take out the trash."

Vigilon sighed, he knew what they were doing.

The scene shifted, and Vigilon watched as the three boys tossed young Vigilon into a dumpster. The battle was both won and lost. Time passed, and young Allen came over, a staff member of the school following close by. They got young Vigilon out, and there would be trouble on both ends. At least he did what he fought to do, protect his friend... When asked why he fought, young Vigilon had two reasons, but he spoke only one. "They hit first."

Vigilon now knew a more detailed reasoning. "They couldn't understand her, so they shunned her...because she wasn't like them, because she wasn't raised by people like their parents..." He shook his head as he reminisced. "Her parents were direct immigrants, and those kids...they couldn't handle the clash of culture very well, and she was only a toddler when she came to my country, with her parents...they wanted to feel like their way was better, so they tried to press it on her..." 

The memory scene ended, and all became darkness. A door appeared in the void, offering a way back. Vigilon opened the door, and found himself back on the main land of his Mindscape.

The Keep was closer in view, but still a fair ways away. Vigilon was no longer in the red grass plains, but he was now in a tundra...except the tundra's snow was ice blue in color. Why was it like that? He couldn't tell... Whatever the case, he needed to get moving. This blue snow wasn't what Vigilon expected to be traversing through, but here he was. If he was gonna get to the Keep faster, he was probably gonna need to find the next door. He looked above and saw...wait, was that a crystal dome above him? Was that what made the snow look ice blue? He looked at himself and he, too, was tinted by the color. "Huh...who knew." He thought aloud.

Vigilon continued on, then he slid down a snowy slope, and there was that shadow figure again, with that signature smile. It pointed in a certain direction, and Vigilon would follow the given direction, until he stopped, surprised, for a door had appeared out of nowhere, right in front of him. "Jeez, what is it with weird doors just showing up like that?"

This door had a different image than the last. This depicted a dragon of silver, battling against a dragon of gold and platinum. "Oh, how I wonder, what could this possibly be?" Vigilon asked sarcastically. He opened the door, ready to enter. He had a feeling what he would be facing.

The space he would enter had two halves that looked different. One side had no roof, letting in light from a bright sky, and was formed from gold. The other side was dark, mysterious, and formed in platinum. Each side had a pedestal, the golden pedestal having a red, triangular object, while the platinum pedestal had a blue triangular object.

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked behind him, and saw a silver pedestal with a green triangular object. The pedestal was on a circle between the two sides of this arena, the circle being made from silver as the pedestal was. Vigilon looked down and realized he was on the silver circle.

When he looked back to the rest of the room, a dragon of platinum crawled out of a hole in the dark shadows, while a golden dragon flew down and landed from the sky. "My power is like no other." boasted the gold dragon. "My wisdom conquers all." claimed the platinum dragon. "I have a feeling I know who you two are, but I'm willing to ask anyway, regardless of what you think of me." Vigilon finished.

"We may not be able to defeat you as individuals, if you were to surpass us..." The gold dragon remarked. "But if we combined your knowledge and my wisdom, we will be greater than any courageous soul." The platinum dragon finished.

The two dragons then committed a fusion, becoming a dragon of gold and platinum.

[Spawned inner demon 2]

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 84/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Enemies:

Domitor: HP 234/234, 119 DMG, 7 MIT

Edited by Vigilon

The fused dragon smiled proudly. "Do you have the courage to challenge me?"

Ok, well, if the previous opponent was weak as heck, this shouldn't be too bad. "I can handle this..." He thought. "You think that just 'cause you've fused, that you're a match for me?" He said, simply because he could. The fused dragon would attempt to swipe its claws at Vigilon, but he whacked them away using the flat end of his sword. He then attacked using a Sword art, Astral Hell. a flurry of seven strikes, along with a finishing blow that sent the opponent flying to the wall. The fused dragon split back into its two original forms, and each one shattered, with their fractals burning away in bronze flames.

Normally stuff like this would go on for at least three more hours, but the opponents didn't have nearly enough HP for that, so they're gone.

ID# 188032 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, Paralyze applied), MD: 3-2=1(miss)

Astral Hell: 23x12-7=269 Damage to Domitor

Cooldown Tracker:

Spoiler

Astral Hell: 2 turns

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 74/84 | 21 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Enemies:

Domitor: HP 0/234, 119 DMG, 7 MIT

Edited by Vigilon

Another enemy defeated, and another empty room...probably to analyze. If there was something to remember last time, what was he to know here? He started his investigation from the darker area of the room. He saw the hole that the platinum dragon came from, and he would begin to see shapes, no, a scene...

Young Vigilon still had his cap, but that was during the freshman year only. He didn't know whether or not it was cool to still have one. The well known guy from those days, Victor Falcon...this was his first time meeting the guy...

"I don't recall seeing you, you're one of the new freshmen, aren't you?" Young Victor asked young Vigilon. "Yeah, so what if I am?" Young Vigilon responded. Young Victor wasn't expecting this. "Easy now, there's no need to be like that, what's got you agitated?" He asked. Young Vigilon hesitated to answer. "You wouldn't understand, you'd probably just think I'm a dumb kid." Young Victor had some words for this. "No. I don't think you're a 'dumb kid'. Everyone has a purpose they serve, if they choose to. No one is worthless...that's why you're here, aren't you? I may be in a much higher place than you, but if you put in the effort, you might be able to reach my level." He explained.

Vigilon watched the scene fade away into the shadows. This was something to think about.

Vigilon would then begin to investigate the other side. This room, it seemed to be among the clouds, and moving, too. Vigilon rested his arms on the balcony-like, golden wall, and the flow of the air was pleasant to feel, while another scene would play out in his vision, during this temporary serenity.

Young Vigilon no longer had his cap, it was his sophomore year in high school, and everything had changed. He had new friends, but the social system was now under new management, which had a different way of thinking. "I know Victor was called 'King Falcon' by some of the others, but I still don't think April should have that self-given title of 'Lady April'..." Young Vigilon thought aloud. He knew well of the power struggles that were imminent, he had to think of who he would support. Among these sides were one friend leading each side, while the largest side was led by someone he didn't even know to be a friend of his...but she clearly hoped he did, for she approached him not too long after. "So, Alex, right?" Young April asked.