[F22 - PP] A helping paw ≪Feeding Your Enemy≫

I had to admit to myself that she had a great form while practicing early in the morning. I have barely woke up and tended to my morning routine when the blonde lioness already seemed on the brink of finishing hers. How early did she wake up? It is to my understanding that such training and even warm-up sessions tend to be at least one hour long. If so, she must’ve woken up before all of us, even the diligent Claudia, then went outside to train before there was even any light. The presence of still lit paper lanterns and candles confirming my suspicion. I never thought of myself as a lazy person, having woken up a little after dawn but seeing her like this made me reconsider how I invest my time first thing in the morning. 
Before I start spiralling into futile plans to improve my morning time management, Darius walks towards me and offers a small bow: “Good morning milord. Shall I prepare breakfast?” he asks before following my gaze outside. 

HP:380/380 | 56/56 EN | DMG: 13 | MIT: 12 | LD: +6

Spoiler

✠ Level: 19  ❤ Health: 380  ✽ Energy: 56  
 ⚔ Damage: 13  ♜ Mitigation: 12 

✿ Equipped Items:

Spoiler

≪Blue Rose#58993≫
T2: Damage | Damage | Damage (2HSS)
An elegant two handed straight sword with a bluish blade and a rose placed on top to the side of the hilt. (pic.)

≪Rose Shirt#32879≫
T1: Mitigation | Mitigation (LA)
A simple light armor item that has the form of a white shirt, its accompanied by a red tie with a blue rose near the end. In front of the left breast pocket it has a crowned logo imprint.

≪Feline Helper#134536≫
T1: Loot Die | Loot Die | Loot Die (Plushie)
Custom made plushie in the form of a white lioness. A small crown logo marking its origin at 'The Lion's Den'.

☑ Battle ready: N/A

♆ Skills:

Spoiler

» None

✚ Buffs: 

• +4 LD: "Filling" -> ≪≪Codex Shake#86849 [Drink]≫
  • "Tasty"
  • "Delicious"
  • OOC +10 HP / [2] EN: "Relaxed"
  • "Hard Working"
  • "Advanced Training"
  • Spyglass: Reduce Familiar search by 5 posts.

Edited by Dracul

The blonde was aware that someone or something might be watching her but she didn’t let it distract and kept her mind ‘still’ while mentally reciting her ‘mantra’: 'Meikyo Shisui'. Taking a deep breath, she kept it for a long second and then released it. That marked the end of her morning routine. She opened her eyes and as she returned Onimaru to its sheath, she extinguished the remnant dark flames and looked around her. She spotted Darius by a window and waved at him. He reciprocated and went on with his day, a moment later she saw Dracul and nodded at him. He nodded back and to her surprise didn't walk away but instead towards the outside where Ariel was training. “Good morning!” he chimed: ”I hope we didn’t interrupt your practice.” he added with a small touch of genuine concern. The blonde simply smiled and shook her head lightly. She then grabbed a fishing rod and cast a line in the nearby river. One of the perks of building her estate next to a river, she could transition from training to fishing on the nearby dock at will.

Giving Dracul: Spyglass#82369, ≪Codex Shake#86849[Drink]≫.

HP: 820/820 | EN: 100/100 | DMG: 23 (+16) | MIT: 12 | AA | ACC: 3(4) | EVA: 3 | +8 LD | Fallen (1) | Keen (1)

Spoiler

Stats:

• 820 HP (620 +20*10)
  • 100 Energy (80 +2*10)
  • 12 Mitigation (12[skill])
  • +1 Accuracy (1[weapon])
  • +3 Evasion (3[armor])
  • 23 Base Damage (1[base] +7[weapon skill] +1[athletics] +12[mastery] +1[ferocity])
  • +8 Fallen Damage (Successful BD: 6-8 (before modifiers) add fallen damage to your total base damage.)
  • +32 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal HP at the beginning of your next turn. Can only trigger once per round.)
  • +41 HP Battle Healing (While in combat, recover 5% of your maximum HP (rounded down) at the beginning of your turn.)
  • +5 LD (+3 LD more when searching for sub-dungeons: 15 posts CD and labyrinths: 3 posts CD)
  • Absolute Accuracy (Attack rolls of 1 no longer automatically miss. Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to trigger a critical hit.)
  • Keen (After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this.)

Equipment: 4jootpO.png

≪Onimaru Shi#187508≫ ≪Leonidas' Strength#151568≫ ≪Solo Perception#151723-1≫
T4: Absolute Accuracy | Keen | Fallen (Katana)  T4: Holy Blessing | Holy Blessing | Risky | Risky (Cloth) T1: Accuracy | Accuracy | Evasion (Trinket)
An odachi with it's saya made of polished maple, adorned with brilliant golden colour etchings and ceremonially decorated with tufts of white feathers. The long blade itself is black as the shadows and the flaming etchings on the steel seem to come alive at the wielder's will.   
A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.         

An obsidian earring with silver linings in a X cross, that is said to increase one's eyesight. 

Inventory:  

• ≪Teleport [Crystal]≫
  • ≪[T3] Blank Dungeon Map≫
  • Spoiler
    ≪Shirajishi-ryū Kendogi#156967≫
    T1: Evasion | Evasion | Evasion (LA)
    Initially designed as a uwagi, some liberties transformed into a long pristine white cape with red accents and silver trims, reaching down to ground level. Branded with 白獅子流 (white lion style) kanji on the back, it brings the item closer to the initial design.
  • Spoiler
    ≪Mothbrand#156715≫
    T3: Vampiric (Off) | Vampiric (Off) | Accuracy | Accuracy (1HSS)
    An antenna taken from Mothra's corpse, sharpened that could be used as a weapon.The grip is orange and yellow-like colored while the blade itself is blood red with orange runes in the middle.
  • Spoiler
    ≪Frozenshade#156614≫        
    T3: Mitigation | Taunt | Frost Thorns (Shield)
    A brightly coloured saya that's always cold to the touch, crafted mostly out of mithril. The sheath is more than capable of going head-to-head against a weapon; made to be used more to help shield the user than their sword by parrying blows and deflect attacks. White runes on each side shine as the frozen thorns effect procs.
  • 25x Golden Key
  • Empty 

Buffs: 

• +4 DMG: "Filling" -> ≪Liquor of Light#151942 [Drink]≫
  • (Search IV -> V) "Skylight"
  • +2 F. EXP / +1 LD & CD to Fishing: “Practiced Angler”
  • -1 EN [3/3]: "Well Rested"
  • -25% DoT [1/1]: "Squeaky Clean"
  • +20 HP | [2] EN OOC regen: "Relaxed"
  • +1 LD/SR/SD/Prosperity [1/1]: "Multipurpose"
  • +1 BRI slot: ≪Dimensional Backpack≫
  • +1 BRI slot: "Item Stash"
  • + 3%* EXP: Paragon lvl. 10
  • + (10%* EXP) Col: Paragon lvl. 5
  • +10% EXP: "Advanced Training" 

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Not at all! I finished just now.” she replied as she adjusted her weapon at the side. I gaze obviously at the saya and ask: ”Shouldn’t you be practicing with a training sword? I thought using a ‘live’ blade isn’t permitted outside official business and such.” I ask, taking advantage of the little knowledge I possess on the matter. Being a fan of her since I first saw her fencing match in my home country, I learned a little bit about sword fighting even though I cannot practice it myself. All my attempts failed rather flashing and I wish not to repeat the experience. This… game was supposed to be a more reliable and realistic way to learn about. I heard her lightly chuff at my question as her smile broadens, seems like I hit a comfort zone for this muscle brain. I mentally brace for the barrage definition that is most likely coming my way.

It is not uncommon to practice with a naked blade but that right is reserved for higher ranking ‘kendoka’, or kendo practitioners. I’ve only officially reached 5th dan so I’ve mostly trained with shinai.” she puffed up her chest with pride as she continued: “I even did several exhibition matches with real katanas. I even was allowed to wield the Onimaru, one of the ‘Five Greatest Swords under Heaven’, albeit it was the official copy used for showcasing purposes.” The blonde remembered how honored she felt to be requested by the imperial house to showcase the tachi. On the other side, Dracul barely understood what she was talking about but decided to simply nod as she understood how much it meant to her. And that requesting further details would only derail the conversation into one he wasn’t particularly interested in. “I see so while it’s highly uncommon, it is not prohibited.” as he said that she felt her line get heavier and instinctively pulled on the fishing rod. She was amazed to find a chest and not a fish.

ID# 188166  CD: 8+1  LD:11+1 (Treasure Chest Found! +7 F.EXP)

I nod to myself as it made sense in a way, even if I’m barely scratching the surface on the complexities of Kendo. Which honestly doesn't interest me, I was delighted to see the blonde’s fencing. Ever since I first laid my eyes on her, I’ve been mesmerized by her style and asked Claudia to keep tabs on her even back in the real world. I shake my head to banish those thoughts and continue: “So you’re taking advantage that this is a ‘controlled’ environment where you can’t cut others while training.” I say that but almost immediately regret my words used to describe this game. It is better labeled as an extended cage that keeps us busy in the meanwhile. I let out a loud sigh as I started lightly scratching the back of my head in frustration. Once again I reminded myself of the reality of this place without meaning too. My eyes inadvertently moved towards the new item she received from the river.

The blonde noticed the change in Dracul’s attitude but didn’t let it affect her too, she judged that it was best to keep the current conversation flowing as a means of distracting him from his thoughts. “That is a part of it, yes.” She added, lightly caressing the golden ornate saya at her side. “But I also need to get myself accustomed to this katana. Each and every one is unique. One needs time to adjust to its weight, grip balance and other factors, And some can argue that the katana also needs time to kind of ‘accept’ its possessor. It might sound wacky now but my ancestors believed some weapons were cursed or blessed, or had some kind of spirit of their own.” she gently cups the handle with her left hand as she continues: “Call me a fool but I also believe it, not to a fanatic level, but I acknowledge each artisan katana’s individuality. Even more in this ...world where there seems to be more behind the description of the items.” She kept poking at the chest in front of her with her free hand, trying to open it. Then, remembering that she purchased a specific item on her way back after completing the fisher quest, she reached inside her inventory and produced a Golden Key; she read it's description and nodded. She tried opening the chest, the lid flipped open as soon as she turned the Golden key. She extracted a small pouch and a unidentified weapon

ID# 188173  LD: 5 / +3 F.EXP

Treasure Chest Loot Table (LD):
[5-9] = 2000 Col, T3 Rare Unidentified Weapon #188173

While I listen to her explanation, I also observe how she opens the new chest she gained. 'So this is the other gathering profession...' I think before rerouting my thoughts towards the topic in hand. I personally found it highly improbable for inanimate items to possess any semblance of a soul or such but even I was sensible enough to not trample over someone’s belief because of my own. That is how wars started in the past and even for less than a difference in opinion. “I believe everyone has a different stance and belief, I’m not about to question yours for my own satisfaction. Especially not in this fantasy world where apparently magic is possible.” I open my arms ceremoniously, out of habit and fix my gaze on the weapon she seemed to greatly care for. ”Who am I to say that that thing can’t be possessed?” I see a small smile forming on the blonde’s lips, it seems like my words were a sufficient answer.

As Ariel looks to cast her line a second time, she hears a noise in the nearby shrubbery. Dracul seemed unaware so she decided to continue her thing as the stealthy feline closed in on her unsuspecting target. The blonde noticed Kimba sneaking from a mile thanks to the connection they shared between player and familiar, if Dracul would pay close attention he’d notice the blonde’s silver irises gaining a golden hue; signaling her familiar’s proximity. However it was too late for the unsuspecting aristocrat to even notice, The lioness pounced him and managed to tackle the casually dressed blonde to the ground. Before he could even protest and try to force her off, Kimba dodged his intention and jumped backwards, landing on her feet. “That reminds me, I still need to get you a skill..” muttered the blonde as she reached with one hand to pet her wild familiar. She was once more violently interrupted by something yanking on her line, again she pulled with all her might and fished out another chest!

ID# 188181  CD: 9+1  LD: 13+1 (Treasure Chest Found! +7 F.EXP)

Why do you even keep that beast on the school grounds? Shouldn’t it be in the wild, doing animal activity on game instead of me!?” I protest slightly annoyed as I pick myself off the ground. Before the blonde got a chance to reply to my inquiry, I noticed her stance slightly shifting and could’ve swear I saw her eyes flashing for a moment. I didn’t get a chance to word out my curiosity when I heard nearby bushes moving again. They part ways for a woman with the NPC yellow tag above her head and a name below it. “I mean you no harm, good adventurers!” she claims as she removes any leaves or debris off her dress. I look next to the landlord with a questioning gaze. She looked as surprised as me but at the same time seemed to recognize her. ”Old acquaintance of yours?” I ask in a slightly cheeky manner. It seemed to disperse the frown off Ariel’s brow and bring her back to reality as she took a second to change her gaze from the ≪Traveling Gypsy≫ to me and reply: “You can say that.. She helped me find Kimba… on this floor…" She felt silent, as if reminiscing about the past. 
I followed this little one and she led me to this location. I sense you haven't bound with a friend yet. This might help you!” the gypsy seemed to ignore the blonde and handed me an item titled ≪Familiar Food≫. “Thanks?” was my immediate reply as I watched her with a confused expression, then turned for the blonde for help.

Ariel left the two to their own business, while she didn't understand how the NPC trespassed into her property, she didn't look to deep for justifications. She seemed to offer Dracul something, like she did with Ariel a long time ago. But she didn't have the time to worry about that as she was now focusing on the chest in front of her. This time knowing what she had to do, a golden key appeared in her hands and she wasted no time inserting it in its proper place and twisting it. The same as before, the lock clicked without hesitation and the chest's lid opened wide. It was too bright to se what was on the inside but the blonde showed no hesitation in reaching in and grabbing whatever she could grab to. As she removed her hand from within and the morning light fell on her loot, the blonde's eyes widened alongside her smile. She hasn't seen a dungeon map ever since she last partied with Raidou on this floor. She pocketed the materials for later use but took a moment to admire the dungeon map. She noticed the changes and nodded with satisfaction as she added the map to her collection.

ID# 188182  LD:18 +3 F.EXP

Treasure Chest Loot Table (LD):
[15-19] = 5000 Col, Perfect Unidentified Weapon

It seemed the blonde was too busy fiddling with the treasure chest to spare even a glance in my way, so I had to deal with this NPC myself. “Use this well..” said the gypsy as she pointed towards the familiar food. “When you find a little one that you think suits your needs, have them eat from this. It will help form a durable bound like the one they have.” I was a little at loss, somehow she read me like an opened book and realized my desire for useful items overcome any need for visually pleasing items. I looked at the blonde that was teasing her familiar in absence of fish to give her. Their relationship always reminded me of my hunting pack back home. I really hope now that they’re taken care off, those greyhounds are my most loyal allies, second only to Claudia and Darius. “I will return this to you after I finish…” I answer after accepting the item.

ID# 188183  LD: 6+4 (No Familiar Found!)

Edited by Dracul

Finishing her deal with the chest and with teasing her familiar with the promise of fish, the blonde looked to cast another line. She seemed to have taken a liking to this Fishing profession and was happy to have purchased this valley that also had a river bordering it. She didn't pay attention to it before as it had no other utility other than making for a nice view but now , she could literally walk out the door of her home, cast a line in the river and perfect her new profession without much hustle. The blonde reached into her inventory and produced another golden key. "Now I just need to be sure I keep these well stocked, they're a great help." she muttered. A few moments passed and the line seemed to remain still, maintaining a firm grip she looked at Dracul that had his eyes fixed on the item he received. The gypsy seemed to have left already judging by the third pair of tracks leading away from their location.

ID# 188220  CD: 6+1 (NO material! +3 F.EXP)

"So did she tell you how to find a familiar?" That question woke me out of my partially entranced state and my eyes moved to meet the blonde’s. “Yeah, something like that..” I blankly replied, the quest details were a bit unclear “Tell me more of how you met her and found this beast!” I ask in an almost commanding tone without meaning to, Kimba picked it up and let out a low growl towards me. The blonde seemed used to my manner of speech and paid little attention to the tone.
I meet her in some back alley, like now, totally by chance or dumb luck.” she said, leaning a bit back and looking up towards the now sunny sky. It seemed to help her remember, as she continued with a smile. “I was a little reluctant at first but no matter how much I tried to throw the ‘familiar food’ away, it always found its way back in my inventory.” she chuckled, as if daring me to try.

He seemed to have taken the bait. Dracul never seemed to have a need for a familiar, at least, that is what he said to himself many times. As he was more attuned to alchemy than combat, he judged the familiar skills useless to him and that extended to familiar themselves. When he was introduced to Kimba, it only served to further cement his belief. Even now, after speaking with the gypsy, he grinned at the blonde and tightened the grip on the food. Then he arched backwards and threw the item with all his might, it went as far as it crossed over to the other side of the small river and into the nearby shrubbery. The blonde was actually surprised to see him act to uncharacteristically, usually it would take more to phase him like this. 

She felt something pull at the end of her line and expecting another chest, she once more pulled on her rod with full force. This time it got out more smoothly than before and with a valid reason. It seems whatever gods there were in Aincrad they favored the white furred lioness as Ariel caught a snack for her.

ID# 188221  CD: 8+1  LD: 4+1 (Material Found! +5 F.EXP)

I watched as the blonde’s latest catch, which wasn’t of the metallic kind, gets devoured in almost an instant by her familiar, leaving behind only bones and scales. “Let’s test your theory.” I mutter as I search my inventory to see if the food item has magically returned to me, I let out a grin as if it wasn’t there. “Carry on with your story.” I urge Ariel, who understood that I was merely testing her words just now.
After a small cough, she casts another line and continues to relate from her memory: “There isn’t much to say after that, I was a bit reluctant but figured out I had nothing to lose, so I adventured in the forest in search of a monster to tame and claim it as my own.” she affectionately looked at Kimba and softly smiled.” You would say I got the short stick but I think in reality she is the perfect fit for me.

The blonde gently tugs at the line, no feedback, it looks like nothing bit yet. It looked like the first two chests were fished out of pure luck. Doesn’t matter, this all seemed to accumulate to her fishing experience pool even if not catching anything seemed to fill the bar at a slower pace.
But returning to the story in itself. I wandered the forest, slayed anything that crossed my path and that didn’t catch my fancy. She must’ve smelled the familiar food I had on me or else I don’t know how she knew exactly where to pounce and steal it from me. Because that is what she did, this little menace stole the food from me and ate it by herself.” of course, Ariel made some leaps in the truth of her story. One that she wasn’t eager to share it without some alterations here and there. Luckily she wasn’t facing Dracul but the river so he couldn’t call her bluff.

ID# 188305  CD: 4+1  LD:18+1 (NO Material! +3 F.EXP)

Is that so?” I mutter somewhat pensively, a little curious as to why she seemed to have chosen to skip over details in her recounter of the past events. However I know that it would be unproductive for me to ask for more details, even the gipsy was pretty straightforward in saying as much: ‘Find a animal you like, feed it this special food and claim it as your own’ of course, that was my liberal interpretation and not verbatim. “What happened next?” I ask as I take a seat on the porch somewhat closer to the samurai woman. I see her slightly turn her face towards me, was that relief I saw in her expression? I wonder... 
Then after a while of us, spending some time alone in the forest. I named her Kimba, of which her highness approved.” I see her stroking the lioness nose, spoiling her yet again. The queen in question letting her owner spoil her as usual and purring. 

One would notice how strong the bond between master and familiar was between these two after only one glance. The mighty lioness acted like a spoiled house cat while Ariel wore a broad smile like a little girl enjoying her time pampering her pet. While this wasn’t a sight that told much, Dracul and others saw the two fight side by side and defeat enemies much, much bigger than them through teamwork and shared ferociousness. One can only wonder how that will get altered when Kimba will receive her new skill after the 3.0 update. Ariel has yet to pick one for her, while a couple held some potential of boosting the blonde’s fighting power, others helped her with her scouting and fishing so naturally, it was a tough decision for her which she chose to delay.

As she felt a small tug again, she yanked the fish out of the river and straight in the lioness' mouth. It showed that the two were always completely in sync, in tender moments like before or fast paced times like these.

ID# 188311  CD: 8+1  LD: 2+1 (Material Found! +5 F.EXP)

Yet another snack for the ever hungry familiar. I can’t help to think that if this were the real world, this lioness would barely be able to move thanks to her laziness. Once more she sent the hook soaring over the river surface until it sink at the desired spot and stood still. The blonde took the opportunity to continue her story or what was left of it as I expected no plot changing developments. “We then went back together in the main settlement and I returned what was left of the familiar food to the gypsy…” she looks to the side, where the woman’s form disappeared and tilts her head. “Now that I remembered it wasn’t this floor but the one where the amazons live. I distinctly remember only women roaming around in that place. And unlike other NPC and players, they didn’t seem particularly distraught of a lioness freely walking in the middle of their village.” she added with laughter. I can’t help but reply with a dry: “Yeah…” and a fake chuckle.

You’re thinking of the 6th floor.” he added in a neutral tone. “Umu!” replied the blonde with a nod. She felt a little resistance in her hand but decided against yanking the hook out. She was starting to get a feel for this fishing business and her instinct told her that it didn’t take the bait yet. A few more weak tugs were followed by a strong one on which the blonde reacted and started pooling. It reeled slower that anything she’d fished up before. “Is this a bigger one?” she asked no one in particular between small huffs and puffs. The progress was slower when compared to the last attempts but constant as she never stopped from reeling in the line. Dracul left out a small chuckle when he saw the result of her labor while the blonde let out a hearty laugh at the sight of the shoe. Not even a fish  but a piece of junk as one might find in real life. “A big one!” chimed in the blonde as Ariel poked at it, prompting a details widow. 

ID# 188357  CD: 10+1  LD: 3+1 (Material Found! +5 F.EXP)