[PP-F01] <<Earning a Living>> Gathering, Side job

Just like that the game was updated. Kyoto woke up from a long and painful slumber as all he remembers was his personal life stories and whatever happened since the beginning on the game’s launch. He doesn’t remember getting to an Inn nor anything during the time of the update.

With nothing else though he found out that he was on Floor 1 as well as all his stats got reset. Taking a few minutes to sort out his stats again and noticing he lost levels he didn’t seem to mind it at all. Matter of fact it was great news for him as so he’s able to start a fresh new build without having to backtrack.

Walking out of the Inn he looked around to see nothing really changed. Although finding out that there’s a secondary profession installed into the game now he figure this would be the perfect time to go for it. With that being said he started to head over to Giovanna but before he did he accidently bumped into a black haired girl before leaving The Town of Beginnings.

“Sorry about that.”

He said as he looked at her. She seemed to be around his level but she seemed like she just got out of the Town of Beginnings just recently.

Spoiler

General

Level:14

HP: 280

Energy: 46

DMG: 6

Keen: 2

ACC: 3

MIT: 0

EVA: 0

Para: 0

Bleed: 1

SP Available:  8

Total SP: 70

EXP: 5700

Equipped Items

Nachtwächter (+2 Keen | +1 Bleed)

Black Compression Shirt (+3 LD)

The "Holy" Cross  (+3 ACC)

-------------------------------------------

Nachtwächter (+2 Keen | +1 Bleed)

Black Compression Shirt (+3 LD)

The "Holy" Cross  (+3 ACC)

Skills: 

» Combat Mastery: Accuracy (Rank 3) 

» Light Armor (Rank 4)

» One Handed Long Sword (Rank 5)

Mods:

Extra/locked Skills: 

Mithril:   T1 = 33 <> T2  = 7 <> T3 = 30

Profession:  Tailor

Edited by Kyot0

Astreya, actually had just been on her way from Giovanna, the young woman having happened upon the woman in her search for the Gypsy to get a Familiar.  She had some information that she needed to track down, and so she was going to go through the Town of Beginnings in order to use the Teleporter to get up to the upper floors to see about keep hunting the Gypsy woman.  However, Astreya was so far deep in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice the other individual.

So when she crashed into him, she startled, stumbling back a few steps.  "Omigosh, I am so sorry!" Astreya spoke hurriedly, moving her hands to his shoulders.  "Are you okay?  I was, like, so totally caught up in my own thoughts!" the girl spoke, pulling her hands back and taking a step back away from him to give him some space.  She hadn't even been paying attention at all- what a klutz!

Spoiler

--Level 14
--HP: 280
--NRG: 46

--Base Damage: 8
--Mitigation: 37
--Regeneration: 2% (Currently 4)
--Accuracy: 3
--Thorns: 18
--Taunt: 1

Skills:
Battle Healing: Journeyman
Fighting Spirit
Howl
|-> Focused Howl

2H Straight Sword: Journeyman

Heavy Armor: Expert
|-> Impetus

Concentration

Gear:
»Silver Frost [2H Straight Sword] | Rare T2
[Damage] - Gain +2 base damage per slot.
[Accuracy] - Add 1 onto your BD rolls (Cannot cause crits)

»Battle Dress | Rare T2 Heavy Armor
[Mitigation] - Prevent 12 damage from successful attacks against you.
[Thorns] - Successful non-critical attacks against you deal 18 unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks.

»Dodgeball | Rare T1 Trinket
[Accuracy II] - Add 2 onto your BD rolls (Cannot cause crits)

»Spotlight | Rare T2 Trinket
[Taunt] - Adds 1 Hate generated from successful attacks, Howl and Furious Howl.
[Recovery] - Regain 2 additional energy on natural CD rolls of 7+. 

Consumables:
»Starter Healer Potions | Heals 50 HP
[3 Total]
»Tier One Damage Potion of Uncommon quality. (+1 Damage)
[1 Total]
»Tier One Health Potions of Rare quality. (+10% HP)
[3 Total]
»Tier One Immolation Potion (+10 Thorns Damage)
[1 Total]
»Fixer Upper (Salve) | Antidote I
[1 Total]

He looked at her blue eyes as he hears her apologize. It was absolutely breath taking to hear her voice. Without saying anything he waved his hands indicating that it wasn’t an issue. But he manage to say something after all.

“Oh no. It was my fault I wasn’t paying attention to what’s in front of me. I was going through my stats after the update as well as looking through the quest I’ve done to see if there’s any I had to do again.”

He explained his situation before talking again.

“But then I was told back at the Inn that they have secondary professions and I had to pick one up.”

He smiles before she pulls her hands away from him. He looked at her more carefully. By the looks of it she was his age so it’s not like he was talking to a minor and was making things awkward for him.

@Astreya

"Oh yeah!  The update was pretty wild, right?  It was like everything changed overnight.  Did you get all swarmed with the, like, dark clouds and all that junk too beforehand?" she asked, recalling having finished helping out Ol' Willy with his fishing of The Sword-Fish when she had been put into the veritable unconscious state for as long as she had before waking up.  She really had no idea how much time had passed, even.

"Anyway, secondary profession, right?  I accidentally picked up Gathering like, maybe fifteen minutes ago?" she spoke, gesturing back the way she came.  "I was looking for someone else and then totally started talking to the wrong NPC.  But she was nice and now I've got the Gatherer Profession unlocked so, like, I guess I'm better at getting Materials.  That'll come in handy whenever I get some new gear, I think," she spoke aloud, mostly not sure how the whole process worked- but she'd figure it out when the time came.

@Kyot0

He gave her a strange look. But he did remember seeing a lot of black clouds one time when he was asleep. “Actually yeah. I do remember something like that.” He proclaims as he then looked over toward the area she was pointed at from where she went.

“Sounds interesting. I already have my primary profession as a tailor but after this update I figured it be good for me to pick up gathering. After all finding materials is already a pain as it is.”

At that point though he looked at her once more. “You want to take me to the one you went to? I think that’s the one I’m more interested in.” He said waiting to see if she’s willing to take him to place he needs to go. Besides it’s better doing something like this with someone else than by yourself. But it’s also kind of weird doing this with someone you just met as well.

@Astreya

"I still haven't actually gone and decided on a primary profession just yet.  I'm thinking I'm going to do Entertainer because, like, I can sing in the 'real world' and all that so it seems like a good fit.  But then I'm like, well If I'm going to tank on the Front Lines, I should totally get Blacksmithing, y'know?" she spoke, shaking her head a bit at her own indecisiveness.  "But I can just like, always pay someone to do all of that for me, too."

"Yeah!  I mean I can take you back that way, that's fine.  Giovanna is so nice, too.  She's kinda like Zakariah though- have you done the newbie quests?  Where he just sends you all out over the field to try and find these herbs but there's, like, no way to actually find them and it takes forever?" the girl spoke, clearly appearing quite chatty as she yammered on as the pair walked back toward Giovanna.

@Kyot0