[F8-PP] <<Monkey King>> Return to Monke

Quest Info

Stats:

Spoiler

Hakai: HP: 680 | MIT: 78 | EN: 102 |  DMG: 23 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 2 | Paralyze: 1 |

Combat:

• Battle Healing (30 SP)
  1. [Rank 5 Battle Healing Mod] Emergency Recovery (6 SP)
  • Charge (10 SP)
  • Combat Mastery: Damage Rank 3 (13 SP)
  • Rank 5 Light armor (30 SP)
  1. [Rank 3 Light Armor Mod] Meticulous (4 SP)
  2. [Rank 5 Light Armor Addon] Resolve (6 SP)

Weapon skills:

• One Handed Curved Sword (4 SP)
  • Katana: (30 SP)
  1. [Rank 3 Weapon Mod] Stamina (4 SP)
  2. [Rank 5 Weapon Mod] <<Katana>> Ferocity (6 SP)

Extra Skills:

• Concentration <<Gemini>>

Equipment:

Limbo's Claw (t4): 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze

Eris Gauntlet (t4): 72 Mit

Maniae's Breastplate (t4): 3 Eva

It was a crappy day. And what day wasn't when Hakai was involved. The sun was shining through the tree tops, the birds were chirping; All in all it was a beautiful day, the kind of day that should lift anyone's spirits. Hakai preferred it dark and miserable though. She chewed on a toothpick, approaching the white haired zoologist where she was supposed to start some low level quest. She had heard from the info brokers that this particular quest could drop a very strong extra skill and if there was something that she did find enjoyable it was combat and winning. She spit the toothpick out violently at her feet, adjusting the long katana that was strapped to her back menacingly. F*** she wanted a cigarette right now and it felt like this little piece of NPC trash was taunting her. Still, she had a job to do. Flashing him a dazzling smile she slipped her hands into her pockets, nonchalantly, rolling her shoulders a little to loosen up the muscles and just relaxing her overall posture. "So what's the story here, something need killing?" She started off, in a friendly tone of voice, waiting for the inevitable info dump that always started these kinds of quests off.

Edited by Hakai

Randal Equipment

Spoiler

Neptune's Tidings | Claw | Tier 3 | DMG 3

Cloth Trousers | Cloth Armor | Tier 3 | EVA 3

Ladybug Earrings | Accessory | Tier 3 | LD 3

Lvl 23 Randal Stats
HP 460/460 | Energy 64/64 | Damage 18 (+2 SA) | MIT 20 | ACC 3 | EVA 4 | LD 6|

Skills and Mods

Spoiler

Searching Rank 3 14SP                   (+2 LD and + 2 Stealth detection)
 Claw Rank 5 30SP                             (+7 DMG)
                Mod Stamina 4SP             (EN cost -2)
                Mod Ferocity 6SP             (+2 DMG for sword arts)
Cloth Armor Rank 5 30SP              (+20 MIT)
                Mod Athletics 4SP            (+1 DMG)
                Mod Nimble 6SP               (+1 EVA and +1 LD)
Combat Master Rank 3 13 SP      (+3 ACC )
Survival                                                (Healing +10% and No Environment DMG)

Today was the day Randal tackled the infamous Monkey King Quest that he heard some of the other players on the 8th floor. After spending what was a day of two in Ellesmera, the main settlement, Randal was finally ready to set out into the dense jungles that populated the entire area. Having spoken with the brokers of the floor, he knew lots of general knowledge about what kind of enemies to expect and prepared as thoroughly as he could, packing comfort food and comfort items into his backpack.

By the descriptions brought up by the NPCs, one would think of the giant ape rather than the small lean and mischievous mythological monkey king, Randal was definitely nervous and was hoping that when he got to the quest giver that other might be willing to take him into their party.

When he finally reached the NPC he saw a red-headed lady ahead of him but no one else in the vicinity, not know the whirlwind his new companion would be, Randal reached out to her first and proposed to work together if she did not mind.

Hey there, are you here to hunt down the monkey king?” Randal asked.

Edited by Randal

"No, im just here talking to the NPC that gives the quest for fun because I'm stupid like that." She thought to herself sarcastically, but managed to hold herself back from giving a similar response. She didn't like this guy already, for no particular reason. She didn't like most people though, so it was really just another day for her. Her hand reached up over her shoulder, gripping the handle of her katana loosely, absentmindedly tapping her fingers on the handle. After a few moments she stopped, dropping her hand to her side as though realizing how menacing that action seemed. "Yeah. I'm looking to get myself an extra skill. I assume since you're asking you're here for the same reason, right?" She responded to him, ignoring the NPC who had been in the middle of a sentence talking to her, holding her hand up rather rudely to motion him to shut up. "If you can contribute I'd be overjoyed if you joined me." She continued, dryly, obviously not overjoyed at the thought, but since she was the one asking it was apparent that she wouldn't mind a little extra help.

“For sure I am, don’t worry I should be able to dish out a decent amount of damage onto the boss monkey thing. One moment.” Randal said oblivious to the true thoughts of the person he was speaking to. The dead-eyed glare that she was giving him despite her positive words were written-off as something that she probably does to every one and Randal did not take it to heart.

Randal proceeded to speak to the NPC named Remington who quickly got on his nerves with his know-it-all attitude. Randal was trying to speed through the conversation when he noticed the Remington was a bit of a Tsundere, every time Randal tried to end the conversation to speak to the red-head, Remington would try to draw his attention back to himself.

Randal glanced back at the lady and said, “My name is Randal, send me a party invite and let us find Sewallus as the quest expects us too.”

Randal finds 2 Mat

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
190157 7 12 16 10 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:52:23

Edited by Randal

Hakai frowned. She hadn't really payed any attention to what Remington had said. Apparently they were supposed to find some random dude Sewallus who had fled the monkey king with Remington and get more information from him. "I don't know what sort of useful information a wimp like him would have for us." She remarked, smirking. She was a straightforward woman. She saw an enemy, and she smacked it as hard as she could, that was just how it worked. People that ran from battle should just die, whether it was a boar or a floor boss. She swiped open her HUD, sending a party invite to Randal. Regardless of how she felt about cowards, they apparently had to talk to the man in order to get to the fun part of the quest. She led the way to Sewallus, following the quest marker. "So, any reason you wanted to do this quest in particular?" She asked him, attempting to be a little friendlier to the other player and start up some small talk as they walked. It didn't hurt to learn a little bit about your other party members.

Randal turned to look at the names listed at the corner of his HUD while she spoke to him. Hakai was an interesting name if anything. “I am trying to improve myself. I have been levelling on the lower floors for some time now, taking on simple quests to build myself up but I have never tried to venture much higher than that. Recently, a new burning hope to change that appeared in me.” Randal said seriously.

“What about you…Hakai, where is your name from?” Randal asked curiously.

Right now Randal and Hakai were headed towards the Florenthia’s Guard to find a man named Sewallus. He was the other person in the party when Remington encountered the Monkey King. Randal listened to what Hakai said about herself very careful, she gave off the impression that she could be a slightly brash person but perhaps not mean everything that she says.

Just before reaching Sewallus, Randal spoke, “I also heard you mention you want an extra skill, what do we have to do to get that?”

Randal finds 2 Mat

Spoiler
190158 7 7 10 10 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:54:31

Edited by Randal

The woman's flame colored eyes narrowed at his answer, one eyebrow raising slightly. "We've been stuck in this game for a long time. Are you sure that this burning hope is going to stick around?" The question was itself was harsh, but spoken in a tone that belied a personal experience with this kind of feeling. She raised her hand, running her fingers through her hair thoughtfully, her mouth opening slightly as though she was about to say something else. Instead she let out a long sigh instead, her hand dropping back down to her side. The look on her face hardened, it seemed that her mask had slipped for a moment thinking about something.

"Its just my real name. I don't know where it's from, I never asked." Hakai's signature smirk was back, lips curled slightly. People had made fun of her for the name in the past, but that was before she introduced them to her fists. 

Before reaching Sewallus she stopped, leaning her back against the rough bark of a nearby tree. She grinned, a gleam in her eye. "We just need to take this guy with us to the fight. As long as he doesn't die we get the skill, and if he does die, who cares. The quest will try to pull at your heartstrings, but he's just an NPC and he'll respawn." She explained, seeming very amused at the idea of the NPC running to his death.

“Can any of us say for sure that something we feel is permanent, that would be too huge a burden to bear for our future selves. The best thing I could do for myself is to embrace the things that I feel in the moment and appreciate that every decision I have made was the right one at the time.” Randal spoke, staring right at Hakai. Randal felt the sincerity of his own words and the times when he did not practice what he spoke, making many regret.

“That’s a very practical way of handling the lives of NPCs, do you not feel like their lifelikeness is too real to be just data?” Randal asked, less to extract an answer from Hakai, but more of a discussion into the ethics of her mentality and a question made to probe and affect his own decision.

“Hi, hello, can you direct me to Sewallus?” Randal asked a Florenthia’s Guardsmen at the front of a military outpost located in the woods. Numerous tents with green flags adorned with golden borders littered the inside of the camp. Hopefully, they could enter without fuss.

Spoiler
190159 8 11 3 7 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:55:06

Edited by Randal

It didn't matter whether the feeling was permanent or not if seemingly random stroke of motivation to change went away as quickly as it had shown up. She didnt want to get into it though. He seemed sure of himself and there was no point in talking about it further.

"I've never bothered to consider that. It doesn't really matter to me one way or another so pondering that question is just a waste of time." She responded as they approached the military outpost. She nodded to the guardsman, pulling out another toothpick and starting to chew on it. The NPC motioned them in without any sort of fuss, it was obvious that the camp was actually fairly low security. "Its the big tent in the center with the flag on it. Hard to miss." He explained pointing in the general direction of the middle of the camp. 

The guardsman scowled at the nonchalant woman, seeming to judge her apparent lack of equipment and confrontational attitude. Hakai smirked back at him in response and flipped the NPC off as they continued into the camp. It didn't take long for them to reach Sewallus's tent and Hakai barged in without knocking or any sort of warning.

Sewallus was in the middle of his meal that morning, he enjoyed a delicious mix of berries, herbs, and leafy greens with some bread and water. He would have dug on and installed the food if the momentary serenity of pace which meal time brought was not so rudely interrupted. Entering his tent were a half-naked man and a sharp eyed redhead.
He made no move to say a single word but raised his eyebrows and reached for his weapon. Then they spoke, the spoke a lot, the man spoke long-windedly, as if to speak in a straight forward manner would hurt him.
He preferred the lady, her words were curt and direct, straight to the point much like himself.
They had come in to look for the monkey king, a chill ran down his spine. Randal and Hakai, they wanted to know where the monkey king where was last scene. This was his chance, his opportunity to right the wrong which was his retreat, that battle was the only one that tainted Sewallus’ career and he was not going to leave it be.
No matter what the conclusion, he would go with them and kill the beast, unless they refused his help, he would not stoop so low as to force his presence.

Randal finds 2 Mat

Spoiler
190160 5 7 18 9 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:55:35
Edited by Randal

Sewallus didn't talk much, Hakai liked that. She definitely didn't like him, but she appreciated the moments of silence in their conversation and that he shut up otherwise. Randal on the other hand seemed like he could talk for days. It wasn't necessarily a bad trait to have, but to someone with an antisocial streak like Hakai it was at the very least mildly annoying. It was also her experience that people that talked a lot usually couldn't back it up. She rolled her shoulders back, loosening the muscles up. She already knew she would likely be handling the brunt of this quest on her back and she honestly couldn't figure out if she preferred the help and company or if she wanted them all to leave her alone. She gave Sewallus a serious nod. "Sure you can come with us old man. Just don't get in my way, I can handle whatever the thing is we're fighting." She stated in a dry, careless voice, her words making it quite obvious that she hadnt been paying attention to what the quest was at all and all she knew was that they were going to be fighting something. 

"You want to take the lead Randal, or should I? Someone has to guard the front." 

“You seem to be the type that excelled at killing, you can leave the battle... though I think you’re going to have to talk to Sewallus about that.” Randal spoke while staying at the NPC, he stood silent but a burning passion lit up in him and they knew this through the serious and unwavering body language from the man.

Having packed all of his things, Sewallus said, “Come.” 

He navigated the jungle well, clearly there treks through and around the enormous trees were made by him as he expertly navigated and read markings to find his way.

Suddenly, he stopped, “Here.” Pointing towards a large cave entrance which had a notable smell reminiscent of fur and blood. Within the cave there was no movement but the ground shook with small tremors that eventually grew larger. A large shadow blocked out the sun when it flashed overhead. The wind picked up and it’s landing almost lifted the party off the ground.

Randal finds 2 Mats

Spoiler
190161 7 11 11 4 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:56:39

Edited by Randal

Hakai nodded, looking a little bit annoyed that they were taking Sewallus with them even though she knew why. She let him lead the way to the location, glancing around and seeming completely at ease despite the rumbling footsteps headed their way. The Monkey King landed with a crash, shaking the ground. If Randal was looking he might notice that Hakai had seemed to completely disappear in that moment, having dashed immediately at the Monkey King full speed. She spun, her boot slamming into a tree and sending her hurtling into the air at that gigantic enemy, a mad cackling making its way out of her mouth and a gigantic grin plastered on her face. Behind her she could barely hear Sewallus howling, but she was so focused in the moment that she mostly tuned it out.

Her blade come out of its sheath for only a moment, sliding back into its holster almost as soon as it came out. One might think that she had changed her mind, but a massive red line appeared through the Monkey King, right down the middle, making it obvious that she had hit it with something big. The enemy crackled with electricity, blood dripping from its wound as Hakai finally dropped to the ground in a crouch. "The more they hype them up the weaker they turn out to be." She said to Randal, the mad grin slowly fading from her face. "You can have the honor."

ID# 190002 | BD: 9 Crit! (+2 damage (Focus) | DMG: 23+5(Charge) + 2(Crit) = 30 x 16 =  480-75= 405

Post Action: Iai (x16 Focus, -15 EN) Charge: (+5 Base damage, -1 ACC)

Randal: HP 460/460 | Energy 64/64 | Damage 18 (+2 SA) | MIT 20 | ACC 3 | EVA 4 || H: 0

Hakai: HP: 680/680 | EN: 79/102 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 78 | Bleed: 2 | Paralyze: 1 | H: 0

Sewallus: HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | H: 5  Post Action: Florenthian Howl (+5 Hate)

Monkey King:  HP 245/650 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | PARALYZED | BLEED: 0/2

Edited by Hakai

The moment that the Monkey King landed was the moment that it had met its demise, immediately, Sewallus took stance and screamed at the Monkey King, his usual stone-cold demeanour disappearing for a moment to reveal a man who had immense hatred for a beast that had him running with his tail between his legs, as if to reinstate his honour for all of the world (or just Randal, Hakai and the Monkey King) to see. His screamed forced the Monkey King’s attention to be wholly focused on him which provided a crucial opportunity for the duo to make their moves.

Randal turned to Hakai as if to see what she would do, only to be treated with scene out of an anime, she drew her sword extremely quickly, her body flashing in place and a red line cut across the Monkey King, knocking its health bar all over the place until it eventually dropped to below half and turning orange, before he could say anything she turned and basically asked him to show her what he had.

Not one to cower when the odds were overwhelmingly in his favour, Randal unlocked his claws, his familiar glow hot red, hopping off his shoulders to form into a miniature mascot for the fight. Randal leapt at the Monkey King using his Sword Art Dance Macabre, or the Dance of Death, slashing and clawing at all of the vulnerable part that the Monkey King left open while reeling from Hakai’s attack. While his attack was not nearly as quick or cool as Hakai, the way he moved left viewers with the impression they were watching a God of Death reaping an unfortunate soul.

Soon enough, coupled with some paralysis that Hakai had left on the boss, Randal dealt the finishing blow.

Sewallus was not prepared and was left watching the Monkey King fade into nothingness and while he did not get the chance to personally partake in the process, he did not show any hints of disappointment. At that moment, a panel appears clearly listing the rewards that each member would gain from the quest.

Sewallus walks up to the players in a moment of rarity, and spoke the following, “You are all friends of the Florenthian Guard and as such, I will teach you this move.” With that, Randal notices that his skill panel lights up with a new technique <<Shatter>>, looking at Hakai, Randal smiled and said, “This is what you wanted? Nice skill.”

“Follow me, let us celebrate.” Sewallus offers to the duo, clearly implying that there would be something waiting for them back at the Florenthian camp grounds.

ID# 190003 | BD: 5+3=8 (Hit) | DMG: 20 = 20 x 17 =  340 + 48 (bleed) - 75 = 313 DMG

Post Action: Dance Macabre (x17 Focus, 14-2 EN)

Randal: HP 460/460 | Energy 52/64 | Damage 18 (+2 SA) | MIT 20 | ACC 3 | EVA 4 | LD 6 | H: 0

Hakai: HP: 680/680 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 78 | Bleed: 2 | Paralyze: 1 | H: 0

Sewallus: HP: 400/400 | DMG: 75 (100 on crit) | MIT: 50 | EVA: -1 | H: 5  Post Action: Florenthian Howl (+5 Hate)

Monkey King:  HP 0/650 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 2 | PARALYZED | BLEED: 0/2

Edited by Randal

Sewallus might not have been disappointed, but Hakai certainly was. They had defeated the boss, Randal had done his part, rather flashily too, and they had gotten the extra skill that was the entire point of them taking the quest. There was no reason for the feeling, but she had secretly been hoping Sewallus would be bitter and still feel guilty seeing as he had literally contributed nothing but being a human airhorn. To her surprise however, he seemed happy regardless. She scowled. Why else had she hit that thing as hard as she had, except to make him feel hopeless about his own weakness. The scowl faded but she still looked sullen.

"yeah... Its a real useful one, huh." She commented back to Randal, a little quieter than normal. She motioned to Sewallus who was trying to lead them to celebrate somehow. Honestly shed just rather do her own thing, celebrations just sapped her energy and she always felt awkward when she didnt have anyone to lean on. Her wife had been that person in the past, but things happened and there was no point in thinking about the past. She sighed in exasperation, running her fingers through her hair. possibly making it even messier than before. 

Randal stepped off towards where Sewallus was leading them but turned to find that Hakai was uninterested in the celebration and while the event itself may have been worth attending had it been for him alone, Randal felt odd leaving the lady behind. She was a big reason the quest had been concluded so cleanly and was not comfortable with enjoying the experience without her so he halted, staring at Sewallus’ back before turning around to face Hakai.

We don’t have to do the celebration if it’s not your style, there still some things about the 8th floor that I want to gather so we could keep each other company for awhile.” Randal said, Hakai was an overall confusing individual, at times, she seemed to be battle craze and at other’s would remain still with a pensive look on her face. Her did not know her well enough to make any judgements but if she chose to go off and do her own thing, he would not be jaded by her choice. At the end of the day, many players still remaining in this game were bogged down by the experiences they must have had to endure.

Spoiler
190162 4 6 3 5 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:57:19

Edited by Randal

She frowned slightly, her sharp eyes looking Randal over. It seemed like he wanted to spend more time with her, and she couldn't tell why. That wasn't a normal thing, people usually just left her alone. Maybe he wanted her strength to boost himself up, or maybe he was lonely like her? She wasnt particularly intrigued by either thought, but she decided to humor him. "We can do whatever you want. But if we run into more combat its on you, I'm not getting involved." She commented. Hakai didn't want him thinking that he could take her along with him as some kind of body guard or something. She spit the toothpick he had been chewing on out and put her katana back in her inventory, pulling out a thin black  zip up hoodie and slipping it on. All in all the change in appearance made her seem a little more approachable and normal, despite the fact that she had only done it because she wanted to be a little more comfortable. "You in a guild or something?" Might as well gather some info on the guy after all.

Seeing as how Hakai did not take the opportunity to immediately flee the scene, Randal could only assume she made that decision to stay with him because she was not as standoffish as she wanted to make herself appears to others. She was still not very friendly but with certain types of people you must remain optimistic.

I’m a craftsmen but choice, currently affiliated with the Aincrad Trading Post. What about you?” Randal tossed the question back at Hakai.

They had long lost sight of Sewallus, his artificial intelligence probably not caring about the players now that the quest was over and there was no longer a need to force interaction with them. Now Hakai was trawling after Randal as he dug around in the dirt looking for something he could use to supplement his cooking.

Not wanting to seem weird to her, he explained his process. “I trained myself to be a cook in the game by profession, so I sometimes find materials to cook with. While they are all categorised the same, many of them offer a variety of flavour profiles and stats when cooked. So, every time I get the opportunity to explore a new floor, this is what I do, just look around.”

Spoiler
190163 3 6 1 8 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Find Material 2021-04-22 20:57:44

Edited by Randal

She watched as Randal dug around in the dirt. It was very strange to watch, even after he explained what he was doing to her. It hadnt occurred to her that you could gather materials by sifting around in the dirt, she had always picked herbs or mined or whatever. She supposed that if kind of made sense, looking for edible roots and tubers if you were a cook. "A cook, huh. why'd you pick that job, something you've always wanted to do or can do in the real world?" It was generally taboo to bring up the real world, but Hakai honestly didn't care about that kind of thing, unless she was trying to get something from someone. "I'm a merchant, but I've been out of commission for a long time. Don't even think my shop is still there." She mentioned, wanting to contribute to the conversation a bit. She had been off the grid for quite a while. "Anyway, ill stop by sometime if you give me the location." She had just been in a sour mood for the past month or so, she want usually so confrontational and rude and she decided to try to make it up to him. Her real nature was, but she was usually way better at hiding it. It seemed like all her time away from people had caused her acting skills to rust significantly. 

Randal heard Hakai’s question and stood up, dirt covering his bare upper body and clumps sticking between the creases in his trousers, in his hands was an oval-shaped bean, “You see, something like this, I got no clue what it is but definitely worth experimenting on. I was actually a businessman outside, but here there was never any good food when we were starting out so I decided to make my own, and now I just mess around cause the system lets me” He could not stop smiling at the thought of all the weird things he sold in his shop when he accidentally stepped back and fell into the hole that he had been digging, the ground below softened his fall with a light thud.

Rolling over to see what that noise was, because dirt did not make that sound, Randal swiped at it until a wooden box appeared with a mechanism on it to ensure that it was locked.

Randal finds a treasure chest
LD 12 + 6 = 18

After showing it to Hakai, Randal mentioned “I’m located on the first floor, over by Horunka Village which is a little out of the way, but I consider it home.”

“Thanks for indulging me in my gathering though, do you want to do something a little more active? We could go up to a higher floor and kill some mobs too.” Randal offered. "Although, we should probably try opening this first though."

Spoiler
190057 9 6 12 10 Randal http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Treasure Chest? 2021-04-22 11:37:12

Edited by Randal