[PP-F1] New Beginnings <<DHA 1>>

Vigilon would slay the boar, and then he would ask if the apparent blockade of boars were done. Judging by their sudden squealing followed by a hasty retreat, they clearly were. Vigilon would turn and look over to Krysta and Astreya, asking if they found any strange pages during the battle. Astreya revealed that she didn't seem to have found anything, then Krysta pulled out the page she'd retrieved from her inventory. "As a matter of fact, I have..." She straightened up the paper, and read its contents aloud...

"For future hunters, please note: Do not underestimate an amethyst dragon's agility, nor the strength of it's tail. Both are unnaturally great and quite dangerous to avoid. However if you are able to match it's speed, try and target it's wings or neck. Its hard scales cover it's underbelly as well as it's backside unlike other dragons. If you want to kill this dragon, that's your best bet."

There was no page number, nor was there a date on it. Was this simply part of some notes, or did this have anything to do with the scroll Vigilon found? "This belongs to...a Dragon Hunter, it seems." Krysta noted. "Do you think this belongs to whoever wrote the contents of the scroll?" She asked, wondering if anyone happened to have a hunch similar to her own.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilon listened to the answers each player gave. Astreya didn't manage to find anything, but Krysta did. She read the page's contents to Vigilon and Astreya, and suggested that it might have a connection to the other papers Vigilon found earlier. "You know...that just might be the case." Vigilon remarked. "The Journal entry I found when this all started seemed to be someone who was seeking out a dragon's lair, and the name of the quest we're now in mentioned 'Dragon Hunter' in its title. Even if they're not the same person, they could have easily known each other." He explained. He then needed to give his own answer to Astreya's question. "Yeah, I found one...let's see..." He answered as he straightened up the paper, ready to read it aloud.

"I fought my first dragon. It happened as I traversed the forested mountains. The fierce monster didn't hesitate to knock me off of my wagon, cutting me deep with its long talons. I quickly drew my sword and swung it just as it went for another dive, forcing it to fly higher to avoid my swing. At first glance I think it was a he. I quickly ran to the sides of the cliff to provide myself some cover, causing the dragon to launch its breath attack at my shelter. The stone began to collapse on top of me. Hopefully I don't die in this rubble."

Vigilon didn't know what to think at first, and the small white frost dragon poking her head from his hood was growling with suspicion. He couldn't guarantee what kind of Dragon Hunter this guy was, or what kinds of Dragons he faced. Good ones? Bad ones? Sentient ones? Bestial ones? He didn't have much of a clue. "I don't know what to make of this..." He admitted. "But we still have a lead...wherever the map is taking us, that is."

Astreya: HP 410/410 | EN 48/56 | 9 DMG | 62 MIT | 3 ACC | 18 Thorns | 1 Taunt | 8 BH | 1 Prosperity |
Hunting Familiar: 3/5

Astreya glanced to Krysta as the young woman announced that she had found something that had been on one of the boars- a paper of some sort.  "Oh!  What's it say?" Astreya asked, curious as she sidled a little closer, the dark-haired woman one to always be quite curious about things, especially things that she couldn't normally be invested in.  

"Amethyst Dragon?" she asked aloud once Krysta had finished, frowning.  While she hadn't heard of anything at all draconic on the first floor, there was even less that she'd heard about an Amethyst one.  That was kind of a weird thought- she didn't know if that meant the dragon itself was made of gemstones or maybe it was just a dragon that liked gemstones or what.

"Do you-" she began, exactly when Krysta did and Astreya paused, grinning at the other woman before she nodded.  "Yeah!  That's what I was going to say!  It sure sounds like it, doesn't it?  Vigilon, what's yours say?" she asked, excitedly looking back at the other.

This one was less of a warning, and more of a recounting of a battle with one.  "That sounds like a mean dragon, whatever it was," Astreya spoke, thinking to herself.  "Granted, if the Dragon Hunter was after it, maybe it was just defending itself.  That or maybe it attacked first?" she asked, looking back and forth between the two.

Vigilon continued, noting that this didn't really help them find their target, which was true, but she nodded nonetheless.  "Yeah!  I guess we should just, like, totally be on the lookout for a male dragon that's super aggressive, and if he's a uh... amethyst dragon, we, like, know how to beat it up, right?" she asked.

Vigilon seemed to have some questions, more than Astreya, as it turned out. Then again, Krysta had known several reasons as to why he would question this hunter...certain experiences that were too cruel for Krysta to willingly commit unless it was absolutely necessary...but everything had changed, had they not? "If this pulls us into more cruelty, I'm going to quit...though it doesn't seem likely as of the moment. We should probably push onward and see where this goes. Hopefully, it won't be like...those times." She remarked, having yet to realize that this very questline replaced that which she recalled.

Krysta would then look to Astreya after her most recent thoughts were spoken. I agree. We should keep an eye out for anything unusual...even if it doesn't involve dragons." Krysta added, recalling the blockade of boars the trio had just clashed with earlier. There were a handful of questions, but how many would this quest answer? Would there be more that awaited them, potentially beyond just this floor?

"Yeah, makes sense, I guess..." Vigilon noted. With all things now spoken, and a number of questions to answer, all that was left to do was to continue searching the floor for the nest.

The trio would travel to a more mountainous portion of the floor before reaching the general area the map was taking them. "Well, this is the area the map led us to..." Vigilon began. "But I don't see any evidence of anything living around here. Did we come too late? ...Oh, wait, right, Dragon. It might use flight to get home easily...hmmm...how should we search...?" Vigilon finished, thinking aloud at the end. If there was anything he knew of permadeath games, even truly lethal ones like this, the obvious wrong answer was to split the party...even if the floor was low level. "Well, clearly we're not gonna split up, so maybe we should split and divide our attention instead...maybe we could all look in different directions, keeping an eye out for the nest, while still traveling in the same group?" Vigilon suggested. Sure, this seemed like an easy answer to this problem, but he was asking because better safe than sorry.

ID# 193638 LD: 7+6=13(Failed)

Search Posts: 1/5

Edited by Vigilon

Astreya: HP 410/410 | EN 48/56 | 9 DMG | 62 MIT | 3 ACC | 18 Thorns | 1 Taunt | 8 BH | 1 Prosperity |
Hunting Familiar: 4/5

Post Action- Search for Dragon Nest:
ID: #193992
LD: 13 (Failed!)

"Into more cruelty?" Astreya echoed, not entirely sure what the woman was referring to.  Of course, she had barely begun to scratch the surface of the Quests before the system had updated, leaving her without any real understanding of what the quests had been like previously.  "Well hopefully it doesn't, but it's not like the stuff here is for real and all that, right?  It's just a game.  A really realistic game... unless you mean if you're dealing with like... player killers, and all that," she murmured.  She and Freyd had a run-in with some, and while she hadn't really fought them herself, she had stood her ground against them.

"Then again," she murmured, recalling that scenario a bit more distinctly now that she was thinking about it, "I do get pretty protective about the NPCs too," she admitted, thinking to herself.  In that time, Vigilon had indicated that he had an idea for them to split up their search, but remain nearby, and see what they could find out about the nest.  "Sure!  That sound good.  I'll see if Frosty can help out too!" she called, beaming a grin as she looked to her Frost Vulture who gave a low 'caw' in response to her words.

"C'mon!  Let's go look!" she cheered, and the bird gave a small sound before taking off, helping in the search as well.

Edited by Astreya

Astreya seemed to be confused by what Krysta meant on cruelty. Krysta sighed, then began to explain. "I have...been in some quests that turned out to be morally questionable, involving the slaying of juvenile boars and dragon hatchlings, and I never knew they were my opponents until I found them...they were young, how could they possibly be evil enough to strike down, game or no? It's heartless slaughter is what it is! I cannot believe Kayaba would dare to put us through such horrible things!" 

Her rant wasn't even over yet.

"And don't get me started on those murderers...I've been chasing down one in particular, a player named Dazia, who has killed four and counting, and she's constantly finding ways to escape...she's taken four innocent lives, and I will not stand for that slaughter! I will surely find her and vanquish her one day!" 

Krysta took a deep breath, and she was calm again.

The three players would follow the mark on the map towards a mountainous region of the floor, and Vigilon would suggest that the players not split up the party, but split up their attention instead. "I agree. I'll be looking for an opening around...this general direction." She noted as she began looking around. So far, there was nothing to be found, but that might change soon.

ID# 193993 LD: 4+3=7(failed)

Search posts: 3/5

Edited by Krysta

"Yeeeeaaahhhh, see, Krysta's not opposed to killing killers, as long as she believes they're evil..." Vigilon noted after Krysta had her rant. "She's um, been through some things, including the loss of her cousin....caused by Dazia." Vigilon revealed...

And yet Vigilon wasn't willing to tell her what he'd learned about Dazia, that she was actually...nah, never mind, it wasn't like that would ever be an important thing to mention. It would be kinda weird if he did. "I do agree that it's unbelievable that Kayaba would ever force players to slay innocent creatures, but then again, it's not very far fetched if he's twisted enough to make this game a death game and trap us in it." He added.

The players were all now taking a good look around the area, but it wasn't like they'd searched every corner just yet, which made sense as no one had found anything just yet. All Vigilon could see on the horizon was more of the mountains, and maybe a portion of the floor from above...but other than that, he wasn't seeing very much.

Yeah, they probably needed to search in a different spot of the area.

ID# 193994 LD: 10+6=16(failed)

@Astreya

Edited by Vigilon

Astreya: HP 410/410 | EN 56/56 | 9 DMG | 62 MIT | 3 ACC | 18 Thorns | 1 Taunt | 8 BH | 1 Prosperity |
Hunting Familiar: 5/5

Post Action- Search for Dragon Nest:
ID#: 194014
LD: 3 (Fail | 5/5, auto-found next post)

"Oh yeah yeah!" Astreya responded, her eyes suddenly lighting up with her own thoughts on the matter, it seemed like.  "I did those introductory quests a little bit ago and they were out there having you kill the Boar Pups for their tusks or whatever.  Like, Boar Pups don't even have tusks so it seemed like pretty senseless killing, right?' the woman asked, shaking her head.  

Granted, she had started to be able to separate out her thoughts on the matter somewhat, being able to reason that this was still a game.  If they were doing this and it wasn't through the VR headset, she reasoned that she (and a lot of other people) would probably be a little less concerned about it all. But given that they had to physically (or well, send their brain impulses to imitate moving physically) attack and kill these things was certainly cause for concern.

As the conversation turned to player killers, Astreya's own expression fell a bit.  There was something awful about losing someone who had been killed by something within the game.  But being killed by another player was... so much worse.  There was something about that which was just vile- in the same way that murder was.  Krysta seemed more than willing to exact justice and vengeance, but Astreya herself didn't think she could actually do it.  Then again, she wasn't in Krysta's position- she hadn't lost anyone to a player killer.  That might change her mind.

However, as the group continued to search, they weren't having a lot of luck, and Astreya frowned, before a sudden caw caught her ear, and she turned to see Frosty fluttering back, holding something in one of her claws... but she seemed like she was coming from a mountain area.  "There might be something up that way!" Astreya called, not breaking formation too far, but still moving closer to where her familiar was coming from.

Edited by Astreya
  • 1 month later...

Astreya was in agreement with Krysta regarding the senseless slaughter of boar pups during that quest. Vigilon also had his own thoughts on the matter. "Sometimes I still wonder why Kayaba even chose to create this world and trap us all within it, not to mention putting our lives in mortal peril in the process..." Krysta remarked as her left fist clenched, then unclenched as she did what she could to remain calm. So much evil within this virtual world, not only from Kayaba and the malevolent entities that infested it, but from the existing evil within certain individuals and other individuals' failure to hold onto reality or morality.

Astreya's familiar seemed to come back to her owner from a certain direction, and Krysta's ruby red feathered dragon was looking towards that direction, letting out a soft, trill-like growl. "Hm? What is it, Yolviinsil?" Krysta asked the familiar on her shoulder. The small feathered dragon took flight after Astreya suggested that the nest may be in the direction her own familiar had just come from. Krysta would follow Yolviinsil, as she was headed for where the other familiar was coming from.

Krysta followed her familiar over to a well lit cave that seemed to have a nest of sorts, one with a long dragon with topaz scales laying down. When Krysta came close to the cavernous nest, the dragon opened her eyes and got up, roaring defensively. Krysta stopped moving at once, and she could see from under the dragon an empty nest with eggshells and another dragon...but that other dragon was dead, and there were many red marks in the patterns of horrid gashes along the living dragon's underbelly. Krysta's right hand was raised over her mouth as her eyes widened, all while she gasped at the sight of what was clearly the aftermath of a recent assault. "Oh, goodness, what happened here?" She exclaimed. Yolviinsil flew over to the dragon, landing in front of her. The small dragon's stance seemed cautious, but nevertheless she began trilling and growling softly. The topaz dragon seemed to be willing to hear the familiar out. The topaz Dragon then looked to Krysta and the other players. "This little one claims you have come in peace. You may enter." The dragon spoke. Since Krysta had also asked about what happened, the topaz dragon then said, "Another of my kind, Carsar, was always jealous of my mate. Now my mate is dead, and my children have been stolen from me. The fiend has also taken our treasure for himself." The dragon then looked each player up and down. "You do seem capable, however...perhaps you can be of help? I must remain here, so can I ask you to go to Carsar's nest, and bring my children back to me, safe and sound?"

Edited by Krysta

Astreya's familiar would return from a certain location, and Krysta's familiar would then suddenly take off towards that direction. Veriost tilted her head in curiosity, then took flight to follow Krysta and Yolviinsil. "At this rate, I'm pretty sure there is." Vigilon replied to Astreya upon seeing the familiars' courses of action.

Following Astreya and Krysta, Vigilon would eventually reach the destination. Upon Krysta reaching the territory, a topaz dragon would roar out what Vigilon guessed was a warning call. Krysta's familiar then landed between Krysta and the dragon, then started to...converse with it? Oh, right, this topaz dragon and Yolviinsil were both dragons...of course they could communicate with each other.

The topaz Dragon then permitted the players to enter her territory. The spoken words also revealed to Vigilon that the topaz Dragon knew human speech. Due to Krysta asking what happened here, The dragon would reveal that another Dragon, by the name of Carsar, had killed her husband and stole her hatchlings, as well as her treasure, too. Finally, the Topaz dragon looked over the party, then requested for their help. Vigilon stepped forward. "We will help you." He decided. "Although...you don't happen to know where his nest is, do you?" He asked, hoping the party wouldn't be searching for Carsar's nest blindly.

He then looked to Krysta. "Hey, is there something you can do about her wounds?" He asked while gesturing to the topaz Dragon.

Oh, he almost forgot... He then looked over to Astreya. "Well, looks like we're doing this. Do you think you're ready for a rescue mission?" He asked while scratching the back of his head.

@Astreya

• 1 month later...

Astreya moved forward toward Frosty as the vulture hustled back toward them, and as it dropped the item into her palm, the young woman's head cocked to the side for a moment, no idea what it was that had been delivered.  "Yeah I don't get it.  You sure look proud of yourself though," the girl teased, reaching a hand up to scratch at the side of the bird' head, getting a crooning sound of appreciation in return.  

All the same, the direction that the bird had come from had been their new destination and as they came forward, the pet of Krysta seemed to be a little more aware than the rest as it shot forward in that direction.  Krysta followed along and so too did Vigilon and Astreya, the pair bringing up the rear.  

But as they drew closer, the pair could hear a dragon's roar of anger, and the young woman paused as she saw all the broken eggshells, and the corpse of the other dragon on the ground.  She frowned, feeling a lump in her throat.  "How horrible," she spoke quietly, even as the dragon began to reveal what had happened here.  She looked over toward the others.  "We've-" she began, about to let them know that they had to go and help, when Vigilon had asked if she was up for it.  

"Heck yeah I am!  We've gotta go and rescue the eggs and hatchlings and all that!  No way am I going to let some child-thief get away with this!" the girl responded, her cheeks puffing out in anger as she looked between the other two.  "Right?  Let's go find out where this other dragon went and I'll show him a thing or two," she spoke, shaking her fist into the air.

Astreya: HP 410/410 | EN 56/56 | 9 DMG | 62 MIT | 3 ACC | 18 Thorns | 1 Taunt | 8 BH | 1 Prosperity |
Hunting Familiar: 0/5

Post Action: Gathering
ID: #197931
CD: 1 (Fail! 1 EXP gained!)
LD: 4

Free Action: Hunting Familiar
ID: #197932 (1140 Col, Rare Trinket)
CD: 1 (2 Bonus Materials)
LD: 11  (2 Bonus Materials)

@Krysta @Vigilon

Edited by Astreya

It would seem that the players' course of action was clear. Vigilon also gave the suggestion of healing the topaz dragon. "Of course," Krysta responded with a nod of her head, as she was going to do so anyway. This was no evil entity, so it would be best to help her out, despite being an NPC. Krysta would walk over to the dragon, and place her hand upon her. With one hand on the dragon, and the other hand upon her heart, Krysta focused, closed her eyes, and activated her skill. A white glow surrounded the dragon, as well as Krysta's hands, and some of the smaller wounds began to slowly close.

The Topaz Dragon smiled softly at Krysta. "Such a kind and noble heart you possess. I'm afraid I cannot go with you to face Carsar, but I can offer this..." The dragon then gently breathed on the players, and Krysta could feel a wind within her. "Your help is very much appreciated, thank you..." Krysta responded. Then The Dragon looked over to Vigilon as to answer his question. "Of course. His nest is not far from here. Allow me to show you..." Upon those words, she would use her claws to make a rough sketch of the area of Floor 1 the players were in, adding a X where Carsar was, and an O where the players were. Vigilon's map would be updated when he looked at the markings.

Now it was time to leave for Carsar's nest. "Lead the way, Vigilon."

-Used First Aid on Fuzziel

All Players receive Fuzziel's Blessing(+1 EVA) for the remaining duration of the thread.

Edited by Krysta

Astreya seemed eager for the next objective, and the Dragon would show Vigilon where Carsar was hiding via a rough sketch of the area that was drawn on the surface of a large, flat stone on the ground. The Dragon also appreciated Krysta's healing and breathed on the trio of players, and...they got an evasion buff from it? As confused as Vigilon was, he wasn't gonna argue with this. His map was updated, Astreya was eager for a rescue mission, Krysta was ready and determined, and Vigilon was ready to set things right and settle this little score between the dragons. Krysta asked for Vigilon to lead the way, which made enough sense as it was his map that updated. Maybe the others' maps would update as well if they saw the claw sketch too? Not that he minded leading the party on this little adventure, but still...

Vigilon looked over to the Topaz Dragon. "Thanks for the help and directions, we'll be back with everything Carsar stole from you." Vigilon said with a smile. "Let's go, everyone." He finished as he turned around while gesturing the others to follow. Sure, there may be three players in the party, but despite their meager contributions, it would be six if counting the players' familiars.

@Astreya

Hunting Familiar: 1/5

"Don't worry, dragon-friend!" Astreya spoke, pointing out toward the dragon as Krysta worked on healing it.  "We'll definitely go and get all those eggs back.  I can't stand bullies- I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, and a boot in his head," the girl grumbled, clearly annoyed by the whole of the situation.  She shook her head slowly before she turned to glance back at the dragon as the slight wind whipped up around her.  She blinked, before noting the Evasion buff that was now settling onto her.  Well... cool?

As the dragon began to show them where to go, Astreya was practically bouncing in place, her blue eyes wide in her excitement.  "Okay okay c'mon let's go!" she spoke, hopping out of the cave and glancing around the landscape before she began to hop back down the mountainous side.  "It was this way, right?" she called back to Vigilon, the girl beginning to march in the direction that she thought it was... even if she might be well off the mark.  

Above, Frosty crowed at her, and she blinked, looking back up at the feathery frost creature.  "I'm totally going the right way don't you sass me," she called up at the bird.  It was then that she realized that Vigilon was going in a different direction, and she wrinkled her nose, frowning.  "Okay, hang on, I'm coming!" she spoke, following along as the group made their way toward the cave indicated by Fuzziel.  

--

As they approached, Astreya frowned, hearing something growling inside.  She reached a hand back, grasping ahold of the hilt of her weapon, before looking at the other two.  "Vigilon, you taking point or you want me to draw its attention so you two can cut it to ribbons?" she asked.

@Vigilon @Krysta

Edited by Astreya

The players left the dragon's nest, and began to make way for Carsar's den. 

The trip did not turn out to be as long as Krysta expected, but it was still longer than what was typical for such a distance, due to the rocky terrain of the mountain range. At last, the objective was within sight, and it was now time to confront the dragon. While Astreya began to speak with Vigilon, Krysta continued to move forward.

A pair of eyes glared at Krysta from within the cavernous lair. "Who dares to come near my Den?" Spoke a cruel voice. A few of the Dragon Hatchlings near the cave looked to the eyes glaring from the dark, and they all fled for cover behind stones and boulders. Krysta drew her weapon. "Carsar, we have come for what you have stolen. You are guilty of murder, theft, and abduction of another's young. Come out, fiend, and face the consequences of your crimes!" She called out. The cruel voice would speak again. "Foolish girl, do you really believe that a mighty dragon like myself would dare hold himself to the lowly guidelines you humans restrain yourselves with?  Ayzzyn deserved what came to him. I should be, and I WILL be, the Alpha of this land!"

With that, Carsar emerged from the darkness, coming at Krysta with malicious intent. "And I will slaughter anyone who gets in my way!"

Krysta readied her Sword Art. "Then face your end, scoundrel! I shall bring justice!"

Krysta's blade tore into Carsar, and with a flash of light and a burst of holy power that the weapon was blessed with, Carsar was no more.

ID# 198352 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG, Holy Activates!)

Galaxy Destroyer: (25+8)x17-40=521 DMG

Vigilon: HP 700/700 EN 84/84 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA | 6 LD | PAR 9-10 |

Astreya: HP 410/410 | EN 56/56 | 9 DMG | 62 MIT | 3 ACC | 18 Thorns | 1 Taunt | 8 BH | 1 Prosperity | 1 EVA

Krysta: HP 680/680 | EN 86/102 | 23 DMG | 78 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 LD | 34 BH | Holy: 8 | T4 Bleed: 9-10 | 1 EVA

Enemies:

<<Carsar the Egg Snatcher>>

Spoiler

HP: 0/350 | DMG: 65 MIT: 40

Abilities:

• Natural FighterCarsar can make three attacks in one round; once with his maw, once with his tail, and once with his claws. All deal the same damage.  If fighting against a party of three, each player will be targeted by an individual attack. Against a party of two, each will be targeted once, followed by an AoE attack that targets both. Against a solo party, the player will be targeted by all three attacks.
  • Aerial Combat | At any time Carsar feels overly threatened (losing more than 100 points of his health in one round) he takes to the skies to increase his mobility. While airborne he has +2 EVA, with a penalty of -1 ACC (-2 ACC at 200 or less HP, and -3 ACC at 100 or less HP). Carsar will land, ending this effect, if he takes 50 damage or less over two rounds. 
  • Breath Attack Activates on an BD 9-10.  Carsar has the ability to use a breath attack which emits a large paralytic gas. The attack gains +35 DMG (replacing crit bonus) with this attack and targets all players in the battlefield, inflicting Paralyze on contact. Make separate attack rolls for each additional target beyond the first.  Carsar he can only use this twice in a single battle before he cannot do so anymore.

Edited by Krysta

What started out as a search for a dragon's nest became something much different. First, there was the initial start of the search, then there was the boar blockade, followed by a long search around a mountain range, in which a new objective awaited them...and there was only the search for Carsar's Den that came before the most unexpected part of this trip.

Vigilon noticed that Astreya went in the wrong direction during the start of the search, but quickly returned to the party. "Happens to everyone at least once, I suppose." Vigilon thought.

When the party reached the area where Carsar was hiding, there came a growl from the cave. Astreya asked Vigilon what his call was on the situation. He thought for a moment, then began to speak his thoughts. "This is floor one, so a monster from this floor shouldn't be too much of a hassle. We can try to take it down, and Krysta can heal if it does more damage than we expected. All things considered, we should be able to-"

"Then face your end, scoundrel! I shall bring justice!" Came the sound of Krysta's voice.

Vigilon looked over towards the cave to see Krysta going full on Smite on a Dragon that might have been Carsar. "...Or she could just Singlehandedly smite him and we improvise. I mean, I wasn't expecting him to be that much of a pushover, but I can't argue with results." He remarked. "I'll take a look inside the cave and see if I can find the stolen treasure. You can help find and count up the Hatchlings, right?" He asked Astreya.

Regardless of Astreya's answer, he'd be going to the cave to see if he could find the stolen hoard. So far, he didn't have any luck, but that wasn't stopping him. He wasn't just gonna glance and go, he was gonna search more thoroughly. It wasn't like a Dragon could just spend a hoard, right?

@Astreya

ID# 198393 LD: 7+6=13(Failed to find Carsar's Hoard)

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 weeks later...

Hunting Familiar: 2/5

ID: 198606
LD for Carsar's Hoard: 1 (sad trombone noises)

--

The young woman had been going over the various plans with Vigilon in what they could do in dealing with this dragon.  There were certainly options that didn't know.  Of course, the was a monster on the first floor so there definitely was a bit of bravado to be had.  It likely wasn't going to be a complete and utter pushover, but at the same time, she doubted that it was going to be anything too dangerous, either.  Adventurers on the First Floor could come across the trail that led to this quest, for certain.

But as she began to discuss with Vigilon on what they would be doing, and how they should approach the situation, when the battle cry from Krysta came from deeper in the cavern.  Astreya blinked, looking over as she saw the woman absolutely destroy the supposed monster.  She blinked, her hand still on the hilt of her sword.  "Uh..." she began, actually a little disappointed.  Not that she minded getting the carry, but man, she had hoped to be able to help out a little bit!

"The eggs, right!" she spoke, completely ignoring any potential treasure as she began to look over the eggs, beginning to make sure that all of the eggs and hatchlings were present and accounted for.

Edited by Astreya
  • 1 month later...

With Carsar slain, the Hatchlings had nothing else to worry about. Krysta put away her weapon as Vigilon made his way to the cave, while Astreya began to search for the egg. "Your captor is no more, little ones. Come, we shall return you to your mother." Krysta called out for the hatchlings to hear.

The hatchlings hesitated, but then one walked near Krysta, approaching her cautiously. Yolviinsil landed near it, letting out a few gentle growls. Three more hatchlings emerged from their hiding places among the rocks scattered around the area, and one of them seemed to have a long scratch on its side. Krysta slowly brought her hand over to said hatchling, and she used first aid to try and help the little one. The four hatchlings then huddled close to her so suddenly. All the while, two more hatchlings approached Astreya, one of them walking with a limp. One of these two hatchlings was looking at Astreya, while the other, while still near Astreya, was looking over towards Vigilon curiously. "Could this be all of them?" Krysta thought aloud as she glanced around her surroundings.

Vigilon didn't expect to see that Carsar's den was dark, but honestly, if Vigilon was a dragon with a lot of treasure, he'd keep it well-hidden from any would-be looters that were undeserving of it, so clearly Carsar must have been thinking when considering where to have his hoard, because Vigilon still didn't even see a sparkle or hear a clink. Maybe if he went further into the den...

Not knowing that one of the hatchlings was watching him, Vigilon walked into the darker spot of the den, and he still didn't hear or see a thing...was it getting darker or something? There had to be an explanation as to how this specific spot in the cavernous den was so dark, and-

"Whoaaa-aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!"

With a thud, he landed on his face after stepping on air and stumbling down a small ledge.

Well, guess that explained it, but now how was he gonna find the hoard? Heck, how was he gonna climb back up? He could only hope the ledge he'd just fallen down from could be scaled or something...

ID# 199097 LD: 1

@Astreya

Edited by Vigilon