[PT/PP/14] Ending the Reign of Demon Kind <<Cull of the Dead>>

Ending the Reign of Demon Kind

Following the defeat of Rohk, the fourteenth floor was reduced to ruin and rubble, as the undead forces started taking hold more and more.  Soon after a mysterious wave of destruction had passed among the floors, the demons of the thirteenth floor moved up to the next floor, and found a paradise.  No longer would they be oppressed and beaten by the angels that resided on the thirteenth floor.  They were their own masters now, and so they took it upon themselves to claim this land as their own.  Terraforming the land into a 'hell on earth', they sought to keep their home protected at all costs.  The one to truly claim this role to the fullest was a dark twisted demon by the name of Beelzebub, whom took advantage of Rohk's disappearance, and Shadow's manipulation, to take over as a newly appointed Floor Boss.  Cardinal will not allow this, and in it's corrupted state has called upon adventurers to lay low the demon lord, in a renewed Cull of the Dead.

-----------

A red cloaked figure stood among the broken rows and columns.  Many other red cloaked figures would pass him by, not giving him the time of day.  He was an outsider to them, even in his tattered red cloak, it was far too bright of red here than it used to be, and much brighter than anyone else would wear.  Still, it would help with working his way through the rows of tents and people to where he needed to be.  It was the first time that this man had ever stepped foot on this unholy ground, and he was beginning to regret it already.  Soon, he wouldn't be able to handle it anymore, and removed the facial cover and hood to reveal a young man with his hair held out of his face with a red headband.  Upon the headpiece was a crescent moon insignia that he kept close to his person.  He was slightly surprised to find that his hair, once green as a clover, was now grayed out.  In fact, the only things on his body that seemed to pop out was his old KoB Blades cloak, his crimson red armor, and his red headband.  The hunter sighed as he spoke:

"This is getting weirder by the minute.  First, a weird message and new system update, or event, was it?  Now I'm here?  Why am I here again?"

Hirru said before taking some of this buffing consumables items and scarfing as much as he physically could, while drowning them down with a few potions.  Something told him that he would be needing them.

Items used: Field Rations +12% (86) Max HP / Immolation Potion +30 Thorns / Potion of Minor Strength [194532] +1 Dmg

Quest Info

Spoiler

Floor 14
<<Cull of the Dead>>
Party Limit: 5 | 20+ Posts
Repeatable for standard thread rewards, and additional attempts at unlocking <<Restorative Strike>>.

Vampire Castle wallpaper by JD_Bowers - b4 - Free on ZEDGE™

Quest Rewards:

• 2,250 Experience Points
  • POTENTIAL REWARD | Defeat Beelzebub 
    • Unlock <<Restorative Strike>> Extra Skill

Requirements:

• Roleplay encountering Lilith.
  • Speak to Captain Harkens of the Red Cloaks.
  • Roleplay traveling to the Ashen Keep.
  • Defeat 3 Red Cloak Revenants and any Ancient Mechanical Constructs they captured (Further information in outline).
  • Retrieve Sanctified Sword (T3 Demonic [Weapon of Choice] | Holy 2 | Burn | Blessed)
    • Only ONE acquired per thread.
    • Blessed: Weapon transforms into the weapon type of the user's choice and becomes the Tier of the weapon's carrier. This weapon is destroyed at the end of the thread.
  • Travel to the Vampire Castle, Razsak.
  • Defeat Lilith and her 2 vampire attendants.
  • Roleplay speaking with Beelzebub.
  • Escape Beelzebub.
    • (Option) Fight Beelzebub. (Potential Reward!)
  • Return to Captain Harkens at the Red Cloak Outpost.

Summary:

The quest begins on the outskirts of Stonewall, where the players find several red-cloaked NPCs engaged in battle with a stunning red-eyed woman wielding a dagger. Upon closer inspection, it appears the woman is winning. The dark-haired beauty single-handedly dispatches several NPCs. Their shattered red shards circulate into the air before being syphoned into the girl, mending any wounds the men had managed to inflict. Another soldier falls before a tall man wearing worn steel armor steps forward. His hair is a silvery grey, a disgruntled look plainly splayed across his face. He reaches behind his, retrieving a large two-handed war axe charging forward. With the help of a few soldiers acting as distractions, the man deals a great blow to the woman, gashing her left side. Unheard words are exchanged before the woman retreats, leaving the soldiers to tend to the wounded. 

As the party approaches the scene, the man standing protective watch, and clearly identified as the red cloaked soldiers' leader, disregards them entirely until one of you asks him what happened. "Lilith tested us again. She's retreated for now, but she will return. She does a damn good job keeping us on the ropes." The captain returns his weapon to his sheath before casting an eye to his men. "She managed to get a couple of my men and a few of the local guards. I managed to chase her off, but she is near-immortal without a sanctified weapon." He points towards the distant South. "The only one I know of is within the Ashen Keep. However, I don't have men to spare to retrieve it. Stonewall won't lend me any assistance either." Once the party offers assistance, Harkens will raise an eyebrow. "You'd be willing to delve into an old keep, battle whatever may be inside and claim the weapon? If you are capable of that, you might as well try your luck at killing Lilith then. Careful though, she is a tricky one."

Captain Harkens and his remaining Red Cloaks begin their journey back to their outpost, leaving the party to their quest. Arriving to the Ashen Keep, the players find that the site worn down and abandoned. Most of the area has been reduced to rubble and torn Red Cloak apparel and weapons litter the ground. Luckily, the underground entrance remains easily accessible. The keep's interior is much as one would expect. Cell-like niches with rusted, wrought iron gates surround a long, winding hallway. Some contain bones from prisoners left to decay, long ago. Further in, the party enters an area that seems to have once served as some sort of courtyard. At its center, in the hand of a skeleton, lays a sword, somehow impossibly free of rust. Glistening, it appears to call to the party as the object they are to retrieve. However, as they step into the courtyard, groans are heard from all around them.

Out from behind several large hunks of metal, come the decayed bodies of soldiers long-since dead. Still wearing the tattered remains of their Red Cloaks, their hollow eyes hunger and delight at the sight of a new challenge. Instead of attacking, however, they begin to feel around the metallic debris. Only now do you spot the similarities between them. All of them are engines of war: Deactivated Ancient Mechanical Constructs. Should the party give the Revenants too much time, they will activate these constructs and turn them against them. 

After defeating the undead, and any constructs that they successfully reanimate, the players retrieve the Sanctified artifact. The sleek weapon gleams in the dim light keep, transforming into a weapon type of the player's design. The weapon gives off a white aura, surrounding it like it low flame. Claiming the weapon adds it to the player's inventory will add itself as a quest item. 

The party must then travel to the Vampire castle, Razsak.  As they approach, it becomes apparent that the castle itself is in good repair, having somehow been spared the ravages that have afflicted the rest of Floor Fourteen. Your entrance is unopposed, and seemingly expected or even welcome.  The smell of death is thick in the air as a substance akin to dried blood stains the timber floor. The enemy awaits you, seated on a throne of red stained wood. Despite her earlier wounds, Lilith's appearance shows no evidence of injuries. 

"So you've come." She states, a sadistic smile spreading across her face, revealing a pair of elongated fangs. "At least that's what I'd like to say. The problem is, I don't quite know who you are, though you seem familiar with me. I can feel the power of the weapon you are carrying. It has been some time since I've actually been threatened by its like." 

A snap of her fingers brings a vampire to either side of her, each baring their teeth. "Now, shall we begi-" A authoritative male voice interrupts her.

"One moment." The entrance to the building opens once more. Stepping forward is a lean man of average height and wiry build with angular features. His eyes gleam like crystals and a barbed tail protrudes from his rear. "Quite sorry. Always seem to be late to this kind of thing." He clears his throat, eyeing the players and the vampires. 

"M-master!" Lilith pleads, prostrating herself in a bowing position. He steps past the party before seating himself at the vampire's throne. 

"Please." he says. "Do not allow me to interfere with the battle." Lilith stands and begins her advance on the party. 

As the final blow falls, a powerful light washes over the room, gathering into the Sanctified weapon and arcing to the woman's body. Streaks of lights appear from her veins and her body slowly begins to fall to dust. The weapon itself burns away leaving the player holding nothing but crumbling white pixels. All is suddenly silent, until a sarcastic clapping fills the room. 

"Look at that. You managed to kill a monster using the weapon designed just to kill it." He stands from the throne, an unimpressed look on his face. "It doesn't please me to see the monsters I created for a special purpose bullied like that. Its not like they won't respawn anyway." His eyes travel to meet the party leader's. "I came all of this way I suppose, but don't think you are special in any way. I came to your quest like every other player who takes it and makes it this far. Really, I like just playing around a bit. Struggle or run, see where it gets you." Flames alight the man's crystal eyes and four health bars appear with the title <<Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame>>

If the Party escapes:

Finding that escape is the best option from the boss, the party flees out the main door. Sprinting away at full speed, they will soon find a wall of flame blocks their escape. Stepping out the door to the building, Beelzebub sneers at the party. 

"Leaving so soon? Without saying goodbye? How rude." Giant swords of pure flame form above the players, prepared to strike down and melt them where they stand. However, they fade as quickly as they appeared along with the wall of fire. "It wouldn't do me any good to slaughter you. Should you wish to learn more of this floor's history you should travel to the Blackwatch Bastion. You'll find another of my pawns. I think you might even enjoy the story, as I had a hand in its creation."

He steps past the players, shooting them a devilish grin. "I'll be seeing you, I suppose. There is simply nothing that I love more than observing the reactions and interactions of players." His entire body catches fire, incinerating in moments. All that remains of Beelzebub are ashes.  

If the Party fights:

"Fight or flight is the human response! Whether standing in front of me prepared to fight is courage or foolishness stands to be seen!" A grin appears on his face as flames begin to dance around his figure. "Oh dear. Pardon me. It would be rude to fight on an uneven playing field." He raises his hand, a soothing warmth surrounding them for a moment. The party finds their health and energy has been entirely restored.  "There we are. I'll now allow you the first attack."

As the party successfully drains the first of Beelzebub's Health bars, he will pause the fighting.  "Wow! I'm amazed to find you managed to beat my first phase! However, I am a boss so there are about three more with increasing difficulty. You know, typical boss things. The problem is, to ensure my own survival I kind of beefed up the last three phases and there isn't really any way you could survive the ordeal. They're all scaled to about... Floor Sixty's typical level." He puts his hands up apologetically.  "Just to make sure you don't think I'm just pulling this out of a hat..." His body becomes engulfed in fire, his form no longer visible. After several moments of intensive rising heat, a rush of flames assaults the players and brings them each down to 1 Health. The battlefield has now been entirely scorched and Beelzebub's voice emits from the tower of fire. "Each time a new phase begins after the first, I unleash an attack named: <<Hellblaze>>. It brings every player in the vicinity down to one remaining health. Of course, to make it fair there would be a period that I wouldn't attack so you could attempt to heal a bit." The flames cease, and the boss is seen once again in his normal form at full health. 

"Unfair? Yes I know. You understand though right? Only one life. After your HP reaches zero, its over. Of course, when I found out how to manipulate the game a bit I made myself much stronger." He smiles at the players.  "If you are curious to know more about me, I suggest you keep digging. The Blackwatch Bastion may be the next place to go. There's a nice, juicy story about these tragic Red Cloaks there." He steps towards the exit of the castle.  "Just one more thing. You are deserving of something for defeating my first phase in combat. I've seen countless players do the quest and they don't give enough to incorporate having to deal with me. I'm not a part of it, really. I just enjoy showing up. Some players skip the whole grabbing the Sanctified Sword and come to their deaths. Anything more I learn on humans is precious, even if it is how they react to facing their own demise."

Raising his hand for a brief moment, the castle becomes silent.  "There. You defeated a Vampire. It only makes sense that the 'game' should give you a skill named <<Restorative Strike>>. Its has to make sense, in case Cardinal or the Game Masters decide to check into it." He turns away from the players, a devilish smile on his face.  "Good day, I'll be seeing you around." His entire body catches fire, incinerating in moments. All that remains of Beelzebub are ashes.  

Outline: 

NPCs:

Captain Harkens (adjusted).jpg

<<Captain Harkens>>
Captain of a small group of Red Cloak soldier's. He is known for being strong, however equally stern. He speaks with a stern demeanor and has no patience for those trying to create more of a mess than what there already is.

Enemies:

Red Cloak Revenant (Adjusted).png

<<Red Cloaked Revenant>>
The remains of a people known as "Red Cloaks". Typically found in ruins and crypts, they still understand how to work their ancient constructs.

HP: 700/700 | DMG: 125

Abilities:

• Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
  • Activate! | When this mob doesn't have at least 5 hate on any player, it spends its post action to decrease the activation for the Ancient Mechanical Construct by 5.

TES:Codex (VO)/Armor - La Grande Bibliothèque de Tamriel

<<Ancient Mechanical Construct>>
An old construct created by the Red Cloaks to protect themselves from the countless monsters and undead that prowled around the floor.

HP: 1250/1250 | DMG: 300 | MIT: 100 | ACC: 3 | EVA: -3

Abilities:

• Metal Body | Immune to all Status Effects.  Cannot be healed.
  • Neutral | This mob can be controlled by players by spending a post action to increase its <<Activation Score>> by 5.  An Activation Score of 20 means it is controlled by players for the rest of the fight while an Activation amount of -20 means it becomes a hostile mob Whoever gains control first keeps it for the rest of the battle.

Lilith (adjusted).png

<<Lilith>>
A Master Vampire that spends her time keeping the human NPC's on the floor on their toes. She serves but one master and is known as queen to all vampires on the floor. She fights rather aggressively, relying on her immortality, powerful regeneration, and Damage Over Time effects to defeat each opponent that she faces. All Red shards that pool from wounds in this fight travel to her instead of dissipating in the air.

HP: 1500/1500 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10)
This quest mob uses its own BD roll when attacking.

Abilities:

• Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
  • Vampire | Suffers double damage from Burn, Flame Aura and Flame Thorns. Restores own health by 25% of final damage dealt to opponent, or 50% against targets suffering from Bleed.
  • Soothing Song | On a CD 7-12, Lilith will hum a soothing tune, decreasing all opponents Accuracy by 1, and reducing the Hate of her current target by 2.
  • Blood Fallen | Damage Increases by 25 for each ally or enemy defeated during battle.
  • Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 
  • Vampire Spawn | Lilith always begins combat with two <<Vampire Spawn>> in tow.

Vampire.jpg

<<Vampire Spawn>>

HP: 500/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10)

fd6c3ab39cac0a64fd806118e189dc69.png

<<Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame>>
A mysterious mob that identifies himself as the Floor Fourteen boss. Claiming to have used Cardinal to increase his own power, he travels the fourteenth floor and observes the players on it to gain a better understanding of human. Most of his attacks are fire based, though even those bearing the Fireproof enhancement aren't safe from his power. 

HP: 2500/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | Burn 25 (2 turns on a BD 9-10)
This boss uses its own BD roll when attacking.

Abilities:

• Boss Room Effect | Players without the <<Survival>> extra skill shall take 30 unmitigable damage every turn while those with the skill take 10.
  • Boss Room Effect | Burn effects never expire. They still may be removed through the use of skills and items.
  • Boss Room Effect  The use of Stealth prohibited.
  • Counter of Fire (Passive) | 10% of all damage taken is returned to the attacker.
  • Fist of the Blazing Devil | On a CD 7-9, Beelzebub's right arm grows to a very large size before he slams it into the target with the most hate. This attack gains 50% Phase.
  • Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.
  • Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Hirru's Stats (After Consumables)

Spoiler

Hirru Lvl 31 (PL 26)
[H:0]<<Hirru>>  HP:806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | Mit: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | PAR: 1 | ENVENOM: 32

806 HP (+100 PL)
110 Energy (+10 PL)
3 Accuracy
1 Evasion
24 Base Damage [28 w/ Charge]
107 Mitigation
30 Thorns
1 Paralysis
32 Envenom 

Equipment

Shelob's Fang ...................... // +1 Accuracy, +1 Paralysis, +32 Envenom
Spirit of the Jade Dragon .......... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Bulwark ............................ // +72 Mitigation
Blades Cloak ....................... // Vanity
Lun'Rael's Insignia ................ // Unique Vanity | 
Dimensional Backpack ............... // +1 B.R.I Slot

Battle Ready Inventory

<Teleportation Crystal> x1 ......... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]
<Betrayal of the Last Knight> ...... // +12 Damage
<Favor of the Golden Dragon> ....... // +3 Luck Die
<Rush Bar> ......................... // +12 EN
<Potion of Moderate Healing> ....... // +10% Health Recovery
<Lemon Berry Palmier> .............. // +3 LD

Skills

Two Handed Straight Sword .......... // Rank 5: +7 DMG (Event Unlocked: New Combat System)
Heavy Armor ........................ // Rank 5: +35 MIT
Search and Detect .................. // Rank 5: +5 LD | +5 Stealth Detect
Charge ............................. // Rank ?: +5 DMG on successful first strike / -1 ACC / -5 EN / 5 turn CD
Energist ........................... // Rank ?: +20 EN
Combat Mastery: Damage ............. // Rank 3: +12 DMG
Lockpicking ........................ // Rank 3: +3 LD on chests

Extra Skills (Max 4)
Martial Arts ....................... // Rank 0: Unlocked Teck-F SA
Concentration ...................... // +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown / -5 EN / 5 turn CD
Survival ........................... // Heal 44 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage
Shatter ............................ // On hit, negate 15 Mit before dmg calc / -5 EN / 2 turn CD  Unlocked Tech-D SA

Skill Mods (Max 5)

Reveal (Add on)..................... // +2 to Labyrinth searches|Post 15 searchs
Dismantling (Add on) ............... // +2 LD on chests
Detect ............................. // +1 to Labyrinth searches| +2 Stealth Detect
Impetus ............................ // +1 Dmg
THSS Ferocity ...................... // +2 Dmg to all THSS Sword Arts (Event Addon)
THSS Stamina ....................... // -2 EN to all THSS Sword Arts (Event Addon)

Event Notes:
Weapon = Straight Sword (2H) 5 ranks
Shift = AOE Specialist (+4 Multiplier & +2 EN for AOE I & AOE II
Addons = Ferocity & Stamina
Collected SA = Tech-D & Tech-F

Edited by Hirru

"Your men aren't faring very well, Captain."  

Standing next to the hulking form of the red-cloaked man was a slimmer, lanky figure whose presence had been easily overshadowed by the larger NPC. This one had a familiar crystal slowly turning over his head, though its normal green hue seemed dulled to a neutral grey. Such were the newly minted quirks of floor fourteen that everything outside of the yellow-to-red range seemed muted to a monochromatic grey tone.  

"Lilith.  Again."  The next comments were unintelligible, but their somber, metallic tone conveyed both a deep-seated hatred and fatigue.  The slaughter going on beyond the palisade had become all too common.  Hefting a large battle axe over his shoulder, the armored figure grimaced and moved forward towards the melee.  He knew that the best outcome he could manage was a draw.

"Say the word, and you'll find me at your side, Harkens.  Just don't get yourself killed for no reason." 

Crimson cloth from his cloak fell to the wayside as the knight dismissed the offer with a casual wave of a steel plated gauntlet.

"This is my fight, but I could use your help dealing with this witch afterwards.  She'll flee the field when I engage, I guarantee it."  True to his word, Captain Harkens charged into the fray.  Despite wielding his axe with great strength and prowess, he struggled to connect with the dark-haired beauty who had just been decimating his guardsmen.  Their banter couldn't be heard over the thrumming roars of nearby volcanoes and the near-constant rumbling of the ground beneath their feet, but their mutual hatred was clear.  The woman appeared to hiss and curse before turning and vanishing in a fancy puff of smoke.  After helping tend to the wounded, the head of the local Red Cloak detachment returned to his vantage upon the wall.

"Lilith tested us again. She's retreated for now, but she will return. She does a damn good job keeping us on the ropes." The captain returned his weapon to his sheath before casting an eye to the remnants of his men. "She managed to get a couple of my men and a few of the local guards. I managed to chase her off, but she is near-immortal without a sanctified weapon." He points towards the distant South. "The only one I know of is within the Ashen Keep. However, I don't have men to spare to retrieve it. Stonewall won't lend me any assistance either." 

"Today may be your lucky day, Harkens.  I know a few friends who are good at stirring up demons, and then putting them down."  Turning to face the new arrival offered him his first proper glance at the shadowy speaker.  Dressed in a tightly bound set of  black traveling leathers, every inch of him was covered save for a pasty white face the hovering at the edge of darkness beneath a charcoal coloured cowl. He had an aura of cold, calculating menace about him that contrasted harshly against the graceful passions of the woman they'd just seen.  His presence was further accentuated by a pair of keen crimson eyes that burned with pragmatic intensity.  Here was a man who took whatever business was set before him with utmost seriousness.

"You'd be willing to delve into an old keep, battle whatever may be inside and claim the weapon? If you are capable of that, you might as well try your luck at killing Lilith then. Careful though, she is a tricky one."

The barest hint of a smirk crossed the smaller man's pale lips, like a whisper on the wind.  Turning to the vague outline of his own shadow on the ground, he spoke a few near-silent instructions.  It took a moment to realize that the silhouette was not bound to its caster's motions.  Things got even weirder as it detached itself completely and fled south with supernatural speed.  By the time Hirru's gaze returned to its master, he had already busied himself perusing various message and inventory windows.  

To: Oscar, ChaseR

Demon-vampire chick on floor 14 needs some serious smiting.  Sounds like something that would be right up both of your respective alleys.  I'll rally us a 4th to round out the group.  Be quick, if you can. 

P.S. Yes, I'm looking at you, Oscar.

"You."  Hirru instantly knew that the words were directed at him, despite the fact that the speaker kept his attention on various open UI panels before him.  "How'd you like to sign up for a quicky-crusade.  It'll be all noble, and stuff, and will likely provide you all sorts of stories to share at the bars.  The ladies will be very impressed, if you survive to tell the tale." 

A party offer appeared before Hirru, identifying the sender as 'Freyd'.  

Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 

Mega Slime Farm Applied to this thread (+10% EXP)

Unlocked Tech SAs:

Spoiler
  • [x12] TECH-D (12 EN) | SHATTER | A single-target sword art that applies [Shatter] to an enemy for 3 turns. [Shatter] is a debuff that can stack up to a cap of 3. Each stack of [Shatter] removes -20 MIT from an enemy, down to 0, if it has MIT. 
    • Unlock Condition: Complete <<The Monkey King>>
  • [x8] TECH-F (8 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.
    • Unlock Condition: Complete <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>
  • [x12] TECH-G (12 EN) | BURN | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Burn] on the enemy. [Burn] is a DoT ailment that deals [14 * Player Tier] unmitigated Burn damage for 2 turns.
    • Unlock Condition: Complete <<Gatekeeper of Fire>>

Consumed:

Spoiler

Crème Brûlée (Snack) | Accuracy 2 [173477-1]
Smores (Snack) | Evasion 2 [173966-1] + Filled
Liquor of Light (Potion) | Damage 3 [178139-1]
Divinity's Wait (Meal)| T4 Mitigation 3 [190697-1]
Max Level Courage (Meal)| Over-Health 3 [170313]
Berry Crumb Bars (Snack) | LOOT DIE 3 [175344-2]
Viperion (Salve) | T3 Toxic Venom [178464]
Snowfrost (T1 Frostbite]: 
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19768-pp-f04-%C2%ABavalanche%C2%BB/?do=findComment&comment=615536

Full Stats:

Spoiler

Freyd,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 61
HP: 900/900 (+135)
EN: 124/124

Stats:
Damage: 23 (+3)
Mitigation: 78 (+60+25)
Accuracy: 6 (+2)
Evasion: 0 (+3)
Battle Healing: 45 (+6)
Loot Dice: 5 (+3)
FLN: 16
HLY: 16
(TXV 24/2)
PARA IMMUNE
(FROSTBITE 10/2)
REC: 8

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T4-WH, HOLY 2, FLN 2)
Armor: Fallen Angel Garb (T4 LA, MIT 2, REC 2)
Misc: The Shadowed Rose (T3-Trinket, ACC 3, Para Imm)

Skills:
War Hammer R5 (+Ferocity +Stamina +Precision +Focus)
Light Armor R5
Searching R5
Battle Healing R5
Charge
Energist
Extended Weight Limit
Charge
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Large Pockets
Meticulous
Resolve

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise (+Shades of the Gemini)
Survival
Meditation
Shatter

Inactive Extra Skills:
Forgotten King’s Authority
Brawler

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals: 15
Gungnir: T3 Perfect HP Rec [Instant]: 15
Mass HP Rec [Instant] (+30*Tier HP): 5
Antidote 3: 5
Golden Key (+2 LD to open chests): 15
Perfect HP Rec (+15% of max hp): 15
Lullaby 2 [Instant]: 1
Rhino's Horn (Free, Instant [after roll], +3 DMG to one hit, -1 EVA for battle): 1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Master Angler: +1 CD/LD for fishing.  +2 Fishing EXP per attempt
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1] APPLIED TO THIS THREAD
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Lucrative: Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 EXP per craft. Rank 9 crafters receive +1 crafting attempt per day. Rank 10 crafters receive +2 crafting attempts per day.
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 MIT for a thread

Wedding Ring: n/a

Chase was going about his business around the house, noticing the message on the corner of his eyes. Opening up his inbox to read it, it's Freyd once more. He understood what he was trying to do and still felt bittersweet about the whole situation, but... free EXP is free EXP. With a huff, he equipped his gear and got moving, ending up on the 14th floor not too long after.

Chase DBP Default Uncertain.png"Didn't have you for a 'chick' kind of guy.", Chase quietly emerged from behind the two, scratching the back of his head. Freyd had never shown interest as far as the bluehead was concerned before, and that especially after the all too corny 'We've driven each other nuts because we're friends' shtick, it felt creepier by the minute. He was actually speaking like a human. He turned to look at Hirru, but with genuinely nothing to say, he remained quiet and almost had a tense stare on his face before looking away again. "... Do you think Cardinal changed the stupid cooldowns because I complained about it?", he asked Freyd in a mixed joking and serious tone, sliding both of his hands in his pockets. The new system was intriguing enough alright, his weapon was now just a 'straight sword', he had shifts to specialize in area of effect or single target, or tech if he felt more gimmicky, and even rounder was an option. One he wouldn't touch, but an option nonetheless.

Spoiler

ChaseR,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 56
HP: 840/840
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 21
Mitigation: 69
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
Battle Healing: 46
Loot Dice: 6
HLY BLS: 18
HLY: 16
PARA
V.D.: 46

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T4/2HSS/Perfect): HOLY II, PARA I
Armor: <<Azure Getup>> (T4/CA/Perfect): VDEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Trinket/Demonic): ACC II, EVA II

Skills:
2HSS R5
Cloth Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Searching R4
Charge
Extended Weight Limit
Fighting Spirit

Active Mods:
Precision
Stamina
Athletics
Nimble
Large Pockets

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Forgotten King’s Authority
Meditation
Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:

Battle Ready Inventory:
Gugnir's Shard (T3/Instant/HP REC III): 15
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery): 1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III): 1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3): 1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

Playtest Stats

Spoiler

Addons in use:

• Stamina: Reduces EN of all attacks by 2.
  • Straight Swords Ferocity: +2 DMG when using the weapon of your choice.
  • Precision: Gain +2 ACC.
  • Focus: Decreases minor critical threshold by 1. Also reduces DoT thresholds by 1.

Combat Shift:

• AoE Specialist
    • +4 to multipliers and +2 to EN cost for; AoE-I, AoE-II.

SA List:

• [x12] ST-I (12 EN) | A single-target sword art.
  • [x15] ST-II (15 EN) | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x20] ST-B (20 EN) | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn rolled a natural CD9+.
  • [x15] AOE-I (13 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x18] AOE-II (16 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x12] TECH-A (13 EN) | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
  • [x12] TECH-B (12 EN) | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a status condition that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

Unlocked Tech SAs:

• [x12] TECH-D (12 EN) | SHATTER | A single-target sword art that applies [Shatter] to an enemy for 3 turns. [Shatter] is a debuff that can stack up to a cap of 3. Each stack of [Shatter] removes -20 MIT from an enemy, down to 0, if it has MIT. 
  • [x8] TECH-F (8 + 2 * targets EN) | AOE STUN | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. All struck targets are stunned for one turn.
  • [x12] TECH-G (12 EN) | BURN | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Burn] on the enemy. [Burn] is a DoT ailment that deals [14 * Player Tier] unmitigated Burn damage for 2 turns.

ChaseR consumes a Rainbow Burger! (OH +126)

ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48

It wasn't long until the hunter was placed into a predicament that, though weird in of itself, would probably prove to be fruitful.  At least, he hoped it would.  He considered testing this new system out outside of this weirdly constructed camp.  What came up was a straight up slaughter, as a female with very pale skin seemed to decimate the Red Cloaks.  He would have joined in, but the larger man, whom seemed to be speaking to a player, charged in.  Not too long after that, the hunter was set aback by the sudden request to join the unknown black haired player.  A party invite was sent to him, but he was still baffled by what happened.  Did this 'Freyd' seriously try buying Hirru's interests with experience and lore?  Because he was all about that lore!

"Well, I don't know about that, but I'll take the stories and the experience any day."

He would call back to Freyd.

While pressing the little blue circle to confirm, he noticed that there was someone else that seemed to join them.  A blue-ish hued could be seen from his hair, reminding the hunter of Calrex, as he didn't see too many players sporting colored hairstyles.  Though, he didn't seem to have much to say to Hirru, it seemed he knew Freyd as he talked a bit about the system change.  He would also check his quest log, to see if the hunter also gained this quest.  The minimap seemed to be pinging something in the distance, so it could be determined that that was their destination.

"Anymore coming or are we ready to set off?"

He asked in earnest, making sure that they were not going to leave someone behind.

"I've never managed to piece together whatever it was that happened to these red cloaks, and decimate this floor.  Whatever it was hit them fast and hard.  Survivors like Harkens still bear the scars."

It was a somber reminder of the ravages inflicted on this floor's previous inhabitants.  Something had ruined their civilization, and Freyd couldn't shake the notion that the woman they had seen was somehow connected to it.  

"I don't suppose that either of you have heard anything more?"  He led them to the ruins of the Ashen Keep, navigating by guidance provided by the Captain.  It wasn't that hard.  While ruins were abundant in this wasteland, few of them were more than jutting bits of stone and metal.  Most of the latter usually belonged to the fallen, in the form of rusted and ruined armor and weapons.  You had to be careful not to accidentally spear your own foot just by taking a random, careless step. 

Having found the keep, they founds its gates blocked by the remnants of barricades that failed to hold.  Something huge once smashed its way through the front door. 

"How many red cloaks fell in the path of whatever it was that broke through those defenses?"  Freyd wondered aloud.  "Here, we should be able to gain entry from below.  Tossing a glowstone down confirmed that there were no immediate threats.  Within a few minutes, they had wormed their way inside the keep.  The smell of ancient death mixed with stale air and industrial lubricants wafted silently within the walls.  

"It feels more like a hangar or workshop than I would have expected. Who were these people?"  Giant tarps covered several large figures within.  Pulling one down revealed some sort of mechanical warrior.  It was in bad shape.  Freyd's eyes flitted to motion in the shadows.  Weapon instantly in hand, he charged the moment he saw the shambling undead forms emerging from the shadows, expecting the clash of steel on steel to serve as warning enough for his companions.

Spoiler

Post Action | AOE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN +2/hit, +2 Shift): 19 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 16 EN.  
Free Action | None

ID #195851 | BD: 2+8=10 (hit).  DMG (15*26=390)
ID #195852 | BD: 8+8=16 (hit, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*42=630)
ID #195853 | BD: 7+8=16 (hit, Fallen +16).  DMG (15*42=630)

Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 108/124 (124-16) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | PAR: 1 | ENVENOM: 32

[H: 1,0,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #1 | HP: 310/700 | DMG: 125 (700-390)
[H: 1,0,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #2 | HP: 70/700 | DMG: 125 (700-630)
[H: 1,0,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #3 | HP: 70/700 | DMG: 125 (700-630)

Abilities:

Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
Activate! | When this mob doesn't have at least 5 hate on any player, it spends its post action to decrease the activation for the Ancient Mechanical Construct by 5.

And of course, Freyd didn't answer to either of them. With a deep sigh, Chase just looked at Hiru and gave him a shrug. "He sometimes does this. It's not personal.", he groaned before looking back on the path they were following, letting the rogue follow. Probably not the best choice he'd made considering who he trusted most and who he didn't- in this case Hirru-, but hey, who was he to speak otherwise.

Chase DBP Default.pngBefore long, they were all inside, having gotten all the way down to the cellar and quietly looking about. That lasted about a few seconds before the monsters started to crawl in, or just got angry enough with the group, and they decided to attack. Freyd managed to deal a hefty hit to two of the three, leaving the rest with just enough health for the bluehead to take down. And with a swift strike, he did. One that felt much more comfortable now that there were no cooldowns. The knowledge Chase could unleash these attacks one after the other reassured him honestly, unlike whatever Cardinal was trying out beforehand.

He looked over his shoulder as the three undead creatures shattered into blue shards, turning back to where they came from and seeing something glimmer from further on inside. "Hero, you go.", he called out to the new companion with the mispronounced name, giving a small smile and waving his head towards it. At this point, he was being this friendly mostly because he didn't want another clash like that with Freyd's. And he didn't want to give reasons for conflict in a place so disgusting, vile and filthy. He honestly wanted out as soon as they could, the place just seemed too... gothic? Emo? What was the word he was looking for? "... Do you two know each other?"

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses AoE-I on Red Cloaked Revenants #1, #2 & #3! (BD: 9, 6+4=10, 5+4=9)
(21 +1 + 16) * 15 = 38 * 15 = 570 + PARALYZE [1]
21 * 15 = 315 [2]
21 * 15 = 315 [3]

Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 108/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 83/102 (-19) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | PAR: 1 | ENVENOM: 32

[H: 1,3,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #1 | HP: 0/700 (-570) | DMG: 125 
[H: 1,2,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #2 | HP: 0/700 (-315) | DMG: 125 
[H: 1,2,0] Red Cloaked Revenant #3 | HP: 0/700 (-315) | DMG: 125

Abilities:

Undead | Weapons with the Holy enhancement deal double damage against this mob, when the enhancement activates. Vampiric (Offensive and Defensive) enhancements will not trigger when in combat against this mob. 
Activate! | When this mob doesn't have at least 5 hate on any player, it spends its post action to decrease the activation for the Ancient Mechanical Construct by 5.

Although he was ignored by Freyd, it seemed the blue haired one was slightly more talkative, at least.  Looking upon his party listing, it seemed this player was called ChaseR. 

"Glad to know."

Walking through the grey toned ruins was starting to become a strain to his eyes.  Most was grey, but every so often a red or orange hued object would just pop out of the background, and your attention was easily pointed towards it.  Hirru was starting to notice that between the two others in this party, Freyd and ChaseR, he was about the only one that really stood out with his armor and cloak glowing red.  It kind of made him self conscious of himself.  Thankfully, he didn't have the taunting abilities or he would have much more to deal with.  Of course, they would find their way to their destination and searched inside.

Soon after they entered a specific area, there were suddenly multiple pings coming off of Hirru's detect.  He was about to say something before the duo of Freyd and ChaseR destroyed the three Red Cloak Revenants.  It was such a blinding speed that Hirru didn't know what happened.  He had only ever seen reaction speeds like that from Cal and Baldur.  Soon after he was told to go check on it, but they seemed to say his name wrong.  He shrugged, as it wasn't much, he had heard a few people do the same, but he corrected them after a while.

"Okay, I'll check it out."

He entered a small corridor through which he saw the faint light of the object in question.  A rather unusual blade seemed to be set in front of him, upon an odd looking pedestal.  Was this the 'sanctified sword' that was described before?  Seeing that this was probably something that could be better used by one of the other two better than him, he would grab the weapon by the hilt and pull it out of its resting place.  As soon as he did, the sword flashed a bright light before elongating into a two handed straight sword, it glowed light with a low flame licking the edges.  The info for it seemed to give more thought than anything.  He remembered the runes for Holy and would find the Burn rune for the first time, but the last one was weird.  'Blessed' was not a rune that that he had seen nor heard of.  He didn't know what any of that meant, but would take the sword over to the other two.

"Uh.. Have you guys taken this quest before?  Would this sword be better for any of you?"

These guys were much more powerful than he was, so it was only right that they would use something this powerful.  He wondered if they were part of the 25th floor boss raid, as they seemed way too strong to not be helping us break through this world's illusion.

Obtained Sanctified Sword [Straight Sword] T4? Holy 16 | Burn 56/2 | Blessed (Weapon transforms into the weapon type of the user's choice and becomes the Tier of the weapon's carrier. This weapon is destroyed at the end of the thread)

"Yes, I suppose I am like that sometimes.  Apologies.  I was pre-occupied.  The mysteries of this floor have long been of interest.  And yes, I have an appreciation for the ladies, or at least one in particular."  He let the words hang, choosing not to elaborate.  His novel feelings were all still jumbled about it, and he had no desire to embarrass himself on such an unfamiliar topic as affection. 

"If you managed to get them to purge the cooldowns, could you also have Cardinal turn off the orange icon and player killing functions?  I'm sure that Mari would appreciate it."  Not long ago, there might had been a barb buried in those words, but Freyd was genuine in his effort to bury past conflicts between ChaseR and himself.  It was fruitless and wasteful, two things for which the Whisper had little time.  Watching as Hirru returned, he noted the new weapon in his hands.  

"Ah, so that's why Harkens sent us here.  Makes sense.  You might as well be the one to wield it, Hirru.  ChaseR and I both already carry holy weapons.  And 'no', Hirru and I had not met before this quest began," he stated in reply to ChaseR's earlier query.  "I also think that this is new content.  You and I had cleared most of the known quests before the update, right ChaseR?"  A nod acknowledged their common accomplishment.  "If neither one of us has seen it before, then it stands to reason that this is the case."

"It also stands to reason that this enhancement will be helpful against the pale woman who assaulted the red cloaks earlier today."  Scrutinizing the blade from beneath his cowl, Freyd's professional interest was piqued.  "It's a potent weapon.  I've not seen many that could match it.  Strangely, I still miss wielding those types of blades, but things change."  A quest pop-up distracted him from their conversation. 

"Razrak?  Never heard of it.  But that's apparently our next destination.  It's somewhere to the north."  A quick glance at their surroundings confirmed that there was little else of interest, and no potential for other salvage.

"Shall we?"

The cynic in Chase wanted to mock Freyd for his sophisticated choice of words and how formal he was beginning to sound, but that feeling got stronger when the comment about Mari was made. For someone that wanted to mend things between the two, that sure felt like a gut punch. He was quiet and gave very short answers, his smile having faded and the forcefully happy tone done the same. "Cleared every quest except for Redemption. This wasn't here."

Chase DBP Silent.pngHe turned to Hirru and gave a small nod, as if telling him to use the sword they'd just obtained. "All yours.", he promptly spoke and started heading out of the cellar and towards the castle. He checked to make sure that the two were following along just fine, remaining quiet throughout the trek. The closer they got to the castle, the more in tact it appeared compared to the rest of the buildings on the floor. Whatever had happened here left it untouched, or at least for the most part still in one piece. That or someone's construction team decided leaving this in ruins was too much of a shame.

Chase could hear someone further ahead of the group, waiting to welcome them probably. He unsheathed his broken sword from his hip, silently looking at the other two as if telling them to do the same and prepare for another bout, probably against stronger enemies this time around. "Here it comes."

Hirru was kind of relieved to finally get both of them talking to him, not in his general direction.  If only for a little bit.  ChaseR didn't seem to be the talkative one of the two, while Freyd seemed to really talk your ear off.  Reminded him of Shield and Beat, except more linguistic and fast.  Of course, they did say that they completed every quest before the update took place.  No wonder they were so strong.

"Your teamwork makes me feel ashamed for my training.  You guys must have pushed yourselves hard."

He would say before looking over to Freyd.

"Also, sorry for ignoring you earlier while we were heading here.  I used to question the state of the floors and wonder what and how things worked too.  Though, I feel I don't need to figure that out, anymore."

He stopped himself from saying any more.  If these guys were part of the new Frontline, they would know in time why he didn't see the world the same as he used to.  For now, they were adventurers on a quest.  Taking the moment to gather both of their approvals, Hirru would nod.

"Okay, I will make good use of it."

He said while replacing his primary weapon, Shelob's Fang, and switching it with the Sanctified Sword.  The sword and scabbard on his belt disappeared to be replaced with a newer scabbard of red and some metallic ornate pieces that were unfortunately grayed out.  Of course, that meant that he was now more red.

Following alongside the both of them, he would see the castle in the distance getting closer and closer until they were approaching the main gates.  ChaseR then told them to get down.  It seemed there were creatures close by.  Hirru nodded while pulling out the Sanctified Sword.

Swapping equipment Shelob's Fang -> Sanctified Sword

Stat Change

Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Rushing through the inexplicably empty halls of Razsak castle, Freyd walked ahead of the others.  Sparing a moment, he turned and looked at ChaseR, offering him a set of downcast eyes and nod, by way of apology.  Feelings were rarely high on his list of considerations, but he was trying.  That had been the entire point of reaching out to his blue counterpart in the first place.  

"Call it a work in progress," he added, honestly sounding regretful.  "I didn't mean anything critical by it."

Turning to Hirru, he acknowledged the compliment.

"ChaseR and I have been grinding our way through content for some time, and both made our way to the front lines at the same blitz-like pace.  But we're both also perfectly willing and ready to help others do the same.  When you need us, just call."  Red eyes locked with blue.  "We've always been on the same page, on that count."

"So you've come." Lilith stated as they rounded a corner into her throne room, a sadistic smile spreading across her face, revealing a pair of elongated fangs. "At least that's what I'd like to say. The problem is, I don't quite know who you are, though you seem familiar with me. I can feel the power of the weapons you are carrying. It has been some time since I've actually been threatened by their like."

"We'll pick this up again in a minute," he offered to his companions, then turned and rushed at the vampiric chick before she tried monologuing them to death. Another figure entered from the far side of the room, but seemed content to watch the battle play out.  Lilith's eyes lit up with a degree of alarm at his arrival.

Spoiler

Freyd regains 4 EN.
CD 2 (no REC proc)

Post Action | AOE-I (x15 AoE, 11 EN +2/hit, +2 Shift): 19 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 16 EN.  Charge (CD 0/3) (8 EN)
Free Action | None

ID #196161 | BD: 3+8-1=10 (hit, Charge +5).  DMG (15*31=465-25=440)
ID #196162 | BD: 6+8-1=13 (hit, Charge +5, Fallen +16)  DMG (15*47=705-25=680)
ID #196163 | BD: 5+8-1-3=9 (hit, Charge +5). DMG (15*31=465-50=415)

Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 92/124 (112+4-16-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 83/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

[H:1,0,0] Vampire Spawn #1 | HP: 60/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (500-440)
[H:1,0,0] Vampire Spawn #2 | HP: 0/500 | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10) (500-680)
[H:1,0,0] Lillith | HP: 1085/1500 | DMG: 150 (+25) | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10) (1500-415)
This quest mob uses its own BD roll when attacking.

Vampire | Suffers double damage from Burn, Flame Aura and Flame Thorns. Restores own health by 25% of final damage dealt to opponent, or 50% against targets suffering from Bleed.
Soothing Song | On a CD 7-12, Lilith will hum a soothing tune, decreasing all opponents Accuracy by 1, and reducing the Hate of her current target by 2.
Blood Fallen | Damage Increases by 25 for each ally or enemy defeated during battle.
Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 
Vampire Spawn | Lilith always begins combat with two <<Vampire Spawn>> in tow.

Although surprised at the apologetic look, Chase flinched a bit and looked away before he gave a short nod. "Right.". By now they were already in the throne room, and Lillith was waiting them, ready to fight. The bluehead hadn't seen her up to now but that was alright- she had a red crystal over her head, and a health bar. That's all he had to know.

Chase DBP Glare (Old).pngFreyd gave her and her spawns a strong hit, wiping one out. Chase followed right up, running right at them and slashing all the same, the blue glow of his sword art fading as the other spawn shattered. Lillith hadn't taken too kindly to him though. She began practically dancing with the boy, trying whatever she could to hit him. And without even noticing, he was hit two or three times, as a red effect left Chase and went right to the vampire. He made his way back to the group, seeing himself bleeding and the monster's HP slowly trickling back up. "She's faster than it seems. Hiro, can you take her down?"

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses AoE-I on Vampire Spawn #1 & Lillith! (BD: 7+4=10, 8)
21 * 15 - 25 = 315 - 25 = 290 [Vampire Spawn #1]
(21 + 1) * 15 - 25 = 22 * 15 - 25 = 330 - 25 = 305 [Lillith]

Lillith attacks ChaseR! (MD: 8+2-3=7)
150 + 50 - 69 = 131

Lillith's Vampire skill activates!
131 * 0.5 = 66

Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 92/124 (112+4-16-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 835/966 (-131) | EN: 70/102 (+4, -17) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 | BLEED [48] (0/3)
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:110/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

[H:1,2,0] Vampire Spawn #1 | HP: 0/500 (-290) | DMG: 125 | MIT: 25 | ACC: 2 | Bleed 48 (2 turns, on MD 9-10)
[H:1,3,0] Lillith | HP: 846/1500 (-305, +66) | DMG: 150 (+50) | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10)
* This quest mob uses its own BD roll when attacking.

• Vampire | Suffers double damage from Burn, Flame Aura and Flame Thorns. Restores own health by 25% of final damage dealt to opponent, or 50% against targets suffering from Bleed.
  • Soothing Song | On a CD 7-12, Lilith will hum a soothing tune, decreasing all opponents Accuracy by 1, and reducing the Hate of her current target by 2.
  • Blood Fallen | Damage Increases by 25 for each ally or enemy defeated during battle.
  • Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 
  • Vampire Spawn | Lilith always begins combat with two <<Vampire Spawn>> in tow.

"I'll do what I can!  No promises!"

Hirru knew he wasn't as fast as the other two, but he could still pull his own when needed.  Although, he had put himself at heavy disadvantage by switching weapons.  Since Fang had his last point of Accuracy, his aim would be hindered slightly.  He didn't want to charge in, as that has failed him more times in the past.  The both of them seemed to be getting heavy damage out, but what could the hunter do. 

Taking a longer path around, the hunter tried to catch her from behind and deal a hit, but the art didn't go off.  He swung hard downwards, but Lilith was much faster than he thought.  It seemed like she was toying with him.  Knowing that this one was the weakest of the group.

Hirru couldn't make sense of what happened. It was as if he didn't have his old arts anymore.  Was this something that this floor also did?  No, he remembered that the update changed his Sword Arts.  He had to relearn them again.

Spoiler

[ID:196254 ] [BD:2 +2+1-3] Concentration -5 en Miss -2 en

Freyd HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 92/124 (112+4-16-8) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 835/966 | EN: 70/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 | BLEED [48] (0/3)
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:103/110 (-7) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

[H:1,3,0] Lillith | HP: 846/1500 | DMG: 150 (+50) | MIT: 50 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10)

• Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 

Edited by Hirru

Lilith's laugh lilted across the barren throne room, thinking herself above and beyond the players in much the same way as she had considered herself to Harkens' red cloaks.  

Checkmate.

Freyd had read her pattern.  ChaseR had forced her to expose a weakness and Hirru had maneuvered her recklessly backwards to stand near the throne on the stone dais at the far end of the chamber.  Giving the mental command, he triggered the proc in his weapon that would weaken her defenses in the case of a solid hit.  All he needed was reach and opportunity, and she'd just inadvertently granted him both.  Montjoy - Freyd's shadow - split without warning, multiplying and scattering copies of himself across the chamber in seemingly random direction.  One was fully deliberate in its placement, though the mob could not have known it.  Stepping sideways, almost in a lunge, Freyd stepped in the black silhouette cast upon the adjacent wall by Montjoy proper.  He emerged to deliver his blow from the copy lingering behind the throne.

Lilith's laugh turned into a cry of surprise that drifted towards fury before Samael's Pride melted through her core with a blazing flare of light that caught everyone off guard, including Freyd.  In a single blow, she was gone.  Even the new arrival on the sidelines, this figure with the funky suit and tail, seemed taken by the raw display of power.

"So, what's your deal, chuckles?"  Freyd asked of the observer, after taking in the magnitude of what had just occurred.  "You look like you're supposed to be the man in charge."

Spoiler

Freyd regains 4 EN.
CD 9 (+8 EN from REC proc)
Charge (CD 1/3) 

Post Action | AOE-II (x18 AoE, 11 EN +2/hit, +2 Shift): 19 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 16 EN. 
Free Action | Shatter (CD 0/2) (5 EN)

ID #196252| BD: 10 (Crit +2, Holy +16, x2 Undead).  DMG (18*44=792*2=1584-35=1549) Frostbite and TXV proc

Freyd HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 83/124 (92+4+8-16-5) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
ChaseR: HP: 835/966 | EN: 70/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 | BLEED [48] (0/3)
Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:103/110 (-7) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

[H:3,3,0] Lillith | HP: 846/1500 | DMG: 150 (+50) | MIT: 50 (-15, 1/3) | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3 | Bleed: 48 (3 Turns on BD 8-10) (846-1549-40-24)

• Blood Spear | After afflicting a player with Bleed three times, creates a spear entirely from the red shards she collects. Her next attack she hurls this into the target, gaining full phase and healing herself an amount equal to the final damage dealt. 

The observer let out a sigh and clapped almost bored, the 'excitement' from his face wiping almost immediately as he looked between the three. "Excellent, you managed to defeat my servant. I bet you're feeling quite excited now, aren't you? You beat the final boss, hooray."his sarcastic demeanor spoke for itself. Noone needed a gigantic brain to figure out he, probably, was the final boss.

Chase DBP Default Uncertain.pngAnd then came the health bars, swinging as soon as they appeared. A massive tag above the boss and its name read much longer than whatever Shadow's name was. "... Yay, the final boss showed up.", he sighed and raised his sword, glaring at "Beezelbulb..." or whatever his name was. The boss seemed hesitant to attack first, that or he was waiting for the players to make their move first. "He won't attack if we don't attack, so whenever you feel ready.""Feeling a bit shy, are we? I'm even giving you the room to run or fight. Which will it be? Staredown to the end of forever, or you'll run with your tails between your legs?"

Spoiler

[0] Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 83/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
[0] ChaseR: HP: 835/966 | EN: 74/102 (+4) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 | BLEED [48] (0/3)
[0] Hirru | HP: 806/806 | EN:103/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 2500/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10)

• Boss Room Effect | Players without the <<Survival>> extra skill shall take 30 unmitigable damage every turn while those with the skill take 10.
  • Boss Room Effect | Burn effects never expire. They still may be removed through the use of skills and items.
  • Counter of Fire (Passive) | 10% of all damage taken is returned to the attacker.
  • Fist of the Blazing Devil | On a CD 7-9, Beelzebub's right arm grows to a very large size before he slams it into the target with the most hate. This attack gains 50% Phase.
  • Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.
  • Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Was that boss really that weak?  Lilith seemed to be chucked for health from each of their attacks, but Freyds last seemed 'inhuman'.  Did Holy really have as much effect on her as it should have?  Regardless of Hirru's thoughts, the big bad evil was no more, and he would be having a moment more to settle down.  That was the plan, but there was something that had better plans.

Hirru heard it speak before Detect seemed to ping it.  Although he wasn't really hiding, the guy seemed to only just appear for the hunter, as if all his searchs skills were voided out.  Who was this guy?  The answer would come swiftly after.

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame

A number of health bars followed underneath the title, giving Hirru a cold feeling.  Quest bosses didn't receive multiple health bars.  Was this something new due to the last couple updates?  This was his first quest for this new event.  Otherwise, the only ones that should have multiple health bars were... floor bosses.

They were ill prepared to fight a behemoth like that, but if it was just part of the quest, then it shouldn't be that bad.  Freyd and ChaseR could hold their own in DPS, and Hirru couldn't see any other way.

"We'll fight!"

"Your funeral."

The demon lord said before grinning slyly.  He then eyed them all.  He scoffed before snapping his fingers.  A low flame would appear upon everyone, releasing the stress of the fights before.

"I'd prefer a workout, not a warmup so hurry, if you will."

Leaving that as his explaination, the demon awaited the parties first strike.  Hirru would gladly oblige, attacking with the glowing sword.  It was a good hit, but the damage seemed like only a chunk of what it should be.

Spoiler

[ID: 196399] [BD: 9] Crit +1 = (24+1+16)×15 =615 Holy Dmg + 56 Burn 

[0] Freyd | HP: 1035/1035 | EN: 124/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
[0] ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 |
[2] Hirru | HP: 729/806 (-77) | EN:98/110 (-12)| DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 1829/2500 (-671)| DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10) [Burned -56 hp]

• Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Edited by Hirru

*BAM!*

Beelzebub's feet cleared four feet from the ground before he seemed to disappear and a giant impact crater manifested on the far wall of the chamber.  Dust and bits of shattered masonry spewed in every direction, and the devil's tail was smooshed behind him in an awkward and uncomfortable looking manner.  

"Wish granted, asshole."  Freyd, fresh off the buzz of having taken Lilith down, had sidestepped into the darkness of the same passageway from which the boss had entered and taken a cheap shot.  

"What?" He asked, looking back at ChaseR and Hirru.  "Dude asked for a workout!"  He snapped his fingers and an inky black ooze spangled with star-like constellations fell from his jacket.

"Persi.  Go play."

Taking shape as a small four-legged mongoose of celestial shadow, his familiar's azure eyes burnt bright and gleeful.  In an instant, she was gone and across the chamber, adding to the growing debris field and refreshing the dust cloud amidst demonic cries of "GAH!  GET IT OFF!  NOT THE FACE!!!"

Spoiler

Freyd regains 4 EN.
CD 2 (No REC proc)
Charge (CD 2/3) 
Shatter (CD 1/2)

Post Action | ST-B (x20, 20 EN): 20 EN - (Rested 1/2; Stamina) = 17 EN.   (CD 9 on previous turn ID #196252)
Free Action | Grappling Familiar (CD 0/5)

ID #196400 | BD: 5+8-3=10 (hit).  DMG (26*20=520)

Freyd takes 62 burn damage (10 from room [Survival] and 52 from Counter of Fire)

[1] Freyd | HP: 973/1035 | EN: 70/124 (83+4-17) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
[0] ChaseR: HP: 966/966 | EN: 74/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 |
[2] Hirru | HP: 729/806 | EN: 91/110  DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

(Note: Player EN pools would not have refreshed since the fight with Lilith.  EN adjusted accordingly from previous post.)

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 1309/2500 (1829-520) | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 (0) | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10) [Burned -56 hpSTUNNED (GRAPPLING IMM 0/3)

• Restorative Strike | Whenever any player suffers Burn damage from Beelzebub's attacks and abilities, Beelzebub regains an equal number of HP.

Chase quietly watched the farce or whatever it was playing out before them, and within the first turn the boss almost had its health bar cut to half (the first one at least), as well as had gotten stunned and the other two were on their way to kicking its ass back into Cardinal's storage. Great.

Chase DBP Eyebrow.pngEven though his attack wasn't with a great form, he let out a low sigh and slashed forwards at the immobilized boss, almost missing him. He would have if it wasn't fighting with a (probably) rabid mongoose, truthfully. But the damage had been dealt and it was only then that the boss decided it had enough. It got engulfed in flames, warding the pest off and glaring at the group. "You insolent fools, you believe what you've managed to do to me is 'progress'?! I'll show you progress, observe!". Normally, an attack would follow after such a powerful statement, but it stood there, only making flames light up around them inside the room. But nothing else really happened, at least not yet. Maybe someone in the back had been attacked? No, not quite. "... I think he broke."

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses AoE-I! (BD: 2+4=6)
21 * 15 = 315

Beelzebub is stunned! (MD: -)

[1] Freyd | HP: 973/1035 | EN: 70/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
[2] ChaseR: HP: 925/966 (-41) | EN: 74/102 (+4, -15) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 |
[2] Hirru | HP: 729/806 | EN: 91/110  DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 1309/2500 (-315) | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10) | (GRAPPLING IMM 1/3) | BURN [56]

"I'm not saying keep it up, but.."

Keeping in line with how the other two players have been, they all had brought the demon lord, Beelzebub, down quite a bit.  It seemed likely that they would be able to beat it within one or two more rotations of attacks.  Freyd seemed to have the good idea of things.  If Hirru could stun Beelzebub, then the other two could rain down he'll upon him.  They had the stronger attacks and higher accuracy.  

"..let's keep breaking him."

The hunter knew he was at a disadvantage, but he would try all the same.  His luck was spent on that last hit, so now he had to work with his eyes and force his body to submit to a new sword art.  However, it still didn't seem like it worked.  He could imitate another, like ChaseR, by watching them but he couldn't envision anything new.  It seemed like he couldn't come up with anything new at all, as if his creativity and adaptability were being suppress.

A small flicker of Flame seemed to harm Beelzebub, which in turn harmed Hirru too.  Including the heat, he was getting battered.

Spoiler

[ID: 196532][BD:2 -1] Miss -2 en

[1] Freyd | HP: 973/1035 | EN: 70/124 | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 51 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 
[2] ChaseR: HP: 925/966 | EN: 74/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 |
[2] Hirru | HP: 713/806 (-16) | EN: 93/110 (+4, -2) | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 1253/2500 (-56) | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10) | (GRAPPLING IMM 1/3) | BURN [56]

• Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.

Edited by Hirru

"Sounds like a plan, Hirru.  Keep up the pressure!" 

Passing behind his red-clad companion, Freyd dove through his shadow and reappeared behind the boss while halfway through his swing.  The force of the impact sent the supposedly suave figure flying, even as he struggled to peel the shadowy familiar from his face.  Bowling unceremoniously into Lilith's throne, Beelzebub roared with rage.  His face was badly mauled, every inch of it laced with nasty cuts and scratches.  It looked like he'd picked a fight with an infernal alley cat and lost.

"HOW DARE YOU-"

*CLANG!*

While the boss was airborne, Freyd had taken the opportunity to dissolve the iron chain tethering the chandelier above to the wall.  The whole thing came crashing down on Beelzebub's heading, crowning him with ignominious glory.

"Seems like poor placement, unless your planning to wipe out your monarch, but I'll take it."  A self-satisfied grin could be seen peering from beneath his cowl.

When the archdemon finally rose, he had a nasty series of bumps and bruises on his battered noggin and struggled to maintain his balance.  As fierce and confident as he'd been when the battle began, he now looked to be any but.

Spoiler

Freyd regains 4 EN.
CD 1 (No REC proc)
Freyd heals 57 HP from BH
Charge (CD 3/3) 
Shatter (CD 2/2)

Grappling Familiar (CD 1/5)

Post Action | TECH-A (x12, 13 EN): 13 EN - (Rested 2/2; Stamina) = 10 EN.  
Free Action | Shades of the Gemini (CD 0/2) ANTIDOTE +1 (1/3)

ID #196536 | BD: 9 (Crit +1, Holy +16).  DMG (12*43=516)  TXV applied.  Frostbite applied.  Stun applied.

Freyd takes 61 burn damage (10 from room [Survival] and 51 from Counter of Fire)

[3] Freyd | HP: 969/1035 (973+57-61) | EN: 64/124 (70+4-10) | DMG: 26 | MIT: 163 | ACC: 8 | EVA: 3 | BH: 57 | LD: 8 | FLN: 16 | HLY: 16 | TXV 24/3 | PARA IMMUNE | FROSTBITE 10/2 | REC: 8 | DOTE: 1
[2] ChaseR: HP: 925/966 | EN: 74/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 4 | BH: 48 | LD: 6 | HLY BLS: 18 | HLY: 16 | PARA: 1 | V.D.: 48 |
[2] Hirru | HP: 723/806 | EN: 93/110 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 107 | TRN: 30 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 | HLY: 16 | BRN: 56/2

Beelzebub, Bringer of Flame: HP: 793/2500 | DMG: 225 | ACC: 4 (-1, 0/2) | EVA: 3 (0) | BURN: 25 (2 turns on BD 9-10) | (GRAPPLING IMM 1/3) | (STUN IMM 0/3) | TXV 24 (0/3) | Frostbite 40 (0/2) | BURN [56]  (1309-516)

• Hellfire Blaze | On a natural BD 10 and CD 10-12, fires a fire blast into the vicinity of the opponents which will engulf the area in fiery inferno. Attack becomes AoE and Inflicts Burn on all opponents.