[PP - F1] Strange Encounter

It was a beautiful day when Kura found himself outside of another's player house, ready to knock on the door. The only experience he had entering another person's property was Blueberry's, and even that was more of a workshop than a home. But that didn't matter, his curiosity had already been peaked.

For a little context, this started when Kura saw something, or rather someone, strange. While Kura wasn't the most perceptive of individuals, he remembered all of the NPC's faces by heart in the "Town of Beginnings" from how long he's lived here for. So when he ran into a certain blonde NPC while taking a morning stroll, he was a little surprised to see a new face, but he didn't think too much about it. Until she casually entered what seemed to be a player's home. 

He was certain that this area was someone's estate, but if so, it wouldn't make any sense for a random NPC to be able to just waltz inside. So now he was thinking that maybe this was a location for a quest, maybe a haunted house and the girl was a spirit or something. 

Idly, Kura thought he probably shouldn't be unarmed while going what he thinks is some sort of quest site, but his hand was already filled with his coffee cup. And strangely enough the risk of death was worth it to Kura if it meant that he could sip on his drink a little longer. With these thoughts in mind, Kura knocked on the door with his empty hand.

"Hello?"

(Stats)

Spoiler

Kura | Lv. 7 | HP: 140/140 | EN: 32/232 

Equipped Items:

• N/A

Skills:

• | “War Hammer“ | Rank 3 | Weapon Skill | Passive | 

Consumed Items:

• N/A

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• | 3x “Starter Healing Potions” | Potion | - | Heals 50 HP |
  • | 1x "Teleport Crystal | Crystal | Use a post action to activate a teleport crystal. Teleports the player to the town or designated teleportation area they specify.
  • | 1x "Coffee" | Potion | Consumable | Tier 1 | Perfect | HP Recovery/HP Recovery/HP Recovery|

It was a beautiful DAY that NIGHT woke up to again.

No, she would never admit it. No, she didn't let herself linger the moment she cracked open her eyes.

The bed she slipped out of was warm, player not even giving that silent NPC a glance; if she'd stayed for too long, found her gaze lingering, that foul beast would awaken. There was already a sun out for the morning, NIGHT didn't need another star so soon in her schedule.

A quick wash in the bathroom. Hasty paces downstairs. The woman had a towel in her hands as she dried them off, finding herself still groggy from the sudden rise. It had been wakings as such that she'd often found herself tired and unresponsive from, and the player was still fighting the urge to crumple onto a seat at the table and doze off. Beds were made for that occasion. Hers was just... taken. Untactfully.

Her fault. NIGHT cursed herself in her half-asleep daze.

A knock on her door came as a spiraling stir to her consciousness. And though it was unusual -- NIGHT didn't make contact with any player who wouldn't send her a message before stopping over, it was courtesy after all -- it hadn't registered to her how strange the anomaly was when she'd heard a familiar voice pipe up from outside her door.

Familiar, how? She struggled to think of answers as she stepped over to her home's entrance, tossing that towel onto the dining table, the back of her wrist still rubbing at her eye. With one careful pull she cracked open the door, half-lidded, looking over to the man who seemed just as generic and just as familiar to the voice she was trying to pin down.

Why?

Hello, he had asked.

With general apathy, her query back was slurred. "What'dyou want?"

8hmll5P.png
| NIGHT
 | Status: [comfy. warm. soft.]

Spoiler

NIGHT HP: 840/840 | EN: 122/122 | DMG: 23 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 44 | LM: 2 | HLY: 8 | PHASE | LD: 5 | BH: 25 | Stealth Rating: 5

equipment

• Orgoth's Legacy
    ACC, PHASE, HOLY (8)
  • Tracksuit of Unfathomable Fashionability
    MIT (24), LM II
  • Silver Crescent Necklace
    ACC II, EVA II

battle-ready inventory

• - - -
  • - - -
  • - - -

skills

Spoiler

mod count: 7/7

• 2HSS | RANK 5/5
    • ferocity, stamina
  • CLOTH ARMOR | RANK 5/5
    • athletics, nimble
  • COMBAT MASTERY: DMG | RANK 3/3
  • SEARCHING | RANK 3+1/5
    • tracking
  • BATTLE HEALING | RANK 3/5
  • EXTENDED MOD LIMIT
  • ENERGIST
  • FAMILIAR: PROFESSION

extra

1. SURVIVAL
  2. CONCENTRATION
  3. HIDING
    • blindside, vanish, surprise attack-t
  4. [CS] METAMORPHOSES

consumed buffs

Spoiler

statue

• BIALAS | +TAUNT
  • MOTHRA | +1 EN Recovery
  • TANOS | +25 MIT
  • MORETSUNA | +50 HP
  • OROCHI | +1 LD
  • KUMATETSU | +1 DMG

consumables

1. - - -
  2. - - -

misc buffs

Spoiler

housing

• Dimensional Backpack, Item Stash
    | +2 Battle-Ready Inventory Slots.
  • Well Rested
    | -1 EN for the first three expenditures of each combat. 
  • Relaxed
    | +(5 * Tier) HP per out-of-combat post. Full energy restoration occurs after two turns out of combat.
  • Squeaky Clean
    | -25% DoT damage taken from the first DoT applied to this player in a thread.
  • Skylight: Searching
    | +1 Expertise to declared utility skill. Cooldown of 30 days to reassign.
  • Multipurpose
    | +1 LD/Prosperity/Stealth/Detection to one post per thread. Can be applied after a roll.
  • Filling
    | +1 T1 slot to a food consumed by this player in a thread. Can exceed Cook enhancement caps.
  • Col Deposit
    | +5% col from loot-minimum mobs, +10% col from treasure chests.

paragon

• Lv. 5 | Gain additional col equivalent to 10% of EXP earned in that thread.
  • Lv. 10 | +3% EXP Gain.

gathering

• Greenhouse
    | +2 G.EXP, +1 CD&LD to gathering attempts.
  • Familiar: Profession
    | +2 G.EXP
  • Demeter's Cornucopia
    | +1 CD to gathering attempts. 

Kura was once more thrown for a loop once more, as instead of that blonde NPC that Kura expected to pop out, it was the owner of that artisan store that he visited a few weeks ago. A few crackpot theories went through his head, such as this quest being based around recently dead players and you needing to put them to rest. 

Judging from her slurred speech however, Kura reckoned that he himself was the only thing keeping her from going back to sleep. He pushed those thoughts aside though, Kura knew that he wasn't much of a thinker, and the answer to his questions is already in front of him. There was no point in overthinking it before he had any information.

When NIGHT posed her question, Kura surprisingly was able to comprehend her words through the mumbling tone. Deciding to skip pleasantries from how tired they seemed, Kura instantly replied.

"I'm looking for what I think is a quest NPC. She was blonde if I recall correctly."

After that was said and done, Kura sipped on his beverage once more, enjoying the sun at his back. To most, the act randomly knocking on someone else's door was strange but Kura didn't particular care. So long as he had his coffee, other's opinions of him could be set on the back on burner.

"I'm looking for what I think is a quest NPC. She was blonde if I recall correctly."

[] Quest NPC? Check.
[
] Blonde? Check.

That list of requirements ran through her head as she stared blankly at the stranger. A blink, before she understood his instructions.

"... Mm."

Her head turned to the side, looking back into her home. How did she call for her housemate, again? Her thoughts went back to Lynn, mouth searching for the words. Instead, her head rested against the edge of the door, eyes nearly closed as she let out a sigh. Her holler bounced down the hallway.

"DAY, someone's looking for you."

"Coming...!"

NIGHT didn't move from her spot as she listened to her doppelganger dart down the stairwell; the door way, half-opened, only let the stranger peek into a sliver of their home's space. Clean wooden floors, a dining table with a sad rag by the side. The sight only jolted when the player behind the door bounced forward, bumped into by the entity of the hour. She barely groaned.

"Ah, sorry."
"Mm..."

And it wasn't until DAY's figure caught the morning air that NIGHT realized the awful thought that she had just made a grave mistake, allowing her secret to be seen, wait, wasn't that a player she was just talking to a few seconds earlier?

On Kura's end, what the man would most likely catch sight of was the blonde quest NPC in question -- hair tied in a pony tail, blue eyes that captured a spark of life under the sun. Robed in white, standing under a golden cursor, DAY held the edge of the doorway, half-leaning forward.

Curious.

"Yes? What is it you're looking for?"

When a sliver of the inside of their home could be peeked into, Kura would refrain from looking inside. Whether it was due to lack of curiosity, or out of politeness, he would instead focus on the home as a whole while he waited for whoever DAY was to show up. 

The modern style of the building was strangely fitting in the medieval setting of the surrounding buildings, and Kura wasn't exactly sure how the architect pulled it off. Regardless, it was nice to see some diversity in the buildings, and it was a bonus that it reminded him of home in the city. 

The apology from DAY she made when bumping into NIGHT would redirect his attention back to door, just in time for DAY to poke her head out. Kura would be silent for a moment once he saw DAY, then internally raised an eyebrow. No quest notification, no spiel about what quest they're about to embark on, nothing. All they had was a curious look to their face. DAY's question towards him snapped him out of his mulling and he began to respond back to her query.

"A quest. I thought you were a special event NPC when I saw you and I got curious. Gonna assume from the lack of system notification I was wrong, unless I missed a requirement somewhere."

—There was no space in the interim that she could recover from this, not without touting the stranger as a miscreant, an unfortunate witness to her crime. NIGHT thought twice about the questions that would be fired her way given a few moments, the inspection, the attention her mistake would unwillingly draw, gods she was a fool, she should've never let herself slip up this easily

And as for her accomplice, the construct blinked twice, signs of a grin rising on her face, pride near spilling from her expression. "Hah! See, NIGHT? Even the other players can see that I'm special! Well, not that I've even met them before, of course—"

"—I was mistaken," the woman behind the door immediately piped up, almost shoving her associate over, head sticking out behind the wood. Drenched in horror, exasperation and wear showed on the player's image, NIGHT stepping in front of the system in order to shade theirs from view. "No, there's no NPC living here. Sorry. Look somewhere else."

"Ah? Wait, hey—"

The door slammed shut in Kura's face.

A normal player would have questions about why DAY was shoved over while bragging by a desperate NIGHT, about the player's haggard look on their face when they blatantly lied to their face, or about the sudden ending of their conversation by way of door slamming. Then was the mystery of NIGHT saying that no NPC lived here, and he never once asked if a NPC lived here, just that if they've seen them.

Kura questioned NONE of those things. 

No, Kura just simply believed NIGHT's word at face value. If she says that there was no NPC here, even when DAY literally just poked her head out of the door, then it was so. Shrugging, he would sip his coffee and simply walked away.

-- The Next Day --

On another day, Kura would be found in the morning in front of a street vendor. But not just any street vendor, it was an ice cream one. They apparently just set up shop recently, and Kura's been meaning to go to it for awhile. Finishing his crafting early today, he decided to visit and grab himself a coffee flavored ice cream as a reward. As he took a lick, he smiled. The combination of the cool winds and sweet ice cream made his already good day any better.

There probably wouldn't be any shenanigans today.

Daemien's shop wasn't nearby, and neither was it flavorful. A pity, because had the man figured out his way through Cardinal's secrets, it would be no doubt that players would be flocking to his store no matter where he went. Maybe he could even afford enough to setup a static front, too, instead of needing to cart his lifestyle around.

On the other hand, the first floor made shopping quite the convenience. Just a few days ago, new players had appeared with different sorts of cuisines, desserts being one of them, a sort that Daemien wasn't keen on making.

Ice cream.

Turkish ice cream.

"It's interesting," the player had mentioned, eyes closed over dinner last night. "I've only seen it a couple of times around the city. And it has quite the texture..."

Which lead to her personal investigation: Turkish ice cream. Though the cart was new, it wasn't swarming with a crowd as she'd guessed it might've been.

Perfect. She wouldn't be due for a scolding from her player, that way.

A green cursor followed the construct where she went. To be secretive was her agenda, and [Disguise] often worked its magic out in her favor. Follow the rules; a bow here, a smile there, the quick exchange of col.

Ice cream get. There was just one thing, however.

To her side, she spotted a familiar player who'd grabbed a flavour that she hadn't gotten. Coffee, upon examination at a glance. But that fact wasn't the part that bothered her most.

"Ah, hey...!"

Swallowing her mouthful, DAY paced right up to the stranger with a wave and a tentative grin. Same tied up hair, same white cloak. The entity never looked too out of place, if she did say so herself. "Kura, right? I've got a few questions for you, if you don't mind."

The stickiness of the frozen treat was quite the surprise to Kura, who expected something along the lines of frozen custard. While the consistency of this ice cream was new to Kura, and made it more difficult to eat it, it was a fun little challenge for him trying to figure out a way to consume the ice cream properly without it accidentally dripping or ending up on his face. Then, he heard DAY's call while going in for another attempt at eating the Turkish ice cream. 

"Mm?"

Mid lick, Kura would turn his attention to the voice. What he found was the same girl he saw yesterday. There was something off about her though, with something just not matching in his memories. But well, he didn't think about it too much, nor the fact that she knew his name and he never told either NIGHT nor DAY it.

"I am indeed Kura. Fire away."

He wondered what he had done to warrant the extra attention, thinking that it was maybe because how he practically dropped in without warning, and probably disturbed both of their morning with what in in hindsight was dumb question even to Kura himself. The green cursor showed that she was obviously a player in Kura's eyes, and quietly he wondered how he missed that yesterday.

Edited by Kura

A shuffling of fingers, the entity twirling the cone in her hand absent-mindedly. Her other rested on her waist, eyes watching the tip of her ice cream as she spun it around. "So, about yesterday. I heard you were looking for a Quest NPC, is that right?"

More information that went unfiltered; neither of them seemed to respect the idea that the other wouldn't have known about their meet from the previous day, assumptions entirely glossed over. DAY took a bite of her treat as she filtered through Kura's response. She waited until she'd savored the portion before piping up with a query. "What did you want with them?"

There was a glint in her eyes as she awaited his response; a small grin, a glaze of light over her pupils. It wasn't every day the construct would find herself speaking with a player, after all. "I heard you called them special," she continued, almost in a purr, taking a lick of her dessert. Intrigue, more than cunning. "Tell me, why did you think so?"

Kura would nod when DAY asked about him looking into a quest NPC. After taking another lick, Kura would answer DAY back.

"Yeah, I was. Specifically it looked exactly like you, except with a different cursor."

With Kura being... Well Kura, he didn't even believe for a moment that this was the same person from his penchant for taking things at face value. If her cursor indicated that DAY was a player, in Kura's eyes, she couldn't be the NPC that he was looking for back then. Though even if he did realize that fact, Kura would still be as honest as he is right now when continuing to answer her questions. 

"Just curious what they were about. I've never seen her before, so I wondered if she was part of a quest or something."

While she mulled over his response, Kura would lick his ice cream, enjoying the richness of the coffee in the dessert. Though he would pause in his sweet consumption when DAY spoke up again to fish for compliments. And Kura would oblige without realizing it.

"The white cloak gave off a mysterious aura that no other NPC's in the Town of Beginnings, and the vibe she gave off was more approachable than the figure in the "Redemption" quest. I was pretty curious to see what sort of story they would tell, as she seemed like a cool person."

"Mm, yeah~?"

A welcome surprise, just like the ice cream. DAY had to fight her instinct on laughing despite the food in her mouth. Firm enough to remain in her mouth even as she spoke; it felt as though it was supposed to be chewable, yet it failed to hold under pressure despite its malleable texture. NIGHT was right on this endeavour, the entity noted, as she nodded to Kura's speech.

Nothing else mattered but a sudden glow of pride.

"You should tell my partner that," she hummed, continuing to twirl the cone in her hands. "You know, the other player from the other day? I bet she would need to hear that from someone else for once."

The system remained silent as she continued to take another mouthful in, sights idling upon the bustling district, watching the realm pass them by. "Kura," she started again, once the booza had dissipated on her tongue. "What's so mysterious about them? Surely there're other NPCs that've deviated behaviors from their norm, especially after the update. No?"

Had the other player been watching, he might've caught a roll of DAY's eyes. The woman scoffed before bringing the treat closer to her lips. "Asking for a friend."

When DAY said that he should tell her partner about what he said, he would make an internal note to do such a thing when he would next pop into her artisan shop. Putting aside the fact that he would do such a life threatening thing in a place with no witnesses, outwardly Kura would simply nod to her request as he enjoyed his own ice cream.

Hearing her next line of questioning, Kura poured through his memories as he wondered what whim caused him to attempt to investigate her in the first place. Dragging it out by force, Kura recalled the information, and replied without hesitation back to DAY.

"By chance I thought I saw them enter into a player house. I thought at first I was mistaken and it was just another building in the city. But when I knocked on the door, a player actually popped out. Then, another person with your exact tone of voice, dress and looks appeared."

He paused for a moment, as if finally coming to a realization. Looking at DAY, he realized that the similarities were too great to write off as happenstance. And recently, he had completed the "Gemini" quest, so he knew of NPC's with that ability. With these two pieces of information, Kura crafted a theory. Feeling confident in it, he spoke to DAY with a serious look on his face.

"Hey, I think there's a Gemini of you that's running around on this floor."

A Gemini of...—

"—Is that so?" DAY's smile was bright, as though it could chase away the clouds in the sky. There was a humor in this situation, an irony in his speech. When her eyes opened from glee, she waved her cone around, hold on her smirk almost slipping. "Well, I happen to know of them running around, to be honest. And actually..."

Her mouth met ice cream once again, just shy of a bite, and she stared at Kura, gaze shy of traces of deception.

"They change their appearance a lot, you know?"

She let herself take a pause before speaking, licking away the sugar and frost on her lips. "Last I heard," the entity added with a smirk, "They were last seen with a short mop, hair as black as night, donned in a dark tracksuit." Two fingers were brought up to her face as she continued, looking over to the other player. "Crystalline eyes, onyx in colour, but they bounce between a deep violet hue to faded lavender depending on the gloom of the light."

"A perpetual scowl, a short demeanor." DAY's free hand stretched outwards, fingers kept together, its side held right at her forehead. "About this tall. Just like me."

With a bounce, the entity let her gestures go. That grin returned alongside a chuckle, cheeriness having vanished somewhere in her explanation when her processes were deep in recall. "Of course," the Gemini added, "I don't know if you'll see them again. But if you catch someone who fits that description, you should be cautious around them, too. Got that, Kura?"

The humor was lost on Kura as he took the situation seriously. That sounded awfully familiar, and he realized that she was referencing NIGHT. He fully now believed that NIGHT was a Gemini now, and wondered how could a NPC run what seemed to be a player shop, not even realizing that the lunch he packs for adventures is from another Gemini, Daemien to be precise.

He believed everything DAY said, until her final portion, where she advised caution. Frowning, he shook his head in disagreement.

"No. I believe I met that person before, she was an artisan who crafted trinkets that saved my life, and allowed me to save others. I refuse to treat her as an enemy."

Kura's tone held a hint of anger, something rare for him. He unconsciously placed his empty hand over the the various trinkets NIGHT had crafted that were located in his pockets, as he glared at DAY for a few moments.

Though the flare up in his emotions were forcefully pushed down as he eventually returned to a neutral look. He was here to enjoy the ice cream, and mulling over those thoughts made the dessert taste even more bitter. 

strange, how that feeling of muted rage almost paralleled her own.

Two careful blinks. The entity watched him carefully.
strange, how this player barely knew her other, and somehow wouldn't judge her as an objective figure.

"—Is that so?"

strange, how the player before her was upset, upset at all, because there was no way his reasons would match her own.
so where did that conviction come from?

In the interim, she could read his expression. A glance down at his pockets, a lingered gaze; those items carried her person's signature. So he knew of the player, in actuality.

Somehow, DAY found it hard to read another.

"Well, I did warn you," she sang with a shrug, at the moment he let his fury die and she capped off her own. The ice cream in her hand still hadn't melted; a key difference between the ones that Zajcica had crafted once upon a time and this specific sort of dessert. Fascinating. The entity needed to remember to take some home before she left.

"It's alright if you don't trust me. Although I have to ask where your belief in that person stems from." The system chuckled. "You can't tell me after a few items that you're bought. Can you? Humor me. —Out of curiosity, of course."

The question was a simple one to answer, though Kura felt it wouldn't exactly satisfy DAY judging from how she believed that Kura couldn't be won over by simple trinkets. Because he absolutely could.

"If a person does something positive towards me, I'll look at them in a positive light. I also won't worry about an arbitrary amount of time passing before they can be considered 'trusted'. So long as their future actions aren't negative towards me, it really doesn't matter what they do to win my trust, nor how long I've known them for."

While he spoke, it was now Kura's turn to stare at the crowds passing the two by. While he was, he pulled out one of the trinkets that he bought, the "Small Peppermint Sack" to be specific and idly played with it in his empty hand.

"They are items, probably made with no actual intent of helping me specifically. The fact remains that those mere items have saved my life. I consider that enough of a positive to at least not exercise caution around her for now."

Edited by Kura

Her head turned if only to examine the item her carried out. No, she didn't need to have done so, having already seen it from moments before. Listening to this player speak, placing his faith in others...

"I see," the entity replied. There was a lack of understanding behind her words as she spoke.

because players were such confusing subjects, weren't they? even after observing them for so long, she thought she could've figured them out. but she can't. and every one of them is like this?

DAY's eyes remained, contemplative, on the trinket for as long as it remained held out for her to see. She busied herself with a corner of her cone, ice cream still held together, somehow; the cold was barely enough to stave away her confusion, calculations running on overdrive as her eyes rested back on Kura once he'd put away his equipment.

Still, she'd seen the inverse before. And with a tilt of her head, she felt as though their time together was coming to a close.

"So hypothetically speaking," the entity began again, palm of her empty hand turned upwards, warmth returning to her expression as she spoke. "Say the interactions with someone you trusted did turn negative. What then? Would you carry on believing in people the same way you always had?"

A cold breeze swept them by, across the streets, past their feet in circles. DAY's gesture was simple, in emphasis, pushing her query forward.

"The way you interact with others, wouldn't it turn askew? Wouldn't your previous beliefs in others falter? What makes your previous faith worthwhile?"

At the end of DAY's question, Kura had a bitter sweet expression as he mulled over her words. Her query hit too close to home for Kura's liking, but he regardless pushed onwards, answering DAY with his whole heart.

"If I was betrayed enough times, I would run away for a time. I would love to say that I could constantly believe in others regardless of what happened with others, but it hurts."

With a sigh, Kura would comb through his mind, trying to find the right words to voice what he felt.

"But I would come back and try again, both for the sake of the previous beliefs in others, as well as the future potential ones. They should not be judged by the actions of others, instead by their own merits. It's unfair to label someone as a traitor before you even give them a chance."

Memories of his own actions leading to the failure of potential relationships flashed through his mind as Kura continued to speak.

"As for if it would go awry, of course it turns askew, with how easy it is to get on my good side and subsequently betray me. What makes my previous faith worthwhile for that situation, the one where they either backstab or abandon me... It is worth it because of the other relationships that remain."

A small part of Kura reminded him that there were no other relationships that lasted before, but he ruthlessly stomped that thought into the ground.

"I cannot perceive whether or not someone is a good person, the best that I can do is try as many times as I can and see who sticks around. And I would have never found those who stayed loyal if I didn't cast my search so broadly. It's only for them that makes this whole entire process worth it."

And he would continue that search without faltering.

"That is all I can do."

it took him a while, but the answer was simple. reductive. spread one's odds around enough, and quantity would best probability, even with the worst of margins. this made sense to cardinal, made sense to the reporter of troubles.

but it hurt, didn't it? cardinal's gift to sentient kind. numbness remained on the tip of her tongue; at the back of her throat, stars from the lake of reflection dug deep into her vessel. the passage of time, observed when she closed her eyes. seconds ticking by. minutes and hours. each moment in the passing held its own value of pain.

two pieces of information laid side by side, each of them rational sequences, one of thought and one of occasion. together, paired, it spoke of the endurance players were willing to go through.

what for? already answered. the correct question was if it was worth it.

it varied between each subject, she supposed.

The entity hummed. She'd been attentive, sworn to the system to be so, and gave the player a slow nod once he'd completed his speech. She wasn't to understand, had already tried understanding in the past. But it never hurt to go over the material again.

like a student battering their head against a topic of noncomprehension.

"I see," she added. She gave the moment between them several beats, before nodding over to the ice cream in the other player's hand. "Hey. Careful with that. It's starting to melt."

Booza was quite the durable substance, and though Kura's speech was lengthy, informative, the treat hadn't budged an inch down its holder, wouldn't whet the fingers of any of its devourers. But DAY bit at her own as though it was about to crumble had she left it alone for a minute more. "Just kidding," she added, had the player taken a look to his dessert. A smile served in light-heartedness. If it wasn't going to do the entity any good with her lack of understanding, then it served Aincrad's pupils well to think when she couldn't.

Instead of continuing their conversation, however, the Gemini simply shifted her sights over to the ice cream cart; the owner manning it wouldn't stay for long, given the hour. A rotating schedule about the city was what she'd taken note of in her previous prowls about town, and it made for higher profits for its owner, as far as she could tell. 'It would be uncouth to hold them up', her player would've said.

"Hey," she added, line thrown over her shoulder as she started to turn around, cone now half-eaten in her hand. "About what I'd said earlier, Kura — I figured you should know about this, since it's pretty serious."

"The Quest NPC we were talking about before —" a sincere grin that came out as a smirk, "—There's no such construct on this floor, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what your eyes must've caught the other day, Gemini or not, but I figured at the very least you deserved to hear that truth. You can do with that information what you will."

"Well, see you!"

Her other empty hand gave him a wave, the woman's eyes barely glazing over Kura's figure as she shifted her focus to the ice cream cart.

follow the rules; a bow here, a smile there, the quick exchange of col.

Had Kura been tracing her figure across the streets, the last he would've seen of DAY was down a lane, into a back alley.

sense never connected when it came to players. it never did, according to cardinal, and time and time again, even with extreme computation behind her forethought, the entity decided it never would.