[F22-PP] Loose Ends...

Sitting on her bed, knees to her chest, blanket over her frame. Sam has overcome so much in this lifetime. Being drug into this game by her friends who were dead before they ever got a chance to live. Through it all she managed to find something, someone who meant more than life itself to her. Lium after 2 years walks back into her life, presumed dead or loss, when really it was neither. He was taken from her in the second to worst way possible. It was all so confusing but he is what brought the best out in her. Made her focus when she couldn't herself. Showed her that not everyone was bad and that there were good souls out there, that she just had to search for them. Lium made having a friend possible. He was the first to put up with her shit and the first to tell her, she was not always right. When Lium just disappeared, something broke in Sam. Something that she never thought she would get back until she met Katoka. On a whim, she took a chance. She found the love of her life... A knock on her front door can be faintly heard. She wipes a tear from her cheek and gets up from her bed. Heading to the door, she hears "Sam, are you there?" Sam stops dead and stares at the door. 

Samantha | HP: 680/680 | EN: 86/86 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 20 | LD: 7 | BLD: 48 | ENV.O: 32 | PARA

Spoiler

Samantha,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 19
HP: 680/680
EN: 86/86

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 20
Loot Dice: 7
BLD: 48
ENV.O: 32
PARA

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Analyst's Harvester - Lethargy (T4): Envenom Offensive 1, Bleed 1, Paralyze 1
Armor: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: Loot Dice +3
Misc: Sapphire Ring - Nayru: Prosperity 3

Skills:
War Ax R5
Cloth Armor R5
Searching R4
Quick Change

Active Mods:
Vanish
Surprise Attack (Trickster)
Tracking
Athletics
Ferocity

Active Extra Skills:
Hiding R4
Concentration

Edited by Sam

"Sam, come on, open up," saying as Lium puts his head against her door and closes his eyes. "Please... Just let me explain..." saying as he places a light fist against her door. Lium knew that a short and sweet explanation wouldn't work. It had to be just that given what was going on at the time. He wanted revenge for what happened to their friends or rather teammates and at the time, that was all he wanted and thought about nothing else. After the conversation with Freyd and the girl, Sam was the first to run out. "You obviously wanted me to come here if you send me your home coordinates. Let me in and let me explain..." Was is false hope, was Sam that mad at him that she didn't want to listen to him any more. He had to think about it from her point of view though. "I can't imagine what you must be thinking right now..." A soft knock on the door... Suddenly he hears locks unhinging, Lium gets off the door and stares at the entry way. A teary eyed Sam is standing in front of the door now. A sharp exhale, "Sam..."

Hikkato | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 4

Spoiler

Hikkato,
Level: 1
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 20/20
EN: 20/20

Stats:
Damage: 4

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: 2-Handed Assault Spear
Armor: Black Robe

Skills:
2HAS R1

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP): 3

Edited by Lium

Lium reaches a hand out toward her and Sam simple puts a hand up to stop him. Turning away from him now, but leaving the door open, she walks to the kitchen to brew some coffee. Hearing footsteps behind her, focusing on grabbing cups for them as the coffee steams. "I know that you fell off the face of the earth and not by choice, I am sorry for that. But now thinking about it, if I was with you guys we would have not been out in the open like that in the dark none the less." She thought about the what if's and how simple it would have been to send a message to find her. "You did not try hard enough. I spent those months doing nothing but waiting before Firm Anima found me. I am alive because of them." Sam was stuck on everything that could have been not what is and maybe that was her problem. She was not thinking clearly, maybe because she was in shock...  

"I did not try hard enough??" This was something that actually pissed him off a bit. Moving to the counter as his emotion stirred. "They did not try hard enough. They gave up after 1 week. I kept looking and searching for you even when the odds were very slim." Taking her by her arm lightly to turn her to face him. "A message could not be sent because you did not go by the same name as before. I would have sent something to a girl named Samantha and as far as I am concerned, you go by the user name Sam here. I use the same username for every game I have ever played, Lium." He lets go of her arm, but doesn't stop the intense stare that was given to her. "So do not dare tell me that I did not try hard enough to find you. In a game with millions of people, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. And yes, I was out in the dark with the others because that was the only time that other people were not stealing our kills." The stare forms into a small glare now. Sam would have thought the exact same thing if she knew the circumstances. Lium was really glad though that Firm Anima took her in. That she survived what he could not... 

Sam had Lium all wrong, she thought the worst of him when really he was just making those harder choices. Sam takes the coffee's to the table, taking a seat. Lium takes a chair across from her as he seemed to become a bit calmer. Both taking a sip of their coffee's, "I didn't think about it that way. I'm sorry..." Lium just gives Sam a -no shit look- as they stare at each other. The hate that she felt toward this man was starting to fade as he continued to explain further. "So what was it like being a prisoner," she knew that it was a personal question, but she wanted to know more about what happened to him. While she was spending all that time being mad, what was he going through. It made her feel bad for even the though... Taking a deep breath as she takes another sit of her coffee. "I want to understand, help me know what you know about the Laughing Coffin..." They are the ones that made her feel this way for so long... She would pay them back for what they have done.  

"Oh, you know torture, starvation, belittling me, abusing me with words and telling me that I was not worth the thought. Most the normal shit didn't work given it's a game and all. Didn't really stop them from trying though." Deep down it was painful, he was completely serious about every word but it didn't show. The thing that was most difficult is not being able to search for Samantha. Right before this game happened, he was going to ask her out, but things changed... "I have told you most of what I know, and they referred this redhead female as R. That just came to me just now,  now that my shock died down. I saw her only once, but the voice was there about every few days." Lium sits up in his chair, holds out a hand toward Sam with a smile. "Enough about me though, I want to know how you have been," a hand held out but Sam seems to be hesitant. Lium gives her a curious look now as she stares at the bottom of her tea cup. 

Staring into the bottom of this tea cup she finds a tear drip down her cheek. "I didn't think that you were coming back..." A small sniffle, "Deep down I wanted to believe that you were still out there and looking for me and in some ways I guess you were seeing that you are here right now in my dinning room." Setting her cup down now she gets up to grab some more coffee. Sitting back down after a moment as she just stared at his hand. "Another time, another place we might have been something more... After you I was just done with the guys though." Wiping her tears from a cheek, she did have something for this person, but that was before she knew that females were more of her style. "You had to know that I wasn't going to wait forever... My soon to be wife is the love of my life." Looking up into his eyes, they seem to have a sadness to them. Sam softly bites her bottom lip, but says "I want you to meet her. I would really like if you could be friends..." She knew how hard this might be for him given that it was hard for her to even say. "It would mean the world to me if we could stay friends too..." Sam's words fell silent, hoping that he could accept her for who she was, most people did not... 

Something right then shifted in his heart. He had always known that there was something different about Sam than the other females, but he was never able to pinpoint it. A smile and a small chuckle as he gets up from his seat. Walking to behind Sam's chair, he wraps his hands across her shoulders and lightly around her neck. Whispering in her ear, leaning down, "I could never hate you. I love you just the way you are Sammy." He knew now that even if they were together, Sam would not be able to dish out the same feelings. Sam was too important to let go of and he could never bring himself to think any differently about her. "I would love to meet your soon to be wife, even be at the wedding if you'll let me." At this point Sam quickly gets up from her chair and gives him a proper hug now. "Yes," Sam says, muffled as she burrows her head in his robe. Lium places a hand on her head, holding her tightly around the waste with the other, "I am sorry I was gone for so long. It was never suppose to be that way." Placing a chin on her head with a deep inhale. 

After a while finally reuniting the right way, he pulls her away and sets a hand on her cheek wiping the remaining tears. "Let's go meet your wife..." Lium knew that anyone that she made that deep of a connection with was going to be great. Sam simple nods and grabs her keys. Walking out the door together now, Lium puts an arm around her shoulders, as they headed toward Katoka's place. Arriving at her place she walks in and tells Lium to stay put for a moment. "Kat, are you here," as she leaves the door slightly open...  

Katoka sat, sipping on a cup of tea that had gone lukewarm long ago while reading a book she had picked up recently. She hadn't had a whole lot of time to really dive into it like she had wanted, what with the wedding planning, game devastating storm of shadows, and the build up of dishes in her sink. Thankfully she had tackled the one that she despised the most that morning and was treating herself to a much needed rest for the time being. The breeze was cool and the day was just the right temperature to really enjoy the outside without getting too hot or cold. The blonde turned the page and drained the last of her cup before she heard the front door open, setting the book down she smiled as she heard Sam's voice call to her.

"I'm out here love, come join me on the back porch." she quickly looked to the teapot setting on the table and to her single mug, "I have some tea as well, but if you don't want to share a mug I suggest grabbing one from the kitchen on your way out."

Katoka | HP: 680/680 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 78 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 3 | BLD: 48 | REC: 3

Spoiler

"Katoka, The Cerulean Storm
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 6
HP: 680/680
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 78
Evasion: 1
Accuracy: 3
BLD: 48
REC: 3

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Iridescent Edge (T4/Perfect/Katana) | BLD 1, DMG 2
Armor: Bushido Haori (T4/Perfect/Light Armor) | MIT 2, EVA 1
Misc: Black Zephyr’s Zeal

Skills:
1HCS R1
Katana R5
Light Armor R5
Energist
Extended Mod Limit

Active Mods:
Ferocity
Stamina
Meticulous
Resolve
Vengeful Riposte

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Concentration
Parry

Inactive Extra Skills:
Survival
Shatter

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleportation Crystal: 5
Starter Healing Potion: 3"                                        

Edited by Katoka

Sam gulps hard being a bit nervous. Walking through the house to the kitchen hearing her love outside, grabbing a cup. It was not for her, though. She grabs an extra chair too knowing there was only two out on the porch. She takes a deep breath and walks out the back door. Setting the chair next to the other two, setting the cup down on the table, why was she so nervous... Sam gives Kat a hello peck on the cheek and sits down next to her. A curious -why not more- look was given back to Sam. 

Taking a deep breath now she looks to the teapot and pours some more tea in Kats cup seeing it empty. Taking a sip from Kat's cup, "That group of friends that I told you about... The ones that I thought were missing or left me or whatever the case may be... One of them showed back up, the one that I told you was my very very best friend... The person that I thought had that major crush on me... Turns out he does and I told him I had a fiance... A female... And he is right outside and I really need him to meet you, so please don't be mad at me..." She was talking really fast as she takes a sharp inhale to catch her breath. Right before she hears from inside, "Sammy!" shit, shit, shit...

Appearing around the corner of the door frame, "You really shouldn't talk so loudly, someone might hear..." he says with a smirk glancing at both the girls. Sam's face turns red now regretting that last few things she had said about Lium... He sees the empty cup and the third chair, walking around the two he takes a seat and leans forward with his arms crossed over his knees looking at Kat with a smile. "So yes, I do have eyes for Your woman, I always have but..." he pauses leaning back now. "I lost any chance I would have had with her. I will respect that whole heartedly." Giving a small chuckle knowing now that the female that Sam mentioned was real. He didn't want to believe it, but it is what it is...

Holding a hand out to Kat now, "Hi, I am Lium, Sam's not so gay best friend." He says this in very charming voice. He meant every word, though, Sam really wanted them to be friends and he would respect every wish of hers. Regardless if it hurts just a bit, it would soon hurt a little less just being next to her knowing that she was doing okay.  

• 2 weeks later...

Katoka was surprised by the new person that had entered her home, but she quickly composed herself and gave him a sweet smile as he sat down. As he introduced himself she arched a brow at his mention of having eyes for Sam. She did reach out and grip his hand to shake it, though she did it a bit more firmly than needed, "As long as your eyes and hands remain where they are then I don't think we'll have any issue Lium. It's a pleasure to meet you nonetheless. I'm Katoka, Sam's soon to be wife."

She let go of his hand and turned back to Sam, "And I'm not mad at you love, just send me a message to give me a bit more warning next time." She stood up and kissed her on the cheek before pouring a cup of tea for Lium and topping off her cup. "Can I get you anything Lium? I have a few snacks and if you're really hungry I'm sure I can find something to throw together for lunch."

Lium gives a smirk, "I know that I came from seemingly nowhere quickly, but I can assure you Katoka, you really have nothing to worry about. I know my boundaries and I would like nothing more than to see Samantha happy." His eyes glance to the teacup, he was more of a coffee drinker but this would do. This was the first time that he has truly seen Samantha, it's always been in a different form from different online games but her personality was always the same. He found comfort in this, but what he said would stand true. He had no interest in wrecking something that looked perfect and deep down he always knew that she wasn't interested in him that way but all he could have hoped was the opposite. Holding the tea cup in one hand as he traced the rim of the cup with his finger. "I have known Sam for 7 years and she is my best friend, so Kat, I would ask you," His eyes look at Sam with sincerity as he spoke, " I would ask you to share this amazing person with me." He leans back in his chair and glances to Kat now. He has been through some really shitty stuff lately and even though he would not admit it out loud, he does need her right now more than ever...   

• 2 weeks later...

Katoka watched Lium closely, she had dealt with people in her past that could lie like the best of them. She could usually tell if something was off, but Sam's friend seemed genuine. She smiled and took a sip of her tea so she could properly think of something to say. After a beat she responded, "I know she thinks very highly if you, so I wouldn't do anything to keep her away." Turning to Sam she continued, "You don't have to ask permission to have friends. You're not my property, I won't treat you like an object. We are partners in this together." Looking back to Lium she took another sip of her tea.

"Don't think I won't hesitate to kick you ass though if I need to." she smirked as she placed her mug back on the table before her. "All in all, it's truly a pleasure to finally meet you in person Lium."

Taking a sip of the same glass Kat did, "I know, but I felt like this time was different. I didn't know how you would feel about me having a friend, an old one at that, that shared the same feeling you do about me..." She glares a bit at Lium now, "I swear I will put you down if you fuck this up..." Taking a deep breath now she pats her hands against her knees. "Now that the air is clear, let's get to the important stuff. Lium, you will stand as a bridesmaid... Bridesman?? Whatever..." she shakes her head, confused at the term but stands. Picking Kat up from her chair quickly and spinning her against the warmth of her body, holding Katoka in a hug. Bring Kat's head slightly back as she places a hand against her cheek, "I think that we have waited long enough," closing her eyes as she bring her face forward to meet her lips against Kat's. Pulling back slightly after a minute, her eyes meet Katoka's, a smile, with her hand still against her soon to be wife's face. Her chest was pounding a million miles a second just with a simple kiss and a gaze. She was the one... "Let's go gather people and get prepared. I know that we had all these plans, but I don't want to wait another minute." Holding that gaze like nothing else in the world mattered, at the corner of her eye though she sees Lium sneak out...     

Without saying another word, he slips past the two love birds. Back into the house, Lium glances around. A photo placed on the fireplace of Katoka and Sam in a heart shaped frame. A small smile curves his lips as he picks this up. With a finger, lightly tracing Sam's face in the photo. "May all your dreams come true, love..." he whispers, looking at the photo just a bit more before placing it back to its home. A sigh as he glances out to the porch at the girls. It was time that he placed his feeling elsewhere. Someone that could share those same feelings toward him. It was going to be hard to let Sam go, but he gave them his word that he would not interfere. A hand on the doorknob as he walks out of the house now. He knew very few people and trusted even less, but he had to move on. Closing the door behind him, he looks to the forest and the sun at the peak of its day. Sending a quick message to his new redhead female trainer, it would be a good way to get his mind off his active thoughts... Heading to the meeting place, not looking back...  

• 3 weeks later...

Katoka held Sam in her arms and placed her forehead against hers, closing her eyes for a while. She couldn't even remember what it was like to be without her. She didn't want to remember. Opening her eyes again she turned to see Lium was now gone. She smiled softly and almost felt a bit bad for him. She knew that he loved Sam, he could see it in his eyes. The pain of not being able to be with the one you love was easy to hide behind a mask, but it was also hard to hide from people that knew where to look. Kat knew that she'd see him again, and she had a feeling that they would fight for Sam's attention. The samurai had no intention of losing.

Standing up she gathered the various mugs and things from the table to bring inside, "Shall we get something for lunch then?"

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a deep breath with her head still against her loves, eyes closed just savoring the moment. Kat had mentioned food, and Sam simple smiles. "Sure," as she interlocks her hand in Kats walking into the kitchen. Getting out a few pieces of bread for a simple peanut butter and jelly. It was easy and her mind was on one thing right now. The wedding... It was nearing the time and Sam didn't want to wait any longer. Two sandwiches lay upon the counter as she leans against the counter. Taking a bite she opens her HUD and starts conducting a message through the guild chat saying "The time has come. Two days from now, noon, Katoka and I shall marry. Freyd wear something formal, everyone else dress nice. Bridesmaids please come a bit earlier..." Her HUD chimes as she sends the message. Everything she wanted was about to come true, and most people would be soo nervous for this day, not Sam though. She was excited to start her life with Katoka and even though it was just a game, she would vow to find Kat in the real world no matter how long it took. She was madly in love with this girl and nothing would change that. Taking the PB&J in hand and giving one to Kat. "You ready for the big day?" Smiling her way. Sam didn't have any vows set aside, but she knew that anything that she would say would come straight from the heart.  

Lium hops into a tree, sitting on a large branch. The chimes of his HUD catches his attention. Dangling his legs off as he sits, opening the message a frown forms on his face. Closing his HUD he positions himself, placing his back against the trunk and one leg up. Head against the hard surface, he closes his eyes. He had been up all night and he was exhausted but he was going to move forward. He threw Sam out of his mind now and starting forcing himself to think about the people who set him in that cave. One focus, one goal now... It was what he had left. He was determined to get stronger so that he could clear the bad from this world, so that what happened to him would never happen again. The killing that these players thought they had to do to survive had to stop. He would do what had to be done so that no one else outside this little group wouldn't have to. No matter how fake this world was, it was all they had, he would help make it safe to breath in...

Kat took the sandwich from Sam and took a big bite. She closed her eyes so she could ponder the question she had asked. She already knew the answer, but she wanted to tease her love a bit before she answered. After she finished chewing she swallowed the food and turned to Sam, "Mmmm, yeah I think I'm ready."

The blonde grinned and playfully bumped her hip against the brunette, "Of course I'm ready dummy. But the real question is, are you ready to spend the rest of your life with a boring little blonde?" Leaning over she took a bite of Sam's sandwich before dropping her own on her plate and taking off, giggling madly as she ran from the kitchen into the living room. She was happy.

Happy to have found someone that made her feel this way. Happy that she can let her guard down around someone and really be herself. Really and truly happy.

And above all else, she was in love.