[SP-PT-F01] An Exclusive Request | «The First Few Lessons»

As the sun beam down against Sai's eyes, he looks around the area to find some shade. 'I need to find away to get out of this heat.' His eyes traced over to a tavern where some patrons are sitting under the shade. He took one step toward the tavern and heard a commanding voice thrown his direction. "You there! Stop, please!" A man with a confident stride made his way to Sai. 'W-What.. Is this NPC actually interacting with me..?' He turned around to face the stranger and waited for the man to talk to him. "Pardon me, but I am in need of some assistance, and you appear quite capable." Sai silent stares at the NPC waiting for him to continue his dialog. The NPC let out a quick sigh, adjusting his monocle over his right eye. "My name is Dorian, and I am the mayor of this town. As part of those mayoral duties, I issued a small loan to a member of the community a few months ago. Well, the time to collect had come around and I-" Flustered, Dorian systematically runs his fingers over his perfect mustache. "You see, I've forgotten who it was I loaned the money to. Terribly embarrassing, I know, but I am a very busy man, and I cannot keep track of everything that happens. I'm sure you understand." With a wave of his hand, Dorian continues, "Should you be willing to track down the loan recipient for me, and collect the col, I would be eternally grateful. Just, maybe don't let anyone else know I forgot who the loan went to?"

Sai continued to stare at Dorian with a blank expression, as he slowly lifts his right arm, A menu displayed with Sai determining if he should accept the quest or not. 'Well.. I guess this wouldn't be such a rough place to start.' He tapped on the accept button and Dorian nods at the player. "Excellent, I knew I could count on you! You might start with Zackariah, the alchemist. He's often doing projects for the town, so it may have been him that borrowed the money."

Walking down the cobblestone path, the white-haired player made his way around town, but did not know the direction to look. 'Tch.. Where am I going to find this Zackariah? I should ask around to see if anyone knows.' He continued to walk around and peered into some stores to see if anything stuck out to him. He crossed his arms and began tapping on his feet against the floor, "An alchemist.. He should be nearby.. Maybe I am not looking at the right thing." He let out a sigh and continued to walk around the marketplace. After checking store to store, Sai stumbled upon an alchemist lab. 

He gazed into the store and found shelves full of colorful potions in various vials and jars. “Oh, hello," comes the distracted greeting from behind the counter. Sai cleared his throat and entered the store, while his eyes trace the product that are displayed for everyone to see. He glanced over at a man with a long, snow-white beard, 'This must be Zackari-' "Are you here to order something? I’m sorry, but I am currently swamped with orders, and I’m running out of supplies.” Light comes into the man's dark eyes, a lightbulb going off to signify a brilliant idea.

“Would you gather a few materials for me? Flowers, herbs, rare woods, whatever you can find outside the city walls. I promise I’ll help you fill your order as soon as you return. In fact, I would be willing to show you how to do it yourself.” Before Sai could even respond, a window appeared in front of him. 'A hunt for materials.. This is a step towards being the strongest..' He tapped on the accept button and turned towards the door without waiting for any explanation. He exited «Town of Beginning» and made his way toward the «Plains» while glancing over at other players who are grouped up together. 'It would definitely be much easier with someone else guarding me while I search for these materials.' He lifted his right arm and swiped down the menu to equip his weapon. He tapped on his sword and the weapon materialized onto his hip.

Sai ran into the forest to see if there were anything he could find. He crouched down and started picking at an herb, 'Alright.. I heard I just need to be real careful with this.' As his fingers gripped the bottom of the herb, a window appeared in front of him, indicating that he successfully received the material.

[#197018] | [LD: 13] MATERIAL FOUND

[quest log.]
1/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

After successfully gathering one of the materials he needed, Sai began looking for another way to gather the materials for the quest. 'He said something about rare wood.. Maybe I could find some over here.' He went over an oak tree and began to attempt to peel off a piece of the bark. The texture of the tree felt rough, but he was able to take a piece of the bark and take it off the tree. A window appeared and he successfully claimed the material for himself. 'Okay.. This isn't so hard. I probably shouldn't have though about that.. Might have jinxed myself.' He tapped on the tree and let out a sigh.

He began to wander around the forest in search for another area to find more materials. A small rustle could be hear a few feet in front of him. He placed his hand on the handle of his sword and closely watched the bush. 'My first monster? I'm going to make sure I make it out of here.. No matter what is in front of me.'

[#197019] | [LD: 14] MATERIAL FOUND

[quest log.]
2/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

A wild boar creeped out of the brushes and before Sai could engage into battle, a group of players began to attack the wild boar. His eyes glimmer as he watches the monster get absolutely demolished by the players. After successfully killing the boar, the monster shattered into thousands of polygons and the players began to celebrate. 'Amazing.. I want to be able to be able to do something like that!' Sai relaxed his stance and continued to follow the path through the forest, while looking around for other potential materials. 

There were a few flower beds that perked Sai's interest and he made his way into the fields. He began to inspect the flowers and pinched a pink tulip. 'This one looks good. I'll see if I can ta-' A window slowly appeared in front of him and he successfully gathered the material.

[#197023] | [LD: 14] MATERIAL FOUND

[quest log.]
3/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

Feeling the luck of the divine gods, Sai quickly attempted to find another area to harvest more materials. He stood up as fast as he could and full sprinted down the meadow. As he darts through the field, his eyes rapidly focused on each and every potential area that could have the materials needed for the quest. There were a few players picking at a bush, causing Sai to a full stop. He jogged over after a player finished and he attempted to harvest the same bush. 'It didn't seem like he failed that, maybe I can get the same result!'  When he continued to search through the bush, nothing came up. He let out a sigh and stood back up. "There's a chance he already harvested the material, I need to quickly find another area." His eyes canvased the entire area and saw another player attempting to grab a material. He quickly stood up and dashed towards the player with determination in his eyes.

[#197026] | [LD: 03] FAILED TO FIND MATERIAL

[quest log.]
3/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

One of the players saw Sai dashing towards them and shouted at his friend to move out the way. The player winced and fell onto his butt, as Sai picked up the herb, claiming it for himself. "D-Dude.. Are you kidding me? That was mine!" Sai stood up and started to laugh. "What are you going to do about it? He turned over towards the group of players and they all stood there shocked. He watched as the players slowly unsheathe their weapons and took an offensive position. 'Looks like I am going to have to fight my way out of here.' Before he could place his hand on the handle of his weapon, one of the players tapped his teammate on the shoulder and they turned around and left.

Sai let out a sigh of relief, as he watched the group of players slowly leave the forest. He glanced over at other players attempting to search for materials in the same area. 'It seems like gathering the materials are just random. Maybe bumping into that guy wasn't the right thing to do.' He stretched out his arms and continued to walk around the meadow.

[#197027] | [LD: 17] MATERIAL FOUND 

[quest log.]
4/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

As the day slowly comes to an end, Sai continued to search around the meadows for more materials. Other players around him started to head back into the safety of the town, but he did not want to head back with nothing in his pockets. He found a patch of lavender that caught the scent of Sai. He picked up the lavender and smiled as the window appear in front of him. A light chime is heard and he looked up into the sky and shouted, "LET'S GOOO!" A couple of birds flew out of the forest and there was dead silence. He put his down and followed the path back to the town to find safety before the monsters start attacking him.

'All I need to do now is return to that Santa Claus looking character and I should be done with this quest.'  Many players were sprinting into the entrance of the town and Sai watched as players walked into taverns to celebrate. He went towards the direction of Zackariah's lab, but Sai had to search store to store again.

[#197028] | [LD: 13] MATERIAL FOUND 

[quest log.]
5/5 materials found

Edited by Sai

Finding the alchemist lab, Zackariah claps his hands as Sai walked through the wooden doors. "Welcome back! Do you have what I have asked for? Could you please place them down on wooden counter? I'm going to need you to help me with the an order. Could you help me with that?" Sai looked over at the wooden counter and slowly walked over and placed each material he gathered onto the counter. A quest window appeared in front of him asking if he is ready to accept the quest. The elderly man smiled at the player and grabbed a ton of empty vials and placed them alongside Sai. "When you are ready, proceed to follow this recipe right here. All I need is a potion that could heal anybody." The NPC tapped onto the recipe sheet and sat down to observe the crafting. Sai sat down right next to the wooden counter and placed his hands on the materials. 'Let's do this.. Nothing can stop me from achieving my goal..' 

Grabbing the first material that was gathered during his time in the «Plains», Sai attempted to craft his very first potion. Zackariah watched in silence, while watching closely to see how Sai crafted the order. Swirling the vial in a circular motion, a tiny flash engulfs the vial. The NPC let out a sigh and continued to work on the other orders that were placed in his lab. 'Tch.. I followed that recipe to the exact number.. What am I missing here?' He placed the failed craft aside and looked over the counter to see what else he could do. He glanced over at Zackariah, but the NPC was still working away. "I've got this.. Just you wait." With determination filling his eyes, Sai rolled up his sleeve and began to craft the next potion.

[#197029] | [CD: 03] FAILED TO CRAFT 

[quest log.]
0/1 crafted potion

Edited by Sai

Before Sai could reach for the material, he stopped midway and looked over at the recipe list. 'This isn't right.. I'm not doing this correctly..' He stood up and started moving the materials all over the counter. He looked around the lab and found a couple of potions to reference from, but no matter what he did, he could not figure out what to do. He attempted once again, grabbing an empty vial and placed the required materials and began swirling the vial. With a small flash, the vial came up crude and the vial became useless. He placed the vial next to his first failure and sat down on the stool with a defeated expression. 'This is a lot rougher than I thought it would be.. I need to find a way to create this potion or I'll be stuck here crafting forever..' He tapped his index finger against the counter and continued to examine the materials.

[#197030] | [CD: 01] FAILED TO CRAFT 

[quest log.]
0/1 crafted potion

Edited by Sai

The white-haired boy walked over to grab a new vial and scanned the materials for something to create the potion. He grabbed a white lily and combined the empty vial with it, before pouring some water. He began to swirl the mixture around until he saw a color change and a flash of white light. A window appeared indicating that he successfully crafted a perfect healing potion. 'I-I did it!' He looked over at Zackariah with an accomplished expression on his face. "Look at this potion! I created a simple healing potion with ease!" The player moved the concoction over to the NPC and looked over to see what his expression was. The NPC walked over to pick up the vial, examining the newly crafted potion. He began to examine the work that Sai has presented to him, but there was a shock expression on his face. "What's the matter, old man? Did I do something wrong?" He lifted the potion up and smiled at the player. "Well, normally I would say you have done a fantastic job.. But this concoction you have brewed here.. This is not just a normal healing potion. What you crafted here.. This is a perfect potion!" Sai smiled and was attempting to reach for the potion, but the NPC pulled away and put the potion onto his shelf. "I'll buy this potion off of you. What do you say?" The player disagreed and left his hand out.

[#197101] | [CD: 11] SUCCESSFULLY CRAFTED

[quest log.]
1/1 crafted potion

Edited by Sai

"I see.. As a gift, I'll hand you over about eight potions. How does that sound?" A window appeared displaying all the items the player received from the NPC'Eight items, huh? Let's see what I got here. A health potion.. Oh? I got five of them. A potion that increases my damage.. This is going to help when I am fighting some tough monsters.. Increase my maximum health? Sounds good.' His finger hoovered over the potion he created and smiled. 'I can heal for fifteen percent of my health? This is actually crazy good.' He swiped the menu away and looked over at the NPC"Now.. Was there anything else..?" Sai began to explain his reasoning for stopping by Zackariah's laboratory. "Leave it to Dorian to forget something so important. I'm afraid it wasn't me that borrowed his Col. I think I know someone who can help. Let me find it for you."

Edited by Sai

Sai watched as Zackriah walked around looking for a piece of paper, but Sai decided to start looking around the store. 'Who could possibly have his stack of Col.. Damn that pretentious old man.. What could I possibly be getting out of this? Maybe I should just take the Col for myself.. Heh..' He stopped in front of the window and swiped down his menu to take a look at his equipment. His hand hoovered over his starting armor, wondering what he could possibly exchange it with. 'There are a few skills that help improve my armor rating.. But I need to figure out what to get. Maybe I can find some gear out in the battle field.. Or possibly find a dungeon.. I heard there are some around the fifth floor.' He swiped away his menu and began searching for the NPC. He heard rustling a the backroom and proceeded to walk in without the permission of Zackriah.

The old man was still searching around for a piece of paper until Sai entered the room. "Oh.. there you are. I found it here in my store room." He walked out of the room and the player proceeded to follow behind him. 'This is a trigger event I assume. I guess I'll just keep following along until I find this sack of Col.' The player walked out of the merchant area and back to where he crafted his perfect potion. "There is a blacksmith around this area, you might want to look for her. Her name is Lyle." The NPC laid out a map and pointed out where the blacksmith is located. 'Hm.. It seems like there is more to this quest.. I guess I won't be able to speedrun this entire floor.' Sai took a step back and was about to head out of the lab, "Good luck on your adventure. I hope to see you again." The NPC resumed his work on the potion and the player made his way up the cobblestone path.

The sun has finally set and Sai continued to look around the merchant aisle, looking at different vendors. 'It seems like I could be apart of these shops. What are my options here..? What professions are available?' Sai looked over at an inn that is opened to all players and proceeded to make his way over with a light jog. As he entered the building, the warm air embraces his entire body as the cheers of players surround him. Players from all around gathered to celebrate their spoils and other players were planning their next adventure. Sai made his way to a corner booth and sat down waiting for someone to take his order. The rowdiness of the players put a smile on Sai's face, but he was interrupted as a hostess came by his booth. "How could I help you today? We have some great selections of meats and a wide variety of dri-" Sai lifted his hand up to stop the hostess and said, "I'll take just a cup of tea. Chrysanthemum if possible." The hostess jotted down the order and made her way to the kitchen.

'Back to my thought.. Which profession should I take? Or should I even take a profession..' Sai opened a menu and looked over the available professions. He tapped on the Blacksmith profession and began reading what he could do as a blacksmith. 'A blacksmith could craft: weapons, light armor, heavy armor, and shields. That's interesting.. But I don't really see myself as a blacksmith.' The hostess returned with his tea and smiled at her guest, "Is there anything else I could help you with?" She asked politely, Sai looked up at her and smiled, "That would be all, I appreciate it." He watched her walk over to other tables and he took a sip of his tea, 'Hm.. Let's take a look at tailors.. They are almost like blacksmiths.. It says here they make weapons and clothing.. I could probably find a better outfit than this.. Cloth armor and light armor.. Still debating which I should use.. I want to be light on my feet. And finally p-plushies..? I'll just skip over to the next one.' As he scrolled further down the list, he had seven other professions to look at.

The atmosphere had a warm aspect that made Sai feel at home with himself. He turned back toward his menu and continued looking at potential professions, 'Artisan.. Do I really want to be an artisan? What do they make? Trinkets, jewelry, and sculptures.. I don't really want to be one..' He scrolled down and looked over at alchemist, but remembered how he failed his crafting in Zackariah's laboratory. 'After that experience I've had with that old man.. I think I am going to skip out on being an alchemist. Maybe there are a few alchemists that could help me out with my situation.' His eyes scanned the room, watching as players leave and end their night. Sai let out a yawn and finished the rest of his tea. After emptying his cup, his hand was filled with thousands of polygons before fading out of existence. He smiled before walking over to a service staff to get a room for the night.

"Hello. I was wondering if I could have a room for the night. I'm trying to turn in as soon as possible. Preferably a cheap room." The hostess flipped through a book filled with different rooms, ranging from premium rooms to rooms that are as tiny as closets. "Ah.. How about this room? It's kind of terrible, but you will get it for free." Without any hesitation, Sai took the room key and followed the hostess to the room. It was basically a storage room filled with empty boxes. He found a neatly stacked box and laid himself down and started up at the ceiling. 'I guess I should finish this list of professions before calling it quits.'

His eyes focused on the menu and began looking at the next profession, 'A cook? I was never really good at cooking in real life. I don't think I would have an amazing time doing it here. Snacks, desserts, meals, and feasts. Yeah.. Going to not do that.' Sai turned over to his side and continued his research, 'Performer..? Like a mime? What can I do as a performer? Support songs and debuff songs? I can also record songs in a crystal? Yeah.. Not for me.'  He looked at the last three professions and let out one final yawn. "I think.. I'll call it quits today.. I think I did a lot of work today. This place isn't really going anywhere." He began to nod off, before slipping into a deep slumber. As the night slowly played out, lights around the businesses began to turn off and the sound of players began to die out. 

As the sun slowly rose, Sai heard a knock at his door and he groaned before slowly opening up his eyes. He slowly sat up and stretched out his arms before getting up from the boxes he slept on. He sighed before walking over the door and opening it to see the hostess smile at him. "Yeah.. I am heading out right now." She bowed before heading down the hall to greet the other players. 'I probably should find a way to make some Col.. Otherwise I should be sleeping out on a bench of something.' He walked downstairs to find his corner booth and waved to make an order for his breakfast.

Sai ordered a ham and cheese sandwich and an orange juice and the hostess left to place the order. 'Okay.. What was I doing again..? Ah yes.. Profession. What did I stop at..? Appraiser.. Oh this is kind of interesting.. If I became an appraiser, I could identify items, reroll enhancements, and have a potential to identify a unique enhancement.. This is pretty interesting.' He continued to scroll toward the last two profession until the hostess arrived with his meal. "I appreciate it." She smiled at the player and he began to drink his orange juice. 'The taste of food is still here.. How amazing is this technology.. Even if I am stuck in this death trap, it is still nice to do something I used to do everyday.' He continued to eat his breakfast as he scrolled down to the next profession. The last two professions are more like skills you could obtain, but it was something Sai was still interested in. He tapped on the fishing tab and read what he could do. "Fishing.. I guess I shouldn't really expect much." He said aloud, before taking another bite of his sandwich.

He finished his sandwich and scrolled to the last item on the list. 'Gathering.. I could gather materials.. I don't think I would really need materials if I am thinking of going with the appraiser profession. But I guess it would be nice to have some materials if I were looking for other people to do orders for me.' He finished his sandwich and swiped the menu away. As the day began, players began to flock into the inn and started their day off like usual. He watched as players took their seats and ordered their food, he could not help but smile. 'I guess life is still the same in this world. It's not like anything has really changed. Life and death is almost the same here. Except the fact that we fight hordes of monsters here.' He continued to drink his orange juice, as he thought about his next objective.