[SP-F01] Wild Boar Hunting | «The First Few Lessons»

From a distance, a steady clang of metal on metal is heard as the morning dew blessed the start of a new day. The sound of players hustling merchants for a lower price on their goods and services, giving the atmosphere of a working environment. The white haired player took a step into a dimly lit armory and there was a man standing behind his anvil, striking his heavy hammer against a new project he has been working on. The man had the appearance similar to Zackariah, but this man had no warmth or gentleness in his eyes. The NPC took one glance at the player and immediately the player could see annoyance on the man's face. "I'm busy." The player had no patience for someone who had nothing to offer him, he gritted his teeth and before he could speak, the man cuts him off with a wave of his leathery hand. "I don't do anything without payment. Go kill a couple of those pesky boarlets for me. Make sure you bring back their tusks. They're pretty weak, so even someone of your stature shouldn't have any problems with them. If you bring back three husks, I may be willing to hear you out."

Before the player could manage a single word, he was already out the door standing in shock. 'Tch.. Boarlets.. I remember reading that they reside somewhere near the town of Tolbana. I guess there is nothing else to do.’ Leaving the armory in his dust, the player began his journey toward Tolbana with ambition filled in his eyes. As he made his way toward the gate, groups of players ran past him with joy on their faces. That was when he felt a surge of excitement going through the course of his body and he made a full sprint toward Tolbana while opening his equipment menu and generating his sword onto his right hand. ‘I’m perfectly ready for this situation.’

Edited by Sai

There were a handful of players in the town of «Tolbana», but there were plenty of «Boarlets» roaming around the «Plains». He took an offensive stance and scanned the area for «Boarlets» that are by themselves. He watched closely as another player was slaying the monsters with extreme swiftness. 'Sword Arts.. Those are what our skills are used for. I should probably figure out how to use this skills. If I can clear out these monsters as fast as he could, I could potentially turn this quest in as soon as possible.' Sai swiped for his menu and took a glance at his skills, but there required energy and he did not have much to spend. A «Boarlet» spotted the white haired player standing out alone and began charging towards him. Looking through his menu, he saw the «Boarlet» coming straight for him. He quickly swiped the menu away and dashed backwards to create a larger gap and took an smirked, 'Alright.. First fight. Let's get rid of this damn monster!'

Not giving up a moment to strike first, Sai immediately took action and dashed toward his target. As the «Boarlet» closed the gap between the two, the white-haired swordsman used his blade and slashed the area in front of him. The tip of his blade barely missed his target and the player tumbled onto the ground, before catching himself from rolling any further. 'Tch.. I didn't think I was going to miss my first opportunity to kill my first monster.' He picked himself off the ground and took a defensive stance, as he watched the «Boarlet» turn around.

With the wind blowing past both combatants, the player watched as the boar like monster charged its way towards him. The player took a deep breath and watched as the monster travel at a quick speed, but he noticed that he could easily move out of the way. As the «Boarlet» got closer, Sai took one step aside and watched the monster fly right past him. 'I- That monster is quite stupid. Now I just need to land an attack and focused on getting the rest of the tusks.' 

SAI
[#197149] | BD: 05 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
 [miss.]

BOARLET
[#197150] | MD: 01 | >  [miss.]

[quest log.]
0/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai

Before allowing the «Boarlet» to make any movement, the swordsman took a single step and started dashing towards the monster. As he approached the creature, he stumbled onto his next step, causing him to fall flat onto his face. It temporarily spooked the «Boarlet» and it hopped a few inches back. 'I-I fell onto my face.. How could this possibly happen to me..? Damn it!' He slammed his fist against the ground, before slowly standing up and brushing the virtual debris off his body. The player looked over at the «Boarlet» prepared himself to attack it again, but as he prepared himself, the monster took off toward his direction.

Taking an offensive stance, the player also ran toward the «Boarlet», but when he was attempting to strike, the monster began jumping left to right. Stunned by this behavior, Sai took a step back and the «Boarlet» attempted to headbutt the player. Luckily for the player, the monster missed just by a few inches and the player had to take a step back to collect himself.

SAI
[#197151] | BD: 01 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
 [miss.]

BOARLET
[#197152] | MD: 05 | >  [miss.]

[quest log.]
0/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai

Gripping the handle of his blade as tightly as he could, the white swordsman sprinted toward the «Boarlet» with only the intentions of killing the creature. With every step the player took, he got closer and closer to the monster and without any hesitation, he lifted his sword into the air. "Don't take it personally. I just need to get this done as fast as I could." He smirked, before the blade of his sword shined a bright white color and with one fell swoop, his sword cut through the «Boarlet» like butter. His eyes glimmer as thousands of shards burst in front of him.

A window appeared with his quest progressing with one boarlet tusk. His eyes scanned the «Plains» once again to see if he was safe to relax and once he felt reassured, he fell onto his back and took in the sunlight. He closed his eyes, smiling as he felt the summer breeze blow through his direction.

SAI | HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 6
[#197155] | BD: 10 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
 [6 + 2 = 8 DMG]

BOARLET | HP: 0/3 | DMG: 3
[#197156] | MD: 00 | > [dead.]

[quest log.]
1/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai
  • 3 weeks later...

At this moment in time, the white swordsman no longer felt like he was shackled down by the chains of despair. The swordsman sat himself up, leaning against his arms for support, looking over at the «Plains». 'This is a whole new feeling.. I feel like I can stay like this forever, but.. This isn't the plan.. I have to quickly get this over with so I can move onto the next one.' He looked up at the sky with the sun beaming down at him and with that he could not help but let out a smile. He lifted himself off the ground and stretched out his arms and legs before flicking his wrist, materializing his sword. Watching from a distance, he could see a group of players securing an area and singling out monsters that were all alone. 'That is a pretty good idea.. But I think I could handle a few boars. Not like I could die to them.' The player scanned the surrounding area to see if he could find a «Boarlet», but he wanted a more risky approach. The more monsters he could fight, the faster he could complete his task. He was able to spot a few «Boarlets» that were gathered together and all he needed was to take out two monsters and he would finally be done with his task.

"Alright.. Let's get this over with!" Sai took off towards the monsters with nothing but determination to destroy the enemy in front of him.

Charging into battle without a care in the world, Sai attempted to plunge his blade into the belly of the «Boarlet». One of the «Boarlets» squealed out and caused the other to run away during combat. The blade plunged into the ground and the white-haired swordsman watched as the creature run off into the distance. 'A--Are you kidding me.. I'm not going to let you get away.. You're my prey!' The angry player pulled his blade out from the grass and the dirt that fell from his blade slowly faded out of existence. He prepared himself to charge towards the fleeing creature and launched himself like a spring. His eyes fixated on the «Boarlet» with nothing else in his mind, he gripped his blade and was preparing to strike the monster.

A sudden rush slammed right into Sai from the right side, causing him to be flung from the battlefield onto his face.

"B--Bastard.. I didn't think you would attack me from out of nowhere like that." He said from the ground, before he flipped himself over onto his back. He looked over to his left and watched the fleeing «Boarlet» slowly leaving his sight. 'This is pretty pathetic of me.. I let a tiny ass pig get the better of me and now look at me.' He let out a tired exhale, before sitting himself up and staring at the «Boarlet» that struck him.

"Stop looking at me.. Damn pig.." He berated as the monster let out a snort at him as if it retorted with an insult. There was a visible frustration on Sai's face, but he had to continue his fight and sitting on the grass was not going to do him any good.

SAI | HP: 35/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 6
[#197653] | BD: 4 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
[miss.]

BOARLET | HP: 3/3 | DMG: 3
[#197654] | MD: 10 | > [5 super critical.]

[quest log.]
1/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai

The «Boarlet» oinked at the player and he slowly became more irritated from hearing the sound escape from the monster. 'Tch.. I can't believe I am letting something like this get to me.. I can't be the strongest player if I am going to let this affect me..' Although the player was trying to keep a leveled head, he was slowly becoming more impatient as the time went by. He gripped the handle of his blade as tight as possible and glared at the «Boarlet» and took a quick breath and attempted to stab the «Boarlet» once again, but his blade could not connect with the monster and it quickly retreated back to a safe distance. The player looked up straight into the hair and clenched his hands tight and began to shout into the hair, "GOD DAMNIT! THIS DAMN PIG IS EVASIVE AS HELL! HOW AM I MISSING MY ATTACKS?" A few players in the surrounding area looked over at his direction and were weirded out by his behavior. He looked back down and his eyes widen when he saw the «Boarlet» charging straight at him once again.

Missing the opportunity to step aside, Sai took the charge straight to his abdomen and he fell onto his knee.

The player felt like vomiting everything out from his guts, but nothing came out of his mouth. He slammed his fist against the ground and could heard the laughter from the distance. Several players watched the white-haired player failing to slay the monster and saw how he fell onto his knees. Suddenly Sai exhaled and stood back on his feet, before shutting his eyes. 'I can't let this get to me.. This is how it is.. I won't allow this to hold me back.. I'm going to finish this quest.. I am going to achieve my goal.' He dusted himself off and slowly opened his eyes to see the «Boarlet» oinking at him.

SAI | HP: 32/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 6
[#197655] | BD: 4 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
[miss.]

BOARLET | HP: 3/3 | DMG: 3
[#197656] | MD: 9 | > [3.]

[quest log.]
1/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai

Tired of the games, Sai tightly gripped the handle of his blade with a strong determination, he quickly took action. Without missing a beat, the swordsman swung his sword, slicing through the «Boarlet». 'It felt smooth.. Like butter.. My attack landed!' As the blade of his sword exited the monster, he sheathed his weapon and heard the shattering of the «Boarlet». A window appeared before him with him obtaining the second boarlet tusk needed to complete his quest. He pumped his fist into the air and smiled toward the sky with the sun rays bathing his skin. 'Things are picking up! I just need to find one more damn tusk and I'll be on my way out of this damn fields!'  Before finding another «Boarlet» to slaughter, the swordsman began walking the «Plains» to take in the settings around him. Everything in the game reminded him of his life outside of the death game, but he had no choice but to continue onward. He began scanning the area for the final monster that he would need to slay and almost instantly he found one minding it's own business.

"Alright.. Let's do this one more time.." Sai instantly took off toward the «Boarlet» with his hand readied on the handle of his blade.

SAI | HP: 32/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 6
[#197675] | BD: 8 | > BASIC | (-0 EN)
[6 DMG.]

BOARLET | HP: 0/3 | DMG: 3
[#000000] | MD: 0 | > [dead.]

[quest log.]
2/3 boarlet tusks

Edited by Sai