[PP-F01] It's a boar hunt!

Moving through the crowd with ease Sera made her way to the blacksmith's shop. The directions that had been provided by the Potion's Mater, Zachariah, had indeed been accurate. From what could be observed, the main difference between the Potion Masters shop and this was the sign that hung overhead with the shop name and a silvery gray metal door. Laying a hand on the door the women pushed - only to find that more force than thought had to be applied. Nearly stumbling into the shop wide eyes glanced around the see walls outline in armor and weapons and another white-haired man on the other side of the anvil. A clanging rhythmically rang out as metal was pounded against metal. Thinking that this would be similar to the interaction with Zachariah she opened her mouth to speak, but was abruptly interrupted by a harsh, boorish voice.  

"I'm busy," Lyle states tersely.

Visibility frowning Sera attempted again to speak to the white-haired man, but he was not having it. Before another word could get past her lips he bit out, "I don't do anything without payment. Go kill a couple of those pesky boarlets for me, and bring back their tusks. They're pretty weak, so even you shouldn't have any trouble.  Do that, then I'll hear you out." As her mouth was about to open to respond to the rudest man that had ever been met the door behind her opened. 

@ChaseR

Seraphina | Lvl: 2 | HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840 | Energy: 102 | DMG: 21 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 | MIT: 69 | BH: 42 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 1 (BD: 9-10)| Vamp (Def.): 42 (CD: 9+) | HBS: 16 | LD: +6

<<The Second Lesson>>

Chase was running about his day as per usual. Do a little bit of tidying up the already tidy house he had on the 21st, go over to the lower floors and look for something to do, fail at finding anything, go to the next lower floor, and here he was, all the way back to the first. Last time he'd dropped by Zackariah, he found that nervous, fidgety girl he managed to help out. So maybe the next NPC for that quest line would have a similar situation going there?

Chase DBP Default Uncertain.pngAnd like so, he ended up in Lyle's workshop, silently looking at the blacksmith hammering away at his anvil and some newbie (bingo) fuming, ready to start dropping verbal bombs on him like no tomorrow. "... I'll help.", the bluehead tried to prevent Seraphina from the barrage. Sliding open his menu, he looked for nearby players and only found one. Finally, a name he could pronounce. 'Sera'. She was greeted with a party invite by 'ChaseR', giving her an awkward, toothy smile before exiting the building and tapping his foot on the stone path silently. "You're new, right? Have to kill boars or something?", he tried to ease up the mood, hopefully succeeding somewhat. And hell, this was his best attempt of all the past encounters with strangers so far.

Seraphina | HP: 40/40 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

Spoiler

ChaseR,
Level: 31
Paragon Level: 56
HP: 840/840
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 21
Mitigation: 69
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 3
Battle Healing: 46
Loot Dice: 6
HLY BLS: 18
HLY: 16
PARA
V.D.: 46

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Fragmented Blade>> (T4/2HSS/Perfect): HOLY II, PARA I
Armor: <<Azure Getup>> (T4/CA/Perfect): VDEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Trinket/Demonic): ACC II, EVA II

Skills:
2HSS R5
Cloth Armor R5
Battle Healing R5
Searching R4
Charge
Extended Weight Limit
Fighting Spirit

Active Mods:
Precision
Stamina
Athletics
Nimble
Large Pockets

Inactive Mods:

Active Extra Skills:
Disguise
Forgotten King’s Authority
Meditation
Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:
Restorative Strike

Battle Ready Inventory:
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery): 1
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III): 1
Woodland Armor (T3/Perfect) MIT III (1/3): 1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +10% Exp to a thread. Limit one use per month [1/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:
Tanos Statue: +25 Mitigation for a thread.

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR
Added the link to the quest so we can track it easier

As words more vicious in nature were about to tumble past rosy lips another voice interrupted with a brief, "... I'll help." Head whipping around so fast that moonlit locks slapped the side of her cheek Sera glowered at the young man standing where no player had been before. For just a minute the temptation to let the words that were meant for the black smith befall on the innocent by standard; however, the voice in the back of her mind reminded her that the azure haired player standing before her had nothing to do with the current interaction. All thoughts of bitterness and annoyance left when a single screen lit up before her very eyes - an invitation to join a party. Through the screen ruby eyes could see a grinning, young man who radiated a pure energy. Sera's gaze softened and a light smile decorated flawless features. There was no doubt as a slender finger hit the 'join' icon.b385afe53269582792653de77337e8a093b52c7f.png

Following the player, who was now known as ChaseR, outside the women observed as his foot tapped on the pavement but marveled at the fact that it was silent. It was ChaseR's voice that brought virtual reality crashing back in. Ah yes, the quest. "Yep, I'm a new," Sera confirmed, grinning at the player sheepishly, "Just started today actually. Well, not the game but quests and stuff..." A hand lifted to scratch the back of her head as a rosy color engulfed her cheeks. Despite the casualness of the interaction there was something about this player that read experience. He stood with a graceful confidence that she wished that she possessed in this world. Instead, the women was feeling more unsure than a fawn who was attempting to stand for the first time - and in some ways she was.

"But yeah, I have to do the quest where player kill boarlets," Sera confirmed the second question with a nod, "Thanks for being willing to join me. I feel the need to warn you that I have not engaged in battle before this quest - if that was not obvious." Sera attempted to break the awkwardness of meeting someone new with a joke. 

--------STATS--------

ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 102/102 | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

Edited by Seraphina

Thank god he was spot on, because otherwise he would have been quite embarrassed to almost kidnap someone under the assumption they were just starting out. Then again, why else would someone be ready to scream at a quest giver? His features softened as she said that she hadn't fought in combat before, and his gaze, although pinned on her, seemed completely lost, like he was deep in thought. It wasn't long before he shook his head and gave her a small nod.

Chase DBP Happy.png"That's alright. The combat guides itself. You just do the motion, the system will help you carry it through. Let's go into the fields.", he blurted out and began to walk towards the town's exit, figuring that she'd have already gone out at least once to gather the materials for Zackariah's quest. He'd gone through this routine plenty of times with various people, and as sickening as it was to do the same thing over and over again, there was little else he really could do. "I'm a tank. Monsters don't like me, so they attack me while my party hits them. Find the boarlets and I'll take their attention. You can try your sword arts there.", he tried to explain as simply as he could, looking at her for a moment as he stepped out of the safezone and noticing the spear. "It's not as hard as it seems."

This time, he wasn't going to start talking about how he had also been there before and how hard things were. Some people needed to hear that, while others didn't. So he was just going to change his approach to it this time around, be more confident and seem trustworthy rather than a goofy, no-longer inexperienced player. Maybe just this attitude would be enough to help out more than the relatable, scrawny kid he'd made himself out like all the other times. Not that the act changed his actual identity any, but-

--------STATS--------

There was a moment when the flow of conversation was interrupted by a brief silence. At that moment, players could be heard joyfully chatting to one another about quests, as well as gossiping quietly about the latest progress updates. It almost appeared as if they were invisible in the crowd. Despite the interesting conversations surrounding them, Sera found herself staring right back into the light blue eyes that appeared to investigate her very soul. For most people, the staring probably would have been off-putting, but for this player - who was used to stares - it was nothing new. As she was aimage.pngbout to say something to bring ChaseR's attention back to reality, he suddenly snapped out of it with a nod.  

As ChaseR started to discuss how to battle, he had Sera's complete attention. In all honesty, the situation before them was nerve-racking; at least to her. As the man abruptly turned and started toward the fields the white-haired woman was right behind him. Jogging to keep up with the taller man she continued to listen. Ah, he was a tank. That sounded interesting, but also dangerous. "Okay, it's not that hard," Sera repeated, more of her benefit than his, "But what happens if I miss? or you get hurt?" Her nervousness was easy enough to see with eyebrows furrowed and the smile dropping to a small frown. "I mean, if you're right there you are in the most danger, right?" The idea that he could potentially get hurt due to her actions bothered her. While battle alone had been a terrifying thought; battling with someone was even worse. 

As the question hung in the air a wide, vast field rolled before them. Players of varying shapes and sizes were battling the small monsters. Perhaps some were there to complete the very same quest the duo was on; while others were there to level up. Either way, it presented no problem as the boarlet that lived in the field were of plenty.

-----STATS-----

Chase quietly looked at Seraphina with a blank expression, hearing her worry a bit too much. It wasn't that he was heartless, but when Shay was showing him around, he was confident in her abilities. Hence she was taking him out into the fields and all. Now, his main issue was keeping up this air of confidence without sounding like a complete asshole that's let it get to his head. So...

Chase DBP Awkward Silent.png"Every few seconds, I get around 5% of my health back. Right now, my armor can hold back most monsters, and I've only survived in battles by dodging. I look weak but the game works... differently. Is it your first game too? There's a lot of numbers that don't show- like armors and weapons. So it's weird but. They're there.". When it seemed like he tried the most, he could actually articulate sentences without peeving anyone off- or at least he hoped so. Not that speaking this openly and as if he was that familiar with the system felt right, but it was something he could and probably should get used to. Chase looked around as well to make sure that the players fighting weren't in any visible trouble at least, before looking back at Sera again. "Your armor... If it has a single slot of mitigation, you might take no damage too. But you have a lot less health because you're level one. Or two?", and that stung a bit.

He felt as though he'd gone poking at how low a level she was, which would probably sound like bragging. By the time he realised, it was already too late and he had a visibly pained expression on his face, looking away and pretending to look at the fights around them and in the distance again. "N-Not that it's bad, everybody's been there. But I won't get hurt. That's all."

-----STATS-----

While it appeared that ruby orbs were carefully scanning the field in what would be an attempt to find an enemy that was not already being fought; really her attention was on the player to her side. There had been just a moment where something felt off, but the moment was gone before it even appeared. Tuning back in from the moment distraction the women absorbed what the taller man was saying. Sera found herself nodding as he spoke, attempting to indicate that she was indeed listening. As the questions about this being her first game came up, as well as what level she was, a small part of her found she wanted to mess with him.

As he was finishing his last sense Sera did her best to pretend to be horrified at the question. A hand flew up to her mouth [as dramatically as possible] and covered it. The hand was covering a smile, not a gasp of shock. “How dare you…” Sera started, ensuring to lace horror into her voice, “I’ll have you know that I am a very experienced gamer. I’ve-I’ve played – “She was forced to stop talking because as she turned to face him her wide gaze landed on a face that was painted with a pained expression. Immediately the dramatic play ended.

“I was just messing with you,” Sera stated, hoping to rectify the situation, “I’m level 2. And this is really my first fighting game. Usually, I played farming sims and puzzle games. I’ve always had a rough time was combat, ya know?” Normally, she was open about everything, maybe even too much so sometimes. “Also, sorry. I was just trying to pick up the mood.” Another light rosy color dusted across pale cheeks. Way to go, Sera thought sarcastically to herself.

-----STATS-----

Chase was starting to feel guilty until he heard her talk about how much of a gamer she was. He wasn't the most intuitive, but that was a dead giveaway she was messing around. His expression tried to keep its form, but he only ended up laughing by the time Sera was done explaining herself. "Don't worry, I just didn't want to sound like I was bragging. Or being mean.", he awkwardly responded and wiped a tear (out of laughter) from his eyes, raising an eyebrow after. "What is a sim?", the curious question asked, only to be interrupted by a blue light further behind them as a group of three boarlets spawned.

Chase DBP Happy.png"Oh, your boars. Try the thing out. Attack with your spear, the system will help you.", he reminded her and turned to them, keeping his broken, stone sword sheathed by his left hip and just resting a hand on its hilt. And with a soft cough, he cleared his throat and proceeded to howl, managing to not mess up this time around. The boars ignored him however, continuing to look around and munch on grass as before. Completely confused, Chase opened up his menu and looked through his skills before groaning. "... I haven't relearned all my skills, fuck. J-Just attack them, if anything goes wrong I'll intervene. Sorry for looking like a dork."

Spoiler

ChaseR does nothing. (BD: -)

-----STATS-----

Boarlet 1: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 2: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 3: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

For a moment, there was a pause as Sera waited anxiously for a response. Anything to let her know that they were still okay. Then there was a sudden shift of mood. The blue-themed player's face dropped, and laughter started to fill the air. The realization then dawned on Sera that she was getting messed with. Her laughter, deep from the gut, joined with ChaseR’s. There were a few players in the immediate area that stopped to stare at the two strangers laughing, but none of them bothered to question it. For Sera, this moment was everything. Since being forced to remain in SAO no connections had been made; no friends to laugh with or share moments with. It was the first real touch of normalcy in two years – and it was intoxicating.ningguang pfp Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

As the laughter died down and an answer about ‘sims’ were about to be provided they were interrupted. Three boarlets – bigger than expected – had appeared before the duo. As he spoke about relearning skills and such Sera waved him off. “No need to be sorry,” Sera grinned while readying the spear, “After all, being a dork isn’t a bad thing.” Following ChaseR’s advice, the white-hair player then started an attack. Gripping the shaft of the spear with the left hand first she thrust the weapon forward. Unlike everyone else’s weapon, it did not glow the intimidating blue. It just remained a plain, uninteresting spear. “Welp, look who proved to be the bigger dork.”

The first boarlet startled as the head of the spear was thrust in its face. Then the surprise turned to anger. There had been a split moment where her attention was shifted from the fight and it cost her. The angered boarlet attacked. It rammed into Sera’s side causing her to gasp and lose footing. The boar stood before her form, eyes narrowed and ready to fight. 

Spoiler

Sera critically misses [#197935 | BD: 01]
Boar 1 hits [#197936 | MOD: 8]

-----STATS-----
Seraphina | HP: 37/40 | EN: 21/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0

Boarlet 1: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 2: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
Boarlet 3: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

Edited by Seraphina

ChaseR looked at her attempt at attacking the spear, wincing when he noticed Sera's attack miss. And now came the boarlet's- but it barely scratched her. Thankfully, she seemed to have put on mitigation or something of the sort on her armor. He stepped forward, ready to instruct her on how to use her spear but before that, the other two boarlets charged straight at him. One missed, while the other hit his stomach dead on. Gasping out a bit of air, Chase groaned and pushed it back with his free hand, unsheathing the broken stone blade. "C'mon, piss off, shoo."

Chase DBP Default.png"So, what you need to do is use a sword art. Don't just attack. That usually doesn't work.". He tried to hold his broken sword like a spear, looking at it awkwardly and closing his eyes. With a bit of help, he could visualize something- more than enough. The boarlet was getting agitated looking at him take on a different stance and do nothing as if it was a non-threat, screeching almost and charging at him instead of Sera this time around. And then, he thrust the sword forwards- to no avail, not that it dealt any damage. And then he slapped the boar with the flat side of his sword, causing a thud to sound before it disappeared into tiny blue fragments, flying away in the air. "Like that. Try it. Just try to attack, but with uh... focus. Think about it a bit. And let it be natural."

If anything came to mind from when he was starting to take notes on every weapon skill available, what she needed to use was called 'Sonic Charge' or so. "You'll get health back once the fight is over. But you're not in danger. Just practice.", he tried to reassure her and smiled slightly, looking at her with a lax pose almost and the hand he was holding his sword in nearly dropped fully. It was clear that at the very least these boarlets weren't any issue; for him nor her.

Spoiler

image.png

Boarlet 2 & 3 attack ChaseR! (MD: 1, 10)
ATTACK MISSED! [Boarlet 2]
1 + 2 - 69 = 3 - 69 = 1 [Boarlet 3]

ChaseR attacks Boarlet 1! (BD: 6+3=9)
21 [Boarlet 1]

-----STATS-----
Seraphina | HP: 39/40 | EN: 21/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 839/840 | EN: 101/102 (-1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,2] Boarlet 1: HP: 0/5 (-21) | DMG: 3
[0,0] Boarlet 2: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
[0,0] Boarlet 3: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

* Editted Seraphina's HP. She should have taken 3-11 DMG (due to mitigation), therefore 1 HP point of damage.

Panic was starting to seep into the crevices of the mind, sneaking into the depths of thought like a mouse in the night and starting to take over. The panic only started to grow as ruby orbs watched the only friend she had at the time was being attacked by a boarlet. As the boarlet was batted away by an unperturbed blue-haired male player the fear started to inch its way back into the depths of her mind. Another lung-filled exhale and the words 'yo୨୧ Genshin Impact — Matching Icons !! ꒱꒱ ・ Like... - Tumbexu're not in any danger' echoed through her mind. Regaining control of the once wobbly legs Sera stood. Planting one foot in front of the other another deep breath was taken.

‘You can do this’ Sera assured herself, trying to allow the confidence that ChaseR was feeling influence her.

Hearing the word “sword skill” brought back memories of the list that was labeled “sword arts” and how something called <<Sonic Charge>> was on there. Not really sure what to think, but wanting to do her best, Sera thought about the term and started forward. Not even seconds later and the two-handed spear started to glow that dangerous blue. Completely focused on the task at hand Sera grabbed the spear and ran forward. What happened next was phenomenal. The spear came to life and landed an attack right on the side of the boarlet. It then disintegrated into blue pixels.

“Yes!” Sera exclaimed joyfully, “I did it!”

For a moment Sera was so excited that the thought of the current task at hand become lost in the celebration of a successful hit. Then a high-pitched squeal brought reality crashing. The white-haired player was barely able to move out of the way as a boarlet came charging. Unfortunately, she did not move fast enough and one of the tusks scraped the outside of her left arm. 

Spoiler

Seraphina hits with <<Sonic Charge>>! [#197952 | BD: 10]
Boarlet 2 hits! [#197953 | BD: 7]
**Roll was supposed to be against boarlet 2, not boar 1. 

----STATS-----
Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 17/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 839/840 | EN: 101/102 (-1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,2] Boarlet 1: HP: 0/5 (-21) | DMG: 3
[0,0] Boarlet 2: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3
[0,0] Boarlet 3: HP: 5/5 | DMG: 3

@ChaseR

Edited by Seraphina

Although he'd seen the boar charge at her and knew there wasn't much he could do, hearing the squeal quickly made him react the same way he would if the monster was any dangerous- he held himself back and used his weakest SA available, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to pummel the everliving hell out of the mob. Or at least he would, if he got the chance to.

Chase DBP Glare (New).pngHolding his sword with one hand he moved it to the side, keeping his arm stretched to the side before white wisps began to gather around the blade. And they quickly formed what seemed like the rest of the two handed greatsword- or at least that's what it seemed to be- with an opaque form. Before there was any time to marvel at it though, he slashed forwards and the blade that had just formed got sent flying right at the boarlet, slicing it clean and dissipating shortly after with a small white flash. Maybe a bit overkill, but the job was done- Sera was officially in none, not even a little bit of danger. Only as the flash started did Chase's concentrated glare stop, realizing he'd massacred what was left of the Boarlet group and looking at Sera, giving her a small smile and thumbs up with his left hand.

"Sorry, standard reaction. To allies getting hurt.", he tried to brush it off and sheathed his blade again, seeing that there weren't any more monsters nearby. Not that boarlets were literally monsters, but technicalities. "That's how you perform sword arts though. Just keep trying the motions out and you'll see, there's plenty of them. Some can stop enemies in their tracks, and others hit multiple. See what works for the situation. It becomes habit to make the right calls after a while.", he tried to explain as best as he could, grinning and resting his left hand on his sword's hilt. Looking around the plains, he wasn't sure if she wanted to tackle the optional objective to the quest- the Mama Boar. "Mama would be an issue for you. But you're with me. I can soften her up and let you do the rest. And make sure she'll attack me too, so you don't get hurt again."

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Scooped on Boarlet 3! (BD: 10)
3 * (21 + 2 + 16) = 117 + PARALYZE

----STATS-----
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 (+42+42+16) | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,3] Boarlet 3: HP: 0/5 (-117) | DMG: 3

* The healing effects that triggered are V.Def (Vampiric Defensive) on a CD 9+, HBS (Holy Blessing) because I got hit last turn, and the energy regen is because it's my turn again. It's Player Tier * 1 per turn at the start. My SA cost 1 EN instead of 2 because of my Stamina mod for my Weapon Skill. Hope I helped make it less confusing. ^^

• Don't pay the unique enhancements too much attention. You won't run into them a lot until later, but if you do you can always ask me/your partner for the thread what they did. ^^

** As for the damage, 21 is my Base DMG, +2 is from the BD 10 critical, and +16 is from scoring a Holy (2 slots) trigger at T4, since it's 2 * slots * tier, and I have 2 slots and am Tier 4. Although this mob died, because my weapon has 1 slot of Paralysis (meaning it'll Paralyze at BD 9-10), it would paralyzed and lose its next turn, as well as had all of its EVA negated until then, had it survived.

Edited by ChaseR

The movement had been swift and decisive. In fact, if Sera had dared to blink, she may have missed what occurred altogether; however, that was not the case. Ruby orbs still wide with shock watched as a hand was placed on the hilt of the sword before it was steadily removed from the sheath. There was unmistakable shift in aura around ChaseR as the wind picked up around the sword and then an almost translucent shape formed the rest of the two-handed weapon. Then there was no hesitation as he attacked. In mere moments what was lfile.jpg?1595325828eft of the boarlet was drifting off only to fade away. 

Still shocked the white-haired player reminded frozen in spot. 

Then warmth flooded her features as she listened to ChaseR dismiss the reaction as a standard reaction to allies getting hurt. Allies. They were allies. An ear-to-ear grin broke out on sooth features. "Thanks," Sera said, warmth enveloping her tone, "For demonstrating and explaining." The second part of the sentence was added it in a quick fashion. It was possible that ChaseR picked up on the pause, and if he had he may have realized that she was thanking him for much more than the fighting lesson.

At the topic of the mama boar Sera nodded her head, "As for mama boar, let's do it. Together we should be able to beat that thing to a pulp." With that said a narrowed gaze turned toward the field. As far as the eye could see boarlet's roamed and fought; but then, several feet away, a large boar materialized. Its tusks were bigger than Sera's forearm, but she wasn't scared. Not anymore. "Ready when you are, partner."  

Spoiler

----STATS-----
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 (+42+42+16) | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

Mama Boar | HP: 60/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

**Gotcha! I think that makes sense. *sweat*

The sudden perking up in Sera's attitude and finding the spirit of SAO honestly felt refreshing. Hearing someone say 'partner' with this much confidence was definitely cheesy, but god did he need to hear that once in a while. Now was a good time, better than ever if anything. And no better way to top this first quest off for the truthfully enjoyable friend he'd hopefully made than to finish the optional objective in a jiffy.

Chase DBP Happy.pngApproaching the mother boar, he took his blade out again and whistled to get its attention, wandering slightly to the side to make sure no attacks could hit his partner by accident. And just then, the wisps showed up again. He grinned and even laughed nervously with how lucky he was getting, his sword acting up all this often. He held the blade with both hands, its full form revealing itself once again, although this time the light was a lot dimmer- almost flickering. He didn't seem to notice, dashing right at the boar and slashing; and just when his blade should have sliced the beast in half, it dissipated right before touching into complete nothingness, leaving the Mama Boar to ram her tusks right into him, sending him tumbling back a bit.

Although initially he gasped for air when he was struck, he got up and shook his head, getting some blades of grass out of it laughing as if he wasn't even in a fight right now. "Sword's being a dipshit, don't mind it. It's got its eyes on me anyways. Use your strongest sword art, just go with it!", he advised her as he got up and dusted himself, keeping his stone sword only in his right hand, the left one moving to his jacket's pocket and staying tucked in while he closed the distance between himself and the two others once more.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR attacks Mama Boar! (BD: 1)
ATTACK MISSED

Mama Boar attacks ChaseR! (MD: 10)
15 - 69 = 1

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 18/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 839/840 (-1) | EN: 100/102 (+4, -2) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,1] Mama Boar | HP: 60/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

As the taller player approached the mama boar Sera followed a couple steps behind. Mentally, the women was reminding herself that her teammate was a tank and that role of a tank was to gain focus from the enemy while other players attacked. So that is what she was doing. Once ChaseR gained the mama boars attention then she would rush in.

Only, it didn't quite happen exactly as she thought it would. For many reasons. Hunger Games Simulation: Beyond the Possibilities - TV Tropes Forum

As the sword started to swing down the blade that was dimly outlined by wisps suddenly disappeared. What should have been a devastating blow turned out to nothing but a puff of air in the boars face. Well, air and the body of the player who was driving the blow. A sharp breath was taken as ChaseR fell. Unlike before, the worry that was present was lessened; rightfully so as ChaseR suddenly popped up and tussled the blades of grass out of the sharp blue locks. What only further caused the worry to subside was the fact that ChaseR was laughing. Shaking her head and smiling slightly Sera turned a determined gaze toward the boar. It's menacing orbs were not focused the least bit on her - just as ChaseR said. Feeling encouraged the white-haired female gripped the shaft of the plain spear and rushed forward. Thrusting her arms forward she attempted another <<Sonic Charge>>. Much like last time the head of the spear lite up but it was user error that caused a missed mark. As the head of the spear was about to land it's mark Sera's foot slipped and balance was lost. Stumbling slightly she managed to right herself once more and then create space between the boar and herself. 

"Shit," Sera murmured to herself, red orbs flashing with distain. Her attention then turned toward the male player for a brief second before returning back to the enemy. "Looks like I'm not having much luck either. " Despite the frustration, annoyance, and embarrassment that was festering from a missed shot a wide, cheek-to-cheek smile decorated her features.

Spoiler

Seraphine attacks Mama Boar with <<Sonic Charge>> | #198616 | BD: 1 [MISS]

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 14/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 839/840 (-1) | EN: 100/102 (+4, -2) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,1] Mama Boar | HP: 60/60 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

Speaking of luck, two holy triggers in one day- hell, even a single proc felt lucky at this point. The hardest fight he'd had in the past few days, no, weeks, happened to be with the Shadow. "You actually got to see my sword's full form. I didn't during the boss fight.", he told her with a small smile, dusting his legs somewhat and starting to walk towards the Boar quietly, seeming much more reserved- still not properly holding his ground, but he looked more concentrated.

Chase DBP Eyebrow.png"Right now we've unlocked 26 floors. I helped unlock the 26th. We kill bosses to do that- big bad monsters. The Shadow, the 26th boss, had some form of history with a few of the players. It had a lot of attacks but I was the tank in one of the teams and couldn't do jack. I'm meant to deal some damage, but.", he said and saw Mama Boar charge at him again, looking down at his blade before focusing on the monster. He sidestepped, fancily twirling around it to show off mostly, and watching it do a u-turn just to attack him and him alone. With another miss, it almost landed the third attempt, only to get grabbed by the bluehead's hands, held in place by its horns. And then came a slam from the side with the flat side of his sword, sending it tumbling to the side.

"McJackass right here didn't like me that day or something. Holy never showed up. That's the enhancement's name.", he explained and looked over his shoulder at Sera, the hint of a small smile still present on the edge of his lips. "We made it through, but he better straighten up next time. Boss fight should be up soon for the 27th. So while you're not on the frontlines with me, just laugh with it. It's still a game down here.". Although there was a bit of bitterness behind his words, he seemed to be genuine about it- not trying to worry her or make her fear, but reassure her more lighthearted feelings. "In a way, I'm lucky to even have gotten Holy ones. Poor choice of target, but that's just it. So let's just have fun and keep playing with it while we can.", he finished his small monologue of a story time and pep talk before giving her a smile again, closing his eyes as he did. "And you're up, go get 'em!", he bombarded her too soon for a smooth transition, wanting to see if she'd pull it off properly this time.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR attacks Mama Boar! (BD: 5+3+1=9)
21 - 5 = 16

Mama Boar attacks ChaseR! (MD: 7-3=4)
ATTACK MISSED

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 14/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 (+42) | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,3] Mama Boar | HP: 44/60 (-16) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

It felt like story-time, and Sera was an active participant. Wonderings about the boss battles and fights of the upper floors ran though her mind from time to time. What was it like? Who were you with? What was it like to beat a level? In this moment some of those questions had been answered. It sounded grueling and dangerous. Is that what she wanted? Did you want to be up there fighting with ChaseR and whoever else she meets on this journey? 

Memories of her sitting at her favorite Cafe flew through her brain. It was a distinct memory since was the very first day she had visited the café. As she sipped her tea she watched as players from high level guilds walked by. They laughed, joked, and seemed to be having a wonderful time. She had decided that she would like that. She wanted to be on the front lines, risking her life to win this game and return home. 

As that thought traveled through her mind Sera observed as ChaseR twirled and then smacked the boar with the flat end of his blade, stating "...So let's just have fun and keep playing with it while we can." For just a moment she held the spear between her body and arm all while clapping and laughing. "What a nice little touch," Sera joked, considering his words. ChaseR had a valid point. This was an opportunity to relax and just have fun. There would be plenty of other fights that they could stress about, and this was not one of them. As the boar started towards her, she lowered herself closer to the ground and prepared to allow the boar to use its own momentum to impale itself. 

Unfortunately for Sera the was able to veer off course enough to avoid impalement. As the large body of the boar passed, she could feel the rough, plastic like fur brush against the right ear. Bending and rolling Sera popped up and faced the boar again. She was following ChaseR's led and having fun. 

"I must have bad luck or something," Sera lightly acknowledged, jamming the head of the spear lightly into the ground, "Can't seem to land a hit." As a result of the purposeful tumble Sera had green strands of grass in her head and one on her cheek. Wiping it away she turned toward the male, a small smirk on her face, "I'm going to be fighting with you on the front lines one day. Also, switch." 

Spoiler
198663 3 7 6 4 Seraphina http://www.cydel.net/images/saorpg/diceroll/Msg_hover2.png Sonic Charge vs Mama Boar 2021-09-11 13:48:06

Seraphina used <<Sonice Charge>>  [3+1=4 MISS]

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 10/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 (+42) | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,3] Mama Boar | HP: 44/60 (-16) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

The clap and laugh made Chase blush a bit, mostly because he didn't have an idea what the funny part was- it kinda stuck together when he heard her comment though. It came out naturally and less like a cheesy attempt at anything, but maybe it seemed otherwise to his companion. Oops. "D-Don't laugh, I'm god horrible at communicating normally.", he added somewhat shyly and gave a small laugh in response, looking back at the boar as Sera began to approach it.

Chase DBP Happy.pngEven though she missed her attack once again, she was still learning. Chase remembered having gotten his first few encounters down alright, but Shay, the person helping him at the time, was a lot closer to his level than he was to Sera's. She was level 16, and he was 1 at the time. A much easier fit for the both of them as Shay wasn't nearly as strong as he was currently, so she could help without just wiping the field clear. That's why he had to keep holding back though- or else Sera would be too overleveled with no experience. Actual experience, not just the game's EXP. That was what drove most people through the game.

And then it hit him, like a slap in the back of the neck. He froze in his place and turned around, looking at her before smiling. "Seriously? Already?", he asked as he let out a small laugh, but it wasn't at her expense. If anything, he was surprised, pleasantly so too. He just laughed again and turned around, only to see the boar almost hit him and step aside at the very last second. That was a close one. He chased right behind it as it tried to halt its charge, slamming it from behind and sending it tumbling her way. "My 'mentors' told me I was rushing when I said I'd get to the frontlines. But within a month or so, there I am.", he explained and sheathed his sword, trusting in Sera's abilities to finish the mob with her next attack. It would land, for sure.

"If you're going to the frontlines, let me help you get there. There's nothing better for me to do but help others with the way things are. Until there's a party moving to unlock the 27th floor.", he requested of her with confidence and a fire in his eyes almost, clenching one of his fists. He felt tense, despite how confident he seemed. His excitement was getting the best of him, remembering his journey from the start to where he currently stood. "Finish 'er off!", he added, as the boar got back on its fours facing him, ready to charge once more from right next to Seraphina. Just the right angle for a finishing blow.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR attacks Mama Boar! (BD: 3+3+1=7)
21 - 5 = 16

Mama Boar attacks ChaseR! (MD: 8-3=5)
ATTACK MISSED

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 10/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,5] Mama Boar | HP: 28/60 (-16) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

"If you're going to the frontlines, let me help you get there. There's nothing better for me to do but help others with the way things are. Until there's a party moving to unlock the 27th floor."

This time it was her turn to blush. The soft pink glowed crossed her cheeks and nose. It would have been hard to hide the initial shocked expression but then a wide, toothy grin overtook the surprised 'oh' that her mouth made.  Despite the lack of luck that had occurred during fighting it had appeared elsewhere. A little cheesy, but true.  Nodding she faced the grin toward him, "I would love to have the company."

With the ruby orbs focused on the blue haired player the casual sheathing of the sword did not go unnoticed. The smile did not falter. Sera knew exactly what the taller player was telling her without telling her. That action sent the message that ChaseR trusted that the next hit was going to land. That message was reaffirmed as the words, "Finish 'er off!" filled the distance between the duo. Considering the luck, or lack thereof, the nerves started to build back up. While she knew that it would not be a bit deal if she missed and that they would probably laugh about it there was something still very unsettling about the situation. Previously, it had been easy to be confident because the chance that she was going to get a hit was there, but the doubt was sneaking in through the cracks. With three misses in a row, it was difficult to have a little faith. After all, if she could not help with defeating a boar the how was she going to help defeat a boss? 

Doubt was her downfall. As the boar stood directly next to her, she drew back the assault spear and struck. Unfortunately for her the head of the spear did not contact the robust body. Instead, the head of the spear hit the tusk of the boar. It was either that or the boar was able to block the attack. In all honesty, Sera wasn't too sure. Taking a couple steps away from the boar she readied the spear again in case the boar decided to come this way. "Are you sure you wanna travel with me? I seem to be cursed." It was made as a joke, but it really did feel like she was on the wrong side of lady luck. 

Spoiler

Sera attach Mama Boar with <<Sonic Charge>>

198685 1 8 4 2 Seraphina   Sonic Charge vs Mama Boar 2021-09-16 16:24:17

BD: 1 [MISS]

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 6/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 101/102 (+4, -1) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,5] Mama Boar | HP: 28/60 (-16) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1

Edited by Seraphina
  • 2 weeks later...

Cardinal was just proving what it always loved to. While Sera's instability (emotionally and literally when holding the spear) was to blame, more of the calculations between hitting and not fell on the system. It was almost 'protecting' Mama Boar as if just to screw over Sera and discourage her. Chase knew that Kayaba wasn't that unfair, but it was getting hard to believe. So to stop this from getting any worse, he sighed.

Chase DBP Silent.pngHe sighed and took his sword back out, quietly approaching Sera. He took one of her hands and quietly put it over his, waiting until she held it from behind, basically holding the sword alongside him. And just like that, he slammed the pommel of his sword into the boar's head just when it would jump up to attack him after another charge. "If you were cursed, this would be a whole lot different.", he told her with a small smile before pulling his hand back, realising what he'd done and pinching his nose with the other hand. "S-Sorry.", he faltered momentarily before letting out a grunt. "It's dead anyways. Don't beat yourself over it. The system likes to make you feel helpless at times.", he tried to reassure her that it wasn't fully (or even partially) her fault. She didn't need to hear it all after her first battle. She'd learn very quickly anyways.

"If only the players wanted anything different, that'd help out.". He wanted to say that, but he didn't. Thoughts of the whole feud with Firm Anima ran through his head and for a moment, he looked away with a harsher glare off into the distance. It quickly cleared up though before he turned back to Sera with another small smile. "Let's go turn in the quest to Zackariah. I can take you for a walk after and explain a few things. It should help you out, unwind so you can compose yourself and get ready for the next quest.", he proposed, one sword on his hip and the other on his sword's hilt.

Spoiler

image.png

ChaseR uses Tempest! (BD: 5+3+1=9)
14 * 21 - 5 = 294 - 5 = 289 + STUN

Seraphina | HP: 38/40 | EN: 6/22 | DMG: 4 | MIT: 11 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 0
ChaseR | HP: 840/840 | EN: 92/102 (+4, -10) | DMG: 21 | MIT: 69 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | HOLY: 16 | PARA: 9-10 | BH: 42 | V.(DEF): 42 | HBS: 16 | LD: 6

[0,7] Mama Boar | HP: 0/60 (-289) | DMG: 15 | MIT: 5 | EVA: -1 | STUNNED